The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Veiled Threats

by J. Darksong

7.)

Lacie Frasier took a long deep drink of her wine, then sighed deeply, glancing at the clock on the wall. She grabbed her empty dishes as she rose to her feet, rinsed them out in the sink, then placed them in the dishwasher. She glanced at the clock again, then cursed softly. Dammit. I don’t mind it when he works late, provided he calls me. I go through the trouble of making dinner for once, a nice surprise for him when he comes in from work, and what does he do? He stays late at work without calling!

A ringing sounded as she left the kitchen, and she shook her head ruefully. “Guess I spoke too soon,” she muttered, picking up her cell phone from the counter. “Huh? Eva?” she said, checking the caller ID. “Hi, it’s me,” she answered, “what can I do for you, Eva?”

“Sorry, Mrs. Frasier, it’s actually me,” Melissa replied. “Sorry to bother you so late, but I was wondering if you’d heard from Eva at all today.”

“No, actually,” Lacie said with a frown. “I haven’t heard from her in a few days. I was planning to swing by your apartment tomorrow just to say hi and catch up.” She considered. “She’s not... involved in anything, is she?”

Mel paused. Again, she recalled Eva’s warning about not getting the pregnant Super involved in her affairs if at all possible. True, Eva had often stayed out late, citing the fact that most criminals preferred to work under the cover of darkness, but she usually kept in touch, either by phone, or through her telepathy. She was most likely just being paranoid... but she had a bad feeling, a sense of foreboding that she was unable to shake.

“Well... she didn’t want to bother you,” Melissa began.

“Eeerrrhghhh!” Lacie, said, wincing slightly. “Damn. What is that loud beeping sound coming through the phone? Melissa, is your fire alarm going off or something over there?”

“Huh? An alarm?” Melissa paused, listening closely. “Sorry, Mrs. Frasier, but I don’t hear anything. Maybe it’s on your end?”

“Really? You don’t hear that?” Lacie paused. “Wait... hold on... I think I recognize that pattern... shit! That’s an SOS!! Melissa, I’ll call you back in a bit. I gotta run!” Hanging up, she sprinted across the room to her living room. A quick flash of light later, Omega Girl brushed aside the patio blinds, and opened the door, making a running leap from the second floor balcony. As she flew, she berated herself mentally.

Dammit! Gene is in trouble! I should have known there was a reason he hadn’t called! I just hope I get there in time...

* * *

“Sorry, kids, but your time has run out,” Phelps said with a chuckle, placing the package into his back pocket. “I hadn’t planned on tangling with you two until much later, but since you so graciously decided to crash my little party, I’m moving you both up to the top of my list!”

Shinobi and Echo glanced at each other. “Sure seems confident for a newcomer to our fair city?” Echo pointed out, lightly twirling his metal staff in his hands. Maybe we should welcome him with our traditional ‘Bad Guy Beatdown’ to make him feel more at home!” Suiting action to words, Echo vanished, blurring across the parking lot to strike at the larger man with his pole, landing a solid hit on the side of his head.

“Nynynynynyynnnn...” Parker wheezed as the shock wave ran up his arm. “Geez! What’s your skull made of, fella? Titanium?!?”

Phelps merely laughed. “Nah. I’m made of much sterner stuff. What about YOU, Echo... or Super Sonic... or whatever you’re calling yourself these days?” His grin widened. “Or maybe we should just skip through all the BS and go with Parker Albinn?” Echo’s jaw visibly dropped as Phelps laughed again. “What’s wrong, Albinn? All your really close friends get to call you Parker... so why be so formal? We’re all old friends here, aren’t we?”

Parker leapt back, warily, rejoining his partner. “Old friends, you say? It seems you have the advantage of me.”

“In every conceivable way, Albinn,” the brute replied, slowly walking towards the pair. “I’m not surprised you haven’t figured it out yet. You always were a tad bit slow—except when it comes to running away, that is...”

Parker’s eyes narrowed. “Well, I definitely can’t say I remember the face... if I had, I’m sure I would have run away screaming... but the voice is starting to ring a bell... as is the attitude...”

“It’s Phelps!” Veronica said with a gasp, suddenly realizing. “That’s how he knows us!”

“Ah, Ms. Mitchell, the brighter one of the pair,” Phelps replied, taking another step towards them. “Though considering your grades, that’s not saying very much. Now that we’re all on the same page, I guess I can stop toying around with you two. It’s bad form to crush someone without them at least knowing the name of their killer.” He raised his fists, preparing to strike. “And since you two are so into your Super Hero identity, you can call me ‘Zero’.”

“Zero?” Parker asked, holding his staff at the ready once more.

“Yes,” he said, moving suddenly, crossing the distance between them in a fraction of a second, snatching the pole right out of Echo’s hands. “Zero. As in, the percent chance you have of even coming close to beating me!” He wrapped his massive hands around the pole, and squeezed, compressing the steel rod into a small, round ball before dropping it to the ground.

“Shit! He’s fast!” Echo said, springing back again. Reassessing the threat his opponent posed, he removed a stack of shuriken from his belt pouch. Moving as fast as he could safely manage, he began tossing them, one after the other, straight at the brute, a rapid-fire barrage of blades steel. To his dismay, the hulking brute proved to be as fast as he was strong, nimbly dodging the projectiles, even snatching a few out of mid-air, throwing them back at him. Forced on the defensive, he retreated, ducking behind a concrete pillar as the last wave of shuriken came back towards him, embedding themselves deep into the pillar.

Shinobi, having watched the exchange, cursed loudly, drawing her sword. By her assessment, they were severely out-classed. I don’t know what happened to Jim Phelps to turn him into some kind of a monster, but it’s made him too powerful for us to handle! He’s as strong and as thick-skinned as Stonewall. A couple of those shuriken hit the mark, actually struck him in the arm... and bounced off his skin! I don’t know if even my triple-folded metal blade can cut him. Worse... he’s as fast as Parker at his best, and my partner is definitely NOT at his best right now. Dammit... I TOLD him to bring his special suit!

Then Phelps turned his attention to the ninja. “And what about you, babe?” he said with a smirk. “Care to try your luck?”

Eyes narrowing, slid a hand down to her own belt pouch. “My partner’s a little confused. Usually, I’m the one who charges in head-first, and he’s the one who sits back, analyzes, and strategizes. So you’ll have to understand that this approach isn’t my usual style. Still,” she said, flicking her wrist. tossing a barrage of small black pebbles at the brute, which exploded into thick blinding smoke, “I’ll give it the old college try!”

“Hey!” Zero yelled, coughing slightly, waving his hands wildly. “I can’t see! Dirty trick, Mitchell!”

“That’s the idea,” Shinobi murmured, moving around behind the behemoth. Raising a glowing hand, she readied her psychic blade for a blow to the back of the man’s neck, when he reared around suddenly, reaching out to grab her by the wrist, pulling her off her feet. “A-ahhh! Let go!” she yelled, struggling to pull free from his grip.

“Shinobi!” Parker yelled, coming out from behind the pillar.

“Sorry, ninja girl, but I don’t think so. Guess you forgot about my super sensitive hearing,” Zero replied, before moving slightly to the side, “the same way your boyfriend apparently forgot about my superior speed factor,” as Parker missed with his hi-speed charge, skidding to a stop several feet away. The brute squeezed lightly, and Shinobi let out a scream as the bones in her wrist snapped. “There. Let’s see you try and stab through someone’s brain pan when you can’t even use your hands anymore.” With a casual shove, he threw her bodily over his shoulder, sending her several feet across the parking structure.

“RONI!” Parker yelled, running over to snatch her in the air before she hit the ground, gently cradling her injured limb. Growling in anger, he set her on her feet and turned back to face an amused looking Phelps. “Roni, sweetheart, you go and check on Tina and Eugene. Maybe create a distraction of some kind so he can go get suited up? I’m going to need help with this guy in a big way.”

“Parker, don’t,” Shinobi said through gritted teeth. “He’s... too strong. You can’t take this guy. We need to focus on just getting out of here in one piece...”

“I am,” he said, reaching behind her, taking her katana from its sheath. “I’m going to keep him busy while you get Tina and Gene to safety. I’ll follow you, if possible, soon as I can. Now go... and quickly, before he decided to do more than just stand there looking amused.” She opened her mouth, as if to protest, but the look in his eyes convinced her to go without argument.

Zero crossed his arms. “Hello? I’m in the room, yanno? Don’t talk about me as if I’m not here!”

Echo grinned savagely. Heh. Considering that he completely outclasses me in every department, I’m kind of surprised I haven’t loosed my bowels yet. Maybe that’s a good sign. Cracking his neck, he swung the katana briefly, getting a feel for it. “Well, big guy, I guess it’s just you and me. I have to admit, I’m running a little low on gas at the moment... it’s been a long day. But I intend to give you a run for your money. So... come on. Let’s see what you’ve got.”

To his surprise, the brute frowned, lowering his arms. “Running low, eh? Well... we can’t have that. If I recall, you basically run off sonic energy, high powered sound waves, and such? Am I right?”

“Yeah. So?”

“So... THIS!” he said, rearing back with both hands. With a savage whip, he brought both hands together in a thundering clap, creating a miniature sonic boom that caused the concrete walls to crack. Echo gasped in surprise, struggling to stay on his feet as a huge wave of sound and air buffeted him, pushing him back towards the stairwell on the far side of the plant. His body, however, was reacting as it always had, absorbing the sonic energy, recharging cells, powering up to their peak once more. Parker weathered the blast, feeling his strength returning, his power increasing, and as the dust cleared, he rose back to his feet, holding the blade aloft with a new look of confidence and purpose.

“Thanks. Not sure why you wanted to help me out with the recharge, but I don’t intend to look a gift horse in the mouth.”

“Oh, don’t misunderstand me. I didn’t do you any favors, kid. I just wanted to prolong this a bit more, and crushing you at your full power will be much more fulfilling that breaking you when you’re already half-broken anyway. Now... enough talk. Let’s do this!”

“With pleasure,” Echo said grimly. “This is for hurting Veronica! Kiiiiiiiyyahh!” he yelled, disappearing in a burst of speed. Even Phelps was taken aback somewhat as he felt a barrage of heavy strikes hitting him all over. He scowled, anger welling up, as he tried to defend himself, but the hero was moving too mast for him to even SEE let alone counter. He felt slightly impressed; the razor sharp blade cut his flesh about as effectively as a feather would have, but he had to give the boy credit for the attempt.

“Stand still, you bothersome fly!” Zero roared, trying to reach out and grab what appeared to be a slight blur on the edge of his vision. “I’ll catch you eventually! You can’t keep this up forever... and all you’re doing is ruining my clothes!” He growled slightly, getting angry again. “Do you know how hard it is to find pants this size that aren’t ugly purple cut-off sweatpants?”

Damn, Parke thought to himself, retreated back, pausing to catch his breath. He’s right... and not just about the sweatpants thing. His hide is tougher than a Rhino’s... This blade isn’t doing squat! I’m gonna have to turn up the heat a little if I’m gonna stand a chance. Putting his hands out in front of him, preparing himself for the pain, he poured his energy into a concussive blast, catching the bruiser directly in the chest.

“Uggghhnnn!” Phelps grunted, taking a step back. He grinned again, thrusting out his massive chest. “That’s it! That’s what I’m wanting! C’mon, kid, give me your best shot! You get three strikes before I take YOU out! And that’s strike one!”

“Alright... you asked for it!” Echo yelled, powering up again for a more powerful blast. He fired again, wincing as the pain in his temples increased, and his heart began thudding rapidly. The blast again struck true, and the impact caused a small crater around Phelps, cracking the pavement all around him. Several pieces of his shredded clothing blew away, revealing even more of his lumpy grayish flesh, but otherwise did no damage.

“Hah! That’s strike two, Albinn!” Zero answered. “One more freebie, then I return the favor. Better make it a good one!”

Yeah, Parker, better make it a good one, he told himself, racking his brain for an idea. Crap. Not even a scratch? I think maybe I DID just lose control of my bowels! What the hell do I do now? It’s only been three minutes... not nearly enough time for them to get clear. I’m throwing everything I can at this guy but it’s not working. It’s like butting my head against a stone wall... stone wall... Wait a minute! Stonewall... yeah.... maybe... this guy seems about as tough as that boulder brain... and it worked on him. Hell, it even K.O.ed Omega Girl once. Besides, what do I have to lose? If it doesn’t work, I’m dead meat anyway.

“Alright, Bruiser,” Echo said, taking a boxing stance, channeling his remaining sonic powers into his right hand, “you want my very best shot? Well get ready... ‘cause here it comes! I’m putting my all into this one... everything I’ve got left... into TAKING YOU DOWN!” He reared back, fist buzzing with an audible hum, feeling the energy bucking at his control, ready to be released. He half expected Phelps to move, to dodge, to try and block, or at least counter, but his fist hit the mark, connecting with the big man’s jaw, the energy released in an explosion of power.

“EENNNNNGGGGGHHH!!” Zero yelled, rocking back several steps. He wavered slightly, dizzily, looking for a moment as if he were about to fall... then shook his head, chuckling evilly. “Not bad. Not bad at all. I actually FELT that one. Guess I underestimated you after all, kid. Maybe you’re not just an annoying fly after all. You’ve got a bit of a sting to you... so I’ll call you a hornet instead.” His body began to glow brightly in a vaguely familiar yellowish-white glow causing Parker to take a step back. “But a hornet is STILL an insect... and that’s STRIKE THREE! Time to SQUISH THE BUG!!”

“Oh, shit!” Parker yelled, preparing to sprint away at super speed. He took three steps before a beam of light struck his left leg. He gasped, stumbling, as the leg went completely dead. A second blast struck the other leg, and he fell to the pavement. “Wh... what the hell?” he exclaimed, rubbing at his legs. His legs felt numb, almost paralyzed, the only sensation coming from them a vaguely familiar warmth and pins-and-needles. “What did you do to my legs?” He yelled, trying with all his strength to make them move.

“Oh, nothing really,” Phelps said, reaching down to pick him up by the collar. “I just took away your ability to run away. I don’t want you scooting off to lick your wounds now that you realize you have no chance of beating me.” He laughed, shaking Parker roughly by his neck. “I could have stunned you completely... knocked you out completely... but I wanted you awake and aware for every moment of your defeat!” He twisted Parker’s left arm savagely, snapping the bone, causing the younger man to cry out. Phelps only laughed harder.

“Ohhhh... snap! Such a lovely sound. You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to hear that sound. Every night in jail I used to dream about the sound of you screaming...” He tightened his grip around Parker’s neck, causing the youth to cough and gag, reaching in vain at the rope-thick fingers grasping him. “I wonder how much more satisfying it will be when I snap your neck?”

A bright flash of white light exploded in front of his face, and he took a step back, dropping Parker, covering his eyes in alarm. “Ahhhh! Too bright!!” he yelled, swinging wildly in front of his face.

“Again, that’s the idea, you jerk,” Veronica said, loudly, lifting Parker gently up with her uninjured arm, draping him over her back. “Hang on, love,” she said softly, making her way towards the entrance once more. “We’re getting out of here while that flashbang keeps him disoriented.”

Parker, nearly unconscious from the choking, shook his head. “Nnn... no... Roni... shouldn’t have come back... for me... get out... save yourself...”

“Hush, love,” she said gently, hurrying towards the front of the parking structure. “It’s okay. We’re going to be okay. Just relax.”

“STUPID BITCH!” Phelps yelled, losing his grip on her rage. Holding up a ruined section of the wall he’d burst through earlier above his head, he roared. “I DON’T HAVE TO SEE YOU TO CRUSH YOU! I’LL SMASH YOU BOTH FLAT! YOU HEAR ME BITCH!” he screamed as he flung the concrete section towards them, “YOU’RE DEAD! DEEAAAADDDDD!”

Suddenly, streaking down from the sky, Omega Girl burst in, shattering the concrete slab with her fists, placing herself between the injured heroes and their foe. “Not on my watch, pal,” she said valiantly, arms crossed at her chest. “I hope you had fun messing with my friends. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Because now you’re facing me, and I intend to pay you back in spades for all the pain and suffering you’ve dealt out!”

Phelps, still running at his eyes, paused in his tirade. Cautiously opening his eyes again, he nodded simply, calming back down. “Ah. The ‘Original’ has finally shown up. I kinda figured it was only a matter of time. So much for this quick little ‘in-and-out’. Oh well... so much the better. Those kids were just a warm up for the rest event, anyway.”

Lacie blinked, frowning. “’Original’? Not sure what you mean by that... but if you’re looking for a fight, you’ve got one. I saw what you did to my two friends, and those two, ah, civilians. I’m not going to bother pulling my punches with you.”

“Good,” Phelps said, cracking his knuckles. “Because I sure don’t intend to.”

Suddenly Lacie was flying through the air, backwards, rocketing upwards and away from the plant. She shook her head to clear it, taking stock of what had happened. “Hmmm. Moves pretty quick for a big guy. Strong too, that freaking HURT! Guess I better make this quick and painful!”

Zooming back towards the plant, she increased her speed until she’d turned herself into a human projectile. Phelps had just enough time to glance up at her approach before she hit true, taking him in the gut. She continued to rocket through, propelling the brute out of the parking structure, across the lot, and out into the desert. Phelps, temporarily stunned by the blow, recovered quickly, planting his feet as he was dragged back, slowing and eventually stopping their momentum. Omega Girl merely followed up with a savage kick to his face, and another to the chest, causing him to grunt both times from the impact. A high powered punch to the gut doubled him over again, but didn’t push him back, and when she followed up with another, he only flinched slightly. When she swung once more, he caught her fist and squeezed, causing her to gasp.

“You...” he rasped, breathing heavily, glaring down at her, “just made... a big mistake...”

“Yeah? And what would that be?”

“You... just made... me... MAD!!” he roared, body glowing brightly. He swung her hard by her arm, slamming her into the ground, making a crater. He followed up with a barrage of physical blows, pounding again and again. Omega Girl tried defending herself, tried countering, but the brute simply continued to pound, driving her deeper and deeper into the ground, yelling and screaming like a man possessed. Each blow battered at her reserves, leaving her weaker and weaker. Darkness started to dot her vision, and she realized dimly that she was in trouble.

“Hyyaaahhh!” she grunted, firing blind with an Omega Blast, hoping for a lucky shot. The rain of blows immediately stopped, and for a moment she thought she’d gotten lucky... but then a huge fleshy hand reached down, plucking her from the hole in the ground, shaking her briskly.

“Huh. Your vaunted ‘Omega Beams’ eh?” he taunted her. “I’ve been hot with spitballs that stung worse! Let me show you how it’s really done!” Twin beams of light flashed from his eye, striking the weary heroine. Her own Omega Field repelled the blast at first, but Phelps merely increased the pressure, sending more and more energy against her, until Lacie’s shield finally failed. Her body went immediately rigid, then sagged, going completely limp.

“The mighty Omega Girl! Hah! You don’t look so mighty right now, do you? If I let you go right now you’d fall to the ground in a heap at my feet!” He let her go, and as expected, she collapsed with a groan, breathing heavily. He laughed. “Yeah! That’s where you belong, slut! At my feet... just like everyone else that has ever crossed my path!” He raised a hugs booted foot and brought it down on her chest, crushing. “Even the great Omega Girl is NOTHING compared to me! I could end you right now... snuff you out as easily as stepping on an ant! And who can stop me? NOBODY!!”

“Oh yeah?” a mechanized voice called down from above. “Well, Zero,” Armor Man yelled, holding both palms forward, “just call me Mr. Nobody!”

A barrage of energy pulses rained down, knocking Phelps back a few steps. Growling angrily, he countered by stretching out a hand of his own, firing a blast of energy from HIS palm. The blast missed, striking only a glancing blow across the armored hero’s shoulder, but his onboard systems began flashing alerts at him. What in the blazes? Hmm... that energy signature... is this reading right? Activating his suit’s scanners, he focused his analysis on his enemy while making sure to avoid any more energy blasts.

Damn. That explains a lot, even as it raises a hell of a lot of questions. If my equipment is correct, and it usually is... then I need to hit this guy hard, and hit him now before he gets in a lucky shot. He fired back, missing purposely to raise up a cloud of dust. Hmmm. Only chance at this point is to try my new pulse wave generator. I haven’t had time to test it yet, but if it can reproduce that energy wave pattern Tina and I created in the lab... A mental command caused a slot on his left shoulder to open up, as a small camera shaped device extended up and outwards. Ah, hell, nothing like a field test to try out new and experimental weapons. Just gotta hope it works...

“Alright, Tin Man!” Phelps yelled, squatting down, preparing to leap into the air after him, “it’s time I sent you back to Oz!” At the same instant, Armor Man fired, releasing a barrage of multi-colored sparks. The sparks struck Phelps in mid-jump, causing the big brute to scream in agony. He plummeted back down to earth, landing hard, his body sizzling from the barrage. Shocked, he glared up the armored avenger, as if to try again, but stepped back as they shoulder cannon revved up to fire again. “Shit! Tha.... that hurt! THAT FUCKING HURT!! IT HUUUURRRRTTTTT!!” he yelled. Turning around, he fled the scene, running and bounding away at superhuman speeds, until he vanished.

“Whew,” Gene said, landing softly next to Omega Girl’s body. That was a close one. It wasn’t the correct frequency by a longshot... but hell, it was close enough to do the trick. He checked his onboard computer systems, then sighed. Think I pretty much fried the circuit board for the pulse wave generator with that blast. Not sure what I would have done if he hadn’t run away... Kneeling down, he gathered his wife gently into his arms. “Hold on, baby,” he said gently, as he lifted off once again, “We’re getting out of here. Everything’s gonna be just fine.”

* * *

Several miles away, James Phelps came to a halt. His ragged breathing steadied, and calmness returned, along with his intellect. He glanced down at his hands and arms, puzzled. His skin was completely unharmed, as grey and fleshy as it had been the day he’d emerged from the gestation tube. Hmmm. Not sure what happened there. That mechanized man hit me with some kind of beam... and it felt like every single nerve in my body had been soaked in acid! Not sure what kind of weapon that was, but it didn’t appear to have done any REAL damage... it just hurt like hell. Growling, he slammed a fist into the side of the canyon wall, leaving behind a large jagged hole.

“Alright. Fine!” he yelled aloud, his voice echoing throughout the entire valley. “You ran me off. You won the battle... but not the war! This isn’t over, not by a long shot! I’m still the biggest, strongest, baddest ‘Bad Ass’ in existence! So go... run and hide, lick your wounds! Next time we meet, Zero will even up the score!”