The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Shop of Unearthly Delights

Episode 2: A Master’s Responsibility

* * *

Mr. Maroney walked away, closing the door behind him.

There was an awkward silence in the break room.

“So that…” Beth began.

“That’s my boss,” Travis said. “Mr. Maroney.”

“He seemed… nice?”

Travis looked down at her. He could sense that this day wasn’t going to get any less weird. “We should get dressed.”

Beth nodded, and they started dressing. “Um, Master?” Beth said, halfway through. “You know you left half my clothes at the counter right?”

“Oh.” Travis hadn’t thought about that. “I’ll—”

“I left your clothes at the door!” Mr. Maroney’s voice called from somewhere else in the store. “No need to worry.”

Travis and Beth stood awkwardly for a moment.

“Can he… hear us?’ Beth asked.

Travis opened his mouth, unsure exactly of what he was about to say, when Mr. Maroney’s voice once again called “Yes!”

This was definitely going to be a weird-ass day.

Well, weirder.

Beth opened the door to get her clothes, then paused and looked down at her stomach. “Master?” she asked.

Travis glanced over and immediately saw the problem. She still had his cum on her. “There’s a bathroom across the hall?” he offered.

She nodded and dashed to the restroom, closing the door behind her.

When she’d cleaned herself up and gotten dressed, the two of them headed back out into the shop. Mr. Maroney stood at the counter, absent-mindedly playing with the empty vial that Beth had drunk from.

“Servis Luxuriarum,” he said. “Roughly means ‘slave of extravagance,’ though I guess ‘slave of sex’ or ‘slave of lust’ could work as well. ‘Luxuria’ is included in the Latin word for the sin of lust, and it was often shortened to just that.” He placed the vial down and turned to the pair. “Admittedly, ‘luxuriarum’ is plural, so whoever named it probably didn’t have the best grasp of Latin anyway.”

“What?” Travis asked.

“It’s a potion,” Mr. Maroney explained. “It instills sexual servitude in the one who drinks it, and causes them to imprint on the first person they see. I assume you drank this, young lady?”

Beth nodded. “It, um, smelled good.”

“Yes,” Mr. Maroney said. “That’s supposed to entice you to drink it. That’ll be $29.95, plus tax.”

“Wait, what?” Travis asked. “You’re telling me we sell a sex slave potion for thirty bucks!?”

Mr. Maroney shrugged. “It actually doesn’t cost much to brew a batch. Admittedly, it is pretty labor-intensive. I’d rather sell it for fifty, but most people aren’t willing to pay that much.”

“No, that’s not what I…” Travis shook his head. “I mean, we sell something that overrides free will?”

“Well, technically it reorders a person’s priorities and induces certain emotional triggers. Whether or not that qualifies as breaking free will is the subject of much philosophical debate.”

“I can see that,” Beth said.

“No, don’t encourage him!” Travis said.

“Sorry Master.”

“That wasn’t a command!” Travis looked at Mr. Maroney. “Is there any way to undo it?”

“Not unless she drinks the potion again and imprints on someone else,” Mr. Maroney said. “But there are safeguards against mind control built into it. Both the slave and the master must consent to any new psychological changes.”

“It’s alright,” Beth told Travis. “I don’t mind.”

“How can you say that!?”

She shrugged. “It just doesn’t bother me. Maybe that’s the effect of the potion, but… so what? If it doesn’t bother me, it doesn’t bother me.”

Travis groaned. “This can’t be happening.”

Mr. Maroney gently put his hand on Travis’ shoulder. “I know,” he said. “Without meaning to, you’ve taken on a great responsibility. She will happily serve you, but it goes both ways. You need to take of her too. That said, let me give you some advice.”

He paused, and Travis just sort of stared at him. Mr. Maroney evidently took this as a sign to keep going. “Always remember this. I call it the 5-8 rule. Five is the soft limit, and eight is the hard limit.”

“The… what?”

“For the number of women you keep in your harem!” Mr. Maroney explained. “Oh, ancient kings could have hundreds, but they treated them like shit and lived in big fancy real estate where everyone let them do as they pleased. In this modern world, you need to keep your harem to a manageable size. Now, five is the optimal number for taking care of your girls and keeping track of them, while still having some variety. You can go above a bit, but you shouldn’t go above eight. Nine or more is just too much. You’ll start forgetting names and dates and stuff and they’ll all feel bad and it’s just unpleasant for everyone involved.”

Travis stared at him. “You’re serious.”

“Of course!” Mr. Maroney said.

“He speaks wisdom, Master,” Beth said. Travis shot her a glance.

She really did seem to be taking the news that she’d been magically turned into a sex slave rather well. And… damn, she was sexy. He had to admit that.

He shook his head. This was ridiculous. He couldn’t believe this shit was actually happening.

“Look,” Mr. Maroney said. “Why don’t you take the rest of the day off? Clear your head. Get used to the idea of being the master of a beautiful young woman.” He looked at Beth and smiled. “Who, I notice, has yet to pay me for the potion she drank.”

Beth blushed and started fishing through her purse. Travis sighed. “Just take it out of my next paycheck.”

“Deal,” Mr. Maroney told him. “Now go on. Be back tomorrow though. We’re getting a shipment in.”

And that was how Travis found himself standing outside the store with Beth next to him.

“I mean,” Beth said, “I’ll leave if you want. But I’m pretty sure it would be painful for me.”

“No,” Travis said. “I don’t want to hurt you or anything.”

“That’s good,” Beth said. Then she said: “Not even a little?”

“Huh?”

“I mean, like, in a sexy way?”

Travis held his head in his hands. “This is insane.”

Beth leaned against him. “My apartment’s nearby,” she said. “We could walk there and, uh, talk.”

Travis looked down at her. Judging by how she was looking at him, talking wasn’t exactly what she had in mind.

His phone buzzed.

“Aw, shit,” Travis muttered as he checked his phone.

“What?” Beth asked.

“This girl I was talking to right before you walked in…”

She looked at the screen. “She’s cute,” she said. “You should give her the potion.”

“What? No!”

Beth shrugged. “Suit yourself, Master. I think it would be fun though.”

Travis sighed. He was doing that a lot today. “Where’s your apartment?”

She smiled. “This way, Master.”

* * *

Beth’s apartment was small. One bedroom. One room, mostly. Her walls were covered in posters of various rock and metal bands, and statues of dragons and faeries dotted her shelves, sharing space with Sandman and Hellblazer graphic novels.

“Nowhere else to sit but the bed,” Beth said. “Sorry about the mess, Master.”

“It’s, uh, it’s fine,” Travis said. “What do you do exactly? For work?”

“Waitressing,” Beth replied, idly taking her shirt off and dropping it on a pile of clothes in the corner. “It fucking sucks.”

Travis sat on the bed. “Yeah,” he said. “I imagine.”

“Just having to smile at those stupid fucks all the time,” Beth said. She took off her bra. Her back was to Travis, and he could see the black-feathered wings tattooed on her back. “Pretend I actually like them, you know?”

Oh. Travis didn’t know what to say to that.

Beth must have sensed his awkward silence, and she turned her head to look at him over her shoulder. “This is not that,” she said.

Travis found he couldn’t really look at her. “Isn’t it? Without that potion—”

“The potion makes me see you as my Master and want to obey you. It doesn’t make me take you back to my apartment and start undressing in front of you without you ever ordering me to.”

She was suddenly standing in front of him, with her tits right in his face.

“Then why?” Travis asked. “Why did you take me back here?”

Beth smiled down at him. “You were just so good back at the shop…”

“No,” Travis interrupted. “The truth.”

She smiled. “Your voice sounded firmer when you said that. That’s good.” She sat down next to him and started undoing her boots. “You’re my Master now, like it or not, and that’s probably not going to change,” Beth explained. “I figure, if we’re gonna have this kind of relationship, I might as well make sure you’re the best Master you can be. I want to enjoy myself, magical potion or no magical potion, and that means you need to enjoy yourself too.”

Her boots fell to the floor, she started removing what little remained of her clothes.

“You’re freaked out. I get that. I’m a little freaked out myself. I’d probably be more freaked out without the magic potion. And I’ve barely known you for an hour, so I could be wrong, but you don’t strike me as the most self-confident person. And that’s no good; a Master needs to be self-confident. You need to be commanding. I know you can do it. You started getting into that mode while we were fucking back at the shop. I want to help you build your self-confidence, and get you in that mode more often.”

She stood to remove the last of her garments, and Travis found himself her naked form. “You’ve been in relationships like this before,” Travis said. “Without the potion obviously, but…”

“Kinky?” Beth asked. “I’m a bit kinky, yeah. Never got into like hardcore masochism, but I’ve always liked the whole submissive thing.” She sat down next to him again and leaned against him. Travis felt himself stirring as her hand rested on his lap, just inches away from his crotch. “And I’m sensing that you, Master, are a bit vanilla in your experience.”

Travis said nothing. Beth looked up at him.

“Master,” she said. “May I kiss you.”

Travis looked down at her. Her face, inches from his… He could smell her, feel her breath on him.

He didn’t reply, he just kissed her.

The kiss became aggressive. The two became more active. And before Travis really realized it, they were both naked and rolling on top of each other. He was inside her. They were together.

And, he had to admit, it just felt right.