The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Mona Lisa Smile

MC, EX, GR, MD, MF

When young, ambitious Lisa tries to climb to the top of the corporate ladder, Brad and his magic medallion may send her back to her Jersey roots instead. Can her best friend Clark stop her transformation, or will he just be a witness to it?

Chapter 1 — Monday Morning

Lisa Ricci stepped out of the elevator of the MetroCorp building and blinked as all the office’s lights turned on. She was usually the first one on the 7th floor to show up in the morning, so everything was dark until she walked in. She smiled a bit to herself as she made her way towards the break room. Coming in early was one of the many things Lisa prided herself on in her career. At only 25 she was one of the youngest managers at MetroCorp’s headquarters. And she had gotten there by coming in early, staying late, and making sacrifices outside of work to show she was ready to lead in the company.

Lisa made it to the break room, quickly catching a glimpse of herself in one of the glass panel walls. The young woman was the picture of professionalism, and little else. Lisa had never really been a beautiful woman. Even she considered herself fairly plain. Lisa was mid-height, about 5 feet and 6 inches tall, with pale skin that didn’t get enough sun as she worked inside. She had flat, chestnut brown hair that went down past her shoulders. That hair framed an angular face. Her hazel eyes were set far apart, her nose was prominent but not big, and her lips were thin and wide. She had little in the way of curves. Her chest was almost flat, her waist and hips straight up and down, and her butt just blended in. Her long, shapely legs from playing soccer were her best features. But they weren’t anymore visible than the rest of her under a purple pantsuit.

Lisa had been insecure about her looks as a teenager, especially given where she was from. The young woman had grown up on the Jersey Shore, famous for its guidos and guidettes. Its culture of loud, garish excess had always repelled Lisa and her family. Her parents had used the “Shore trash” to warn her about the consequences of failing in life, and it had sunk in. Lisa had gone to college on the West Coast, had trained away what accent she had, and had become the model of a professional woman. She wanted to be valued for her initiative and ideas. And she was proud of her looks as they were. She looked smart and professional.

And besides, curves would have been harder to fit comfortably into a suit.

Lisa slipped a Keurig cup into the office’s machine as she put her lunch away in the refrigerator. She waited quietly until her coffee cup filled and took it with her to her small. That light, as well, flipped on as she entered her spartan workspace. Lisa’s office was small—the office a junior manager would expect. The expanse of an executive office was confined to her imagination for the moment, though she hoped not for much longer. Because today she had come in early for a reason. She wasn’t just here to get more work done. She was here to prepare for what she hoped would be a defining moment of her career. Lisa’s department’s quarterly report was due on Friday, and the executive board would be physically present at the meeting. She’d already heard rumblings that she was being considered for a Junior Executive position, and Lisa thought a good performance for the Board could tip the scales. It was Monday morning now, and she’d have until Friday to make it perfect.

Lisa had just settled in and begun drilling into her spreadsheets and powerpoints when her door opened. She looked up and smiled as she saw Clark enter the room. Clark was wearing a button-down shirt and a pair of slacks—same as he did most days. He had a tote bag over her shoulder and a coffee from a local café in hand. He was a welcome sight to Lisa. He was her work husband, to hear her tell it. Clark and Lisa had started at the same time and hit it off at their orientation. Even though Clark worked two floors down, the two were constantly chatting on their workplace messenger and helping each other where they could. Their personalities meshed well. Both were serious, but not harsh. Committed to their work, but not boring. And despite his dull appearance, Clark had a flair for graphical design. The IT developer was about 6 feet tall, with short brown hair and a round face shrouded in a full, close-cropped beard. He had green eyes, a big nose, and full lips that poked out from under his whiskers. His work shirt and slacks hid his slightly overweight frame, and a bit of hair poked out from his chest. He adjusted his glasses as he took a seat across from Lisa and smiled.

“Morning, work hubs,” Lisa said with a chuckle.

“Morning, work wife,” he said back. “I guess it’s the big week. And I guess you’re going to need help putting together this presentation.”

“You know me way too well,” Lisa said, sighing. “I just have no eye for style. And you make such amazing stuff. But you know you don’t have to do that, right? Like…you don’t have to do this, Clark. You have your own job.”

“I don’t help you because I have to, Lisa,” he replied. “I do it because I want to.” Clark smiled. He wasn’t lying, but his reasons were a bit more complicated than just wanting to help. He’d harbored a secret crush on Lisa for most of the two years they’d known each other. She’d generally had boyfriends, so he hadn’t said anything. It would have been unprofessional, anyways. But some part of him hoped that by working with her, it would come up. And if not, he’d still have an amazing friend.

“If you insist,” Lisa said with a playful sigh. “Then we have four days to put everything together. How about we schedule working lunches each day. I’ll bring you what I’ve worked up, and you can help me make it look nice.” Lisa smiled. “And if it’s not too much trouble, we could get a conference room after hours and you could be my one-man audience for what I’ll say. Presentation matters at least as much as content in front of the board. They need executives to show leadership skills.”

“As if you’ll struggle with that,” Clark said. “You’re one of the most assertive people I’ve ever met, Lisa. There’s no way you won’t impress them.”

“But it’s not just me in a vacuum,” Lisa said with a sigh. “You know what we’re up against. Brad will be presenting, too. And you know how hard it is for any woman to be taken seriously when there’s some tall, smug douchebag in the room.”

Clark grimaced. He knew Lisa was right, and beyond that he knew exactly who she was talking about. Brad was another coworker who was part of their orientation. But he made an immediate bad impression. Brad was 6 feet and 5 inches tall, with slicked-back blonde hair and a goatee that rounded out a chiseled face. His piercing eyes and coy smile were attractive. Even Lisa couldn’t deny that. She also would admit that he looked absolutely cut when she saw him in a swimsuit at a company pool party. But looks were skin-deep, and Brad was rotten. Lisa hated how he treated her, like his junior coworker. She hated how he treated the secretaries. And she hated that nobody seemed to care enough to do anything about it. Brad had moved at the same pace Lisa had, and she was determined to overcome him this time. This board meeting would be her chance to finally show that substance could and would triumph over some shallow business school bro’s smug smiles and mediocre skills.

“I know, Lisa,” Clark said. “But I also believe you in. Maybe even more than you do. You’re going to be ready for this. While he’s off at the gym or barhopping or whatever it is guys like that do in their free time, you’re going to be focusing on success.” He smiled to his friend, and Lisa smiled back. “You wouldn’t be trying if you didn’t know, deep down, that you could do this.” He reached out his hand, and Lisa clasped it.

“Only because I have backup,” she said. “Thank you, Clark. And you know I won’t forget you when we succeed.” The two enjoyed that moment before breaking up. “Anyways,” Lisa said. “Pep talk is over. Let’s get started.” Clark listened attentively as Lisa began to lay out her plan for the biggest presentation of her life.

But contrary to their own beliefs, Lisa and Clark weren’t the only ones preparing for the presentation. Brad himself was getting ready, too. But he wasn’t reading over ledgers or creating presentations. He was standing outside of Lisa’s office, looking both ways to make sure she wasn’t coming. This would never work if she saw him planting the silver necklace he held in her office. The shopkeep who sold it to Brad told him that it would draw her in, but suspicion could give her the fortitude to resist it. Brad wasn’t one to believe in magic, but at worst he was out of 20 bucks. At best…he would change his life and Lisa’s forever. And her little pet Clark’s, too.

With one more look, he quietly slipped into Lisa’s office. He ignored his surroundings. He only needed a few seconds to place the necklace down on her desk and quickly leave. He was in and out before anyone could see him, shutting the door silently and heading around the corner away. He returned to his own office, shutting the door. He was going to avoid Lisa this morning. He usually got a good rise out of taunting her and Clark, but he didn’t want to give her any hint that something could be off. He would do his work quietly and wait until he bumped into her again to see if the necklace would do its work.

It was a bit longer before Lisa did return to her office. She carried a binder in her hands and wore a bright smile on her face. Her first practice session with Clark had gone well. She was feeling more and more confident she’d clinched the promotion. She closed her door behind her and sat down, only for a glint of pink and silver to catch her eyes. She reached out, feeling drawn to a little necklace with a silver chain and pink pendant at its end. It wasn’t the kind of thing she normally wore. She certainly didn’t remember owning it. But it was on her desk. Had she forgotten about it? Whatever the case was, Lisa idly slipped it on.

She had no way of knowing that the necklace was beginning to work its magic on her. To dig into her brain and find a vision of eroticism that would most offend and humiliate her. To twist her into a parody of her own self and pervert the life she so loved. But for now, she returned to work. She had a big presentation to plan for, after all.