The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Essential Oils

Chapter 1

Author — Sidia

“You’re father is coming home today, Trent.” Grace said to her son as he entered the kitchen around lunchtime.

Trent took the opportunity to cast a sidelong look at his mother. She was wearing a long and elegant blue dress, cut daringly low at the cleavage, that hugged the curves of her ass and hips. It was such a departure from what she usually wore around the house—loose, baggy, and generally shapeless clothing—that it was completely mesmerising. His mother’s short, dark hair perfectly framed and accentuated the lovely features of her face—she normally didn’t bother with makeup but when she did she was absolutely stunning.

“Yes, I kind of figured that was the case.” Trent said, trying to act as though his mother’s attire wasn’t affecting him.

“Oh?” Trent’s mother asked, raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow. “And how did you know that?”

“Mom.” Trent sighed. “You only ever dress up when dad’s coming home.”

Trent’s father was barely ever home. He travelled near constantly for work—some nebulous high-paying job for an oil company—and only ever come home for brief whirlwind visits. He was a lot older than his wife—a few decades older—but seemed very happy with the concept of having a younger woman waiting at home for him. For years when Trent was younger he viewed his father coming home as something akin to Santa—he would appear out of nowhere, shower both him and his mom in gifts, and then leave almost as abruptly as he came. This had continued right up to the present day and as Trent rapidly approached his graduation day he still looked forward to his father’s visits but he sometimes regretted that he didn’t really have a relationship with him.

The older he got the more Trent wondered about what kind of marriage his mom and dad had—sometimes they only saw each other a few months out of a year. His mom was a real knock-out—absolutely gorgeous with a stunning face and a body that would make anyone stand up and pay attention. Not that he—or anyone else really—ever got to see it though. When her husband wasn’t home—so for most of the year—his mom seemed to want to wear clothing that completely hid all of her curves. It was like she was hiding but from what Trent didn’t know. She didn’t work, not having to need to, and barely socialised at all. She seemed to be content just to relax around the house and read. Whenever Trent needed to find his mom he just walked around the house checking all of her various reading nooks. He’d eventually find her curled up and completely engrossed in whatever it was that she was reading. Trent had never told her, but he always thought his mother looked adorable—her legs drawn up as she snuggled up in an oversized sweater, her eyes intent as they danced across the pages.

He knew she must be active at some time though—her toned body spoke to the fact that she got more than her fair share of exercise—but he had never seen her do it. His mother was always so aloof, so proper. Their house had a large pool in the backyard but Trent couldn’t remember ever seeing his mother taking a swim—a fact that he lamented because he would kill to see her in a bikini. He knew she used the pool though—he’d regularly see her towel drying outside—but she only ever did so when he was at school. That was his mother in a nutshell—gorgeous, but secretive and distant.

That wasn’t to say that she ever neglected him—she was always there if he needed something—but she was so content with her own company that she didn’t seem to ever seek out anyone on her own. It seemed like a lonely life to Trent but his mom seemed content.

From the few bits of information that he had been able to piece together, his mother’s love of solitude might have something to do with how his parents got together. Apparently it had been quite a scandal when his dad had married his mom. Trent had only dim memories of his grandparents—they hadn’t approved of their teenage daughter marrying a man twenty years her senior—so Trent’s family had been estranged from them ever since. He had once tried to question the age gap—his mom had been even younger than he was now when she had run away with his dad—but his mother had only dismissively said it was different in those days—like she was born in 1940’s or something.

“So when is he getting home?” Trent asked absently. He moved over to the fridge so that his mom wasn’t directly in his line of sight. It was way too distracting to see her when she was dressed up. The older he got the more he started to look forward to his dad coming home just because it was the only time he got to see his mom in something other than an oversized sweater. It was school holidays now and being constantly exposed to his mom was beginning to wear on Trent.

“Not long, he’s on his way from the airport.” Grace said, equally as absently.

“Wow, thanks for the heads-up, mom.” Trent said, surprised.

“I was just as surprised as you were.” Grace said, raising an eyebrow at him along with a small smile. “You know you’re dad always has trouble being organised.”

“More like he barely gives other people a thought.” Trent muttered under his breath.

“What was that?” His mom asked.

“Nothing.”

“Trent, my boy!” Trent’s father boomed as he entered the door. He dumped his huge assortment of bags in the hallway and enfolded Trent in a tight bear hug. “You’ve grown again!”

“That’s how time works, dad.” Trent joked as he endured his father’s iron embrace. Even though his hair was streaked with silver, Trent’s father was a big man, with strength radiating from his entire body.

“Of course, of course.” His father grinned, roughing up his son’s hair as though he were much younger. He then turned to look at Grace, standing patiently to one side. “And as for my beautiful wife, you look as lovely as the day I stole you away!”

He left Trent and embraced his wife. Trent noted that his dad’s hands were resting so low down on his mother’s back that he was practically cupping her ass. He waited for his quiet and reserved mom to say something about appearances, but all she did was give her husband a crooked smile—resting her hands lightly upon his shoulders.

“You’re exaggerating, dear.” Grace said lightly.

“Nonsense.” Her husband said firmly. He cupped his wife’s face, softly trailing one finger down along her cheek as he looked hungrily at her. “If anything you are more beautiful now.”

“That’s very kind of you to say.” Grace said, looking up at her husband from under her lashes. She suddenly jumped within his arms, looking up at him with wide eyes.

“Uh, how long are you staying, dad?” Trent asked, feeling very awkward. His dad had just grabbed his mom’s ass right in front of him and was smiling as the elegant woman held herself uncomfortably still in his arms. His dad was caressing his mom like he had forgotten he was in the room.

“Not long, just for the week.” His dad said, a regretful expression on his face as he looked at his wife. But then he brightened, turning to the bags he had dumped on the floor and started rummaging through them. “But it’s no matter, I have gifts!”

He dug through his bags and then pulled out a game console—pushing it insistently into his son’s arms.

“There! I saw this and knew my boy would like it!”

“Wow, thanks dad.” Trent said weakly. He saw his mother give him a look and so he broadened his smile. “That’s amazing dad, thank you!”

“It’s nothing.” HIs father said, waving his hand. “Now why don’t you go and have a play—you can show it to me later. I want some time alone with your mother so I can show her my presents.”

Trent sighed as he put the gaming console down on his bed. His dad was generous—but sometimes absent minded. For example he didn’t remember that he had already given Trent this same console on one of his other visits. Trent was old enough now to recognise the pattern of what his dad was doing—he always came home with some kind of present that would distract and take up his son’s time. Trent knew what ‘time alone’ meant—and the thought of what his parents were doing made him feel a bit weird. He didn’t exactly blame his dad for his behavior though—if Trent had a woman as perfect as his mom he’d want as much time with her as possible too.

He sometimes wondered when exactly he started looking at his mom as something other than just a parent. It was hard to pin down. Trent was finding it harder and harder to ignore the affect his mom had on him. It wasn’t just that she stunningly gorgeous; sometimes when she was lost in her own world she looked so adorable that all he wanted to was hold her.

Knowing that his mom was probably right in the middle of having sex with his dad made his lower belly feel tight. He couldn’t begin to imagine what his reserved and proper mom looked like when she had sex. All the positions he had learnt from porn seemed too far fetched—he couldn’t picture his mom doing anything like that. He could barely see her laying on her back doing missionary! But even something as tame as that; if he could just once see his perfect mom naked and on her back—expressions on her face that he had never seen—while she was being fucked ...

Trent was hard and he adjusted himself in his pants. He let his imagination run wild and soon he was more worked up than he could ever remember being. If he hadn’t let himself get so horny he would never in a million years have considered the plan of action he arrived at—he was going to try and spy on his parents.

Trent told himself he was just going to have a quick look—just for a second to see if he could see anything—and that was all. His parent’s bedroom had a large window overlooking the garden—bordered by thick hedges and trees. It was very private—unless someone was to sneak up and peer through hedge into the bedroom.

Trent made his way quietly outside, his heart pounding in his chest. He knew this was pretty stupid—what was he going to say if he got caught?—but he couldn’t help himself.

As he eased up to the hedges around his parent’s bedroom window, Trent could see movement. His visions was still mostly obscured but when he got close enough to see properly his jaw dropped open and he only just stopped himself from exclaiming out loud.

Trent had been right—his dad had wanted to get his mother alone, but what was going on in their room went so far beyond what he imagined that it completely blew his mind. Trent stared through the window, unable to pull his eyes away—all thoughts of just taking a quick look gone entirely from his head.

Trent’s father was naked and threateningly erect as he stood over his wife as she knelt on the ground before him. Her wrists were bound together and she held them up above her head—her arms trembling with the prolonged effort. Grace had one side of her dress torn open, the strap hanging off of one pale shoulder, as one of her full breasts sat exposed. Her tit was perfect—beyond anything that Trent could have imagined. It looked so heavy and soft—the round orb tipped with a delectable pink nipple. But that wasn’t the only thing that caught Trent’s attention.

His quiet, reserved, and elegant mother was wearing a ball-gag.

A thick leather strap went around his mom’s face, tightened enough that he could see it digging into her cheeks, and her lips were stretched wide open—a round and hollow ball locking her mouth in place. Small rivulets of saliva ran from the corners of her mouth, and she was looking up at her husband with an expression filled with so much wanton heat and desire that it took Trent’s breath away.

Trent watched as his dad lightly swatted his mom’s exposed breast—making it jiggle as she closed her eyes and shuddered. As he looked closer he saw that his mother’s breast was reddened from repeated strikes—they must have waisted no time in getting started. Trent saw his dad’s mouth move as he said something and then his mother nodded frantically in affirmation.

Trent gasped soundlessly as his dad bodily picked up his mother and threw her face down onto the bed, her body bouncing as her legs and rear hung over the side. Trent’s dad gathered up the bottom of his mom’s dress—rucking it up over her thighs until it was bunched up around her hips. Trent had a brief view of his mother’s lovely and pale rump before his view was blocked by his father taking up position behind her.

His dad slapped at his mom’s ass as he rutted into her from behind and soon her rear was covered in red welts. Trent watched them for a long time—staring at what he could see of his mom as her body shook from the powerful thrusts. He stayed all the way through, unable to tear his eyes away, only leaving after his dad had finished taking her.

Dinner that night was incredible awkward—for Trent anyway. He was quiet, keeping his head down and barely speaking. He didn’t think his dad noticed anything—he was in an expansively good mood. Trent’s mom gave him a few questioning looks but she didn’t have a chance to say anything. Trent couldn’t help but notice that his mom was sitting rather gingerly on the chair, but looked very satisfied nonetheless.

Soon after dinner his father plead tiredness from his trip and retired to bed—barely taking the time to say goodnight to Trent as he took his wife by the hand and towed her along behind him. Trent stared after his parents for a few long moments, his emotions all mixed up. That had been the hottest thing he had ever seen—far better than anything he had seen online. It had been so ... wrong, to see his mother being treated like that. But it was also driving him crazy with lust.

Trent got up and padded silently up the hall to his parents bedroom—placing his ear up against the door. Sure enough he could hear the sounds of his parents having sex again. Trent shivered and went into his room—closing the door and sitting by his computer. Without even thinking about it, Trent closed his eyes—his hand going down to his erection. He started to stroke himself, picturing how his mom had looked as she knelt on the floor before his dad. At her beautiful face—marred by the ball-gag. At how eagerly she had nodded before his dad had man-handled her onto the bed and then fucked her. He imagined that it was him that was stripping her—that he was the one to be sliding his cock in and out of her body. Trent pumped his cock in his fist even faster. He imagined that he was the one that was roughly taking her ... .

Trent groaned as he came—faster than he could ever remember doing so. He cleaned himself up, and sat back down at his desk—staring blankly off into space. He would give anything to be able to take his dad’s place right now. Anything.

Trent’s eyes shot open. He suddenly remembered the site he had found on the internet a few weeks earlier. Trent spent a lot of time on the web and if his mother knew half of the stuff he routinely viewed she would burn his computer immediately. He particularly liked perusing the dark web—something that was a lot easier than most people realised. As long as you took the appropriate steps to hide your identity it was relatively safe. There was a lot of illegal stuff on there—as well as a lot of unbelievable nonsense—and Trent amused himself by trying to find the most ridiculous and out-there stuff her could.

In this case he had found a post selling what was described as the world’s most powerful pheromones for men. Trent had had a good laugh at the time—the product had promised that it would make its wearer irresistible to women. That it went beyond mere attraction—that women would willingly go along with whatever dark desires the wearer wanted. It had seemed like utter bullshit—but in Trent’s current state even the smallest possibility of it working was too good to pass up.

Trent hurriedly tracked down the posting—it was still there. He balked for a moment at the price of it, but for all his faults his dad was very generous. Trent had an absurdly large allowance so he could easily afford it. Sick with lust, Trent ordered the item before settling back to jerk off for the second time.

Trent was subjected to the knowledge that his mom was being fucked every night—during the day as well—for the entire week that his dad was home. He eyed the long dresses she now wore—figure-hugging and gorgeous on her, but long enough to hide any of the marks on her skin that Trent knew must be there. He would have normally been worried about her but she looked so happy and pleased with herself that he knew she was more than a willing participant in her husbands attentions.

The site that he had ordered the pheromones from had disappeared the day after he had ordered it. It wasn’t unusual for pages to vanish, but it did make Trent think that he had been scammed. Still, even the thought that they might have worked still got him rock hard. His nightly fantasies were filled with scenarios where he controlled his gorgeous mom—making her do whatever he wanted. Making her his.

A week after his dad had left, Trent was almost shocked when the package he had ordered turned up. It was plainly wrapped—almost boring—and the small bottle of the pheromone was hidden amongst an assortment of essential oils that people used for aromatherapy.

Trent hurriedly got the package up into his room, and very carefully opened the bottle—taking an experimental sniff. He frowned—it didn’t smell like anything at all. He read the bottle—the bare-bones instructions read that only a few drops on the skin would be enough for it to work. Once it mingled with his own scent any woman who smelt it would be unable to resist him.

Trent raised a skeptical eyebrow but then shrugged. He had bought it, he might as well try it out. He dabbed some around the base of his neck and rubbed it in. He did the same on his wrists, remembering reading somewhere that that was how you put on cologne. Trent waited a few minutes but he didn’t feel anything besides from a slight tingle where he had rubbed it in. He took a deep fortifying breath and then went to find his mother to try it out.

Trent found his mother curled up on the couch as she read. Grace was back to wearing her otherwise shapeless and dowdy clothing now that her husband was no longer around.

“Hey, mom.” Trent said softly, walking up to her. If his mom looked up she would wonder why his face looked so flushed.

“Hello, Trent.” Grace said quietly without looking up.

Trent edged closer.

“Reading anything good?” He said lamely, standing as close as he dared. He didn’t know how far away the scent worked—if it worked at all.

Grace sighed and carefully bookmarked the page she was on before putting her book down on her lap.

“Trent, I’ve told you before that it’s not polite to interrupt someone when they’re reading.” She took a deep breath. “Now, is there anything wrong —.”

Grace stopped and took another breath, small furrows appearing on her brow. She then looked at her son with more focus and intensity than Trent could ever remember seeing on her face.

“Sorry.” Trent said awkwardly as he inwardly held his breath. “I just thought we should talk more ... .”

“I suppose that’s true ... .” His mom said slowly. She shook her head minutely as if to clear it and then gave Trent a small smile. “You’re right, dear. We should talk more.”

Grace put her book to one side and sat up, uncurling from her position on the couch to sit up straight. She looked at her son, giving him her full attention.

“what do you want to talk about?”

Holy fuck. Holy fuck. Trent was freaking out. It was such a little thing—probably something no one else would take note of—but for his mother to actually stop what she was doing and go along with something so inane was unprecedented. She had never ignored him, but would usually have no time for something as open-ended as ‘we should talk more’.

“Well actually ... .” Trent stalled. He hadn’t really thought that far ahead. The bottle had said that the woman would be unable to resist him—which he thought would be in the more immediate and sexual sense. Now that his mom was hanging onto his every word he had no idea what to say. He looked around desperately for inspiration and saw the pool in their backyard. “Why don’t we go for a swim! It’s such a nice day outside.”

“Oh.” His mother said. She frowned slightly. “I thought you wanted to talk?”

“Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about going for a swim with me.” Trent smiled uneasily.

“Um, I’m not sure if —.” Grace trailed off. She never went swimming with her son—not since he had been a little kid anyway. She enjoyed spending time alone too much.

“Mom.” Trent said. He took a nervous breath and tried to sound confident. This was working—how, he had no idea. Why, he couldn’t fathom. But there was no way he was going to stop here. His mom was actually going along with what he wanted! “Come out for a swim with me.”

Grace’s brow furrowed again and she took a deep breath as if to disagree. Then her face abruptly smoothed and she gave him a pleasant smile. “Alright, dear. You are right—it is a nice day.”

Holy Fuck. Trent thought again as he rushed to get changed into his board-shorts. He couldn’t believe this was happening. His dick was already hard as he made his way outside to the pool. He tried to adjust himself so that it wasn’t too noticeable as he waited for his mom to join him.

Trent’s draw dropped as his mom exited the house and he quickly looked away so that she wouldn’t notice. She was wearing a dark one-piece swimsuit with small panels cut away on either side above her hips. Trent knew how phenomenal her body was but like this—encased in the dark skin-tight fabric of her swimsuit—she looked divine. His mom walked up and stood opposite, looking at him awkwardly. Even though she was going along with what he wanted some part of her wasn’t used to being so exposed to him.

“You look great, mom.” Trent said without thinking. He coughed to hide it and quickly added on. “Let’s jump in!”

“Hang on, I really should put sunscreen on first.” His mom said absently.

“Oh.” Trent said, looking longingly at the water. He was really worried his mom was going to notice his erect cock.

“Trent, you should put some on as well.” Grace said. “You need to look after your skin. Do you think it’s just chance that my skin still looks good at my age?”

“You say that like you’re old.” Trent said wryly. She was only in her late thirties—the benefits of being a teenage bride—but he did have to admit that her skin looked flawless.

Trent watched as his mother applied sunscreen, his eyes hungrily following his hands as she rubbed it onto her shoulders and arms. Giddiness at how well it was all going made him bold.

“Do you need help putting that on?” Trent burst out.

“What?” Grace said, startled. She gave Trent a searching look before saying in a dry tone, “I think I can manage.”

“Mom, you should let me help you.” Trent insisted. He stood even closer to her. “Otherwise you won’t get it on evenly.”

“Trent, I said it’s fine.” Grace said, sounding a bit irritated. Then she took a breath and it faded as she scented what he was wearing. She gave her son an awkward smile, sounding hesitant even as she spoke. “That’s nice of you to offer, but I’m not sure that would be proper.”

Trent stood even closer to his mom.

“Mom, there’s nothing wrong with me helping you. That wouldn’t be improper.”

“But you’d be touching me and ... .”

To Trent’s amazement he watched as his mother blushed prettily. She looked so cute!

“There’s nothing wrong with me touching you.” Trent said, attempting a confident smile. His voice cracked. “We are family after all.”

There was a long pause as his mom stared searchingly up at him.

“I suppose that’s true ... .” Grace stalled and then seemed to relax. “Well, I’ve already done my front so you can help me with my back.”

And then she turned and lay down on her front on a nearby sun bed like there was nothing weird at all about what was happening. Trent gaped as he stared down at his mother—shocked in stillness. In her position her rounded ass stuck deliciously up into the air, the swimsuit so tight it looked like a second skin. Even though it was a one-piece swimsuit, it was mostly backless and the smooth expanse of her skin on display made him shiver. Trent was powerfully reminded of how his mom had looked bent over the bed as his dad had fucked her.

“Trent?” His mother asked uncertainly. He couldn’t see her face. “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, mom.” Trent said gruffly. He knelt down beside her, glad she couldn’t’ see how much his hands were trembling. “I’m ready now.”

Trent gingerly applied sunscreen to her back, his eyes near popping out of his head as she watched his hands glide over his mother’s skin. He couldn’t help himself—he knew he was touching her more than necessary—his hands lingering on her silky skin—but he couldn’t stop. He actually had his hands on his mom—it was absolutely insane. Trent couldn’t believe that some random thing he bought online had actually worked.

Trent had spent as much time as he dared on his mom’s back. Even though she was letting him touch her, he still felt like she could tell him to stop at any second. Feeling very daring, Trent gathered himself and moved his hands down to his mother’s legs, starting at her ankles. He saw his mom’s body tense and she made a small noise of discomfort ... but then she took a deep breath and quietened down.

Feeling more confident by the second, Trent started to massage the sunscreen into his mom’s legs. He moved up her calves, loving her soft and smooth her skin felt under his fingers. When he reached the back of her thighs Trent almost lost it. Touching her so intimately was like a dream come true. His hands moved higher and higher, approaching the rounded curves of her ass. Trent was staring up between her legs towards her crotch, his mouth dry as he stared at the forbidden area so scantily covered by the tight swimsuit. He wanted to touch her more, so much more. Trent shivered as he watched his hands move closer, his fingers brushing the bottom curve of her ass-cheeks ...

“Thank you, Trent.” Grace said, getting abruptly off the sun bed. Her voice sounded a little shaken but she didn’t tell her son off for touching her. “Let’s get in the water, shall we?”

Trent watched as his mother quickly entered the pool, cursing himself for going too far. Or had he? It wasn’t like she had told him off—and considering that she would usually never have gone swimming with him let alone allow him to touch her ... .

But now he had a more immediate concern—there was no way that his mom would miss his dick the way it was jutting out from under his shorts. To stop her from seeing him, Trent took a quick running jump into the pool, sending up a huge splash.

“Don’t jump in the pool, dear.” His mom said disapprovingly once her son resurfaced.

“Sorry, mom.” Trent said, grinning at her. The wave he had made had caused her short hair to be slicked back and he thought it made her look a lot younger. It certainly made her look a lot sexier.

Trent swam circles his mom as she moved vaguely around in the water. He knew what he wanted to do next but he was scared of trying it. It took some doing for Trent to psyche himself up enough. He kept telling himself that he had nothing to worry about—that thanks to the pheromones he was wearing his mom would go along with whatever he wanted. She wouldn’t be able to resist. Hadn’t she let him basically feel her up just moments before?

Trent swam up behind his mom and gingerly hugged her.

“Trent, what are you —.” Grace stiffened as she felt her son embrace her from behind.

“I can hug my mom, can’t I?” Trent said. His voice sounded strangely husky to his ears. “Remember, we are family after all.”

“That’s ... true.” His mom sounded confused. She gently touched his forearm that encircled her waist.

“We should be like this all the time, mom.” Trent said, hugging her tighter. She was letting him do this—actually content in letting be physical with her. It was such a jarring change. She had never been a touchy kind of person.

“I’m not sure I want to go for a swim every day, Trent.”

“Yes, you do.” Trent said confidently. He was feeling giddy with his newfound power. He pressed himself hard up against his mom from behind—his erect cock nestling up between her buttocks. The feel of her ass on his crotch felt incredible and Trent couldn’t help but picture his mom how he had seen her when she was bound—when his dad was railing her perfect body. For the first time he seriously considered that he might be able to do that himself.

“Trent! What are you —.” Grace hurriedly broke away from her son, stopping a few lengths away from him. Her shoulder’s were tight and she glanced back at him, her face covered in shock.

Trent stared at his mother in bewilderment, completely lost as to what had gone wrong.

“I’m getting out.” His mom mumbled without looking at him. “I think I’ve had enough swimming for today.”

Trent watched as his mom got out of the pool. She didn’t stop to towel off, instead walking into the house while dripping water everywhere.

Trent rubbed a this face, filled with shock and fear. What had he done? Had he just been imagining everything that had happened? What the fuck had he done!

He rubbed his face again and stared down at his hands. At his dripping wet hands. Sudden realisation hit him and Trent felt like a complete and colossal idiot. He had applied a pheromone to his body and had then jumped into the pool. It had washed off! That, or the chlorine in the water had neutralised it somehow. If he had stopped to think for even a second he would never have done something so stupid.

Trent tried to look on the bright side—while trying to forget the look his mom had given him. It had worked! Perhaps not immediately or in the manner that he had thought it would, but it had certainly worked. His mom had listened to him and trusted what he had told her. And on top of that it seemed to have lasted as well—the pheromone Trent was wearing would have washed off by the time that he had hugged her in the pool. She had let him do that because of what he had told her when he was rubbing her sunscreen on. It was only when he had gone too far that it had all gone wrong.

If the pheromone worked—and it really did seem that it had—Trent now had to be patient. He had time—it was the school holidays after all. He had to gradually work his way up with his mom until she would let him do what he wanted to her. He had to build upon the previous foundations until she willingly took the role with him that he craved. Until she let him have sex with her.

To start with Trent was going to go inside after his mother and reapply the pheromone—to try and undo as much of the damage that he had caused as he could. He should be able to do that. He hoped he would be able to do that.

Resolved, Trent dried off and went to find his mother. Unfortunately he didn’t get a chance to do anything further—his mom avoided him for the rest of the day.