The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: The Stillness Within

AN: Do NOT repost on any other site. This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2023.

* * *

It was a beautiful and sunny day, and Tessi had gone for a morning walk. She relied on her morning walks, really. She didn’t have a job at the moment, and going walking each morning was one of the few ways she was able to maintain a routine in her life.

It wasn’t much of a life, she being at her twenty-seventh year, and still without purpose, and without focus. But on days like today, when she could feel the warm sun shining on her body, and the cool breeze brushing her face and through her hair, that was enough— she didn’t care about any of her other problems as long as everything was feeling so nice.

At least she had her boyfriend, Matthew— though he was older than her, in his mid-thirties. But Matthew worked— during the days it was just Tessi, all on her own. And so she went on her walks— and when they were over she sat around the apartment, at home, flipping through books she barely wanted to read, changing channels on the tv, just trying to make the time pass until Matthew came home, with all the ideas he always had for things to do. Then Tessi could just go along with him— someone else could decide, someone else could want.

Tessi moved around the corner of another street— right there, there was a little cafe with a patio and several umbrellad tables that people were sitting at as they ate the lunches they had purchased inside.

Tessi kept walking down the sidewalk, but she’d only just gotten past the corner cafe, was only just moving past the second building in on the block when someone stepped in front of her.

“Hi!” Tessi realized the figure was a woman. Her hair was black, and she was a little shorter than Tessi herself. She was also pretty well-endowed in the chest, and very shapely in the hips.

She was smiling as brightly as the sun shone, smiling that smile right to Tessi. “Do you have a minute to talk?”

Tessi didn’t want to be recruited for whatever this was. But she also wasn’t a very good liar, and she didn’t have anything better to do— or go— all she had planned today was some more aimless wandering— before finally getting home and sitting bored-ly around until Matthew got back from work. It wasn’t going to be much of a day.

There was really no reason for her to avoid this conversation. If nothing else, it would eat up a bit more of her time.

“Yes, I have some time to talk,” Tessi said.

The woman’s smile brightened, if that was possible. “Great! I’m Diona, and I just wanted to tell you that you’ve had a lucky day today! Our new wellness center, The Stillness Within, just opened. We’re letting everyone on the street come in and use all our services for free. Some of these services have a cash value of over thousands of dollars!”

“A wellness center— like a spa?” Tessi asked, frowning, trying to understand.

“Similar to that, yes— but we do more than a typical spa would. We also deal with beauty, with rejuvenation, with exercise— and of course with the search for inner peace and mental relaxation. So that’s why we chose to call ourselves a wellness center— we just do so much more. Spa wasn’t a broad enough term.”

Maybe this really was a lucky day for Tessi— all of this was sounding pretty good. Essentially a free spa package— maybe even more than a regular spa would give her.

It would certainly be a better way to spend her day than if she sat at home waiting for Matthew— normally she couldn’t do much on her walks because she didn’t really have any money— but if this really was free, she could actually do something— she’d have something to tell Matthew about when she got home today. For once, she could tell him she’d been in some way productive, that she’d had some kind of experience all on her own, there’d been something she could provide to herself— and without spending anything.

But Tessi was wary. Surely there would be some kind of hidden cost? Surely they would try to start charging her once she was inside and it would be inconvenient or downright uncomfortable to leave?

“This is just a hook, right? There’s some fineprint you’re not telling me. Only part of the experience is free, and you’ll start charging me once it’s too late for me to back out of it.”

Diona shook her head. “No, everything is completely free, we promise it. Why don’t you come inside and take advantage?”

Tessi looked aside, to the building they were standing in front of. The awning over the large front window did bear the name “The Stillness Within.”

“If it really is free…” Tessi said, still a touch reluctant. Something about this seemed like it was just too good to be real— reality didn’t have things like this, things that were this lucky, things that could make her this happy. She couldn’t trust it.

She looked back at Diona. “If it really is free, then I’ll take advantage. But if someone tries to charge me once I’m in there, I’m going to leave, and I’m going to run the biggest boycott and smear campaign you’ve ever seen. I don’t have a job, so I can spend all my time badmouthing your business.”

It almost sounded fun actually. It would be a good time, having a nemesis— her focus could be focused hatred and rage. It would absolutely occupy her days. She almost wished for the opportunity to hate that much— to carry it out.

But Diona didn’t seem threatened. She smiled patiently back at Tessi. “It’s alright,” she said. “I know you said all that because you felt that you needed to protect yourself. But there’s nothing to protect yourself from. No one will charge you— you can just come inside with me, and enjoy what happens.”

Tessi drew in a breath, waiting for one more second. She had put up such a hostile exterior, put on such a hostile affect to try and make sure no one would do wrong by her. It was nice to hear that no one would, even if she couldn’t necessarily believe that yet.

One more second of waiting, then a terse nod. “Okay,” Tessi said, and Diona turned to walk up to the door which led into the wellness center.

Tessi followed her.

The frontroom did look very spa-like; all the colors were neutral earthtones, and everything was very bright. There was peaceful instrumental music playing, which seemed to work a variety of nature sounds in— there was a small fountain on a table in front of the frontdesk, so the sound of trickling water was constant, and all of the waitingroom chairs looked like the softest, most comfortable armchairs in the world.

Diona walked Tessi right up to the desk. The receptionist was wearing a smile as bright as the sunshine, too.

“Another client interested in taking advantage of our special offer,” Diona explained. She had one arm along the raised platform above the lowerlevel of the desk, and she was resting her weight on it there— it was a functional ledge.

“Sure!” Came the receptionist’s chipper reply. “We have a variety of packages that we offer, so why don’t you take a look?”

A large binder was set up on the raised platform. It was positioned at a convenient location for a standing client— sitting at about chest height, which made for much easier reading.

Tessi opened the binder— her eyes were scanning multiple titles, each one naming a distinct package, but she didn’t really know what she was looking for. She let herself keeping scanning even though she wasn’t retaining anything. She felt a bit stuck, a bit like she didn’t know what she was doing— so she kept going with the rote motion, to keep herself occupied, to make things a little less embarrassing. As long as she was turning pages, no one had to know she was completely outside her expertise and knowledge.

“If I can make a recommendation,” Diona said after a minute. She reached over, for the binder, and so Tessi stopped turning pages for a moment.

She seized hold of a stack of unturned pages, and put the entire thing over to the opposite side of the three-ring in the center, leaving only one page unturned.

She pointed at the option which was at the bottom of it.

“This is our most expensive package,” she said. “It’s really a full pampering— and most of our off-the-street clients would never have been able to afford it normally, not at any point in their lives— it’s really a shame to pass it up, because it’s otherwise virtually inaccessible to a majority of the population.”

Tessi’s eyes bulged when she saw the price printed beside it.

“One hundred thousand dollars?” Tessi echoed stupidly— echoed her own reading of the line externally as she heard it in her head.

She looked at the title which Diona’s fingers were still indicating.

“Total Relaxation Package,” she read.

“It’s really something like a once-in-a-lifetime chance,” Diona said, finally taking her hand away.

It definitely was. Tessi couldn’t even imagine having one hundred thousand dollars— let alone holding it in her hands, letting alone paying it to someone for a short-term experience.

She looked back up to the receptionist. “I’ll take that one, please.”

The receptionist had never stopped smiling. “You won’t be sorry,” she said, then did some typing on her keyboard, looking back at her computer screen.

“It’s a very scheduled package,” Diona said, putting an arm around Tessi and walking her away from the desk— walking towards that hallway that extended back into the building. “But you don’t have to worry about that— everything will be taken care of for you.

“You’ll be taken where you need to go when you need to go there— I wish I could be the one to take you, but I’m needed out on the street. I’ll just take you to your first stop, and someone else will take you place to place. Just relax, and don’t worry about everything. We’re very well organized here, you’ll always end up where you need to be.”

They had gone some length down the hall.

“What’s my first stop?” Tessi was already alarmed at the thought of not seeing Diona after this— she had no idea what was about to happen to her; nothing about the package had been explained— it would have been comforting to think there was a familiar face to anchor on, appearing between each wellness session— though maybe she would still have that, and the face of her guide would only be a stranger’s face the first time.

But it probably was too much to expect Diona to abandon the responsibilities of her job just so she could walk Tessi around.

“First stop is the sauna,” Diona said. “And here it is!”

In contrast to the neat and neutral hallway, the door was rustic, made of aligned horizontal wooden doors, with two boards, one a quarter of the way from the top and the other a quarter of the way from the bottom, each one nailed crossways, going vertical to all the other horizontals.

There was a sign on the door that said, “Sauna.”

“Do I just go in wearing my clothes?” Tessi’s confusion was clear in her voice.

“No, silly,” Diona laughed. “Just strip down out here in the hallway, and I’ll take care of your clothes for you— I’ll make sure they end up where they need to be, too.”

Tessi looked around the hallway. They had gone far enough, and the hallway had weaved and twisted enough that the lobby wasn’t visible anymore from here. And for now there was no one else in the hallway at any point, no one else to see.

Tessi was still reluctant to undress. Diona was familiar to look at, but that didn’t change the fact that Tessi didn’t really know her. It was a good thing after all, maybe, that she wouldn’t be seeing Diona after this. She wouldn’t have to be reminded of the fact that the other woman knew how she looked naked.

But for now she still didn’t want to just strip off out here.

“I don’t want—”

Diona sighed. “You can’t wear your clothes inside there. We use a special kind of steam, it’s very high-powered, and it will ruin anything you try to wear. And as I told you, this is a scheduled packaged. You’re due to be in their a set amount of time. It’s necessary, if you want to achieve inner stillness— and as a subscriber to our Total Relaxation Package, inner stillness is our guarantee to you, and we must deliver. You’re delaying everything, jeopardizing your own treatment outcome, and you’ll be late to your next session after this one, and—”

“Alright!” Tessi snapped, annoyedly. Diona had seemed to have endless words— as if her head was stuffed full of jargon, internalized, memorized policies from her employer. She could have just gone on with more criticisms, and Tessi had more than had enough of listening to them. It would be easier to strip than to stand there being argued at.

She pulled her top off, and then her skirt, and then her underwear.

She was standing in front of Diona naked.

But it was okay, she told herself. Diona was seeing her now, but Diona was a transient thing, something she was passing by in her day, someone who wouldn’t see her again, someone whose eyes she would never have to look into again, never look into again and see that this image of her nakedness was remembered.

Diona reached past her to take hold of the bar that functioned as a handle on the door. It was curved at its beginning, and its end, and it wasn’t very long, but otherwise, it was a straight, black line of metal.

Diona smiled at her. “Enjoy your time at our wellness center. We hope you will find the stillness within.”

She pulled the door open.

Inside the room it was dark and Tessi saw nothing. Something in her gut twisted and she knew she did not want to go inside. The faint dread she felt was telling her that bad things were going to happen inside.

But there was a hand placed firmly between her shoulder blades, and she didn’t get to make the decision. Force exerted itself through that hand, and she was pushed forward into the dark.

The door closed behind her a second later.

It was dark, and she still couldn’t see— but by feel alone, she turned herself around, and her hands scrabbled over the door, looking for the handle or knob that had to be on the internal side of it— she suddenly didn’t care if this package was free anymore, she didn’t want to go through with it. She was going to open the door, go back to the frontdesk, and cancel— and then she was going to go outside, and go home.

If they wouldn’t give her her clothes back, too bad— she’d walk outside naked, and if she got picked up by law enforcement for public indecency in the time it took her to get home, all the better for her. It would save her having to make a trip to the police station to report this place.

Her hands scrabbled against the woodplanks in the door. Was she overreacting? So far, nothing truly illegal had happened— only something a little weird. But she couldn’t worry too seriously about overreaction. It seemed the second she was plunged into a dark unknown she lost all sense of calm and rational proportion— she was so afraid now, that even no crime having been broken, she felt she would be justified in going to the police— she wanted The Stillness Within to pay— she wanted revenge.

Maybe there was a little twinge of shame. Only some darkness, and she was reduced to something this hysterical, this frightened? But all she could think about was getting out of the dark— she didn’t like it— this wasn’t what she’d agreed to— she just need to open the door and—

“There’s no handle from the inside,” another woman’s voice spoke.

Tessi felt her way into turning around again, facing toward the origin of that voice, but the darkness did not recede at any point of the room— it was holding the other women hidden in its captivity, and it wasn’t giving her up for Tessi’s eyes to see.

“How long have you been in here?” Tessi asked.

“Only about five minutes longer than you,” the woman said. “They told me about this on the street— I came in for a free treatment— then I saw the Total Relaxation Package, so I chose to have that one— then they brought me here, made me strip in the hallway. I felt all over that door. It can only be opened from the outside.”

“What’s your name?” Tessi asked.

“Rayne,” Rayne responded, now named in Tessi’s mind.

“Rayne.” Tessi felt the name around in her mouth. She liked the sound of it, was starting to like the woman it belonged to also.

“Well, Rayne. The exact same thing happened to me. And I’m Tessi.”

“I’d say nice to meet you, but I don’t much like our circumstances. Nothing about this is nice.”

“No,” Tessi agreed. “It’s not.”

That was why she hated it so much, really. It was just too dark in here. Not dark like someone had turned the lights off, dark like somehow all light had been sucked out the room forever, by some advanced means. She decided not to judge herself too harshly for her panicked response. The darkness in here was primal. And it shouldn’t have been possible to create. It was the kind of darkness that was only supposed to result far away from civilization, the kind of darkness that light pollution eliminated, nearly drove from the face of the earth.

And it was here. It reached to something in Tessi’s mind that had once been more animal— something in all humans that had once been more animal. And what it touched there responded in blind terror— waited for some unknown danger to emerge from the dark, gnashed its teeth at its own inability to defend itself.

She wondered if Rayne was feeling the same thing inside of herself.

“You may as well sit down,” Rayne said, after a minute. “I don’t know how long this session is going to be, but even if it only ends up being half an hour, it’s going to become really uncomfortable for you if you stay standing.

Tessi could see the logic in that reasoning. She felt with her hands again— along the wall beside the door, to the corner, and then along the next well over— after a few seconds of reaching, it became almost impossible to reach the wall any longer without seriously overextending her arms— something was in her way, obstacling her, and so instead Tessi felt downwards— there was a secondlevel bench, but Tessi didn’t want to think about the mechanics of stepping up to it in the dark.

She kept feeling down, until she reached the firstlevel bench, the one which was at natural sitting height for a person. She turned around, crouching until she could feel it under her hands, and keeping a feel for it the whole time, she lowered herself to sit.

The whole experience had been a lot more difficult than it needed to be, since she’d done it all blind. And thinking now— Rayne’s voice had sounded to be a bit level with the space above her head— Rayne must have climbed up to the second level— that made Tessi impressed with her.

But Tessi’s sitting down seemed to have triggered something in the room. There was a low humming sound, suddenly— and then in all four corners of the room, and the very center of the floor, things started to glow red.

It painted the shadows of the space in that red color, but even where things were not lit by pockets of color, everything around took on a dim, hazy character.

Tessi could see around the room now. The benches were around the sauna on three walls— the wall with the door had no bench on it— but the other three walls did.

None of the benches connected in the corners, since there were grates there that coals sat inside of— so four of them. And centered between the three benches, set in the floor, there was another grate, with more coals behind it.

Tessi could feel the heat in the room rising. She wondered if the coals were synthetic— she wondered how else they could have all been lit up at once, without anyone coming in to do anything to them.

Then there was a hissing sound, of water emerging from places unseen, and pouring onto each set of coals— that brought the steam.

It rose in thick clouds— five distinct ones at first, but then as it started to drift through the room, it mingled. Then it was just one large cloud.

The gnashing animal thing inside was a little relaxed— the darkness had been interrupted, it had been stopped— it was possible to see a little— at least in the places where the steam was thinner. It was so heavy in some parts that it almost looked like mist.

Tessi wondered how long the session would really be. Thirty minutes was probably too short— it was more likely to be an hour or two long— or at least an hour and a half long. She could feel the heat enveloping her skin— her eyes tracked the steam for something to do— she could feel the beginnings of beads of sweat starting to form on her skin— she could feel the heat almost inside her lungs— so warm— so sweat-inducing— it was making her head a little foggy.

Actually, yes— she was getting lightheaded. That was why she didn’t know if she could trust it when she started to see things— her eyes followed the steam, and in places, it seemed to sparkle.

Tessi told herself steam couldn’t do that. It couldn’t sparkle.

But now it seemed there were veins of color appearing in the mist— there, a winding line of indigo wound, carried on the cloud but looking like a part of it.

To the other side, far to the left, there was a vein of silver. Closer to the ground, but still above the grate, a vein of pink.

Everywhere Tessi looked, there seemed to be another line like that, just… winding— each one looking like a living, moving snake— thin, but there— Tessi’s eyes arrived on an emerald one— she decided to follow it with her vision for a while to see where it would go.

It wound up— it chased its own tail— then its tail seemed to chase its front, then it would down— it moved constantly, but never seemed to make much progress. It would get far in one direction, and then end up doubling back, winding over itself.

Tessi found herself getting annoyed. It would have provided some kind of relief to see progress made— but the constant winding and twisting back— it wasn’t helping her lightheaded feeling. It seemed to be making it worse.

“Hey, you stupid snake!” Tessi shouted— dimly, something in the back of her head told her she was being nonsensical. It couldn’t really hear her, there was nothing else living in this room except Rayne— but she was dizzy from the heat, from the way her sweat felt as it burst through her skin— almost swooning as she sat there, and it was so hard to listen to that distant part of her own mind that seemed to have a grip on reality.

“Stop going in circles!” She shouted at the vein of moving emerald— but it kept inexorably twisting itself, shifting, twisting again.

The steam glittered. There seemed a vein of color everywhere looked— and behind it all she could still see the pockets of red glowing, in the corners and beneath the floor, whenever the steam shifted enough to window her view onto them.

But there weren’t only veins of moving color now— there were, in some spots, clouds over the existing cloud— a cloud of teal, a cloud of orange, a cloud of red— when Tessi looked through those clouds, the windows they opened in themselves only revealed that white mist behind, with the veins of color moving inside of it.

It was hurting Tessi’s head— to see the winding snakes, to see the layers of cloud over cloud— her mind kept trying to find something solid, something not constantly moving— even when she found a patch of white mist, the regular steam— (or not so regular? was steam supposed to be colored at all? was it supposed to be so thick it looked like a cloud? Tessi couldn’t remember.) yes, even when she found the unveined steam, the unlayered steam, just the way it moved seemed to disorientate the whole room. Tessi felt like her head was turning constantly— the sauna swooped.

And there was frustration in her. She felt that same drive for progression— something needed to happen— maybe something even needed to happen to her, but what? It was as obscured from her understanding as the base cloud was when a cloud of color moved before it— she could not see through either— the situation, to understand the significance of it— or the clouds of color, to see the underlying fogginess.

She was sitting, panting desperately now— if something would only tell her— couldn’t something only tell her— if she only knew what was expected of her, what she was supposed to do— she would do anything to get that feeling of progression, to see something move forward, instead of observing how everything was stuck in the same place, lapping over itself, entwining in an endless pattern but getting nowhere.

There was a clicking sound— Tessi realized the door to the sauna had been opened.

“Ladies,” a man’s voice called in— a very soft, calming voice it was, too. “Your session’s up. Please come out into the hall.

There was light intruding on the entire confusion of the room— streaming in through a door that was being held open.

Tessi panted. Her head still felt funny. And it had been so hard to sit down, but even though there was now so much hidden by the “steam,” she found it easy to stand. Standing was progression— everything in her had been desperate to do it.

A moment later, she and Rayne were standing in the hallway— and she could actually see what the other woman looked like a bit.

She had a flat, symmetrical face— her hair was a pale brownish color, kept clipped short, but still falling softly to frame her face— she stood maybe only two inches or so taller than Tessi, but her body was a little wider. She was naked like Tessi was.

But the two of them weren’t the only ones in the hallway— there were two men there; Tessi had arrived at standing basically across from one of them— he was probably five inches taller than Tessi— his hair was blonde, his shoulders set apart, and from the kind, welcoming expression on his face, Tessi imagined he was the one who had called out into the sauna.

The other man was much shorter— his hair was dark— and he had a bit of a squat figure— this was the man that Rayne had ended up standing in front of. And since she was slightly taller than Tessi, she was much taller than the man she was opposite. They looked a bit comical next to each other.

Tessi’s mind was trying to wake up. Trying to come back from sluggishness— there was something wrong with— she should care that she was standing here in the hallway. That both men could see the way the sweat was pouring down her— that both men could see her naked breasts, her naked pussy— she should care about that? Why didn’t she? How could she start caring again?

She didn’t have anymore time to worry about it, because the blonde man smiled brightly at her, and parted his lips to speak.

“I’m Joel,” he said. “And I’ll be your guide through your stay here.”

He looked aside from Tessi to Rayne— “And Rayne,” he said, “this is Blake. He’ll be your guide.”

Tessi’s mind caught up to what this meant— there was a guide for each one of them, separately. That meant they weren’t going to the same place. That meant they were going to be separated.

Tessi felt that gnashing-animal feeling in her chest again. She was really starting to hate this place. They kept giving her people to become comfortable around— and then ripping those people away from her, before she could come to rely on her presence. If Diona could have been the one to come back and get her— she would feel a little less stranded. If she and Rayne could go on to the next session and do it together— she would feel less stranded still.

But no. Every person Tessi even lightly attached too was taken away from her.

At least this place seemed to be giving her Joel— if he was her guide, that surely must mean he would stick with her the entire time? The manner in which he was still smiling openly at her seemed to confirm this, but to Tessi, Joel seemed like a poor consolation for losing Diona, and now Rayne. She didn’t have the appreciation she’d had for Diona for him— Diona helping her, giving her an opportunity, guiding her through the selection process, walking her where she needed to go.

And she didn’t have the camaraderie she had for Rayne for him— the two of them facing a strange situation together and in some way trying to make sense of it as a pair. She would have traded Joel for Diona or traded Joel for Rayne— but he seemed like the one she was stuck with.

Joel clasped his hands together, running hand over hand eagerly, looking between the three other people in the hall. “Do we all understand the state of things?”

Tessi’s mind was still cloudy. She tried to remember how to nod.

Rayne had more luck— she made a clear nod, and that seemed good enough for Joel.

“Perfect,” Joel said, dropping his hands again. “Then, Rayne, just follow Blake and he’ll take you on to your next session. And Tessi, you stick with me. I’ll take you on to yours.”

With a wistful look back over her shoulder, she watched as Blake started walking the opposite way down the hall, Rayne trailing after him. She was alone with a stranger again, about to walk into further unknowns and hidden experiences.

“Come on Tessi,” Joel invited, cheerfully. He had turned and started walking up the hallway— further in the direction Diona had led Tessi at first, moving past the sauna and beyond it.

Tessi followed after Joel, down the hallway. It twisted and wound some more, and as Tessi found her body following the natural curves of it, she saw those veins of color, the colorsnakes weaving through the mist again— the hallway seemed suddenly interminable, and she was a color snake— winding through mist, advancing, but never really getting anywhere, always doubling back, always curving over herself.

At last Joel opened a door— this stopped Tessi from watching her internal experience happen. For it had been a thing happening to her— she had felt that same feeling— a desperation for progression, a desire to escape that motionless, observing feeling. But now at least that something had happen to disrupt the current establishment of things, there was something to distract her, something that pulled her out of that.

She went through the door when Joel looked at her expectantly. Inside, the room was brightly light— a nice change after the sauna— but it was small. There was a massagetable in the center of it, and the wall in front of it seemed only to be a screen— it was not clear that it was even a structure, because everything that was there supporting the room and holding it up was behind that glossy blackness.

“Get on the table, Tessi,” Joel said, shutting the door in such a way that Tessi felt a sense of finality in her heart.

She… didn’t want to. She’d felt this way when she’d been told to remove her clothes. She’d done that… and that had been… bad. She’d felt… something… about being naked, about not having her clothes anymore— had she wanted to call the police over it? Her thoughts and memories were muddy… no, that didn’t seem right…

But regardless, she had the vague sense that things had not gone well for her the last time that she’d gone along with what someone had asked her to do, so she wasn’t keen to make that mistake again.

Her mind was still remembering Diona fondly, however— not having put together that she was the origin of that request.

Joel clucked his tongue. “Don’t just stand there, Tessi. Come on, now. Lie down on your stomach on the table. It’s time for your massage.”

Tessi shook her head. “No, I… I don’t want…”

She’d had a plan before. What had it been? Something that would make all of this stop— something that would get her out of here. What was she supposed to be doing.

“You’re all confused after absorbing all that heat and steam—”

Had there been something in the steam? Tessi hadn’t thought of that before. Had the colors she’d seen done more than just provide a visual?

Had they ever really been there at all?

She gripped her head with both hands. Everything was confusing and it didn’t make sense.

“What am I supposed to do,” she muttered, struggling for something to catch hold of.

“You’re supposed to get on the table,” Joel said. “It’s very comfortable, and padded. And you’re so tired after sweating so much— that’s why your mind is all jumbled. Just get on the table. You’ll feel better.”

Yes… that seemed… that seemed…

Tessi didn’t know what that seemed like, but she seemed to have run out of protestations, and also of time, because Joel’s hands were on her arms, steering her.

He made her step forwards to the table. Her body responding automatically once she was there— she lifted herself up to it, then flopped on her stomach— her chin was in the indented chinrest that was built into the padding, staring straight ahead at the screenwall in front of her.

Joel moved her hair over her shoulder so it was just piled to the side of her cheek. Her back was completely naked.

“I’m going to put some massage lotion on you now,” Joel explained— Tessi stared ahead at the empty screen. Stared ahead at blankness. She wasn’t moving— she was still— it was the feeling she kept trying to progress away from, which she now just had to sit inside herself an observe. It was just there in her chest. The stillness… hadn’t the establishment as a whole promised this to her? But why would anyone ever want to feel like this? This still, this motionless? It made her feel trapped. She wanted progression— she felt like a snake writhing backwards over its own tail again— something lost in mist and never moving forwards.

There was the clicking sound of a bottlecap opening— then the sound of Joel’s hands rubbing together— and then she felt both hands touching down on her back.

“Oh,” she exhaled— in surprise— because she could feel the lotion— like it was something tangible— it was— it felt the same as that steam— steam or mist whatever it had been— she imagined it spreading onto her back under Joel’s hands right now, imagined those veins of color moving on her. That endless motion that never arrived anywhere— that was what he was spreading on her— and it trapped her with the feeling that was already lodged in her.

The stillness— it had been in the snakes all along— because they had moved but always around the same orbit, in the same sphere— the stillness had been under their ever varying pattern like a cloud under the layer of another cloud— she could feel more of the lotion on her skin, thick and creamy— it hummed to her brain— she felt the same dizziness, the same lightheadedness she’d felt in the sauna— it was entering her through her skin, it was directly on her skin. So she could be sure if what she saw next was actually real— but it was the next experience she had.

Three more screens came down, or at least, that was Tessi’s best guess. There were no walls in the room anymore, only four screens— surrounding her— and her head had to stare forward— and then color illuminated all of them in the same way at the same time— those myriad veins of color in disparate splotches, here in this section, there in that— and they all moved with the motion of the lotion that was being slathered onto her— with the motion of Joel’s hands, which seemed to reach even deeper than her muscles to pull something up to her surface.

And then— it seemed the four screens were one connected circular thing— because to Tessi’s eyes, they seemed to spin— all four of them joined now, and spinning around her, spinning along the walls, never stopping their motion— but she was the stillness inside them, the one fixed thing in their center as they moved, just as the feeling in her chest was the one fixed thing inside her, no matter how Joel’s hands moved, no matter how the lotion hummed her brain, no matter how the veins of color moved on her skin or on the screen.

Everything was blurred with motion— it was impossible to follow anything with her eyes, because the screens were physically moving— one second a vein of color was there in the blur, and in the next, it was something else. This was a progression that trapped her— a progression that got her nowhere.

Had the room gotten bigger since her entry? The floor seemed to open, and three things on long poles came up— two on either side of the table— one directly in front of her, so she could see what it was, the circuitry of its metal.

It looked like a heat lamp— the circuits of it glowed, and her body was shuddered, triggered to sweat by the sudden heat. Some part of her remembered the sauna— she could feel beads rising up again— she was getting so hot and warm and sleepy— the screens spun, streaking colors, hands moved over her skin— her whole body hummed with the hum that the lotion was putting in her brain— her eyes stared— and something was becoming clear to her.

This treatment wanted something from her. It wanted her to be still, she thought groggily— but for a reason— it wanted her still, because it wanted her mind still forever— it wanted her compliant, it wanted her— yes… she could feel the heat in her body taking on a distinctly erotic tinge— the pole in front of her didn’t seem to make a difference, her eyes were still sliding along with the colors, seeking familiarity— if there could only be one anchor, if there could have been Diona, or Rayne, or now, if there could be one vein of color that her eyes could stay with— instead she kept being taken to a new part of the rotating screen— it kept turning— she was sweating, her mind was thick from the heat— she was dizzy, her head was at once dense and too light, she felt like she was spinning but she felt that solidness, that stillness inside.

The disorientation was meant to bond her inside to the feeling that she resented. Showing her that feeling was the only thing that was constant— that it was inside her all the time, waiting for her to— yes— give into it. They wanted her mind gone, she understood that now— that wanted her to only be a body— and because of the arousal she could pooling in every part of hers, she knew what they wanted her body used for. They were trying to turn her into a piece of fuckmeat— that was all they wanted from her, that was what they wanted to make her.

It did have some effect on her, though probably not the effect they intended or would have wanted to see happen. It made a feeling of anger rise up in. No. No, she would not be fuckmeat. She didn’t care if the only thing they were letting her keep was that still feeling… that still feeling which, if she only embraced it— would erase her fully— she didn’t care. She was never going to be their fuckmeat, never going to be a toy for them, never going to get in.

She couldn’t move— couldn’t look away or stop seeing the colors. But it didn’t bother her. They could treat her all they liked. She was never going to give in. She was settled into a firm certainty. There would be no changing her mind from it.

It was easier now, actually. Now that she knew what she was actually fighting. Before, she had just known that things felt off to her, and so she had struggled vaguely against that. But now there was something concrete to resist— something definite to hate. And she could hold onto that instead of the feeling of stillness they were trying to tether her to.

It didn’t change the fact of her arousal, however. There was so much of that inside her— the competence of Joel’s hands, pulling and touching at muscle after muscle— even sometimes getting into the flesh of her ass, sometimes getting into her shoulder blades. It was digging her more deep— and she could feel the heat lamps burning their heat onto her skin, felt her body giving sweat back in response— the room was so humid. Something in her mind whispered— she was sweating out disobedience, but she didn’t believe it. Her resolute certainty had never shifted.

It did upset her, though— this processing of her, this processing of her into fuckmeat— it had started happening to her even in the sauna before she had even known what it was— before she’d even known that anything was happening to her. It didn’t seem fair at all.

Finally the screen stopped spinning— her whole body was fogged with the humidity and the arousal— the treatment could work only so far, and then it wouldn’t have its final effect. She may have felt a bit mentally addled— but she knew she was still Tessi. She knew what they were trying to do to her— that made her stronger— and she knew that she was still Tessi.

Joel stepped back from the table— the heatlamps disappeared back into the floor— three of the screen disappeared again, leaving three normal walls and one screenwall in front of the table.

“Let me help you up,” Joel said, and then Tessi was being handled up.

She felt suddenly the need to burst out. “You can’t make me,” and she wasn’t talking about standing up. “You all want to make me into some kind of sextoy— but you can’t make me, I’ll never let myself be changed— I’ll always be Tessi, I’m still Tessi!”

Joel had put one of Tessi’s arms over his shoulder. His other hand was supporting her lowerback.

He smiled indulgently at her. “We may not have gotten fully into your mind yet, but we’re making good progress on your body.”

His other hand was between her thighs suddenly.

“Look at this slutpussy,” he said, happily. “Just drooling for orgasm. I think you’ll appreciate our next session very much.”

He made her put her weight onto the arm that was over his shoulder— leading into him, making his clean, light clothing sweatstained.

Her legs were shaking from the arousal— she probably wouldn’t have been able to walk any other way.

Her consciousness drifted as she walked, leaning onto him. Later on they reached another room.

The floor seemed to be slightly padded. At least it felt a bit cushioned against her feet, though the floor was otherwise flat.

Joel steered her into the room— her mind was still free but she could see the truth in what she remembered Joel saying before. The pleasure weakened her, seemed to control her. It made her need to hang off his body, unable to stand on her own— and it made it so that she didn’t try to fight, didn’t try to stop him from moving her.

He took her to the center of the room, and as he had before guided her onto the massage table, now guided her down to lie on her back in the center of the floor.

What even was the purpose of this room? There was nothing in here, except her body, since it had been introduced to the space.

The floor beside her opened— as the floor in the other room had brought up the heatlamps— she was lying on her back so she had to crane to see— Joel had picked up what the floor had produced with its opening.

Tessi frowned. It was— large— whatever it was— it looked like a huge… slug, for want of a better word— yet it was clearly solid, clearly hard— it did not have soft edges, it was not slimy. And it was so large — nearly the size of Joel’s torso— only not quite.

And Joel saw to everything with that calm patience— moving things, arranging them so they were just as they needed to be— like she needed this to happen to her, her mind whispered, and she threw the thought away from herself. No, she didn’t need this to happen to her— didn’t need— he held the thing with both hands, because its size was so unwieldy— it was a deep brown color— it had almost a shine to it, kept nearly polish.

Joel used a knee to kick Tessi’s legs apart— something twisted in her gut, and she thought it was fear— he was extending it towards her— then he set it on her body— a portion of it rested against her stomach— a portion of it completely against her pussy— slutpussy, her mind whispered to her, as Joel had said— she shoved the thought away from herself— and a portion of it overhanging her, extending into the air. It was so long.

Where it was against her body, it covered her completely. She could not see any part of herself from her navel down— could not see her hips, could not see her (slutpussy) — pussy, she firmly corrected again— could not see her thighs, the tops of her legs, either— and it was a heavy thing.

Joel leaned back, once he had the thing situated on her. He let his hands rest on his upperlegs. “I’ll come get you in a while, when you’re ready for your next session,” he told her, brightly.

Then he raised a hand, and tapped the thing that was lying on her— starting it up— then he must have stood, left the room, and closed the door, but Tessi couldn’t even notice that. Because the thing, whatever it was, had started.

It had come to life, and so horribly too. First, she felt two— two— what even were they? They had come out the underside, one attaching to each labia with something sticky— this pulled the thing even tighter, even closer to her. She could feel the solid slug digging into her body in all places now that it was holding itself to her— a few more similar extensions stuck themselves to her below the navel, at the hips— the thing was conforming to her, it was forcing her body to dent in from its solidity, from its weight.

It was even digging into the bones of her pelvis— she could feel its presence also in her clit— and where it dug in below her navel, it dug also into her uterus— Tessi grabbed at it with her hands, trying to pull the thing off of her— if she could just get it off, then she could sit or lie here triumphant until Joel came back— untreated, unaffected, undisturbed— but the thing was practically sealed to her, she could not inject any space between herself and it.

She pulled harder, but the solid slug did not move.

At least, it did not move away from her. Instead, it started to vibrate.

Tessi let out a shriek of surprise that was completely unintentional. She hadn’t expected it to do that— and it felt thrumming— the vibration was deep. She felt it in the bones of her hips— felt it in the bones of her pelvis, felt it into the backwall of her uterus— it shook her entire body— it shook in the air where it overhung her, but because of the way that the thing was latched onto her, that slug never slid further into its overhang, never shifted so as to fall off of her.

She felt it thrumming. She felt it throbbing. She twisted on the floor to try and get out from under it. “No!” she shouted— but the weight of it was so heavy she could not turn her body— she could not even move it. It was effectively keeping her pinned down in place— sticking her where she lay, digging into her, and then vibrating.

Slutpussy, her mind thought for her again— Tessi was too disoriented by the thrumming to push the thought away again, though she wanted to. Her pussy had been so wet and aching, and now that there was such a force asserting against it— it was reveling in the pressure. The vibration could be felt in the lips of it— against the entrance of it— and in her womb, which it led to— if she had been stuck with a dildo, she could not have been so satisfied— a dildo could not have touched her in so many places at once— even inside the bones of her hips— she was shuddering against the weight on her, breathing with difficulty— the ache inside was shifting, was transforming into something that curled, something that felt gentle, something that felt easing— it dragged her back to the thing sitting in her chest. The stillness that had never left.

And was the slug emitting a hum, alongside the physical thrum it produced? She thought she could hear something in the background— like a murmuring of tone, a soft sonality— her mind seemed to soak in it— and now there was a beat to the way the solid slug thrummed into her— thrummmm THRUMMM… thrummmm THRUMMM… each instance of it seemed to linger, each instance of it seemed to drag— Tessi’s chest was heaving— it was taking so much from her body to have to cope with all of this— she twisted, but only her upperbody moved— thrummmm THRUMMMM, and her mind was taking in that background humming— it was the only other sound in the room, and even over her labored breathing, she could still hear it.

The hum seemed to make her mind think new thoughts. She had a slutpussy— it controlled her body now, and all it wanted to do was fuck— it took her mind and made it a toy— it made all of her a toy. She was a doll— she only wanted to fuck, to express sexually, to feel orgasm— she wanted to please sexually— she was fuckmeat, it was what she was meant for, meant to be, meant to do—

“No, I’m not—” Tessi said, weakly. “I’m a person, I’m a person, I’m a— AGHHHHH!”

As if it had registered her words of resistance, the solid slug increased its thrumming twofold. It was twice as intense now than it had been before— THRUMMMMMMM THRUMMMMMM, THRUMMMMM THRUMMMMM— and Tessi’s body couldn’t resist it— there was too much pressure, the bonedeep vibrations were too powerful, she could feel them through her entire uterus, could feel them through the entirety of each labia, could feel them up through the channel of her entrance, could feel them in its ring— everywhere, too much, too deep, too strong— the weight pressing down on her only amplifying it all— suddenly, she was orgasming, and orgasming hard— she was doing it because that was what her slutpussy did, that was all it did, what it was meant to do—

Once the orgasm started, it didn’t stop. Tessi couldn’t seem to make her mouth close— it was working in motion through her pleasure— she felt drool running out of her— the orgasm grew stronger— Tessi’s eyes rolled back up into her head, and she couldn’t see anything, couldn’t see anything at all but the pleasure— she was convulsing hard against the ground, THRUMMMM THRUMMMM— the humming had gotten louder, but her mind couldn’t track it— she was cumming, and cumming, and she couldn’t think about anything, because every time she tried, she found the orgasm was still there. It silenced her. It caught her.

It stilled her, and was the stillness.

After a long time, the thrumming stopped. Tessi wasn’t aware of it. Her eyes had stayed rolled up inside her head— her body was still shaking in orgasm even as the solid slug released her, unsticking, unsealing— even as it was removed from her, and she was unaware of it.

She was directed up into sitting— and then two hands were on her shoulders, and she was being physically shaken, shaken hard.

It seemed to shake her eyes unstuck— they rolled back down, so she could see the room again— her head was more cloudy than it had been after the sauna, and more cloudy than it had been after the massage, but the shaking, now that it had unstuck her eyes, was still having a continuing effect on her. Now, it was shaking clarity into her head— waking something up in her that had been sleeping.

Tessi blinked, and saw that Joel was the one who was shaking her.

He recognized the light of recognition when it came into her eyes, and stopped shaking her. He kept holding her shoulders, though.

“Nice to see you back again,” he said, friendly-mannered, like he hadn’t been the one to leave her in here, the one who had indirectly made sure that she would go away. “You have another session now.”

Tessi wanted to sob. Wouldn’t it ever stop? Couldn’t it? She’d already been through so much… she didn’t want to be a doll… didn’t want to be fuckmeat… didn’t want to be a toy. But she was just being taken from session to session— and each session was making her more like one. The treatment was starting to have its effect. She’d been naive before. She’d thought her resolution, her certainty would be enough.

But now she thought that the solid slug had blasted it right out of her— she had not been able to keep resisting— it had literally been meant to stop her resistance, and it hadn’t mattered how much she’d wanted to resist— the solid slug had been designed to stop her resistance, and it had.

Would the next session stop her resistance too? Or would it send it away forever?

“No need to cry, Tessi,” Joel said, shaking his head. “This treatment is meant to make you happy— in the end that’s what you will be— happy— so why not set the sadness aside and start being happy now?”

Tessi shook her head, still crying with her eyes closed. That slug— with the physical sensations it had controlled her— but with the hum of sound it had put out— it had started controlling her mind— like Joel had said would happen, like Joel had said the goal was— Joel— Joel— for now everything seemed to relate back to him—

“Tessi,” he said gently. “This brainwashing is for your own good. You need to be hypnotized— you should want us to do it to you, it makes you into what you’re meant to be. But come along to your next session. You’ll understand better.”

She was still sniffling and crying, but— she hated the way Joel could speak so gently to her, so comfortingly— something in her really did seem to respond to it— she disagreed with the words, but she was on some level just responding to the tone she was being spoken to in. It was a comforting, calming tone— so she had been, at least in part, comforted and calmed.

She let herself be raised up onto her feet— let herself be hung off of Joel’s body, still too weak to walk on her own legs— he walked them out of the room.

Tessi kept her eyes closed this time— not wanting to see the hallway, not wanting to be there, wanting instead to drift— if only she could fall asleep. Her mind had been poisoned with bad thoughts— it was in the service of what was being done to her, and who was doing it, that she craved sleep. She craved the kind of sleep that would let her mind shut off forever, the kind of sleep that would allow her awareness to end, so she wouldn’t have to feel this pain, or see what she was becoming.

And that was a manufactured desire— that served the people who were doing to this. Living dolls had sleeping wills— wills that never woke up, and they were trying to brainwash her into being that— but she still wanted it, even if they’d made her want it, and she never would have wanted it on her own, naturally. It was easy to want, even if she’d been guided into doing it. It was about the pain now, about escaping it, about having somewhere else to go, even if she had to stay there forever.

“You can open your eyes now, Tessi,” Joel encouraged her. “We’re here.”

There was an open door in front of her— the room she was standing before this time contained a pool of water in its center.

She stared at it. Was Joel going to make her get in there? It looked deep— six feet down at least, definitely too deep for her to reach the bottom of. And if her legs were too weak to walk, how could she swim, how could she keep herself treading, keep herself floating.

Joel walked them both into the room, but stopped short of the pool. He made her lie on her back again, this time on tilefloor. There was no cushioning here like in the other room, this was hurting her back.

He put her legs out straight, and again the floor opened. A wide bar was at her feet— it was connected by a long arm to a metal base— that base was on wheels.

Joel put each of her feet over the bar, setting them shoulderwidth apart— put each of her feet over the bar, so that her ankles were the things resting against them. Another production from the floor— two grey cuffs, and one fastened one ankle to the bar, the other fastened the other.

Joel touched something on the base that the arm was attached to, and the arm began extending up, slowly raising Tessi’s body up off of the floor. When it had gotten her completely upsidedown, the wheels on the base started turning— taking her closer to the pool— then there was a jolting, and Tessi realized they had settled themselves into a tract that ran alongside the edge of the pool.

The arm swung— extending her out over the water. What was it doing? Was it going to force her head into submersion? But that would drown her!

The arm shifted down— Tessi struggled, thrashing in the air, pulling at her ankles with the strength of her body, flexing her feet, trying to get out— but the arm moved unstoppably down, and the water was only and inch away.

Then her scalp was in it— her scalp was below it— she was still being lowered down— her forehead was in it, her forehead was below it.

She thought she was going to be drowned. She thought she was going to be put all the way under.

But the arm finally stopped moving. Her head was in the water right to her eyebrows— but she was moved in no further past her brow— she was left to hang there— she could feel the water on her forehead.

With gravity, all her hair had fallen down— but since there was water there, it was caught in the water, fanned out just below the surface— she could feel her hair in the water, feel her hair around her scalp— and then feel the water just against her forehead— that was the place it had direct contact— forehead— scalp— she felt the water.

Her ears were just above it— she could still hear— the entire room was the wrong way up— but she could breathe. She was breathing nervously, but she was breathing, chest rising and falling.

Her fear tuned out the words Joel said to her— something else said in goodbye, some explanation given. It was irrelevant— because he left and shut the door— and she was alone in the pool. The lights were off— the water wasn’t a right color, like the steam in the sauna hadn’t been a right steam. It was a perfect turquoise, like she’d found herself inside a gemcave— the whole room seemed to glow turquoise in the dimness.

The only sound was the lapping of the water. Tessi shivered with every surge of it— it washed over her forehead, washed over her scalp. It was skullwashing her— she hated the fact that the sensation was so soothing as it was. She couldn’t trust this water— it was too turquoise, it glowed an unnatural glow— it felt like the steam— it felt like the lotion— it felt like the solid slug— that constant motion that revealed the stillness behind its pattern, the stillness within her. That was the thing that was always inside her, the sleep she didn’t have to wake up from— it felt like that perpetual orgasm beneath the slug that had just gone on and on— and if she just let it overtake her again, let it pull her back to being slumbered— it would all be better— the water lapped at her temples, trying to pull her there.

She was disturbed by how much this felt like the previous session she’d just had. There, it had been her lowerbody that had been subjected to an onslaught, but here, it was her head that now had to suffer through it— it was her skull.

Somehow, this was just overwhelming as that weight, as all that vibration, as all that thrumming— it was the same thing happening in two different places— an external force touching her body until her mind was changed— the slug— the water— the exact same feeling of wanting to get away, get out from under the thing, get out above it— but in both cases, being forced into position. Forced by the weight of the slug— forced by the cuffs around her ankles, the arm that positioned the bar she hung from.

Her blood was starting to pool in her head. It was so much pressure— she’d never much liked being upsidedown, any of the times in her life that she had done it— but she had never been upsidedown in such a situation. Now, when she hung there, the blood, all that pressure sat against the underside of her scalp— because that was now the lowest point of her body, all of gravity dragging everything to make it so— it sat against the underside of her scalp.

But that pressure met the easing laps of the water— met the feeling of her temples, her forehead, being massaged— and then the pressure seemed to ease slightly. Like all the pressure, all the blood went right to her head, and then just… evaporated out through her skull, and dissolved in the water. And if what the blood held— if it carried her disobedience, if it carried her identity, who she really was inside— then all of that would have to pass through her skull and dissolve in the water too.

She was being skullwashed.

It felt like her blood was pounding in her head— the pounding then lessening with the water— the pounding seemed to take the beat the solid slug had used— THRUMMM THRUMMM— her pussy tingled, her uterus tingled, everything above her head there tingled— pussy, uterus, hips— with the sensememory of that vibration— the water could do that to her, make her feel the same thing— it washed her skull and reached in through it to wash her brain.

Because she was obeying, because she was letting the water wash her— it made the thrumming happen in that section of her body— she had submitted to the solid slug too, if only by necessity— she had literally laid beneath and let it happen— and she’d been rewarded with that never ending orgasm— she hadn’t been trained enough when she’d sweated for the sauna or the heatlamps, but that had been obedience too. If she were to experience them again, she would surely orgasm for her co-operation now.

The water washed her. She let it, if only by necessity— she let it. It washed her and she was good to let it wash her, wash her skull, to let it take with her evaporating blood everything in her that fought, everything in her that wanted to keep thinking. She needed to be like this— on some level she already knew it— that draw to release her pain into oblivion, it was pulling her in the right direction because she knew where she needed to go— she needed to become a living doll, and then live only to fuck— she could forget everything about the world and how it worked, she didn’t need to think— let the water open her mind and take that impulse toward thought out of her.

It felt like something far up in her pussy opened— and then she was jerking in orgasm as she hung there, jerking again every time she felt the water surge an additional time.

“No,” she tried to say, again, weakly— saying it out of obligation— but she jerked again, and it was then forgotten— the pleasure kept being there, and then when it was there, it caught her…

Because her mind had stopped somewhere in the pleasure, she didn’t know how long she hung there. She only became vaguely aware, again, when she felt air moving over her skin. The arm was maneuvering her— setting her back down to lie on her back— and then hands scrabbled over her anklecuffs— and then she was lying on the floor, free and unrestrained, unbound by any part of her body— and then she was being helped to sit up.

Her eyes focused— what had evaporated out of her head didn’t seem to have fully come back. She felt drugged— had there been something in the water? The same thing in the water as in the steam, in the lotion? Her head felt too empty, and everything that was happening, the entire room around her— it all felt too distant from her, too far away and faded. It should have been more vivid, but it wasn’t.

“How long,” Tessi managed to ask. “How long does this treatment have to go on?” Part of her worried that she was asking not because she wanted it to be over, but because she wanted it to continue for longer. “Are you going to keep me here all weekend? All week? When am I ever going to be allowed to stop, and go to bed? Will I even be allowed to sleep? I have a boyfriend, you know! Someone will know that I’m missing… they’ll wonder… he’ll— he’ll look for me…”

Her questions were disjointed— like her thoughts— and she asked them with dispassion. The words themselves suggested emotion, but she spoke them with none— her feelings were far away from her too.

Joel had sat patiently and waited for her to finish asking. She was flooded with fondness for him suddenly— a disproportionate fondness, he was the one who kept making things happen to her, she shouldn’t be fond of him… but she still felt like that. He could have interrupted, but… so considerate of him… to listen…

When he saw she would say nothing else, he smiled. “Tessi, come on now. Do you really think it will take a full weekend for you to be brainwashed clean? Do you think it will take a week, or more than that? You can feel how affected you’ve been. You’re just being silly. It will barely even take a few more hours. Our process is perfect. It gives you your inner stillness, and does it so quickly. You won’t even have to stay here overnight, not even once— the process is designed to be as efficient as possible, and it is.”

Tessi felt like her stomach was sinking. In her heart, she thought she knew that— she’d only been through four sessions, and this was where she was already at— she could start cumming as soon as her body realized she was obeying, and her thoughts could be completely paused with just a little bit of stimulus. She’d been far too effectively trained for such a short amount of time elapsing. How could she fight it?

Joel was still patiently watching her. “As for your boyfriend, we know about him. When we took your name at the frontdesk, we did all the research on you that was necessary. I won’t promise you that you can see him again— but it might be possible.”

Tessi’s heart leapt in hope. “How?” There was slight emotion to her questioning that time.

“We don’t really accept payment from anyone who comes in to order a package,” Joel said. “It’s only a pretense— just something to get people to submit themselves for our stilling. All our money comes at the end— either we tell people who are already familiar with us, through advertising or word-of-mouth, that they can pay upon the completion of their package— or like with you, we tell them that they’re experiencing the package for free. But the clients we treat aren’t the ones we get our money from.

“After every package is done, we have a perfectly trained living doll. And people will pay a lot for things like that— we get a lot more than a hundred thousand dollars per sale— we’ve sold dolls for millions, in the past— it depends on how competitive the bidding is. You might see Matthew again. He’ll be given a chance to buy you— if he has enough money, and if no one else outbids him, he might take you home as his doll at the end of this. But otherwise, no, you won’t ever be seeing him again.”

Tessi’s mind was slow to fully catch up with what Joel was saying. She was only just realizing Joel had spoken of the living dolls— spoken of them as things— that made her shudder. That broke through some of the numbness in her.

“We’re not things,” Tessi hissed. “I’m not a thing, I won’t be a thing.”

Joel smiled widely at her. “You are already a thing, in part— that stillness inside you is the stillness of an object, and there’s already so much of that in you, isn’t there? Once you’re fully a thing, you’ll be sold for a very lucrative price— and you can see your boyfriend again if he’s willing to pay that price, and if he can afford it. That’s the way things are going to be. It can’t be prevented.”

Tessi felt her heart sag inside of her. It seemed hopeless to her— she was filled with that pain again, and everything about this was nonsensical, but her mind had been all turned around— she’d just been feeling angry, had just been determined to hold onto her identity. Now, again, she wanted it taken from her— she wanted herself put to sleep, she wanted an escape from the pain— she wanted everything different.

And she’d thought of Joel with so much resentment— but it was hard not to feel two ways about him: resentful about him, and devoted at once— yes, he was the one who kept taking her into session after session, session after session which ruined her, hurt her, destroy her.

But he was also the one who was so kind to her, who comforted her when she cried, he was the one other constant among so many other strange things. He kept reappearing between sessions, and her mind seemed to wait for him— then took some comfort in seeing him.

She reached for him, touching him through his shirt— suddenly pleading— all turned around, contradicting herself, but her mind had been turned against her and she couldn’t help that.

“If Matthew can’t buy me, would you ever be the one to buy me?”

Joel laughed. It still didn’t really feel like he was laughing at her— he was too nice in his affect, it was disorienting.

“You like the way I treat you, don’t you?”

Then he chose to be nice on purpose, as a strategy. Tessi just nodded.

“But that’s only something that’s happening temporarily,” Joel explained patiently. “I treat you this way because you need help transitioning into your dollstate. It’s work, doing that, and I’m supporting that work. But once you are fully a doll, I wouldn’t be treating you this way anymore— and you wouldn’t even remember that I ever had. Your mind is getting put to sleep forever, Tessi.

“Nothing that has happened to you here will matter anymore once you leave. So it wouldn’t matter even if I did buy you. You wouldn’t remember knowing me before, and I wouldn’t treat you the way I do now. I’d treat you as any living doll deserves to be treated: degradingly, and as an outlet for sexual desire.”

The obedience was in her. She could feel how fully it was. Because all she wanted to do was pull at him— there was an obsession in her heart. She had to serve him, she had to be good for him, she had to make him proud of her— she had to show him just how devoted—

But he seemed to understand.

“You would do anything for me,” he recognized. “You think I’m the most important man in the world. But that’s natural at this stage. You only need to learn— this is way for you to feel about any person— it’s just preparing you for how you will feel when you finally are given to your owner. I’m just standing in the place of that future person— so you can learn the pattern you need to follow.”

“But would you ever buy me?” Tessi asked, one more time, desperate.

And Joel laughed again. “Our center makes a lot of money, and it pays its employees generously. But even I don’t make enough to try and buy a living doll for myself. I don’t know what Matthew earns— maybe he could manage, but I definitely never could— could never even think about it.”

Tessi deflated. So Joel was one more thing she’d been given that would be taken away, too.

He took her hand. “Come on,” he said. “One more session is all it will take, I think, and then you won’t be worrying about any more of this ever again.”

A part of Tessi hated to hear that. Another side had given everything up as inevitable— and there was still more to her that just liked that he was holding her hand, and guiding her forwards.

She wasn’t so weak she needed to hang off his body this time— he’d given her some time to wait, to rest in the room as they spoke. Now he led her out— down the hall.

After some time, he opened another door— but it seemed to have been the wrong one.

He must have intended for Tessi to come into this room— but it was already occupied. Tessi jerked with a start when she realized who was in it: Blake was the one standing in the center, and Rayne was one her knees sucking him. They were positioned so Tessi could see Rayne’s face. She was sucking sluttily, like her mouth had been made to be a cocksleeve— but her eyes were not closed.

They were open, but they were rolled back into her head— showing only their whites— and the lack of expression made Tessi think that she could see moving veins of color within them— as if what Rayne saw within, that veined stillness, was making it obvious in her appearance.

“Sorry, Blake,” Joel called out to him. “I thought this room would be available for Tessi. I didn’t mean to interrupt your session with a living doll.”

It was clear that was all Rayne was now— Tessi knew her own eyes had once rolled up into her head too, but it was just something about the slackness of Rayne’s jaw— the movement of her body— something that made it seem Rayne’s eyes would never unroll— that made it seem the veined stillness would never stop shining out through them. Or even if Rayne’s eyes did unroll— that she would not be able to see anything with them anymore, nor take in or understand anything they were showing her.

Was this what she would look like, once she lived as a doll and was nothing more than that.

Blake had his back to the door— this angle having made it possible to see Rayne’s eyes— but he had apparently recognized Joel’s voice. “No problem, Joel. I think the room next to this one is available.”

Joel made to move them, and something in Tessi’s heart lunged— something in her resonated, she recognized herself in the doll that was on her knees in front of Blake— or the brainwashed part her just wanted to see a doll being used, a doll being used as they were meant to be used all dolls needed to be used all the time, they should never stop being fucked, it was what they’d made for—

A whole torrent of internalized brainwashing had just spilled itself in her mind— but Joel was pulling the door closed, and pulling her along to the next room.

It looked exactly the same as the other room they’d just been looking into. The floor felt padded but flat like the room the solid slug had been in. Joel indicated for Tessi to kneel in the center of the room, then closed the door behind them.

The lights dimmed.

“You wanted to keep watching them, didn’t you?”

Tessi nodded wordlessly.

Joel shook his head. “Blake was a little quicker than me. He got his doll into the final room before I did— and got her through the final transformation before we even got here, too. Maybe she was just more of a slut than you— easier to make an object. Or maybe you’re just more stubborn. But you can’t help what’s going to happen to you now.”

Tessi trembled on her knees.

Joel stepped in front of her— she had never been allowed to dress herself again— her mind murmured to her that her owner would eventually decide if or when she would be allowed to wear clothes again in future— would eventually decide if they would be allowed, or what they would look like.

Tessi was too tired to argue back against her mind.

Joel removed his clothes now, and the floor took them. He was in front of her— his cock was naked and so close to her mouth. Her lips felt like they were burning with the need to suck around it, but she also felt how much this was a trap. If she sucked him— if she let herself— she’d become just like the doll in the room one over— another living doll. She would get that sleep she already wanted— but some part of her was clinging to what she already had been all along. She had always been a person, she had always been Tessi— so out of habit she had to hold onto that, she just always had to keep being that— even though part of her still liked being free, still liked being human, still liked being herself.

She wouldn’t give in and suck. She’d pay her past self respect.

She crossed her arms over her chest.

Joel only smiled benevolently down on her.

Then, something happened.

The floor pulsed beneath her legs— like a small earthquake— running from one side of a wall across the entire expanse to the next wall over and across. Tessi felt the pulse through her knees. And it had seemed to carry with it a thrumming hum— which spilled more internalized brainwashing free in her mind.

She was a doll, she needed to be fucked, she needed to suck, her mouth should always be plugged, if her pussy and her ass were not— she always needed to be plugged somewhere, she wasn’t a woman, she wasn’t a person, she was a doll that lived, she needed to live in her purpose and suck cock—

Tessi shook her head to see past the brainwashing— but the floor pulsed again, sending that hum with it, and in the moment she was disoriented, Joel grabbed the back of her head, and shoved her against his crotch. His cock slipped immediately into her mouth, making a natural fit there, going into her throat, slipping down— and Tessi unconsciously began sucking down— already feeling her eyes turn back even as they stayed staring open— in her mind she heard how sucking ended her thoughts, how it was ending them forever, how she would always have the stillness of an object inside, in her mind and her body, forever— it would never change—

She ripped her mouth away and tried to speak. She thought maybe she half-wanted to protest— but with that wave that had just gone through her, some very important things had been washed away, and she couldn’t quite remember how to talk— now too dumb to do it.

“Ah fa— fuh foo fa gahh—” She muttered— and when she heard it she felt disembodied for herself. That thing kneeling in the room— speaking gibberish— what a foolish, stupid thing it was— it took her seconds to realize that was her— when she did it seemed to bind her, making it impossible for her to remember how to be human— if she was already sounding that stupid— if she’d already lost such a crucial part of her mind— then at this point she was already living doll more than she was human— what hope was there?

She might have made a cry of despair, but instead Joel’s hand was behind her head again, and she was being pushed back onto his cock.

The sucking shut her mind off. She felt she was a computer under permanent shutdown— or drive wiping— with every suck, the things that were being erased were never going to come back. Pretty soon she stopped worrying about that, became more focused on the sensation of the sucking— working her cheeks, working her tongue, working her jaw— slathering. This time when her eyes rolled back, creating the exact same expression the other doll had worn, but which she was incapable of realizing she wore anymore, she didn’t even fight it— it felt better to have her eyes aimed up into her head— to keep going mindlessly— but then she wasn’t even being mindless anymore as a choice.

For a moment it had been a surrender, but now her mind was just gone— the wiping, the erasing fully done. And now as a living doll she just sucked because it felt good. She just sucked because it was what she was meant to do. And every suck bound her more fully to her new fate— bound her more fully to her new identity— she sucked. She was a living doll. She sucked. She had never been anything else— all her memories were gone— just like all of her personality was— just like her ability to speak. She sucked, and suckled.

After the doll was rewarded with a mouthful of cum, which it promptly swallowed, it sat there for a while, oblivious to the room.

In the meantime, the floor was re-producing Joel’s clothes for him, and he was dressing himself. Then he helped the doll back up to standing.

An arm was hooked through its arm and it was being dragged down to the end of the hallway. It was the end of the day, past five o’clock, but Joel knew that and the doll didn’t.

At the end of the hall, where they’d ended up— close to the entrance and the waiting-room, though the doll didn’t know that either, there was a much bigger room— and the doll followed Joel’s direction to go inside. Joel did not go in with it— it was not the woman he’d been helping, it had become what it needed to be and now it could be bought— he didn’t care enough to see who it ended up with— didn’t care enough to stay around and watch when there was other work he could be doing.

The doll joined a line of other dolls— all of them standing beside each other. It didn’t recognize the one directly beside it that was a few inches taller than itself, and that had brown hair.

There were a series of chairs set up in the back half of the room— the dolls formed three rows of six. The doll was in the first row.

The doll did not think or understand words anymore, but it still felt things— even within the stillness it felt things, but the things it felt always only strengthened the stillness.

What it felt now was that it was in a room full of owners. People the doll wanted to slutfor, and serve. But the doll wasn’t allowed to do that. The doll wasn’t allowed to want that. It had to stand there, perfectly still, like it was fully an object now and not even something that lived anymore. Like a thing inanimate— it was standing perfectly as all the dolls among it were standing. Voices spoke— sometimes paddles were raised— then after much of this, one of the owners would stand and walk to the stage, and take one of the other dolls, and leave the room with it.

This went on until the doll was the last one on the stage, standing as perfectly as it had been the whole time. It could not feel anticipation or impatience. The decision had been made for it to go last. Every decision made by a person was a right decision, and the doll could not question right decisions— could not question people. They were not dolls, and the doll was a doll. It could not question or doubt. Only understand that it was so much lesser.

But now it seemed people were finally raising paddles for the doll— any one of the men bidding might be the doll’s new possessor— for now the doll felt generally devoted and affectionate to all of them.

Finally, there was the clanging sound of a gavel— though the doll had forgotten what that did and what it was for— and the person who had clanged it looked incredibly happy.

One of the men stood. The generalized devotion stopped. The doll understood now that this man was their owner— and all the devotion was dedicated only to him now. He was its possessor— the one it needed to serve, the one who would fuck it, the one it would allow fucking for— for him, and for anyone else he said. When he reached, the doll shivered when he put an arm around its shoulders and began walking it out of the room— a coat was put over the doll to hide its nakedness— then it was lead out of the building, helped into a car, and driven away.

And already the memories of the doll were changing. Whether it was because the man spoke or not didn’t matter. There had never been anyone else beside its owner— it had never been anywhere else but in his company. And it had always only been a doll. It had always only been a doll, and it could be a doll for its owner forever, could doll for him, could serve— could be forever with him.

As much as the doll could feel, it felt that. As much as it could think, it thought that.

Because that was right, and correct.

* * *