The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Art of True Hypnosis: Emerging From the Shadow and Into the Light

by Dazzling Lady & J. Darksong

ch.1)

Sometimes you have to stumble and fall to learn how to truly stand tall.

It was a thought that kept Patricia Jamison going as she meditated silently in her bedroom, sitting naked in the middle of her floor in a lotus position. It had been a few days since her humiliating enthrallment and punishment at the hands-on a sexy hypnodomme by the name of Shannon Lang. She’d been completely broken, reduced to a scared, weak and helpless little girl, completely overwhelmed, a far cry from the confident arrogant woman she’d believed herself to be just a few hours earlier. She’d absolutely overestimated her power and ability, trying to hypnotize and enslave the ash-haired woman, not knowing that she, too, was a powerful and skilled hypnodomme. She’d overreached and ended up paying the price, forced to submit and service Shannon sexually at her merest whim.

In any other case, she might have very well spent the rest of her life that way, a mindfucked slave, shackled to the will of the sadistic Mistress, forced to kneel and grovel shamelessly for a mercy that would never come. Luckily, the entire encounter had been orchestrated by her mentor, Master Zebediah Clark, to teach her a lesson in humility. She’d believed herself to have outgrown his teaching, having surpassed him in knowledge and hypnotic strength. Her match with Shannon had shown her the truth, however; she still had very much to learn, and a lot of growing yet to do.

In the meantime, she’d taken some time to reflect, to take a long hard look at herself, at her actions and choices over the past several weeks. It actually shocked her, somewhat, looking back. As a hypnodomme, she routinely acted on her carnal and selfish desires, taking what she wanted, however, she wanted it, regardless of the consequences. She’d hypnotized people who irritated her, punishing and humiliating them at her whim. She’d taken and enslaved others for fun, or merely out of boredom. And all the while, she’d felt not an ounce of concern or remorse for how her deeds had affected those around her.

The woman she’d been back before meeting Zeb would have been appalled at the way she’d acted. Indeed, looking back on her life, she felt as if the person she’d been would be completely unrecognizable to the person she was today. It filled her with shame and guilt, two feelings she had not experienced for a long time. It also made her uneasy, concerned about how much she had changed.

It’s like that old adage I learned back as a child: power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts, absolutely. So, is that it? Will using this power turn me into a monster? Will continuing on this path destroy my heart and kill off any sense of empathy for my fellow man? Am I destined to become just another heartless selfish asshole destroying others’ lives and looking out only for myself? She sighed softly, her mouth twisting into a small scowl.

No. It can’t be that way. I haven’t met a lot of other hypnotists personally, but they can’t ALL be this way. I mean... Zeb is a good guy. He’s been a True Hypnotist for ages and had his powers since he was five years old. And he still has a sense of morals. There has to be a way to balance things, to appease my desires without completely killing off my empathy for other people. I just have to find it...

Patty opened her eyes, blinking rapidly as she broke her trance, yawning and stretching a bit before rising to her feet. At once, her thrall, Barbara, approached her, holding out the white terrycloth robe for her Mistress to don. “Thank you,” she said softly, belting it at the waist, taking a moment to look the naked slave over appraisingly. Of the many people she had enslaved over the past several months, Barbara Whittaker was one that she felt absolutely no guilt or regret over. The silent demure blonde slave had been the epitome of the snotty arrogant self-entitled bitch that Patty had always hated, treating her with utter disdain from their initial meeting. A client of Zeb’s at his spa, the White Lotus, he had recommended her to Patty as a possible first choice of a permanent slave as a thrall, with the added benefit of taking the rich girl’s home and fortune as her own as a bonus. Hypnotizing her and breaking her will had been more than a delight, she’d felt it was actually a public service.

“Is breakfast ready?” Patty asked, rolling her head idly to stretch the muscles of her neck and work out the kinks.

“Yes, Mistress,” Barbara replied, nodding. “Maxwell finished cooking just a moment ago. The coffee should already be ready.”

“Coffee... yeah,” Patty replied with an almost manic grin. “I can smell it from here!” She was not much of an early riser; her hypnotic training had helped her set and keep a better schedule, but she still very much depended on her morning coffee regiment to get her going. Leaving the bedroom, she made her way across the mansion to the kitchen, yawning once more as she made her way straight to the kitchen counter, and the waiting mug of steaming coffee. She drank deeply for several seconds before even acknowledging the tall dark skilled cook with a nod.

Max nodded as well, dishing up a plate full of food for his Mistress, sausage and bacon, scrambled eggs, freshly baked biscuits, and pancakes, along with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice. Patty hummed softly in approval, her mouth watering at the scent of the food set before her. Max was something of a guilty pleasure for her; while he was an excellent slave, a peerless lover, and sextoy, she’d actually chosen her for her permanent harem because of his culinary skills. It was actually a small point of contention between her and Zeb, with him concerned about her caloric intake.

“Not everyone gets by with tasteless fish and rice every morning,” she’d grumbled, commenting on his choice of breakfast. “Besides, I run, remember? Every morning, and again in the evening. Believe me, I work off every pound I put on and then some. So if I’m going to eat something in the morning, I want to damn well enjoy it!”

She chuckled aloud at the memory, causing Maxwell to glance at her curiously. She merely waved dismissively, knowing he would never actually question her unless prompted. Still, the thought of her mentor and teacher had her thinking about how she should spend her day. Zeb had informed her earlier that he had a busy week this week, and would be spending all of Monday dealing with his backlog of clients at the Spa, and hadn’t gotten back to her since then. He had, however, taken the time to teach her the current lesson in their curriculum, namely how to go about removing suggestions and commands embedded in her mind by another hypnotist... or as he called it, ‘unraveling the knots tied in one’s mind’.

It was, actually, a lot easier to accomplish than she’d thought, once he’d taught her the basics. Visualizing the commands as actual knots of rope or string inside her head had helped a lot. Of course, with a lot of this hypnosis stuff, it tends to become easier when you can put it in a way that’s easy to understand and visualize, she reasoned. She’d put his lessons to good use removing all of the hypnotic suggestions Mistress Shannon had placed inside her mind the week before. And while she certainly wasn’t looking forward to finding herself in a similar situation, she was at least mildly confident now that she could free herself, if she was given the chance.

Patty was shaken from her inner monologue as another person entered the room. “Forgive me, Mistress,” Thomas, another of her dark-skinned man slaves prompted, bowing to her, “but you have visitors.”

“Visitors?” Patty repeated, blinking in surprise. “Huh. That’s unusual. I wasn’t expecting anyone this morning... certainly not this early in the day. Did they say what they wanted?”

“Yes, Mistress. They were four well-dressed young men of college age that seemed to be raising money for a trip abroad, and wondered if they might cut the grass for twenty dollars.”

Patty blinked. “Twenty dollars? Really?” she asked, amused. “Did these kids not see how large the area around this mansion is?” Intrigued, she made her way to the front door and stepped outside, greeting her visitors. As Tom had described, all four were young men, looking to be in their late teens, possibly freshmen at college. All four were nicely dressed in black pants, a white short-sleeved shirt, and a full necktie. She recognized them almost immediately as a group of young Mormon missionaries, the idea of them raising money for a trip abroad making sense in that context.

“Good morning, gentlemen,” she said to the group. “I’m Patty Jamison, the lady of the house. My attendant tells me that you are offering to cut my grass for a small fee as part of a fundraising project?”

“Yes, ma’am,” the leader, a tall dark-haired man stated, stepping forward. “We’re hoping to head to Peru this summer as part of—”

“Yes, yes, I heard the basics from my man,” she cut in dismissively. “My question is... you are asking for twenty dollars? Are you aware of how big my yard is?” she asked, gesturing to the grounds. “Twenty dollars a piece for the four of you is still far too little for such a big job.”

“Perhaps so, ma’am,” the leader replied smoothly, “but we believe in doing an honest day’s work for our pay. Besides, we brought multiple lawnmowers,” he added, pointing behind them to the four machines sitting by the driveway. “With the four of us working together, we can do the job much faster.”

Patty shook her head, chagrined. Heh. Well, I guess this means I haven’t lost my sense of empathy just yet, at least, she thought to herself. Sighing, she spoke aloud. “Tell you what. I’m about to go for a little run. You boys go ahead and get started. I’ll agree to pay you each twenty dollars for your work when I get back, and depending on how good a job you do, I’ll even add in a bonus.”

“Oh, but ma’am, that’s not necessary,” the young man protested.

“Nonsense!” Patty insisted. “I believe in paying a fair wage for a job well done. Besides, this trip seems to be pretty important to you, and if I can contribute to it a little bit, then I’ll feel better about making you boys sweat so much cleaning up my lawn.” She gave them a grin, then headed back inside to change.

* * *

Patty often disagreed with her mentor Zeb on a number of topics, but in this one, she was sure she was right. Meditation and quiet contemplation worked for some people, but for her, there was no better calming introspective activity better than running. Sprinting along, pumping her arms and legs in a frenzy, racing across the pavement, pushing her body to its limits and beyond... nothing cleared her mind more than that simple activity. When she ran, the world and all its problems just vanished, fading into the background, freeing up her mind for deep contemplation and insight that she never experienced any other time.

Heh. It’s actually kind of like being hypnotized, she mused silently, pushing past the burning sensation spreading through her calves and chest, chasing that elusive feeling, that runner’s high that she loved so dearly. Regardless, it helped give her clarity as she considered how she would be spending the rest of the day. Hmm... it should be my turn in the rotation this week for the dog rescue, she mused as she came around the big turn along Winfield Road, pushing herself even harder as she neared the home stretch. I should check and see if Ted has any new pups for me. And... if not, I suppose I can check with Gene on the network and see if there are any new and interesting mercenary jobs posted. And, oh! Right! I still need to go to the Spiral Club and set up my VIP room. Zeb said I have an adjoining suite next to his, and I should probably go by and claim it before they decide I’m not interested and give it away to someone else...

The sound of a wolf whistle caught her attention briefly, and she glanced over to find a couple of city workers across the street working on the water main, apparently in the process of repairing a line break. “Looking good, babe!” one of them, a burly-looking dark-haired man in a checkered shirt and blue jeans called out, grinning. His partner nodded as well, waving his hands.

Patty laughed, giving both of them a smile. It was nice to know she could grab attention with her body even when not at her best. Still, dressed in a sports bra, hip-hugging spandex shorts, and her favorite Converse running shoes, practically soaked and dripping with sweat, with her hair tied back in a loose ponytail, she did cut a rather attractive picture. Winking at her admirers, she turned and headed back along the trail for home.

Arriving back, she saw that the four young missionaries were hard at work, mowing her front lawn. In the half-hour since she’d left to go running, they’d managed to cut about one-fourth of the lawn, which looked very well-trimmed. She nodded in appreciation; one of the positions she had yet to fill in her household was that of a groundskeeper, and with a full acre of grass to tend to, the other alternative would be to hire a professional service. Waving to the boys, she entered her home, making her way to the main bathroom, where Barbara stood awaiting her. Kicking off her shoes, she quickly stripped, discarding her clothes onto the floor, knowing her thrall would pick them up and dispose of them properly later. Fully naked, Patty moved to the waiting shower, only to pause, smirking.

“Strip for me, Barb,” she commanded, removing the tie from her hair, letting it flow freely. “You’re joining me in the shower. I want you to scrub my back... and other places.”

“Yes, Mistress,” she replied stoically, obeying. “As you wish.”

The blonde slave sighed inwardly as she slipped into the shower behind her Mistress. Truth be told, she hated what she was doing. She hated every moment of her new life, of being forced to submit to this bitchy upstart’s every whim. It literally galled her inside to be reduced to the role of a servant. She was Barbara Fucking Whittaker! She was an authentic blueblood, her family was an important and influential part of society! If anything, SHE should have been the one with amazing hypnotic powers! She should have been the one with a bunch of brainwashed obedient slaves responding to her every whim!

Instead, all she could do was silently rage at the unfairness of it all. The programming in her head prevented her from acting on her true impulses, or even expressing her true feelings unless her Mistress asked her to. She was forced to obey every command with a smile, acting as if being allowed to serve the hated bitch that controlled her was a kindness and a privilege. Standing naked in her shower—or rather, her Mistress’ shower, as the brunette hypnotist now owned her property just as completely as she owned Barbara herself—she found herself becoming aroused against her will, another effect of the hypnotic commands in her head. Rubbing soap against her owner’s soft silky skin caused a frisson of pleasure to slowly form in the pit of her being, growing bit by bit at every contact.

“Mmmmm... that feels so nice, Barb,” Patty murmured, arching her back slightly at the feeling of her slave’s gentle caressing. Barb bit her lip to keep from moaning aloud. Her Mistress’ pleasure was her pleasure. The absolute worst part was that it was becoming harder and harder to resist surrendering to the inevitable, to keep fighting against the tyrant instead of letting herself succumb to her growing feelings of attraction. It was only a matter of time before her feelings of hate transformed into adoration and love.

“Mmm! That was great,” Patty exclaimed, stepping under the torrent of water to rinse off. “Now it’s your turn. Turn around,” she commanded, grabbing her loofa, and soaping it up into a froth. Wordlessly, Barb obeyed, again biting her lip to resist moaning out in pleasure as her Mistress explored her wet naked body. Despite her best efforts, her resolve eventually crumbled and she came from the stimulation, going weak in the knees. Patty merely chuckled softly, holding her aloft as she continued to scrub her thrall clean, enjoying her reaction, knowing that every orgasm only reinforced the commands she’d placed in the girl’s mind, making her more and more her slave.

Finished bathing, Mistress and slave soon returned to the bedroom, where Patty dressed in the clothes that Barbara had laid out for her. Taking out her phone, she checked her messages, happy to find one from Ted. Dialing him, she confirmed the good news—there was in fact a new rescue waiting for her to take him in. “He’s pretty much your dream dog, Patty,” he relayed, as she ran a brush idly through her hair. “He’s a three-year-old Alaskan Husky, with a dark grey and white coat, and these piercing blue eyes! You’re going to totally lose it when you see him.”

“Oh wow! Sounds great! I can’t wait to see him, but... what’s the issue?” she asked, trying to keep her enthusiasm down. “Please tell me his owner just got tired of him and wanted to find a new home for him...”

Ted let out a deep sigh. “Sorry, Patty. It’s the usual, I’m afraid. Guy abused the poor pup, kept him chained up outside all the time, and would go off on trips and forget to leave the poor dog any food or water. The little guy’s majorly underweight, and the neighbors reported the guy for neglect. I’m actually going over to pick him up now, but I wanted to give you a heads up to keep you in the loop.”

Patty nodded sadly. Few things in this world pissed her off more than people that abused or neglected their pets. As a child, she had always wanted a dog, but her parents had refused to get her one, insisting that it was a big responsibility and that she could only have one of her own when she was truly capable of taking care of it herself. She’d taken those words to heart and had learned everything she could about caring for and raising a dog, leading her to become part of the dog rescue in Boise three years ago. Some of the horrible things she’d witnessed had stuck with her even to this day. Making up her mind, she decided that she would go out with Ted and meet up at the pickup.

“Barb, I’m going out for a bit,” she informed her slave. “While I’m gone, I want the mansion properly prepared for a dog.”

The blonde slave froze, glancing back up at her Mistress in confusion. “Forgive me, Mistress, but... did you say a ‘dog’?” she asked, eye twitching slightly at the idea of a dirty filthy dog in her pristine mansion.

“Yes, exactly. He’s a middle-sized dog, a Husky, and he’ll be needing a food bowl, a water dish, and some toys. I don’t think we have any food for him—I forgot to bring what I had when I moved in—so you’ll need to buy some and have it delivered.” Nodding to herself, she walked towards the door. “Oh, and I’m not sure if he’s housebroken or not, so you’ll need to plan accordingly,” she added as she departed. Barbara merely nodded in compliance even as she screamed silently in her head...

* * *

Pulling up to the house in Garden City, Patty stepped out, walking over to meet Ted, who stood beside his truck, shaking his head. “Hey, Ted, what’s going on?”

“Patty? Um, I, uh, didn’t expect you to come out,” he replied, sheepishly, glancing back towards the house. “We’ve, um... run into a bit of a problem. The dog’s owner, Fred, he’s, um... not wanting to turn the dog over to us.”

“HEY!” a loud male voice yelled out from the front door. “YOU STILL HERE? FOR THE LAST TIME, GET OFFA MY PROPERTY!”

“C’mon, Fred!” Ted yelled back. “Give it up already! The court decided that you surrender the dog to us. What do you think this is going to accomplish, anyway? Do I need to call out the sheriff?”

“Shaddap!” the belligerent man yelled back. “I ain’t letting you take my damned dog! I paid a fucking grand for this thing! If you want him, you better have a wad of money or a goddamn gun!” With that, he slammed his door shut.

Patty glanced at Ted, who looked equal parts angry and frustrated. “Shit... I should have known it would go like this,” he mumbled, shaking his head. “I should have contacted the Sheriff and had him meet me here just in case.” He sighed. “Sorry about this, Patty. But don’t worry, I’ll get it all straightened out, soon enough,” he promised, pulling out his cell phone.

“Don’t bother,” she replied, scowling, placing a hand on his shoulder. “I think I’ll go and have a talk with him myself. I’ll see if I can’t make him listen to reason.”

“What? No way! Are you insane?” Ted protested. “Frank Knox is belligerent drunk! He won’t listen to anyone but the police, and even that’s not guaranteed.” He shook his head, beginning to dial. “Let me see if I can reach the Sheriff...” he began, only to sigh softly, eyes drooping slightly as a wave of lethargy swept over him.

“That’s not necessary right now, Ted,” Patty stated, smirking as she continued to send pulses of hypnotic energy through her hands into his shoulder. She wasn’t nearly as adept as Zeb, but she had improved a lot during her training. “Just relax for a bit, Ted,” she continued, staring deeply into his eyes. “It’s all going to be fine. I’m going to have a little talk with Fred, and you’re going to sit out here calmly and wait. Isn’t that right, Ted?”

The young man nodded lightly. “Yeah... I’m going to sit here calmly and wait,” he remarked blankly, only to blink rapidly once Patty pulled her hand away again. “Ah, um... so, yeah, I’ll just wait here,” he repeated, frowning slightly, “but seriously, Patty, be careful. And just yell if you need me, okay?”

Patty grinned. “Will do, Ted,” she replied, sprinting over to the door.

Either Fred had been confident that he’d intimidated them enough to just give up, or he was too drunk to remember to lock the door. Either way, the doorknob turned easily, and opened, allowing her to step inside uncontested. She spotted Fred across the door, slouched over in his chair in front of the TV, a beer can clutched in his hand. The husky knelt on the floor at his feet and stared directly at her as she entered. He began barking immediately, no doubt to alert his master about the intruder, only to yelp and whine as the oblivious drunk jerked hard on the steel choke chain around his neck.

“Zeke! Shut up, ya damn mutt,” he yelled, twisting his grip on the chain. “I’m trying to watch the damn TV...”

Patty’s eyes narrowed. “You should listen to him,” she remarked, causing the man to whirl around suddenly in surprise. “He’s apparently a lot more attentive than you are.”

“Who the FUCK are you?” Fred yelled, standing up, glowering at her menacingly. “What are you doing in my house?”

“You really ARE stupid, aren’t you?” Patty snarked, crossing her arms. “My partner just told you outside—we’re here to take your dog, Zeke. You can do this the easy way and just surrender him to me, or you can be a pain in the ass and keep screwing around and end up getting your ass kicked. Either way, we’re leaving here with the dog.”

Fred stared at her for a moment before breaking out into laughter. “Hahahaha! Yeah, right, bitch!” he chuckled, picking up the baseball bat lying against his chair. “Tell ya what, bitch. You leave right now, and I won’t hurt you. Keep running your mouth, and I swear to you, I’m gonna beat the fucking SHIT outta you!”

Rather than be intimidated, Patty smiled. “That’s funny,” she said, shifting her feet slightly, adopting a fighting stance. “I was just about to say the same thing to you.” She raised her fists, smirking confidently. “You have one chance. Surrender right now, and apologize for your rudeness.”

“Fuck that!” Fred retorted, walking towards her menacingly. When she refused to budge, he grunted. “Fine! You asked for this!” he roared, swinging the bat directly at her head.

What happened next was completely beyond Fred’s ability to comprehend. One second he was towering over that small bitch of a girl, about to smack her head open like a walnut... and the next he was lying flat on his back, staring up at the ceiling, with pain in his chest, right arm, and wrist. Stranger still, the girl was staring down at him, smirking, holding his baseball bat in her hands. Glancing at the object with disdain, she tossed it over her shoulder... knocking over his TV, and shattering the screen.

“Aaaahh! You... fucking bitch!” he snarled, getting back to his feet, rushing at her again. For Patty, countering his charge was sheer child’s play. The man’s movements were slow, clumsy, and very uncoordinated. She hadn’t yet learned the battle trance from Zeb, but it was hardly needed against this opponent. Sidestepping his charge, she brought up her right forearm, blocking his swing, using her momentum to twist and lockup his arm, then planted her feet and twisted sharply. Frank let out a sharp cry as his arm dislocated, sending a wave of sharp pain through his body. Pulling back, he swung wildly with his left arm, intending to cause some damage as a bit of payback. Patty responded by ducking, then moving in, bringing a knee directly up into Fred’s abdomen, knocking the wind out of him. Gasping, staggering back, stunned, he had no defense for her follow-up, a brutal high kick connecting directly with his chin. Head snapping back, Fred tumbled back, landing back onto his backside once more.

For her part, Patty was actually a bit surprised. Training in Zeb’s unique fighting style, she’d felt like a complete novice, barely capable of holding her own in an actual fight. Of course, compared to Zeb and Sasha, she was still a novice, yet her fighting skills were still high tier compared to the average person. When Fred stumbled back to his feet once more, she was actually somewhat disappointed.

“Geez, guess you don’t know when to stay down, do you?” she mused aloud, as the drunken bully charged straight at her yet again. Sighing inwardly. she measured him carefully, leaping upwards to land a spinning roundhouse kick to the side of his temple as he drew into range. Fred hit the ground again, this time landing face down. As he struggled to regain his feet once more, he stumbled back down onto his hands and knees, panting heavily, cursing all the while.

“Fuckin’... cunt.. gonna... kill yer ass...” he grumbled even as he struggled to regain his breath. Glancing up, he blinked in surprise to find Patty kneeling next to him. In her hand was a diamond and sapphire pendant on a silver chain, dangling directly in his face. As he peered at it confused, it suddenly began to sway back and forth. “Huh? Wha...?”

“Just relax now, Freddy,” Patty intoned in a flat calm voice, focusing and channeling her hypnotic power into the pendant. “Just watch the stone as it swings and sparkles, Feel it drain away all of your anger, your frustration, your pain... leaving behind only a peaceful relaxation. Leaving you weak and submissive to my will.”

“Huh? Wha... no! Stop! What the... hell are you... you doing to me?” he grumbled. He pushed up, trying to regain his feet, only to cry out as she slammed her foot on his hand, keeping him in place.

“Shhhh! Just stay still,” Patty continued, smirking. “I know it hurts... just surrender to me now. Give in, and the pain will go away,” she stated, bringing the pendant even closer to his face, his eyes helplessly tracking it as it swayed. “Just relax... so tired, so sleepy... your eyes so heavy, closing even as you try to keep them open... relaxing, letting yourself drift... and sink deep into trance for me...”

“Nnooo... you... can’t do this...” Fred murmured, even as he felt himself beginning to drop into slumber. “Gonna... gonna kill... you... bitch...”

Patty merely laughed. “No, Freddy... what you’re going to do is submit to me... sleep now!” she commanded, sending another pulse of hypnotic force through her pendant. Fred’s eyes fluttered, then slammed closed. Satisfied, Patty spent a few minutes deepening his trance, ensuring that he was completely and totally hers. She briefly considered making him strip naked to further humiliate him, but decided against it. The man was hairy, with a large gut, and frankly the little of him that she saw was enough to turn her off.

Ignoring him, she turned towards the dog, cowering in the corner, barking loudly. He backed back as she approached, ears and tail down, a loud growl issuing forth. Patty sighed sadly, shaking her head. “Poor dear,” she said in sympathy at the sight of him. Half-starved, the husky’s frame was mostly skin, fur, and bones, its normally clear eyes cloudy and phlegmy. And it seemed to be favoring its left side, as it stood, which Patty suspected was from an injury or some kind of abuse.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Patty induced a self-trance, forcing herself to calm down. Entering a state of serenity, she opened her eyes and again approached the dog, exuding peacefulness. “Hey there, Zeke,” she said gently, dropping down, extending a hand towards him. “My name is Patty. It’s going to be okay,” she said, holding her breath slightly as he cautiously inched forward, sniffing her hand. “It’s okay, boy. I’m going to take you out of here... away from that mean old asshole.” Zeke sniffed, then sniffed again... and to Patty’s delight, began licking her hand. “Ah! There we go,” she said with a smile. “That’s a good boy. You can tell that I don’t mean you any harm.” She patted and rubbed his head gently, and his tail started wagging.

“Okay, Zeke, first things first. Let’s get this stupid chain off from around your neck,” she said, kneeling down, carefully releasing him from the choke chain. She nearly spat in disgust, noting the deep depression and irritation around the poor dog’s neck. Glaring back at Fred, she considered wrapping it around his neck and dragging him around, letting him experience what it was like. Ultimately, however, she decided to leave the brute to his own devices, choosing to prioritize getting Zeke out of there and to a vet instead. Placing a cloth collar and leash on him, she rubbed and patted the husky encouragingly for a bit before leading him to the door.

Pausing, she glanced back at Fred. “Alright, listen up, Fred,” she commanded. “Since you obviously don’t know how to treat a dog, you’re going to spend the next week living the life of one. In just a moment, Zeke and I are going to leave here. When I do, you are going to strip completely naked, then go out into the backyard. You will completely and absolutely believe yourself to be a dog. You will act just like one, barking, sniffing, pooping, all like a dog. You won’t be able to speak human language, but you’ll still understand it. But no one and nothing will convince you that you are not a dog... not until the seventh day has passed. Do you understand me?”

The burly man nodded weakly. “Yes... I understand...”

“Good,” Patty replied simply. Not giving him a second look she turned and left the house with Zeke at her side.

“Patty! Thank goodness!” Ted exclaimed, rushing over to greet her. “I was starting to get worried. What the hell went on in there? I heard shouting... then something crashing...” He frowned. “I was just about to call the police, and maybe an ambulance...”

“That won’t be necessary,” Patty replied with a grin. “Freddy threw a bit of a tantrum, but ultimately he listened to reason. He’s going to sulk for a bit and think about his actions. Besides, we have more important concerns,” she added, gesturing to the dog on the end of her leash.

“Oh, man,” Ted murmured, kneeling down to pet the poor mistreated pet. “He’s in pretty bad shape, isn’t he? Well, you’re right, we’d better take him over to All Valley Medical.” He scratched the husky lightly behind the ears and chuckled as Zeke licked his face. “Yeah... he’s such a good boy... he didn’t deserve to be mistreated this way.” He sighed. “Still... we’ve rescued dogs worse off than him. I think he’ll be okay once we get some weight back on him.”

“Yeah, I hope so,” Patty said, softly. Nothing truly broke her heart more than the mistreatment of animals. Still, the way he was responding, she had high hopes. Geez... been with the guy for just a few minutes and I’m already getting attached to him. Shaking her head, she helped Ted get him loaded up into his truck, then slid into her own vehicle to follow him to the vet.

* * *

“Well! Who do we have here?” Maxwell asked smiling as the furry head panting before him. He petted the friendly dog chuckling as he nuzzled into him. He glanced up at his Mistress who simply watched from across the room, looking amused. “Ah, pardon me, Mistress,” he said blushing deeply. “Is this your new pet?”

“Sort of. His name’s Zeke,” Patty answered, smiling. “He’s a rescue that I helped pick up. His owner abused him, neglected him, and left him chained outside to starve while he went away for days at a time. So now we’re going to be taking care of the little guy and letting him recover.” She glanced up as Barbara entered the room, carrying a small metal bowl filled with dry dog food. “Ah, perfect timing! I trust you made the proper arrangements for our new guest?”

“Yes, Mistress,” the blonde thrall replied nodding as she knelt down, placing the bowl on the floor, which Zeke walked over to almost immediately. “I set up a room for him on the ground floor with no carpeting for any... accidents,” she said with distaste, “as well as setting up a section of the backyard for him to play in. I’ve made calls to have a fencing company out to install a fence as well, but the earliest they can come out is Wednesday.”

“Okay, that’ll be fine. The important thing is that Zeke here has a place where he feels safe and loved,” Patty stated. She smiled again as Zeke finished eating, having cleaned his bowl. “Ooohh! Good boy! You ate it all,” she cheered the dog, who began wagging his tail at the praise. “Max, I would really like to see about putting some noticeable weight on him soon as possible, so I’d like you to add in a special treat for him, like a cooked chicken breast or two, in addition to his dry dog food. Basically, when I eat, he’ll eat.”

“Understood, Mistress,” Max replied with a nod. “I will see to it.”

“Great! I’ll trust you to look after him then,” she replied, turning back to Barbara. “Barb, I need to head out shortly, and I’m bringing you and Sam with me. We’re finally heading over to the Spiral Club. I’m going to grab a quick shower, and change clothes. Set out something appropriate for me, then get dressed up as well.”

“As you wish, Mistress,” she replied, turning to head down the hall just as the front doorbell rang. Heading to the door instead, she returned a moment later. “Mistress, it appears the four young men you hired to cut our grass have finally finished. Their leader is outside, wishing to speak to you.”

Oh, right, I nearly forgot about them, she thought idly, grabbing her purse. Grinning, she walked to the front door to greet the boys again. “Hey there,” she said with a smile. “Sorry to keep you boys waiting. I saw you were just about done when I drove up a few minutes ago, and I have to say, I am very pleased with the results. You boys did a great job. Still, it’s pretty hot out here. Would you like to come in for something cold to drink? I’ve got iced tea and lemonade if you want.”

“No thank you, ma’am,” the leader, Mike, replied. “We’re just fine. Really, we just need to receive our pay and head out. We all need to check in with our folks before it gets too late.”

“Yeah,” a second young man with blonde hair added, “plus we have other houses yet to visit. We still have a ways to go before we reach our goal.”

“Yeah, about that,” Patty said. digging around inside her purse, “you said you were saving up for a trip to... Peru, was it? How short are you boys from your goal? How much more do you need to put you over the top?”

“Well,” the third boy, a slightly chubby sandy-haired lad spoke up, “the total for all four of us, with expenses and everything added in, would be about six thousand dollars. We’re about two-thirds of the way there so far, so...”

“So,” Patty said, withdrawing two large stacks of bills, “two thousand dollars would do it, right? That would bring you to your total?”

The boys openly gaped at her in shock. “W... wait!” Mike protested. “No, you... you can’t be serious... you’re just... giving us...”

“Two thousand dollars, yes,” Patty replied, handing it over. “I told you before. If I liked what I saw, I would give you a bonus.” She smirked at their astonished faces. “I don’t know if it escaped your notice, boys, but I live in a mansion. I can afford to be a little generous, particularly when I see four hard-working young men working hard for a cause they believe in.” She shrugged. “At any rate, I need to get changed and head out soon. The offer for something cold to drink still stands, if you’d like to come in for a moment.”

“Actually, ma’am, thanks for the offer,” the leader replied, smiling gratefully, “but after your very very generous help, we really do need to get back to our families and give them the good news!” Patty gave them a wink and headed inside.

* * *

The Spiral Club was even more impressive inside than it was on the outside.

Patricia let out a steadying breath as she walked through the wide ample halls, taking in the sights while trying desperately not to look like the complete and total newbie that she was. Most of the other hypnotists she noticed walking around all exuded an air of confidence, and ease with their surroundings. And while she was, normally, very confident and self-assured, her experience with Mistress Shannon Lang had taught her a proper respect for other hypnotists, particularly those older and more experienced than herself. Kicking herself mentally for showing weakness, she forced a confident look onto her face and marched over to the front desk.

The attendant, a blonde scantily clad woman with a visible slave collar, smiled at her. “Greetings, ma’am, and welcome to the Spiral. How may I assist you today?”

“Hello. My name is Patty.... er. MISTRESS Patricia,” she clarified, “and I am here to claim my VIP suite. I, er... was told I have one upstairs somewhere but.... I’m not sure where, exactly,” she trailed off blushing.

“Hmm... let me see,” the attendant replied, tapping on her computer briefly. “Ah! Yes, here it is. Apprentice Mistress Patricia Jamison,” Patty visibly stiffened at the ‘apprentice’ being tacked on, “you have an adjoining suite with your mentor, Master Zebediah Clark on the twentieth floor. Here is your key,” she stated, handing over a small plastic card, “as well as your VIP pin and introductory packet,” she added, handing her a small white folder. “I am sure you are already familiar with the rules concerning hypnotizing and enslaving the club’s patrons, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.”

“No, no, I got the basics,” Patty replied, flipping through the packet briefly, nodding. “My... mentor clued me in. Where are your elevators located?” she asked, glancing around.

“The closest one to your left, just past the souvenir shop,” she replied helpfully. “The number for the front desk is given in your information packet if you need anything, and any Spiral Club worker dressed like me can help you if needed.” She bowed slightly. “Please enjoy yourself, Mistress Patricia, and let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay even better,”

“Yeah, will do,” she replied idly, already turning towards the elevators. Wordlessly, her two slaves followed along behind her. They each carried a large rollaway suitcase filled with Patty’s personal belongings with which to decorate and personalize her suite. Once inside the elevators, Patty let out a sigh, relaxing a bit. “Man... this place really is huge,” she commented idly. “And talk about expensive? I thought our mansion was decadent, but this place puts it to shame... don’t you think, Barb?”

“Truthfully, Mistress,” the thrall replied, “I have to agree. Arthur Winston really outdid himself. Of course, he has always had a flair for the dramatic, choosing to flaunt his wealth and power openly. This club is just the latest example of that trend.”

Patty nodded thoughtfully. “I guess it’s natural that you would know him. You and he probably traveled in the same circles, I suppose.” She sighed, glancing up as the elevator pinged, signaling its arrival on the twentieth floor. “Looks like this is our stop. C’mon, you two. Let’s see Mr. Winston has provided for us.”

Stepping inside her suite, Patty was not disappointed. She whistled in appreciation, glancing around. The suite was easily three thousand square feet, which was shocking in and of itself, considering that it was an adjoined suite. Even Barbara seemed impressed, her usual stoic mask slipping a bit as she openly gaped at her surroundings. Exploring a bit, she found the doorway connecting to Zeb’s suite, but left it alone, knowing that he was not in at the moment. “So, this is going to be my new home away from home,” she mused aloud, dropping down on a large white leather sofa, sighing in comfort. “Yeah. I think I can definitely get used to this.”

After an hour of work, the anonymous suite was beginning to look more personalized, containing more of Patty’s personal flair. Satisfied for the moment, she called her slaves back to her. “Okay, guys, I think we’re good here. For now, I want to explore this place a bit. Sam, you’re still my bodyguard, alright, but I want you to play it really loose. This place is full of True Hypnotists and their own slaves and bodyguards. Zeb’s thrall, Sasha, for instance, is a former KGB sniper and assassin. And according to him, there are people here at her level and even better.”

“I understand that Mistress,” Sam replied, frowning slightly, “but it’s still my duty to protect you. If someone makes a move on you, what do you want me to do?”

Patty sighed. “Well, this club has pretty established rules on decorum, so I highly doubt I’ll end up in a position where my life is in danger,” she replied, “but if I do get in over my head, your job will be to contact one of the staff. Zeb also said the Spiral has other hypnotists, witches, and mentalists on staff, people strong enough to handle anyone who gets too rowdy or attempts to break the rules. Contact one of them and they’ll break it up.”

The dark-skinned slave nodded. “Understood, Mistress. If that’s your will, then I will obey.” He didn’t personally like it. He’d been conditioned and trained to protect his Mistress with his life, after all. A former Army Ranger, he was no stranger to combat, equally at home in close quarters and fighting armed from a distance. Still, having met Master Zeb and his thrall, and seen them sparring, he knew enough to know when he was outmatched. And if turning tail and running off to find help was ultimately the best way to protect his Mistress in an emergency, then that was what he would do.

“As for you, Barb,” Patty said, smirking as she turned to her thrall, “you will be playing the part of eye candy. Lose the sundress and sandals. You’re going to be going topless.”

Barbara’s eyes widened in surprise, even as her traitorous hands began obeying her Mistress’ command, sliding down the straps of her dress. “N-n-n... yes, Mistress,” she replied helplessly, unable to voice her protest aloud. “As you wish.” Kicking off her sandals, she grimaced at the sight of her lightly tanned bare feet, her pedicured toes painted a scarlet red at her Mistress’ direction to match her own. The only things she wore were the ever-present collar around her neck and a pair of sheer purple panties covering her sex.

Satisfied, Patty kicked off her own heels, letting out a little sigh at the sensation of her bare feet against the luxurious plush carpeting. It was another strange inexplicable thing about being a True Hypnotist that she didn’t get but couldn’t deny was true; being barefoot was more natural, and did indeed make her feel more powerful. She still wasn’t sure if she fully believed in some mythical human-turned-goddess from ancient times that gave her and others their hypnotic powers, but Zeb had been right about everything else, so she figured she might as well follow Her tenants as much as possible.

Heading out of the room, she paused, stepping back in time to keep from bumping into an attractive pink-haired woman walking down the other side of the hallway. “Oh! Excuse me,” Patty said, grinning slightly. “Sorry, I didn’t see you there. Didn’t mean to nearly bowl you over.”

“No problem,” the woman replied, grinning back. “No harm, no foul, right? By the way, that suite you just left... were you just visiting the guy that stays there?”

Patty blinked, frowning slightly. “No, actually this is MY suite,” she clarified. “My, er... mentor, Master Zebediah Clark, has the one adjoining mine next door,” she added, gesturing to the right, “but this one is mine. Do you know Zeb?”

The pink-haired woman laughed. “Ah, so you’re his protege, huh?” she asked, taking a moment to look Patty over. “It’s good to finally meet you. And yeah, I’m a friend of his. Name’s Dazzle,” she said, extending a hand, which Patty shook. “He hasn’t been around in a while, so I was just swinging by to see if he was in.”

Patty nodded. “Yeah, he said earlier that he’s got a busy week this week. I think he’s at his clinic right now, though. He owns the Lotus Spa downtown, and works as the lead massage therapist.”

“Really?” Dazzle asked, eyes lighting up. “Interesting! I might have to make an appointment and stop by.”

Patty chuckled. “You won’t be disappointed if you do. He’s really good... like, fucking good! You could say he has ‘magic fingers’,” she quipped, chuckling again before sighing. “So, you’re a member here too? Do you know your way around this place? Today’s my first day, and I was just about to go wandering around, taking in the sights. Do you know a good place to eat? I heard there’s a food court around here somewhere...”

Dazzle laughed, shaking her head ruefully. Food, huh? Like mentor, like apprentice, she thought to herself. “Actually, yeah, I know a great place. If you like, I’ll lead you there, and we can talk some more.”

“Great! Sounds like a plan,” Patty replied. “Oh, and before I forget, these are my two slaves, Barbara and Sam,” she said, as an afterthought, gesturing to the two slaves standing silently behind her. “Do you have any slaves of your own here with you?” she asked, curious.

“Actually, no, I don’t have any here with me at the club,” Dazzle replied. “I’m not actually a hypnotist,” she added, causing Patty to blink in surprise. “I’m a mentalist, specifically, and I can put people in a trance, but it’s more of a temporary thing.” She shrugged. “Still, I get by well enough.” She blinked, frowning slightly at the way Patty was staring at her. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“You’re... a mentalist?” Patty said slowly, eyes wide. “I real honest-to-goodness mentalist? With psychic powers?”

“Uh, yeah, “ Dazzle replied, still frowning. “I just said so. Why? What’s so—eeerrkk!”

“Wow! That is the coolest thing I have ever heard!” Patty said, surprising her by enthusiastically shaking her hand again. “You must be so amazing! Can you read minds? Move things with your mind? Oh! Are you a firestarter... a... um.. what’s it call... pyromancer or something?” she asked, utterly fascinated.

“Hey, hey, slow down, there,” Dazzle replied, amused. “Obviously, you have a lot of questions. Tell you what, you buy me dinner and I’ll answer all your questions while we dine. Deal?”

“Deal!” Patty stated, agreeing instantly, heading towards the elevators. “C’mon then. I’m starving, both for food and for information.” Chuckling again, Dazzle followed along behind her new friend and her slaves.