The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Deja Vu

by le Duc de Kavaliere

Part Ten

Now

Nia sobbed, and Maggie realised she had to be the strong one. She took the Irish woman in her arms and rocked her back and forth.

“I’m so sorry,” Nia repeated over and over.

Maggie wiped away Nia’s ruined makeup and kissed the tears from her cheek. “We’re together now, princess.”

“I did it to you,” Nia said, and the sobs came.

“Your sister did it,” Maggie said. “It’s all right, princess. It’s all right.”

“I didn’t stop her.” Tears ran down Nia’s cheeks. “I wanted to, but I didn’t. I betrayed you.”

“You made a mistake.” Maggie kissed Nia’s wet lips. “She’s your sister. You’re used to trusting her. You’re probably used to her looking out for you!”

Nia shook her head, her loose hair falling into her face. “She hates my music. She hates my books. She hates my clothes. And she made me forget my soul mate!”

Maggie looked at her oddly. “How does she know hypnotism, anyway? I thought she was a solicitor!”

“She is,” Nia sighed. “She’s not licensed or anything, just an amateur. I’m so sorry, Maggie. I didn’t know she had a trigger.”

“How did she learn?”

“Same way I did,” Nia sighed. “My mum was a hypnotherapist. I was all over her books from the time I could read. I used to play hypnotist with my friends when I was little. After I started putting on stage shows for my friends—I told you about the time I hypnotised Callie and her friend in university—she started getting into it too. I let her practice on me. But then our parents died. When I got to university I kept on it, took classes, everything. She went to law school. Told me I had to get serious with my life. I am serious. I sometimes think about opening my own practice.”

“You should,” Maggie told her. “You said you wanted to be the wise woman, help people with their problems?”

Nia chuckled ironically amidst her tears. “I gotta fix my own problems first. Why would anyone go to a hypnotherapist who decorates her office like something out of Indiana Jones?”

“You could do it if you wanted to,” Maggie said.

“Will you take me back?” Nia asked.

“I already have! I don’t blame you. It wasn’t your fault.”

“Yeah, but I had my chance and I blew it,” Nia said miserably. She had stopped crying, but she still looked at the ground. “I’m loyal to my sister. I’m loyal to you. The part that’s loyal to her won. If I’d been strong enough—if I deserved you—she wouldn’t have been able to manipulate me like that. But I obeyed. I forgot you. I did it all to please someone who doesn’t love me.”

“I think she conditioned you,” Maggie said slowly.

“What do you mean?”

“If you two hypnotised each other for years, your subconscious is obviously used to obeying her and trusting her,” Maggie explained. “When she triggered you, you reacted like you’ve been trained to. You can use hypnotism to cure bad habits, but it looks like your sister used it to create one.”

“Trusting Callie used to be in my best interest, so I kept doing it even when it was no longer in my best interest,” Nia nodded. “I get it.”

“So what do we do now?” Maggie asked.

“Maggie, sweet, you’re going to have to hypnotise me.” Nia sighed and took her hand. “You have to put me under again, and remove Callie’s triggers. Make it so she can’t do this again.”

Maggie stared at her. “I can’t! I haven’t hypnotised anyone in years!”

“Weeks,” Nia reminded her. “But it’s all right. I know you can. You just told me all about it. You just have to remove the trigger.”

“I’m too out of practice for something like that,” Maggie protested.

“You’ll do fine,” Nia said, and put her hand on her lover’s forehead. She gently moved it downwards, closing Maggie’s eyes. “Sleep.”

Maggie’s body relaxed. Her mind drifted, floating on Nia’s words.

“Maggie, when you wake up, you will know that you’re the world’s best hypnotist,” the Irish girl whispered into her ear. “You are brilliant and confident. You remember all the times you’ve hypnotised someone. You are very experienced. You know exactly what to do and how to do it safely. You are sure of yourself. You can do anything with hypnosis you like. You know the words and gestures—they come to you without your even having to think about it. It’s completely natural to you. You are the best hypnotist in the world, and you want very much to hypnotise me. It’s so easy for you, you’ve done it so many times, you could hypnotise me in your sleep. On the count of three I will snap my fingers and you will wake up. When you awake, your greatest desire will be to hypnotise me and remove Callie’s trigger. One, two, three.”

Snap.

Maggie opened her eyes. Nia was already disentangling herself from their embrace. The Irish girl sat facing her on the bed, hands at her sides, and took a deep breath.

“I’m ready,” Nia said.

The English woman smiled, and took Nia’s right hand with her left. “Now, Nia, give me complete control of that arm, complete control of your arm.” She tugged on it gently. “Your arm is loose, limp, easy. Loose, limp, easy.” Maggie began to sway it from side to side. “Your arm is feeling so relaxed, completely relaxed. You know I am a hypnotist and I am going to hypnotise you. Look at my fingers.”

Maggie raised her right hand and wiggled her fingers playfully before Nia’s face.

“Follow my fingers... follow them right... follow them left... follow them down... follow them up... Follow them around and around and around... now sleep. Close your eyes, and sleep.”

Nia’s body slumped into Maggie’s arms.

“Your whole body is completely relaxed. Drifting off, deeper and deeper, ten times deeper, twelve times deeper, twenty times deeper. Deeply relaxed, deeply asleep, deep in trance.”

The English woman stole a quick caress of Nia’s hair. This was the most surreal night of her life. The Irish girl had knocked on her a few hours ago and started hypnotising her before she’d even introduced herself. And here she was, the most fascinating woman she’d ever met, lying hypnotised in Maggie’s bed. “Wow” didn’t cover it. It’s a good thing I’m an expert hypnotist, she reflected.

“Nia,” Maggie said thoughtfully, “listen to me very carefully. From now on, your sister’s triggers will be nothing but ordinary words. They will have no effect on you whatsoever. Whenever you hear them, see them, anything, they will have no more power than any other words. Your sister will no longer be able to trigger you; in fact, she will no longer be able to hypnotise you at all. Any time she tries to hypnotise you, you will just get disgusted and leave. Is this all right?”

“No,” Nia said.

Maggie gazed at her. “What’s preventing you from carrying out my suggestions, Nia?”

“Callie takes care of me,” the Irish girl said, a tiny note of sadness in her whisper. “I can’t be disloyal to her.”

Great, Maggie thought. What do I do now?

She was the best hypnotist in the world. Surely she’d studied or read something that could help her deal with this?

Of course she had!

“Nia, you’re twenty-three years old,” she told her. “You are twenty-three, right?”

“Yes,” her hypnotised lover whispered.

“Over the years you’ve been loyal to your sister, and you’ve done a great job,” Maggie told her. “But now you’re a grown woman, an adult, and you’re free to make your own decisions, to live the life you want to live. In fact, you have a responsibility to yourself to live your own life. Living for someone else isn’t fair to you. Being loyal to your sister was important when you were growing up, but now you have to be loyal to yourself. You only have to take your sister’s advice if you want to. You only have to obey her if you agree with her. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” Nia murmured, her eyes shut fast.

“So, from now on, will you disregard any and all triggers your sister gave you?”

“Yes.”

Maggie grinned. “Yes, of course you will, princess,” she told her. “On the count of three, all your sister’s triggers are cancelled. One, two, three. Are your sister’s triggers cancelled, princess?”

“Yes,” Nia said calmly.

Maggie thought for a moment. “On the night we played vampyres, what happened after I left?”

“Callie ordered me to forget you,” Nia said, her eyes still closed. “Deleted you from my phone. Told me I could not regress myself. No matter how hard I tried could not go into trance.”

Aaaaah! Maggie let out a squeal as an orgasm tickled her insides and covered her skin with gooseflesh. Aaaaaahhh! She tried to be quiet as she gasped for breath, but her hypnotised lover gave no sign.

Oh, my. I’ll have to ask Nia to turn that off, Maggie thought. Or maybe I won’t. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah—good thing Callie didn’t think of Nia’s camera!

“Nia,” Maggie managed, “all your sister’s other post-hypnotic suggestions are cancelled too. You can do self-hypnosis whenever you want. From now on, you are in control of your life. Now, on the count of three, you’ll wake up, completely free from any post-hypnotic suggestions. One, taking a deep breath, two, opening your eyes, three, wide awake.”

Nia opened her eyes and stretched. The two women cuddled together under the blankets.

“What happened next?” Nia asked.

Maggie held her close. “Nothing,” she asked honestly.

“Something must have happened when we were apart,” the Irish girl said.

Then

Maggie awoke.

It was Saturday morning, and she was hungry. She had no desire to get out of bed. The world outside was cold and lonely.

Hunger eventually drove her to the kitchen. She looked in the refrigerator, but nothing appealed to her. Her stomach growled nonetheless, and she made herself some bacon, eggs, and toast.

She made them the same way she always did, but they were the worst eggs and the driest toast she’d ever had. The bacon felt like rubber, and it was hard to chew.

The band wanted more lyrics, but no amount of staring at the computer screen could make them come. Eventually she gave up and got back in bed.

She slept into the early afternoon. She was awakened by hunger again, but nothing she ate tasted any good. No matter how uncomfortably her stomach growled, food held no more attraction for her than cardboard did.

That afternoon she got out her vampyre DVDs and started a Hammer Horror marathon. She did that the next day, and continued into the following week.

She had trouble sleeping, often lying in bed gazing at the wall. She’d fall asleep after hours of this, sometimes at three or four in the morning. She showed up for work dead-tired, and ended up calling in sick several times.

No matter how many times she watched Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee battle it out in the Dracula series, or watched the sexy vampyres in the Karnstein movies, she couldn’t go to sleep as she always had.

What’s wrong with me, she wondered. She tried to go dancing, but she’d get halfway to a club and turn around. She thought about dating, but she couldn’t think of anyone she could call. The men she saw bored her. Occasionally she saw a good-looking woman, but the idea of approaching a woman was so absurd she couldn’t take it seriously. There was that dyke bar... no, she wouldn’t be caught dead there. Just because she hadn’t been on a date in a year didn’t mean she’d humiliate herself like that. She hadn’t really been attracted to someone of either gender since her last boyfriend, and her one experience flirting with another woman had been disastrous.

One night—after watching 1979’s Dracula and 1936’s Dracula’s Daughter back-to-back—she got up and looked in the mirror. Grey sweatshirt, mouse-brown hair tied back in a braid, watery blue eyes, skin that was neither attractively tan nor exotically pale. She was no Snow White—the glasses saw to that. She was long sighted, but never bothered taking them off for reading. There was nothing about her that could match the dark attraction of Frank Langella or Gloria Holden.

She had to sleep. It was past midnight and she couldn’t imagine her eyes closing. Self-hypnosis never worked. She didn’t want to experiment with sleeping pills, and she had to be alert for work tomorrow. She was running out of sick time.

She sat glumly on her bed. I need a vacation, Maggie thought— but where can I go, and what would be fun to do alone? She had friends, but many of them had kids, and she couldn’t think of anyone she wanted to go on holiday with. Going away by herself would be just as meaningless as writing passionless lyrics or staying late at work.

Mindlessly, she put in another vampyre DVD.

Now

“I’m so sorry,” Nia said heavily.

“It wasn’t your fault,” Maggie said, and pulled Nia closer.

“Yes, it was,” the Irish woman sighed. “I knew Callie had done hypnosis with me, but I didn’t want to face that she still was. I know she doesn’t approve of me, but didn’t want to face that she hates me. I didn’t know she was so homophobic.”

“She made you forget the times she put you under,” Maggie said, stroking her hair. “It wasn’t your fault.”

“Yes it was,” Nia sighed. “People can ignore suggestions. I didn’t. I must have realised she hates me and all the stuff I like, hates what I want to do with my life—but I was more comfortable pretending everything was fine. When she told my subconscious to think that everything was fine, I went along with it and lie to myself rather than face the fact that my big sister doesn’t love me.”

There were tears in Nia’s eyes, and Maggie wiped them away.

“But she made me forget you,” Nia said. “I’ll never forgive that. Never.”

“What happened to you?” Maggie asked.

“I got anxious,” Nia said. “I went out dancing a lot, got pissed a couple times. Thought about hitting on people but couldn’t make myself do it.” She smiled dryly. “Alice and Keeran and Basil and Sylvester asked me what happened to that girl I met. I told them I never met anyone, and they didn’t press me. I just thought they got mixed up. I guess they assumed it ended badly and I didn’t want to talk about it, because they didn’t press me. I didn’t realise they were talking about something I didn’t remember until I found the photos.”

“When did you find them?”

“Yesterday. I tried to regress myself, but I couldn’t do it. So I went to a hypnotherapist this morning, and now I know Callie made me forget. I didn’t remember everything, but I think I do now that you’ve told me your side of the story.” Nia looked up at her. “Maggie, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not your—” the English woman said again, but Nia shook her head.

“It was. I dragged you into this mess. I didn’t mean to, but I did. I got carried away—”

“I liked you getting carried away!” Maggie exclaimed, and squeezed her lover’s shoulders. “The connection we had—have. Nia, I’ve been waiting to meet you my whole life. You are what I’ve always wanted. Someone who gets inside my head, someone I can trust to take care of me when I surrender. Completely. With you I’m bold and confident—”

“Being with me made you lonely,” Nia sighed. “Callie screwed with my head, and because I wasn’t careful enough, she screwed yours too. Being with me put you in danger. Do you want me to go?” Her voice broke, and she looked away.

Maggie placed her little finger on Nia’s chin and gently drew the Irish girl’s gaze back. “I want my life back,” she said, “and I want you in it. My princess.”

“Then what do we do?” Nia asked. “I won’t put you in danger again.”

“We already removed her triggers—” Maggie began.

Nia looked like she’d been struck by lightning. “Triggers.”

Maggie waved her hand in front of her lover’s face. “Are you all right?”

Nia’s brown eyes focused on hers. “Yes. I just remembered. I know hers.”

Maggie was stunned. “You have one for her? All this time? Why didn’t you—”

“I don’t know,” Nia confessed. “I didn’t think of it. I think I forgot.”

“You forgot? How could you—” Maggie giggled insanely. “Of course. I told you you only had to follow her suggestions if you wanted to.”

“That’s got to be it,” Nia said. Maggie felt the Irish girl tense, so she started rubbing her shoulders. “She made me forget. The nerve! Oh, that feels good.”

“I’m not sure I understand,” Maggie admitted. “Why didn’t she just hypnotise you into removing the trigger?”

“Her mind doesn’t work that way,” Nia said. “Put me under, then make me put her under? She wouldn’t go for a complicated solution when a simple one would work. People aren’t robots, that you can just program. There are so many other things to consider. It wouldn’t matter if I had a phrase to put her under if I didn’t know I had it and wouldn’t ever think to say it.” She laughed dryly. “She must be used to billing by the hour.”

“Still, the problem’s solved,” Maggie told her. “Stop by her place tomorrow and trigger her. Do the same thing she did to you—make her forget that evening. Heck, make her forget how to hypnotise people.”

Nia shook her head. “I haven’t been to her flat in two years, not since we started arguing. She always comes by, or we meet somewhere. If I just showed up on her doorstep she’d know something’s up. The trigger might not work if she’s suspicious.”

“Can you ring her?”

“Hypnotise her over the telephone?”

“It worked on me well enough,” Maggie said shyly.

Nia touched Maggie’s cheek. “I’ve never done that to Callie. She might drop the receiver.”

“I didn’t drop it when you hypnotised me.”

Nia blushed. “That’s because I gave you a posthypnotic suggestion not to.” She paused. “But I could call her at work. She has a headset.”

Maggie smiled. “See? It will be all right.” She yawned, and glanced at the clock. “Gracious, it’s past four in the morning. I need to get some sleep.”

The Irish girl grinned wickedly and pushed her lover down on the bed.

“Nia,” Maggie began, but the hypnotist had already crawled on top of her.

“I thought you’d never ask,” her lover said. “Look in my eyes.”

Their eyes met.

“Sleep.”

Maggie’s eyes closed.

* * *

The next morning, the two women finally dragged themselves out of bed and to Maggie’s kitchen. The English woman fixed them some toast while Nia stood looking apprehensively at the telephone. When they’d eaten, Maggie slid her arms around her lover, touching her breasts to Nia’s back.

“You’re tied for the youngest hypnotist ever certified in the UK,” Maggie reminded her. “You’ll do great.”

The Irish girl nodded, picked up the receiver, and dialed.

“Hello, Callie,” Nia said. “Are you alone? Good. The door to sleep is open.”

Maggie squeezed her, and Nia nodded enthusiastically.

“Now listen very carefully to me, Callie.” The Irish girl’s voice dropped into her soothing hypnotist’s cadence. Maggie’s insides stirred at the sound—it was so sexy listening to Nia hypnotise someone! “Listen to me very carefully. Sit down if you’re not doing so already.”

Maggie imagined herself in Callie’s shoes, eyes closed, slumped in her chair, ears open to Nia’s words as they slid into her mind.

“What I’m telling you is very important, Callie. Over many years you have protected me, but now the best way to protect me is to trust me to make my own decisions. I’m your sister, and you trust me. From now on, you trust me completely to make my own decisions. You trust my choices in friends and partners, and you have complete confidence in my choice in partners. You will immediately like my friends and whomever I’m with, because if I’m with them they’ve got to be good.

Maggie gazed at the woman she loved. Nia was so confident. She knew exactly what to say to control Callie. She knows the words that control me, too, she thought.

“Callie, you are very serious about your job and you have little time for flighty things. It would make you happy if you never had to worry about things that you aren’t really interested in. Therefore, when you wake up, you will forget everything you know about hypnosis. You have no interest in hypnosis. You never have seen it or wanted to see it. You are absolutely sure you have never practiced hypnosis. You have never been hypnotised and never hypnotised anybody. You don’t know anyone who has ever hypnotised anyone or been hypnotised. You know that I have never been hypnotised and I have never hypnotised anyone. Hypnosis is completely outside your experience. You think hypnosis is silly, like witch doctors and divining rods. There is nothing to it. It’s all fake and silly. You have never been hypnotised, never wanted to be hypnotised, never hypnotised anyone, never wanted to hypnotise anyone.

“Because I’m your sister and you love me, you want me to find someone who makes me happy. You love me no matter what, and you will love anyone who makes me happy. You want me to be happy so much that you would be happy for me even if I fell in love with another woman. You would be very happy for me if I fell in love with a woman. You would be very happy if I were with a woman who loved me.”

“Finally, Callie, because I’m your sister you love me, and because you love me you trust me. You’ve decided to give me a special gift to show me how much you trust me: you are going to give me back the key to my flat. Next time you see me, you will give it to me to show me how much you love me, and you will be very proud of yourself for thinking to give me this wonderful gift to show me what a good sister you are.”

“On the count of three, your eyes will open, and you will wake up completely. You will feel great, refreshed, and happy. You will remember only that I called to tell you how grateful I am to have you as a sister. One, feeling great, two, opening your eyes, three.”

Nia paused, listening to her sister speak.

“I love you too, Callie. I’ll talk to you again soon.”

The Irish hypnotist rang off, then turned to Maggie – only to feel the English woman pull away. Nia, confused, watched as her lover sank to her knees.

Maggie took both of Nia’s hands in hers. “Nia, I want you,” she said. She hadn’t planned this – she wasn’t even sure what she wanted to say – but the words came. “Will you – will you be mine? May I be yours?”

“Yes, yes of course!” Nia tugged on Maggie’s hand, and the English woman rose. Holding hands, the two walked back to the bedroom.

“Princess,” Maggie said slowly, “I don’t think I’d mind so much – if you – gave me a trigger like that someday.”

“Actually, I did leave a trigger,” Nia confessed. She looked away, shyly.

“Uh oh,” Maggie said. “Last night?”

The Irish girl nodded, and the two sat down on the bed.

I do have a trigger, Maggie thought. I’m at her mercy. What is she planning to do to me? She can hypnotise me whenever she wants. I’ll be under before I know it.

“What – what is it?” Maggie said shyly.

Nia looked up at her, almost bashfully. “It’s... ‘vampyre eyes.’”

Nia’s pupils shifted in front of Maggie’s eyes. In a heartbeat, her lover’s eyes became slitted like a serpent’s. They were compelling, magnetic, and irresistible. The change was fascinating. Maggie could barely believe what she was seeing. Nia had vampyre eyes... the deepest, softest pair of brown eyes Maggie ever seen. They were so magical, so heartbreakingly sexy, so hypnotic. Nia could lure her under her spell so easily. Maggie wanted her to, she wanted it so badly that could feel Nia’s bewitching eyes putting her will to sleep and taking over her mind.

Nia looked at Maggie expectantly, then grinned slowly as she saw her trigger capture her.

Their eyes locked. “I’m hypnotising you,” Nia said impishly.

Maggie could not look away from Nia’s bewitching eyes, her soft, alluring, enchanting pools. Maggie was lost in Nia’s eyes. “You’re hypnotising me,” she agreed.

“You want me to hypnotise you,” Nia murmured, sliding her arms around Maggie’s neck.

Maggie loved looking into Nia’s beautiful brown eyes and losing herself in the young woman’s power. She was seized by a sudden yearning for the Irish hypnotist to snap her fingers and complete the spell. “I want you to hypnotise me,” Maggie confessed. Nia knew Maggie better than she knew herself.

“You are already hypnotised,” Nia whispered.

Everything Nia said was the complete truth. “I am already hypnotised,” Maggie confessed.

“You are completely under my spell. I have hypnotised you.”

Nia’s irresistible words slid directly into Maggie’s mind and nestled in. “You have hypnotised me,” Maggie echoed. “I’m under your spell.”

“You love it when I hypnotise you,” Nia said, leaning closer.

“I love you when you hypnotise me.”

“Caress my hair,” Nia whispered, and snapped her fingers.

Maggie had no choice but to obey her, for the Irish girl had put her will to sleep. But, somehow, she’d been hoping she’d say that. Maggie loved Nia’s hair, its silkiness, its colour, its length. Maggie ran her hand over it, from the back of her head down to the small of her back.

“My power is in my hair,” Nia murmured. “You feel my power beneath your hand, seducing your hand, passing through your hand, up your arm, all through your body. Do you feel my power?”

Nia’s vampyre eyes compelled her. “Yes, princess,” Maggie confessed. Nia was so beautiful. Her eyes were magical, her voice was magical, her hair was magical.

“Your hypnotised mind is completely under my spell, and you will do anything I say,” Nia told her. The spell was all around her and inside her, inside her body and inside her head. Nia had total control of her. Maggie trusted her completely, and would do whatever she asked. “And now I’m going to give you a very powerful hypnotic suggestion. Would you like me to?”

“Yes, princess.” Maggie swallowed. “Please.”

Nia grinned. “It’s very simple,” the Irish hypnotist said. The spell she’d woven flowed through her, mingling with Maggie’s consciousness until their thoughts were one. “You want to trust me and protect me. Trust me and protect me. Trust me and protect me. I’m your princess and you’re my lover, and you want to trust me and protect me. Trust me and protect me. You love putting your arms around me and keeping me safe. Trust me and protect me. Keep me safe. Trust me and protect me.”

They kissed. “And on the count of three, you’ll wake up,” Nia instructed, “remembering everything. One, two, three.”

Snap.

Maggie blinked, and shook her head to clear it. Nia sat there grinning, her brown eyes shining, and Maggie pulled her into a kiss. Nia squealed, laughing, sliding her arms around Maggie’s neck.

“When you do that...” Maggie began.

“What?” Nia asked, and Maggie felt her smile as she kissed her lips.

“I love it,” Maggie told her, and Nia giggled. “And I’ll always trust you and protect you—hypnotism or no hypnotism.”

Maggie moved the sheets aside and climbed under them.

“Thank you for letting me hypnotise you anyway,” Nia said, sliding in next to her.

“I don’t think I had much choice,” Maggie said, and Nia laughed.

“I love hypnotising you,” Nia said as she lay down in Maggie’s arms. “You’re so much fun to play with!”

“I love it when you hypnotise me,” Maggie said. “Because I trust you.”

“And you love me?” Nia asked.

“I love you,” Maggie replied.

Finis