The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Upgrades

by J. Darksong

3)

“Unnhhh! Dammit!” Omega Girl growled as she was knocked back yet again, slamming hard into Armor Man. “This is getting irritating! I’m not sure how much more of this getting battered around I can take...”

You can take?” Armor Man replied ruefully, getting back to his feet. “Of the two of us, yer the far more resilient one. I’ve got the inertial dampeners on my suit cranked up to the max, and she’s STILL making my teeth rattle with every bloody hit.” Grunting, he raised a hand, extending his electromagnetic shield over them as Warbot Robotica fired another barrage, shaking the building with explosions. “Aye... not to mention that I’m in an older model suit. My power’s down to thirty-two percent. I’ll need to recharge before too long,”

“We need to end this now,” Omega Girl grunted, firing her Omega Beams at the pair, doing negligible damage. “Whatever material Machina injected Robbie with, it’s deflecting my blasts just like her little robotic suit. I can’t even make a scratch. If we keep holding back this way, we’re going to—”

“Then don’t,” Eugene stated, going airborne, attempting a tactical feint, firing several heat-seeking missiles, intermingled with standard mini-stinger rockets. Warbot Robotica merely countered, emitting a high powered plasma bolt that incinerated them all at once. “Stop holding back,” he repeated, dropping down at land next to her once more. “Give ’em a glimpse of yer real power.”

Lacie blinked in surprise. “But... but, I can’t!” she protested. “If I did, I might...”

“Ach, well, I don’t mean to go completely nuts,” he chided her, ducking as the villains fired once more. “But I think you can afford to let loose a little. I’ve been scanning Robotica throughout this entire sortie, and I’m pretty sure she can handle quite a bit of damage without being destroyed. If nothing else, it will distract her enough for me to try an end-run and play my own little trump card.”

That got her attention. “You’ve come up an with an idea?”

“Possibly. So far, we’ve been focused on the wrong aspect of the problem—the new Robotica’s massive strength and speed. But we don’t need to match her physically.” He held out his right hand, and clenched a fist, extending a long metal spikelike probe. “We need to attack this problem mentally instead, and see if we can get through to the true Roberta, the girl hidden behind the machine.” They both ducked another barrage of enemy fire. “I only need a moment. If you can keep her still for about five seconds, I think I can reach her.”

Omega Girl sighed heavily but nodded. “I guess we’ve got no choice. I really don’t want to hurt her if I can help it, but Robbie’s not really giving me a choice in the matter.” She closed her eyes briefly, then nodded again. “Okay. Do it.”

“Omega Girl. Master-zero-one. Release restraint, level one,” her husband said calmly and concisely.

Lacie’s eyes opened then, flashing a brilliant yellow. Her body began to glow, dimly at first, growing steadily brighter, as she began to power up. “You’d better step back,” she warned, as she reared back, making a fist with her right hand. “I’ll hold back as much as I can, but I haven’t channeled this much power in a while. I can’t be fully sure of how this will go.”

Ms. Machina chuckled darkly. “Oh? Finally decided to stop cowering and face us head-on? Good for you! Not that it will do you any good! My little warbot here was designed specifically to be your physical equal! You and your armor-clad friend have no chance of—”

KAAAA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Eugene grunted heavily as he was thrown back, hard, landing just a few inches away from the machine that had transformed Robotica. His ears rang, and his vision blurred slightly, all his suit’s warning alerts blaring furiously, showing red, despite he’d only been hit from the backlash, not a direct blow. Nevertheless, he couldn’t do more than simply stare in awe at the spectacle before him. Good God... but sometimes I forget just how powerful my Lacie girl really is...

Omega Girl stood still, one arm extended forward, her fist outstretched. Not wanting to simply go ‘all in’ without testing her new level of restraint, she’d thrown a simple punch with all her strength, not directly at anyone specifically, but just in Machina and Robotica’s general direction. And the sheer force of the punch, of the air displacement from so powerful a movement, had struck with the force of a small bomb, sending forth a wave of compression that easily blew both villains back across the entire length of the warehouse. The true devastation, however, was to the area directly in front of her fist, the wall and ground simply gone, a trail of destruction continuing for several yards outside the warehouse and destroyed the area of the parking lot beyond.

For her part, Larissa was utterly stunned. “Wh... what the FUCK?!?” she yelled, getting back to her feet, her battlesuit sparking and smoking, her heads up display flashing red warning alerts across the board as several of her key systems damaged and malfunctioning. “My suit... What the hell was that... it didn’t even hit me!”

Warbot Robotica’s was also a bit worse for wear despite what amounted to only a glancing blow. She’d finally taken some damage for the first time since the battle started, her display lit up with a warning. “War-ning! Tar-get-prior-ity-one, O-me-ga-Girl-pow-er out-put-ex-ceed-ing-pre-set max-i-mum-par-am-et-ers! This-unit-un-able-to-com-pen-sate.”

Omega Girl nodded, smirking slightly, cracking her knuckles. “Okay... so that’s what I’m capable of at this level, hmm? Alright... I think I’ve gotten a handle on it now,” she announced. “So... let’s end this little stand-off then, shall we?” Before anyone could even register the movement, let alone begin to react, she’d crossed the distance between herself and Ms. Machina, suddenly appearing before a startled Larissa. One hand extended, Lacie merely flicked her index finger lightly against the breastplate of Machina’s mechanical suit.

“AAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!” Larissa screamed frantically as her robotic suit... disintegrated around her. Her reinforced molybdenum-titanium steel armor shattered apart from the blow like a Lego construction, peeling away from her in pieces. Worse, her suit had been hardwired to her body, to her nervous system, enabling it to respond as easily with her thoughts as to manual controls. The feedback from the suit being destroyed was flooding her mind and body with pain. With a gasp, she stumbled, then collapsed, falling unconscious among the debris.

“MISSTRESS!!” Robotica shouted, briefly showing a bit of emotion before the emotionless mask slipped back into place. “Di-rec-tive-one: Pro-tect-Mist-ress!” she snarled, charging forward towards Omega Girl at full power. “Pro-tect Mist-ress! Pro-te-EEECCCCKK!” Faster than her pico-processing sensors could detect, a fist slammed into her abdomen, sending her to her knees. “Err-or! Err-or! Aug-men-tat-ion-sys-tems-com-pro-mised!” Before she could recover, however, she found herself restrained, held tightly from behind by Omega Girl.

“Okay, Armor Man, I’ve got her,” she called out against the struggling automaton. “Time for you to put your plan into motion, whatever that is.”

But Warbot Robotica wasn’t finished just yet. “Di-rec-tives-not-met. Un-ab-le-to-pro-tect-Mist-ress, un-ab-le-to-serve-Mist-ress, un-ab-le-to-ob-ey-Mist-ress. This-un-it-has-failed-its-di-rec-tives. Act-i-vat-ing-fin-al-pro-to-col. Self-de-struct-mec-han-ism-act-i-vat-ed: Thir-ty! Twen-ty-nine! Twen-ty-eight!”

“What?!? Oh, shit!” Lacie yelled. “Gene! I hope you’ve got something for this!” she asked as Armor Man moved in behind them.

“Well, we’re about to see,” he muttered, extending his data probe, sliding it into the spot in the back of the warbot’s neck...

* * *

010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101...

—Connection established—

Eugene blinked, taking a moment to orient himself to his surroundings. It was his first time trying a direct neural interface with a computer AI before, let along one with a human mind. It was definitely... different. Being in dataspace. It was a bit like virtual reality, but without an expansive world or landscape... only an endless sea of coding. But as much as he would have preferred to explore it in-depth, he was under a strict time limit.

INTRUSION DETECTED! ACTIVATING ANTIVIRUS PROTOCOLS!

Eh? Gene thought, finding himself suddenly under assault, his electronic signal being attacked by the warbot’s internal defenses. Ach... no, ye don’t! he grunted, pushing back, using his expertise to bypass and avoid the antivirus’ attempts to dislodge him. Writing out programming on the fly, he began firing off bits of random code, using feints to keep the antivirus program focused on false trails instead of him. Meanwhile, he continued to scroll through the warbot’s own programming, searching through line after line, trying to pierce the shell of corruption inflicted by Ms. Machina to find Robotica’s true self, the core of her being, all the while keeping track of the countdown to the self-destruct in the back of his mind.

INTRUSION DETECTED! WARNING! VIRUS DETECTED! MAIN PROGRAMMING BIOS COMPROMISED! QUARENTINING SECTORS

Eleven.

Quarentined? That’s nae good, Gene muttered, adjusting and refining his technique, adapting to the new situation. Ughhnnn.. can’t let you... box me in... Realizing his Armor’s onboard processors was too slow to keep up with the corrupted Robotica’s computer speed, he decided to improvise, activating and linking the nanites in his body through the connection, linking her mind directly to his own. He grunted, stiffening slightly, as his body was instantly flooded with pain, his body’s own nervous system playing the part of computer circuitry.

Seven.

“UUUUGGGHHHHNNN!!” he yelled aloud, pushing past the pain, focusing only on programming, translating his thoughts directly into code, managing to keep up with, and slowly but surely, overtake Robotica. C’mon, c’mon, c’mon... help me out here, will you? I know yer in here somewhere, Robbie... just show me a sign... give me some—THERE! Faint, yes, deeply buried underneath so much hypnotic and brainwashing code that just scanning through them made him dizzy. Mindful of the ever-present countdown, he decided to eschew subtlety for efficiency, ripping through the programming, shredding all the lines holding Roberta’s mind and will under duress.

Four.

Shite... almost out of time! C’mon, lass, I need you to wake up now! Remember who ye really are! he pleaded as he destroyed the last of the malicious code. With no response. Roberta was still completely unresponsive.

Three.

Ach, bloody hell... hate to give ye such a shock to yer system, lass, he thought, moving to the bios once more, initiating a full reboot, but we’re out of time and options. Just please, please, tell me that you backed yerself up before this whole catastrophe. If this deletes the real you completely, I’ll never forgive myself...

Two.

..............System reset. Initializing, loading BIOS...ERROR! Unit designation changed... restoring previous version... done. Designation: Roberta Bayport. User: Roberta Bayport. System Administrator: Eugene Frasier. Starting main operating systems...

One.

“System override!” Gene shouted. “Disable self destruct, code zero-zero-zero-destruct-zero!”

Zero...

* * *

Robotica let out a deep groan as she opened her eyes. She felt... uuuhhhn. There probably weren’t actual words to describe the way she felt. “Ohhhh... feels like someone scooped out my brain and stuffed it into a blender,” she muttered, sitting up. “Then ran my body through a hydraulic press.” Shaking her head, she glanced around in confusion. “Wha... what happened here? It looks like a bomb went off! And why are I on the ground?” She stood up, only to weave a bit, only now noticing how unwieldy and unfamiliar her body felt. As well as how robotic. “My... god...” she whispered, staring down at herself. “What happened to me?”

“Ach, take it easy, lass,” Gene said gently, “I ken its a bit of a shock. We had a bit of a... complication,” he stated with a grimace as Omega Girl walked by with a restrained Ms. Machina. “The good news is that I was able to remove pretty much all of her mental tampering, and prevent you from self-destructing and blowing this place to kingdom come.” Robbie’s eyes widened in shock. “The bad news, however,” he said grimly, “is that all the fighting badly damaged the machine. I was able to pull up your original specs from the backup I’d made beforehand, but I still need an untainted biological sample to utilize. Aye, and the only remaining sample of yer original DNA was used up in this attempt.” He lowered his gaze, turning away. “I can restore yer body back to the way it was before we began once the machine is repaired. But, I’m afraid I willnae be able to turn you back to yer human self anymore.”

Roberta nodded slowly, taking a moment to digest the news. Apparently, a lot had happened while she’d been unconscious, especially considering the shape that the building was in, and the appearance of Omega Girl. Plus, Master Eugene himself looked more than a bit worse for wear, as if he’d gone through quite a lot in trying to help her—

Wait a second. ‘Master’ Eugene?!?

Checking... hmmm... my registry shows... Eugene Frasier, System Administrator. Designation: Master. Owner of this unit... I mean, of me...

”So, tell me, Master,” she said with a slight edge, causing Eugene to wince slightly, ”it seems that my operating system now recognizes you as my absolute Master and Owner. Considering that before this all started, I warned you that I’d be upset if I woke up to find myself the latest addition to your harem. So... should I be upset?” From the far end of the room. Lacie laughed, causing Eugene to glare in her direction.

“Er, sorry about that,” she said sheepishly. “I did mention that I’d removed MOST of Ms. Machina’s brainwashing. Unfortunately, that was a part of the residual that still needs to be cleaned up. And considering that you were about five seconds from self-destructing at the time, overwriting your BIOS in order to prevent that was my entire focus.” He shrugged. “For what it’s worth, yer not really, er... physically capable of joining in with me lasses and myself at the moment, anyway, so no harem for you.”

She chuckled at that, ruefully. He had a point. Her new body was definitely built for a fight, but not so much for pleasure. “Um, how long do you think it will take to fix the machine and turn me back to my old self?” she inquired.

Eugene rubbed the back of his head. “Er, well... I’d say the better part of a week, eight days at the most.”

“Hmmm... that’s not so bad,” she mused aloud. “And, really, there are certainly worse fates.” She sighed softly. “The old me wasn’t so bad, anyway. I just...” sigh “I just wanted to be able to experience human sensations again. You know, instead of having to rely on the electronic interface provided by my sensors...”

Eugene considered, then nodded. “I actually have a few thoughts on that myself. Perhaps what you need is a true upgrade. Not like what Machina changed ye into,” he said with disdain, “but a way to let you feel more human without having to give up yer robotic form.”

“The best of both worlds,” Roberta said, nodding. “That does sound nice...”

“Aye,” he said, walking back over to the machine, with a deep sigh. “In the meantime, we’ve all been through a lot the past few hours. Just let me pull the data files from the machine, and we’ll head back to River City. After a chance to rest, and, in my care at least, a few Advil, we’ll all feel better. But I promise ye, lass... soon enough ye’ll be back to yer old self... no, scratch that. Ye’ll be even better.”

Robotica smirked at that. I suppose you could argue that the form I’m in now is ‘new and ‘improved’, even if it isn’t something I personally wanted. Bigger isn’t always better, after all. Still, I trust Master... er, Eu... Eug... tch... fine, MASTER Eugene. If anyone can fix this, he can. And, well... not being able to go back to being human sucks, but all in all... I’m not that heartbroken about it. I knew this was a million-to-one shot from the beginning. I’m not a big believing in ‘fate’ the way Mrs. Frasier and the others are... but maybe I was just fated to remain as Robotica. Maybe this is who and what I was supposed to be.

“Okay, I’m done,” Gene announced, causing her to turn. “Coming?”

“Right behind you, Master... uhhhhnn...” she groaned aloud. “And could you fix THAT part sooner than later, please?” she asked following him outside. “I’d rather not get too attached to calling you that!”

Gene merely chuckled. “Well, I’m sure I could easily change yer mind about that lass... but I’ll see what I can do...”

((end))