The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop IV: Sex, Lies & Duct Tape.

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 2001. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author, Canadian Cowboy.

Chapter 10. There Is A Penalty For Early Withdrawal.

As the days and weeks passed, my life and Andy’s settled down. We worked through our guilt and saw no more of Todd. We finally got back to our normal routines, which was a welcome relief. We saw each other when we could and even managed to get away for another weekend, but at a different house, of course. I even hypnotized one or two guys, but it wasn’t anything all that interesting. The only fallout from our little adventure with Todd was that Andy’s friend Jonathan Briggs, the owner of the country house, got weeded out of Andy’s life. Andy wanted nothing more to do with Jonathan. (Can you blame Andy for that?) As for Jonathan, he was probably just as happy not to have to deal with Andy any more. So life for Andy and me went on with all its usual mundane routines, like having to do your banking.

Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) have allowed me to do nearly all of my banking, without having to go to the bank. This was one of those rare times when I had to go to the bank in person. It seemed that I needed to order some additional personal cheques, as my supply was nearly exhausted. So when lunch hour rolled around on this particular Wednesday, I headed over to the nearest downtown branch of my bank to take care of this minor if annoying chore. As I walked over to the bank, I tried to look on the bright side of the situation. Maybe I’d see some good looking guy in a suit while I was at the bank. It was a workday after all, and banks do have managers, not to mention business customers on a weekday. These thoughts brought a smile to my face as I drew closer to the bank building. I knew I’d never find anyone as good looking as my Andy, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t have fun looking. So I headed off to the bank with a light heart, wondering if I was going to get lucky.

After a short ten minute walk I arrived at the local branch of my bank, opened the door and walked in. As I headed off to the customer service desk I was pleased to discover that there were only three people ahead of me. A young woman, in a light tan skirt and a white blouse, a young man in a dark blue two piece suit, and another young man in a pair of khaki casual pants with a dark blue denim jacket. All in all unremarkable. I patiently waited my turn. There appeared to be only one person working at the service counter, a well groomed young man wearing a light gray two piece suit of some kind. I was too far away to make out many details other than he had sandy blond hair and looked to be on the slim and trim side. (Blonde, young, slim and trim, and apparently well dressed to boot....hmm....looks good so far, wouldn’t you say?)

I had just walked up to the counter for my turn when it happened. All hell broke loose. It happened so fast that I was unsure of what happened exactly. All I can definitely remember is the sound of gunfire and ducking down in sheer terror. My heart was racing and all I could seem to hear was the pounding of my heart in my ears.

“Everyone on the floor!” Boomed out a loud and commanding voice from somewhere off to my right. “Nobody try to be a hero and we are out of here in ten minutes! Your choice! Drop or be dropped!” Three more times I heard the sound of a very large caliber gun being fired. Don’t ask me if it was a shotgun or a machine gun. I’m no gun expert. To me it sounded like a howitzer going off.

I’m not a coward, but neither am I a fool. I dropped to the floor and hugged it like I was in love with it. (No I did not imagine that the floor was Andy. Andy didn’t even enter into my mind at the time. I was busy wrestling down my fear.) I had no intention of doing anything other than hugging that floor for all I was worth. After all it was the bank’s money that these robbers wanted, not mine. I wasn’t about to risk my life for the bank’s money or even to protect my own money. Money can be replaced, a life cannot.

This gang was well organized and knew what they were doing. They had ski masks pulled down on their faces, so identifying them was clearly out of the question. In less than a minute they had managed to gather up all the customers and staff and herd them to a semi open area behind the bank counter. They had us stand there with our arms raised high in the air. It wasn’t exactly comfortable, but I wasn’t about to complain about it, either. They plucked the bank manager and the assistant bank manager from out of the collection of scared people. The robbers were able to identify these two men immediately, which suggested that this bank heist had been carefully planned. I didn’t get much of a chance to look at either man though, as they were shuffled past the rest of us rather quickly. I stood there with the rest of the captives, wondering what was going to happen next. I focused my attention on my breathing in an effort to calm myself down. After a minute or so, I felt it start to work. My initial terror melted away. I was still scared, but I wasn’t paralyzed with fear anymore.

My attention was wrenched away from my breathing by a labored cry of “Help...I...can’t.....breathe!” coming from someone nearby. I looked about and saw that a man had fallen to his knees with his hands clawed about his throat, as he gasped for air. The man was kneeling away from me so I couldn’t see his face. I could see part of the seat of his pants what with the way his suit jacket was hiked up by his upraised arms. However, this was not the time to be noticing such potentially erotic details. I didn’t hesitate. I lowered my arms and walked over to where the man was to see if I could help him.

“You, get back to where you were!” Cried out one of the bank robbers who was guarding us.

“This man needs help,” I calmly answered. “Unless you want to be held responsible for this man’s death, I suggest to let me see if I can determine what the problem is.”

“You a doctor?” The robber asked gruffly.

“No,” I answered as I knelt down beside the stricken man, turning away from the robber. “But you certainly can’t afford to take a look at this man, and he needs help.”

“Be quick about it,” the robber snarled at me.

I ignored him and placed my right hand on the shoulder of the man kneeling beside me as I talked to him, pitching my voice in my best soothing tones. “Don’t to speak, sir”, I said to him softly. “Just nod your head for yes, or shake your head for no. Understand?”

The man nodded his head.

“Are you having an asthma attack?” I asked him.

The man shook his head.

“Some other type of attack or condition that needs medication?” I prompted him.

The man shook his head again.

I thought for a second. “A panic attack of some kind?” I asked him.

The man nodded his head vigorously.

“Hyperventilating?” I asked him.

More nodding, but frantic now. The man looked up at me, and then slowly raised one trembling arm and pointed to one of the desks across the way. I was more focused where the man was pointing then on what he looked like or how he was dressed.

“There’s a paper bag in your desk drawer and you need it, right?” I asked feeling sure that I had figured out what the poor man was trying to tell me.

More frantic nodding.

“Excuse me, sir!” I called out to the robber who was guarding us.

“Yeah, what is it?” the man grunted with a sneer in his voice.

“This man is hyperventilating, due to the panic attack he is having. He needs to breath into a paper bag. He pointed to that desk over there.” I answered as I slowly and carefully raised my right arm and indicated the desk that this poor man had pointed out to me. “I would like your permission to help him over there to get the bag. Please, it’s very important.”

“All right,” the robber agreed with obvious reluctance. “But I’m coming with you, to be sure that neither of you try anything. So you can forget about pressing the silent alarm button located under the front edge of that desk.”

I looked at the robber in stunned surprise. I had not known about that. Clearly this was a very professional gang, which made them all the more dangerous. “Yes, sir, I understand,” I replied meekly, not wanting to escalate the situation any. I helped the young man stand, and let him lean on me as we slowly made our way across the bank floor towards the desk we were seeking. The bank robber followed keeping a close eye on us.

As we walked, I looked over and saw that one of the other bank robbers was taking over the guard duties of the man who was escorting me and young man I was helping. Slowly it dawned on me that this young man must be a bank employee. In fact I recognized him as the cute young man behind the customer service counter. Any other time I would have been thrilled to be so close to a young man such as this, but this was not the time or place to consider anything like that. If something went wrong we could all wind up dead. (There’s a thought that will take the wind out of your sails.) I’m sure the bank robbers didn’t want that, but who knew what might happen? At least the security guards were not going to try anything. As soon as the robbers had all of us on the floor they had relieved the security guards of their weapons. I only noticed all this now, as I took the opportunity to look around.

When we arrived at the desk, I noticed that there was a nameplate sitting on the front of the desk, with the name T. Carson on it. “It’s okay, sir, we’re nearly there,” I said softly into the man’s ear. It was probably his desk, but now was not the time to be asking the poor man his name. He dropped to his knees in front of the desk, pushing aside the chair that was behind the desk. He clawed at the left bottom drawer. He yanked it open a second later and snatched at the brown paper bag that was lying on top of some files. He popped the bag open and plastered it over his mouth and nose, holding it there with both hands. I grabbed him by the shoulders to steady his shaking body. The bag inflated and deflated as he breathed into it. After about a minute or so his labored breathing slowed down and the tension in his body seemed to lessen somewhat. I kept a strong gripe on his torso to give him a feeling of support and comfort. (It was also a very nice feeling, being this close to such a good looking blonde haired young man. Hey, just because I was in a dangerous situation in a bank heist, didn’t mean I couldn’t appreciate the local scenery.)

“Here let me help you into this chair,” I said to him as I took a firm gripe on his shoulders and helped him to stand up. He nodded his head once as I helped him to sit down into the chair that he had pushed away a few minutes ago. Once I had him settled into the chair I snagged a chair from one of the nearby desks, rolled it over to where this man was sitting and sat down in that chair so that I was sitting next to him.

“I take it this is your desk?” I asked him. He nodded once. “So you are Mr. Carson?” I asked. Another nod of his head. “You look better. How are you feeling Mr. Carson?”

“I can breathe a lot easier now,” he answered. He took the bag away from his mouth only long enough to answer my question, then he replaced the brown paper bag over his mouth. His breathing still wasn’t normal but it was much easier.

‘How’s he doing?” The bank robber asked me. I had nearly forgotten he was there.

“He’s better now, it would seem,” I answered cautiously. “But I don’t think he’s done with the bag yet.” Mr. Carson confirmed my guess as he emphatically shook his head side to side in a definite ‘no’. His breathing quicken at the mention of giving up the bag.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, it appears that you will be blessed with our company for a bit longer,” called out one for the bank robbers from the vicinity of the bank vault. “A slight problem has developed with the locking mechanism on the vault and we will be here for another thirty to forty-five minutes.” And with that the bank manager and his assistant were shoved out to join the rest of the cluster of captives. Neither man looked as if he had been enjoying a good time. Both walked with limps, and held their hands to their faces trying to nurse the accumulated lumps and bruises that resided there. I didn’t even want to try imaging what had happened to those men. One thing was for sure, they had not passed the time playing ‘Go Fish’.

As soon as he heard the announcement, Mr. Carson’s panic attack came back in full force. It was a wonder that he didn’t pass out. His breathing rate skyrocketed from almost normal to maximum overdrive. If it hadn’t been for that brown paper bag, I don’t know what would have happened.

The bank robber looked down at the two of us and sighed. “Hmm....It looks as if you’re going to have to stay with him for a while longer, but we can’t leave you here near all these alarm buttons,” the robber said coldly. “I wouldn’t want either of you to start getting any ideas. Let me think for a moment.” The robber tapped his ski masked enshrouded chin thoughtfully. (I kept my mouth shut and waited patiently. I knew better than to suggest anything unless asked first. These men were in control of the situation and there wasn’t much of anything I could do about it. Besides it would be only for a another half hour or so.)

“Take him over there,” the bank robber said as he pointed to the semi enclosed area where people dealt with their safety deposit boxes. I looked at him as I slowly rose to my feet. I tugged at Mr. Carson’s arm as I pulled him the direction the bank robber had indicated. It was a short trip. I kept telling Mr. Carson that it would all right and the whole thing would be over very soon. We selected one of the rooms near the back and pulled up a couple of chairs so that we could sit together and talk. We certainly weren’t going to sit there and do nothing. We settled down and Mr. Carson kept that brown paper bag clamped over his mouth and nose like his life depended on it.

“My name’s Paul. What’s yours?” I asked him once we had settled ourselves in.

“Ted,” he answered, taking the bag away just long enough to answer me. Clearly he was still scared. “Thanks for helping me, Paul,” he said a few moments later.

“You’re welcome, Ted. Are you feeling any better?” I asked him softly, as I gazed at him. I successfully fought the urge to take an inventory of his appearance. I wanted to do that, but Ted needed my help.

“As long as I don’t have to take the bag off, and those bank robbers keep away from me, yes,” he answered, forcing the words out in a rush.

“Maybe if you concentrated on something else it would help you to relax,” I suggested, as an idea popped into my mind.

“Like what?” Ted asked, as he started to focus more on what I was saying and less on worrying about the bank robbers.

“Well, my eyes come to mind,” I said jokingly. “You can try gazing into them. They’re not exactly the most stunning eyes in the world, but I think they’re better than looking around at the bank robbers.”

“Okay,” Ted said as he looked over at me and made eye contact.

I gazed back into his eyes and sent in a few simple and light commands suggesting that he would find it very easy to look deep into my eyes and to follow along with what I said. I was hard pressed to conceal my surprise and delight in finding out that Ted’s mind was practically fully open to me. I barely had to push my commands into his mind. I had never encountered a person with so little resistance before. His mind absorbed my instructions like a sponge sucking up water. It was amazing to say the least. “That’s fine, Ted,” I said as I modulated the tones of my voice into smooth and even tones. It was the prelude to my usual hypnotic induction. “Go ahead and keep the bag on your face, it will help you to breathe easier. All I would like you to do is to keep looking into my eyes. Let your attention center on them. Don’t push yourself, just let it happen evenly and naturally.”

I paused for a few seconds to let Ted get accustomed to the low even tones that I was using. I wanted to get him accustomed to having to concentrate and to listen to my voice, since that would aid in the induction. “Just let your eyes blink normally. Don’t try to stare into my eyes, just look at them, like you would at a television set. Just let your eyes gaze into mine, blinking normally to prevent your eyes from feeling any strain. And soon and very soon indeed you’ll find it becomes just a bit easier to keep you gaze focused and locked on my eyes.”

Ted blinked his eyes a few times, as he listened to my words and let the meaning flow into his mind. His hands were still clasped on the neck of the paper bag and his breathing was still somewhat faster than normal. But it had slowed down a little bit. At least I thought it had.

“Knowing that you and I are safe, here alone by ourselves. Away from everyone else, it is just the two of us, so you can let yourself go. You can really use your powers of concentration to focus your ears on the words that you hear me speak as you let your eyes stay fixed and focused on my eyes,” I encouraged Ted. I was delighted to see an ever so slight nod of his head. I pushed on. “Ted, the amazing thing that I’d found with most people is that the more intelligent they are, the easier they find it to keep looking into my eyes, as they continue to listen to my words. The words are like a even smooth steady stream that seems to reach out to them and just guide them along as they keep looking into my eyes.”

There it was again. That ever so slight nod of Ted’s head. His breathing had definitely slowed. It was now almost completely normal. “Some people find that as they keep looking into my eyes it starts to seem soothing and relaxing. It becomes the most amazing sensation as if they were looking into deep still quiet waters,” I told him as I proceeded with the induction. “Many people have told me that they find it relaxing to just keep on looking deeper and deeper into my eyes, and letting all the unimportant concerns and worries of the day just drift up and out of their minds.”

“It is not at all uncommon to notice a change in your breathing, as you achieve total concentration on just my eyes and my voice,” I urged him as I noticed his breathing start to become deeper and more rhythmic. There was no question that he was going into hypnosis (or rather super hypnosis), but it was a very light stage at this point. He wasn’t even aware of what was happening to him, since all he wanted to do when we started was to take his mind off of the bank robbers. We’d succeeded in doing that all right! My mind was definitely NOT on the bank robbers!

“And soon and very soon indeed, when you feel yourself just letting go more and more, just letting yourself go down deeper and deeper into my eyes, you find yourself nodding your head ever so slightly,” I prompted him as I started to pile on the suggestions. “Finding it becoming easier and easier with each word that I utter and with each breath that you take, to keep on looking into my eyes and going down deeper and deeper. Nothing else seems important to you right now, other than to keep looking deeper and deeper into my eyes, letting yourself go more and more. For the deeper you look, the better you feel, and the better you feel the deeper you look. Always looking deeper, always feeling better. And soon and very soon indeed, when you realize that your breathing has become deep and easy, you’ll realize that you no longer need that paper bag over your mouth.”

“It would feel kind of nice, kind of relaxing to be able to lower your arms and let them rest,” I suggested to him. “You’ve been holding that bag there for such a long time, and you really don’t need it anymore. You know you are in control of yourself now. Your breathing is deep and regular, really comfortable, so you don’t need that bag anymore. So it would be perfectly okay to just let it drop away from your face, Ted.”

This was a critical point. The brown paper bag Ted was holding represented security and control to him. I did not wait to see if Ted was going to respond. I kept piling on the suggestions. “For it seems that the deeper you look into my eyes, the better you feel, and the better you feel the deeper you look. Always looking deeper, always feeling better. And it seems with each word that I utter and with each deep relaxing breath you take that bag seems to feel heavier and heavier.”

Ted’s arm’s twitched, but they did not dip down as I had hoped they would. It would seem that more persuasion was needed.

“You know that it’s okay to let go of that bag,” I encouraged him as I kept the patter and tone of my voice even and smooth. “You don’t need it anymore. You know you are safe and secure, and you can breath easily and comfortably now. You’ve found a place, a place in my eyes where you can be safe. No worries. No troubles. Just peace, comfort and deep relaxation. It’s so easy to just keep looking into my eyes. It’s all that you can think of doing now. And when you want to keep on looking and going deeper and feeling even better, more relaxed and wonderful, you just nod your head and keep on looking.”

A second later Ted nodded his head once, and kept his eyes focused on mine.

“Good,” I thought he’s responding well. “I’ll have to try a slightly different tack.” After a second or two of thought I spoke out loud to Ted again.

“It’s amazing how good it makes you feel, when you keep looking into my eyes, Ted,” I said to him. “There’s no need for you to speak. You can just nod your head when you feel yourself feeling better and going deeper and deeper. It is not at all unusual to find yourself feeling comfortable and relaxed as you continue to gaze into my eyes, lost in your own special place where you know you are safe and secure. For the more you look into my eyes, the deeper you go and the deeper you go, the more relaxed you feel your body becoming. Even your breathing is relaxing you now.”

Ted’s eyes were definitely starting to get that glazed over look that signals someone entering hypnosis. His arms though, were still holding that darn bag in front of his face. “Going deeper and deeper into relaxation as you start to lose yourself in my eyes. You can feel your body becoming more and more comfortable and relaxed with every word that I utter and with each breath that you take. Soon, you’ll feel so relaxed and comfortable that your body will become completely limp. It will feel as if gravity has suddenly become ten times stronger than normal, and no matter how hard you try to hold your body up, you’ll be unable to. You’ll sink down into that chair, letting out a deep sigh as you surrender to the force of gravity.”

Ted nodded his head as he listened to my words. I saws his arms dip down a bit, but only for a moment or two. Ted exerted some obvious effort as he raised his arms back up again. “The harder you try to fight the force of gravity, Ted, the stronger the force of gravity becomes. That’s a simple physical law,” I said in a mellow and soothing tone of voice. “There’s nothing you can do to fight it. There’s no way you can win against the force of gravity, and deep down you know it. After all it feels so good to just keep going deeper and deeper as you continue to look into my eyes, that you couldn’t look away now even if you wanted to. You don’t want to look away from my eyes, right Ted?” I asked him.

Ted nodded his head almost immediately. His eyes were definitely glazed over now. He had a slack jawed expression on his face now. Well, the area of his face that was not obscured by that paper bag he was still holding in front of his mouth and nose. All the signs seemed to indicate that Ted was on the very edge of letting go and slipping way down into hypnosis, but something was holding him back. I wasn’t sure what it was though.

“And why should you when it feels so darn good to keep on looking into my eyes and going deeper and deeper?” I asked him rhetorically, without missing a beat in my hypnotic patter. “You’re safe now, and you know it. Deep down you know it to be true, so anytime that you want to, you can let go. You can surrender to the force of gravity and know that you are safe and secure,” I spoke soothingly as I saw his head nod a few more times. “Just let go, Ted. Let go and let yourself go down into that safe place you see in my eyes. It’s all right. I’ll keep you safe.”

Suddenly Ted took a deep breath and let it out with a loud whoosh. As the air left his lungs his body collapsed into a heap, like a puppet whose strings have been cut. His arms dropped down to his slide and the brown paper bag slipped out of his limp fingers. His eyes rolled up and into the back in his head. A half a second later his eyelids shut and his head dropped down to his chest. His upper body slumped down into the chair, as the force of gravity took over. I was surprised and thankful that he didn’t topple out of the chair.

“Just relax and enjoy yourself, Ted,” I muttered to him as I looked at him sitting there in front of me. “I’ll wake you up when the bank robbers are gone.”

“Yes.....thank......you,” Ted said slowly but clearly. There wasn’t a hint of concern or worry in his voice.

I was satisfied. (Boy is THAT an understatement.) I had been denied any opportunity so far to really look over Ted Carson, so I did it now. Ted was wearing a gray pinstripe suit, but it was a three piece suit, not a two piece suit as I had originally thought. Apparently the closed three button single breasted suit jacket has concealed the vest beneath it, so that I had not noticed the vest. But I noticed it now. How could I not, since Ted was sitting there slumped in a chair only a couple of feet away from me? The vest fit him well. It was snug but not tight, hinting at the trim figure that he had. The suit jacket was hanging open. (Maybe you already figured that out for yourself by now.) I could see that the vest had four welt pockets and was done up with five buttons along the front, all of which were done up. Beneath the vest was a white dress shirt and plain silk tie, navy blue in colour. The suit jacket hung well on Ted, although it was difficult to determine how well since Ted was sitting down. The suit pants seemed to fit well, too. Again, I couldn’t really tell since Ted was sitting down. I could see the front of his pants and they seemed to fit well. A quick flick of my eyes down at Ted’s feet confirmed my suspicion. Ted was wearing black leather shoes. All in all, it was a simple but attractive ensemble. (This was a bank after all, and flashy attire is not the norm.) Was Ted wearing a belt? I didn’t know. Short of my reaching over and examining him, there was no way for me to determine that. If I did something like that, it would be suspicious to say the least.

“Ted, just let your head float up in to a normal position, keeping your eyes closed. That will help you to go even deeper and feel even better,” I told him.

“Yes,” Ted replied as he slowly raised that sandy blonde thatched head of his until it was level with mine.

I smiled at the sight that greeted my eyes. Ted’s face was completely relaxed and peaceful, but that is not what caused me to smile. Ted was a handsome young man. He was clean shaven, with his hair cropped short, and parted down the center of his head. This gave the effect of framing his handsome face in a most becoming manner. He had what is often referred to as boyish good looks. I can’t really describe his looks any more closely than that. The various components of his face were all in proportion to each other. His lips weren’t exceptionally thin or thick, just average. His ears were not unusually large or small, nor did they stick out from side of his head. His nose was not narrow and pointed, nor was with wide and flat. His eyes were not set wide apart, nor did they seem too close together. His chin wasn’t especially firm, nor did it look soft or weak. Taken separately Ted’s eyes, ears, nose, mouth and chin didn’t seem like much. But when you put them altogether, you got a face that would have been at home on the cover of GQ magazine.

“Open your eyes, and look into mine, Ted,” I instructed him. “Look deep into my eyes and fall under my power” I thought silently to myself as I relished the sight of Ted responding so well to my instructions.

“Yes,” Ted breathed softly at me. Slowly his eyelids fluttered open and he let out a soft sigh as his eyes found mine and he gazed deeply into my eyes. “Yes, going deeper and deeper....into your eyes.....” He muttered with a hint of a smile on his lips.

Ted’s eyes were the perfect touch to his good looks. A pair of sky blue eyes gazed into mine. They were clear and lovely to look upon. I couldn’t help but let a small soft sigh of pleasure escape from my throat.

“So deep, so good....” Ted muttered happily, continuing to look into my eyes. I was content to simply sit there and look at Ted. He was after all a most pleasing sight to behold.

“So how’s he doing?” Ask a rough and ready voice, shattering this little piece of heaven that Ted and I had been sharing.

Damn! It was the bank robber, back for an update.

“Close your eyes, Ted,” I instructed him as I turned to my left to face the bank robber who had addressed me.

“Yes....” Ted sighed happily as his eyes fluttered closed.

“He’s much better now,” I answered slowly. “He’s at peace and should not have any further problems during the rest of your visit to this establishment.”

“What did you do to him?” The bank robber asked me as he studied the entranced and oblivious Ted sitting there in a chair.

“I taught him a few relaxation techniques,” I replied, hoping that the man would be satisfied with that answer.

“Yeah, right,” the bank robber replied as he looked at me. “Stay here, both of you,” he ordered us. With that the bank robber turned about and headed back to his accomplices.

I watched him as he left, silently praying that he was satisfied with my explanation. My pray was not answered, apparently, because the bank robber returned less than a minute later with a couple of his accomplices in tow. They walked over to where Ted and I were sitting, and stood there for a minute or so staring at Ted.

“So what do you think, Three?” Asked the bank robber who had first addressed me.

“Looks like he’s under to me, Seven,” Three replied, addressing the bank robber who apparently was called Three.

“Yeah, I thought so, but our friend here didn’t seem to want to mention that little fact, Three,” Seven replied.

“I wonder why that is,” asked the third man, looking at the man addressed as Seven.

“Maybe you should ask him, Five,” said Seven replying to the third man.

“Why didn’t you tell us that you have hypnotized mister brown paper bag, here?” Asked the man who had been referred to as Five, as he turned and looked at me.

“Because I didn’t,” I said as I lied to him.

“You’re lying,” said Three. “It can be unhealthy for you to lie to us, or hadn’t you noticed the branch manager and his assistant earlier?”

“Yes, I saw them,” I admitted. (It would not have helped any to have lied about that.) “But I don’t see what that has to with this man here, or me for that matter.”

“Our business here is going to take a bit longer than we had originally thought. We could use some entertainment. Mister brown paper bag there, is in the perfect position to provide it,” Five interjected.

I had a pretty good idea where this was going, and I didn’t like it one bit. But what could I do about it? “I’m not sure I’m following you,” I said carefully as I tried to stall for time to think up some form of action. Whatever it was it would have to be fast and quick. I didn’t have the luxury of a slow enjoyable induction this time, that is if I could even induct all of them. “What did you have in mind?”

“Simple, actually,” Seven answered. “You get your subject there, to strip for us. Right down to his shorts. Tell him that he’s a profession male stripper performing at a private party for some beautiful women. That should provide him with sufficient motivation.”

“And if I don’t?” I asked softly as I gathered my powers together. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do, but I wanted to have my full power available to me. I had a feeling I was going to need it.

“If you don’t, then your face is going to look worse that the branch manager’s, and you might even have trouble walking when we are through with you,” Seven said with a voice as cold as ice.

“What makes you think I hypnotized this man or that he’s even hypnotized in the first place?” I asked as I frantically racked my brain for some idea, any idea.

“Let’s just say I know enough about hypnosis to recognize when someone’s been put under,” Seven answered as he looked at me. “So are you going to do it or not?”

I looked a the three men before me, and then I turned and looked at Ted Carson. I looked back at the three men and then looked at Ted Carson again.

“Well, what’s it going to be?” Seven demanded of me.

I gulped once as I made up my mind. I couldn’t do it. Not even to save myself the beating that was sure to come, could I intentionally humiliate someone I had used my powers on. I would never be able to forgive myself, not to mention what Andy would think of me.

“No,” I said softly as I turned back and looked at Seven. I stood tall and proud as I looked him in the eyes, unflinchingly. Sometimes you have to stand up to bullies. I let my powers build up even more. My breathing started to increase slightly as I built my power higher and higher.

“You’ve got balls, I’ll give you that,” Seven replied as he looked at me. “You’re not very smart, but you’ve got balls. Who is this guy, anyway? Why are you so willing to protect him?”

“He’s no one special,” I answered truthfully.

“Then why protect him when you know you’re going to get hurt?” Seven asked. Clearly I had peeked his curiosity.

“If I have to explain it to you, then you can’t possibly understand my reasons,” I answered in a cool determined tone of voice, as I continued to let my powers build in intensity.

“You’re starting to become a pain in the ass,” Seven cautioned me. “I’d show a bit more respect if I were you.”

“Respect is earned, not bestowed,” I said as I smiled evenly at Seven. An idea burst into my mind. I wasn’t looking directly into his eyes, so taking over control of his mind wasn’t going to work, but I had something that was even better. If it worked, that is.

I launched a compulsion field at each of the three men, and wrapped it about each man as tightly as I could. I split my power into three flows and poured it into the fields as quickly as I could, building up the intensity as quickly as possible. With the flows established and tied back to my mind I send the same commands to each man.

“Your ass is suddenly so itchy that you can’t stand it,” I thought at them as clearly as I could. “Your ass will continue to itch more and more as long as you remain in this building. Scratching or rubbing your ass does not help, it only makes your ass itch more. Thirty minutes after you leave this building your ass will stop itching, but not before then.”

I tied off the compulsion fields and hoped for the best, since there hadn’t been any opportunity to see how much of an effect my powers would have on these men. Thus, I wasn’t at all sure how effective the compulsion fields would be. Under normal circumstances, the fields would start to have an effect within a few minutes, depending on the complexity and length of the imbedded commands, and other factors. These were not normal circumstances, as I am sure you are well aware. I thought I would be lucky to see anything in the next ten to twenty minutes. Since these men wanted Ted Carson to perform for them now, you are probably wondering why I exerted any effort trying to set up the compulsion fields. The truth is, I couldn’t think of anything else to try, and trying something was better than doing nothing.

All of this took only about thirty seconds, so I was able to compete the task without Seven, or any of the other bank robbers noticing more than a pause in my actions, as if I were thinking over what they said. As I finished setting the fields, I noticed that the task seemed easier than the last time I had created such fields. In addition the fields felt thicker and more powerful than I had ever recalled them being. I put aside those feelings and chalked them up to the tension and fear that the situation was generating in me.

“Time to ‘earn’ your respect,” Seven said to me, as he walked up to me and looked me in the eyes. His eyes were like glowing embers from a fire, a fire that did not bode well for me. I could not see the smile that I knew had to be on his face, but I could clearly hear it in his voice. It was not a smile that had anything to do with humor or laughter. I gulped once, wondering what trouble I’d gotten myself into now. My and my big mouth.

Seven kept those glowing eyes of his locked on mine as he chuckled softly, clearly enjoying my discomfort and nervousness. I gulped again. I figured that he was probably enjoying seeing me stand there in front of him, wondering what my fate would be.

Suddenly Seven’s eyes went wide with surprise, and the glow left his eyes. He backed away from me, as he tried to regain his composure. A movement out of the corner of my eyes, distracted my attention from Seven. I looked to my left and saw the other two men, Three and Five, walking about with their hands clasped to their behinds, as if someone had glued their hands there. They were running their hands over their asses, rubbing their backsides and muttering something. I could not make out what it was they were saying. I didn’t need to. I had a fairly good idea as to what they were probably saying. The way that their hands were scratching at their butts and rubbing their backsides, it was clear that the compulsion fields had kicked in, and with a vengeance.

I schooled my face into an expression of confusion and wonderment as I stood there looking at the three men as they tried to find some relief for their suddenly itchy asses. I was hard pressed not to smile when I saw one of the men start to rub his backside up and down across the upper edge of one of the desks. I looked about and realized that all three men were doing the same thing. Apparently the intensity of the rubbing was providing them with some small iota of relief, since they clearly did not want to stop. They had forgotten about Ted Carson, and everything else it seemed.

Carefully and quickly I made my way back to Ted Carson. I had an opportunity which I was not about to waste. I sat down next to Ted and softly spoke to him.

“Ted, when I count from zero to five, your eyes will open and you will be your normal self in every way. You will once again be in control of yourself, and able to deal with your fears and worries. You will awaken feeling calm, in control and able to face any situation because you have already conquered your fears in your mind,” I instructed him. “When you understand this, and accept it, you’ll take a deep breath as you feel the increased need for oxygen, letting that breath out in a wonderful deep sigh.”

Ted nodded his head once, and inhaled deeply. He held his breath for a moment and let it out in a soft sigh. “Yessssssssss” he hissed softly.

“Zero. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Wide awake! Wide awake!!” I called out to Ted.

Ted raised his head up, as he woke up with a start, blinking his eyes in confusion for a moment. He looked at me and then smiled at me. “I feel great. I don’t know what you did, but it worked,” he said to me in a calm and serene voice.

I smiled back at him. “I’m glad I was able to help,” I said to him. “But our troubles aren’t over yet. The bank robbers are still here.”

Ted looked around a bit. “Yeah, I see what you mean. At least I’m not walking around with a bag in front of my face anymore.” He looked back at me and smiled. He looked almost happy.

We sat there watching the affected men continue to rub their buttocks against the top edge of the desks. It was amusing, but we were smart enough not to laugh or let our feeling show. Ted glanced at me a couple of times, as if asking me what the heck was going on. I shrugged my shoulders in the universal, “I don’t know” gesture, and went back to watching these men. They were moving all over the edges of the desks now, back and front. They didn’t seem to have anything else on their minds, other than to get their butts to stop itching. All three of these bank robbers were wearing close fitting blue jeans. I didn’t have time to take a full inventory of the clothes they were wearing. I concentrated my attention on what I was most interested in, their pants.

Ted tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention. I looked down at him. He opened his mouth as if he were about to speak. He snapped his mouth shut and jerked his head over to the right.

I followed the motion of his head and saw several more members of the gang appear from the bank vault with large bulging sacks. It looked like they had managed to get whatever it was that they were after. They stopped suddenly as they beheld the sight of their accomplices rubbing their butts on the top edges of the desks.

Ted and I watched quietly, doing our best not to draw any attention to ourselves as we walked the spectacle unfold. To judge from the body language, and gestures there were some heated words exchanged. The argument lasted for only a minute or so. Several of the gang members tried to drag one of the affected men (I think it was Seven) away from one of the desks, as the gang tried to leave the bank. Seven wasn’t willing to go. He had to be grabbed by two of the gang members and dragged out of the bank, fighting them every inch of the way. He nearly broke free of their gripe. It took a third man to held hold Seven’s arms behind his back as they goose marched him out of the bank. Meanwhile, the other two affected men stayed by the desks and continued to rub their backsides against the desk tops. Two other men accompanied these two men to watch them and presumably to watch us and the other captives as well.

After a minute or so, when the other gang members did not return to the bank, I began to wonder what had happened. I wasn’t given much time to think. One minute the bank was quiet and subdued with all the captives guarded by members of the gang. The next, there were police uniforms, police officers and SWAT members crawling all over the place like ants at a picnic! Things were a blur. No one had any time to react to anything, which was the intention, I’m sure. The police just stormed in and took control of the situation. Ted and I stayed where we were until things finally settled down.

A few minutes later all the captives were being interviewed by the police about what had happened. The interviews did not last long. There wasn’t much to tell, when you thought about it. The one thing that no one seemed to be able to explain is why those three members of the gangs had suddenly experienced such fiercely itching backsides. No one could offer any explanation. (Well I could, but I sure as heck wasn’t about to! Imagine the fun I would have trying to explain what had happened to the cops. Why I would have to demonstrate my powers to them. More likely I would have to demonstrate my powers on some of them. While I admit that was a tempting idea, yes a very tempting idea, discretion was called for. I dared no open that Pandora’s box.) When questioned I kept to the facts, and managed to avoid discussing any of the details regarding how I had helped Ted Carson with his panic attack. There were some good looking police officers in the group, but I didn’t have much of a chance to pay much attention to them. Like the other patrons of the bank, I just wanted to get out of there and back to the office.

It was about 3:45 PM when I finally disentangled myself from the police and was permitted to head back to my place of work. As I headed down the street, I felt that old familiar creepy crawly sensation at the back of my head. I stopped. I hadn’t felt that feeling in a long time, but I knew what it meant. Trouble. I slowly turned about and looked around to see if I could focus on the source of the potential danger. I looked carefully, but could not see anyone or anything out of the ordinary. There were many police officers and many people from the bank still hanging about in the parking lot in front of the bank building. The bank robbers had been carted off earlier, so it was unlikely that I was getting my warning from them. The feeling started to fade, as I continued looking around. I still could not see anything that looked dangerous.

A man dressed in a black suit was standing about twenty feet from me, with his back to me. There wasn’t anything unusual about him, per say, but from the back he did look attractive. The man slowly turned about looking through the crowd, letting his gaze slip across the mixture of people milling about. His eyes came to rest on mine for just the briefest of moments, and I felt my skin crawl, and my forehead got that tingling sensation again, but only briefly. The man looked to be in his early thirties. His face was pleasant looking, and except for his goatee, unremarkable. Yet there was something about him. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but there was something. It was all I could do not to shudder right then and there. The man looked away and continued his visual inspection of the crowd. I watched him for a moment or two longer, but he did not look back at me. He finished his looking about and walked away from me towards another man who was also dressed in a black suit. The two men bent their heads close to each other as they began to converse.

The creepy feeling had let me, so I thought it best to head back to the office. As I walked back to the office I couldn’t shake the nagging feeling that I had seen that man in the black suit somewhere before. The black business suit that he had been wearing was unremarkable. It looked like any other suit you might buy from a men’s clothing store. He had worn a plain black tie, and a plain white shirt with the suit, and I was pretty sure that his shoes were also black. Still, there was something oddly familiar about him.. Why was it that this man, who was wearing a goatee seemed so familiar? I could not think of what his name might have been, but his face was familiar. I had seen his face somewhere before, I was sure of it, but I just couldn’t seem to recall where. I put that on the back burner of my mind as I arrived at the office

It took a while to explain to everyone why I was late getting back from work, and what had happened. There were more than a few raised eyebrows, and several disbelieving looks thrown my way. I calmly told everyone that if they wanted to know more, they should contact the police, after which everyone let the subject drop. The rest of the day at work was uneventful, as was my Thursday at work. The same cannot be said for my Thursday evening.

Andy was working the night shift, so I was on my own for the evening. (Hey, these things happen when you’re dating a cop.) Supper was done with, and the television set had been turned off, since evening news broadcast was over. I had just planted myself in the overstuff swivel rocking chair in the living room with a book, and was planning to try and get caught up on my reading, when the door bell rang. I stood up and headed off to the front door to see who it was. I was not expecting any company, so I was mildly curious as to who would be dropping by without calling first. I glanced at the wall clock in the living room on my way to answer the front door, noting that it was about 7:30 PM. I hoped that it wasn’t a solicitor of some type. I walked up to the door and peered through the peephole. I didn’t recognize the man standing on the other side of the door, but he seemed to be somehow familiar. He didn’t look dangerous, and I wasn’t picking up any feelings of danger or uneasiness. The man appeared to be dressed in a light coloured business suit. He looked harmless enough. The man rang the doorbell a second time as I unlocked the door, being sure to keep the security chain in place.

“Hello? May I help you?” I asked as the door was cracked open just wide enough for me to speak to this stranger and to see him clearly through the slight opening.

“Mr. Walton?” The man asked, as he looked at me.

“Perhaps,” I answered cautiously. “What is your business with Mr. Walton?”

“It has to do with the incident at the bank branch yesterday afternoon,” the man answered coolly. “You are Mr. Walton. I recognize you. I wanted to talk to you about what happened at the bank. It’s not something that should be talked about here in a hallway. May I please come inside?”

“I suppose so,” I answered as I carefully closed the door. I recognized the man now. It was Ted Carson from the bank. I knew I didn’t have anything to fear from him. My powers worked on him, and rather well too. I slipped off the security chain and opened the door. “Please come in and make yourself at home, Mr. Carson,” I said to him as he stood there on the threshold.

“Oh, I see you do remember me,” Ted responded as he stepped into my apartment and walked a few steps towards the living room area. Ted stopped and waited for me as I closed and locked the front door.

“Yes, I remember you,” I confirmed. “Why are you here? How did you find out where I live? What can I do for you?” I asked him, as I began to wonder what the heck he was doing here.

“Your address is in the bank records,” Ted answered with that same cool demeanor. “I looked up the information. I won’t take up much of your time. I came here to ask you a question regarding what happened at the bank Wednesday afternoon.”

“I’ve already told the police everything I saw and heard regarding the attempted robbery,” I replied. “Why would you be interested in that? You’re not a police officer.”

“This has nothing to do with the robbery, Mr. Walton,” Ted said as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

I couldn’t help but notice that the movement was smooth and easy, suggesting confidence and self assurance. It was also a bit sexy too, but only because Ted Carson was one good looking guy. “What then?” I asked perplexed.

“You hypnotized me at the bank, didn’t you?” Ted demanded of me as he uncrossed his arms, balled his hands into fits and planted his fits on his hips. The angry look on his face did not bode well for me. Clearly he was upset with me.

I sighed softly to myself. “Another angry young hypnosis subject,” I thought to myself. I looked at Ted and wondered why he was so upset. I thought I had helped him. I hadn’t made him do anything the least bit silly, outrageous or humiliating. If anything I had stood up for him and protected him from some men who wanted Ted to do exactly that, to make a fool of himself. Some thanks I get for respecting my subjects.

“WELL???” Ted exclaimed when I did not answer his question.

“Yes, I hypnotized you,” I admitted. It’s obvious that you are upset about that. Might I ask why?”

“Oh, come on!” Ted exclaimed, with more than a touch of exasperation in his voice. “Do I have to draw you a picture? You hypnotized me, without my consent, and in public no less, and you wonder that I have a problem with this? If the police hadn’t shown up when they did, there is no telling what you might have had me do!”

“I do not know how much you know about hypnosis, Mr. Carson, but it would appear that you are suffering from a few common misconceptions,” I replied keeping my voice calm and controlled. “I would be more than happy to explain a few things about hypnosis and...”

“I’m not interested in your explanations!” Ted said as he cut me off. “I came here to do two things. The first was to see if you would admit to having used hypnosis on me. The second was to give you a piece of my mind!”

“Why not?” I thought to myself. “They’ve split the atom haven’t they?” I kept my smart ass comments to myself. They would not help the situation. The easiest course of action would be to listen to Ted. Let him get this off of his chest and have him leave. He was cute, true, but I really wasn’t interested in him or in a hypnosis session tonight. Well, that wasn’t exactly one hundred percent true. Ted was a cut guy and yes I would have liked to have hypnotized him, but I wasn’t interested in dealing with an unwilling subject.

“Go ahead, I’m listening,” I said as I looked at him, dead in the eyes, holding my hands clasped behind my back. (No, I was not attempting to implant any suggestions or controls into his mind. I merely wanted him to know that he had my full attention.)

“Good,” Ted said satisfied that he had the upper hand in the conversation. “While I appreciate what you did for me at the bank, I cannot condone the method that you used. You mentioned nothing at all about hypnosis. You said only that you would show me a relaxation technique. I find it deplorable that you intentionally mislead me. You should have been up-front and honest about the fact that you intended to hypnotize me.”

“I see,” I said after waiting a few moments to be sure that Ted was done speaking. “What exactly is it that you want from me?” I asked him. I agreed with him, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what more he wanted from me.

“I want to you admit that you were wrong to hypnotize me without asking my permission first,” Ted stately flatly. “You know you shouldn’t have done that, and I want you hear you say it.”

“Well,” I replied with a sigh. “You are correct, Ted. I was wrong not to have asked you for your permission before I hypnotized you. A hypnotist should always respect his subjects and insure that he has their full agreement before he begins an induction. I was wrong not to have mentioned the hypnosis to you. However, I felt that the circumstances warranted my omission of mentioning hypnosis. I felt it was more important to help you with your panic attack, and bringing up the subject of hypnosis would only have made things more difficult.”

“In your opinion,” Ted said, disbelievingly as he looked at me, unmoved by my words.

“Yes, in my opinion,” I agreed. “But Ted, you’re forgetting one simple and basic rule of hypnosis.”

“Which would be?” Ted asked.

“That a person cannot be hypnotized against his will,” I said. “He has to agree to it, to go along with the suggestions and the induction, or nothing happens.” (Okay, so I told a little white lie. We were discussing ordinary hypnosis, not the type of super hypnosis that is achieved when I used my powers on a subject.)

“You’re saying that nothing would have happened at the bank, if I hadn’t really wanted to go under in the first place?” Ted asked incredulously.

“Exactly,” I confirmed.

“I don’t believe you,” Ted responded. “I never wanted to be hypnotized. I just wanted to stop hyperventilating.”

“Believe what you will,” I said with a sigh. “Now if that is all, I would appreciate it if you would leave now.”

“Oh, I’m not done with you yet, not by a long shot,” Ted declared as he locked his eyes with mine. “I’ve got a lot more to say to you!” With surprising speed and agility, Ted grabbed me, whirled me about and pinned me up against the front door, pressing down on my shoulder with his hands. He was leaning forward and using the weight of his body to effectively pin me with my back against the front door like a butterfly pinned on a mounting board.

I blinked in surprised as I tried to adjust to this sudden turn of events. I had not expected Ted to get violent with me! I should have picked up some indication of his intention, but nothing had registered on my mind. So far that was two surprises in one evening.

Ted locked his eyes back on mine as he began speaking to me again. This time, though, his voice was as cold as an arctic wind, and as mean as a junkyard dog. “You’re going to listen to what I have to say to you! I want to you know exactly how you made me feel after I figured out that you had tricked me. I felt humiliated, and ashamed. I was in a position where I was desperate for some help, and you took advantage of me. I trusted you and you lied to me.”

Ted paused for a moment or two as he composed his thoughts, and got ready to continue his tirade. “I was seeking help, and you took advantage of that situation. I think you are the lowest form of life I have ever encountered. I’d call you scum, except that it would be an insult scum everywhere. I looked to you for help, and you took advantage of me. I can’t believe I actually looked into your eyes, seeking help. I should never have done that.”

Ted paused again as he blinked a few times. He was staring into my eyes most intently. I wasn’t saying a peep. It was not like I could have gotten a word in edgewise, anyway. (Before you ask, no, I was not sending any commands into Ted’s mind, even though I had solid eye contact with him. It wasn’t necessary, and I wasn’t really interested in hypnotizing him. Besides the points he made were valid. I owed it to him to listen to his complaints. It was the least I could do.)

“I ought to slap you silly while I have this chance,” Ted said coldly. (From the tone of his voice, it was more than just an idle threat, I was sure.) “But, I won’t do that. I refuse to lower myself to your level. I won’t take advantage of the situation, which is more than I can say for what you did. Getting me to look into your eyes like that. It sounded dumb at the time and I should have been more suspicious.”

Ted paused again, a little bit longer this time, before he continued speaking. “I hope I never see you at the bank again. If I ever do, I will be sure to avoid any contact with you, or your eyes. I don’t want to have to serve you at the bank. After what you did to me, with you eyes, I don’t trust you. No. I don’t trust you at all. You and your eyes.”

Ted pause once more, and blinked several more times as he looked at me. He was still staring into my eyes, but his face didn’t look as angry. I noticed also that he wasn’t pressing me against the door nearly as hard has he had been.

“Your eyes...” Ted said softly. “What is it about your eyes? He asked softly as the anger in his face melted into an expression of bewilderment. “Your eyes are so deep and still....” Ted sighed a few times, and then his arms dropped down to his sides as he leaded back away from me slightly.

“Something....about....your....eyes....” Ted said softly as his face started to take on an empty and blank look. “Something....wonderful....and.....nice....about....your....eyes”

Ted rocked back on his heels until he was standing up straight and no longer leaning forward. “Your....eyes.....lost....in....your....eyes” Ted muttered as his face went completely blank. “Look....into...your...eyes...and...fall...into...your...power,” Ted muttered softly.

I waited to see what would happen next. After about a minute, during which Ted did not move a muscle or mutter a single sound, I slowly shuffled off to the left, and walked away from Ted, keeping him in my sights the entire time. Ted did not seem to notice that I moved. He seemed oblivious to everything. I waved my hand in front of his face. He blinked his eyes but did not otherwise react. I gently poked him in the ribs with a finger. No reaction. Not even an extra eye blink. I picked up Ted’s right arm and held it out in front of him. His arm moved easily, and when I let go of it, his right arm stayed suspended in the air. It was like Ted had become a living mannequin.

For the first few seconds, I could not believe it, but the evidence seemed pretty clear. Ted may have claimed that he didn’t want to be hypnotized at the bank, but clearly right now he did want to be, and he had hypnotized himself. I hadn’t done anything. (Well, I hadn’t done anything this time, anyway.) He had done it all. Still he could have been faking it, as some kind of test for me. There was one way to be sure. Carefully I placed the tips of my fingers of my right hand on Ted’s forehead. (I left Ted’s right arm hanging out there in mid air. I kind of enjoyed the sight of it frozen there. I’m not sure exactly why. Maybe because it was an indication of the power and control that I had over him.) Gently I sent out a mental probe into his mind. It didn’t take long. to determine what had happened.

Somehow my idle wish at the bank, that ‘look deep into my eyes and fall into my power’ had become a post hypnotic trigger in Ted’s mind. I had not intended that to happen, but it had. A thorough, but shallow scan of Ted’s mind revealed that Ted’s mind was more malleable and that Ted was much more suggestible, than any other subject hat I had ever encountered before. I had not realized just how strongly my powers had affected Ted, until now. As tempting as this was, I could not leave him like this, standing there in hypnosis all night. (You have no idea just how tempting that was. Ted was good looking and well dressed. But this is not the time to go into that.) In addition, I was ethically bound to remove the trigger from his mind. It took only a few seconds of effort to pick up the trigger from Ted’s mind and remove it. Carefully I scanned that area of Ted’s mind to be sure that I hadn’t left any loose threads that might cause him problems. Now I had to bring him back to normal. We had to discuss this situation. With some reluctant I counted him out. (At least I’m honest about wanting to have left Ted in hypnosis a little bit longer. Okay, so I wanted to leave him in hypnosis for more than just a little bit longer. Sue me.)

“What? What happened?” Ted asked looking around as his right arm dropped back down to his side.

“You went back under,” I informed him, as I raised my right hand in front of my face to block Ted’s view of my eyes. “You looked into my eyes and you went back into your hypnotic trance. I’m sorry about that.”

“No!” Ted argued. “You tricked me again! You put me back under! I can’t believe you did that to me again! How could you?”

“I didn’t intend to,” I answered him. “It was an accident, and I am sorry. I removed the post hypnotic trigger and it won’t happen again."”

“You’re lying!” Ted yelled at me as he started to become really upset with me. “You tried to make me into some kind of hypnotized slave boy, just now! I’m out of here before you try anything else!”

“Fine. Go,” I said to him calmly, as I resigned myself to the situation. . It was clear to me that I could argue until I was blue in the face, and I would never convince Ted of what had really happened a few minutes ago. He was very upset over the entire turn of events. As cute as he was, he wasn’t worth the trouble.

“I want you to know just one thing before I go,” Ted as he suddenly turned around and looked me straight in the eyes, glaring at me with undisguised disgust. His eyes blazed with fury at me, as he stood there in front of my door ready to leave.

“And what would that be, Ted?” I asked with a sigh and I stared into Ted’s eyes, silently wishing that he would go under again. I felt my power start to flair up, but I savagely clamped a control on it and curtailed my powers. There was no denying that Ted was a good looking man. I would have enjoyed hypnotizing him for a while. I would be lying if I said otherwise. I had some small regret about removing that unintentional trigger.

“I think you are the most despicable person I have ever met, and if I ever see you again it will be six months too soon!” Ted growled at me as his eyes burned with contempt for me. “I hope I never see you again! And if I ever do I’ll...I’ll....I’’ll..” Ted exclaimed as his exasperation derailed his train of thought. Ted kept his eyes locked on mine the whole time.

“You’ll what, Ted?” I asked, mildly curious now. “I wish you were back in my power,” I thought silently to myself, as I looked at Ted, and felt a tiny surge in my power level. Whenever I see a good looking guy, I almost always feel a slight surge of my power.

“I’ll.....I’ll....I....” Ted stammered as he tried to complete his thought. Suddenly his eyes took on that glazed over look and his face became blank. “I....obey. You...command....and....I...obey” Ted whispered once and then stood there gazing into my eyes again. He had done it again!. He had put himself under. (Now this should not have happened. I had just removed the trigger. What was going on here?)

“Why do you wish to serve and obey, Ted?” I asked him as he stood there in front of me.

“It feels good to obey,” Ted said after a few moments of silence. “I want to. I feel happy when I obey. I...I want to feel your power over me. I want to feel you control me. I want to be your puppet.”

“Welcome once again to the Twilight Zone,” I thought to myself. Okay something really strange was going on here. I knew I had removed my controls from Ted’s mind and that I had not just now tried to exert any control over him. So what was going on then? My first thought was that this was some kind of a test by some other person with the gift, similar to what Lyle Lawson and pulled on me a year or so ago. The only way to be sure was to do a deep scan of Ted’s mind. I didn’t really want to do that, but the circumstances warranted it. I placed the fingertips of my right hand once more upon Ted’s forehead and I scanned his mind. I took my time and carefully examined Ted’s mind looking for any signs of tampering or traps.

It took me only a minute or so to complete the scan of Ted’s mind. I broke the mental connection and let my right hand and arm fall limply to my side. What I had discovered stunned me. It was almost beyond belief. In a nutshell, Ted was the opposite of Andy. Unlike Andy, who was not affected by my powers at all, Ted could not help but be affected by my powers. Just standing beside me and looking into my eyes was enough to cause Ted to become super hypnotized by me, if I used even the tiniest fraction of my power. Eye contact with Ted, and just thinking or wishing, that I wanted him in my power would push Ted’s mind over the line between not being super hypnotized, and being super hypnotized. It was exhilarating. It was exciting. It was erotic! It was also just a little bit scary. This was completely new to me. I had never encountered such an easy subject as Ted before. In some ways it made him dangerous. It would be far too easy for me to go too far with Ted, and cause him some real problems.

I sighed as I looked at Ted standing there in front of me. A part of me knew that I should wake him up and send him on his way, and yet another part of me wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity presented to me. I must have stood there for a good five minutes trying to make up my mind. Looking at Ted wasn’t helping any, because Ted was a handsome man. My eyes started wandering about Ted’s face and the front of his body, taking in every detail of his appearance.

He was the same height as I was, say five feet ten inches, with a slim and trim build. As I mentioned before, Ted was a handsome young man with boyish good looked that could have landed him a place on the cover of GQ magazine. But it wasn’t only his face that was attracting my interest. Ted was wearing a three piece charcoal gray suit. Yes, it was a suit with a matching vest. Not many men wear suits like that these days, which was part of what I found so interesting about Ted. The suit fit him very well. It didn’t look expensive, but it hugged the contours of his slim body, accenting his waist very nicely. A plain white long sleeved dress shirt with a button down collar lay beneath the six button vest that he wore under his suit jacket. The jacket was a three button single breasted style. I could not see much of Ted’s suit pants other than they matched the vest and suit jacket which suggested that they were made of the same fine wool material. The crease in his pants looked to be razor sharp, and the plain bottom of the pants were slightly draped over a pair of shiny black leather dress shoes. Encircling Ted’s neck was a dark red tie with a smooth and slightly shiny look to it. Actually the tie was underneath the collar of Ted’s shirt. (Was it really necessary for me to mention that?) It was probably a silk tie, but I was guessing at this point. Ted was dressed as if he belonged on the cover of GQ magazine. He was damn good looking!

I sighed again as I finished my visual inspection of Ted. The entire time that I had been raking my eyes all over Ted’s body and face, Ted had been standing there motionless. Apparently he had been enjoying it since he now had a gentle smile pasted on his lips, and his face had a relaxed and soft look to it. This wasn’t helping me make up my mind any. I forced myself to look away from Ted, and dragged my unwilling eyes down to look at my hands as I clasped them together and held them just in front of my belt buckle. I stared at my hands trying to clear my mind and think logically, instead of with my hormones. I notice the wedding band on the ring finger of my left hand. The sight of that ring was like a slap in the face, jerking me back to reality from the world of fantasy where I had been letting myself roam. I sighed softly, as I realized that I wasn’t going to do anything with Ted. The ring reminded me of Andy, of my strong feelings for him, and of my promise to him. It wasn’t as if I had forgotten Andy or how I felt about him, you know. The ring just helped me to put things into their proper perspective. I looked back up at Ted. I told him he would remember every detail of this session, and then I counted him out. I got ready for the storm to hit..

Ted blinked his eyes a few times as he came to his senses. He looked over at me, puzzled as to what had happened. He looked at me as he for a moment longer before he spoke. “You did it again, didn’t you?” He asked me in a surprisingly cool and calm voice. “You hypnotized me again, right?”

“Yes, but I didn’t mean to,” I said as I acknowledged what had just happened. Hurricane Ted hadn’t come ashore yet, but he had to be hanging around somewhere out there in the ocean.

“I thought as much,” Ted commented calmly, as a thoughtful look came to his face. “Cool.”

“Do you believe that it was an accident, this time?” I asked Ted, wondering what his reaction would be. I was surprised that Ted had not started shouting at me by now. This was most unusual.

“I think maybe I do,” he answered in that same cool and calm voice.

“You’re not upset, Ted?” I asked him. Now it was my turn to be puzzled.

“Not any more,” Ted answered. “I think you’re right. If there wasn’t a part of me that didn’t want to be hypnotized by you in the first place, I wouldn’t be going under so easily all the time. I have to admit that it did feel pretty good each time. I kind of liked it.”

“I’m glad that you don’t blame me for what happened earlier,” I said cautiously. I didn’t want to get Ted angry again.

“Well, I think it was more the surprise and the shock of how quickly I went back under that upset me more than anything else,” Ted replied as he continued to look at me thoughtfully. “I guess I was angry and upset because I thought I was losing control of myself.”

“And now?” I prompted him.

“I think it might be interesting to see what my limits are,” Ted said as he looked back at me and a small smile crept onto his face. “I have to admit that I enjoyed the sessions just now, and the one at the bank. It made me feel really good. I’d like to feel that way again. I’m just not sure how far I’d be willing to go, or what I would be willing to do. I’m not sure how much I trust you.”

“Fair enough. If you want to start off with a very simple hypnosis session, that’s fine by me,” I assured him. “You can always reject any suggestion I give you, and if you object to it too much, you’ll pop right out of hypnosis, you know.”

“Really?” Ted asked, wondering if I was telling the truth or not.

“If hypnosis was real mind control, Ted, I wouldn’t need to have an account at the bank,” I joked as I smiled at him.

“I suppose that’s true enough,” Ted conceded with a soft chuckle. “Do you have time now for a half hour session? I’d like to try this now, before I change my mind.”

“Then you had better go, Ted,” I said to him not attempting to hid my disappointment. “If you are not one hundred percent sure that you want to do the hypnosis, it would better not to do it all.”

“Why?” Ted asked clearly puzzled by my reaction. “It seems to me that you shouldn’t have any problem putting me back under.”

“You’re probably right,” I agreed. “But that is not my point.”

“Then what IS your point?” Ted sighed with a touch of annoyance to his voice.

“If you are not completely sure that you want to do this, then you’re most likely going to hold back when I attempt to deepen the level of your trance,” I explained to him as I kept my voice cool and calm. “You’ll start fighting the suggestions which will result in a less than satisfying experience for the both of us.” (Yes, another white lie. Ted was very susceptible to my powers. He had a snowball’s chance in hell, of resisting any suggestions I gave him. Telling him that would only have scared him. I didn’t want that, so I kept my mouth shut. Was it ethically correct of me to do that? The honest answer would have been ‘no’. I felt sure of my ability to keep to the straight and narrow, though. I wouldn’t take advantage of Ted in any serious way. I had my ring to remind me of that. See? I’m no saint, and I never claimed to be.)

“If the choice is mine, then I’d like to do it right now, if you don’t mind,” Ted said firmly. His face had taken on a solid and confident expression as if he had just made up his mind about something. (I suppose he had, come to think of it.)

“I think I could fit you into my schedule,” I said, with a smirk on my face. “Would you like to sit down on the sofa and make yourself comfortable before we begin?”

“Okay,” Ted agreed. He walked past me and headed off towards the living room, and the sofa.

I followed him into the living room. It’s a good thing Ted was in front of me. I’m sure my eyes must have lit up like a pair of headlights on a car. Why? Well, Ted was as good looking from the back as the front. (I’m a butt man, remember?) That suit jacket and pants hanging on Ted’s frame was a sight to behold. I’ve always enjoyed the look of a man in a suit and tie, and Ted was living proof of just how good looking a man in a suit can be. He wasn’t a muscle bound male fashion model. He was a slim and trim man who just looked good in a suit and tie.

Ted sat down on the sofa and looked over at me, expecting me to start doing something. I sat down in the swivel rocking chair next to Ted. Ted was to my right. “Ready, Ted?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I guess so. What do I do?” Ted asked me as he looked up at me.

“Put your feet flat on the floor and place your right index finger on the pulse of your left wrist,” I instructed him, as I gazed into his eyes for a few seconds. “The suggestions will take hold as you speak them,” I sent into his mind. I was very careful to use only enough of my power to project my command onto the fringe of Ted’s mind. I didn’t want to push him directly into a trance. What fun would that be?

“Okay, now what?” Ted asked he followed my directions. I was most pleased to see my command sucked into Ted’s mind like a piece of lint sucked up by a vacuum cleaner. I stopped using my powers. If I was correct about Ted, the power I’d used should be enough.

“Now stare directly at the fingernail of your right index finger, and repeat everything that I am about to say,” I directed him.

Ted looked at his fingernail and nodded his head once, to show that he was ready to repeat what I was about to tell him.

“I will now enter the state of hypnosis for the reasons of deep relaxation and self-control,” I said clearly and softly.

“I will now enter the state of hypnosis for the reasons of deep relaxation and self-control,” Ted repeated, obediently.

“I will count down from five to zero and with each descending number I will become more deeply relaxed,” I said as I continued with the induction.

“I will count down from five to zero and with each descending number I will become more deeply relaxed,” Ted repeated, his voice sounding completely normal.

“When I reach zero, I will go deep asleep,” I said as I continued to speak in a smooth and soothing tone of voice.

When I reach zero, I will go deep asleep,” Ted iterated.

“Five...I begin to feel my breathing growing deep, gentle and rhythmic,” I said as I urged him into hypnosis.

“Five...I begin to feel my breathing growing deep, gentle and rhythmic,” Ted responded.

I noticed that his breathing had changed. It was deeper now. A sure sign that the induction was starting to take hold. “Four...I begin to feel heaviness in my eyelids, as I become more and more relaxed,” I continued not wanting to lose the rhythm I had built up.

“Four...I begin to feel heaviness in my eyelids, as I become more and more relaxed,” Ted repeated, his voice growing just a touch softer. His head dropped down just a bit as the suggestions of heaviness started to take effect.

I noticed that Ted was starting to blink his eyes a bit more. This was a very good sign, indeed. “Three...I begin to feel every muscle, nerve and fiber in my body relaxing, deeply, relaxing,” I suggested as I continued with the induction.

“Three...I begin to feel every muscle, nerve and fiber in my body relaxing, deeply, relaxing,” Ted reiterated as his upper body started to slump just a tiny bit.

I would not have noticed it, if I had not been keenly looking for just such an indication. He was responding beautifully. “Two...My arms, my legs, my entire body are now deeply relaxed,” I said urging him on into hypnosis. (Okay super hypnosis, but why nit pick?) I stood up and walked over to where Ted was sitting on the sofa. Quietly, I swatted down beside him. I wanted to be close by to watch as he slipped under. It is the part of an induction that I enjoy the most.

“Two...My arms, my legs, my entire body are now deeply relaxed,” Ted said thickly as if he were starting to have trouble speaking.

I could see his legs move slightly further apart as the suggestion of his legs being deeply relaxed took root. It was a good thing this was a short induction. I wasn’t sure I could have waited through a long one. “One...My eyelids grow even heavier, breathing becoming more rhythmic,” I directed him.

“One...My eyelids grow even heavier, breathing becoming more rhythmic,” Ted muttered with obvious difficulty.

He was blinking his eyes so much now that it had to be having a tiring effect on him. Of course that was the idea. Ted’s upper body was starting to sway back and forth just a bit as the relaxation in his body become more and more profound. “I am deeply relaxed,” I said to him. (Boy, talk about an obvious statement!)

“I...am...deeply...relaxed,” Ted murmured softly, barely able to get the words out of his mouth.

“Zero...deep asleep!” I cried out softly, but in a firm and decisive voice.

“Zero...de...” Ted started to say, but the words were cut off. Ted’s head dropped down to rest on his chest, as his right hand dropped away from his left wrist. Ted let out a soft sigh as his body started to collapse into a heap of relaxed muscles. I couldn’t help but grin as Ted’s body started to topple forward. He was sure to fall out of the sofa, if I didn’t do something. Rather than catch him, though, I firmly pushed on the front of Ted’s left shoulder, directing his body back into the sofa and off to the right. My push had the desired effect.

Ted’s body fell over onto his right side. I was tempted to yell “Timber!", but restrained myself. I looked at my watch. Thirty minutes wasn’t much time to do much of anything with Ted, but there was something that I could do.

“Feeling yourself going down deeper and deeper with each word that I say, and with each breath that you take, Ted,” I called out to him as I stood up and heading for the dining room. I didn’t bother with implanting a post hypnotic suggestion for re-hypnosis into Ted’s mind. It wasn’t necessary. I could hypnotize Ted without one.

It took me a only a few minutes to arrange two of the dinning room chairs into the proper positions. When I was satisfied that everything was set, I called out to Ted, “Come here please, Ted.”

“Yes, coming,” Ted called back to me as he blinked his eyes open and slowly stood up. With careful and deliberate steps he walked over to where I was standing beside three dinning room chairs that I had pulled out away from the dinning room table. Ted had a pleasant and slightly vacant look on his face.

“What would you like to do now, Ted?” I asked him.

He slowly focused his eyes and his attention on me. He looked at me blankly as if trying to compose an answer was a major effort on his part. “I don’t care,” he said nonchalantly. “Whatever you want is fine with me. I like doing what you tell me to....” He sighed softly as he looked at me. A small smile worked its way back onto his face as the glassy-eyed blank look returned to his face.

“Please stand up straight with your arms held an inch or so away from your body,” I commanded Ted. He complied instantly, without so much as an eye blink of resistance. “Now as you listen to my voice I want you to imagine yourself, to see yourself as a living mannequin. See your body becoming stiffer and harder with each word that I utter and with each breath that you take. Only your breathing remains easy and comfortable. The rest of your body starts to become hard and rigid like stone. For the harder and stiffer your body becomes, the deeper you go, and the deeper you go, the harder and stiffer you body becomes. All the time going deeper and deeper, feeling more and more comfortable, more a peace and more and more content.”

I looked at Ted and could see the tension start to build in his body, as he started to stiffen his body. The suggestions were working like a charm. (Hey, you expected otherwise?) He was growing more rigid and stiffer with each passing moment.

“Soon and very soon indeed your eyes will close as you let yourself, go completely stiff,” I urged him. “You don’t need to keep your eyes open, and it feels so much better to close them now, so that your body can become harder and you can go even deeper into hypnosis.” Ted’s eyes closed almost as soon as I finished speaking. His breathing was even and smooth, very rhythmic. He looked ready for the next step. Goodness knows I was ready for it.

“Going down even deeper when you feel me touch any part of your body, Ted,” I instructed him. “Knowing only that you enjoy going down deeper and deeper because it feels so good, and because you know that you are safe and sound. Nothing to worry about. No cares. No worries. No troubles at all. Your body is like a waxwork figure or a mannequin now. You can’t move your limbs, but I can. I can pose you in any position just like a department store dummy. And when you know that to be true, a smile breaks out on your face, and your entire body, except for your chest and your breathing, becomes immobile.”

I looked at Ted, and a second later a big grin blossomed on his face. I took one of the chairs and positioned it behind Ted, about three and one half feet away. Carefully I stood behind Ted and grabbed him by his shoulders. I pulled back gently and lowered Ted towards the floor. He tilted back on his feet, with his shoes pointing out into the air, just as I had hoped he would. I slowly lowered him until his body was close to the chair. Unfortunately, I had misjudged the distance and the chair was too far away. Ted’s head would have rested on the right edge of the chair. Carefully I pushed Ted back up so that he was standing on his feet. I made sure that he did not rock back and forth, as he could have easily fallen down. I didn’t want him to get hurt after all. I brought the chair closer by about eight inches, and then placed a second chair facing the first chair. This way, when I lowered Ted, the weight of his body would be carried by his shoulders, one on each chair.

With the chairs in the correct position (I hoped), I stood behind Ted a second time and lowered him down towards the chairs. This time I got it right. I was able to lower Ted so that his shoulders were resting on the cushions of the chairs. I stood back and admired my efforts. There lay Ted, as stiff as an ironing board, with his shoulders resting against the cushions of the chairs and the heels of his feet resting on the floor. He was lying there at about a thirty-five or forty-five degree angle. My task was only half done. I quickly placed a chair next to Ted’s feet. It was a fairly simple matter to pick up Ted’s two feet, move the chair underneath them and lower Ted’s feet on to the cushion of this third chair. Finally I had built my bridge. I stood back and looked at my handiwork.

Ted was lying there suspended like wooden plank between the two groups of chairs. His body was rigid. I walked over to where Ted lay and pressed down gently but firmly on his legs at about mid-thigh to test him. He didn’t sag so much as half a millimeter. I backed away a few paces to allow myself the luxury of looking over this human bridge that I had just built. I’m no architect, but I think I did a pretty good job. I couldn’t help but smile with delight as I looked over Ted. Here was a well dressed man, in a charcoal gray three piece pinstripe suit, lying there suspended between two sets of chairs. What I found most interesting was that Ted’s jacket had fallen away from his chest and stomach, and hung down on either side of his body in between his torso and his arms. Of course that is what I had been planning all along. Now you know why I had Ted hold his arms a couple of inches away from his body before I turned him into a living mannequin.

Snail-like I approached Ted’s suspended body, savoring the sight of that taunt stretched out, sexy, slim and trim body before me. I studied Ted’s face for a few moments. The frozen grin remained pasted on his face, as I had expected. “Ted,” I informed him as I stood towering over him. “You are now able to talk and to move the muscles of your face. You can let what you are feeling show on your face, now.”

“Ohhh.......” Ted moaned softly. “I...feel....so....totally....under...your....control....sir.” he said in between low moans. “I...never...thought....it...could...be...this....good.” (Do you think maybe Ted was enjoying being turned into a human bridge? If you need further clues to figure out the answer to that question, you are in serious need of help, buddy.)

“May I touch your body, Ted?” I asked him quietly. I always asked permission first, before I started exploring the body of a subject like Ted. By having him give me permission, Ted was taking another step towards giving control to me. I thought it best to approach this situation with Ted slowly. I didn’t want to frighten him or cause him any discomfort.

“Yes....of....course,” Ted answered in between the slow and low moans that were still emerging from between the small satisfied smile that graced his lips. “You....can....do...what...ever....you....like.”

“Thank you, Ted,” I responded as I slowly placed my hands on his chest and pushed down slight on his body. “Doesn’t that feel nice?” I inquired.

‘Oh....yes...it....does. More....please.....sir?” Ted pleaded between moans.

It looked to me like Ted was having the time of his life. I almost envied him. Almost. I got to work and started in on my fun. I knelt down next to Ted and ran my hands over that taunt slim body before me. The vest of his suit was lying snugly against his chest. I could clearly see that five of the six buttons were done up, and that there were four welt pockets on the vest. They looked empty. I patted down the pockets just to be sure. (Yeah, right! Get real! I patted down Ted’s chest because I wanted to feel that soft woolen material beneath my fingers and I indulged in my favorite pastime of patting down a hypnotized stud in a suit.) “Nice vest, Ted,” I said to him as I let my hands run all over that material and fingered the pockets a few times.

“Thank...you...sir...ohhh.......” Ted replied absentmindedly. Any further comments that he might have wanted to express were washed away by several loud moans that erupted from his mouth as I played both of my hands all over his chest and slowly did up the button at the bottom of his vest that was not buttoned. I had seriously thought about undoing Ted’s vest, but decided against it at the last second. I planned to let Ted remember this entire session, when I woke him up. If he wanted to come back again, I wanted it to be his choice not mine. Making him come back would be too easy. The challenge with Ted would be to restrain my use of my powers.

Satisfied with exploring Ted’s chest, I turned my attention to his right arm. It was in the way of where I wanted to go. I firmly grabbed his right arm and moved it up until it was pointed straight up in the air. This cleared the way for the target that I had locked my sights on. Ted’s ass. With his jacket hanging away from his body I could clearly see the right profile of Ted’s ass. It looked pretty good, but I wanted the full rear view. I got down on my stomach and crawled underneath Ted’s suspended body to examine the underlying structure of this bridge. I was not disappointed in the least. I could see the wonderfully skinny and tight ass that Ted possessed. The suit pants he was wearing clung closely to the mounds and curves of Ted’s glorious gluteus maximus. As luck would have it, Ted carried his wallet in the single hip pocket on the right side of the suit pants. It was an especially large and thick wallet. It caused the material of Ted’s suit pants to be pulled snugly (okay tightly) across the valley of his buttocks. The pocket had a button through closure which Ted had somehow managed to do up, and that added a hint of strain to the material of his pants. I was hard pressed to hold back the wolf whistle that tried to escape from my lips. My hands itched to stroke that perfect pair of hemispheres that hung there above me. I refrained from doing anything, though. I wasn’t sure how Ted would react to having me fondle his ass though. All I’d asked was permission to touch him, not to grope him.

Well, even if I wasn’t going to touch it, his ass was still lovely to behold. Sometimes the anticipation, the wanting, is far sweeter than the actual action. This was one of those times. So I lay there underneath Ted gazing up at his lovely ass and sighed with all the delight and fascination of an astronomer gazing at the sky through a powerful telescope, on a crystal clear night. Yes, I would definitely classify Ted’s ass as a ‘heavenly body’. After about five minutes I crawled out from under Ted. I wanted to look over the rest of his body before the session was over.

With his suit jacket hanging down as it was, the entire front of Ted’s pants were exposed to my view. The front of his suit pants were as wonderful to gaze upon as his ass had been. Ted did not have an erection, but his pants were snuggled up against his crotch and the front of his pelvis in a most delightful manner, if you catch my drift. The fly of his pants was smooth and even, as were the front of his double pleated suit pants. Usually suit pants looked best on a man when he was standing up, and the pants were hanging down naturally. While this was true of Ted as well, in Ted’s case his pants looked good even while he was lying there suspended between the two groups of chairs. It was a shame that I couldn’t run my hands all over the front of Ted’s suit pants. I wanted to, believe me. But I knew that it would lead to complications that I didn’t really have the energy to deal with this evening.

After about five minutes I knew it was enough for this session. I didn’t want to push Ted too far, too quickly, and if I left him suspended like that much longer he would be very sore the next day. I gripped Ted’s feet firmly with both of my hands and gently lifted them up off of the chair they had been resting on for the past quarter of an hour. I placed Ted’s feet back on the floor, after nudging the chair out of the way first. With a soft sigh of regret I walked over to stand behind Ted’s head and shoulders. I swatted down and carefully placed my hands on Ted’s shoulders, one hand behind each shoulder. I stiffen my arms and used the strength in my legs to lift Ted up and off of the chairs where he had been resting. Once I had Ted propped up high enough I walked forward until I was standing against the chairs. I balanced on my left leg as I used my right foot to move the chair on the right side out of my way. With that task quickly accomplished, I shifted my weight to my right foot, after having placed my right foot back on the floor, and tackled the task of moving the chair on the left side out of my way. Now that I had a clear path ahead of me, it was a relatively simple matter to walk forward and push Ted back up so that he was standing on his own two feet again. Ted rocked back and forth just a tiny little bit as he settled back into position. Once I was sure he was in place, it was time for the next stage.

“Ted, as I place my fingers on your forehead you will feel your body returning to normal,’ I instructed him as I placed the finger tips of my right hand onto Ted’s forehead. “Your body will be completely normal in every respect. You will no longer be a living mannequin. You will find it easy and relaxing to just stand there as you body returns to normal.”

I watched with satisfaction and some small disappointment as Ted’s body sagged into relaxation, and his head dropped down to his chest. He let out a soft sigh as the muscles in his body relaxed once again.. “If you like you can go and sit down on the sofa, Ted,” I told him. “I think you’ll be more comfortable there.”

“The sofa, yes,” Ted agreed readily as his eyes popped open. He turned his head about looking for the sofa. Once he saw it he made a beeline directly for it. He plopped down the sofa with a heartfelt sigh of relief, and settled down to make himself comfortable. Once he was settled in, which took all of four or five seconds, Ted closed his eyes and let his head fall forward down to his chest once again. I left him sitting there for about five minutes while I looked him over, enjoying once again the sight of a good looking, well dressed and deeply hypnotized man.

“Ted, would you like to be able to return to this state or an even deeper state than this, again sometime in the future?” I asked him knowing what the answer would be.

“Yes, sir, very much, sir,” Ted answered softly but clearly.

“Would you like me to be the person to guide you back into this state or a deeper state than this?” I prompted him.

“Yes indeed, sir,” Ted agreed readily. “Only you, sir. I want only you to hypnotize me, sir. No one else.”

“Good, I’m glad to hear that Ted,” I praised him. “Listen carefully, now. Each and every time when we are alone and I say the phrase “bank managers interest me”, you will return to this state or an even deeper state than this. When you return to this state you will feel relaxed, comfortable and obedient, able and willing to do whatever is asked of you. Do you understand, Ted?”

“Yes, sir,” Ted answered. “Does this mean that I’ll be back in your power when you say that phrase, sir?” Ted asked wistfully.

“Yes, I suppose you could say that,” I agreed.

“Oh good, sir,” Ted as he lifted his head, looked up at me and smiled. “I would not want to be anything but in your power, sir. It wouldn’t feel right if you didn’t control me, if you didn’t put me back into your power, sir.”

“Oh brother!” I thought to myself. “Ted’s one of those guys who associates hypnosis with mind control. I hadn’t counted on this. I didn’t put that idea into that cute little head of his. My powers must have uncovered some deep desire on his part to be controlled. That seem to be happening a lot with my powers lately.”

“Ted, have you always wanted to feel yourself controlled by someone else?” I asked him out loud, as I dragged myself away from my retrospection.

“I guess....I guess I have, sir,” Ted admitted after a few seconds thought. “I never thought it would be possible, at least not until tonight. I never knew being controlled could feel so good. Thank you for this feeling, sir.” Ted sat there looking up at me, as happy as a clam.

“Whatever makes him happy, I guess,” I thought to myself. “That is good, Ted,” I assured him, as I prepared to wake him up. “Now I am about to count from zero to five, where zero represents this state or an even deeper state than this, and five is eyes open and fully away. Now close your eyes and go even deeper now, Ted.”

“Yes, sir,” Ted said as he obediently closed his eyes and sighed with delight.

“Zero. Starting to come up now,” I said to him as I began the count. “One. Coming up a bit more. And you notice now that as you come up a feeling of calm and peace seems to flood through your mind and your body feels even more relaxed and comfortable. Two. Coming up a bit more, and now you feel the need for more oxygen, so you take a deep breath and let it out in a soft sigh,”

Ted, inhaled and sighed on command. He was responding well to my suggestions.

“Three. Coming up a bit more, now,” I urged him as I continued the count. “Starting to move and stretch your legs and your arms a bit now. Four. Nearly there now. And five. Eyes open and wide awake. Wide Awake!” I said the last two words in a loud and commanding voice to insure that Ted heard them.

Ted blinked his eyes opened, and looked about trying to find me. He sheepishly grinned at me as a slight blush crossed his face. “You took me at my word.,” he said as he smiled at me. “I never imagined you’d turn me into a human bridge.”

“Is there anything about tonight’s session that you didn’t like or enjoy, Ted?” I asked him, wondering if perhaps I had ‘crossed the line’ somewhere.

“No, I don’t think so,” Ted admitted after a moment’s thought. “I just didn’t expect you to be so creative. I’ve seen people suspended between two chairs in hypnosis stage shows, but I never dreamed that I’d ever wind up like that. It was kind of cool.” Ted smiled at me.

“So you’re happy with tonight’s events, then, Ted?” I asked him.

“Yeah, it was great,” Ted confirmed as he sat there looking at me, with a slightly dreamy expression on his face.

“It’s too bad you’re not a bank manager, Ted,” I said to him with a huge grin on my face.

“Why’s that?” Ted asked puzzled.

“Because bank managers interest me, Ted,” I said to him carefully and clearly.

“Bank mana....” Ted started to comment, but his response was cut off as his eyes closed and he sank back into the sofa. Ted’s response to his trigger phrase was total and complete. He was back into his hypnotic trance in only a heartbeat or two. The small grin on his face testified that he was feeling pretty good and happy to be back under.

“Happy to be back in hypnosis aren’t you, Ted?” I asked him.

“Oh yes, sir. And to be back in your power, sir,” Ted confirmed as he sat there awaiting his next command.

I counted Ted back out of hypnosis.

Ted opened his eyes and looked over at me. “Let me guess,” Ted said with a smile on his face. “You were just testing to be sure that the trigger worked, right?”

“Yup,” I confirmed with a smile of my own. “But if I told you that before hand, it wouldn’t be as much fun.”

“I suppose so. It’s good to know that the trigger works. What now?” Ted asked me as he sat back in the sofa and rested his hands in his lap.

“Ted, you’re not yet completely out of hypnosis, you know,” I cautioned.

“Really?” Ted said surprised. “What does that mean?”

“It means that you’re still very susceptible to suggestion right now, which is normal,” I answered him. “It usually takes from three to seven minutes for a subject to completely come out of hypnosis. So this is nothing for you to worry about.”

“I’m not worried about it, but at the same time I find it difficult to believe you,” Ted said as he smiled at me. “I grant that you’re good at hypnotizing me, but unless you say my trigger and I agree to it, nothing is going to happen. I know that, and you know that, so your warning is really unnecessary.”

“I could prove it to you, if you like,” I said to Ted with a smirk on my face.

“Okay, prove it to me,” Ted challenged me. He looked me with a slightly defiant but good-natured expression on his face. “But I should warn you that I’m going to resist what ever you try.”

“Well, it’s your subconscious, Ted, that would like to go back into hypnosis,” I said to him. “All I have to do is suggest an action for you to take that would put you back into hypnosis, and you’ll do it, because in your subconscious you want to go back into hypnosis.”

“Paul, that’s a line of bull. You know it and I know it,” Ted said as he laughed at me. “But go ahead and tell me what to do. I’m not going to do it, though.”

“In your case Ted, it would have to be something that you might associate with a submissive action,” I said as I tried to think of something. I looked at Ted, and then the idea popped into my mind. “Okay. I’ve got it,” I said cheerfully.

“Oh, I can’t wait to hear this,” Ted said with a chuckle.

“All you have to do Ted, is to get down on your hands and knees, and to start barking like a dog. With each bark that you utter you’ll feel yourself going back under. When you’ve barked ten times, you’ll be back in hypnosis and deeper in my power than you’ve ever been before,” I instructed him. (The last phrase about being ‘deeper in my power than ever before’ was a direct and non too subtle appeal to Ted’s subconscious mind. Before you ask, no I did not help out the situation by sending any commands into Ted’s mind. This was strictly a test of Ted’s post hypnotic susceptibility.)

“Good grief!” Ted exclaimed as he jumped to his feet. “That’s crazy, Paul! There’s no way in the world that I’d do something like that!” Ted walked out from between the sofa and the coffee table to stand beside me as I sat in the swivel rocker. Apparently, it had not dawned on Ted that he had just moved himself into a position where he would be able to drop down on his hands and knees. While sitting on the sofa, there wasn’t enough room to do that. I enjoyed looking up at Ted as he stood beside me. He looked so dapper standing there, that I wanted to reach out and start caressing his well dressed body. Fortunately, I was able to curb that impulse.

Ted stood there, looking down at me and grinned, completely sure of himself. “You sure do come up with some strange ideas, I’ll grant you that,” Ted said as he looked down at me. “Hang on a sec,” Ted said as he knelt down on his left knee. ‘My right shoe feels loose.” Ted bent down, untied and retried his right shoe lace. “There that’s better,” he declared. As Ted started to get up he slipped or stumbled and wound up falling forward onto the carpet. He caught himself just in time by thrusting his arms out in front of him.

“I hate to have to point this out to you, Ted,” I said without even trying to conceal the smile of triumph on my face. “But, you are now on your hands and knees.”

“Yeah, but it was an WOOF accident,” Ted said as he barked once, while responding to my statement. “I didn’t intend WOOF to get down on my hands WOOF and knees.”

“Uh, Ted, you’re starting to bark,” I pointed out to him.

“No. WOOF, I’m not. WOOF. WOOF,” Ted denied as he looked over at me.

Already I could see his eyes starting to take on that slightly glazed and far away look that signals the beginning of a hypnotic trance. “Oh but you are, Ted,” I argued with him. “I’ve already counted six ‘woofs’. Four more and you’ll be back in my power.”

“That is WOOF completely, WOOF nuts!” Ted declared emphatically, but his speech was starting to slow down, just a bit. “I’ve had enough hypnosis for one night. WOOF! I really don’t want to do any more hypnosis. WOOF!”

With the last bark Ted’s face became blank for a few moments, and then a smiled blossomed on his face as he let out a long deep sigh. His eyes glazed over completely as they took on a far away look. He was back in hypnosis, despite his protests to the contrary. Oh how I love to be proved right.

“Good boy, Ted,” I said as I reached over and patted him on the head. I couldn’t help but smile at Ted and at the situation. I was really enjoying myself. (You would have been enjoying yourself too, if you’d been in my position, I’m sure. I would much rather have patted Ted’s behind instead of his head, but you can’t have everything.)

“WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!” Ted agreed happily.

“Now be a good boy, and hand over your wallet, Ted. After you surrender you wallet to me you can stand there on all fours and wait for further instructions,” I commanded him.

Ted’s eyes lit up as he nodded his head vigorously. He reached back with his right hand and dug frantically into the right hip pocket of his suit pants. He whipped out his wallet and practically threw it at me in his excitement to hand over his wallet to me. I think I had struck a nerve, as they say.

“WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!” Ted panted urgently at me as he stood there on his hands and knees looking at me, waiting for his next command. It seemed that Ted had taken on the submissive role of being my ‘dog’ without my having to suggest it to him, which was fine by me. It was a pity that the role playing would have to be cut short.

I counted Ted out, and waited to see what his reaction would be. One thing was for sure, I was going to enjoy this. It was going to be very interesting.

Ted stopped panting and a perplexed look crossed his face as he looked about the room. He looked over at me and his confusion grew stronger. He looked down at himself, noticing for the first time that he was on his hands and knees. The expression on his face moved from confused to bewildered.

“What in the world just happened?” He asked me as he tried to make sense of his situation. “What am I doing on my hands and knees?”

‘You know, Ted,” I chuckled at him as I answered his question.

“Oh my God!” Ted exclaimed as events of the past few minutes rolled through his mind, and he came to inevitable conclusion. “I actually did it! I barked my way back into your power!” Ted looked at be the shock and surprise frozen on his face as he remained there on his hands and knees. “Wow....” Ted cried out softly as he came to accept what had just happened. “You’re good. You’re really good.” A few seconds later Ted slowly climbed to his feet, dusted off the knees of his pants and adjusted his clothing.

“Did you enjoy yourself, Ted?” I asked him calmly as I looked up him.

“Yeah, actually, I did,” Ted admitted and grinned at me as he came to recognize the humor of the situation. “Now that I’m back to normal, would you mind handing me back my wallet? I’m going to need it.”

“Sure thing,” I said I held out Ted’s wallet to him. (No I did not rummage through Ted’s wallet. That would have been rude, not to mention an invasion of privacy.) “So how does it feel to be proven wrong?” I taunted him.

“A heck of a lot better than you might think,” Ted informed me with a satisfied grin on his face, as he took back his wallet and replaced it in the right hip pocket of his pants.. “Do you think we can continue to do stuff like this in future?”

“I don’t see why not,” I answered. “I think we should call it quits for tonight though. I think you’ve had enough. I know I have.”

“What do you mean, you’ve had enough?” Ted asked me as I stood up and walked over to where he was standing.

‘Well, these hypnosis sessions do require effort on my part, you know,” I informed him. “I have to orchestra the events, and that takes time, effort and energy. You probably get more out of the hypnosis than I do”

“I never looked at it that way. I suppose you’re right,” Ted agreed after a few seconds of thought. “Of course, I’m kind of new at this whole hypnosis thing. It never occurred to me that the hypnotist would have to do any work during the session.”

“Well, he or she does,” I assured him. “Any other questions before you leave?” I was escorting Ted towards the front door. As tempting as it was to explore Ted’s suit this evening, I wasn’t really in the mood to reveal to Ted that I was gay, and have to deal with the repercussions that would entail. It had been my experience that with the exception of gay subjects, most straight subjects became upset when they learned that they had been hypnotized by a gay man. (Why straight men have that misconception about gay men is one of the mysteries of life. But enough about that.) Ted was straight. I knew that because I could see it clearly in his mind when I had scanned his mind earlier in the evening. I did not know his views on gay people and frankly I wasn’t in the mood to learn. I was tired. The last two days at work had been somewhat more stressful than normal, and being involved in the bank robbery yesterday had not helped matters any. I needed some rest.

“I guess not. Well, not right now anyway,” Ted answered. “May I call you some evening if I do have any questions about hypnosis, or to arrange a time for another session?”

“By all means,” I answered. “I’m in the book.” We had arrived at the front door and I had just unlocked it.

“It’s amazing, you know,” Ted said as he was about to leave my apartment.

“What’s amazing?” I asked him, although I had a fairly good idea what was on his mind.

“Well that I came over here tonight to vent my anger and frustration at you about what happened at the bank, and I wound up on my hands and knees barking like your pet dog,” Ted said with a grin. “I could never have imagined something like this happening.”

“Life is full of surprises,” I said as I ushered him out of the apartment. “I’m glad it is, otherwise life would be terribly boring.”

“Yeah, it would. I’ll see you later, hopefully,” Ted said as he walked through the doorway.

“Good night, Ted,” I said firmly. (Some people just don’t know when they are being asked to leave, it seemed.)

“Good night, Paul,” Ted said as he turned away and started walking towards the bank of elevators.

“Some people have to have the last word too, it seems,” I thought to myself, as I closed and locked the front door. I headed to the kitchen for a nice relaxing cup of tea. I could really use one. I was beat. I looked at the kitchen clock. It was 9:15 PM. Ted had been here just over an hour and three quarters. It felt longer. One cup of tea later, I headed off to my empty and lonely bed. I missed not having Andy here with me to sleep with. Life is full of positives and negatives. The night’s unexpected events with Ted Carson were undeniably a positive. Not having Andy here to cuddle up with in bed was a definite negative. Those were my last thoughts as I laid my head on the pillow of my bed and sleep overtook me.