The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop II: Cowboys and Tuxedos.

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 1998. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author.

Part 2. Coffee With A Cowboy

Saturday afternoon could not come soon enough for me. I was so looking forward to talking with this cowboy. (Okay, so we were probably going to wind up doing a lot more that just ‘talk’, but we would talk a bit at first.) I wasn’t sure exactly how the day was going to unfold, but I knew that it would be fun. I had never had a work week drag on so long before. I got a lot of work done, but the days still seemed to go by very slowly.

I got up early on Saturday morning and passed the hours doing as many of my chores as I could before leaving for The Coffee Shop. When 1 PM finally arrived I headed off to The Coffee Shop, so that I would arrive well ahead of the cowboy. I picked up a Saturday paper to read when I got there. I had to have something to do to pass the time.

When I arrived at the Coffee Shop, I took my mug of coffee and my newspaper to one of the empty booths near the doors. I wanted to be sure not to miss the cowboy when he arrived, so I placed myself so that I could easily see everyone coming and going. Once in position, I settled down to enjoy my paper as I waited for the cowboy to arrive.

A few minutes before 2 PM. he walked into the Coffee Shop, as expected. He was wearing exactly the same outfit as at the hypnotist show, and more importantly he was alone. I gave the cowboy some time to settle in, get comfortable and to start reading his paper. Besides, I was enjoying just looking at him out of the corner of my eye. He was such a good looking guy. I sighed softly to myself.

When I thought enough time had passed by I walked over to the cowboy and said, “Excuse me, sir, but weren’t you at Herman the Hypnotist’s show last week? I’m sure I saw you on stage.”

He looked up from his paper, and gazed at me for a minute. “Yes, I was there, and yes I did go onstage. Why do you ask?”

“Well, I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for a great show, and to let you know that I think you’re very talented. I hope I’m not embarrassing you, or making you feel uncomfortable,” I replied.

“Well,” he said as he looked at me with a slightly puzzled expression on his face. “I don’t really remember much of what happened. I know I had a good time, but I don’t recall exactly what happened to me.”

“I’d be willing to tell you what happened, if you like,” I said to him. (I was hoping that this would provide the perfect opening and that I would not have to ‘suggest’ anything more to him.) “But, if that makes you uncomfortable, I’ll leave you alone.” I stood there waiting for his reply. The cowboy was clearly unsure of what to do. Part of him wanted to know and part of him did not.

“I thought you knew that Herman the Hypnotist always has a ‘clean’ and ‘family’ show. In all the years I’ve seen him, Herman has never compromised his standards, and he certainly did not do that the other night,” I told the cowboy. He looked at me again, and his face became a bit more relaxed. That did it. (Okay, so the ‘command’ I gave the cowboy a few days ago was the real deciding factor, but this makes the story sound better.)

“Okay, then,” the cowboy replied. “Sit down for a bit and tell me all about it.”

Concealing my delight and glee, I sat down in the booth opposite the cowboy and proceeded to describe to him, the events of the show that night. He had just a little bit of trouble looking me in the eye a few times. He even blushed once or twice. But, there was easily enough contact to implant the commands in his mind that he wanted to know a lot more about hypnosis and to steer (no pun intended) the conversation to that subject.

“So you see,” I concluded as I finished telling him the events of Herman’s show. “You didn’t really do anything embarrassing or humiliating. Is there anything else you wanted to know?”

“Yeah,” he drawled, and he finally looked me in the eyes. He had such wonderful eyes to look at, so deep and dark. It almost did not register with me when he said to me, “You seemed to be paying a lot of attention to everyone on stage. Why is that?”

It took a second or two for me to drag myself way from those lovely eyes of his. “Well,” I replied with all honesty. “I’ve always been interested in hypnosis and I really enjoy watching the shows. I’ve found it to be a very interesting hobby, and it’s fun too.” I smiled at him.

“You mean you can hypnotize people?” He asked me with a touch of wonder in his voice.

“Yes,” I replied calmly. “I do it all the time. But never without the subject’s consent, and always in private. If you’re interested in hypnosis just go ahead and ask any questions you might have. I’ll do my best to answer them for you.”

“Well, could you hypnotize me?” He asked in a doubtful tone of voice. “I really enjoyed being hypnotized on the stage the other night, and I’d like to experience that again. I’m just not sure that I would trust you or anyone else, enough to hypnotize me again. I’m still not sure why I ever went up on stage that night.”

“I would be more than happy to hypnotize you, sir,” I told him. “By the way, my name’s Paul Walton. What is yours?”

“Doug Davenport,” he replied easily.

“Well, I’m happy to meet you, Doug,” I said to him. “Now, without sounding pushy, did you have a particular time in mind for when you might want to try this?” I was looking him in the eyes again as I asked him the question, so of course I sent a few mental commands to him. “You are finding it so easy to talk with me now. It seems to feel so good to just talk with me because you can feel yourself trusting me. It just seems so natural and easy to do. You’d like to try the hypnosis very soon. Tonight even, if you can arrange it. You want to feel that wonderful state of hypnosis again.”

Doug blinked his eyes a few times, and they became a bit unfocused as the commands I sent to him sunk into his mind and were accepted. After about a minute or so, he finally spoke. “Listen, Paul, I’m not sure that I can arrange it yet, but I would really like to try a hypnosis session with you tonight. No offence intended, but I’d rather have this session at your home, and not at mine. I don’t want anyone to drop by unexpectedly and find out about this. Is that okay with you?”

“It’s fine with me, Doug,” I told him easily. Inside though, I was struggling not to clap my hands with glee. “Here, I’ll write down my phone number and address, and if it is a good time for you, you just give me a call tonight at say, 7 PM, okay?”

“Sounds fair,” Doug replied, and he smiled at me. I smiled back at him, but what I really wanted to do was to plant a kiss on his lips to thank him. Well, time enough for that later. We then started to talk a bit more about hypnosis for the next thirty minutes or so. Finally, though Doug had to leave, because of other things he had to take care of. I watched him go and thoroughly enjoyed the site of him walking out of The Coffee Shop, in those wonderfully tight jeans. I knew that he would call me tonight at 7 PM. He’d make every effort to arrange a hypnosis session, because I had implanted the desire for one in his mind. I had only to wait.

As expected, my phone rang at about 7 PM, and it was Doug on the other end. He sounded excited and a bit nervous over the phone, but managed to convey to me that if I was free for the evening so was he. I tried to sound as casual as possible as I invited him over. He was thrilled and said he was on his way. Doug hung up the phone before I could ask him how long it would take him to get to my apartment. I had no idea how long I would have to wait for him. So to pass the time, I made myself a cup of tea, and just sat down to drink it slowly. I took the time to plan out in my mind what type of induction I would use with Doug. I wanted to try something different and interesting. I also had to give some thought to what I might do with Doug tonight, once I had him under and feeling very good. There were many possibilities, but I had to start narrowing them down.

At 7:25 PM, my doorbell rang, and I went to answer it. Looking through the peephole I saw Doug, and he was dressed as before except that he had a pair of very dark blue jeans on, and from what I could see they appeared to be new. He was also wearing a light blue denim jacket. I quickly opened the door and invited him in.

“Please sit down somewhere in the living room and make yourself comfortable, Doug,” I said to him as I took his light blue denim jacket and hung it up in the closet. My eyes drank in his body as he walked away from me and into the living room. Those jeans looked even tighter than the ones he’d had on earlier in the day. God, how I wanted to just jump on top of him right then, and caressed those sweet butt cheeks with my hands. To feel that new denim under my fingertips as I ran my hands over his ass. It was all I could do to maintain my self control. I’d NEVER felt this way about another guy since...well....since Steve and Jack. I was falling for this cowboy...hook, line, and sinker. I was sure though, that he didn’t have any idea about how I felt. I’m very good at concealing my feelings.

Taking a deep and calming breath, I walked into the living room. There sat Doug in one of the comfortable overstuffed chairs by the sofa. He was sitting slightly slouched in the chair, with his legs spread apart a bit, and stretched out. His legs were not crossed and he still had his cowboy boots and cowboy hat on. I didn’t mind a bit, as he looked very good in them. “Do you want a cup of coffee or something else to drink?” I asked him.

“No, not really,” Doug replied as he looked at me and grinned slightly. “I’m glad that you have the time to try this with me tonight. Especially considering that we barely know each other. I have strong doubts that this is going to work, but I’m willing to try.”

“That’s all I can ask,” I told him as I walked over to him and looked him in the eyes. “You will find it easy to follow along with my suggestions as I hypnotize you, Doug,” I mentally commanded him. “It will feel natural and easy for you to follow along as the suggestions take effect. You trust me so much that you have no doubts deep inside that I can hypnotize you and help you to feel so wonderful and good again. Even better then when you were onstage.”

After blinking his eyes a few times as these command took effect, Doug’s face became much more relaxed as he said, “I’m ready to start whenever you are, Paul. Just tell me what to do, and I’ll give it my best shot.”

“Okay,” I said to him. “Just let me get something and we can start.” I turned away from him and walked over to one of the nearby bookcases to pick up a motorized kaleidoscope, which I brought back with me and gave to Doug.

“What do I do with this?” He asked me in a puzzled voice.

“Why you hold it to your best viewing eye, and turn on the motor. The switch is there near the base,” I told him. “What else would you do with it?”

“Yeah, but what has this got to do with hypnosis?” Doug asked even more puzzled than before.

“You’ll see,” I answered vaguely, and smiled a warm comforting smile at him. “Most hypnotists use a focus of some type, and this is the one that I like to use. It will work. Believe me.”

“Okay, but I’m still not sure about this,” Doug replied with doubt heavy in his voice. He put the kaleidoscope to his right eye, and closed his left eye. At my suggestion he turned towards the nearby lamp so that he’d be able to see the patterns the kaleidoscope generated clearly and easily.

“Hold the tube steady with both hands,” I told him as he sat there and started to look at the assortment of colored plastic bits. “Be sure to keep the tube very steady. There is a large bright red strip of plastic in the collection of pieces of plastic in the tube. When you see that large bright red strip, just say ‘okay’ to let me know.”

“Okay,” Doug replied quickly. “I see it now. Now what?”

“Flip the switch at the base of the tube to turn it on,” I told him. He held the tube with his right hand as he flipped the switch at the base of the tub with his left index finger, then resumed holding the tube securely with both hands. There was a low pitched hum as the motor started up and the round cylinder at the base of the kaleidoscope started to slowly turn in a clockwise direction. “Just try to let your eye follow the big red strip of plastic as it moves in and out of the patterns, Doug,” I said to him in a soothing and mellow voice. “Just try to keep your attention on that large bright red strip and let my voice fade into the background where you can still hear and understand it. And each and every time you see the large red strip of plastic clearly, just say ‘okay’, and keep on looking.”

“Okay,” Doug replied. A few moments later he said ‘okay’ again.

“Just let your eye and your attention follow along with the ever changing patterns that you see,” I said to him continuing to speak in smooth even and mellow tones. “In a few moments you will notice that the patterns seem to flow smoothly from one to the next as you keep watching, and when that happens just say ‘okay’.” (I might point out to you dear reader, that the patterns in a kaleidoscope do move smoothly from one to the next. But you would know that if you’ve ever looked at a kaleidoscope.)

“Okay,” Doug said a second or two later, as I knew he would.

“The ever changing patterns move along in front of your eye, and soon and very soon indeed you will find it easy and even pleasant to continue looking at the patterns in front of you. When you feel that happen, Doug, you just say ‘okay’ and continue to look. Letting your attention become fixed and focused on the ever changing patterns in front of you.” I paused for a moment to let Doug respond.

“Okay,” he replied sounding slightly distracted.

“You notice now, as you continue to watch the patterns in front of you, that they are very relaxing to your eye and to your mind. You can feel yourself starting to go along with the flow to feel yourself moving along with the flow of the ever changing patterns as they move from one pattern to another. And each and every time you notice the large bright red strip of plastic in the pattern, you find it even easier to keep on looking at the patterns as they move in front of you. Finding it easier and easier to just go along with the flow each and every time you notice the large bright red strip of plastic in the pattern.”

“Okay,” he replied about a minute later. “Such nice pretty patterns. So nice to look at.”

“Yes,” I said to him in a very soothing and relaxing tone of voice. “They are most pleasing to look at and very relaxing. You can even feel the muscles around your eyes start to relax the more you keep looking at the patterns, Doug.” I could see the muscles in his face start to go slack and relax as his attention became focused on only the patterns he was seeing and on my voice as he was listening to me.

“Yes. Okay. Pretty and nice to look at, yes,” Doug said, and then a few seconds later he let out a long sigh of contentment and sank just a bit deeper into the chair. “Okay.....okay.....okay.....okay.” He kept repeating as he continued to stare into the kaleidoscope, transfixed and entranced. A wonderfully handsome cowboy sitting there in my living room, with his legs apart a bit and looking into a kaleidoscope, and otherwise ignoring me. I would loved to have reached over and fondled his crotch to touch that slight bulge that I saw in his jeans. I was hard pressed to continue with the induction, but I knew that it was important to do so, if only so that Doug did not become suspicious.

“And now you can feel yourself being pulled into the patterns as you look. Feel yourself being drawn down and into the patterns. The nice relaxing patterns, where you just seem to go down deeper into them each time you see the big red strip of plastic. And the patterns seem to reach out to you and you can feel your body start to relax as you become drawn down and into the patterns, Doug. Deeper and deeper each time you see the big red strip of plastic.”

There was silence for a few minutes as Doug continued to look at the kaleidoscope, and I thought at first something had gone wrong, though I couldn’t imaging what. Doug should have been saying okay a lot as he saw the red strip of plastic, but he remained silent, except for some weak grunts. I looked closer at him and saw that sweat was starting to bead from his forehead and upper lip, and the muscles in his face were taunt and straining. He was under a lot of strain and stress for some reason. This did not seem right.

“Doug, what’s the matter?” I asked him with concern.

“God, the tube is so heavy!” Doug whispered. “My arms are so weak and limp. I can barely hold it up. But I have to. I want to keep seeing the patterns and to just go deeper. Please, help me. Help me please.”

I hadn’t expected him to react so strongly to my suggestions. There was a very easy and fast solution though. I didn’t want Doug to hurt himself. “Doug,” I quickly said to him. “I’ve tied some helium filled balloons to the tube now. The tube is becoming lighter each time you see the bright red strip of plastic. Soon you will be able to hold the tube up easily and to go even deeper as you do. And when you are holding the tube without any strain, you will notice that you eye is starting to get tired and that you are beginning to blink more and more frequently.”

Doug let out a few sighs of relief as he felt the tube get lighter. The sweat slowly dried on his face, as the strain and tension in his face faded. A minute or so later, his right eye began to blink very frequently as he started having some trouble keeping it open. His left eye remained tightly shut but I could see it twitching in unison with the right eye blinking.

“The patterns continuing to take you down and to help you go deeper, Doug,” I said to him. “Your eye is getting very, very tired now. The longer you look the more tired your eye becomes. The eyelid becoming heavier and heavier each time the pattern changes, and with each breath you take. And in a few moments, in only a few moments, you will find it becomes harder and harder to keep your eye open as you continue to go down deeper and deeper.” I could see Doug fighting to keep his eye open, and the tube was even beginning to dip a bit, now.

“And soon and very soon indeed, you will find it extremely difficult to keep your eye open and to look at the patterns as your eye becomes so tired, and with it your entire body becomes even more relaxed and loose as you start to slip down even deeper Doug.”

Doug’s head was beginning to node, and the tube was starting to dip and then pop back up level as Doug continued to struggle, torn between the desire to keep looking at the kaleidoscope patterns so he could go deeper, and the deep and profound relaxation that was building within his limbs. The struggle become more pronounced with each passing moment. I was enjoying the site of this beautiful cowboy balanced on the edge of entering a deep and profound hypnotic trance I tried to drag it out as long as possible so that when he went under he would go very deeply indeed, but in less than a minute I knew that I would have to take action before he went under on his own.

“SLEEP NOW!", I barked at him in a commanding tone of voice as I touched my fingers to his forehead. Doug’s body went limp and he slipped down into the chair as his right eye closed as securely and tightly as his left eye. He was slouched too much in the chair to move much as the deep relaxation so long denied him over took his body quickly and quietly. In moments the only sounds were his deep and rhythmic breathing, my somewhat faster breathing, and the sound from the motor of the kaleidoscope. I quickly thumbed the button and turned off the kaleidoscope. I wouldn’t be needing it any more.

“Just keep drifting on down, Doug, as you tell me how you feel right now.”

“Very relaxed and good. I feel even better than when I was on the stage. It’s great! You did it!” He said to me and then smiled for a bit. He was happy to be back in hypnosis, and was feeling very good right now.

“Doug, would you mind looking me in the eye for a second, please?” I asked him.

“Sure thing,” he murmured, and then raised his head, opened his eyes and looked directly into my eyes.

“Tell me the truth when I ask you a question,” I ordered him mentally. “You trust me so much and you feel so good right now, that it is incredibly easy for you to tell me the truth.” Doug blinked a few times as these new orders were processed in his mind. To my surprise and delight, though, he actually smiled afterwards as if this were exactly what he wanted. I had not asked, ordered or even suggested that, and it was a good sign that he interpreted my orders to mean that he would enjoy telling me the truth.

“You have lady, don’t you Doug?” I asked him out loud.

“Yes. We’ve been going out for a long time....over a year,” he replied still looking me in the eyes.

“Darn,” I thought to myself. “He’s heterosexual....just my luck. Well that doesn’t meant I can’t have some fun with him anyway.” Speaking out loud a few seconds later I said, “Doug, that is just fine. Just close your eyes, and let your head drop back now, and go down even deeper. Then take a few deep relaxing breaths and tell me what you would like to do right now.”

Immediately Doug closed his eyes and his head dropped down to his chest. A few seconds later he spoke. “I don’t really care. Anything, as long as I can stay like this for a while or maybe even go down deeper. I just like this so much.”

“That’s good. That’s very good,” I said. “Each and every time I say the phrase, ‘your boots have spurs’, you will return to this state or an even deeper state that this because it just feels so good and you want to return so badly. Understood, Doug?”

“Yes, I understand. I return to this state when you say ‘your boots have spurs’ I hope you say that to me a lot,” Doug said as a smile again caressed his lips. “Boy, do I love this feeling...this state. Will you hypnotize me, if I ask you to?” He queried me.

“Only if it is a good time for both you and I, Doug,” I told him. He seemed satisfied with that answer as he just slipped down a bit lower into the chair and sighed.

“You know Doug,” I said to him with some naughty thoughts starting to run around in the back of my head. “Each time you carry out one of my instructions you go down even deeper and feel even better. Isn’t that true.?”

“Oh yes,” Doug responded quickly. “Yes, I can feel that. It’s so good to go deeper. I like doing what you say.”

“Doug, listen carefully then,” I said to him. “When I snap my fingers, just this one time, you will stand up and walk to the dinning room table. When you get there you will take off your hat and your boots and put them on the table. Next you will walk back into the living room and lie down, face up, on the sofa. Then you will just lie there and wait for further instructions. Understood?”

“Yes,” Doug replied and then just sat there waiting patiently.

“One more thing, Doug,” I spoke to him trying to keep the excitement out of my voice. “Try saying this sentence a few times and tell me how it makes you feel. The sentence is, ‘I will obey you, sir’. Try saying it now.”

“I will obey you, sir.” Doug said, with a slightly puzzled look on his face.

“I will obey you, sir.” Doug’s face became less puzzled and much more relaxed.

“I will obey you, sir.” Doug was starting to smile now.

“I will obey you, sir.” Doug’s smile was getting bigger.

“I want to obey you, sir” Doug lifted his head, opened his eyes and looked directly at me. “Boy does it feel good to say that, sir,” he said. “I really want to obey you, sir” Doug just looked at me then, and waited. I snapped my fingers.

Doug carried out all his instructions to the letter, and the entire time he kept saying out loud to himself, ‘I want to obey you, sir’, and smiling each time he said it. It wasn’t hard to see that he was getting very excited and turned on by all this. His tight jeans left nothing to the imagination. Well, not much, anyway. Things were going better than I’d planned. I had this wonderful cowboy lying on the sofa, with his boots and hat off, and his cock nearly fully erect, pressing tightly against his jeans. Delicious. I quickly counted him out.

Doug slowly opened his eyes, and blinked them a few times. “Wha....what happened? Where am I?” He asked, puzzled, confused and just a bit concerned. He propped himself up on one arm and looked around until he saw me.

“Paul....okay, now I remember...the hypnosis, right? Did it work?” He asked me.

“You tell me,” I said to him as I pointed to his boots and hat on the dinning room table, and then just smiled at him.

“Yeah, it did!” He exclaimed. “Hey, I feel as good, no even better, than at Herman’s show. You really did it. Wow!” He suddenly blushed as he noticed the feeling of his erect cock in his jeans. I was about to tell him that everything was okay, when a look of horror crossed his face and he scrambled to his feet and rushed over to the table. He was frantically putting on his boots and had already popped his hat back on.

“What’s wrong, Doug?” I asked him. I was worried. Doug was suddenly scared...no terrified of me. He had his boots on and was heading to the closet to get his jacket and leave. Somehow, I’d done something wrong but I couldn’t imagine what it was. I quickly walked over to where he was standing by the front hall closet.

Doug stopped, and turned to stare at me. He face was red with rage, and he nearly shouted at me, “WHAT’S WRONG?? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? I come over here for some harmless hypnosis, thinking I can trust you and you do THIS to me??? You’re trying to turn me on to you. Well, I’m not some screwed up fucking faggot, like you are. YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FROM NOW ON!!! YOU GOT THAT, YOU FUCKING FAIRY?????”

“It’s not at all like that, Doug,” I started to say to him, as I placed my hand on his arm. “What you felt was....” And the rest of the words were lost as Doug roughly grabbed me by the front of my shirt, and shoved me to the floor. He was a LOT stronger than he looked. He turned back to the closet and put on his jacket and opened the door.

I quickly scrambled to my feet, and ran to the open door. Doug was only a few feet away so I called out, “your boots have spurs”. The effect was immediate. Doug stopped, and just stood there quietly as his head suddenly rolled forward. I quickly walked over to him, and quietly said, “Doug, go back into the living room, sit down on the sofa and go even deeper.”

“Yes, sir,” he replied reluctantly. His steps were hesitant but he complied with my orders. I closed and locked the door when we returned to my apartment. I sat down in a chair next to Doug, as he sat there on the sofa looking at me. There was both fear and loathing on his face as he sat there. Clearly, he did not want to obey me, but he also knew that he could not disobey me either. Caught between two such conflicting wishes he had no choice but to do as I said, because deep down he knew that he wanted to.

“Doug, " I said to him. “In a few seconds I will wake you up. When I do so, you will be bound and be unable to move. You will be able to speak but only in a normal tone of voice, no matter how upset you might be. Understood?”

“Yes, sir,” he replied quickly. He was not looking forward to this, and in his eyes I could see the fear that he had of me. Fear that was slowly turning to terror and probably hate I counted him out.

“So now what are you going to do with me, faggot?” Doug, asked me with a snarl. “Don’t think you can get away with this forever. I’ll get even with you if it’s the last thing I ever do, you cock sucker.”

“Doug, I don’t know what your problem is, but I have a pretty good idea. Now just be quiet for a bit and please, listen to what I have to say,” I instructed him. “Doug, you got upset when you noticed that you had an erection while you were hypnotized, and it concerned you, especially as you did NOT have one during Herman’s show, right?’

“Yeah,” Doug agreed with me. “But YOU caused my dick to go hard ‘cause you’re a fairy and you wanted to fuck me.” Doug said in an even tone of voice, but it was clear that he was very upset about all this. His eyes were shooting daggers of rage and hate at me. I shuddered.

“Actually, Doug, I did NOT suggest that to you at all. I just told you to keep enjoying the sensations.. The reaction you had was perfectly normal and is NOTHING to be worried about. Many men, both straight and gay have that reaction. It comes from the simulation of the brain’s pleasure center that happens during hypnosis. Maybe you were having thoughts about your lady friend, and that is what got you hard. I don’t know that for sure, but I suspect that it was the case. Or it could be that deep down you like the idea of someone telling you want to do, of someone else ‘taking control of you’ as it were, and that is what got you hard. Now, think about that for a minute. And by the way, you’ll notice that your dick is no longer hard.”

“Okay, well, maybe,” Doug said with doubt in his voice, but at least he was a little bit calmer. “But why are you holding me like this, then?”

“Well, I don’t want you to hurt me until I’ve had a chance to explain this all to you. For example, are you perchance the manger of a group of people at work, and do you have a lot of stress to deal with?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I do.” He replied. “What of it?”

“Well, it has been my experience that guys who deal with stressful situations where they have to make a lot of decisions during the day, they like to let go when they are hypnotized. They like to become submissive at bit and to let someone else make all the decisions. It seems to me, that you were experiencing something similar.”

“Well, maybe,” Doug replied, in a nearly calm tone of voice. “But I still don’t know if I believe you.”

“Fine,” I said to him, trying to sound as exasperated as possible. “Well, there is no point in continuing this then. I’m going to release you, and if you decide to come back for another session, well, you just let me know. Your boots have spurs.”

Before he could say anything or even mouth a word, Doug was out like a light again. I had Doug look me in the eyes, as I gave him some mental commands. I was not through with this cowboy, by any means. “Doug,” I told him mentally, “about 15 minutes after you leave my apartment you will think over carefully all I have said. You will come to realize that I treated you with respect and dignity the entire time you were here, and that I never tried to do anything with you. You will come to realize that you were wrong about what you felt about me, and that you really did enjoy the hypnosis a lot, and that you do trust me. You also know that I have not lied to you. You want to be hypnotized by me again, and you do want to try new things while hypnotized. You also realize that you want to try this tonight.”

Doug blinked his eyes many times, and it was a while before he became focused on me again. I put my hand on his shoulder and scanned him mentally to see if there were any problems, but I could not detect anything out of the ordinary. It took me only a few seconds to instruct Doug, that when I woke him up he would be free of any restraints and would be free to leave the apartment. I counted him out.

Doug blinked his eyes a few times as he woke up and just looked at me. He stood up and said goodbye to me and then headed for the door, but when he got there, he paused and then turned around and looked at me again.

“Paul, would you come here a second, please?” He asked me.

“Sure,” I told him and walked over to stand in front of him.

“Well, I just wanted to say good-bye, and to give you something before I left,” Doug said with a slight smile on his face.

“Oh, and what is that?” I asked him.

“This!” He said as he punched me deep in the gut with his right fist. “Happy trails, you lying piece of shit!” He snarled at me, and then spat on me. I crumpled to the floor and curled into a ball.

Pain, and more pain. I couldn’t catch my breath. I couldn’t breath. I was dimly aware that Doug left my apartment, but only because I heard the slamming of the door. It took a few minutes before I was able to stand up and breath normally. I was shocked and surprised by Doug’s actions. He didn’t believe what I’d told him earlier. My powers could not be at fault as I did not have any of the classic signs of power depletion. So, what then was the cause? I asked myself. Why did Doug react so badly to me? Reviewing the conversation, I came to the inescapable conclusion that Doug had to be homophobic. He didn’t know I was gay, that’s true, but things had come close enough to homosexual in nature, to trigger Doug’s fear. After what he’d just done to me, I did want revenge, but I also had to admit that he was only acting out of fear. Well, in fifteen minutes or so, I’d have my answer as to how well my new instructions to Doug had been integrated into his personality. I wasn’t sure if I wanted him to come back or not. I decided to make myself a cup of tea and wait to see what would happen. For the first time in all the years that I’d used my powers, I was unsure as to what was going to happen. Would Doug come back or not?