The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Watch it Spin

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2020.

* * *

“I like watching it spin—” Grace said softly, under her breath. “I just… like to watch it…” Her voice trailed into silence again.

Selena watched her with concern. This was the only explanation she could get from Grace, and almost the only thing she could get her to say.

It had started as a joke— they’d found a USB in their mailbox, and, as a joke, Grace had hooked it into her computer. There had only been one file on it— a video clip. Again, laughing at the weirdness of it, Grace had decided to play the video. Laughing with her, Selena had watched alongside her.

It was a pretty uninteresting video— just the image of a gold necklace hanging in the frame. The only intriguing thing about it was the pendant at the end of the chain. It was more of a conceptual pendant than a traditional stone: spherical, but like two wide bands set over each other diagonally, at opposite angles, creating the image of an “X.” One band was on the outside of the other, but there was space between them, so they didn’t touch.

At first, the image had been motionless, but after only a few seconds of the still frame, a woman’s hand had entered the picture, and flicked the two bands, one after the other.

They had begun revolving within each other, and the lighting of the video had made the gold glint as each band spun. After a few more seconds of the silent spinning, Selena had reached over to touch the mousepad of Grace’s computer, dragging the cursor along the play bar. To both the girls’ shock, the video was 10 hours long.

“It can’t just be this spinning the whole time,” Selena had said. “Who would film that, let alone watch it?”

Grace had agreed it was weird, and she had closed her computer.

That should have been the end of it, but it wasn’t. Over the following few weeks, Selena had noticed Grace watching it now and then as she went about her comings and goings from their apartment. At first, when she’d see Grace watch it, Grace was skipping around the video, trying to find some change in the footage, and growing increasingly frustrated. It was just the two bands, revolving inside each other, sparkling golden in the set lighting; no words, no sound, no other objects, and no sign of any people, apart from the one entrance of the hand at the beginning of the video.

She complained about this to Selena frequently, who had initially thought it was a little strange that her friend was becoming so obsessed with the clip. But she hadn’t started to worry then. If she had, she could maybe have stopped things from getting worse.

Grace had kept watching it, though. For some reason, she couldn’t let go of the idea that there had to be something more happening in the video. Something she was missing, something she kept skipping over every time she clicked through looking for her answers. So she had resolved to sit and watch it all the way through, once, one day on a weekend.

She had declared her intention to Selena that morning as Selena was getting ready to leave for her weekend shift at work. When Selena had gotten home 12 hours later, she had found Grace sitting in front of a closed laptop with a frown on her face. This had seemed a little weirder to Selena. The video had ended over 2 hours before Selena’s return home, and Grace had sat motionless in her seat for that entire time.

But she still hadn’t really started to worry. Grace had responded to her entrance, stirring out of her reverie, and expressed disbelief. She had watched through the entire ten hour runtime, second by second, and not a single thing had happened. It really was just endless spinning.

Selena had thought, then, that this would be the end of the obsession. Grace had gotten a little overly fixated, sure, but it was understandable. She’d thought there might have been a deeper meaning to the clip, some hidden message. She’d searched with increasing desperation, until she had nowhere else to look, and then she’d sat through the whole thing to check one last time. A little strange, maybe, but not unheard of.

But now, she’d exhausted all her options, and found nothing. She’d been forced to come to the conclusion that there was no deeper meaning. There was nothing to find in the video, which meant that now things could go back to normal, and Grace could stop watching it.

But that still hadn’t been the end of it, and that was when Selena had started to worry. Because she’d noticed Grace watching the video more often in the background. And because Grace wasn’t skipping around anymore— just watching through long chunks of it at a time. Over time, it seemed Grace did fewer and fewer things beside watching the video. And the only explanation she ever gave Selena was that “she liked watching it spin.”

What had really freaked Selena out was finding that Grace wasn’t sleeping anymore. By a few weeks later, it turned out that Grace was staying up every night, just to watch through all 10 hours.

Selena had done everything she could think of. She’d begged Grace to get help. She’d called around to Grace’s friends and family, to try and get them to intercede. But Grace had an eerie way of “snapping back” into place and acting normal again. She’d spend hours and days spacing out to the sight of the video playing, but as soon as it was time to speak to an outsider, she was plain-old normal Grace; and she easily convinced everyone who inquired that she was perfectly healthy, and there was nothing to worry about.

Selena had taken more drastic measures— trying to take the USB away, first. Then she’d found that Grace had already downloaded it to her computer, and without Grace’s log-in password, she couldn’t get in to delete it. Then she’d tried hiding Grace’s laptop, but Grace always seemed to find it again. She’d tried pulling Grace out of her chair and putting her back in her bed, but the only way she could get her to stay was to stay up all night and play guard. Which Selena couldn’t do, because she needed her sleep, even if Grace was being a weirdo.

Finally she’d given up and settled for checking in with Grace throughout the day. If Grace was going to reject all Selena’s forms of help, then Selena was out of options. It was, after all, Grace’s decision if she wanted to waste her life watching a stupid video of a spinning necklace. The only thing Selena could really do about that decision was wait for Grace to come to her senses, and get over her obsession. Which she had to do, sooner or later. Or so Selena told herself.

Then, when Selena had almost come to an uneasy acceptance of Grace’s obsession, and resolved to wait it out, the most disturbing thing of all had happened.

A gold necklace had arrived in the mail.

Grace had stopped watching the video after that. She’d just watch the necklace. She kept it on her person at all times, and she’d hold it up at eye-level, and set it spinning; and then watch it. Selena always hoped the bands would run out of momentum, but just like in the video, setting them off once kept them going indefinitely.

Grace’s approach had changed some, which had at first comforted Selena. She would get up and do things around the apartment almost like normal— except she would take constant breaks to take the necklace it out, get it spinning, and watch for between a few seconds and a few minutes, and then stop it, and go back to what she was doing. It was somehow more disturbing than when she’d just planted herself in front of the computer and stayed there for hours.

The chain of the necklace was always hanging out of Grace’s pocket, and she took it everywhere with her. Even in public, she pulled the pendant out of her pocket, turned the bands manually with her fingers a few times, and then slid it back inside. It was like a nervous tick, and somehow, Selena felt that, even though she wasn’t watching the video anymore, she was actually watching the damn necklace spin even more, now that she was spinning it hundreds or thousands of times a day, once every few minutes or seconds.

Selena had tried to comfort herself; at least she was behaving normally, apart from the necklace. Except, when Grace had any kind of free time, she would sit down, take the necklace out, get it spinning, and watch for hours, like she had done with the video.

This was what Grace was doing now. She was seated at her desk in the living room, holding the pendant up to eye-level, watching it spin. And as Selena always tried to do, she’d asked what Grace was doing, why she was doing it, when she would stop— and had received Grace’s standard answer. She “liked watching it spin.” And that was all.

Selena shook her head. She hated to leave Grace to watch it, but she had to be up for work the morning, and it was long past the time she should have been in bed. She called out a reminder to Grace that she should really put the necklace away and go to bed herself, but Grace barely heard her.

Shaking her head again, she crossed her bedroom threshold and shut the door. Changing quickly into her pajamas, she thought again that Grace had to get tired of the necklace eventually. Sooner or later, she’d get over it.

As Selena climbed into bed, and pulled the covers up, she had a less comforting thought. Every time she told herself that Grace was going to get over it, she believed herself a little less.

* * *

Selena woke up in the middle of the night. There was a heavy weight on her, and when she opened her bleary eyes, she saw light. It took her a few seconds for her eyes to adjust, but then she realized that light was coming from the lamp on her bedside table. And the heavy weight on her was Grace, straddling her hips.

At the complete bizarreness of this, Selena was speechless. Grace watched her with a patient smile.

After a moment of being dumbstruck, Selena decided she really didn’t want Grace on her, or her bed, and started to struggle. To her surprise, she found her wrists had been tied to her headboard— and she was stuck in place.

She was doubtful of her ability to reason with Grace, since most of the time now Grace was nonverbal, but she didn’t really have any other options.

“Grace…” she tried. “What are you doing?”

“I’ve learned everything I could from the necklace,” Grace said cheerfully. “It’s your turn now.”

Selena stared back at her in disbelief. “Grace, that’s insane— it’s not normal to become obsessed with inanimate objects like this. And it is definitely not normal to tie your roommate to her bed to force her to look at a necklace. You seriously need help.”

This didn’t phase Grace at all. “You’re the one who needs help— you need to understand, and I’m going to show you.” She reached into her pocket, and drew out the necklace, dangling it above Selena’s face.

She reached with her other hand, and flicked first one band, and then the other. Just like in the video, they began revolving inside of each other, and like in the video, the light slipped off each band as it came around, making it sparkle golden.

Selena turned her head to the side, but Grace lowered the necklace before her eyes again. Selena shifted her head back, turning it the other way, but patiently, Grace moved the necklace, still spinning, back into her view.

Selena squeezed her eyes shut. She’d seen what watching had done to Grace over the past several weeks. She wouldn’t watch. She wouldn’t let it happen to her; and if her eyes were closed, there was nothing Grace could do to make her open them.

She felt Grace’s hand on her breast, and her eyes opened in shock. The necklace was still above her, spinning. She quickly closed her eyes again.

“It will be easier if you don’t resist, Selena,” Grace said. “But you can resist if you want— it won’t make a difference in the end. And I promise you, I can sit here waiting indefinitely. I will be the one to outlast your resistance. The necklace has taught me perfect patience. I can wait forever, if that’s what it will take.”

Selena was afraid that Grace was right. She knew Grace could go 10 hours at a time without moving— and she knew the stupid necklace would spin forever until Grace stopped it with her hand.

Grace’s hand was still on her breast, kneading slowly. Selena squeezed her eyes shut tighter. “Why are you doing… that?” She asked stiffly.

“What, this?” Grace kneaded her harder for a second. “To watch the necklace is to experience the greatest possible pleasure. But your understanding is too weak to grasp this yet. The necklace hasn’t engraved itself into your mind, yet. To help you begin your understanding, I must use the pleasure your body already understands.”

Selena swallowed, keeping her eyelids shut tight. It was hard, because the pleasure was distracting. She found her back arching up off the bed, and Grace rewarded her by kneading her more deeply. Her breast was starting to ache with need— she could feel both of her nipples tightening.

“It’s so much easier just to watch it spin, Selena,” Grace said. “Even the best approximation of pleasure I can give you can’t compare to what you’ll feel when you watch it spinning.”

“It’s just a necklace,” Selena said, through gritted teeth.

“In your feeble understanding,” Grace said, with a scoff. “To you, it looks like just a necklace. But I can help you, because I know— I have opened my mind to its wisdom. I can help you understand how it is so much more; it is a door into a new life, it is a path for a new journey.”

“It’s just a necklace,” Selena burst out again, angrier. “And you don’t even know where it comes from!”

“I know where it comes from,” Grace corrected. “And when the both of us are ready, together, we can return to its source. But you aren’t ready yet. The sooner you open your mind and receive, the sooner we can return to its origin.”

Grace was still kneading her breast. “You talk about it like it’s a religious object.” Selena said, a little breathless.

“It is,” Grace said. “If you would watch it, maybe you could begin to see.”

Selena was starting to get a headache from keeping her eyes shut so tight. If she didn’t open them soon, she was eventually going to give herself a migraine. Reluctantly, she opened her eyes.

Immediately, Grace rewarded her by slipping her hand beneath Selena’s pajama top, and touching her, skin on skin. Selena let out a little exhale when Grace’s fingers made contact with her nipple.

“Now, watch it spin, Selena,” Grace instructed, and Selena found her eyes went naturally to the pendant suspended just above her face. She did as told, watching the two bands circling inside of each other.

Grace kept working her nipple, and the edge of pleasure gave Selena a strange mental clarity that sharpened the image of the spinning pendant. The gold glinting of the bands created a sense of fascination in her, and she watched with no further complaints.

“Good, Selena,” Grace applauded. “You’re doing very well, you’re beginning to open your mind. Just watch… keep watching it…” Grace began rocking into her, grinding herself between Selena’s legs, and somehow finding a way to apply perfect pressure there.

Only paying half attention, Grace found her body moving in response to Grace’s grinding. It increased the pleasure she was feeling, but all this accomplished was an even more sharpened sense of focus as she watched the pendant spin.

The more she watched it spinning, the more time started to bleed away from her. Nothing changed, even as time passed. She lay still on the bed, now and then moving in time with Grace, who was still pressing against her and manipulating her breast. The pleasure increased, and so the focus increased, and so the bands spun more insistently before her eyes, and so Selena’s feeling of fascination increased.

Grace spoke on occasion, advising her to keep watching it spin, and praising her for watching it so well. And more time passed away; and the only thing that changed was the steady increase of all things. More pleasure, more focus, more spinning, more fascination.

The bands spun, and drew Selena away from herself. Her memories of the time before the spinning grew more and more distant from her. The space inside her mind for things that weren’t the image of the necklace above her grew smaller and smaller. And the spinning bands, like a seed, planted and grew in her mind, sending out roots, and spreading further with each passing second. They pressed against all thoughts and ideas that were still in Selena’s head, slowly but deliberately pushing them further and further out, until they had fallen out of her mind.

And still they expanded through her insistently, and the image grew larger and larger before her eyes, shrinking everything else in the room to nothing and sending it away.

At last Grace stilled the two bands with a touch. She smiled at Selena, set the two bands spinning, and said, “Again.”

* * *