The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

For The Love Of Goddess Radha

By Nialvan

Chapter Ten: The fateful phone call

Sam was awoken from his nightmare/recollection by a frantic ringing sound. He looked around and realised that he was still in the study, the phone on his desk ringing frantically. Day had already broken. Checking the clock on the desk he was shocked to see that it was already 10 o’clock in morning. He couldn’t believe it! Something like this had never happened before.

After such an experience his impulse would have dictated to him to make his way to his drink’s cabinet. This is in spite of the fact that he was still suffering from the after effects of last night’s drinking session. However the frantic ringing of the telephone was giving him a headache.

Sam then picked up the handset and answered the phone.

‘Anita Nivas, Sam Kennedy speaking’ said Sam through the mouth piece of his phone his voice breaking.

‘Hello Mr. Kennedy, its L & S domestic employment agency again’ said the familiar voice of Affina.

‘I … what?’ slurred Sam.

‘L & S domestic employment agency’ said the voice on the phone. ‘You contacted us the other day regarding the recruitment of a domestic servant to work at your house’.

‘Oh y-yes … I remember’ stammered Sam.

Sam was somewhat surprised that the phone call was from the agency. He couldn’t believe that they operated on a Sunday. He had in all honesty thought it was a call from Ross who might have wanted to have a chat with him.

‘I hope I am not disturbing you’ said the voice of Affina. ‘I tried ringing your office but no one was picking it up. I guess you close your office on a Sunday. Anyway I thought I call you at your house. I hope you don’t mind’.

‘I-It is not a problem’ croaked Sam.

‘I have come to speak to you about your enquiry into Ms. Radha Padma’s availability’ said Affina.

The mere mention of Radha’s name caused Sam to gasp and shudder in astonishment. The timing came as a bit of a shock to him considering he was only just thinking of (or rather having a dream about) Radha. Christ he forgotten about his earlier enquiry regarding Radha.

‘Er … it is quite alright’ said Sam nervously. ‘I understand completely’.

‘I beg your pardon sir’.

‘A-About Radha’ slurred Sam. ‘I understand completely. I want you to know that I don’t want you to find me an alternative maid. I could manage on my own just fine’.

‘I am so sorry sir, I don’t understand at all’.

‘It is quite alright you don’t have to apologise’ said Sam. ‘Ms. Padma isn’t interested in working for me and I understand perfectly. It is her choice at the end of the day and I respect that. Thanks anyway for taking the effort to assist me. Er … if you just send me your bill to my address I will be happy to pay it. Would a cheque be fine?’

‘I am so sorry Mr. Kennedy I think you misunderstood’ said Affina.

‘No I haven’t misunderstood anything’ said Sam. ‘I know what you are trying to say. Don’t worry my dear. You have nothing to fear for I am a man of my word.

‘I am so sorry this is getting even more confusing’ said Affina. ‘Just what it is that you are trying to tell me?’

The lingering effects of alcohol were still present within Sam’s body. It made him light headed and brought out his Mr. Cheerful, Happy-go-lucky persona that only appears soon after he had hit the bottle.

‘The bonus I promised you’ slurred Sam in cheerful tones. ‘I-I do recall that I have agreed to give you a little bonus, haven’t I not?’

‘Mr Kennedy there is something that you must know’.

‘Yes admittedly I only promised to pay you on the condition that you are successful in persuading Ms. Padma to work for me’ said Sam in almost hysterical tones. ‘But still you did make the effort which of course is what counts at the end of the day I suppose. And I am not going to begrudge you for …’

‘Mr. Kennedy I must protest’ said Affina abruptly cutting off Sam in mid sentence.

‘No no no, I wouldn’t want to hear of it my dear’ said Sam. ‘I know exactly what you are thinking. You have failed to land the old battleaxe so you feel unworthy of taking your cut. Have no such fear my dear. You had a crack at it and that means something to me. So … how does Rs.2000 sound? Hmm?’

There was a short pause before Affina finally spoke.

‘Ms. Padma had agreed to listen to your offer of employment’ replied Affina.

‘Yes my point exactly …’ Sam then paused in mid-sentence. ‘I beg your pardon?’

‘Ms. Padma’ said Affina. ‘She is wondering if it is okay if she could start this Monday’.

‘You are joking aren’t you?’

‘No why would I be?’

‘Well is she insane?’ said Sam in disbelief. ‘Just why the hell would she wants to work for someone like me?’

‘Well you did offer to double her rate of pay’ replied Affina. ‘That is an incentive’.

‘Y-Yes I did, didn’t I?’ said Sam. ‘So she was after the money’.

‘Well at the end of the day that is what it is after all’ said Affina. ‘Everyone wants their own little slice of the cake’.

Sam couldn’t believe what he was hearing. It was so unexpected. He felt so delighted.

‘Yes you just hit the nail right on the head my dear’ said Sam triumphantly. ‘Everyone wants there own slice … and you will get yours. Ten thousand rupees is coming your way. Expect a cheque from me with you name on it anytime tomorrow’.

‘Rs.10,000!’ said Affina in shock. ‘Mr. Kennedy … that is awfully kind of you … but?’

‘No ifs and buts about it my dear’ said Sam interrupting the young woman in mid sentence. ‘You have no idea what Ms. Padma means to me. You will find out of course by the colour of your money when you finally get it. I have changed my mind. Rs.20,000 will be the figure of your bonus and don’t you dare reject it or I will be very offended. Do I make myself clear my dear?’

‘Yes … sir’ said Affina excitedly.

‘Tell the honourable Ms. Padma that she may start Monday morning’ said Sam. ‘I will have her room prepared for her’.

Sam then immediately slammed the phone down. He then got up from his chair.

‘By heck how in the hell did this happen?’ he slurred out aloud. ‘Why did she want to work for me after what had happened? Is there something that I am not aware of…?’