The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

MIKE THE SOMNAMBULIST

Act 2 (Part 4)

by StageShowMM

While I rested my eyes, I was aware of someone speaking to me. At one point, he placed a hand on my shoulder and his voice felt even more powerful and authoritative. A number of the things he said sounded silly, even downright ridiculous, but I nodded anyway as he said them. After a long while talking, both to me and others, he counted up from three and said…

“Wide awake.”

I blinked my eyes, rising up in my chair. I’d been lying on top of someone. Who…?

Shit! Whoever it was was some scrawny guy in his underwear. I rose quickly. Where was I? Did I black out? Was I in our hotel…?

On the ground by my feet, all around I felt bodies moving. I saw my friend Josh next to my right foot, completely nude, slowly pushing himself off the floor. I looked around—more people everywhere, everyone naked. What the fuck had happened…

Finally, I recognized the layout. We were up onstage in that club. It was slowly coming back to me, how we’d all gone onstage to volunteer for that hypnotist…

All around me, naked guys were stumbling to their feet. Glancing back over to my side, I saw an empty row of chairs… Me and the guy next to me seemed to be the only ones sitting down. Everyone else was slowly crawling up off the floor, most of them naked, a few still wearing underwear. I kept blinking, hoping I could somehow clear my eyes, that I was seeing things, but every time I opened them the picture remained the same. I was surrounded by a stage full of nude men, all shaking their heads and wandering back toward their chairs…

“All right, guys, can everyone please find your seats again so we can get started? This place is a fucking mess…” someone was saying. I finally located the voice, coming from the other corner of the stage. It was the only guy I could see who was actually still dressed besides me! I recognized him as the hypnotist.

“Just grab any seat, don’t worry…” he continued, as most of the guys started making their way back to the chairs. Josh plopped down next to me, shaking his head groggily. I pulled away a bit, weirded out by having his bare ass so close to me…

“What’s going on, man?” asked the hypnotist, clapping his hand on some naked guy’s shoulder.

“I don’t know…” he muttered, sounding really disoriented. “I’m on the ground…”

“What happened?” asked the hypnotist.

The guy shook his head. I finally recognized from the oscillation of his locks, and the slow de-fogging of my own mind, that it was that guy Kyle. “Fell down…” he muttered, sounding not entirely sure.

“Grab a seat, man,” said the hypnotist. “Except when you do, you’re gonna forget how to sit.”

The last of the guys were plunking down in their chairs, and Kyle made his way to one of the few empty seats, at the other end of the row. Arriving in front of it, he got a perplexed look on his face and began cocking his head, scrutinizing the chair from a number of angles, as though trying to figure it out.

“I don’t know what is with you guys, I guess I just cannot get anyone hypnotized tonight,” said the hypnotist, sounding frustrated.

“Except these two here,” he added, gesturing toward a couple forms toward the front of the stage. Blinking and looking further forward, I noticed this tattooed guy with a Mohawk standing toward the front of the stage near me. He was doubled over in a strange position, facing the audience, with a thin pair of black underwear pulled halfway down his legs so, I assumed, his butt must have been sticking out. Weirdly, his upper half was slumped forward, head down and arms dangling toward the floor.

Finally glancing toward the other side of the stage, I noticed my friend Hector in a similarly weird position. His knees were both folded and he was sitting on them, though it was hard to tell as he seemed to have a pink dress draped over them. His fists were both balled up and shoved under his armpits, and his head was bowed, like Ant’s, as though he were asleep. I wondered what on earth was going on.

“Kyle, what’s the problem?” I heard the hypnotist say across the stage.

“I forgot how to sit…” he muttered, like it was an inconvenience but not that unusual. The audience tittered.

“Can you maybe get one of your neighbors to help?” asked the hypnotist.

“Dude, what’s wrong with this chair?” Kyle said, looking at Arpit, who was sitting next to it. Kyle scratched the back of his head and stared down at the chair, like it was broken or something.

“I think you’re not wearing any clothes…” Arpit muttered, shielding his face awkwardly. The audience erupted in giggles.

“Dude, what are you talking about? This chair’s fucking broke…” Kyle muttered, grabbing it by the back and sliding it around as though that would help.

“Maybe if you try reasoning with it…” suggested the hypnotist.

“Look asshole, let me sit!” Kyle yelled at the chair, escalating things quickly. The audience was laughing, and so were a few of the other guys onstage, including Ryan, sitting next to him now too.

“Maybe it doesn’t speak English. See if anyone speaks another language,” the hypnotist hopped in again.

“Dude, can you try talking to it? Do you speak Indian?” Kyle asked Arpit.

“Can you please just put on some pants?” Arpit replied in frustration, turning away completely this time. Sitting where he was, Kyle’s junk was dangerously level with Arpit’s line of vision.

“I’M WEARING FUCKING CLOTHES!” Kyle exploded in exasperation.

“Sleeeep…” cooed the hypnotist, resting a hand on Arpit’s shoulder and sending him collapsing into himself, doubled over into his own lap. “Sorry about that,” he added.

“What the fuck is his problem?” asked Kyle, irritated.

“Wanna get back at him?” replied the hypnotist mischievously.

“Right now I just want him to help me sit down.”

“Arpit, at the count of three, when I snap my fingers,” said the hypnotist, laying a hand on the small of Arpit’s bare, tan back, “the guy you were just talking to, Kyle—everything that comes out of his mouth is going to sound like the best idea in the world. Kyle’s your new best friend, and no matter what you think of what he says, or even what he’s wearing, you’re gonna be more than happy to go along, ’cause Kyle is the absolute shit. Nod your head if you understand.” Arpit nodded gently. I couldn’t believe this. He seemed completely passed out but he nodded like he’d heard everything the guy had said.

“At the count of three wide awake… One, two—three,” the hypnotist snapped.

Arpit raised his head, blinking. The moment he saw Kyle, he suddenly burst into a broad grin. “Hey, man!” he said enthusiastically.

“Shit, finally,” muttered Kyle. “Can you tell this chair in Indian to let me sit down?”

Arpit turned and said something to the chair that I had no hope of understanding. Kyle just stood there. Nothing happened.

“Can you try now?” asked the hypnotist.

Kyle kept staring at the chair. “Shit, man, I still don’t…” he trailed off, frustrated.

“Tell you what: I think maybe Arpit’s chair will work better for you. You can actually remember how to sit down once you get in Arpit’s chair.”

“Hey, dude, let me have your chair,” said Kyle. Arpit hopped up eagerly, stepping aside. For some reason Ryan found this enormously funny.

Proceeding cautiously, Kyle turned and slowly lowered his naked butt into the seat. Gently sitting down, he burst into a broad grin when he finally made contact.

“Way to go, man!” said the hypnotist.

“Thanks, that was weird…” Kyle laughed, shaking his head.

“Unfortunately, Arpit, that open chair makes no sense to you now…” said the hypnotist, snapping his fingers. Arpit looked down at the seat next to Kyle and his face scrunched up in defuddlement, like he had just seen the most complicated instrument known to man.

Ryan burst out laughing again. “Dude, this guy is fucked up!” he grinned, acting like a total ass.

“You think Arpit is hypnotized?” asked the hypnotist, holding out his mic.

“Shit, you get a guy to call himself Armpit, he’s definitely gotta be hypnotized,” laughed Ryan.

“You know, you’re probably right…,” said the hypnotist. “Sleep,” he added, pressing a couple fingers to Ryan’s temple and slowly lowering his head down into his chest.

“Ryan, the next time I snap my fingers and say ‘wide awake,’” the hypnotist continued, “you’re going to return to consciousness fully and firmly convinced that your name is ‘Armpit.’ Nothing will strike you as strange about this. In fact, you’ll be very proud of it, and get quite angry if anyone suggests you’re named otherwise. Nod your head if you understand.” Ryan nodded. I couldn’t believe it. This didn’t seem like the type of thing Ryan would play along with—he was way too proud. I was starting to get worried he might actually be hypnotized too.

“One, two, three, wide awake,” said the hypnotist, snapping his fingers sharply next to Ryan’s temple. Ryan raised his head up, blinking, as though waking from a nap.

“How’s it going, man?” asked the hypnotist.

“Good… fine…” muttered Ryan, sounding disoriented.

“I’m so sorry, man, there’s so many people up here… I’m blanking on your name again,” prompted the hypnotist, holding his mic out.

Without missing a beat, Ryan responded, “Armpit,” as though it were the most natural thing in the world.

The audience tittered. “Seriously, man? That’s your name?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong with it?” asked Ryan, getting defensive. This was the Ryan I knew—constantly looking for a challenge to win. I couldn’t believe he was fighting for the right to be called Armpit.

“I don’t know, it’s just kinda gross…,” muttered the hypnotist.

“Fuck off, man, that’s my name,” said Ryan, getting pissed. This was impressive to watch. I couldn’t believe this shit seemed to be working…

“What do you think about the name of our friend Arpit here?” the hypnotist asked.

“I think this dude’s trying to jack my name,” said Ryan, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked ridiculous trying to appear tough while sitting there bare-ass naked—though not as ridiculous as he would have if everyone around him hadn’t been dressed the same.

“Is that true, man, you trying to steal his name?” asked the hypnotist.

“Uh, I think you know what happened,” said Arpit, chuckling.

“Pretty neat, huh?” asked the hypnotist. Ryan looked back and forth between the two of them, bewildered.

“Tell you what, since you seem to be having seating problems at the moment… want me to show you something?” asked the hypnotist. Arpit shrugged, looking game.

“Hold out your finger like this,” said the hypnotist, holding up his index finger like he was getting ready to point. Arpit followed suit.

“Now, hypnotized subjects respond to authority, so all your have to do is project confidence, tap their forehead, and say, ‘Sleep.’ Got it?” Arpit nodded.

“Why don’t you try Jake out over there, he’s really good,” said the hypnotist, pointing past Arpit to the little blond guy next to Ryan. Arpit shrugged, turned and walked over to Jake, who was looking as spaced out as always. If there was anyone up here I did believe this was working on, it was him—he looked zonked from moment one.

“Just tap him on the forehead?” Arpit asked, holding his finger up in front of Jake. Jake just blearily looked back and forth between Arpit and the hypnotist, passive, as though he were watching a particularly dull sporting match on TV. He didn’t seem in any way cognizant that their conversation would determine his fate of consciousness.

“Yeah man. Remember, just be authoritative.”

“…sleep,” said Arpit carefully, reaching forward and poking the young guy in the forehead. As predicted, his eyes immediately rolled up and he slumped backward, collapsing like a pile of rags onto Ryan’s shoulder, before Ryan pushed him away in disgust.

“Very good! See, it’s that easy… Here, try it out on Kyle,” said the hypnotist, gesturing to his side at what had once been Arpit’s old seat.

“Hey, man, I don’t wanna be hypnotized!” protested Kyle. Arpit crossed the stage toward him, finger still held out like an object of curiosity.

“Seriously, man, no!” Kyle protested.

Arpit stopped and looked curiously at the hypnotist. “Go ahead,” the hypnotist encouraged.

“He doesn’t want to. I can’t do that to my friend.”

The hypnotist burst out laughing. “Holy shit, I already forgot about that. Fuck, this guy is good!” he exclaimed. “That’s the problem when you make some of this shit up on the fly—even I forget,” he added to the audience. Arpit still looked around curiously.

“Seriously, man, you wanna hypnotize someone so bad, hypnotize your-fuckin’—self,” said Kyle. Arpit stared at his finger for a second, turned it around, and poked himself in the forehead. Eyes rolling up, he immediately crumpled to the stage in a heap.

The hypnotist doubled over in hysterics. “Hooooly shit, man! You win! Give it up for this guy,” he said, grabbing Kyle’s hand and pulling him from his chair. The audience burst into applause.

“Oh man, there goes my revenge on Ryan,” he added. “Maybe we’ll get to it later. Tell you what,” he said, turning back to Kyle. “Since you’re clearly the master hypnotist, you wanna give it a shot? Anyone up here can do it. Just say ‘Sleep’ and tap your finger.”

Kyle looked around self-consciously. “You sure these guys are all hypnotized?” he asked.

“Why don’t you find out?”

Walking to the next guy in the row, Parker, Kyle reached out, awkwardly mumbled, “Um, sleep,” and tapped him on the center of the forehead. Parker stared at him for a second, seemingly not certain if he was supposed to comply, but with his next blink his eyes started to flutter closed and within a second he collapsed into his lap, as deep asleep as Arpit and Jake.

“Not bad. Just remember to be more authoritative,” coached the hypnotist. “Give another one a try.”

Moving down the line, Kyle repeated the process with Paul, saying more forcefully, “Sleep!” and tapping him on the forehead. Showing none of the hesitation of his friend, Paul immediately swooned to the side, collapsing into rest on Parker’s naked shoulder.

Kyle burst into a grin, clearly self-impressed.

“Not bad, man. You wanna keep going?” the hypnotist asked. Shrugging cockily, Kyle turned back toward Len, the last guy in the row, and extended a finger.

“Sleep!” said Len forcefully, reaching up and tapping Kyle on the forehead first, causing him to sprawl forward in a heap of naked flesh directly into Len’s lap. Reacting quickly, Len pushed Kyle away, sending him rolling to the floor.

The hypnotist burst out laughing again and the audience burst into applause. “Holy fuck! These guys are sharp!” he exclaimed. “Stand up, dude. How’d you do that?”

“You said anyone can do it, you just have to be forceful,” stated Len, eliciting some applause.

“That’s great, man, it’s the truth,” said the hypnotist, adding, “Though some of us are better than others.” The audience chuckled. Len held up a finger and poked it playfully at the hypnotist’s forehead. “Don’t press your luck,” he said gravely.

“All right, tell you what—since you’re such a fast study, why don’t we teach you how to give commands?” the hypnotist continued. Len shrugged in agreement.

“It’s simple,” said the hypnotist, striding to the other end of the stage—my end—where most of us were still awake. “All you do is just remain authoritative. Send a guy to sleep, then tell him what you want him to do. Simple as that.

“Sleep, Ryan,” he said, turning quickly and tapping Ryan square in the center of the forehead. Ryan collapsed forward, arms on his thighs, head hanging down, breathing deeply. “Or, I’m sorry, Armpit,” the hypnotist added with a smile. He placed a hand on Ryan’s bare shoulder, which shifted ever so slightly with his gentle breathing.

“Armpit, next time I count to three you’re going to be wide awake… From now on, anytime someone shakes your hand, you’re going to stand up out of your seat and moo like a cow. This will stop the instant they let go—you’ll come to your senses and wonder what the hell you were doing—but anytime someone shakes your hand, you stand up out of your chair and moo like a cow. Nod your head if you understand.” Ryan nodded.

“At the count of three, wide awake. One, two, three,” finished the hypnotist, snapping next to Ryan’s ear. Just like before, Ryan raised his head up, blinking, looking a bit bewildered but otherwise none the worse for wear.

“How you doin’, man? Glad to have you up here. My name’s Devin,” said the hypnotist, extending a hand.

“Armpit,” Ryan replied dully, taking the hypnotist’s hand. Immediately, he rose from his seat, yelling, “MOOOOO!” at the top of his lungs. After a few seconds, the hypnotist wrenched his hand out of Ryan’s grip, and Ryan looked around in shock, apparently clueless as to why he’d just been doing what he was doing. He plunked back down in his seat and tried to look down so nobody would see him—one of the only times I’d ever seen him do that.

“See, man? Super easy. Why don’t you give it a try?” asked the hypnotist, turning back to Len.

Len took a few steps, hesitantly, closer to Ryan.

“What’s he doing?” Ryan asked the hypnotist.

“Sleep,” said Len, profiting on Ryan’s brief moment of distraction to poke him on the forehead. It worked. Ryan swooned backward, his naked body collapsing onto Jake’s empty chair.

“Very good. Now give him a command,” urged the hypnotist.

Len took another step or two closer and laid a finger gently on Ryan’s shoulder. “Um… when you wake up…” He pulled his finger away. “I don’t know, what should I do?” he chuckled nervously.

“I don’t know, man, whatever your heart desires. This guy’s kind of an asshole, right? You could make him do anything.” Inwardly, I bristled at him calling my friend an asshole, though another part of me couldn’t help agreeing it was true.

“Um… When you…” he started, laying a finger on Ryan’s shoulder again. I wanted to leap up, tell the two of them to stop fucking around with my friend’s brain and just let us out of here. But for some reason I just kept watching, a captive audience.

“I’m still not sure,” said Len, laughing and shaking his head again.

“It’s weird, right? Most people never think about having that much power. Here, tell you what…” said the hypnotist, squeezing through a space between a couple chairs and grabbing a black bag off the floor behind the row of seats. “Why don’t you tell him this is an ice cream cone?” he asked, reaching into the bag and pulling out a big, floppy dildo. The audience tittered. For some reason, I had the strangest feeling I had seen this before, but I couldn’t place where…

“I don’t know, that’s gross,” said Len. “I don’t want to make him do anything disgusting.”

“That’s very noble of you,” nodded the hypnotist. “Sleeeeep, Len. Don’t fall,” he said, tapping the guy on the forehead. Dutifully, Len’s head dropped down against his chest, his (nude) body remaining erect and immobile.

“What’s with these fuckin’ boy scouts?” said the hypnotist, turning to the audience. There erupted a small chorus of cheers and boos.

“Len, hold out your hand, remaining deep asleep,” said the hypnotist, resting a palm on Len’s shoulder. Len dutifully complied, left hand extending slightly as the rest of his body remained in that strange standing/sleeping position.

Of course, the hypnotist immediately reached out and slotted the dildo into Len’s palm. The audience cheered as Lens’ fingers wrapped around it lazily, like he was half asleep.

“Very good, Len. Now, remaining deep asleep, you’re just gonna stand here and enjoy this delicious popsicle I’ve placed in your hand. Remember, you really love the flavor, so it’s best if you stick the whole thing in your mouth, just like this…” the hypnotist guided Len’s hand—and the dildo—up toward his mouth, roughly slipping the phallus in so Len’s lips wrapped all the way around it. “Thaaaat’s good, there you go…” he cooed, as Len’s lips formed a firmer seal around the object, beginning to slide up and down slightly as his tongue began to flit from the corners of his mouth. “Excellent. You’ll just stand here and relax and enjoy this nice lollipop…” said the hypnotist, patting Len’s shoulder and stepping away. The audience tittered and there were scattered applause as Len dutifully stood there, lapping away at the floppy sex toy.

“Now let’s see if we can’t find somebody with more edge…” he said, striding over to Ant, who—I somehow forgot—was still standing there frozen with his underwear pulled down, ass to the audience.

“Ant,” said the hypnotist forcefully, laying a hand on this guy’s bare shoulder, “In just a moment, I’m going to snap my fingers and you’ll be wide awake, with no memory of what you’ve been doing. You’ll still believe you’re dressed totally normally, but you will realize how you’ve been standing all this time, and you’ll wonder what on earth is going on. Nod your head if you understand.” Ant nodded. “Very good. At the count of three, eyes open… One, two, three…”

He snapped. Ant’s head popped up, and he spastically looked back behind himself, as though there were a monster or something. Jerkily, he yanked his underwear back up and rose to a standing position, glancing around wildly, as though he’d been caught completely unaware. That explained why so many of the guys up here seemed to be naked—it must have been some weird part of the hypnosis act. Looking down, I was thankful I seemed to be the only one who still had clothes on—testament to the fact I must not be hypnotized, which was the way I intended to keep things.

“What the fuck’s going on?” the hypnotist asked, extending his mic.

“I- I don’t- What…?” Ant sputtered.

“Come on, man, I bring you up here in front of all these people and you start waving your ass around?” the hypnotist continued, to laughter and whistles from the audience. Ant turned around and glanced at the crowd, face turning crimson. He struck me as the type of guy who didn’t get caught off-guard too frequently.

“Come on, I was just showing a few of these guys how to hypnotize,” said the hypnotist, switching to a less chiding tone. “You wanna try it?”

“I… uh… sure…” stammered Ant, apparently still trying to get his bearings and thankful, it seemed, to let anyone else take the spotlight off him for a minute.

“Just come up here with me, this is gonna be fun,” said the hypnotist, throwing a hand over Ant’s shoulder and leading him further back onstage.

“We can start with these two, who’ve both proven to be excellent subjects…,” said the hypnotist, indicating Jay and Sam, who both looked back and forth worriedly.

“Hey, man, I don’t think we’re really into this—” started one of them—I wasn’t sure which.

“So, as I was saying to Len and Kyle,” the hypnotist continued, completely ignoring him, “all you have to do is just hold out your finger like this,” he said, indicating his pointer finger, “tap someone on the forehead, and say with as much authority as you can, ‘Sleep.’ Take a look.”

“Dude, I don’t—” started the Jay or Sam that had protested, but the second the hypnotist’s finger made contact, the instant he uttered the word “Sleep,” the boy was out like a light, eyes rolling up in his head and body swooning sideways into his friend. A titter rippled through the crowd.

“See how easy that was? And Sam probably likes it, huh?” asked the hypnotist, grinning at what I now knew was Sam.

“No, I… Please don’t,” the kid blushed, attempting to protest.

“Knock him out, man, try it,” said the hypnotist, turning back to Ant.

“I… I don’t think…” he started, uncertainly.

“It’s not gonna hurt, just give it a go.”

“Um, sleep?” Ant asked, tapping Sam on the forehead with his finger. Sam’s eyes fluttered for an instant, as though he wasn’t sure whether to fight it, before they finally slid closed, his body slumping against the back of his chair, sending Jay sliding down into his lap, face resting right in Sam’s underwear-clad crotch. The audience giggled as the skinny party-boy obliviously relaxed into his friend’s ample basket.

“Not bad, man, but like I said, you gotta be more authoritative,” said the hypnotist. “Did you see how he kinda fought it for a second? That’s because you were uncertain. Let’s try again.” He patted Jay and Sam on the shoulder, snapping his fingers and saying, “Wide awake, wide awake…”

Both began to rouse instantly, Jay suddenly yanking his head away from Sam when he realized where he’d been resting. “Yuck!”

“Don’t worry about it, man. You see that spot on his underwear right there?” asked the hypnotist, pointing at Sam’s colorful crotch. Jay looked down. “Head like a magnet. Good night,” said the hypnotist, tapping him on the forehead again. Jay immediately toppled forward, face-planting into his friend’s thighs and then rolling down onto the floor in a heap of pale flesh.

“Ah, I thought we’d get a bull’s eye! You try.”

“I feel weird doing this. Why are they naked?” asked Ant, looking uncomfortable.

“Jesus, man, you have no sense of spectacle,” muttered the hypnotist. Ant suddenly bent forward, hooked his fingers in the waistband of his lacy black panties, pulled them down and froze, returning to the exact same position he’d started out in.

“You stay frozen like that,” said the hypnotist, patting Ant’s back.

“I guess that’s all he’s good for,” he added, rolling his eyes toward the audience.

“How ’bout you, Dylan?” he asked, turning to the bespectacled hipster just a chair or two over. “You have any problem with male nudity?”

“Uh, I guess not…” Dylan muttered, clearly thrown by the question.

“You wanna see if you’ve got what it takes to hypnotize?”

“Uh, sure…” he said.

“Stand up, man, come with me,” motioned the hypnotist. “You remember the rules?” Dylan nodded.

“Great, let’s try someone easy. Jake, wide awake at the count of one, two, three,” he said, stooping and snapping next to the ear of the sleeping boy. Jake slowly pushed himself off the ground, blinking as though coming out of a long sleep.

“Go for it, man,” encouraged the hypnotist.

Dylan stared at his finger for a second. “Uh, sleep,” he said, reaching down and tapping Jake on the forehead. True to form, Jake immediately crumpled back to the floor.

“Very good!” exclaimed the hypnotist. “And after that’s the time you get to have fun with them…”

He stooped down, laying a hand on the prone boy’s shoulder. “Jake. In just a moment, I’m going to snap my fingers and say ‘Wide awake.’ When I do, you will believe—be totally and completely convinced—that you are a playful little puppy. You’ll want to romp all over to the left side of the stage, picking up shoes and clothes to play with, and just have a gay old time. Nod your head if you understand.” Jake nodded. “Good. One, two, three…”

He snapped. Jake picked his head up and blinked again, then quickly crawled up onto his hands and knees, scampering across the stage and over to the nearest discarded pair of underwear. Picking it up in his teeth, he shook his head violently, then tossed it up in the air and caught it in his mouth again, giving it a lengthy chew. The audience laughed and applauded, eating it up. My stomach turned a cartwheel—I couldn’t imagine anything more humiliating than being made to do that.

“Come over here and give it a try,” said the hypnotist, walking back to Sam.

“Dude, please, just wake up Jay—” started Sam.

“He doesn’t seem like he wants—” continued Dylan, trying to intercede. The hypnotist simply tapped Sam’s forehead and made a little click, sending him toppling sideways onto the seats next to him.

“Now he does,” said the hypnotist, to some scattered giggles from the crowd.

“Go on, give him something to do. Unless you wanna join Len eating a lollipop,” the hypnotist continued ominously.

“Uh…” Dylan hesitated, glancing over at Len, who was still standing, eyes closed, sucking contentedly on his dildo. Dylan’s hand hovered over Sam’s shoulder.

“This shouldn’t be hard… Cute gay guy, bi guy, totally under your control…” said the hypnotist enticingly.

“Um, when you wake up…” said Dylan nervously, laying a few fingers on Sam’s shoulder, “You’re gonna… uh… think that… the hypnotist… looks like... a monkey…” Dylan babbled, shaking his head immediately after he finished, realizing it sounded stupid.

“All right, that’s a new one…” muttered the hypnotist playfully. “But, it does work. Sam, at the count of three, wide awake and following Dylan’s command. One… two… three,” he snapped, voice changing into its normal, more authoritarian tone.

Sam pushed himself up out of his seat, shaking his head. Looking forward, he suddenly burst out into a groggy grin, blinking another time or two in disbelief. “What the fuck?” he muttered.

“Something funny?” asked the hypnotist.

“Why is this guy a monkey?” asked Sam, smiling in disbelief.

“I don’t know, man. Why am I a monkey?” the hypnotist asked, turning to Dylan.

Dylan shook his head and smiled. “I don’t know…”

“Sleep, Sam…” the hypnotist said, tapping Sam on the forehead and sending him folding into his lap.

“That’s not bad for a first time, man. Why don’t you give one of these guys a try?” he asked, sliding over in front of Josh and me.

Oh, shit! “Hey, man, I—” I started.

“Sleep,” said Dylan, and I felt his finger brush my forehead. The last thing I remember is that for some reason, his voice sounded a lot more authoritative than before.

* * *

Despite all the urban legends, I could still hear everything while I was “under.” In fact, every time I went under, I remembered everything the hypnotist had said and done so far. For some reason, it was just like when I came out of it, my memory was wiped, like I had no idea what had been happening, or maybe was only focusing on the instant and wasn’t really thinking about the past. Instead, I just thought I had been awake the whole time, even though seconds earlier I could have told you every strange command the hypnotist had said, even as I inwardly (and sometimes even outwardly) smirked at it.

The same was true now, even as I found myself resting comfortably forward, head in my lap and arms dangling loosely between my legs. I could hear their voices echoing around me, but it sounded hollow and far away, distant, something barely worth noticing, much less acting upon.

“All right, man, now’s your time to shine,” said the hypnotist.

“Dude, can you please wake up my friend? We wanna get out of here,” I heard an irrelevant voice mutter, far away. For some reason, it sounded vaguely familiar, though at the moment it seemed a waste of energy to try and place it. I was more than happy to just relax at the moment. I felt so calm and at peace.

“Don’t worry, man, your turn’s coming,” assured the hypnotist, which I didn’t fully understand but didn’t bother worrying about.

I felt a hand gently touch my (bare?) shoulder. It felt good. I knew I wanted to listen to whatever it had to say.

“When I count to three, uh… You’re gonna think your favorite thing to do is… Uh… sniff other guys’ crotches. You’ll try to hide it, but you won’t be able to resist.”

I thought I heard some laughter far off in the distance. I smiled. Jesus that sounded gross. There was no way in hell I was doing that.

“Great. Now tell him he’ll wake at the count of three.”

“Um, at the count of three, you’ll be back awake,” continued the hand. That sounded more realistic. I could see myself doing that.

“One, two, three…” Snap.

I rose up in my seat, blinking my eyes and taking a breath.

“How’s it goin’, Mike?” asked the hypnotist.

“Fine…” I muttered, staring up at him confusedly and blinking a little more. I wondered why he was asking me. I’d just been sitting here.

“Awesome, just checking in. But I want to talk to Dylan about what it’s like being a hypnotist. Dylan, can you just move around so you’re standing on the other side of Mike?” asked the hypnotist, motioning so Dylan moved from in front of my chair to stand more between me and Josh.

“That was a really good suggestion, man. Where did that come from?” asked the hypnotist, leaning closer to reach his microphone over me to Dylan.

“I don’t know… I guess maybe the dog thing?” Dylan responded hesitantly. I cringed a little, noting how close the hypnotist was pressing his body into me. I was almost eye-level with his crotch, which I obviously had no interest in. Though… I couldn’t help but notice it had a weirdly intoxicating aroma that seemed to be wafting off of it. It was something I primarily associated with women—that faint, pleasant, musky odor that sometimes came with eating pussy, but for some reason, this hypnotist guy had it, bad. And the more I thought about it, the more I kinda liked how that smell made me feel…

“That’s awesome, man. One guy left. Do you think you can knock this one outta the park, too? If you do, I’m officially crowning you King of Hypnosis for the evening.”

The hypnotist was still pressing himself into me, which was annoying, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought I could probably sneak a quick whiff of his jeans, try to get a little better sense of that aroma. Everyone was paying attention to Dylan now, so it wouldn’t really be noticeable…

“Uh, yeah, I’ll do my best…” Dylan muttered. I tried to casually turn to the left, “incidentally” bringing my nose over to the hypnotist’s crotch and drawing in a quick breath. Fuck. Yeah. That smell. I loved that smell.

“That’s good, man,” said the hypnotist. “You saw what I did with Jake, so don’t fuck it up.”

The audience laughed. I took that chance to quickly press my nose right up next to the hypnotist’s pants, drawing in a deeper breath this time. Oh yeah. I was fucking addicted.

“Wait… I’m not hypnotized, though,” said Dylan, presumably furrowing his brow. Inside I wanted to laugh. I had a feeling the guy was mistaken.

“Oh, that’s right, I’m sorry,” said the hypnotist.

At that point, the hypnotist took a step back, and I turned my head forward, figuring no one had probably noticed me. In the background, the audience was giggling for some reason.

“Dylan,” the hypnotist continued, “Before we get going again, what’s it like to have a guy’s brain totally in your power? You can do anything you want with them…,” the hypnotist continued, blathering on. Why did he leave? I was starting to really get into that smell and I liked having it around. I casually turned the other way, noticing with a bit of a shock that I was eye-level with Dylan’s cock, a foot or so away from me. Gross. The last thing I wanted was a cock in my face. But I started to wonder if he might not have that same smell. I was really beginning to crave it…

“…feel like having a bunch of sexy puppets totally in your control?” the hypnotist concluded.

“Well…” Dylan started as I sneaked my nose toward his crotch. He laughed and jumped back a bit, startled, as the audience cackled again. “It’s weird,” he concluded, blushing. I turned back again. Probably no one was the wiser.

“All right, why don’t we spend a little time with Josh?” the hypnotist asked, striding past me again. Fuck. Why was he leaving? I wanted that smell.

“Dude, leave me out of this,” Josh protested. Part of me felt like I should have been joining him, but all of a sudden, I was more concerned with trying to sniff another quick whiff of someone’s junk.

“Dylan, you know what to do.”

Dylan held out his finger at Josh, who instinctively pulled back. Impishly, Dylan jabbed his finger forward, nicking Josh on the forehead and sending him collapsing to sleep over the back of his chair. His torso sagged and his pelvis slid forward, spreading his legs open wide, almost enticing me… No. There was no way I was gonna sniff my naked friend’s crotch… Obviously, right?

“Do your stuff,” the hypnotist gestured.

Dylan laid a hand on Josh’s shoulder. “Josh, when you wake up, you’re gonna... uh... think… you’re a disco dancer.”

The hypnotist gave Dylan a look.

“I don’t know! I can’t think of that many ideas…”

I wondered if maybe I pretended there was something on the ground, I could lean over and just get into the general vicinity of Josh’s dick and see if there was any smell… It wouldn’t be like sniffing my friend’s dick. Just like... seeing if there was any kind of odor he needed to be aware of. I started leaning forward, trying to casually twist my head to the side and point it in the direction of Josh’s crotch…

“All right, go for it.”

“Wide awake on the count of three,” continued Dylan. “One… two…”

I lunged to the side and quickly passed my face over Josh’s naked pelvis, huffing a quick breath and hoping no one would see. For some reason, the audience burst into hysterics, and even Dylan leapt back a step with an awkward chuckle. As I sat back up, I wondered what they were laughing at. I really hoped it wasn’t me. I was pretty sure I’d been subtle.

“Go on...,” said the hypnotist warmly.

“Uh… three,” Dylan concluded, snapping. Immediately Josh’s eyes opened and he rose up out of his seat, clapping his hands and starting to sway his hips and torso like a dancer in a ’70s disco club (a naked disco club, apparently...). A small round of applause spread through the audience and Dylan blushed as Josh continued dancing obliviously, stepping forward in silence and doing a couple of those awkward “Stayin’ Alive” finger jabs.

“Very nice, man, you’re a natural!” exclaimed the hypnotist.

Dylan grinned and blushed again.

“You think you could dance like that?” he continued.

Dylan smiled bashfully and shook his head. Stepping forward, the hypnotist snapped in his ear and caught Dylan’s body as it fell forward into him, his head slumping limply onto the hypnotist’s shoulder.

“Let’s find out,” said the hypnotist, to the audience’s amusement.

“Dylan, when I snap my fingers, you’re in a dance-off with Josh—and you’ve got way better moves than he does. You’ll be so happy to show everyone in the crowd at the count of one… two… three.” Snap.

Dylan’s eyes popped open and he immediately pulled himself off the hypnotist and began grooving and gyrating too, casting a glance at the oblivious Josh to scope out his competition. Dylan’s dance was pretty hilarious—or would have been if I hadn’t been so weirded out by the fact he was naked. It involved a lot of shoulder and elbow moves with his arms, which he kept crooked in front of him.

“How about that, Mike?” asked the hypnotist. I looked up at him kinda cluelessly. Honestly more than anything I just wanted to get a little more of his crotch smell, which was an impulse I found myself devoting an increasingly amount of mental energy to.

“I think you’re the only one left awake…who’s not dancing,” he said, and I looked around. He seemed to be right. “Wanna try?”

“Dancing?” I asked blankly.

“Hypnotizing,” he said.

I shrugged, and he motioned for me to climb out of my chair.

“All right, since I guess they’re all asleep, you get open choice. Just pick your favorite, put a hand on his shoulder, and you’re off to the races,” he said.

I looked around the stage. I had never really thought of hypnotizing anyone before. I could understand why the other guys were weirded out by it—I just wasn’t quite sure what to do with random control over a complete stranger. It was awkward to admit, but I really just wanted everyone to stay asleep so I could sniff their crotches. I hoped someone else up here smelled as good as Dylan...

“Can I have a minute to think about it?” I asked. I needed to buy some time so I could check out a few of these guys’ smell. Maybe if one of them smelled particularly good, I could get him to sit next to me for the rest of the show.

“No problem, man,” said the hypnotist. “I’ll just play with somebody else in the meantime...”

“Cool,” I said. I started slowly walking down the row of guys, surveying everyone still seated while ducking around those collapsed on the floor. In front of me sat Jay or Sam, folded over in his own lap, with his friend crumpled in a heap beneath him on the floor. I wondered why I hadn’t tried sniffing Sam before. He had been right next to me after all. I approached and squatted to get a better look.

“You thinking of hypnotizing Sam?” asked the hypnotist, startling me.

“I don’t know, give me a minute!” I said irritably. There was a giggle from the audience—I couldn’t imagine why.

“All right, all right... I’ll just play with Ant...” the hypnotist muttered, sauntering away. Perfect. This would be a great opportunity to get a sniff of the guy sitting next to me...

I squatted down and, pretending I was looking up at Sam’s face to see what his eyes were doing, I quickly ducked and pressed my nose into the warm pouch of his crotch, inhaling the soft musk I craved. It smelled pretty good, half like soap and half like sweat, and I sighed contentedly before realizing I ought to pull my head away to keep up appearances. With a great deal of willpower, I extricated myself, squatting further to look at the other one—Jay, I think.

“Ant, as I tap you on the shoulder I want you to stand and pull your pants up, returning to consciousness at the count of one... two... three...” I heard the hypnotist droning behind me. Good! He was occupied. Availing myself of the opportunity, I dropped to my hands and knees and stuck my face between Jay’s legs to sniff his package. It was a little difficult, as he was laying on his side, facing the back of the stage and with his upper leg curled over his lower, but I managed to dig my face in there and get a good whiff. He was a little muskier than his friend, something I liked. I would keep that in mind...

“What the fuck is going on...?” I heard Ant say behind me.

“These guys are hypnotized. It worked,” said the hypnotist, gesturing to Dylan, Josh and Jake, the first two still dancing up a storm and the last, still in puppy mode, rolling around in a pile of old clothes toward the corner of the stage. I stood back up and started down the way closer to Jake, as the next bunch of chairs was empty...

“Fuck, man, that’s crazy. Glad it didn’t work on me...” said Ant, sounding a little out of it.

I continued down the stage. Ryan was the next guy I saw, naked and sprawled across a couple seats, looking like he was peacefully resting off a bender. I knew I really didn’t want to fuck with Ryan—he was my friend, after all, and making him do something embarrassing in public while he was out of it was the last thing on my wish list. That said, I couldn’t resist taking the opportunity to see how he smelled. Particularly given we often hung out together, it occurred to me I might have more opportunities to sneak a whiff if he smelled good, particularly if all four of us were gonna be sleeping in the same room. Casting a glance behind me at Ant and the hypnotist, who were still embroiled in conversation, I squatted down and moved closer to Ryan’s waist. At this point it hit me that I was basically pressing my face up to my naked friend’s dick, but by then it was too late—the craving was too strong, and I had to know how he smelled...

“Hell yeah,” said the hypnotist behind me, still speaking to Ant. “You can really get people to do some embarrassing stuff when they’re under. Tell me, which one do you think is the most degrading?”

“Uh, I don’t know. What are those guys doing?”

I rose back up. Ryan’s crotch didn’t have as much aroma as I’d hoped, so I turned around to sample the guy standing nearby, Len. He still had his eyes closed, and was just standing where the hypnotist had left him, running his lips all over the head of an enormous, floppy dildo that by now was slick with spit.

“They think they’re disco dancers!” the hypnotist said with a conspiratorial grin. I cast another glance back and saw Ant scoff in disbelief as I knelt and shoved my face into Len’s crotch. I was so glad the hypnotist was tied up like this—it was giving me a great opportunity to secretly indulge my fetish.

“What’s that guy doing?” I heard Ant ask in the distance. Pressing my face into the pubes next to Len’s cock, I drew in another breath and savored the aroma. It was soft and floral, like bath soap. I could have smelled it all day...

“Oh, him?” asked the hypnotist.

I couldn’t make out the rest of whatever he said—it seemed like he was whispering—but when he finished, I heard Ant moan “Aww, grooooss...” and the audience burst into laughter. I hopped back up and continued along. There were still a lot of crotches to smell...

The hypnotist burst into a chuckle. “That’s fuckin’ nasty, right? You’d never do that in a million years, would you?” I glanced over and saw Ant shake his head. “Sleep,” said the hypnotist, tapping him on the temple. Ant’s head dropped instantly, his body remaining upright—I presumed from all the practice he had had so far. I still couldn’t believe how powerful this hypnosis stuff seemed to be. I hoped I didn’t fall under... It seemed like this guy could make you do just about anything without realizing it.

“Ant at the count of three,” started the hypnotist, eliciting more rolling laughter from the audience. I continued down the row, glad I was out of the hot seat...

“At the count of three,” the hypnotist repeated, “you’re going to wake up and do exactly what I just described to you. That’s your new fetish too, and you find it completely irresistible. Eyes opening on one... two... three.” He snapped.

I noticed Parker and Paul were next in line. Parker was folded in his lap like Sam, while Paul was sprawled out on top of him, resting on his back like it was a warm, tan pillow. I didn’t see what happened with Ant, but the audience started laughing hysterically, so I crawled in the space between the two guys and stuffed my nose into first Paul and then Parker’s crotches. Both of them smelled pretty ripe—that musky scent I was looking for. I wondered if the fact their crotches were more enclosed was helping to hold in the smell.

“You about done there, Mike?” the hypnotist asked from behind, and I yanked my head up away from the guys.

“Yeah! Just checking to see how asleep they are!” I blurted, hoping I had covered well enough for almost being caught. The audience burst out laughing, and I turned around to see what Ant was doing. For some reason, he had crawled behind Jay on the ground and was shoving his face between his legs, taking deep, satisfied breaths like a guy huffing paint thinner. I figured that had to be the cause of the commotion.

“Okay, I’ll just keep fooling around with these two,” said the hypnotist, and I breathed an inner sigh of relief. Good! Should be enough time to explore the rest of the guys... I turned around again, seeing as Parker and Paul were the last guys in the row of chairs, and noticed Arpit sprawled out on the stage behind me. Crawling over, I made a brief show of pretending to look at his face, studying for signs of hypnotizability (what would that look like...?).

“...remain standing and sleep,” I heard to the side, glancing up to see both Dylan and Josh, the hypnotist’s hands on each of their shoulders, freeze in their tracks, heads dropping into their chests as they came to a rest. Noting that the hypnotist was again occupied, I took the opportunity to bury my face directly in Arpit’s crotch, sniffing the thick brown thatch around his cock. It smelled musky and nice. His was one of the best so far...

I was brought out of my reverie by more laughter and applause from the audience. I looked up. This time I knew it wasn’t me. At the front of the stage, Dylan and Josh had their arms all over each other, each pulling the other close in a passionate embrace as they French kissed deeply under the hot stage lights. For some reason, the sight of these two naked guys making out seemed to be driving the crowd wild, and there were applause and yells throughout the darkness, which only seemed to impel Josh and Dylan to kiss deeper and with more passion.

“What the fuck, man?!” I said, angrily rising to my feet. All this bullshit dancing was one thing, but this was crossing a line. Josh was straight, and he had a girlfriend (at least, I thought—with Heather it was sometimes unclear...). Having him make out with a stranger—a dude, no less—while naked and in front of a roomful of people was a hard no.

“You ready to hypnotize someone, Mike?” asked the hypnotist.

“No man, this has gone too far, you need to make them stop.”

“Aw, but Mike, they look so cute,” said the hypnotist, stepping closer. “As a matter of fact, the only thing cuter I can think of would be...” he trailed off, stopping before me. I stared him dead in the eye. I was not backing down on this. He raised a finger, I presumed about to make a point. Instead, he just trapped me gently on the forehead.