The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Free Ride

by Farleven

mc, nc, MF, FF

Chapter 1

The lush green lawns of the Neven academy were crawling with students and their parents. I looked down on them from my new dorm room window, allowing my eyes to sweep across the scene. Not only the people, but the academy itself. It was a remote campus, an island in a sea of wheat fields in western Nebraska, and an hour drive to the nearest one bar town. The campus itself was lovely, filled with buildings designed back when architecture was a symbol of grace and grandeur. To look at it was to be amazed, especially compared to the cookie cutter, concrete covered world that has taken over everywhere else.

I had fallen in love with the campus on my first visit, and from then on I knew I wanted to come here. The school was a wonder academically as well, with surprising quality in its math and science departments for such an out of the way school. When I received the letter telling me that I had received a full ride scholarship here, I literally fainted. I could scarcely believe it was true, but now I’m here, ready to begin this great adventure.

My mother put her hand on my shoulder as I looked out the window.

“Are you still sure you want to do this, honey?” She asked.

I turned to her, giving my best reassuring smile. “It’ll be okay, Mom. I know this will be hard on you and Dad, but I think I can do really great here. It’s only two years, then I’ll be able to come visit.”

The only real problem I had in deciding to go to Neven was their strange policy on leaving the campus. For the first two years of school, underclassmen can’t leave the campus. They explained it as a way of reinforcing the learning environment, as class went on continuously. Certainly there would be slow periods, but all students would be expected to keep working all year long. I found the thought of being able to devote myself to my studies very appealing, but still, I knew it would be hard on my parents. The full ride scholarship helped me to convince them, but I knew they would have preferred I go to a local state university instead.

“I know, we’re going to miss you, that’s all, Ana.” Mom reached over and gave me a hug, which I returned happily. I was going to miss them too.

We spent another quiet moment, looking out over the bustling campus before my dad stumbled in with the last of my moving boxes.

“Just like you girls to let me do all the work.” Dad laughed as he set down the box.

“Well, you aren’t going to have to look after me anymore, Daddy.” I smiled as I ran over and gave him a hearty hug.

Dad wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me for a bit. “I’ll always look after you, kitten, that’s what I’m here for.”

We exchanged a few more cautious comments, none of us quite sure what to say. Of course we didn’t need to say anything. I knew they wanted me to be happy, and even recognized the opportunity that Neven represented. The separation would be hard, but they couldn’t stand in the way of my future. Everything else was just trying to find ways to express these feelings without saying them out loud.

Finally, it was time to go. They would have a long drive back home, and I had my own life to begin as well. We walked down to the car, and held out for the final goodbye.

“Take care, Ana. Keep in touch.” Mom smiled as she hugged me, her lip twitching as she fought back her tears.

I couldn’t hold back mine, and my eyes began to overflow as we held each other.

Dad was next, and he simply held me without a word. I hugged him back as strong as I could, not wanting to let go of this moment. It would be the last time I would be in his arms for several years.

Then it was over, time for them to leave, and for me to get back to my room and unpack.

I’d barely walked back into my room, when a little wisp of a girl came barreling in with a duffel bag over her shoulder and three boxes in her arms. I grabbed the top two boxes before they tumbled over and set them down for her.

“Thanks, I don’t know how I made it this far. I’m Kylie.” She smiled as she set down her last box and tossed the duffel off her shoulder. Kylie was slightly shorter than I was with long brown hair running down to the small of her back. She had kind of an elf like face, which seemed appropriate for her slight figure.

“I’m Ana, I guess we’re going to be roommates.” I offered my hand and we shook.

“Unless this isn’t room 329.” Kylie laughed, quickly checking the number on the door.

“Nope, this is the right room. It’s got a nice view too.” I pointed out to the window.

Kylie bounced over to the window and looked out, survey the scene as I had only minutes before. “Ooh, girl, there’s some cute guys out there.”

I pulled myself up to the window and followed Kylie’s gaze. She wasn’t kidding either. That was something I hadn’t really thought much about. All the way through high school, I’d kept pretty much to my little circle of friends, too busy with classwork to let myself be distracted by boys much. I didn’t want to be another girl who lets relationships take over her life. It certainly didn’t help my popularity, but then I never had really fit in. I hadn’t worried about it then, securing my future was more important, and I had done a good job of that so far.

“Don’t tell me you were a bookworm in high school. No time for boys and all that nonsense.” Kylie smiled as I sheepishly looked out the window.

I just kind of nodded my head. I could feel my face redden in embarrassment.

“That’s okay, but now you can let loose. Besides, with three girls to every guy here, you’re going to have to be quick if you want a shot at any of them.” Kylie laughed.

That was something I hadn’t thought about before. I had considered the ratio beneficial before, less boys meant less chance for distraction by them. Now I began to see the down side, if I waited too long to fire up a social life I wasn’t going to find many unattached guys to hang out with.

“It’s not like I really need a boyfriend right now anyway.” I scoffed, trying to remain aloof about such things.

“Well, you might not have to go hunting, with a body like yours, you might just get a few solicitations.” Kylie smiled. “I suppose we should start setting up this place before we get too involved in extracurricular activities. Which side do you want?”

“This one’s fine, if you don’t mind.” I answered, pointing to where my stuff was already sitting. There wasn’t much difference anyway, the room was basically a box with two beds, two desks and a closet on each side. Not a lot to choose from. Kylie simply shrugged in response and began to crack into her boxes.

As we set up the room, I thought about what Kylie had said about my looks. I’d never really considered myself anything special, but I guess I wasn’t ugly or anything. I kept my light brown hair shoulder length and simple. I didn’t work out much, but I wasn’t in bad shape, though certainly not a stick figure like the fashion world loves. Sometimes I thought of myself as a bit chubby, but I knew better. Maybe I had some potential after all. It was something I would think about, and I was certain that Kylie wouldn’t let me forget either.