The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Cupid’s Breath

Author: SP Riley

8

Jason was close, so very close. He could feel it, or at least feel the heat coming off of the GCMS as it ran his latest sample. Between the GCMS and the x-ray diffraction readings Jason could figure out if what he was making just happened to be Cupid’s Breath, without possible poisoning his own body or giving other people a nervous breakdown. Jason looked at the readout again, and sighed. He didn’t even half to look at the previous readings from his known Cupid’s Breath to know that it wasn’t right. All the chemical components were there, but they were in the wrong order.

Jason tried not to look at the clock, but did anyhow. It was six, which meant he had one hour before he had to pick up Abigail for the concert. That gave him just enough time to test out another possible combination. On a hotplate Jason carefully poured out the precise measurements of the different chemicals, stirring all the way, and making the concoction simmer, but not boil. Jason was sure that the Cupid’s Breath had to be hot, but not so hot that it boiled. Jason cooked up another batch and set it aside so the chemical cocktail could cool down, and Jason went back to doing one of his homework assignments.

After a few minutes Jason put his experiment through the machines and waited. In a few minutes the results came out. It wasn’t Cupid’s Breath. With a defeated sigh Jason packed it in, turning off the machines and putting away the chemicals. Jason swung by the small student store on his way from the lab and picked up a rose. He went back to his dorm, had a quick shower and shave before putting on his nicer cloths, checking to make sure he had his bottle of Cupid’s Breath, and heading over to Yellow dorm room 238. Jason heard two women talking when he knocked on the door a few minutes before seven.

“Who is it?” A voice other than Abigail’s called out. For a moment Jason was afraid he had the wrong room.

“Jason Simpson,” Jason said even if he was sure the woman was looking at him through the spy hole in the door.

The woman who opened the door appeared as if she could bench press a truck, which had a compact car inside, as well as a dozen clowns. She was tall with broad shoulders and clearly visible muscles. Her brown hair was cut short in a spiked fashion and for some reason it unnerved Jason to see she didn’t need to wear a bra since she didn’t appear to have any breasts. She wore a sleeveless T-shirt and cut off sweat pants showing very muscular legs to go with her arms. Looming over Jason she looked him up and down before turning behind her and saying, “Oh you’ve got to be kidding me. You dumped Jack for him?”

“Behave,” Abigail said pushing her roommate out of the doorway. Abigail was stunning in her black dress. It was scooped in front to show off her cleavage, and tied in back just enough to cover her rear, but show off just about everything above. A long slit on the side showed black pantyhose on her long legs and she was wearing three-inch heels. Jason resisted the force of gravity on his jaw.

“I know I’m early,” Jason said handing the rose to Abigail.

Abigail smiled and sniffed it, giving her roommate a knowing look. “Jason it’s beautiful,” Abigail said. “You didn’t have to bring me a rose. My old boyfriend never gave me flowers of any kind.” Abigail’s roommate just rolled her eyes. “Jason I’d like you to meet my roommate and good friend Karen West.”

“Pleased to meet you,” Jason said offering his hand to Karen.

“Pleased to meet the person Abbey dumped the hottest guy around for,” Karen replied.

“Karen!” Abigail said in offence.

“Oh come on, he looks so weak I could probably take him out with one punch,” Karen replied.

“She’s right,” Jason offered before Abigail could say something. “I’m a scientist, not a jock.”

“I could change that,” Karen said with a note of pride. She looked from Abigail to Jason and then said to Jason, “If you want to build some muscle, be at the PAC tomorrow at six PM and I’ll show you the ropes.” Jason tried to remember if he had ever been in the Physical Activity Center and drew a blank.

“Okay,” Jason said and looked over at Abigail with a smile, “if someone likes people with some muscles I’m willing to go for it. Where in the PAC should we meet?”

“Outside the locker rooms,” Karen snarled, “I’ll be waiting.”

Abigail grabbed Jason’s arm and led him out of the room before Karen could do anything else. “I can’t believe her,” Abigail said as soon as they were out in the cold night air.

“What? Karen saying I’m weak and not as attractive as your old boyfriend? Was she right?” Jason offered.

“Yes she was right, but that’s not the point,” Abigail shouted back. “You were a guest, and she treated you like you were slime.”

“Well now she has a chance at Jack with you two not together,” Jason offered.

Abigail shook her head and said, “Jack likes to be the one in control of the relationship. Karen enjoys building her muscles and would refuse to be controlled by Jack. I guess looking back on it Jack got off controlling me.

Of course he never did things like take me out to concerts or would bring me flowers.”

“Well I get something in return,” Jason offered, “I get to see you in that beautiful dress.”

“You like it?” Abigail asked doing a slight spin to make the dress fly out.

“I’m glad you do, it’s my nicest dress.” She leaned in close and whispered into Jason’s ear, “I’m also not wearing any panties.”

“This is going to be an interesting night,” Jason said holding open the door to the student union for Abigail.

The two were noticed as they had their dinner together. People looked at the small thin young man with the clearly older and apparently more beautiful woman. Jason was acting like a gentleman even if he wasn’t trying to be one, but acting like he normally would. The concert was almost magical. The five people on stage sliding their long bows across the thin vibrating strings producing a sound that was unmatched by anything else the audience had heard. A CD or any other recording could not duplicate the music produced live. A string quartet could only be truly appreciated live.

The audience had to not only hear the music but also feel the very vibrations going through their bodies. The people sitting in the crowd had to see the musicians run their arms back and forth only slightly changing the angle to touch upon the different strings, and at the same time slide their other fingers up and down the neck of the wooden instruments to get the correct note. Just being there with a beautiful woman was the best time Jason had ever had in his life.

The concert lasted nearly two hours and Jason was leading Abigail out of the theater, both were clutching programs in their hands. Both had smiled across their faces from the beauty of what they both experienced. “I wish I had more CDs of classical music,” Jason whispered more for his own benefit than anyone else’s.

“Why’s that?” Abigail asked.

“I forgot how beautiful music without words could be,” Jason replied. “You can use your imagination and make the music mean whatever you want it to mean.”

“Never mind the fact that the musical pieces typically have a theme to them,” Abigail said and then closed her eyes and moved her head slightly.

“That’s not important,” Jason joked. He then noticed Abigail’s discomfort.

“Are you okay?”

“Just a headache,” Abigail said and smiled at Jason. “I guess all that loud music has started to get to me.” She then closed her eyes again as another wave of pain crashed in her mind. “Maybe I need some aspirin.”

“Why don’t we swing by the student store on our way back to your place,” Jason offered and checked the time. It had only been thirty-four hours since he used the Cupid’s Breath on Abigail. The guy said he had thirty-six hours. Of course with drugs you’re never completely sure about time.

“Yeah, and I can pick up some panties while we’re there,” Abigail joked. “I am freezing my ass off.”

Jason put his hands into his pockets fishing around for the small bottle of Cupid’s Breath he knew he had somewhere. “You know I could always cup your ass and keep it warm that way,” Jason offered.

“That’s sweet but it’s not just my ass that’s freezing,” Abigail said and another visible sign of pain washed over her face.

Jason’s fingers wrapped around the small plastic bottle and pulled it out of his pocket. He quickly unscrewed the cap and positioned the spout above his tongue. Abigail didn’t see him as her eyes were closed against the pain and her fingers pressing against the orbs. Jason felt the drop hit his tongue and he screwed the cap back on as he said, “Are you sure I can’t warm you up some other way?”

Jason put the bottle of Cupid’s Breath back in his pocket as Abigail took her hand away from her eyes and blinked a few time. “What?” She asked a smile spreading across her face. “I’m sorry about that I wasn’t paying attention.”

“Don’t worry about it,” Jason offered knowing what happened, “why don’t we get you that aspirin?”

“Actually,” Abigail said with the smile still in place, “I’m feeling better. There is something else white that I wouldn’t mind swallowing.” Her tone was as suggestive as her body language.

“Well if you’re not tired and you have time,” Jason offered.

“I am exhausted, mostly from last night, and I still have quite a number of homework subjects I have to work on,” Abigail said with a sad tone, “but I’m willing to put those on hold for you.” She leaned in close and whispered to him, “I love you lover boy.”

“Hang on here I believe last night I showed I am not a boy,” Jason said even if he didn’t add that the previous night he lost his virginity. “If you’re going to have a pet name for me, how about you make it something more manly or that fits me better?”

“Okay you’re geeky scientists who’s a great lover and doesn’t get out much,” Abigail said not knowing that Jason could order her to do anything in the world. “I’m thinking of Stick.”

“How about like Phantom or Shadow,” Jason offered.

“Oh, Shadow, I like that one,” Abigail said with an approving nod. “You blend into the background but at night with the lights off you’re everywhere. I like it. In private I’ll call you Shadow.”

“Okay I need a pet name for you,” Jason said thinking that ‘slave’ would be an appropriate name.

“Well I like to swim, play darts, and violin music,” Abigail said thinking.

“Well let’s see,” Jason said thinking seeing Yellow dorm as they rounded the corner. “I’m thinking Fletching like on a dart or Aqua as in water might be good.”

“Fletching, that is a good pet name,” Abigail cooed.

“Okay so you’re Abigail Fletching Jones,” Jason stated.

“And you’re Jason Shadow Simpson,” Abigail tried out the name and smiled.

They were at the door to the dorm, and Jason held open the door for Abigail. “Thank you, Shadow,” she said with a nod.

“My pleasure, Fletching,” Jason replied and they both giggled a little.

Abigail unlocked her door and the inside was dark with just enough light from the hall to see that Karen wasn’t in her bed. Abigail opened the door wide and turned on the overhead light to a nearly mirror image of Jason’s room. Abigail and Karen did personalize the room with their own stuff, like posters of good-looking men without shirts on. There were girl things like a box of tampons sitting in the corner and multiple pairs of shoes all over the floor. Jason saw why Abigail went to the library to study; a computer took up her desk with an enormous monitor.

Abigail turned and locked the door behind Jason. “With Karen not here at the moment I’ve wanted to do something all day,” Abigail said and gave Jason a full and deep kiss. The two were together just like they were after lunch, but closer and with more passion. She got down on her knees and pulled down the zipper of Jason’s pants.

“Abigail are you sure,” Jason asked.

“It’s Fletching, and I didn’t get to do this last night,” Abigail stated pulling out Jason’s stiffening dick. Like a fish going for a worm Abigail sucked in an end of the flesh rod. The warmth and taste fill her mouth and mind. It was better than she remembered from the night before. Abigail was already hot and wet just by slipping Jason’s prick into her gaping mouth. She rocked back and forth drawing Jason’s dick in her mouth, across her teeth and sliding over her tongue. The taste the feeling the warmth and the knowledge that Jason would shoot his load into her mouth as making Abigail build to an orgasm.

Jason wasn’t sure what to do. He’d never had a woman give him a blowjob before, and he wasn’t sure if he liked it. Oh he liked it well enough but compared to sliding his dick between Abigail’s breasts or into her pussy, he would rank a blowjob as third. Jason did remind himself that he hadn’t taken Abigail in the ass yet. Maybe a blowjob would be fourth. Regardless Jason felt his seed flood into the long stem of his dick. The tube under his hot hard shaft was filling up with his impending sperm. “I’m going to cum,” Jason said.

“You’d better,” Abigail said when she pulled off Jason’s dick to take a breath. “I’m already about to cum.”

Jason wasn’t sure of what he just heard, but he was sure of what he felt. “Oh God,” he said feeling his semen flow into his dick. “Oh God!” Jason felt Abigail pull out a little to tightly press her lips against the end of Jason’s stick. “OH GOD!” Jason moaned as he let his cum come. His member jerked and pumped as his white filled Abigail’s accepting mouth.

Abigail’s mind was filled with the fireworks of sexual passion. Her own body convulsed as an orgasm ripped through it leaving wakes of sexual pleasure behind. She couldn’t even kneel any more and she fell down onto the palms of her hands so she was on all fours with her body riding the wave after wave of the orgasm she was having. Jason pinched off his dick so the white wouldn’t go all over the room, or Abigail’s nice dress.

Jason felt his climax fall down and then let go of his member and only a small bubble of white domed on his dick. Abigail picked herself up from the floor, her orgasm slowing down, and then she saw the small drop of seed on Jason’s dick, and grabbed the man’s member to pull him closer. Abigail parted her lips just enough to suck in the last little bit of what she milked from him. Jason looked down at Abigail and Abigail looked up at Jason. She opened her mouth to show his sperm mixed with her saliva, and then she smiled as she swallowed it down.

“Fletching,” Jason said, “you’re amazing.”

“You’re not bad yourself Shadow,” Abigail said guiding the man down to her bed. She started rubbing his dick as she gave him a wide kiss on the lips. Jason’s arms went around Abigail and held her close as they kissed and she rubbed his dick. Not to be out down Jason slipped his hand under Abigail’s dress, and started toying with her butt cheeks. He didn’t get much of a chance the earlier day to play with her ass, and that Saturday wasn’t going to be any different.

A key rattled in the door to Abigail’s room. The two had just enough time to look civilized and zip up before Karen opened the door. A thick and heavy backpack was slung on her shoulders and she looked at the two sitting on Abigail’s bed. Karen snorted and said, “Oh hell, Abbey we need to work out a system so I don’t walk in on the two of you doing something more than sucking face.”

“We’ll talk about that,” Abigail said.

Jason stood up and Abigail stood too. “I guess I’d better be going,” he offered. Jason turned to Karen and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow at six.”

“Doubtful you’d even show, but yeah I’ll be there,” Karen replied.

“Abigail,” Jason said and gave her a quick kiss on the lips, “until next time.”

“I’ll see you,” Abigail replied.

“Oh this is just sad,” Karen commented. “If you two love each other just say so.”

“I love you,” they both said in unison, and had a good laugh about it.

It worried Jason that the Cupid’s Breath only worked for thirty-four hours.

For some reason the fact the drug was two hours less affective than he was told nagged at him. Changing back into his comfortable cloths Jason went back to the lab to work some more. Mixing small quantities of chemicals and testing them seemed like an endless thankless task. He tired and he failed over and over again to duplicate the amazing drug. By the time his eyes stung with tears he knew it was time to get some sleep.

The next morning Jason woke late and still tired. He rolled off his bed and struggled to get up. After a shower and a soda pop later he sat down and stared doing some more homework. About three in the afternoon Jason finished his assignments and went back to the lab to start working on Cupid’s Breath again. Jason felt like an idiot when he realized he could speed up the process by making several different mixtures at the same time. Jason set it up to test five different combinations to be made at one time. They would each have to be tested separately, but as soon as one was finished another would be ready to go.

Jason was just crossing off number eighty-two from his list of possibilities for Cupid’s Breath when there was a knock on the laboratory door. Jason opened the door to Abigail. She had on a long trench coat and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. “Hi there Shadow,” She said in a husky voice.

“Fletch,” Jason said opening the door wider and letting the woman into the lab. “I wasn’t expecting you. Welcome to my home away from home. This is the lab where I do most of my work.”

“Quaint,” Abigail said looking at the black counter tops, the wooden cabinets, and the machines she couldn’t hope to guess what they did. As Abigail walked around Jason noticed that the coat opened to give glimpses of her long perfectly formed legs. It then hit Jason he should be able to see the bottom of her dress, if she was wearing a dress. “There was something I wanted to show you,” Abigail said unbuttoning her coat, but keeping it closed so Jason couldn’t see.

Was she naked? Jason couldn’t be sure if she was or wasn’t. As Abigail grabbed either side of the opening to her trench coat all Jason could say was, “What?”

“This!” Abigail pulled open her coat. The perfect curves of her body, her proportioned breasts, and Abigail’s smooth hips were covered barely by the two pieces of a black thong bikini. Abigail’s smooth snatch was clearly shaved, because there was so much skin being show, it was the only answer. Her breasts were leaving nothing to the imagination, except to the color of her nipples since the black fabric was just large enough to cover her areolas. Abigail smiled and said, “I’m guessing by your loose jaw you like it?”

“I love it, and the bikini too,” Jason recovered. He went up to her and wrapped his arms around her and gave her a powerful hug and a tongue filled kiss. Jason could feel the warmth off her body. Abigail’s smooth legs wrapped around his, and rubbed up and down grinding her pussy against his thigh. Jason broke off and said, “I have work to do.”

“I don’t,” Abigail said with a lust hungry look in her eyes.

“Fletch, I love you,” Jason said looking her in the eyes, “I will always love you. Yet, I’m telling you, right now, I have work to do, please leave me alone. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate with your luscious beautiful perfect body there for me to do anything I want . . .” Jason looked up at Abigail’s eyes and seemed perplexed for a moment. “Why did I want you to leave?”

“You have work to do,” Abigail said buttoning up her coat. “I’ll leave you alone, but I also wanted to tell you Karen is expecting you at six. I told her where to find you if you didn’t show up.”

“Some friend you are,” Jason replied joking. “Say if I don’t see you later on how about breakfast tomorrow?”

“Okay, my first class isn’t until eight,” Abigail nodded in approval.

“Great, I’ll pick you up at seven,” Jason said with a smile.

“I’ll see you then Shadow,” Abigail said turning to the door.

Jason grabbed her arm and swung her around to embrace her one last time. He kissed her full on the lips. Breathing through their noses for almost a minute the two kissed a passionate kiss that only lovers could have. Finally Jason broke off with a dazed happy smile on Abigail’s face. “I love you,” Jason said to her bright eyes.

“I love you too,” Abigail answered and Jason released her waist. “I’ll leave you alone now.” With that Abigail left Jason alone in the lab.

As soon as Jason got his breath back he too left the lab. He needed to splash some cool water on his face. The hallways of Hancock Hall were always bare and lifeless, especially in the basement. One sound at the end of the hundred-yard hallway could be easily heard at the other. A person could be seen walking the halls at one end, and take five minutes to reach the other. Jason noticed this when he went into the restroom, there was someone walking his direction from the other end. When Jason got out of the restroom, feeling a little refreshed, the person was still walking in his direction, but now he could recognize her.

“Sue, what’s going on?” Jason asked the woman.

“Jason, I didn’t think anyone else would be down here on a Sunday afternoon,” Susan Roofer replied. Sue was a scientist, which was good since she wasn’t a beauty. Her face was squat and fat, and so was her body. She did have natural blond hair, but didn’t do anything with it, and kept it cut short. She wore thick glasses that magnified her pudgy blue eyes and made them seem disproportional with the rest of her face. Sue didn’t waddle when she walked, but came very close.

“I like it here, it’s quiet,” Jason replied.

“Yeah well you can keep your quiet, I’m working with a bomb,” Sue said with a joking smile, “a Mory Bomb.” Jason politely smiled since it wasn’t a good joke. A Mory Bomb is nothing more than a solid metal canister that could withstand extreme internal pressures. Usually by putting dry ice in with whatever is needs to be forced together, screwing the bomb tightly closed, and then cooking it in the oven. Jason had used a Mory Bomb hundreds of times before, and the only sound they made was a hissing when the top was unscrewed. “Was that brunette that I saw down here to see you?”

“Yeah, Abigail Jones,” Jason replied. “For some reason she seems to be attracted to me.”

Sue shook her head and said, “More likely you’ve made some kind of love potion in the lab. If a strapping good looking hunk ever came up to me and said he wanted to father my children I’d wonder what alternate dimension I was in.”

“You never know, it might happen,” Jason said thinking how unlikely it would be.

Sue looked at him and shook her head, and then grabbed her belly with a hand and gave it a shake, which rippled all over her body. “It might happen if I ever lost fifty pounds, and then only if he was very drunk,” Sue said and then shrugged her backpack higher on her shoulder and said, “I’ve got work to do. See you later.”

“Enjoy playing with your bomb,” Jason replied going into his own lab. After crossing off number eighty-eight from his list of possible Cupid’s Breath combinations Jason packed it in and headed for the PAC.

The physical activity center was as foreign to Jason as salt water was to Ohio. Jason had been in the building before, when he took a tour of the university, but that was the last time. It was still the same. A red brick building with no thrills and a number of air-conditioners on the roof and sides of the building was the second home to most athletes on scholarships. The PAC had more rooms, larger ones too, and much better environmental controls than the science buildings. Jason knew that most alumni gave money to the sports side of the school. No one cared about the sciences.

Thankful someone had the foresight to put small signs up Jason easily found the locker room, and there was Karen waiting outside, leaning against the wall. “It’s about time you showed up,” She said. Her hair was back in a pony tail, and she was wearing tight yellow shorts and a tighter blue T-shirt.

“I’m only here because Abigail told me that you knew where to find me,” Jason said slipping his backpack off his shoulder.

Karen laughed a deep chuckle. “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Karen said with a grin. “Abbey never told me where you were. I think she just wanted you to show up.”

Jason didn’t smile. All the evil things that he had been suppressing crept up in his mind. Jason was so going to make Abigail climax until it hurt. “Well let’s get this torture done with,” Jason said.

“You had better have some extra cloths in that bag,” Karen said nodding to Jason’s backpack, “because I’m going to make you sweat.”

Ten minutes later Jason was already sweating. “You’re enjoying this,” Jason gasped out.

Karen hadn’t even started breathing hard as she easily jogged next to Jason on the raised track above the basketball courts. “Yeah I’m having fun,” Karen replied with her pony tail bobbing up and down behind her. “I do about six miles a day, but you should be thankful I’m only making you run two.”

“Why?” Jason tried to talk and breathe at the same time. He hadn’t done any physical activity since high school, and he’d even graduated early. Now he was in black shorts and a black shirt sweating like he was in the rain and not enjoying any of it.

“You need to build up your muscles,” Karen replied easily keeping pace. “Oh you mean why am I making you exercise? That’s easy, I like Abbey. She’s like a sister to me, and I would do anything for her. She may love you, but I know her type, she’d love you a hell of a lot more if you had some muscle tone.”

They had passed the door to the raised track and Jason gasped, “How many?”

Karen smiled, “Well I could lie to you and say three more laps, but you only have two.” This answered Jason’s vague question, but Karen went on, “Oh you mean how many men has Abbey had? Let me think, since college I think she’s had four, or has it been five? They’re all pretty much the same guy, but with different hair. Muscles on their arms that bulge even when they’re not flexing, and the guys all seem to be self centered. Don’t get me wrong about you, I’m glad Abbey is going for something better, but you are so vastly different I’m amazed. How ever did you get her to go out with you?”

Jason didn’t answer. Part of the fact was he couldn’t breath enough to get the words out, and another was he wasn’t sure they would be correct. To tell the room mate of the woman of his dreams that he was using a mind controlling drug that didn’t do anything to him but could control those around him was a bit much. There was also the fact that Karen was bigger and stronger than him.

“Well?” Karen asked waiting for an answer.

“Well,” Jason choked out, “what?”

“Well one more lap,” Karen said and then started jogging backwards to look at Jason. “How did you get Abbey to agree to go out with you?”

Jason glanced over and Karen was staring at him intently. It was only a flicker of a look, but Jason knew he gave away the game. Karen’s face became wrinkled with worry. “What did you do?” Karen asked turning around and running forward again. “You’d better have not hurt Abbey or I swear I’ll throw you off this track!”

“I didn’t hurt her,” Jason was able to say with gasps in between word.

“I want to know exactly what you did to her,” Karen replied and the door to the track was half the lap around.

Jason started thinking about possibilities. The bottle of Cupid’s Breath was in his coat pocket, which was in the locker, which was on the other side of the PAC. He couldn’t over power Karen, and really didn’t want to. He didn’t think that he could run for the Cupid’s Breath, not the way his legs were feeling. As the pair jogged closer to the door Jason figured the only way to get out of the situation was to tell the truth, even if he didn’t want to.

As they came to the door and the pair slowed down Jason felt a large hand grab the back of his neck. He was dragged to the white painted railing around the raised track and leaned over it to see the basketball court forty feet below. “Tell me what you did to Abbey!” Karen snarled. Jason’s feeling of fatigue was gone, the thoughts of how sore his legs were vanished. For one of the first times in his life Jason felt the fear of death.

“Okay, let go, let go!” Jason screamed.

Karen, with her hand still on the back of Jason’s neck hulled him back and held him to look into Karen’s brown eyes that held nothing but anger. “Let go, I’ll talk,” Jason said.

“Now!” Karen growled.

“Okay I used something called Cupid’s Breath,” Jason said and felt Karen’s fingers relax but not let go. “It let me control Abigail’s mind.”

“Good God,” Karen said and dropped Jason to the floor of the track. “You’d better explain yourself.”

Jason was pulling down on a metal bar that was so high above his head he had to stand up just to grab it. There wasn’t much weight attached to the metal cable connected to the metal bar, but at the moment Jason couldn’t handle much weight. He talked while he pulled down. “Abigail’s been the only person I’ve used Cupid’s Breath on,” Jason confessed.

“Why?” Karen asked lifting a ten pound hexagon barbell directly in front of her.

Jason looked up as he pulled down and said with a little surprise, “I don’t want or need to control anyone else.”

“No why do you even need to control Abbey?” Karen asked lifting the barbell again.

“You can look at me and ask that question?” Jason replied.

Karen looked over at Jason and scanned him up and down. “You’re not ugly,” Karen said.

Jason harrumphed that, and let go of the bar above his head when he had reached twenty-five pulls. “Women only say that I’m not ugly when the subject of appearance comes up,” Jason said leaning back on the black plastic bench exhausted. “No woman would see me walk by and say on the spur of the moment, ‘he’s not ugly.’ They only make vague references to the fact that I could never get a date.”

Karen laughed at that and Jason gave her an evil look. “Sorry,” Karen said putting down the weights. “So you can control people’s minds,” Karen changed the subject. “Why go after Abbey at all?”

Jason tried to figure out what the question was asking, and couldn’t put it into context. He figured it was his exhausted body affecting his mind. “What?” Jason asked.

Karen snorted and grabbed Jason by the arm to drag him over to the leg press machine. It was basically a large swing with weights at the bottom and a flat carpeted spot for people to plant their feet. Karen dropped Jason on the seat and proceeded to put one hundred pounds on either side of the machine. “Do twenty of these,” Karen ordered and Jason groaned. “I wanted to know if you could have any woman there was, why go after Abbey. I thought it was every man’s fantasy to have a Barbie doll with a heartbeat?”

Jason grunted pushing out on the weight, it was too much. “You may not believe this but I don’t want just some woman. I wanted Abigail. I’ve been attracted to her since I first started school. I think she’s beautiful,” Jason grunted again.

“Don’t lock your knees or they’ll bend backwards,” Karen warned. “But here’s another dumb question,” Karen asked, “why aren’t you two screwing right now?”

Jason blushed and Karen enjoyed seeing the flush rise in his cheeks. “Two reasons,” Jason gasped. “I don’t have an endless supply of Cupid’s Breath, and need to figure out how to make more.”

“How much do you have?” Karen asked.

“About another week’s worth,” Jason answered truthfully.

“I can’t say I’m happy to hear that you’re trying to make more of the stuff that keeps my best friend under your control, but what’s the other reason?” Karen asked.

“I want her to stay in school,” Jason replied. “I want to stay in school, to do that we both need to do our homework and study. Besides I don’t care what women think, men are not an endless semen supply. We tire too. At this rate I don’t think I’ll be able to lift anything up any time soon.”

Karen grinned. “You respect her,” Karen stated.

Jason looked up as he extended his legs again and saw Karen smiling. She couldn’t believe it, he was blushing even more. “How many was that?” He asked.

“Eighteen, seven to go, you respect Abbey,” Karen stated again with a touch of humor in her voice. “You just don’t know her schedule or her classes. She finished her homework for the weekend last night in three hours. She’s already started on stuff not due until Friday. That’s more studying I’ve seen her do since finals.”

Jason extended his legs again and let them come back. “There that’s twenty,” Jason said breathing hard and sweating.

“Oh come on do five more,” Karen said with a smile on her face that she did thirty lifts with three times the weight.

“Not going to happen,” Jason stated rolling off.

“Or what, you’ll use this Cupid’s Breath on me?” Karen asked.

“I don’t have it with me,” Jason replied.

Karen snorted. “So how long is Abbey under your control?” Karen asked standing in front of Jason tapping her foot waiting for him to get his breathing under control.

“About thirty-four hours,” Jason said. “Then I have to give her another dose of the stuff.”

“How?” Karen asked.

Jason gave up. If Karen knew this much a little more couldn’t matter. “I put a drop on my tongue,” Jason said making the motions like he was putting a drop on his tongue. “Then I talk to a person. The smell enters the person’s nose and makes their mind receptive to my voice. It only lasts for thirty seconds but then whoever was close enough to smell and hear me becomes obedient to what I tell them.”

“How obedient are they?” Karen asked a look of contempt on her face.

“I’m not completely sure,” Jason admitted. “They do whatever I say, even if it seems they’re in complete control of their own mind. I know I can make them sleep whenever I want them to. I am pretty sure that Cupid’s Breath can control a person’s emotions too.”

There was a long pause and then Karen asked the question Jason knew that she would ask, “Are you going to free Abbey?”

Jason looked up after a moment. Karen was looking down at him with hard eyes. She wasn’t going anywhere without an answer. Deep down Jason already knew the answer. “Eventually,” Jason said with a smile.

Karen wasn’t smiling. “Men, you’re all the same,” Karen said and got real close to Jason’s face. “Abbey is not yours to do with as you please. You’d better release control over her at the end of the school year.” The threat didn’t have to be followed with anything else.

Jason swallowed his dry throat and blinked. “Why, at the end of the school year?” He asked confused.

Karen made a face of unhappy acceptance. “When I told you that Abbey was studying more now than when last finals time, I wasn’t exaggerating,” Karen said and sat down on a bench. “Abbey has a bad tendency to not do her homework, or study for tests. If you can make her do her homework and stay in school with a better GPA, I’m willing to look the other way.” Then Karen gave Jason another hard look, “But you’d better be treating her the exact same way you are now, or better.”

“I love her,” Jason replied.

“Are you sure?” Karen asked and then got to her feet. “Come on let’s work off some of this aggression.”

“What aggression? I don’t have any aggression,” Jason said following Karen to the next room where there were different boxing gloves lined up on the wall and half a dozen red punching bags hanging from the ceiling. The red logs looked like they had been through a great deal with thick bands of duct tape around the section where people hit. Jason picked up the red leather boxing gloves and looked at Karen. “Oh no, I could never punch you,” Jason said.

Karen smiled, “I would like to see you try. No, I want to see how much swing you’ve got. Find a pair that fist and we’ll tie them up tight.”

Jason tried on one glove and went for something smaller. “I never asked what your major is,” Jason inquired.

“Accounting with a minor in math,” Karen said and Jason looked up in surprise. “Don’t give me that, I like doing math and working with money. There’s something elegant in knowing that if you did it exactly other people could follow what you did and come to the same conclusions. I could ask you, why do you want to become a chemist?”

Jason figured it was fair enough as he found a pair of gloves that seemed to fit him. “I like working with chemicals,” Jason said as Karen came over and helped him tie on the gloves. “I find the idea that the electron clouds are what gives different elements different properties but it is the protons on the inside of the atoms that identify the chemicals.”

“I never got chemistry,” Karen said making sure the gloves were on tight. She stood behind one of the large red bags and said, “Now give the bag a good straight punch. I was always afraid that if I mixed the wrong stuff together I’d make a gas that would kill me.”

Jason shoved his arm out and felt the glove make contact with the bag all the way up his shoulder. For some reason it felt good. The motion of the red bag caught Karen a little off guard and had to grab it to keep it from swinging. “With chemistry you have a general idea of what you’re doing,” Jason said punching out his other arm and enjoying the smack I made with the bag. “In chemistry we work on the probability that certain electron clouds will bond before others. If two chemicals bond one way then it leaves open a limited number of places for another chemical to bond.”

“Well it goes over my head,” Karen said watching Jason punch and connect with the bag. “Try using your whole shoulder in the punch, take a half step back. So you’re using these electron clouds to figure out how to make this Cupid’s Breath?”

“I think I have the basic chemicals needed,” Jason said feeling the contact with the bag feel better in his arm. “What I’m working on is how to put them together in a chain. The thing you have to keep in mind is that electrons have a negative charge, and since like charges repel usually you can figure out what the molecule is you’re looking at.”

Karen was silent paying attention to Jason’s punches more than what he was saying. “Okay focus now, I want you to give this bag your all, come on hit it for all you’re worth,” Karen said.

Jason shook his head as sweat dripped off his chin. He shot his arm out and made contact with the bag, and immediately did the same with his other arm. He remembered the shoulder aspect and tried putting that into the punch. For some reason Jason felt an odd satisfaction in punching the bag.

“Okay give it a rest,” Karen said and Jason put one more shot into the bag.

“Well what do you think?”

Jason was breathing hard but said, “I think you’re sadistic, I’m masochist, or we’re a little bit of both.” Jason looked at Karen and his eyes were serious. “Karen, you’re not going to tell Abigail about Cupid’s Breath, are you?”

Karen pondered that for a moment. “I won’t,” she said and then added, “if you do something I want.”

“What?” Jason asked quickly.

Karen smiled, it was too easy. “Join the boxing club,” She said and watched Jason’s face fall.

“I don’t know,” Jason said hesitating. “I’ve heard about boxers who’ve had serious brain damage. I need my brain. It’s all I’ve got.”

“Relax half a feather weight,” Karen said joking, “the boxing club doesn’t do the knock unconscious stuff. Besides just because you join doesn’t mean you’re actually going to get hit, or hit someone yourself. It only means you’ll be exercising, and you’ll finally be around people.”

Jason didn’t like the idea but he didn’t really have a choice. “If I join, you’ll keep quiet about Cupid’s Breath?” Jason asked to be sure.

“Not a word,” Karen said putting her hand over her heart and raising her other hand. “However when you make more I might ask for some on this cute guy in the club.”

Jason put it together, “You’re in the boxing club?”

Karen smiled. “I’m one of three women in the club. Well let’s get those gloves off you. I need to get ready for the concert tonight. Abbey gave me her ticket since you were nice enough to buy two. She really did appreciate that. Now that I find out you didn’t have to, I think she’d appreciate it even more.”

The two started for the locker rooms and as they rounded the corner there was Abigail standing there, waiting for them. Her hair was still damp, and she was grinning from ear to ear. She had on her trench coat, but Jason knew she had on her black thong bikini underneath. “Well how was he?” Abigail asked.

Karen was the first to speak. “I sure hope you enjoy having sex with him, because I didn’t,” Karen stated evenly. “Have sex with him that is.”

Jason came up to Abigail and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “You’re roommate is sadistic,” Jason said.

“Your boyfriend is masochistic,” Karen said. “He’s a halfway decent boxer, and has agreed to join the boxing club. We meet on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at seven here at the PAC. If you two love birds will excuse me I have to get dressed for a concert.” Karen went into the locker room leaving the two in the hall.

“How long have you been here?” Jason asked.

“About half an hour before you showed up,” Abigail said with a grin. “I wondered if you would show. I bet that you would and Karen bet that you wouldn’t.”

Jason smiled and took the woman in his arms. “What was the bet for?” He asked.

“Who buys the pizza tonight,” Abigail said with a smile. “If you want to come over to our room tonight after Karen comes back from the concert I’m sure we could share.” Abigail pressed her body tightly against Jason’s and whispered, “If you want to come over while Karen is at the concert I think we could find something to do.” The sexual innuendo was as thick as a brick wall.

“I was told you have homework to do,” Jason said.

“Nothing that isn’t due until Friday,” Abigail said licking her lips.

“Tell me, do you have any tests you need to study for?” Jason asked and saw the seductive smile slip from Abigail’s face.

“Yes, I have two this week,” She said knowing what was coming.

“Well you need to study for those tests,” Jason said and realized it was a command.

“Okay,” Abigail replied feeling slightly rejected.

Jason held her tight and said, “I want you to stay in school. You should want to stay in school too. I love you, and I’m really enjoying the attention you’re giving me, but there are some things that have to be done. Now, I need a shower, how about you?” Jason said releasing her.

“Yeah, I was going to take one back at the dorm,” Abigail said and then tried one more time, “would you care to join me.”

Jason gave her rump a little smack. “You wonderful woman, get going,” he said and Abigail walked off, swinging her hips so her rear wagged behind her. Jason took a shower, changed back into his old cloth, and went straight back to the lab. He was tired and worn out, but for some reason he found the lab relaxing, and he had a renewed energy to find Cupid’s Breath.

9

It was nearly ten o’clock when Jason tried to read the print out in his hand. His eyes stung and the energy he had two hours before was gone. The printout had the exact same peeks and dips that the reading off of his original sample of Cupid’s Breath had. Jason’s exhausted brain couldn’t process the information he was reading. Was compound one hundred four really Cupid’s Breath? Jason couldn’t believe it, didn’t want to believe it. If he really did recreate Cupid’s Breath, then he knew how to make it, and thus could have a nearly endless supply of the drug.

To be a true scientist Jason had to finish off his possible combinations for Cupid’s Breath. If one of those looked the same as sample one hundred four then it would be a gamble. With a groan he decided to give Abigail a call.

“Hey Fletch,” Jason said over the phone.

“Shadow, are you coming over?” Abigail asked.

“Sorry, I have work left to do, and I want to do it before the exercising Karen gave me makes my muscles cramp up,” Jason said already feeling the stiffening start.

“Oh, but I want you here,” Abigail replied, “I love you.”

“I love you too, but there are some things that come first,” Jason said feeling sorry. “How’s the studying coming?”

“Boring as hell,” Abigail replied. “I’ve had better times at the dentist.”

Jason gave a slight laugh. “Well when I’m working on a very boring material I always envision it as a soap opera, complete with the bad acting,” Jason said thinking back. “It works for me.”

“I could give it a try,” Abigail said in a sad voice. “Shadow, I miss you.”

“I want to be with you too,” Jason replied instead of pointing out they had just seen each other two hours before. “I tell you what,” Jason offered, “sometime this week why don’t we try sleeping together. Not necessarily sex, but we could just sleep together in your bed or mine. How does that sound?”

“It sounds like I’ll find out if you snore,” Abigail teased.

“That too,” Jason smiled when he said it. The timer went off and Jason said, “I have to go. I’ll see you for breakfast tomorrow morning, enjoy our pizza. I love you.”

“I love you too, Shadow, by,” Abigail hung up and Jason felt a twinge of regret in his heart.

Did he really recreate Cupid’s Breath? Jason wanted to be sure. The chemicals could do horrible things to a person if he got it wrong. If Jason tried his mixture on Abigail and it turned out to be wrong, and did something horrible to her, he would never forgive himself. Jason had to be sure. That’s why he didn’t have any regret as he crossed off compound number one hundred nine from the list of possibilities. Fatigue had Jason in its grip and wouldn’t let go. Jason took to setting the timer for his experiments and then resting his head next to it. In seconds he was asleep, for a few minutes at least. He’d wake up to the annoying sound of the alarm going off and every time he woke up the headache he was developing would be worst.

At two o’clock in the morning Jason smiled, even if he could barely keep his eyes open. The last compound had been tested, and failed. That meant that his experiment one hundred four was indeed Cupid’s Breath, or at least should be. Jason picked up the glass beaker that held the mixture and swirled it. There was no color to the liquid, and it had a reasonably low density to it. There was very little cohesion so it ran off the sides of the beaker quickly. He set down the beaker. Jason was exhausted and his head hurt, but he was finished. There was a brown piece of paper, once a paper bag from the food court, that Jason wrote out the chemicals, the procedure, and how to use Cupid’s Breath. With a smile Jason stuffed the paper into his back pack. In one of the wooden drawers in the lab Jason pulled out a bottle that had an eyedropper as a lid. Jason unscrewed the top, and pulled out the glass tube that had a rubber bulb on the end. Carefully Jason poured the Cupid’s Breath he made into the eyedropper bottle. With a smile Jason put the glass beaker into the sonic cleaner bath and turned the machine on, while he screwed the eyedropper onto the top of the bottle. He carefully put the bottle into his coat pocket, like it was a live bomb. Jason turned off the sonic cleaner, pulled the glassware out of the bath, rinsed it off under deionized water, hung it up to dry, and was done. Jason Simpson had just recreated one of the most dangerous drugs known.

10

Randell Dahl stood in the forensic laboratory, looking at the paper in his hands, at arm length, and scrutinized it. The paper was blue, the printing was black and it said, ‘I’m looking for CUPID’S BREATH please call.’ The words ‘Cupid’s Breath’ were in large capital letters stretching across the entire page, one word above the other. Ran’s cell phone number was printed vertically numerous times, at the bottom, so he could cut in between the numbers and students could rip off the phone number and call when they had a chance. George Minor came up next to the young man and Ran asked, “Too subtle?”

“As long as whoever has the Cupid’s Breath is really going to call you, no,” George said.

“I’m going to swing by UH and post these around,” Ran stated.

“Try posting them around the science buildings,” George offered. “According to the DEA no one has been able to duplicate Cupid’s Breath, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t tried.”

“Cool I’ll head on over there, and check out some of the college babes while I’m at it,” Ran said with a smile.

“I’ll let Betty know you’re doing that,” George offered and Ran shot him a scared child look. “When you’re done with that there was a car fire last night over on thirty-second street. Look into it.” George handed Ran the case slip.

“I thought that the Cupid’s Breath case was the only one I was working on?” Ran asked reading the information so far on the car fire. “Or have I slipped into another alternate dimension?”

“The DEA agent won’t be here until this afternoon,” George said, “you have enough time to look into a car fire.”

“Sounds like as much fun as having my foot run over by a tractor,” Ran said, “twice.”

11

Jason struggled to wake up. The ice cold shower helped, but he was still tired, and sore. Every movement made that area of his body throb with pain.

Jason couldn’t remember why he even went exercising. Jason also couldn’t remember why he was getting up after only four hours of sleep, and then he recalled Abigail. Fighting through the pain Jason hurried up and got dressed. Jason made sure that he had the bottle of Cupid’s Breath he bought as well as the stuff he made with him. He still wasn’t sure which he would use on Abigail, but he was sure he would use one of them on her.

“I’m running out of black cloths,” Abigail said as they walked to the food court. She had on a black jacket over a black blouse and billowy black pants.

“You don’t have to wear black,” Jason said looking her up and down. “I just said I like the color black. I didn’t say you should only wear black.”

Abigail smiled. “I know you like me wearing black, that’s why I wear it,” she said. “I just wanted to tell you that if you see me wearing something other than black, it isn’t because I don’t love you. Do you think that I should dye my hair black?”

“No,” Jason said holding open the door for Abigail. “I like you hair just the way it is. Besides women who dye their hair black it always looks faked to me.”

“It is faked,” Abigail stated. “That’s the whole point of dying your hair.

It’s like someone getting a tattoo or a body piercing, it’s not natural.”

“I hate tattoos and body piercing,” Jason replied sticking his tongue out. “If I want to look at some art I’ll go to a museum, and anyone who wants a piece of metal sticking through their body is insane to me.”

The conversation went on through breakfast and when they were about to leave Abigail pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes tight. “This dumb headache is so annoying,” Abigail said.

Jason recognized the sign. The Cupid’s Breath was wearing off. “Maybe you need to go to the clinic and get checked out,” Jason offered.

“That might not be a bad idea,” Abigail said closing her eyes even tighter.

“I hate feeling bad like this. I know something’s wrong, but I don’t know what.”

Jason had slipped his hand into his coat pocket. There he felt them, both bottles of Cupid’s Breath. One was for sure, and the other untested. He refused to test something like Cupid’s Breath on Abigail, so he snatched the small bottle and brought it out. He tried to act as sly as possible, even with Abigail squinting her eyes shut against the pain, he put one drop of the solution on his tongue. “It could be from over sexual stimulation,” Jason offered.

Abigail blinked and looked up. A smile crossed her face, “What was that about sexual stimulation?”

“Never mind,” Jason said with a slight shake of his head. He glanced over at the clock on the wall and said, “We’ve got to get going. Class starts in five minutes.”

“Darn,” Abigail said with a seduction smile, “a little extra time and I think I could give you some serious sexual stimulation.”

Jason went to his eight o’clock class, and then on to his nine o’clock class, and around ten he had an hour break to test out his Cupid’s Breath. He was walking by the humanities building when he remembered that they had a coffee shop in the basement. Where there’s coffee on campus there are also students. With his own homemade Cupid’s Breath in hand he went down to the basement and looked around.

Classes were in session so the place was pretty much dead. The coffee shop was just a hole in the wall in the middle of the large cross from the east west and north south exits. Professors had their offices in the basement, and not much else except for the coffee shop that had outdoor metal mesh lawn furniture set up in the middle of the crosswalk in the basement. When Jason walked in, no one was at the counter of the coffee shop, and two women sat at one of the metal tables sipping coffee and reading thick paperback books.

Jason eyed them over. One woman was a blond, and looked to be natural too.

She was short with a nearly flat chest and huge ears. Her chin was amazingly pointed and Jason saw as she turned a page her fingers were long and thin. She had the thin body someone anorexic or a super model would have. The other woman was taller with brown hair that seemed dull. The brunette had a broad face with a large nose and narrow eyes that might have been Asian a few generations back. Her body was a little thicker than her friend’s but she still had the ‘too busy to eat’ college figure. The two ladies would be perfect test subjects.

Jason pulled the eyedropper bottle from his pocket, and drew some of the fluid up into the glass dropper. He unscrewed the cap, noticing that the woman still hadn’t noticed him. Jason carefully positioned the dropper tip above his tongue. This was the moment of truth. He was either going to poison himself and bad things would happen, or he would be able to control those two women for the next thirty-four hours. He gently squeezed the rubber bulb on the end of the dropper, and he felt the liquid fall upon his tongue. He seemed to be okay.

Jason walked over to the two women, with the bottle of his home brew in his hand. He leaned over to the women and said quietly, “Excuse me ladies, but I was wondering if I could have your attention.” Jason sat down and enjoyed watching the women. It worked! They both snapped their heads up to look at Jason, their eyes wide and their faces full of shocked pleasure.

“Of course,” the brunette said, “anything.”

“Okay,” Jason said thinking up some quick tests. “Both of you touch your respective nose.” The women’s hands shot up and they both had their index fingers resting on the tips of their noses. “Okay, now touch your tongue,” Jason commanded. The blond stuck her tongue out and touched it, while the brunette put her finger in her mouth to touch her tongue. “Okay stop touching your tongues.”

Jason looked over at the coffee shop bar. There still wasn’t anyone there.

Jason turned his attention back to the women and said, “Touch your nipples.” Both women set their books down, up side down to save their places in the books, and their hands were touching their nipples through their shirts. “Okay, stop touching your nipples and touch each other’s nipples.” The two women turned their bodies to face each other, but their heads were still looking at Jason. They touched each other’s nipples through the other’s shirt. “Okay stop touching the other person’s nipples.”

Jason figured on another quick test. “It’s getting hot in here, very hot,” Jason said and smiled when a look of discomfort came across the women’s faces. “It must be one hundred ten degrees. The humidity is near ninety percent. The air is dead still.” Jason smiled as sweat popped out on the women’s faces. The brunette wiped her forehead and the blond wiped her pointed chin. They were both breathing hard as Jason started to smell their body odder. The brunette pulled her shirt out and pushed it back in to get some airflow across her chest. “Okay it’s not hot or humid anymore. You feel the environment the way it really is,” Jason said and the women as they seemed to become more comfortable.

Jason tapped the bottle of Cupid’s Breath on the metal table and thought of what to do with the women next. He had nearly thirty-four hours to use them however he wanted. He didn’t want to have sex with them, but that didn’t mean they didn’t want to have sex. “Ladies, you are now lesbian lovers,” Jason said on the spur of the moment. “You love each other very much. You’re sexually attracted to each other, and no one else. You want to have sex with each other. You want wild passionate sex.” The women looked at each other with a hungry animal look in their eyes. “You want to lick, suck, and fuck until you come to your senses. You’ll enjoy ever moment of it with no regrets.” With that Jason left the two women kissing passionately on the metal chairs. Jason looked back before he left the basement and saw the brunette cup the blond by the back of the head and hold her head while they kissed. All the while the brunette’s other hand was feeling the blond woman’s chest. The blond had her hands active cupping the brunette’s breasts, and her other hand in between the other woman’s legs.

Jason couldn’t stop smiling. He looked down at the bottle of Cupid’s Breath in his hand. He made the drug, now he would never have to wonder if Abigail would ever reject him. Jason could make Abigail accept anything he said. He was her master, but all he wanted to be was her lover.

12

That afternoon Randell Dahl was looking through the microscope in the lab while his feet danced to a beat that only he could hear. His upper body was calm and professional while his feet moved about and his legs kicked high in the air. Cloyd Noah, seated at the photography stand paid no attention to the wild young man, it was normal.

George Minor came out of his office, not to chastise Ran. “Is that the car fire case?” George asked.

“This would be the arson case slash insurance fraud case slash weenie roast that involved a car being set on fire, yes,” Ran replied, his legs still dancing.

“Do you have anything pertaining to the case?” George asked, learning his lesion to specify his questions long ago.

“I do believe the man who set the car on fire and the man who said, ‘yes that’s my car’ are the same person, or at least they share the same body,” Ran replied. He stood up, and his legs stopped moving, but his eyes started moving around wildly. “Down in the microscope is a very large looking end of a paper match I found in the burned out car. The firefighters decided that they would just let the car burn itself out and just contain the fire. This left that charred paper match on the seat, as well as residual hydrocarbons called gasoline. When the poor sap who claimed ownership of the car said, ‘sure you can take a look in my trailer,’ I found the matchbook which is also enlarged under the microscope. The burned out paper match and the matchbook can be visually compared as a match, pun intended. It helps that the book only has one match taken out.”

George did a quick look down the microscope and then looped up at Ran, whose eyes were still moving around wildly. George asked, “What were the signs of insurance fraud?”

“I noticed a few things,” Ran said nodding his head and giving George a knowing wink. “The CD radio was missing from the car and found in the guy’s trailer. The owner claimed that it wasn’t working so he took it out. There weren’t any CDs in the car, and again the owner said they were in the trailer. Rearview fuzzy dice and the floor mats were found in the trailer too. To top it all off the spare tire was taken out of the trunk and set next to the trailer, as well as the jack, and you’ll love this, the guy said he needed the extra room for stuff. He did not specify what stuff was, but he did say that it wasn’t the entrails of an elephant.”

George nodded his head. “Were there any obvious signs of gasoline?” George asked.

“A big red plastic gas can sitting right next to the spare tire,” Ran said with his finger moving but his eyes still. “I got pictures. The owner said that the gas was for his lawnmower. I didn’t see a lawnmower. When I asked about the lawnmower I was told that it was stolen and the owner never reported it. The detective then asked what kind of lawnmower it was, the guy claimed he didn’t remember but it was green.”

“Be sure to send all of this to the DA,” George said and Ran gave a salute.

“Ran,” Drew called out coming into the lab. “I’m giving you an official message that a Robert Rawlings will be charged with torching his own car as soon as the DA gets your evidence.”

“Okay,” Ran said moving his finger in a circle in the general direction of Drew. “Why are you telling me this, it’s not your case.”

“No, but I wanted to come over and ask Donna if she wanted to grab a late lunch,” Drew said with a hopeful smile looking back and forth between Ran and George.

“That’s sweet!” Donna’s voice called out down the hall, “But I already ate!

FIRING FIVE!” The air of the lab was rocked but the sound of five gun shots in secession being fired. For a moment the atmosphere was still with nothing making a sound and the air was frozen.

“God damn it Donna, close the door!” George yelled. “It’s no wonder Ashley hates working here.”

Drew looked at Ran and asked, “Who is Ashley?”

“The blond secretary at the front desk,” Ran replied. “The babe, who looks like she’s still a teenager, swore she’d never date a cop or scientist, and we all bribed to stay here with that nice leather chair.”

“Ah,” Drew said looking at the door to the front desk and seeing it open. “Who is that then?”

The woman’s face was oval with sharp eyes speaking she had experienced more than her share of rough times in the thirty years of her life. She stood well over six feet four inches tall, and she wasn’t wearing high heels. Her skin was a dark brown like that of a coffee bean. Her black hair was pulled back with a white band and her white outfit hugged her body like a glove. She strode into the lab with a briefcase in her hand and a jacket too thin for Ohio in winter on her arm. She gazed around the room with her questioning dark eyes and spied the men in the room.

Making her choice she looked at George Minor and asked, “Are you Andrew Jefferson?”

“I’m terribly sorry, no,” George replied. “I’m George Minor, the supervisor for the forensic lab.”

The woman nodded and looked at Drew and Ran, and then she looked over at Cloyd Noah, who was smiling. She asked, “I don’t suppose you’re Randell Dahl?”

“Ma’am,” Noah said with good humor, “I’ve never been so insulted in all my life, and I’m old. My name’s Cloyd Noah.”

She looked past Ran and Drew and then turned to George and asked him, “I don’t suppose Detective Jefferson or Mister Dahl are in back?”

Drew had enough. “Okay now she’s just being insulting,” Drew said putting his hands on his hips. “I’m Andrew Jefferson, call me Drew. This is Randell Dahl, we call him Ran. You’ll figure out why soon enough.”

The woman just looked at the two young men and seemed to pause for a moment. “I’m Alice Cooker with the DEA,” She said and shook her head. “Sorry I was hoping that the Cupid’s Breath case would be handled by older people.”

“So were we,” Ran replied, “we want gray hair damn it!”

“You’ll have to forgive him,” Drew said holding out his hand, “or you could shoot him, either way life has to go on.”

Alice shook Drew’s hand while she said, “Sorry about that this is the last case for Cupid’s Breath, we hope.”

Drew took back his hand and asked, “How so?”

“Excuse me,” Noah said going around Alice, who was in the middle of the lab’s main walkway.

Alice moved out of Noah’s way and said, “Peter Long, the guy who developed Cupid’s Breath just had his last appeal shot down the other day. He’s not even going to get the chance of parole for the next eighty years. With no more Cupid’s Breath being made, and the rest of the drug confiscated, once I secure this batch of Cupid’s Breath, there won’t be any more.” Alice was smiling when she finished her little speech.

“Ah yes, well then you might be in Ohio a little longer then,” Ran said with a grin that spoke of he was about to tell bad news.

Alice looked over at Drew and asked, “Is he joking?”

“Give him a moment and he will,” Drew said scratching his eyebrow. “Unfortunately unaccounted for currently are two bottles of Cupid’s Breath. Each bottle has anywhere between five and six drops of Cupid’s Breath. They were bought by some guy on Thursday night, and so far we haven’t been able to track this guy down.”

“Damn,” Alice said to herself. “How many people have been admitted to the hospitals with Cupid’s Breath withdraw?”

Drew and Ran looked at each other. Drew shrugged his shoulders and Ran pulled on his nose. “Not that I’m aware of,” Drew told Alice.

“Good,” Alice said a little relieved. “If this guy is limiting his use of Cupid’s Breath to only one victim, then there will be fewer casualties.”

“We were hoping for no casualties,” George added.

Alice looked at him, for some reason their mutual skin color seemed to make them a part of the club. That’s why Alice said, “I agree with you there, but the DEA doesn’t have even something to sooth a person going through Cupid’s Breath withdraw.”

“So what’s the test for someone who’s been exposed to Cupid’s Breath?” Drew asked.

Alice looked down at her feet when she said, “We don’t have one.” She looked up and admitted, “There have been so few cases of Cupid’s Breath where we’ve been in contact with someone being controlled by Cupid’s Breath, and not going through withdraw from the drug. Our best bet is to try and find the person who has the Cupid’s Breath right now, and try to make comfortable any victims.”

“Well I put up signs,” Ran said. “Besides the ones claiming I am the second coming there were the ones looking for Cupid’s Breath that I posted near the science buildings.”

“Have you had any responses so far?” Alice asked.

“Yes,” Ran replied to everyone’s surprise. “Two women tried to sell me makeup, and one guy claimed that Cupid’s Breath was the name of his garage band and would I be interested in booking him. I told him I would consider it after my lobotomy.”

“That doesn’t surprise me,” Alice said, “no one in our Washington labs has been able to duplicate Cupid’s Breath. If we can’t do it, no one can. For right now, until we find those two bottles of Cupid’s Breath, I’ve been authorized to ship what Cupid’s Breath you do have by secured US post.”

Just then Ellen Valachos came out from her office with a file in her hand. She slapped the file against George’s chest but her eyes were on Alice. “Who the hell are you?” Ellen asked sounding a little defensive of her territory.

“Alice Cooker, DEA,” She said putting her hand out for Ellen to shake. “I’m taking charge of the Cupid’s Breath investigation.”

“Well it’s about time,” Ellen said enthusiastically smiling and shaking hands with Alice. “We need a black woman to keep these white boys in check.”

Alice took her hand back and said, “It sounds like the investigation is pretty well rapped up. I just need to take charge of the Cupid’s Breath you have.”

“Well in that case come with me,” Ran offered. “I’ll show you a good time and where we keep the evidence around here.”

Alice looked over her shoulder as Ran guided the woman down the hall. “Should I be worried?” Alice asked.

“Yes,” Was the unanimous response.

13

That evening Jason had a very comfortable pillow, while he read his assigned homework, Abigail’s naked body. Abigail was sitting up in Jason’s bed, with her back against the wall. Jason was laying down naked too, between Abigail’s legs, and his head resting on her belly and chest. They were both reading, Abigail studding her book, which was resting on Jason’s head, and Jason reading the known procedure for making different chemicals.

Jason was finally relaxed. After a weekend of fun with his slave and the stress of trying to keep her he was finally able to just enjoy his woman. He didn’t have to worry about her ever refusing him. Jason was finally happy knowing that his woman was in fact his, and wouldn’t go off and be with another man. Abigail would love Jason, no matter what he did or said. Jason was content to have his one slave, and didn’t really feel like he needed another.

Jason finished his reading and stretched his arms out and up. He reached up and felt the smooth skin of Abigail’s body. She lowered her book as Jason felt along her chest to her breasts and gave them both a playful squeeze.

“Oh now don’t start something you don’t plan on finishing,” Abigail warned.

“I’m finished alright, with my homework,” Jason offered with his own sexual innuendo.

“Well let me finish this page,” Abigail said, “I’ve been studying for this test tomorrow, and I want to make sure I remember as much as possible.”

“No rush,” Jason replied, “I have the most comfortable seat imaginable.” He snuggled into Abigail’s body and she gave her legs a squeeze around his head.

A few minutes later Abigail snapped her book shut. “So Shadow, what do you want to do tonight?” Abigail asked.

Jason rolled over on all fours and smiled wickedly at Abigail. “I want to screw you so hard that when you climax you pass out,” Jason warned.

“Oh yeah,” Abigail smiled back. “As long as you wake me up before morning.” She spread her legs wide. The soft pink slit of her womanhood was a perfect channel for Jason’s dick to flow into.

“Hang on here,” Jason said with a smile. “You may be ready, but mister happy here is still groggy.” Jason slapped his dick, which wasn’t hard, but didn’t hang limp either. “Dance for me,” Jason ordered.

“Okay,” Abigail said standing up out of the bed. In the limited space of the room she started to sway her naked hips. She gathered up her copper colored hair in her hands and scooped it up over her head. She moved her legs and arms in beat to music only she could hear. Abigail leaned over, let her hair drop down, and then she whipped it around as she turned, showing off her round rear end.

“Dance faster,” Jason said his member rising up.

Abigail smiled as she moved her arms and legs faster. Her legs stretched out and her hips moved to a quickened pace. Her arms shot out, and rolled back like waves on an ocean. Leaning back she let her exposed naked body be shown down upon by the light overhead. She swiveled her hips up to the light, sticking her pelvis and pink up for Jason to see. She stood up, and swirled her chest about, making her breasts circle, and bounce together in erratic patterns. Abigail was starting to sweat, and Jason was getting turned on.

“You are so horny right now,” Jason said and smiled when Abigail gasped. “Dance faster, Fletch.”

Abigail’s pussy almost burned with lust as she followed the command to dance even faster. It was like her arms and legs had taken on the movements of someone in a seizure. They moved and whipped around, as she used her muscles not only to control her appendages going out, but coming back too. She jerked her body about with her hips moving like they were being shot out with magnets, and even her head was bobbing about. Abigail’s hair was sticking to her face and neck with the sweat she was producing, and what hair wasn’t sticking to her naked body was being tossed about. The strands of copper on her head didn’t seem to even have a chance to rest as they flew threw the air. Abigail was so horny, she felt like she would climax if Jason even touched her.

“Okay, stop dancing and get over here,” Jason commanded his dick sticking out of his body like a grotesque arm. Abigail dropped onto the bed, already running out of energy from dancing so much, but so horny she was ready to split open. “You don’t climax until I do,” Jason said, and Abigail felt her body clench up.

Jason slid his hard penis into Abigail’s slick hot body. He felt her body give as he pushed against the muscles in her womb. Jason slid in, and felt her body want more, so he gave her more, all of it. Abigail felt her body being filled. It felt like she was being added to by some wonderful stick of pleasure that made her whole. She grunted when Jason pushed all the way into her pussy, but she could take it, and wanted more. Abigail wanted his hot rod deep in her body, sticking up into being. She was being stabbed by a stick of sexual pleasure. She groaned a little when he slid out, and then back in again. It was making her already aroused body even hotter.

“Fletch, please keep the noise down,” Jason said a little fear in his voice, “I don’t want my RA knocking on the door interrupting us.”

Abigail felt her body tighten with the fear that something would interrupt their love making. That’s what it was to her, love making. They loved each other, and that’s why she was enjoying him screwing her like he was. He didn’t have the best body, or the greatest face, but that was secondary. She loved him because he cared for her. He loved her, and didn’t just say the words. His dick wasn’t huge, but it didn’t have to be, it did the job better than alright. She felt the arousal in her body go beyond the point where she would have climaxed. That thermometer in her pussy was pushed past the red line to the point it wouldn’t go any further. If Jason didn’t climax soon, she wasn’t sure she could hold back. Abigail was going to climax to oblivion.

“I’m about to cum,” Jason said gripping Abigail’s breasts as he said it.

Abigail felt the hot spunk fill her already hot body. It squirted into her form, filling gaps she didn’t even know she had. The hot slick semen spread across Jason’s dick almost immediately, and made the sliding in and out easier. The slick, sliding, hot, engorged, manly dick slid across her erogenous zone, and touched off what she knew was coming, her most powerful orgasm ever. A wave of energy, felt before embraced, rippled out from Abigail’s clit. Spreading out she felt her muscles go wild like she was doing a fast dance without a rhythm. Her pussy squeezed Jason’s dick tight, flexed, and tried to drag the man into her body by her contractions. Abigail’s eyes rolled back into her head, and her jaw clenched tight from the force of the orgasm. She gripped the sides of the mattress, but couldn’t hold on as her arms ripped away to shake with the waves of the orgasm.

With each ripple and wave of the orgasm that reached Abigail’s mind a little more of the light was taken away. Her brain was shutting down as each wave of orgasmic energy turned off more and more of her brain. More and more of her consciousness slipped away as she rode the orgasm. Then her mind was blank, the orgasm had wiped away her conscious mind, and she fell back onto the bed, out cold. Her vagina still flexed as the orgasm still controlled her body, and her arms and legs still jerked with orgasmic energy. Abigail didn’t feel any of it. She was down for the count, with a smile on her face.

Jason looked down at his slave. He was going to enjoy doing that to her, every night. She would obey. She would have an orgasm on command. Abigail would even have an orgasm so powerful it would knock her out, like she currently was, even if Jason only told her to. He was the master, and she had to obey him. Jason would be faithful to her, and she would have to be faithful and obedient to him.

The morning went by without incident, and so too did the afternoon. At six o’clock that evening when Jason and Abigail met for dinner Jason gave his slave another dose of Cupid’s Breath. At seven Jason walked into the PAC and was clearly out of his league. There were men and women a foot taller than him all muscular and looked as if they could rip two phonebooks in half at one time. Jason was about to turn from the room with the punching bags when Karen came to the door.

“Jason, I didn’t think you’d show,” Karen replied with a sadistic smile. “Are you ready to get the crap beat out of you?”

“Hang on here you said I wouldn’t have to actually get into a boxing match,” Jason said as Karen grabbed his arm and dragged him back into the room.

“I lied.” Karen introduced Jason to the rest of the boxing club as a new prospective member. Everyone eyed the small slight man with glasses as if he were a breathing joke, and not a very good one.

“Karen, you’ve got to be kidding me.” The coach, whom no one referred to him by any other name, sneered. He was a short man with wild gray hair that surrounded an otherwise bald head. His face was a pock marked wrinkled mass of broken and set bone and twisted cartilage.

“He’s not bad with the straight punch,” Karen stated as she stood behind Jason. “That and this seems to be the only physical activity he enjoys. He’s a chemist, in training.” At the mention that Jason was a scientist there was a cumulative sound of understanding from the group.

“Jason,” the coach said, “what the hell was you last name?”

“Simpson,” Jason offered helpfully.

“Simpson, get some gloves on,” the coach sneered. “I want to see you punch.”

Jason laced up and started giving it his all on one of the large red bags. The rest of the group broke up and also started to warm up or pound some leather. The coach kept yelling insults and put downs to fire up Jason, it didn’t work. Jason worked on some uppercuts on a special horizontal black bag, and received a few praises from the coach. When Jason tried to do the jump rope things went down hill fast.

“You can barely move your legs,” the coach yelled. “How do you expect to miss the other guy’s punches if you don’t move your legs?”

Jason, by this time winded, sweaty, and down right tired, stated, “I’ll fall to the floor and wait until I hear the number ten.” This got a wave of indignation from the coach and a few chuckles from the rest of the members.

“Train, get over here,” the coach growled. A young man, not quite six feet tall and a good fifty pounds on Jason stopped holding a red bag and walked over to the coach. His brown hair was matted to his forehead with sweat, and his muscles bulged out on his white T-shirt. Train looked down at Jason with a sadistic grin. “Train, I want you to try and beat the crap out of Simpson here. Simpson, I would put you against one of the girls, but I’m afraid you’d get hurt. Try to move your feet son or you’re going to loose some teeth.”

Jason looked up at Train and uttered the only thing that came to mind, “You’re going to really hurt me if I land a punch, aren’t you.”

Train gave a short laugh. “If you touch me I’ll buy you a beer,” Train replied.

“Come out at the whistle,” the couch yelled. The rest of the club stopped what they were doing and came over to the far end of the room to watch the impromptu match.

The shrill whistle from the coach pierced the air and Train was moving directly for Jason. Jason, being small and scared, did a rooky mistake, and just shot his arms out. Train batted them aside and gave Jason a quick shot to the jaw. Jason was dazed, but knew that if Train was that close to hit him, he was close enough for Jason to hit him back. With all the strength in his left arm Jason shot out his gloved hand and landed a good punch to Train’s chest.

“That’s one beer.” Someone from the crowd was paying attention to the previous conversation.

“Chop your feet boy, chop your feet, keep them moving so you can move,” the coach yelled.

Jason had no idea what chopping his feet meant, but he knew that Train was about to last out with his right arm, the muscle twitched. Jason swayed and let the red glove go past, but Jason had his right arm ready, and pounded Train’s side right below the ribs. It wasn’t a strong blow, the angle was wrong, but Jason did connect.

Train then connected with Jason’s chest knocking Jason back a few steps. The cheering and yelling from the crowd was distracting Jason. Felling like he was about to die Jason tuned out everything but the sight of Train, and the sound of the man breathing. It was like tunnel vision on one guy. Jason could hear Train breathing, and then take a sharp inhale. Jason saw his right shoulder tense up. Train shot out his right arm, but Jason was ready and ducked at the last moment, as if the world was in slow motion for him Jason shot up his right arm aiming for Train’s jaw. There was a sense of satisfaction when Jason’s boxing glove compressed under Jason’s knuckles and for a moment Jason could feel the outline of Train’s jaw. Train’s head snapped back and he stumbled backwards and fell back onto the ground.

Jason stood up, looked down at Train, and then looked over at the coach. With a sneer still in place the coach was nodding his head in approval. The coach came out onto the mats and lifted Train to his feet. The young man was dazed but would be okay. The coach looked over at Jason and the sneer was mirrored on the other side of the man’s face, and then Jason realized he was smiling.

“Okay that wasn’t bad,” the coach said the smile gone the sneer back. “You’ve got the upper body movement down, but you still need to learn how to move your feet. Buy a jump rope, Simpson.”

The coach waved his hands back to the rest of the crowd and they went back to their respective workouts. Jason looked at Train, who was still dazed and staggered slightly over to where his water bottle was. “Um, Train,” Jason said catching up to him, “no hard feelings right?”

Train looked surprised at that. “About what, the fight, oh hell no, I don’t feel bad about that. I still owe you a beer,” Train said with a smile shooting some water in his mouth. “Jason the first thing you have to understand about boxing is you’re going to get hit. No one here holds a grudge against anyone else. We’re in this because we enjoy it. All the time we’ll go to matches and find that we’re sharing a good laugh with someone who’s just flattened us to the mat. If you take it personally you need to get out of this sport.” Jason smiled and Train smiled back. The two worked out with each other the rest of the night.