The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

TRANCE, Inc. — Chapter 16

“What is she doing here?”

Carmen’s voice was surprised and, to my astonishment, accusatory. Emerald eyes flashed angrily. “This is my place. Why would you invite her here? After everything I’ve been going through!”

“Your place?” I asked. My voice was quiet, and it seemed to have the intended effect.

The girl hesitated. “Well… Our place, I mean… Of course, baby. But…”

“And I didn’t invite her,” I went on. I took a cautious step closer to the teen, who was standing just inside the door. Carmen had entered, seen Victoria on her living room couch wearing just a bathrobe and nothing else, and dropped her purse to the floor with a gasp of surprise and outrage. Admittedly, I should have planned this encounter better. “Victoria came to see us. Under a white flag of truce, you might say.”

I glanced over at Victoria, but the older brunette offered no aid.

Carmen snorted. “Right,” she snapped. “A truce. That’s why I come home from a long, stressful day of work to see that my boyfriend has been fucking another woman in my living room while I was gone.” She bent, snatched up her purse, kicked the door shut behind her and started to storm past me. Her face was tight and angry, but I could see the first glimmers of tears in her green eyes.

“Woah there…” I said, raising my hands and stepping in the way. “Another woman? What does that mean? Victoria isn’t some other woman. She’s a part of our relationship. A big part. And she’s here because she could see that our whole family is falling apart and we need to come together to fix it.”

The crimson-haired nymph stopped, just outside arm’s reach. She stared daggers at me, then turned her eyes to Victoria. “I hope you’re happy,” she snarled. Her small hands were curled into fists. “You’ve got what you came for. He’s obviously on your side now…”

Carmen’s words hurt as they landed, sinking deep as knives, and even harder than weathering them was knowing that they hurt her even more. After my discussion with Victoria, I was finally able to see what the woman had been talking about. Carmen was lost, trapped in a story where she was the constant victim of a thoughtless, uncaring world. Where everyone she loved and relied on had turned against her.

“Angel…” I murmured. I wanted to take a step closer, but I knew I probably shouldn’t. “Can you please just hear me out? Just for a second. And then, if you’re still angry, you can kick me out, can kick Victoria out, can do whatever you need.”

The redhead sniffed, wiped the back of her wrist swiftly under one eye, and then glared at me. “Fine. If you want to leave with her, fine. See if I care.”

I considered my next words very carefully. When I spoke, I did it with intention. “I was wrong,” I said. “I hurt you, and I’m sorry, but please know that it was never intentional.” My unexpected tack was rewarded, because Carmen’s brow furrowed and she suddenly seemed almost as confused as she was upset.

“What do you mean…?” she asked, crossing her arms across her chest. She sounded apprehensive. “What else did you do?”

I paused again, resisted the urge to glance at Victoria for guidance, and forged ahead. I met Carmen’s eyes and my gaze was frank. “I’ve been treating you poorly,” I said. “I’ve been encouraging you to hide out here, away from the people who love you, and I know it’s been hurting you to be away from them. I know it’s hurting you because it’s been hurting me. But I did it because I was afraid to go back. Because I messed up at Thanksgiving and you stood up for me, and you faced the consequences as much as I did.”

I trailed off, to give her the opportunity to respond. I couldn’t force her into anything, I’d realized. The only thing I could do was accept my blame and, hopefully, show her that I was willing to change. Maybe that would be enough to help her change, too. Or see the light. Or whatever she needed, to find her way out of the dark place where she’d been ensnared.

“What are you talking about, Chance?” Carmen’s voice was less angry now. In fact, it was almost indignant. “You know I’m the one who freaked out. I’m the one who blew up and yelled at Day. I’m the one who stormed off… You came after me, remember?”

I didn’t respond, just watched the 18-year-old’s face as a dozen different emotions raced across it.

“You think you can just take all the blame?” she scowled. “You think that that will make everything better? If you just take it all on your shoulders? I’ve tried that. Don’t you think I’ve tried that? I’ve been trying to shoulder all the burdens for me and Day ever since we were little. It doesn’t work. It doesn’t fucking work! No matter how much you try to take, things don’t get better. They just build and build and then bang! Everything falls apart. You think saying sorry is going to fix anything?!”

I shook my head. “I don’t think that,” I murmured.

“Then what?!” the girl demanded. Her narrow jaw was hard and sharp, but her lip trembled. “What do you think is the master solution that will solve all our problems?” She was staring into my face, and I think in that moment she forgot that Victoria was even there.

I certainly did. All I could see was the wounded, frightened young woman in front of me. She was ready to bolt, like a startled deer, but despite her anger she was giving me a chance. I could see now that she wanted to believe me, she wanted to believe that things could get better, but she had no idea how they could. “I think,” I said carefully, “that problems will keep adding weight to our shoulders until we fix them. And I know that I, at least, need to face my problems. So that they stop adding those burdens onto me.”

Carmen’s cheeks were wet, shining in the late afternoon light that filtered through the big windows across the room.

“That’s why Victoria is here,” I went on. Still, I never looked away from Carmen’s feverish eyes. “Because she helped to remind me that there are people who care about us, who want what’s best for us, who love us. And those people miss us and want us back, but only if we can face up to what we did wrong. Because that’s the only way we can put these issues to rest.”

The teen’s mouth worked quietly for a moment. She sniffed. The tension in her body mounted. Then, “Fuck!” she sobbed, and she stumbled back against the closed front door, sliding down to the floor with her legs curled up to her chest. She wrapped her arms around her shins and dropped her forehead to her knees. I could see her shoulders shuddering.

Now, I did look to Victoria for advice.

The woman gestured silently with her head. Get over there, dummy, her eyes seemed to be saying.

Right, I thought. I crossed swiftly and dropped to my knees in front of the girl. “Hey, love,” I said quietly, letting my hands rest lightly on her shoulders. I brushed gently up and down her arms.

“I’m such a bitch…” Carmen whispered, not looking up. “All I do is hurt the people I care about.”

“No…” My arms wrapped protectively around her, and I kissed the top of her head. “Enough of that, baby. I’m scared to go back, too. But we can do it together, right?”

The teen hesitated until I cocked my head and tipped her chin back with one finger. A thin line of black makeup marred one cheek.

“Right?” I asked. I smiled a little, hopeful smile.

Carmen sniffed. Her eyes flicked past me to Victoria, then back to my face. She chewed her lips for a second, then nodded. “Yeah,” she quietly agreed. “We can do it together…”

* * *

The decision was made quickly, but the logistics were a little harder to manage.

I knew that if Carmen and I were returning to the others then there were going to be apologies in order, and explanations required. I had already explained the Amber situation to Victoria — the reason that Lassiter had been at Thanksgiving, and the reason that I’d been so much more withdrawn and preoccupied the past few weeks — but I still owed Daisy the same. And, for obvious reasons, it would be best if Amber wasn’t present. I hadn’t noticed at the time, but in hindsight it was easy to recognize that my emotional withdrawal toward Carmen was, in large part, due to the fact that she was the only one who was in on the secret. After telling Vi what had been going on, I felt instantly more comfortable, like an invisible barrier between us had been lifted.

Carmen, too, was going to have to be prepared to offer her own explanation, as well as an apology to her sister and to the rest of her companions. If anything, I think the young redhead was more nervous than I was.

Victoria called ahead, making sure that Daisy was back home in my apartment for the evening and Amber was once again “working late.” If experience was any indication, I knew that we probably had a few hours before the woman returned and complicated matters.

Complicate is an understatement, I thought. I wished, not for the first time, that Amber could just come out and tell me what was going on with her. Despite knowing that I owed her an apology just as much as the others — for the distance I’d put between us, and for ruining a family event through my own thoughtlessness — I couldn’t wrap my head around what I would say. It was strange, because while I knew that I owed Amber an explanation, she herself was at the heart of many of my recent issues.

What do you do when you know you’ve treated someone poorly, but they still haven’t admitted that they, in part, deserved it? Was there a way to mend things between us without bringing up the underlying falsehoods that kept us divided?

One problem at a time, Angel Chance told me, hovering on my shoulder and patting my head kindly. My conscience was pleased with me, I could tell, happy that I was finally facing up to my mistakes and trying to reconcile with the people who were closer to me than family.

Devil Chance just huffed, snorted and sulked.

I knew I’d taken steps in the right direction. But I also knew that it was going to be a long, hard night.

* * *

Daisy was waiting in the living room.

She’d obviously gotten back from work a while ago, because she’d changed into her blue hoodie and wore a pair of clingy black yoga pants with slashing neon patterns that crisscrossed down her legs. She was curled up in one of the chairs, facing the door, knees underneath her and attention conspicuously focused.

The discomfort was palpable when we walked in: first Victoria, next me and then Carmen, bringing up the rear. A glance over my shoulder revealed that Daisy’s twin was waiting in the doorway, one hand on the wall, watching her sister with the same intense concentration. It was odd, to look from one identical face to the other and to see the same ill ease.

No one wanted to break the silence.

I cleared my throat, and three sets of eyes swiveled my way. I took several more steps into the room and sat back on the sofa, slowly, hoping that the movement would give me time to think of what I wanted to say. Somehow, arriving in the young woman’s presence had wiped from my mind all potential statements that had been conceived in my mind while we drove home.

I leaned forward now, elbows on my thighs, and clasped my hands together. I pressed my knuckles to my mouth, for a moment, then stared into Daisy’s eyes. They were the dark, calm green that I remembered, but very obviously conflicted. As I looked closer, I could see the effort that she was investing in maintaining her composure.

“I’m sorry.” The words came out, unbidden. Once they did, though, I knew that they were the only ones I could have used. “I’m sorry,” I repeated, and I blocked out anything except for the young woman in front of me. “I’m sorry that my thoughtlessness put you in a terrible situation. I’m sorry I didn’t have the courage to own up to it at the time, and that I went through with it in spite of your feelings. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you when I should have.” I hope you can forgive me, I wanted to say, but those words were too painful to say. And I wasn’t sure I deserved to say them.

The 18-year-old didn’t answer for a moment. She just stared into my face, examining me, and I could see the turmoil in her gaze. She was forcing herself to stay together, to be calm and in control. I could tell, in that moment, that she wanted to do nothing more than fling herself across the space between us and into my arms. All it would take from me was a word, a gesture, a look…

But just like I hadn’t been able to use the TRANCE trigger on Victoria earlier in the afternoon, I couldn’t force Daisy to let go of her pain and frustration. I had to give her the freedom to act on her own.

Finally, the girl nodded. “Thank you for your apology,” she said. Her voice got stuck halfway through, and she had to clear her throat before proceeding. “I hope you mean it, and I hope that you’ll never make me go through anything like that again…” She pressed her lips together in a hard line and looked down at her hands. They were twisting around each other, slowly, her knuckles white with pressure.

I nodded. Then, I waited for her to look back up at me and nodded again. “I promise,” I said simply. There was a conviction in my voice that surprised me. I was bad with promises, generally. Call it a character flaw. They made me feel trapped, doomed to disappoint. But in this moment, I knew that nothing could compel me to be so thoughtless again.

Daisy sniffed. She bit her lip, then glanced from me to Victoria. “Did you tell him what to say?” she asked.

The brunette beauty shook her head. “I did not.”

The teen swallowed again, nodding. “Okay…” She looked back at me, and her expression slowly dissolved. In seconds, she transformed from a queen of calm into a young woman who had desperately missed one of her closest friends.

“Can I just… Can you please hold me for a minute?”

Something stuck in my own throat, preventing me from speech. So I just nodded, and opened my arms, and then the girl was rising from her chair and crossing to the couch and straddling my lap and wrapping her arms around my neck.

There are moments when you fall in love all over again. When you remember why you care, and you know how lucky you are that the other person feels the same way. In that moment, I didn’t tell Daisy that I loved her. But both of us knew it. Both of us felt it.

It was a long minute, but no one moved.

When Daisy finally raised her head, she kissed my forehead gently and looked past. Without speaking, her eyes sought out her sister. I turned to look after her, and my heart went out to the young woman standing in the doorway.

Carmen didn’t just look uncomfortable. She looked petrified. But she wet her lips and worked her mouth and said, “Day…” Her voice was hoarse.

But Daisy shook her head. Her expression was firm, without being cold. “You and I are going to have a talk.”

Carmen nodded. “Yeah…”

“Alone.”

“That’s probably… best.”

“Bedroom?”

“Okay…”

“Let’s go.” Daisy glanced down into my face searchingly for an instant, then swung herself off my lap. Standing, she walked to the doorway and gestured to her twin. “After you.” Carmen turned, and the two walked silently across the hall into the bedroom. The door closed behind them.

I checked Victoria, who was still standing. She was staring after the twins, a thoughtful expression on her face, but turned to look at me before crossing to the sofa. She sat down at the far end, slipped her feet from her heels, and then put them up in my lap. Instinctively, my hands began to gently massage her soles and toes.

“So…” I said quietly, after a long moment.

Victoria, who had let her eyes slide blissfully closed, lifted her eyebrows without opening them. “Hmm?”

“That seemed to go… well.”

The woman didn’t answer for a moment, and I focused on my task. It was oddly relaxing, working my thumbs and fingers into her feet and then a little way up her calf, forcefully enough to get at the kinks without causing any discomfort.

“Better than I expected,” Victoria answered, her voice contemplative.

“I’m lucky she’s so put together,” I said.

“Mmm….” the brunette agreed. “And you were better than I had hoped, too. For someone who can be so thoughtless you really know how to turn on the charisma when you need to.”

Me? I thought, but didn’t voice my surprise. It was probably the first time in my life someone had called me charismatic. “Thank you,” I said. A pause, then, “What do you think they’re talking about? Is Daisy going to forgive her sister?”

Victoria stretched, flexing her toes and then pulling her legs back and crossing them in front of her. She pushed herself up from her reclined position against the arm of the chair. “I really need to get a mute button for my foot massager,” she commented dryly.

“Sorry,” I said, but my smile was a cheeky one.

The brunette sighed. “If I had to guess,” she told me, “Daisy and Carmen are both airing their grievances. Both of them did things that the other finds hard to forgive, but with Day at the helm I’d imagine they’ll have a productive conversation and find a way past it. They’re both young and impulsive and hormonal and sometimes thoughtless, but they’ve been best friends since they were little girls.” Victoria laughed softly. “They’ll be able to work through a bit of boy trouble. Probably have had to do it before.”

“And the other stuff…?” I asked. I was thinking of Daisy’s small, innocent vape pen.

“That, too,” Victoria agreed, though her smile faded a little.

A pause, then I probed. “Where do we stand on that?”

The brunette cocked her head at me.

“Daisy… smoking weed… I don’t know, have you three had a talk about it? Anything that I should be aware of?” I was out of my depth, floundering and feeling it. I didn’t want to sound judgmental or condemning. And I certainly wasn’t trying to be an authority figure in anyone’s life. But I couldn’t help but feel some measure of responsibility for the young woman.

“Mm,” Victoria murmured, understanding. “Well…” The woman stretched. “Amber and I did talk with Daisy about it. Apparently Day had gone a while without smoking, six months or more, after Carmen got upset and told her it was going to ruin her life. But that night out at the club finally broke her streak. She was so stressed out, so worried about everything with Carmen and her family, that she got high that night and started using her vape most days. She said it made her feel better, less uptight and anxious all the time. Less worried about being little Miss Perfect.” Victoria gave me a sidelong glance. “Whatever Carmen may say about taking the blame and shouldering responsibility, Daisy feels like she’s the one who has to be perfect. Always. And that’s no small burden.”

Daisy? Uptight and anxious? I furrowed my brow in confusion. Is that really how she sees herself?

I felt an odd sense of loss when Victoria explained the situation. Or disappointment. Like I’d missed out on an important discussion because of my own foolish stubbornness. I nodded though. “Thanks for telling me.” In that moment, I resolved that I wouldn’t ever put myself in that position again. I would be there for these women, like Victoria had been there for me today. Even though it was hard. Even when it wasn’t all fun and games.

Victoria nodded. “Of course.”

But I still wasn’t clear on all the details. “So where do we stand now? We’re fine with it?”

The dark-haired woman shrugged, making a face. “I know what the research says. Marijuana can be dangerous for teens because their brains are still developing. And I care for Daisy. We all do. I can see Carmen’s concern, and I wish that Day were willing to stop on her own. But at the same time…” she trailed off, shaking her head. “We can’t tell her what she can and can’t do. We’re not her parents. Even if we were, we know how well that relationship worked out. These girls are independent, and more mature than a lot of teenagers, but they’re also used to getting their own way. It’s hard to get either of them to do something they don’t want to do. In fact, I think it almost guarantees them wanting to do it even more. So, for now, Amber and I decided that it’s safest to let Daisy do what she feels she needs to. How Carmen handles that? Up to her. But I hope you can see where we’re coming from.”

I pursed my lips, nodding. “I can,” I told her, but my thoughts weren’t in accord. We might not be her parents, I mused. But we’re as close to family as she has… In this matter, I figured I was still more aligned with Carmen than with the others.

Still, I wasn’t going to stir up trouble on the day I returned home. Instead, while Victoria browsed the internet on her phone I clambered across the couch and laid my head in her lap. I closed my eyes, letting the stresses and worries of the day drain away. Maybe I napped for a couple minutes, I couldn’t be sure, but when I next opened my eyes the room was quite a bit darker, like the sun had set.

Victoria was still on her phone, eyes scanning some sort of text.

“What’re you reading?” I asked, shifting my head.

The woman’s smile—upside down from my vantage point—looked a little self-conscious, sheepish even. “Reddit. I’m skimming some posts in an online business forum.”

“Oh!” I smiled brightly, casting my eyes around. As far as I could tell, the girls were still in the bedroom. “That’s awesome, babe.” Then, I paused. I refocused on Victoria and said, “Really. I mean that. I really do think it’s awesome that you’re researching and considering a move that is of so much interest to you.”

The brunette’s lips turned up a little more genuinely. “Thanks for saying that,” she murmured. Her hair brushed my cheeks and neck when she bent to give me an upside down kiss on the nose.

“So I was thinking…” I murmured, mostly awake.

“What’s that?” Victoria asked, sitting up and brushing hair back from my forehead. There was an absentminded affection in the movement, and I took it as a good sign. Things were returning to normal.

“We need to do something for the twins. For their birthday. A party.”

Victoria’s face creased a little with confusion. “Of course we will. I think that was already the plan.”

“No…” I protested. I turned my head to kiss her inner thigh, then pushed myself up. I turned on the couch, blinking and rubbing my eyes. I had definitely taken a short nap, and unfortunately my brain was clouded. Nonetheless, I knew I had a good idea and I wasn’t going to let it slip away. “Daisy’s ex is throwing them a party the night before their birthday, right? And we’ll be going to that. But if we just do something normal, it’s like we’re just doing the same thing as him. We’re better than that, aren’t we? I want to do something special for them.”

Victoria set her phone aside and gave me a look. “I’m listening,” she said.

“Alright,” I said. “Off the top of my head, I have a couple ideas…”

By the time Carmen and Daisy returned, Victoria and I had worked out some rough details of the twins’ surprise birthday event. After I’d brainstormed half a dozen, and the rationale behind them, the brunette had offered her perspective and we’d narrowed down to a shorter list of options. When the bedroom door opened, we quickly closed Victoria’s laptop and turned our attention to the living room entrance.

The twins stopped in the doorway, mirror images with pensive expressions.

Carmen had changed clothes while they’d been away, so she was wearing her own pink, zip-up hoodie and a pair of loose joggers that hung from her hips like they were begging to be slid down her legs. I could tell, immediately, that they had something to tell us and so I resisted my instinctive urge to ask for the details of whatever they’d discussed. Daisy had also changed, and now she was wearing a tight, turtleneck sweater and clingy white jeans. The sweater was maroon, and hugged her slender frame to highlight her perky breasts and lithe lines.

Day glanced over at her sister, almost hesitantly, then shifted her gaze to me and Victoria. “We’ve talked,” she said. She sounded less confident than she had before, when she walked into the bedroom an hour or more ago. But I supposed that was only to be expected. She’d just had what must have been a supremely difficult conversation with her sister. “And we’ve decided what happens next.”

* * *

“Sir?”

I blinked, shook my head. “Sorry,” I muttered, glancing up at the waiter. “What did you say?”

The young, crisply-dressed man glanced between me and Daisy. In one hand, he held the bottle of red wine that had been resting by my elbow. “Would you like some more wine?” he asked slowly.

“Yeah, sure,” I agreed, nodding hurriedly. “Thanks.”

As he walked away, I blew out a sigh of embarrassment.

“Chance,” Daisy murmured, drawing my attention back to the table. Her fingers inched across the white tablecloth and touched my knuckles, brushed across them softly. It hurt me to see how hesitant the movement was. “Where did you go just now?”

“Sorry,” I said. I shook my head. “Nowhere. I’m just… I’m still not totally comfortable at places like this.”

“Like this?” Daisy wrinkled her nose in confusion, sitting back and glancing around.

The restaurant was quiet on a Monday evening. We were on the top floor of a high-rise hotel downtown, in a trendy, expensive restaurant that served Franco-Japanese fusion. Whatever that was. I just knew that Victoria had made the reservations, and that Mike Lassiter’s card was paying for the experience. The bar in the center of the restaurant curved in a semicircle around a shining wall of bottles. Light seeped out into the room from there, and from the small candles on each table, but it was dim enough that only a mellow half-light suffused the air.

“You know.” I shrugged, and my blazer tightened around my shoulders. “Expensive places. Where I have to dress up, where waiters ask to refill my wine.” I gestured at her. “Stunningly beautiful dates...” I tried to meet her eyes but she glanced down at the tablecloth.

Daisy’s dark, red hair tumbled past her shoulders and down her back. Her fingers were twisted around each other, again.

A quiet moment, then I leaned forward onto my forearms. “Day, look at me please.”

Hesitation, then emerald orbs stared into my dark ones.

“I know that you and Carmen said this would be an ‘apology date,’ but I also know that that’s not what you meant. This isn’t about apologizing. This is about understanding, and rebuilding a bridge that I was thoughtless enough to burn. And I want to do that. I really, truly do. But it needs to be built from both sides. So I have to ask…” I shifted, hoping I wasn’t being too bold. “What’s holding you back?”

Daisy’s expression wavered. There was a mounting tension in her body for a moment, and then her voice was soft when she asked, “What happened?”

I cocked my head. “What do you mean?”

“What happened?” she repeated. “At Thanksgiving. Before that. You chose her over me… Carmen, I mean. You went after her. You spent days and nights with her and didn’t even talk to the rest of us. You gave her your time and your energy and your love… Even though she’s just… the worst.”

I furrowed my brow. “What?”

Daisy’s mouth was uncertain. Then, “Carmen. She is a thoughtless, selfish little brat. And yet still… You chose her. You went after her. You said that you love her, right?”

I hesitated, meeting the tight, hurt expression. This wasn’t like Daisy, to talk poorly of someone else, and I realized how hurt she must have been to say those words. Then, I nodded. I didn’t agree with her assessment of Carmen, but there was no denying what I’d said. Or what I’d done. And I didn’t want to.

“Why? What’s so special about her?” There was an odd hunger in Daisy’s voice, like she couldn’t stop herself from asking. “What’s so different between us that you chose her over everyone else?”

Our meals were growing cold between us as I paused. I had forgotten they were even there.

“Carmen’s not special,” Daisy insisted. “I know her. Better than anyone. And she’s not so great as all that. I can’t stand her, a lot of the time. But you… You seem to think she’s great. I don’t understand. I don’t.” The outburst was quiet, but forceful.

“You asked what I was thinking about,” I said, finally. “A minute ago, when I got lost in my thoughts.” I tried to place my words carefully, like an intricate puzzle made of small, delicate pieces.

“Yeah…”

“I was thinking how crazy it is, that I can love so many people so much.” I shrugged, took a breath. “I used to think that loving someone else, really loving them, took all the love that’s in a person. But with all of you, with you and your sister…” I trailed off, staring into Daisy’s bright, green eyes.

I hesitated a moment. Oh, I thought.

“What?” the girl asked.

Oh… Then, I shook my head. “Nothing.” I glanced at the waiter, who was watching us carefully. I motioned for the check. “Let’s head home.” I turned my face back toward the redhaired teenager. “I think we’ve had enough words. It’s time I showed you how I feel.”

The 18-year-old’s eyes widened. Emerald orbs glittered, and then lashes fluttered innocently. “Is it really that time?” she asked.

I held Lassiter’s card out to the waiter as he walked up, keeping my eyes fixed on the young woman across from me. “Oh, it definitely is…” I said, and I watched her resist a shiver of excitement that trembled through her frame.

“Okay,” she whispered. “Time to go home.”

* * *

The elevator door slid open, and we stepped out onto the landing.

The door to my apartment was only three or four strides distant, but I hesitated outside. Then, I hooked a hand gently around the young redhead’s waist and pulled her with me to the railing. She snuggled against me, head resting on my collarbone. She had worn a red leather jacket over her maroon sweater, and I could feel the smooth material under my fingers. I stroked her side gently as I looked out over the darkened strip of lawn, the street. I saw the clouds overhead and the silver moon behind them.

Even in the darkness, the things that I couldn’t see were still clear. I knew where the fire hydrant stuck up from the curb, where the young sapling sprouted up on the edge of the sidewalk across the street. It was like I could sense them, could feel the truth of them even thought they were hidden by shadow. It was a view Daisy and I had enjoyed on so many evenings, recently. And as the thought crossed my mind, I knew I’d have to ask Daisy about that, about her habit.

But now was not the time.

“I know you don’t always think well of yourself,” I said.

The young woman shifted her weight, glanced up at me.

“And it can’t be easy, taking all that responsibility. For you and for your sister, both. Because I know that you care for each other, take care of each other, and the responsibility that comes with wanting the best for someone… Well, I know it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to deal with.” My heart was pounding in my chest. I knew I was right to say what I was about to say, but there was still anxiety in my certainty.

“What are you…?” the girl started to ask, but I turned, looked down, laid my finger gently across her lips.

“But I will never think poorly of you. I’ll never believe those things that you believe about yourself. I won’t believe that you’re unworthy, a problem, or a selfish little brat. I feel the way I do because of you, and in spite of you. You don’t need to worry about that changing, no matter how others feel about you, or how you feel about yourself. I love you, Carmen...”

The young woman tensed under my arm. When she turned her head to look up at me, I could see she was speechless.

There was a split second of space, and I thought I might have been massively, catastrophically wrong.

Then, her lips moved. “How…?” she breathed.

My relieved grin had a teasing, seductive edge. “I could waste time telling you,” I murmured. “But don’t you think it’s time we got you out of your sister’s clothes?”

* * *

Victoria and the second twin were waiting for us in the living room. They both gave my companion a look when we entered, expectant.

“He knew…” she said, and there was a disbelief in her voice that was fluttering and grateful and precious.

I could sense the easing of tension in the room, like the women had been waiting outside a hospital room for dire news. “Such little faith,” I said, staring Daisy in the eye. “You switch outfits and expect me to be fooled? You don’t think your man can tell you apart?”

I think calling myself her man was what did it.

Daisy’s eyes sparked, and I watched her slowly bite her bottom lip. She stared into my eyes as she rose from the couch. She was still wearing Carmen’s blue hoodie, and those sweatpants that begged to be ripped from her slender, supple body. “We wondered…” the teenage pornstar murmured, sidling around the end of the sofa. “But I should have known better…” She flicked a glance at Carmen, and then slid her hands up my chest. She stood up on her tiptoes, leaning in. The zipper of her jacket was cold against my throat. Her breath was hot on my cheek. “I think it’s time you punished us for trying to trick you, Master…”

My mouth went dry, and I caught only a glimpse of Victoria’s satisfied smile in the room beyond as the two crimson-haired beauties led me into the bedroom. The lamp was off, and it was dark. But the curtain was open, and mingled moonlight and streetlight crept in.

They stood before me, loose and relaxed and sensual.

I swallowed, feeling my heartbeat in my throat and hearing it pounding in my ears. My body tingled with anticipation, my eyes sharpened. My jacket hit the floor behind me, and my fingers were scrabbling with the buttons down the front of my shirt.

“You were right, Daddy…” Carmen’s voice was throaty and hot. One of the zippers on the leather jacket clinked, softly, as she tossed it casually to one side. “It’s time I stopped wearing my sister’s clothes…” She approached, sashayed like a runway model across the few feet separating us. Her arms went up and her hair fell down around her face and shoulders as the clingy sweater pulled over her head.

“Are you going to punish me, Sir…?” Daisy murmured, slipping one shoulder free of the jacket, letting it fall to the floor behind her. She wasn’t wearing a bra beneath it, and her pale skin shone in the moonlight as she teased at the waistband of those sweatpants. “Are you going to teach me a lesson for trying to deceive you?”

My body was responding, my cock was hard as a steel pole in my pants, and my breath was already fast as I ran my hands up Carmen’s side. Her bare breasts were pressed to my chest, her nipples hard against my skin. My belt clinked under her fingers.

My eyes were riveted to Daisy, and as she moved I marveled at how two women could look so identical and move so uniquely. The sweats were down around her ankles, now, and she was stepping free of them in nothing but a pair of lacy blue panties. Carmen’s hand slid into my boxer briefs, her cool palm wrapping around the hot, sensitive skin of my rod.

“Oh, Daddy…” she gasped. “Is that all for us…?”

She began to stroke, and I groaned instead of responding. My mouth was on her neck and then her lips, hard and needy. She was familiar to kiss, after all these nights together, but there was the same spark between us as there always was. And it was fierce.

“Or perhaps…” Daisy’s voice was close now, on my other side, her fingers trailing down my bicep. Something leather brushed across my skin, and I realized that Carmen had handed her sister my belt. “You’d like to tie me up, and have your way with me…”

I pulled back from Carmen’s kiss and turned to Daisy. My hands wrapped around her slim waist, and then I grunted, lifted her onto the mattress, and shoved her down. She mewed softly, wantonly. She had the belt in one hand, folded in half.

I glanced to Carmen. “Will you help me tie this naughty girl up?” I murmured, staring into her eyes. “Daddy decided she had to be restrained.”

The crimson-haired pornstar shivered, my words sinking deep into her darkest fantasies. “Mmhmm…” she groaned, crawling up onto the bed by her sister’s side and gently retrieving the belt.

Her sister glanced up into her face, and there was a single flash of uncertainty that broke out across Daisy’s features. Suddenly I wondered if, in all their time filming porn together, the two girls had ever been this close to each other in bed. My memory, stuffed to bursting with countless hours of TRANCE, Inc. film, could not recall ever seeing the two on screen together.

I knelt between Daisy’s legs, my fingers trailing up her thighs and locking her expression back on me. The hesitation vanished from her expression and was replaced by the kind of naked need that I only ever expected to see on the set of a porn shoot. My lover had missed me.

“Tie her hands,” I ordered Carmen, not looking away from Daisy’s eyes. I transfixed her with my stare, bending slowly until my lips brushed against her inner thigh and I could practically feel the heat of the girl’s need on my face.

The sound of a leather strap being drawn closed. The soft intake of breath from Daisy as her sister tightened the belt around her slim wrists. The feeling of soft, lacy cloth under my lips and then the scent of the young woman’s arousal in my nose. Her pussy was dripping wet, and when my fingers pulled her panties away, down her legs, they were damp with lust.

My tongue flicked out to lap at her slit, and then again. My hands held her hips down to the bed as she writhed and cried out softly, and I could tell that Carmen was pinning her wrists to the mattress above her head. Her taste was tangy and refreshing, oddly similar to her sister’s but uniquely her own.

“Ohmygod Master…” Daisy gasped. “You make me so wet…”

I could hear Carmen groan softly as well, and a quick glance revealed that she was kneeling beside her sister—topless, with a hand stuffed down her white, skintight jeans. Her other hand held her sister’s belted wrists up against the pillows.

“Your submissive plaything has been waiting for you to return…” Daisy’s words twined into my mind. “Waiting and wanting and resisting the urge to shove her fingers down her panties and play with herself, thinking of you…”

Holy fuck that’s hot… The idea that Daisy hadn’t masturbated in days, waiting for my touch despite what had happened between us, was simultaneously touching and so, so sexy. The knowledge that Carmen was masturbating right now, watching what I was doing to her sister, drove me absolutely wild.

I raised my head, shot Carmen a look that I knew would melt her to the core even in the dark. “How about you get totally undressed for me, baby girl?” My voice was husky and deep, rasping against my lust and the dry, tight, readiness in my throat.

The 18-year-old groaned like I’d flicked my finger across her clit, back arching as pleasure shot through her. “Yes, Daddy…” she gasped. “Whatever you wish…”

Carmen’s jeans and panties were discarded as my fingers returned to her sister’s body and tugged her bottoms down and away. I had my cock in one fist, slowly stroking up and down, and my body was so ready I could feel the electric sparks in my veins. Precum beaded on the tip of my length as I gently teased Daisy’s outer folds.

“Please, Master…” she moaned. “Fuck I want you so bad…”

I turned my head, meeting her sister’s eyes as I moved closer and closer. “Kiss me, angel,” I told Carmen, staring into her face. “Kiss me while I fuck your sister like the naughty little girl she is…”

“Ohmygawd, Daddy…”

Carmen’s lips were against mine and one hand pressed against my chest, fingers splayed, as my hips shifted forward and I filled her sister up to the brim. Daisy’s pussy was slick and hot and ready for me, her body primed by desire so powerful I felt her shudder in a semiclimax after my first thrust.

“Yesmaster…”

The kiss was hot and desperate, and I let one hand tangle in the long red mane that fell down Carmen’s back. I tugged at the hair, forcing her to lift her chin, and then kissed her throat, her collarbone, fastened my lips around one hard nipple and sucked. Her hand tightened on my shoulder and my hips built up their rhythm.

“Play with me, Daddy… My tits belong to you…”

My manhood was buried in Daisy’s molten core when I felt her truly explode for the first time, her body writhing on the mattress and tangling the sheets. Carmen’s head turned fractionally, hearing her sister’s pleasure and feeling the shuddering muscles that tensed and brushed against her. Carmen’s hand moved faster between her legs, her breath panting, and then she was tipping over the edge after her twin, crying out quietly as her head fell forward onto my shoulder.

“My pussy belongs to you…” Daisy gasped. “My mouth… My mind…”

I felt the building pleasure in my center, the nearness of the impending climax. My muscles were tensed, my core tight, one hand sliding down Carmen’s body to slip between her legs. I replaced her plunging fingers with mine, and moved in rhythm with myself. My cock pounded Daisy’s tight, teenage pussy and my fingers slid in and out, in and out of Carmen’s.

“Oh… Ohmygawd… Ohfuck…” Carmen’s voice dissolved. She was kissing my chest and gasping and murmuring, barely able to think outside of the resonating tension of the moment, the silent sound that filled our minds and dampened everything beyond our tangle of bodies.

“Cum for me Master…” Daisy begged. I had one hand on her waist and her fingers circled my wrist. They tightened. “Cum for me…”

Carmen’s panting breath was harsh as she lifted her head, bouncy young tits heaving. Then her voice was in my ear, “Cum for us both, Daddy… Won’t you fill my sister up with your seed?”

The verbal assault was too much for my overwhelmed senses. I buried myself in Daisy’s body and the sweeping tightness of my muscles overwhelmed me. My balls were full and aching and my release was like a drug. I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment as my length twitched and pulsed and sprayed the young woman’s womb with my essence.

“Fuck…” I rasped, my voice ragged. I fell forward onto my hands and knees over Daisy, and Carmen’s kisses showered my face. Hands and fingers trailed over my skin, tangled in my hair, but I didn’t know whose they were as I fell forward between the two beauties. Words, soft and panted and satisfied, twined into my ears. And it didn’t matter who the words belonged to because they said the same thing.

Thank you, Master…

* * *

“So…” I asked, scooting closer behind Daisy and running one finger up her arm. “What was that all about?” I asked.

The girl rolled over to face me. Behind her, yellow light seeped around the frame of the bathroom door and we could hear the sound of running water. Carmen had said she wanted to wash off the makeup and get ready for bed, but I suspected there was more to it than that. Honestly, I think she’d missed my crappy apartment as much as I had.

“All that…?”

“You know. Freaky Friday. The Parent Trap. Doing the twin thing where you swap places to confuse people. Why…?”

In the other room, Carmen turned on the shower.

“Carmen was worried,” Daisy answered, slowly. “She knows that she and I can work through our own issues. We’ve done it before. But when you two got back earlier and we spoke she said she finally had to admit something she would always be afraid of. It was the worry that you had only fallen in love with her by accident. That she was just a stand-in for me, the perfect one. That I was the one you’d wanted, and she was what you’d gotten instead.”

I frowned.

“I know,” the girl said gently, kissing my fingertips. “But, whatever her mask, Carmen’s always had some self-confidence issues. Now, for the first time, she’s finally facing some of them. And I do think that means something. Something good…”

I chewed my inner cheek. “And the dinner date?”

Daisy shrugged, and moonlight the twitch of a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. “My idea,” she answered. “I told her that she could pretend to be me, could try her best to get you to say what you ‘really thought of Carmen’. She even suspected that you would talk trash about her, to try and appease my wrath by deflecting it onto her.”

“Damn…” I thought. I knew that Carmen trusted me, that she knew on some level that I loved her. But the twisted fears of her anxieties were worrisome.

“Only, of course, you didn’t,” her sister continued. “And you passed the second part of her test, as well, the part that she didn’t even really admit to. She thought that pretending to be me was how she would trick you into revealing your true colors. But what she really wanted, underneath that, was for you to notice. To know her. To see through her mask and know who she really is.”

The depth of Daisy’s insight, as always, made my head spin. Then, a thought struck me. “You believed in me…” I said, wonderingly. “You knew I would figure it out.”

“I didn’t know,” Daisy said. She sounded a bit uncomfortable. “But I hoped. And I was certainly relieved to be proven right.”

Quiet. The background hiss of water in the shower.

“Appease your wrath…?” I asked, snuggling closer.

“Mm…” Daisy agreed. She kissed my chin, and I felt her smile. “That’s right. I’m terribly frightening when I’m angry and disappointed, haven’t you heard?”

My hand rose, slid up her smooth stomach to cup one soft, full breast. Her nipple was hard and excited between my fingers. “Well, I’ll do my best not to disappoint you again…” I murmured, and then I was kissing her once more, and her hands were on my body and we were rolling over and over in a tangle of arousal and bliss and spontaneous, pent-up affection.

And for that one moment, everything in the world was fixed.

* * *