The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Well, here’s the rest of what was going to be one 30pg chapter (ouch.) Thank you again for all the people who let me know they were reading it. I had no idea. I hope you enjoy, and I hope the chapter keeps your interest in the story as a whole. It might be sometime before the next one comes out. I have a very busy life right now. But at the moment what really matters is that you enjoy it and to let me know if you do, or even if you don’t, just make sure you tell me why.

Something in the Water

Chapter 12 First Battles

It had been easy. He’d known it would be, and yet somehow the thought of it excited him. Andrew cast a glance back at his soon to be made slave.

Her eyes were dulled, the ruby shine gone for the moment, her steps following each one of his, her will his.

She’d said her name was Lydia before he’d taken her, but that hadn’t mattered much to him. All he cared was how she looked and though she could not quite be called beautiful she was most definitely cute.

As he made his way up towards the bedrooms he thought to himself how he had never done a middle eastern girl before, and he wondered what it would be like. His eyes traced her small bosom, and her bulbous rump. She suited him just fine.

He turned his head back up the stairs, to the dark hallways and mostly empty bedrooms, guiding his catch by the hand getting closer to it with each slow step.

That was when the voice took his attention from it.

“Lydia,” it called as he heard a body running towards him.

Andrew turned towards the sound and the man who had issued it, tall and lanky with reddish brown hair. The man’s eyes seemed confused by what he saw as he grabbed the banister and stared up at the two of them.

“Lydia, where are you going?” he said “Daniel’s looking for you.”

Lydia didn’t respond, her body still turned upward towards the stairs, her back to the man.

Andrew didn’t know who this Daniel was, but the thought of him brought a smile to his face. Not only was he going to get a very cute woman into his fold, but he was taking it from someone else. He was taking it from some other likely snide little jock who was always off having fun at parties and screwing women. He was better than them now.

“Hey, Lydia, it’s Jim, what the hell are you doing?” He said as he reached a hand out and turned her around.

She didn’t resist, but as she turned her eyes still faced forward and away from him.

The man glanced between Andrew and Lydia consternation laced with anger edging into his voice. “What the hell is going, who the hell are you?” He said staring at Andrew hard.

“Leave us alone. This is none of your concern,” Andrew commanded.

“Like hell it isn’t, this is my best friend’s girl and I don’t know who the fuck you are, but-“ And that was all he could get out.

Andrew had grabbed his neck and delivered a healthy dose of the mind numbing chemical into his brain. “Leave us alone” he said levelly.

The man just nodded, his eyes staring forward, his body standing slowly rocking on the stairs.

Andrew took Lydia again by the hand, guiding her up the stairs, and towards the dark hallway. He would find an empty bedroom and he would make for himself another fine slave.

* * *

The seat sat at the door, Daniel in it. His eyes looking over the woman before him. She looked ridiculous to him, almost like a circus clown. But underneath it all was a very well sculpted body, nice strong legs, arms, and a face…

She was attractive, that much could not be denied. But it didn’t matter. He had a girlfriend. He had a girlfriend that he loved very much.

The thought seemed to help him some. Though he didn’t know why he needed the help. And he didn’t dare think further than that.

“What kind of person would find what you’re wearing attractive boggles my mind.” He sighed. “Whoever those two women’s master is he must be one hell of a shallow asshole.”

He looked at the clothes on the ground, her original wear, a black bra, panties and some jeans with a glittered tank top. He turned back up to the motionless drone.

“Who are you girl? And why do you seem so familiar to me?” He said more to himself then to the woman sitting at the toilet.

He reached a hand out and grasped the woman’s wrist. She gasped and her body shivered as the mind numbing chemical flowed fresh through her body. “Well let’s get this over with I guess, huh? I don’t suppose you’ll really care, or remember, but I’ll be keeping my eyes covered as you undress.” He paused for a moment, “ Now, stand up.”

The woman stood up, her body wavering. Her eyes staring forward, awaiting the command of her master. But her master wasn’t there to control her, just a man trying to set things right.

* * *

Jim shook his head, placing his hand to it. He felt weird. He wondered what had just happened. He looked about him still somewhat in a daze, trying to remember where he was and what he was doing.

And then he remembered, he was at party, he was at a party for his friend Daniel. Daniel had sent him to keep an eye on Lydia for him. And when he got there…

“What the fuck is going on?” he said to himself. His jerked back to the empty seat by the door where Lydia was supposed to be waiting and then up the stairs that he now stood on. Something was wrong about how Lydia followed the stranger, awkward, like she was drugged or something. He remembered the hand that grasped him, and then he had blacked out.

He didn’t know what was going on, but he definitely got the sense that something was wrong. He didn’t know what to be sure, but he did know that it was Daniel’s girl. He had to know about it.

And something about the way things were told him that he had to know now.

Jim tore down the stairs and into the moving masses of the party, searching for a friend who might be able to help him.

* * *

She sat before him on the toilet seat, her original clothing on, the last remnants of the ghastly make up taken off. She sat ready, awaiting his next command.

Daniel extended her hand to her palm, grasping it firmly. Again her body shivered as a fresh amount of the chemical flushed into her body. Again she sat, slowly rocking, awaiting his next order.

“Look at me,” Daniel commanded.

Her head turned in his direction, though her eyes, unable to focus, remained glazed.

“Do you remember who you were fifteen minutes ago?”

She nodded.

“Good, now focus in on that time, and remember everything that you knew at that time as true. Do you remember?”

Again she nodded.

“Good, and you remember everything after that time, everything that was told to you that was supposed to be true?”

She nodded.

“Alright, repeat it to me.”

The woman opened her mouth, repeating the instructions told to her in a plain level monotone, “ The master is beautiful. The master is everything that I want in a man. I want to have sex with the master. All I can think about is seeing the master. I will follow you to him.”

Daniel sighed, shaking his head. “Alright, now I want you to step back just before that time, before those instructions were told to you.”

She nodded.

Daniel continued, “Those instructions never happened. Nothing that was told to you is worth anything. They’re not even worth remembering. Do you understand? You are who you were unchanged.”

Her head slowly nodded.

Daniel leaned back, his hand never leaving the woman’s palm, “ Alright, now tell me those instructions that were told to you by those two women not too long ago.”

She shook her head, “What instructions?”

Daniel smiled, “Good.” He released her palm and sat back, waiting for the effects of the chemical to wear off.

* * *

The first thing Sharon saw were his eyes, those familiar eyes that she’d seen not too long ago, staring at her from across the packed kitchen of the house. They studied her unassumingly, scrutinizing her in a way that she wasn’t used to, but at the same time didn’t make her feel uncomfortable. They didn’t seem to look at her like so many other men did, hungry and wanting. Rather they stared at her calmly, with a faint touch of concern. That was all she saw, concern.

It was unexpected.

The next thing she noticed was an almost mind numbing headache.

Sharon grimaced, her hand coming to her head and rubbing it.

Daniel leaned forward, his eyes never leaving her, “You okay?”

“My head kills.”

“Yeah I could imagine. Let’s see if I can find some aspirin or something.” He stood up, searching through the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, his hand finding a bottle and reaching for it. He grabbed a cup of water and filled it up at the sink, handing the two items to her.

She downed the pills and the water, taking a second as they worked their way through her body.

Daniel sat back down in front of her, laying his hand lightly on her shoulder, “Better?”

She smiled weakly, “It’s fading a little now, but thanks.”

“No problem,” Daniel said, sliding his hand off of her, and leaning back in the chair.

“So…You’re Daniel, right?”

He stopped, turning to face her again, “Yeah…how did you know?”

“Nina pointed you out to me earlier.”

He smiled warmly, his eyes shining with innocent amusement, “Nina? Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah, she would, wouldn’t she?”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

He chuckled. She stared, confused. “Nothing really, the girl’s just been hitting on me for awhile.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Daniel said, shrugging, “I got a girlfriend too, it’s kind of ridiculous.”

Sharon, looked at him genuinely surprised, “You actually said that.”

“What?”

“That you have a girlfriend.”

“So?”

“Most guys don’t, even when they do.”

Daniel shrugged, “I’m not most guys.”

Yeah... Sharon thought, but didn’t say.

He grinned, “By the way, I can’t help, but think that we’ve met before? Where are you from?”

“I’m from around here. We actually had a class together about two years ago.”

Daniel sat back, surprised, his mind thinking, “ You’re Sharon Sanchez, aren’t you?”

She nodded surprised, “You remember?”

The smile faded, the words suddenly slow, “Yeah.”

He turned to her.

Their eyes met.

Silence.

They turned away at the same time. What was she doing? Why was this happening? She admitted to herself that the guy was attractive, but at the same time he had a girlfriend. She was out of his reach. At least if he was the kind of guy she wanted he was. What the hell was wrong with her?

Her eyes shifted to the room around her, only vaguely noting how Daniel seemed to be doing the same. It had been an accident. She didn’t know why she was feeling weird about it. It was nothing, just eye contact. People did it all the time.

But at the same time she knew she was lying to herself. It was more, just a little bit more, and that had made all the difference.

Her eyes continued to shift about the room, stopping as she began to register where she was. It was the bathroom. And she had no memory of ever entering it. “Daniel,” she began, “I’m in the bathroom.”

Daniel stopped looking and turned to her. He nodded, “Yeah…so what?”

“I don’t remember being in the bathroom.”

He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped, he thought for a second, almost like he knew something, but didn’t know what to say. “What do you remember?” He finally said.

“I was talking with my old friend Nina and… I think two of my friends from college appeared out of nowhere.”

“Why do you only think they were your friends?”

“Because they were done up like…” Her eyes shifted to the doorframe behind Daniel, stopping, recognizing, the splintered wood and the latch laying on the ground. Her eyes drifted to Daniel and his ripped shirt. Slowly they slipped down next to him to the heap of clothes lying on the ground, it was shiny, made of a lycra type material and far too small to be anything, but skin tight.

Just like how she remembered her friends being dressed in.

“Like what?” Daniel asked, following her long stretch of silence.

“What the hell happened in here?” she asked abruptly.

Daniel shot his eyes back, his eyes turning to the places her attention just had. He took in a deep intake of breath, hesitating. “What do you mean?”

“The splintered doorframe, the clothes on the floor, your torn shirt. Something big happened here.”

“Oh…” he said his voice trailing off, his eyes suddenly avoiding her again.

She stared at him deadpan, “What do you know?”

Daniel slowly shook his head, “I can’t. It’s just-“

But before he could finish a stranger burst into the door, his eyes wild, worried. “Jesus, Daniel” he gasped, “I’ve been looking everywhere for you, I saw Lydia going up the stairs with this weird-“

He stopped, seeing Sharon for the first time, his eyes quickly glancing between Daniel and her, “ Are you two guys seeing different people now? I mean, I heard you two had an argument, but I didn’t think it was that bad.”

Daniel shook his head. “No Jim, it’s not like that-wait, what’s going on with Lydia?”

The stranger stepped forward, “Man, there was this guy, and Lydia was ignoring me like she never did-“

Sharon watched Daniel’s eyes bulge. “No, not here.” He stood up, pulling the guy aside with him, just outside the door, just outside of Sharon’s earshot.

They talked for a few seconds. The stranger began to relate the story to Daniel. Sharon watched as his body began to shake and mouth gaped wide in horror. Before she knew it he had turned from her, tearing down the hallway away from her.

Sharon stood up.

The stranger stepped in briefly, “Sorry girl, I guess we need to go. Something bad’s a brewing.”

And before she could ask anything he too was gone.

She slowly walked towards the doorway and the hall, and the two men who had just ran down it.

“Mi Dios, what the hell is going on?” She said to herself.

She caught a glance of herself in the mirror and halted. Something seemed off about the way she looked. Her face turned into it, scrutinizing herself. Her eyes gazed into her eyes, working their way along her cheeks and down to her lips.

She didn’t have any make up on. She should have. She did before coming to the party.

Again her head turned to the clothes on the floor. She bent down and picked it up in her hands. It was shiny blue and meticulously ripped in three different places to suggest, but not quite show the female body underneath it.

Just like I remember my friends being dressed in she thought.

Something had happened to her, something that she didn’t remember. That much was obvious. And Daniel, he knew more than he was letting on.

She ran the last 30 minutes through her head, the fear, her friends grabbed her, she blacked out, and when she woke up he was sitting in front of her in the bathroom. Her friends were gone, and the splintered doorframe told her that someone had forced their way in.

A thought in her head slowly clicked into place.

Her eyes again drifted up the hallway to the path that Daniel just disappeared from. She thought about the concern in Daniel’s eyes, and the carefully spoken words. Somehow she couldn’t believe that he had any part in whatever had happened. But he knew. And there had to be a reason why he wouldn’t tell.

Her eyes still stared down the hall and a whisper came to her lips, spoken only to herself, “Did you save me Daniel? And if so…from what?”

* * *

He eyed the watch on his wrist. Three minutes, three minutes until the effects of the chemical would begin to wear off. It was going to be fun.

She knelt naked in front of him, slender and beautiful, her body splayed out before him on the bed, her eyes glazed.

Andrew knelt in front of her, his body naked also, his eyes tracing her outline in the darkness of the room. Everything rested in a strange sort of shadow as the moonlight shined its way through the main window of the bedroom.

He reached a hand outward to her, grabbing her petite breasts in his hand and beginning to knead the soft mounds.

She remained there, despondent, unresisting, she was his for the taking. And by God if he wasn’t going to take her.

His hand continued to knead her soft flesh as moved he moved his head forward into her chest, his tongue licking her mounds and sucking their wonderful warmth.

He pushed her back onto the bed, she fell down easily, her arms outstretched, her legs spread wide. Her cunt stood open, hidden in shadow, but his for the taking. He leapt onto her, her body cradling his as Andrew worked her way up to his way up to her neck, nibbling on her soft dark skin as he went.

He could never seem to get tired of doing this.

His tongue alighted on her neck and cheek, tasting the sweet roundness of her face. He locked his lips onto hers, as his hands continued to work her small breasts.

“You love this” he said to her in the darkness, “You’ll do anything for this.”

Lydia’s eyes just stared up at the ceiling, registering nothing.

Andrew pulled back for a second, his hand going to his rock hard rod, pumping it as the other began to tease her cunt.

She was cute. She was sexy. She would be his.

He felt his hand moisten as her body responded to his stimulation. Vaginal juices slowly began to flow and lubricate her dark brown love opening. She wanted him, he told himself. She was ready for him.

She would be his.

She would be his.

Andrew pulled his cock forward, ramming it into her engorged love slit. Her body moved up the bed, her head knocking into the frame. He kept ramming it in, moving her small frame back and forth which each push.

The bed creaked as her body shook, as her breasts flopped, as her head jolted with each thrust.

His wristwatch began to beep.

Andrew reached his hands up, grasping for her breasts as they flopped with his force, watching as slowly she began to react. The force he held back in his monstrous Johnson. He wanted her to see. He wanted her unable to do anything about it.

She would scream. She would resist. It wouldn’t help. He would wait just a couple seconds before pushing it into her. She would see him. She would know. She would feel as she became his. She would dote on him. She would love him. She would love him.

* * *

He knocked in doors. He didn’t care. She was behind one of them. And it was his fault that she was there. How could he have been so stupid?

People would yelp in surprise, pulling on clothes, or jumping from lip locks, call him obscenities, threaten bodily harm. He didn’t care. How could he have been so stupid?

Left and right, door to door along the upper hallway, held in shadow. Closets, bedrooms, bathrooms.

What was he thinking? Why had he spent so much time with that girl? Why had he bothered to save her? It hadn’t been his business. It wouldn’t have made any real difference. He should have known. He’d had that dream. It wasn’t just a dream.

It wasn’t just a dream.

That was the thought that repeated over and over in his head. That was the thought that shamed him, that screamed at him like a fury pushing him on. It was his fault. It was always his fault. He had to make it right. He had to always make it right.

It wasn’t just a dream.

It wasn’t just a dream.

And then Daniel heard her scream.

* * *

Sarah and Elizabeth found Hannah waiting by the wall where the master had been. Their dresses were ripped. Breasts and tits occasionally slipped out drawing more attention than they had initially intended.

Boys whistled and asked questions, but the girls were in no mood for it. They had failed. They had failed their master. They had failed Andrew. And they knew that they would pay the price for it.

Then they heard the scream.

And they knew it meant trouble.

Sarah turned to Hannah,“Get the car ready. The master may be in trouble.”

She nodded, turning towards the door and heading out.

* * *

“Guys, Lydia is in trouble.”

Arthur and Ryan looked at Jim, turning for a moment from their conversation, the music and the evening.

“What do you mean?”

“I saw this stranger taking her upstairs. I told Daniel. He got scared man, scared like I haven’t seen him before. I think it’s some serious shit.”

Art and Ryan exchanged glances, placing the beer down on the table in front of them.

“Like how?”

“Like he wouldn’t take the time to explain what was going on. He tore away from me before I could even get another word in edgewise.”

A faint twinge of skepticism entered into his face, “Well, I did see them having an argument while I was driving them over here.”

Ryan shook his head, turning to between Jim and Arthur. “No dude I saw him tear by me, he seemed really scared. You know Danny wouldn’t act like that unless he really thought he needed to, unless it was a lot more than that. I mean they’ve had arguments before.”

“It’s got to be more than that. It has to be a lot more than that,” Jim added.

Art thought for a second, slowly nodding. His head shifted carefully about the party and the beer in his hand.

“Well?” Jim said, waiting nervously for a response.

He grabbed the beer at the table and downed it one chug. He shrugged, “Ah, what the hell, I mean what’s five minutes?”

* * *

The door fell to splinters in seconds. The room was dark. Lydia lay in the fetal position, her dark naked body glistening under a shaft of moonlight. Her hand pushed in and out of her twat, her face taut in a grotesque mask of pain as a new creature slowly worked its way through her body.

“Daniel,” she cried, her eyes an appeal for help, “It hurts…”

He glanced, but a moment at her, already knowing what was happening, already knowing it was too late. His attention instead focused on the figure who stood just off of the bed, his back to him; naked, tall, strong.

The figure turned.

Daniel gasped, his muscles tightened.

It was him, it was the man he had seen in his dream; tall, a cocky air, handsome, a regular Adonis.

That was all he needed to see. That was more than he needed to know.

“You must be the boy-” the stranger began.

Daniel sprung forth at him. “You motherfucker” he roared.

The figure cried out in surprise as Daniel’s body collided with his. The two together flew back, the stranger’s body slamming into a bookcase. He grimaced.

Daniel was up, the stranger dazed. One hand grasped for his neck, squeezing, the other a fist raised, readied.

The first jab sent the strangers head back in a whiplash, the second sent him sprawling to the floor.

He was on him. He was over him. Lydia cried out to Daniel. The punches rained down. The stranger cried out. His arms flew up desperately, but that couldn’t stop Daniel’s onslaught. Daniel had the opportunity to raise his muscle strength. The stranger had not.

The one-sided assault continued. One after the other, he didn’t care. He didn’t think. He just knew. He knew it was his fault. He had to take her back. Daniel roared.

His face was bruises. His arms were beaten back, his body open, exhausted, defeated. And still Daniel’s assault raged. He was going to kill him. He knew it. He wanted it.

It was the only way to save her. It wasn’t too late he told himself. It wasn’t too late.

And then he couldn’t move. Taut, strong arms wrapped around him. His body pulled back, female cries filling the air. They were on him, the two girls, the stranger’s slaves, dragging him away.

He fought, his body shifting, his legs flailing out. The grip gave, he fell to the floor, he rolled out. They pursued.

He was up, his back to the door, his body turned towards theirs, ready to pounce.

It was them, the exact women he had seen in the bathroom trying to enslave Sharon, a blonde and a brunette.

The stranger, the Adonis was a bloody mess, even that he could see in the diminished light of the room. He lay there unmoving, battered, broken, a faint rasping breath the only sign of life.

He was so close. He was so close to finishing it.

The pair stood between him, facing him.

Lydia lay naked and now motionless on the bed, her body spread out, her breasts and twat exposed. Her eyes fluttered erratically, her whole body shaking, her voice silenced.

He didn’t have long. He knew it.

His muscles tensed. His fists raised. He eyed the pair, slaves. They were women. They were real people before. He didn’t want to fight them. Maybe…

“Don’t do this,” he said evenly, fighting to keep the rage out of his voice “Stand aside. Let me finish this.”

The brunette stepped forward, “What and be your slaves?”

He shook his head, “No, go back to being yourselves.”

She snickered, “ My aren’t you the chivalrous one? Trying to protect us meek little ladies from the big bad villain? What happens if we’re happy with who we are you little fuck?”

He didn’t answer. Lydia’s body had stopped her spasms. Her eyes gazed up at the ceiling, as if seeing it for the first time. She sat up. Her eyes turned to his. Even in the darkness he could see them.

They were stranger’s eyes. They didn’t shine. Her eyes didn’t shine.

He sprung forward at the pair. He needed to get passed them. He needed to kill that man. It wasn’t too late. It wasn’t too late.

They caught him.

He fought.

The grip gave, he was through. His muscles swelled, large. His shirt ripped, his skin strained.

He pounced on the prostrate body of the bloodied Adonis. He lifted him from the ground. He struck, ribcage cracked. He struck, whiplash, neck breaks. The bloodied Adonis swung like a rag doll in his hand.

They’re on him again. Each grabbing an arm, they’re naked, their muscles as large as their bodies can handle.

His whole body fights them, his arms straining against them. He is stronger, his reason for fighting is his, their reason for fighting him is not.

He eyes the Adonis’ neck, his arms pushing forward little by little against the opposing force of the stranger’s slaves. They tug and tug and jerk, but his arms are like a machine. They move forward. His hands around the stranger’s neck.

And then the hand that lightly touches his arm, the lithe body that runs forth, crying, pushing its way between his arms and the figure before him, he small brown frame, squirming its way between his arms.

Lydia.

Those eyes that cry for this stranger, this Adonis, this bloody mess. They stare into his, “Stop, please stop, if you love me at all please stop,” she cries.

For a second, they shine.

He has no energy. He let’s go. He’s pulled away and flies backward, landing atop the two women behind him. They grimace, slipping their way out from under him.

But he doesn’t notice. His eyes stare at the woman he had once known as she kneels before her new master, hugging his warm, destitute body. She lays an earnest hand alongside his battered face, his lips dropping to kiss every single wound.

Her eyes turn to his like daggers.

And for the first time, they feel like daggers.

He has no energy. She is his. Her love so easily reversed against him, hate. A love staring at her with stranger’s eyes, staring at him like a stranger. His eyes tear up as he watches the girl who was once Lydia, try to help her master.

<It’s not her. It’s not her.>

He doesn’t know the entreaty of the creature as it tries to get a hold of him. He doesn’t see the Adonis’ slaves as they search the room, looking for something they can use on him, something that they can use against him.

<Get up! Get up!>

The blonde spies the letter opener lying alone on the floor. She reaches down and picks it up.

<They’re going to kill you Daniel! They’re going to kill you!>

She creeps quietly behind him, the letter opener held in a reverse grip, raised high above him, ready to be plunged into him.

<Wake up!>

“What the fuck! What the hell is going on here?”

The slaves freeze, turning.

Three bodies stand, framed just outside the doorway, their faces lost in the shadow, the light shining brightly behind them. Their eyes turn, shifting about the ransacked room, seeing the dark naked body of the newly made slave as she kneels beside her master, kissing him.

“Lydia…Jesus Lydia is that you? What the fuck? What the fuck…”

The words trail off as the three continue to stare, searching the room, trying to make sense of everything that they see. A bloody mess of a person lays in the corner, the body laying under a shattered bookshelf. Three naked women crouch cautiously, like female lions ready to pounce. Two standing beside another, a man…

“Daniel…Daniel is that you? What the hell is going on here man?”

The blonde and the brunette pause exchanging glances, eyeing Daniel as he stares blank eyed forward, shock. They eye the three, a malicious smile coming to their lips.

They stand up slowly, their eyes shifting between the three and the one master sitting almost comatose on the ground. The blonde grips the letter opener firmly in her hand. Her muscles tighten, her body prepping for the muscle growth it knows it can do.

< Wake up Daniel! Wake up! Your friends are going to die. You’ve got to wake up! Those two are going to kill your friends! It’s not just you!>

His eyes register. His mind hears.

The girls are up, having walked passed him, ignoring him, their eyes on their new prey, Daniel at he moment not seen as a threat.

“Nothing is going on here boys, nothing you need to know anyhow.”

They step towards the three slowly; their eyes never leave them.

The three step back, hesitate, their faces exposed under the hallway light, fear.

“Oh fuck, what the fuck is this? What the fuck is this?”

That which was Lydia watches, indifferent, her hand tight around the loose hand of her master.

“It will be over soon master,” she whispers.

The two crouch like coiled springs, tightening, eyes caught by the three, thinking only of the three. They don’t know who they are and they don’t care. They need to go. And right now only one thought goes through the pair’s mind. They are wolves and the three before them are lambs. They step forward.

The hand that stops them.

The blonde’s shock.

The eyes that stare deep into hers, shaking his head, “No.”

The letter opener flies down, plunging into Daniel’s wrist. He yells, releasing his grip. His blood flows from the newly opened wound. He ignores it.

The two jump back. The three move forward.

“You okay man?”

Daniel shakes his head, “No.”

His eyes stare at the other side of the room. He rises up slowly watching the three girls and the bloodied person on the floor. They back away, back against the wall, back by the window, back by their master.

He gazes at them, his eyes knowing the expressions on the two’s face, the fear. He hardens, his eyes never leaving the woman kneeling on the floor with his back to him, Lydia, not Lydia.

“Give her back,” he says gesturing to the dark figure bent over the bloodied mess of a person, “Give Lydia back to me.”

The girl stands up, her naked form bathed gray in the pale moonlight. She turns to him, her eyes alien, her body a shell of what it was.

“What the hell you talking about Daniel? That’s Lydia, what the hell is going on?”

All Daniel does is shake his head.

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” she says

Daniel shakes his head, fresh tears welling up in his eyes, but he forces them back. Now is not the time. “Yes you do. Yes you do. She was taken away from me. Why? Why! Come back to me.”

“It is the master’s will.”

“Fuck his will, where the fuck is yours?” His voice trembles.

She doesn’t respond.

His friends stare silently, confused, unsure, watching.

She turns to the other two. A message seems to pass between them.

The blonde and the brunette nod.

Lydia picks up the prostrate form of her master.

He guesses at the meaning of their message. “Don’t do this. Don’t fucking do this. You try to get by me and by God I won’t fucking let you.”

She smiles. Daniel shivers.

“ It is as it is. And there is nothing you can do about it.”

“You have to get by me first.” His muscles, tighten, prepping for a repeat of what happened in the bathroom.

They shake their head, “No we don’t.”

The window.

The glass shatters as the four jump through it.

Daniel gasps.

His friends, “What the f-“

But that is all Daniel hears. He falters for a moment as his body shifts momentum, charging towards the shattered window.

They’re on the ground as he jumps through, his body rolling down the rooftop.

The bundle they carry close. The car waits for them on the street, the engine idling.

He hits the ground hard, grimaces. Pain reverberates through his body. He pushes it back. His eyes remain fixed on the group of four, on the vehicle waiting for them.

People stare at him, shocked, confused. What the hell is going on?

He’s up.

They’re opening car doors. They’re diving in.

He’s running.

The car’s moving.

He’s chasing.

Give me strength

<It is.>

He hears the sound of screeching rubber on pavement. He smells it burning. He runs.

The car picks up speed.

So does he. He charges forward. His feet slam hard into the pavement.

He can see them through the back window, their chaos in movement. He can hear their calls, he can see their eyes, how they shift back and forth, fear. The car lurches.

Houses scream by him. His lungs burn. His legs scream. Block gives way to new block. He’s never run so fast in his life.

The car lurches forward, his body pushes harder. It swerves slightly, he matches it. Tires grind on pavement and a running man works to keep up with it.

But the body has its limits, even when it is hyper powered by some kind of water creature.

His whole body begins to ache. Still he pushes on. He begins to lose feeling in his fingers, and his toes. Still he pushes on. His lungs feel like they are breathing hot ash. He coughs. He coughs. His muscles spasm and shake.

So soon the chase began. So soon it ends.

Daniel collapses.

The last thing he sees is the beat up Chevy as it speeds away into the night, a speck of shadow in shadow. Gone. Lost.

But Sharon…she might…

He blacks out.

* * *

It’s late, or early depending on how you looked a it.

And getting less early with each passing moment.

She sits by the curbside, waiting. Her eyes stare down the street, looking in the direction she’d heard he’d run.

It’s been over an hour now. The crowd had long since dispersed. People had stood around by the roadside making guesses as to what it was had happened. She runs the bits and pieces through her head.

“What the fuck was that?”

“I-I think that was Daniel Bates.”

“You sure?”

“No, I mean, it could have been. I mean it all happened so suddenly and the light wasn’t so good, but-“

“So what does that make him? Fucking superman now? I mean, that guy crashes through way up there, hits the ground and runs after a speeding car, and he’s able to actually keep up with the damn thing? You guys got to be making this shit up.”

“But we saw it. We all saw it. Right?”

“I don’t know…”

“Yeah, I don’t know.”

And that was basically how it had gone, lots of conjecture, lots of gossip, but no one able to present anything concrete. And idle curiosity hadn’t been enough to keep them there long.

Her head rests in her hand, staring forward still. She doesn’t know why, but part of her believes the story she hears. She thinks about what happened to her: her friends acting strange, the bathroom, and a lost thirty minutes. It had been a weird night. Somehow a lot more becomes possible when things had already happened that she didn’t understand.

She sits there, waiting, wondering…wondering…wondering why the hell she was sitting there waiting for someone that she wasn’t even sure would be coming back.

Hell, she hadn’t even known where he’d gone.

She can hear the music still blaring from outside.

What the hell was she doing there sitting at the curbside? She was nuts.

She stands up to leave, heading back inside where Carmen was likely making out with one or two other guys. Something about the evening felt spent to her. Even if it was only just past one. It was time, at the very least, for her to get home.

And then almost as if on cue he appears in the distance, like a phantom coming in through the fog, a figure moving under a lone street lamp.

Sharon pauses, her eyes staring off in the distance, waiting.

He sees her, and pauses for a moment, looking towards her.

Sharon sits back down.

Daniel jogs over.

His clothes are different from the ones he had on earlier. She’s sure of it.

“Hey,” he says waving.

Sharon waves back.

He works forward slowly. He stops just in front of her, his eyes shifting towards her. “So…how long have you been waiting here?”

“Long enough, I guess” she says shrugging, “I heard you jumped out of a second story window and chased after a speeding car.”

“Do you believe it?”

She thinks for a second, “Maybe.”

“Yeah…” he says, his voice drifting as he looks around the empty front lawn, “So where’s the crowd?”

“You’ve been gone awhile.”

“And you’ve been waiting here for me?” He says, cocking an eyebrow.

She nods. “What happened in the bathroom? What happened to you?”

He pauses for a second, “I don’t know-“

“Please, don’t try to play dumb, too many weird things have happened this night to me and involving you. You have to know something.”

Daniel turns his back to her, shuffling his feet about on the pavement, his head upward, thinking. His head turns left and right, like a mind in conflict with some other deep thought.

Abruptly he turns around.

He stares into her eyes. She matches them.

Daniel takes a deep breath. “If I tell you,” he begins solemnly, “You’re going to think I’m crazy.”

“I might.”

“Yeah, you might.”

Her eyes continue to look into his, her tone level. “But I’m willing to give it a shot if you are.”

Again his eyes look inward, thinking. He turns up to her, makes to speak, but stops, thinks. Pause.

“Okay…” he begins at last, “Okay, but I have some other questions that I’m going to need answered.”

Sharon nods, “I’ll tell you anything you want to know. Just tell me what you know.”

He nods, “Fair trade, but you are going to think I’m crazy.”

She nods, “Well I guess that’s for me to find out, isn’t it?”

Daniel smiles, bending down and taking a seat next to her on the curbside. His eyes look slowly up the street, staring for a moment before turning back to Sharon. “In order to explain to you what has happened I’m going to have to tell you about this creature first…”

And that was how it began. Sharon just wondered where it would go. Daniel just wondered how it would end.

And Lord only knew what was going to happen next.