The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Introduction

by J. Darksong

So, here we are. Third time’s the charm, so they say.

Back at the very first Anthology, I invited readers to feel free to enter my literary world, to take a chance and write your own stories based on the setting I had created. I admit it was a somewhat daunting challenge, creating your own story based on someone else’s work, trying not to ‘screw it up’ or write something that clashes with the original author’s intent. Most writers aren’t very comfortable with the idea. They know their own material and are comfortable with it, and with having total control over their own literary work. Taking your cues from someone else is... difficult, to say the least.

I would say, however, that the reverse is also true. It’s equally difficult for the creator to release control and allow others to meddle in his or her works, to let a veritable stranger, will ideas of his or her own, take over and run the show for a while. Obviously, they could very much alter or change a beloved character, totally turn them from the path you’d envisioned from them to something you could have NEVER imagined. And not in a good way.

But then again, that’s kind of the point, isn’t it? To take the story as a whole in a new and different direction, to help it grow and change by adding in fresh ideas and concepts, things the original author might have never thought of before. I always think back to Master PC, a story created by JRParz way back in 1998. It was written specifically with the novel concept of being open ended, and encouraging people to keep it going with their OWN version. And there have been many many versions by many different writers. Not all of them appeal to my personal tastes, but some of them are quite good, very very good. And all of them are equally accepted as being true ‘Master PC’ stories.

Now, I’m not comparing what I’m attempting to do with JR’s achievement. The guy is legendary. But the idea is the same, at least in principle. The invitation to play is still open. And while the environment, the setting is static, the stories themselves are fluid and dynamic, determined only by the writer’s creativity. And while I do retain control over the overall content, I am more than happy to let others go where their creative muses lead them. In short, I am the captain of this ship, but I have no problem letting someone else take the wheel and steer for a while.

Once again, I’d like to thank all of you for taking the time to read this latest edition of River City stories. I’d also like to thank my fellow writers for their contributions. One of the best things about this place, the Erotic Mind Control Story Archive, is that it’s a community, a gathering of people from different walks of life, but all sharing a common interest. And it caters to all of us, all of our different tastes and desires and kinks. If one story isn’t to your liking, there are plenty of others that might just tickle your fancy.

And now my friends and I offer you a buffet of choices from which to pick. A bevy of tales from the literary setting known as River City. A world of heroes and villains, where sometimes evil triumphs over good, at least for a time. It’s a world of sin and debauchery, of sex, violence, and mind control. And here are seven stories each chronicling a descent into that strange dark world. I and my friends hope you will find something to enjoy among them. Bon appetite!