The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Snap and Flash

Author’s Note: My Pet is back again with more proofreading! Many thanks go to them. :)

“It’s interesting how that works, isn’t it?”

Shuri’s voice emerged through my headphones once again, still with that strange, soft, ever-so-slightly warbling register. “A camera. One of those things we just take for granted. Most people have no idea how it works when you take a picture. It’s just snap-flash and then it’s done. They don’t care. They don’t have reason to.

“But I do.”

I was feeling so confused. I had absolutely no idea how we’d reached the topic of cameras. Shuri had been rambling for what felt like hours, and I wanted to hit the key to disconnect so badly, and yet something still restrained me. I couldn’t remember how we’d gotten into a call, or why—I felt certain that prior to today, I had been strongly opposed to calling anyone, although I… couldn’t seem to remember the reason for that(maybe… something about my… voice?)… but I knew I couldn’t just leave, that would be rude, because now she was speaking again, and it sounded so important, and suddenly I didn’t want to stop listening: “In fact, to show you, Lucia, how about you turn on your camera? Wouldn’t that be nice? I could tell you much more easily what I’m talking about once you turn it on. Won’t you do that for me?”

I paused, disoriented, feeling as if I should say no but having absolutely no idea why. There’s… something… something I don’t want her to… see? I thought it might be my… my face, something about it didn’t… wasn’t… wasn’t a girl’s face…? But that sounded so silly… why wouldn’t I be a… a girl…?

“Don’t be shy,” she murmured gently, and suddenly my anxiety rushed out of me as a dazed smile came across my lips. “Just letting that camera light flick on, and looking deeply, deeply into it, Lucia, letting me see your pretty face, that’s it, listening so well to me, nothing but me, you don’t have to worry about anything else because I’m here and that’s all that matters…”

Her voice faded into a blur again, and I realized that while she’d been speaking I had turned on my camera and was now staring deeply into the webcam light without even processing that I had done so. That’s… weird, right…? Shouldn’t I… remember…?

Then, Shuri’s voice, coming back into focus, as my thoughts did the opposite: “That’s it, my pretty girl… looking straight ahead for me, so calm, so relaxed, the light is so pretty you just can’t help but stare into it. Now, darling, I know you’re still confused… what I said about the camera is just so complicated, isn’t it, sweetheart?”

“I… uh… y-yes..?” I mumbled, unsure of how to respond, unsure now more than ever what was even happening around me.

“I know you are, Lucia, so I’m going to send you a file over Discord that will help you to understand exactly how it works, okay? I’d like you to download it and extract it. Is that okay?”

“...yes…” I mumbled, my voice muzzy, confused even to my own ears. I wasn’t sure why I was agreeing, or even really what I was agreeing to, but it just felt so nice to nod along, so I didn’t question Shuri’s request. I felt myself mouse over to Discord, click the download button beside the file—some part of me registered it was called snf.jar—and hit extract once I was into the file manager. As I did all of this, my gaze remained locked on the glowing webcam, hands moving on autopilot as Shuri guided me through my headset. Her tone was gently soothing, warmly praising, patiently guiding, as she murmured into my unresisting ears. “That’s it, darling, you’re doing so well. Opening file explorer for me now, that’s a good girl, no need to pay attention to what it is you’re extracting, keep going, hitting extract now for me, opening the file, good girl, letting it make changes to your computer, and now just minimizing it and gently, easily letting the fact that it’s there drift from your mind…”

“Would you like to know how it works, now?” she asked as I sat there, staring into the light as it gradually began to flicker, on-and-off, on-and-off, and it was so soothing, so good to focus on, to pay attention to and let the fact that my monitor was now gently flashing with words and images just float by, and let the words float in, settle into my head, obey the words, believe the words, they were always right because Shuri said they were and she was always right and-

“Yes,” I told her honestly. It was such an interesting topic, and her voice made it even more interesting. I wanted to know, needed to know.

“That’s a good girl, I knew this topic would interest you, and you’re doing so well for me. I know it seems complicated, but just listen closely, okay? It’s really quite simple once you know what’s happening. Like I said, most people don’t care when they take a photo. Snap—” at this, she snapped her fingers, and it would’ve jolted me awake if the words in front of me that I wasn’t thinking about hadn’t told me that it made me more relaxed, more warm, more safe. “—and flash.” The webcam light flared brightly and proceeded to fade to black, but only briefly, before it once more lit up. That, too, almost jolted me, but instead it was just soothing, just relaxing, and I was starting to feel so sleepy, now, so warm and nice, and Shuri was talking to me again and it felt so good to just relax in her arms as I felt them wrap around me, hugging me tightly to her chest just like she was suggesting I experience, and it felt even better to know that I was following that suggestion,—

“...and when that snap—” she snapped her fingers “—and flash—” the light flared “—happens, it actually has nothing to do with the phone. That’s just a placebo. When you press the button, you use a little bit of your willpower to take that picture, to capture that image. You give a little bit of it away to the picture, and you usually, eventually, get it back because it’s yours, you just put it in a picture, but that picture still belongs to you, and you didn’t give it to someone else.” That didn’t seem right, but the words in my head told me it did, so I didn’t argue as the truth of it settled into my mind.

“But in this case, you’ve got that lovely program open, don’t you, my sweet girl?”

“I do,” I told her, smiling lazily as the light kept flickering.

“And that’s my program, isn’t it? And it’s making sure all those wonderful pictures I’m helping you take go to me. So I have those photos. And do you remember what’s in those pictures, darling?”

“My will,” I answered, and what was happening dawned on me. I was giving her the pictures, which had my will inside, so I was giving her my will. But that was okay. The words said it was. I was doing this because I wanted to, wasn’t I? Surely I was. The words said I was.

“So every time I snap and flash,” she said, as she did just that, “I get a little bit more of your will. And so, so very slowly, I get more and more of it, until I have more of your will than you do. And that’s what you want, right?”

I nodded eagerly. “Yes, Shuri.”

“But this snapping and flashing is so slow, isn’t it? You’d like it to go faster, wouldn’t you?”

I wanted it to go faster. Of course I did. The words told me I did.

“Yes, Shuri,” I said drowsily, now, still smiling so sleepily, yet so eagerly, at the screen, and now I was feeling so drowsy, so sleepy, yawning and tired and ready to fall asleep, that was it, I was sleepy, I was tired, yes,—

“...so what you’re going to do, my sweet girl,” said Shuri, “Is make sure you put ten times the willpower into each picture, ten times more with every picture we take. And they’re going to turn out so much better for me, aren’t they?”

I nodded. Of course they were. “Yes, Shuri.”

“Ready?”

She didn’t wait for a response.

“Snap. Flash.”

“Snap. Flash.”

“Snap. Flash.”

* * *

I wasn’t sure how many times she repeated that phrase, but when she stopped, I was no longer aware of anything but her. I wasn’t sitting in my chair, I was floating in a sea of gentle darkness and letting her soft words float into my mind without a care in the world.

“I have so much more of your will than you do, now, isn’t that right, my sweet girl?” asked Shuri, and I nodded, not wanting to speak, speaking was so much effort, so much willpower; and I had so little left now. I’d given so much of it to her.

“So when I tell you to do something, you’ll do it, won’t you, darling?”

I nodded again.

“That’s my good girl. So when I tell you that the next snap, the next flash, will put you all the way under, and when it’s done you’ll go right down into the dark for me, you’ll believe it, won’t you?”

A third nod.

With a bit of satisfaction in her voice, Shuri said, “Snap. Flash.” And she snapped her fingers. And my whole computer screen flashed, and for the first and only time I registered three words on the screen, in huge, black letters:

SLEEP FOR ME.

My eyes gently closed, already barely open, and the last of my will went away, and I slept. I heard only one thing as I slipped into the soft, loving darkness; two words, from my own mouth:

“Yes, Mistress.”