The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Valor Force

by Second Chair

Chapter Eight

One Step Forward

As Helena Rothridge, her executive assistant, Meredith Larson, her lead attorney, Michelle Asher and her devoted slave, Adrianna Forsythe, along with Adrianna’s own executive assistant, Jody Morris and her chief attorney, Daniel Brooks leave the main conference room in one of the half dozen downtown office buildings that Helena owns, and head for the elevators, only Helena, her people, and Adrianna are smiling. Jody and Daniel are still in total shock. They simply cannot fathom why in the hell their boss would sign over everything she owns, her entire $55 billion family fortune to Miss Rothridge’s wealth management company, even if it is considered one of the very best in the country. As the only living member of her family, Adrianna had inherited and taken control of her family’s vast fortune. She has managed that wealth very successfully for several years. Now, all of a sudden, she was just handing it ALL over to Helena’s firm to manage on her behalf? What the actual fuck!?!

Splitting up at the elevators, Helena and Adrianna took the first car down to the lobby and Helena’s waiting Ice White Bentley Mulsanne armored limo, while her team took the second elevator, leaving Jody and Daniel alone to wait for the next available car.

“Wh-what... the hell... just happened Jody?! I mean, seriously, what the... fuck just happened!?! Big bonus check or not, did we just get... fired?“

Daniel looks at his reflection in the elevator’s mirrored doors as he rubs his eyes, trying to make any sense out of it. He can’t believe the events of the last three days. Jody Morris adjusts her purse over her left shoulder for the third time, spins the ring on her right index finger a few more times and looks down at her shoes again as she continues to fidget.

“I... I don’t know, Dan. I’m even more surprised than you are! I... I had NO idea that she was even thinking about doing anything this crazy! Normally, she includes me in everything she does. She bounces ideas off me, genuinely wants my honest opinion on any big deal she is considering and takes days to make a decision anywhere near this major, but this was totally out of the blue! I knew absolutely nothing about any of this until she told me to have you and I meet her here to set up all of the new accounts with Miss Rothridge’s firm, verify the money transfers and close out all of her old accounts, complete all of the property title transfers, verify and witness the new powers-of-attorney authority and everything else we just spent the last three days doing. God, I still can’t believe she fucking did this! This is... it’s... it’s just... insane!! In only three days time, she has essentially handed her family’s entire fifty five plus billion dollar multi-generational fortune over to Helena Rothridge’s total control! Oh.. my.. God, Dan!! I don’t understand. I... I can’t... It..“

“Yeah, well there’s nothing we can do about it now. As of... twelve minutes ago, Helena Rothridge now legally and literally owns and controls absolutely every facet of Adrianna’s entire business, financial and personal life. She now literally owns and controls everything from her business AND personal bank checking and savings accounts, her brokerage and third party wealth management accounts, all of her credit cards, every business her family has ever owned, started, bought into or invested in, every house she has lived in over the course of her entire life, every car she’s ever ridden in, bought and or driven, her entire art collection, her wine collection, her jewelry, her clothes, the yachts, the damn jets! Hell, as crazy as it sounds, Helena Rothridge literally owns the panties Adrianna’s wearing right now!“

They look at each other and smile the first forced smile of their entire careers working for their boss, make that their former boss, Adrianna Forsythe. Daniel puts his arm around Jody’s shoulders and squeezes tight. They have known each other for over ten years. They are practically family. They thought they were a family! Jody reaches up on her toes and kisses Daniel on the cheek. He smiles as he looks at the petite redhead.

“Sssoo? Wanna get some coffee? After all, our workday is obviously over. And not just because it’s Friday.”

“Yeah. But, I think I need something... a lot stronger than coffee. And maybe some dinner? Say... my place?“

Daniel looks at her, honestly not sure of what he should say.

“You... sure? Maybe we should jus...”

“Relax, Dan. Whatever happens, it was my idea.”

They look at each other and smile again as the elevator doors open.

Meanwhile, after saying goodbye to her very talented and highly capable staff and as her driver, Travis Whitmore, former secret service agent, now Helena’s driver and bodygaurd, skillfully weaves her limo through Valley City’s downtown, five o’clock traffic, the beautiful and powerful Helena Rothridge slid her shoes off as she watched her devoted slave strip herself down to her white lace panties, take her white, leather slave collar out of her purse, snap it back into place around her own neck, slide to her knees and move to kneel before her owner and Mistress.

After bowing down to lovingly kiss her owner’s beautiful, stocking covered feet, Adrianna sat up and knelt quietly with her ass on her ankles, her fingers laced on her knees and her head submissively bowed before her owner as she waited for her Mistress’s smallest command.

As she watched the powerful, former super heroine being so subservient to her, Helena laughed a deep laugh of true and utter conquest. She now had one of the largest and oldest family fortunes in American history under her absolute control. In only three days time, she has vastly increased her already stunningly high net worth. And in a few weeks, after the “dust settled” when the news of this deal hit the financial world and the talking heads on all of the cable television networks like CNBC, Fox Business and Bloomberg spent the next few weeks telling all of their viewers exactly what they thought this meant, all of the reasons why both she and Adrianna had done this, what a brilliant (or absurd, depending on which “expert” was talking at the moment) business decision this was, and how it would effect every global market from stocks and options, corporate and government bonds, to currencies and precious metals, and even real estate. And why this... and how that... and etc..., and so on and on and on, she would do the exactly same thing with her other slave, the lovely miss Angelina Donner and the company she started from her Stanford dorm room with a laptop and a twenty five hundred dollar beginning balance in her retail brokerage account when she was a sophomore sixteen years ago. Now, it’s a very large and successful multi-national conglomerate of companies in various industries ranging from high technology, computers and robotics, aerospace, telecomm, alternative energy and defense. The company also invests in the stocks of publicly traded companies through the New York, London and Tokyo exchanges, as well as ForEx, commodities, precious metals and real estate. Soon Angelina’s very substantial, hard-earned, well managed and remarkable wealth would also belong to Helena. All thirty six billion dollars of it!

And that is before you include Megan Dupree’s own substantial and technology fueled wealth! Helena was already fully aware that Megan Dupree was worth roughly fifteen billion dollars herself. She just didn’t know that Megan Dupree was the super heroine Mytech. Once Megan joined Angelina and Adrianna as her devoted and loving slave and once she signed everything she owns over to Helena as well, Helena’s already immense wealth would quickly go from absurd to almost... comical numbers.

Of course, there would still be damned few people that would actually know just how wealthy she would actually be once it was all said and done. Helena’s people are... very good at protecting her privacy! She laughs out loud as she considers the fact that she is one of the wealthiest people in the world that almost no one has ever heard of!

‘Oh my God!! The markets will have fucking kittens when they find out what’s coming! I CAN’T wait to see how they all react! Ha haa!’

Laughing as she imagines how the world’s financial markets will most likely react to the news of her taking control of all three of these women’s incredible fortunes and substantial global companies, she fixes herself a Crown and coke (apparently Emma’s influence was rubbing off on her as well) Helena sits back, looks down at her slave and smiles as she slowly slides her grey pencil skirt up around her waist with her free hand.

“You have done very well these last few days, slave. You’ve been a very good girl for your mistress! You have acted so normal and proper that not even your own people ever noticed that there was anything different about you. Not even the people that’ve known you for years could tell that you are now my loving and devoted slave. Of course, you were already so good at hiding the fact that you are... were the powerful super heroine Miss Amazing that I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.“

“Thank you, Mistress! I live only for your pleasure, my Mistress!”

“Yes you do, slave. Now eat my pussy. Make me cum. I really need to relax after all of that tiring and tedious legal business. I’ve always preferred being active and ‘in the markets’ to getting bogged down with the legal side and issues of business. Doing my own investing has always been much more fun for me.“

“Yes, Mistress. As you command!”

Adrianna quickly and happily moved into position between Helena’s legs. She moved with utter reverance as she slid her Mistress’s dark green, silk panties down her long, tanned legs, tossed them into the pile with her own clothes and looked lovingly up into her Mistress’s eyes. Not only could she smell her Mistress’s growing arousal, but just knowing that she was about to worship at the ‘shrine’ of her Mistress, that a mere slave like her was about to taste her Mistress’s divine pussy was almost enough to make her cum herself! Almost! But being an obedient and well-trained slave meant she could never satisfy herself before seeing to her Mistress’s pleasure first!

Leaning forward for a moment, Helena took her slave by her long, silky, black hair, pulled her head back, looked into her eyes and kissed her possessively. After breaking the kiss, Helena leaned back, spread her legs, took her slave by the head and shoved her face tight against her pussy. Having been well trained by Mistress Emma, Adrianna now skillfully ate her Mistress’s hot, slick pussy in utter worship.

“Mmmm. That’s it, slave. Good girl. I... mmm... ooohh yes. Just... like... thaaatt. Ooohh... yesss. Emma’s tutoring is definitely paying off. You are getting much better at that! Oh... Yes, that’s it. S-suck my clit, my sexy, slave girl.“

As she continues to laugh, Helena relaxes back further into the limo’s plush, dark grey, cloth interior and enjoys the limo’s maxed out air conditioning as she sips her drink, closes her eyes and focuses solely on enjoying her slave’s devoted efforts.

* * *

“So, what’s the situation, sarge?”

Having arrived on scene at the secluded, fenced off and highly secure area located on the far back side of the Valley City International Airport that housed the U. S. Customs inbound / outbound quarrentine warehouses, Magpie and Frost stood waiting while Mytech spoke to the senior officer in charge of the airport’s security force that responded to a triggered alarm that alerted them to a possible break-in that quickly became a hostage situation.

“I don’t mind telling you that I’m damn glad you ladies are here, Mytech. From what we’ve determined, Brigade showed up and decided to rob one of the quarrentine warehouses. I guess he finally figured out that there had to be something here worth stealing since there is so much security.”

“Yeah, apparently not only can he somehow stay hidden for several days, but he can actually have an original idea. What can you tell me about the reported hostage situation? Is he holding someone in there with him?”

“Well yes, he does have a hostage, but if I understand the full situation correctly, it wasn’t his idea. It seems that some big CBP muckity muck came by to inspect or verify something or other this afternoon. I don’t fricking know. Apparently, it’s “above my paygrade” which, I can only assume, is why I wasn’t even told she was coming. But what I CAN tell you is that it seems that after Brigade tripped an alarm, he decided to bail out and make a run for it before we showed up. But, when those new chem metal security doors of yours dropped, he got caught inside with the CBP official’s five year old daughter. According to said Customs official, one miss..., uh... Connie Smitts, she and the clerk got out through the front office door before the security doors closed but the kid didn’t, so now she’s trapped in there with him. And, of course, her mom’s freaking out. Hell, I don’t even know why she had her daughter here with her in the first place.“

“She ran out and left her own daughter behind? And now Brigade has her? Isn’t that just fucking lovely! Thank you sergeant, we’ll take it from here. But, I would appreciate it very much if you and your men would drop back and set up a perimiter around the warehouse. Keep everyone back and out of our way. We’ll handle Brigade and get the kid out.“

“Roger that, heroes! We’ll keep everyone else out of your way. You heard her, men. I want a fifty yard perimiter around this warehouse, NOW!!”

After shaking hands with the sergeant, he and Mytech moved to do their respective jobs. As the sergeant went to position his men, Mytech turns to join and brief her teammates.

“Okay, ladies. Well, good news first, we finally know where Brigade is. He’s...”

“Excuse me, Mytech. But did the sergeant not just say that he is using a young child as a hostage? I do not consider that good news. I would say that having a small child at risk of being harmed makes this a very serious situation. This is certainly not the time for levity!“

Mytech gets Magpie’s attention as she clears her throat and winks at her before addressing Frost. Without responding, she lets Frost’s comment go choosing to focus on the situation at hand instead. Magpie just stands by quietly as she continues to learn about these women and what it means to be a part of this surprisingly interesting team made up of women of such different personalities.

“Yes, Frost. And thank you for that. As I was about to say, yes, he has a single hostage. A five year old girl. So, our first priority, obviously, is to get her safely out of harm’s way and then we can focus our attention on Brigade and putting him back in a cell at the detention center where he damn well belongs.“

“You have a plan, Mytech?”

Magpie looks to her more experienced teammate for guidance. The honest apprehension she felt was clear on her face. Although she’s been an active super heroine for almost two years now, she’s never faced Brigade herself and is honestly in no hurry to do so. Of course, she’d go one on one with him any day of the week to save an innocent child.

“Yes, I do. I’ll get him to focus all of his attention on me and distract him while you and... Hey! Wait, Frost, what are you... Damn it! Magpie, just... uh, follow my lead!”

Mytech and Magpie run to catch up to their fellow heroine as Frost simply walks right up to the two large dock doors located at the front of the warehouse, crosses her arms over her chest and stands there. She looks at her high tech partner.

“Mytech, open the doors.”

“Frost, wait. We have to have a plan before we just...”

Frost stares at her partner, a rare smile crossing her face.

“Mytech, just open the doors and give me room.”

“Damn it, Frost! We’ve talked about this. Just because you almost... enjoy facing that walking, talking Abrams tank of an asshole, doesn’t mean the rest of us do. He has a hostage this time, Frost. So, I’d feel a LOT better if we...“

“Mytech. Just... open... the doors.”

Frost calmly turns back to again face the warehouse’s security doors as Magpie looks to Mytech. Following Megan’s silent cue as she takes a position a few feet off to Frost’s left, Stacy moves to stand a roughly equal distance to her right. Megan presses a short series of buttons on her wrist computer as she speaks into her mic.

“SARHA, are you on-line?”

“Always, Miss. How may I assist?”

“I need you to tap into the Valley City airport’s main computer network and access the security sub directory. Pull up the access code for U. S Customs inbound quarrentine warehouse number three and open the chem-metal security doors.”

“Copy, Miss. Valor Force Universal Alpha One authority submitted and verified. Accessing now...”

A few seconds later both the chem metal security doors and the normal dock doors open and Brigade comes into full view. The five year old girl looking like a doll as she stands in front of the heavily muscled, seven and a half foot tall villain.

“Well hello boys and girls. I suggest you all stay back. I don’t think we want this little girl gettin’ hurt by... accident, do we?“

Frost simply grins as she looks directly into his eyes, her arms still crossed over her ample chest.

“Hello Brigade.”

‘Oh Fuck me!! Of course it just HAs to be Frost leading the charge, doesn’t it?’

Brigade’s true thoughts are a completely different tenor from his bravado.

“I mean it, Frost. Get back! I’m walkin’ away from this and this kid’s comin’ with me so don’t get any ideas.”

“No she isn’t, Brigade. You will release her right now. Do it and I won’t get any more... irritated.”

They look at each other for a long, silent moment. They’ve had their issues with each other for some time now. Brigade is definitely NO fan of Frost’s. He hates to admit it, but, even more so than that irritating, mouthy brat, Stunner, Frost is also on the very short list of meta humans that can actually hurt him. Seeing her standing there in her favorite power pose, he thinks back to the last time he faced the sexy but cold bitch when she encased him in a thick block of ice. Completely encased him, that is. He may be incredibly strong and invulnerable, but he still has to breathe!

He shudders involuntarily as he remembers how he felt when she stared directly into his eyes as he passed out from the lack of oxygen. He honestly thought he was going to die of suffocation when he blacked out. As scary as that was, it was nothing compared to the... fun he had when he did wake up. Even with his invulnerability and powerful healing factor, it still took several days in the prison infirmary for even his body to heal from the severe frostbite he suffered because of her.

“Look, Frost, this will NOT be a repeat of our last meetin’! You fuckin’ power down, step back and let me outta here! When I’m clear, I’ll let the kid go, unharmed.”

“No, Brigade. You harm that child and I swear I will show you exactly what I can do with my ice!“

She looks at him for a moment as the last bit of humor fades from her face. She starts charging up her powers when a voice comes in through her face mask’s ear mic.

“Frost, it’s Lady Blue. Don’t react, just listen. I’m hovering about fifty feet above and behind you over your right shoulder. I have a perfect angle on Brigade. On my go, I need you to create an ice wedge between the kid and Brigade and push him away from her, copy?”

Frost subtly presses a button on the thumbnail of her left hand glove which sends a signal to Lady Blue’s own ear mic that she hears, understands and is standing by to go on her mark. Getting the signal from Frost, Lady Blue quickly co-ordinates with the rest of her team.

“Magpie, when Frost creates that ice wall and seperates Brigade from the little girl, your job is to get her out of the way as quickly and safely as you can. Keeping her safe is your only job right now! Copy?“

Magpie presses the button on her own glove’s left thumbnail, signalling her confirmation to Lady Blue as well. Lady Blue quickly speaks to her high tech partner.

“Mytech, as soon as Magpie is clear with the kid, I’ll fly in and slam Brigade’s ass into the wall behind him. You be ready, copy?”

Mytech smiles and presses the thumbnail on her glove as she looks at the thin, high tech computer screen on her left forearm. She then looks over at the new, high tech combat gauntlet she wears on her right forearm and smiles. She’s been meaning to give it a true field test for weeks now. Of course, she wasn’t planning on facing Brigade when she did it! Oh well.

“Frost, if anything goes wrong, you be ready to put him in another block of ice. I’m sure he’ll just love that, copy?”

Frost actually smiles as she presses her button a second time.

“...HEY!! You costumed bitches listnin’ to me? Don’t ignore me cause I’m NOT kidding here! I’m walkin’ outta... hey, what the fuck?! FROST, I told you about that fucking ice! I’m serioo.. ooommpphh!!”

Faster than he can react, Frost forms a thick ice wedge that pushes him backwards and away from the girl. She is then quickly but carefully scooped up by Magpie who turned into a hummingbird to quickly close the distance between them and then flew her out of harm’s way by shifting into a large, white gryphon to both carry and shield her as they made their escape. Just as Magpie gets clear with the girl, Lady Blue streaks by in a flash of yellow and blue. As Brigade angrily smashes through the thick ice wedge and runs right at Frost fully intent on finally returning some of the same pain and agony she put him through, before escaping through the now open warehouse doors behind her, he suddenly finds himself lifted off his feet and slammed into the concrete wall behind him by Lady Blue who, after coming to an abrupt and sudden stop, throws him as hard as she can, adding the force of her throw to his own momentum to take the big man hard into the thick, unforgiving wall.

As Mytech and Frost move up and take position on either side of Lady Blue, Brigade takes a deep breath and stands up. Shaking off the impact, he looks at them and smiles as he simply dusts himself off.

“Nngghh!! Nice hit, Lady Blue. I’ll give you that one. But, you should know by now that it’ll take a LOT more than slamming me into a damn concrete wall to stop me! I’m the fucking one man Brigade! Now, which one a you hero cunts wants her sexy ass kicked first?”

As Frost steps up to engage the over-sized villain, there is the sudden sound of glass shattering and a puff of white smoke as Mytech shoots a sleep capsule designed to impact and break on his chest. Reflexively taking in a breath, he is quickly knocked out by the effects of the powerful aerosol sedative.

“You... bitch! Of all the... chicken shit... m-moves. I’mm g-gonna... knock your... ass into... nneeexxt...”

“Huh? What the...? Damn, Mytech what was that? Brigade went down awfully quick.”

Shifting from a large, silver back gorilla back to human form, Magpie actually laughs as the relief washes over her. She was imagining a much more... intense fight to defeat the huge villain. Mytech looked at Magpie. She was as relieved as her teammate that Brigade was down and his threat was neutralized before anyone got hurt or... worse.

“He better go down fast. The sedative I used as the base for that gas dart was originally designed to sedate rhinos and elephants. I’m actually just damn glad that that “shatter capsule” worked like I designed it to. With his invulnerability, a needle would’ve just bounced off his skin like bullets do, so I had to design some kind of small, glass capsule that would shatter and go aerosol instead of having to be injected. Like Brigade’s chest, for example. By the way, nice timing on the arrival, the rescue and the plan to take him down, Blue.”

“Indeed, my friend. That was a very efficient plan. Well done, Lady Blue.”

Smiling, Lady Blue turns to her teammate.

“Thank you, Frost. But, as always, it was a team effort. Now can we please get this asshole properly restrained and into a cell before he wakes up?”

Frost breaks out into a rare laugh as she considers Lady Blue’s words. She can’t help but detect a note of genuine concern in her teammate’s voice. They share a short laugh as they cautiously stand over Brigade and keep a wary eye on him while Mytech steps out to co-ordinate with the S.M.R.T team that had arrived and quietly positioned themselves around the building during the thankfully short fight.

Together, they all moved to get Brigade properly restrained and into the waiting van to quickly transport him back to his cell at the Valley City Meta Human Special Containment Center before he woke up. Meanwhile, with the danger over, Magpie had turned into a beagle puppy and was sitting in the little girl’s lap. She distracted the girl while the paramedics finished checking her out. She laughed and hugged her tight when Magpie shifted back to her human form and reunited her with her mother.

“Mommy, mommy, did you see us? We were flying! That pretty lady in the purple costume turned into a little birdie and flew right at me and then she turned into a... a big... uh... bird or something with wings and... and a tail and flew me away from the scary man. Then she came back and turned into a puppy and let me pet her. Will I be able to do that when I grow up?”

Magpie and Connie Smitts look at each other and break out into tears and smiles as she pulls Magpie into a tight hug.

“THANK YOU!!! Thank you very much, Magpie! The clerk told me to run. He said he would get Carie for me. But, when I turned around to get her from him, he was standing there but she wasn’t! Oh God, I was so scared! Thank you again! And please thank the rest of the Valor Force for me!”

“No problem, miss Smitts. I’m just glad she’s safe.”

As Connie takes her daughter in her arms, kisses her and hugs her tight as they head for the waiting police car, Carie turns, looks over her mom’s shoulder, smiles and waves at Magpie again. Seeing Carie safe and back with her mom, Magpie smiles and waves back as Carie reminds Stacy of why they do what they do.

‘Yeah, that little girl’s why we do this.’

As Magpie rejoins Lady Blue, Mytech and Frost, the fifth member of the Valor Force makes her belated appearance.

“Hey guys! Sorry I’m late. So. what’s the situation?”

“Better late than never, I suppose. Hello Star Shine.”

“Hello Frost. I am really sorry guys. I was in a meeting with the dean of my department, the provost and the president. They are considering some major new projects for the graduate classes starting next semester and I could not get out of it! I was listening in on my ear mic as I flew in so I would be ready to help, but you guys handled everything before I could even get here. Great job!“

“Thanks Star. Yes, everything is wrapped up, the hostage is safe and Brigade is going back to prison where he belongs.”

“That’s great news, Mytech. I’m still sorry I couldn’t be here. I know how... petty selecting acceptable thesis topics for a new class of grad students is compared to a meta human super villain running loose, much less having a child as a hostage.”

Mytech gives Gillian a hug and a smile as Magpie and Lady Blue say their hellos before Lady Blue looks at Frost, her expression speaking volumes as she speaks to Gillian.

“It’s fine, Star Shine. We all understand. You have a real job that requires your presence. It’s not your fault that Brigade didn’t wait till the weekend or much later tonight to break into the warehouse. But, since you’re here now, you can accompany me and Magpie. We’re going to provide escort to the S.M.R.T team transporting Brigade. We’re going to escort them all the way to the detention center. I’ll ride along in the transport with Brigade and the gaurds. You and Magpie will provide overwatch from above.“

“Sounds good to me, Lady Blue. Ready when you two are.”

Lady Blue smiles at her powerful teammate and then to Magpie.

“You ready, Magpie?”

“Yes. I am very ready to get him into a proper cell at the detention center so that he’s safely locked up where he belongs and can’t hurt anyone else.“

“That’s the truth. So, let’s get going. We’ll see you later, Mytech. Frost.”

Laughing at but fully agreeing with Magpie’s eagerness to get Brigade into a containment cell where his incredible strength will do him no good, Lady Blue says goodbye to her other two teammates then turns to join the two well-armed gaurds that will be with her and Brigade in the back of the transport as the escort vehicles move into position behind and in front of the van as it starts out.

Afte saying their goodbyes, the various members of the Valor force part ways as Frost and Mytech watch Magpie and Star Shine make their way skyward to shadow the special transport van carrying Brigade and Lady Blue and the gaurds. The S.M.R.T team’s decked out S.U.Vs take position in front of and behind the van and move to follow as they head out of the airport lot and move across town headed for the Valley City Meta Human Detention center.

“You really need to cut Gillian some slack, Frost. She can’t help that she’s the only member of the team that has to work for a living. After all, we can’t all be business moguls like Angelina, successful sci fi authors like Stacy or former, world famous, fashion models like... some people.”

“Ha haa. Very subtle, Megan. I understand that and I meant no offense. But, I don’t understand why she won’t let us help her. We have all offered to set her up with a few million dollars so she has the same freedom we have to respond whenever we’re needed. After all, it’s not like the city pays us to do this. Stacy and I are millionaires, so we wouldn’t miss the money. And we both know that you and Angelina and can certainly afford it. She would have more than enough to quit her job, allow her mom to retire and focus on being part of this team.“

“I agree with you, but you know she won’t do that, Frost. She would never accept it. But, she did start taking part of her salary and working with Angelina on her investments a few years ago so she has a small but growing portfolio now.“

“I know. I just don’t see the problem. I could cut her a check tomorrow for.. what? Five million? That would take care of everything, wouldn’t it? It seems lke simple logic to me, Megan.”

“I understand your point of view, Katherine. And yes, it makes sense to me as well. But, to Gillian, it’s a handout and the last thing she wants is to be thought of as a “charity case” by her wealthy friends.“

As they continue their debate about Gillian’s finances and pride versus the commitments and duties of being a member of the Valor Force, Frost and Mytech make their way to Megan’s sterilized and untraceable but fully legal, heavily armored and seriously modified, but otherwise normal looking black Dodge Durango Hellcat, climb in and head back to Valor Tower. Katherine smiles as Megan revs the Durango and gets a throaty response from it’s powerful Hemi engine as she accelerates across the open tarmac of the airport’s empty backlot.