The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Gyges Experiment

Chapter 11

The sound of the beach was probably the last thing Griffin was expecting to hear. He had only been to the ocean once before, with his family; seemingly a hundred years ago. The waves were coming in repetitively, lapping quietly up the sandy beach he found himself on. He tried to tell himself that it was just a dream, but he knew that it could be more than that. The events of the last few weeks had definitely changed his opinion and judgements on what was and was not possible. The tree line behind him was out of place, though the beach was familiar. He put it down to being a combination of the beach he remembered as a child and beaches he had seen since on television. It extended as far as he could see in both directions, though he chose one over the other because he thought he saw a faint light in the distance.

Griffin trudged along the beach, not having any idea what else to do while he waited to either wake up or come back to some semblance of reality. The light was definitely there, though, growing in intensity as the distance was crossed. Even the smell of the beach was as he remembered it, fishy and musky, far from the idealized crisp ocean breezes people romantically envision. The air was nice though, and the light was slowly materializing into a cabin jutting out into the water, perched on a dock.

As he approached, he started to make out the form of a figure leaning against the railing, obscured by the shadows cast down from the lone light source.

“I figured that would be you.” A voice came through the night.

Lydia.

“Who else?” Griffin said, feeling a little more light-hearted on finding he wasn’t alone in this vision. “Figured you’d show up at some point as well.”

Griffin climbed the steps up onto the dock and walked out to where she was standing, still facing the water as it lapped softly against the pilings elevating it.

“So, you sleeping, or what?” Lydia asked.

“No, running an experiment.” He replied, claiming a spot on the rough railing next to her.

“I was in the middle of something myself, so thanks for that.” She said, wryly.

“Sorry. I wasn’t sure if it would pull you in or what would happen.”

“What are you trying to prove?” She said after a short pause.

Griffin thought about that for a moment. Probably not the best thing to say to a person, after all. “Trying to figure out the link between us.”

“That’s definitely a thing.” Lydia sighed. “Any luck?”

“Well, we’re both here.” Griffin said, forcing a laugh. “Can I ask you something?”

“Well, I’ve got nothing else to do, Grif.” She said, glancing briefly at him before turning her eyes back out to see. “The view is nice, thought. I’ve always liked the beach.”

Griffin saw that she was absentmindedly touching the beach tableau that adorned her midriff. The word ‘always’ struck a sour note in him. If he was right, she had just come into existence a few weeks ago, despite any memories she might have.

“What do you think the connection between us is?”

The silence lasted longer than was comfortable.

“I don’t know, Grif. You’re the genius.”

“You know I care about you, right?” He said, sliding his hand over on top of hers.

“You’re an open book, you do know that, though.” She replied, opening her fingers to allow his to intertwine with hers. “I know you’ve got a thing going with Naima.”

“I just want to…”

“It’s okay, really, Grif.” She said, squeezing his hand. “I’ve kinda started something new myself.”

“With Lisa?” He asked before he could stop himself.

She turned to face him, a surprised look on her beautiful face.

“Your book’s not really closed either.” He said, shrugging. “I’m happy for you.”

“Well, there’s that.” She said, actually laughing. I’d prefer we keep out of each other’s bedrooms though, at least if we’re not going to be together.”

Griffin almost snorted. “Yeah, it can get a little weird, can’t it.”

“So is this real, or is it something else?” She said, a serious look crossing her face.

“I think it’s a little outside of what we call real, but I think it’s kind of next to real, if you know what I mean.”

“Don’t go alternate-reality on me.” She said, her expression lightening.

“I’ll try to come up with another term, if you’d like.” He said, smiling.

“Asshole.”

They stared off into the water in silence together for a long time.

“Okay, getting bored.” She finally said. “There’s no television in there or anything and it seems like I’ve forgotten my phone in the real world.”

“Sorry about that.” Griffin said, smiling and shaking his head. “This isn’t really what I had in mind when I started.”

Lydia nudged her way between him and the railing, her narrow frame fitting perfectly between his arms. “Well, the least you can do is keep me warm while we wait for whatever the fuck is going to happen.” She said, pressing her body back against his.

Griffin felt that she was giving him as much warmth as he could give her; but from her it was an emotional warmth, a feeling of comfort that transcended every relationship he had ever had aside from that with Naima. Even that was different somehow, though. Thoughts passed in and out of his mind that it was due to her likely being just a creation of his, a concretization of the events of his life. Who knew the life he had led so far would culminate in being the remarkable woman in his arms? He did love her and he knew it; but he also knew that it wasn’t really meant to be, that she was of him, but not made for him.

“I do love you, Grif.” She said, echoing his own internal dialog. “You know that, right?”

“I love you too, Lydia.” He said. She turned slowly in his arms and wrapped him up in a hug, her face pressed against his neck.

She pulled back a moment later and he surprised himself when he kissed her. It wasn’t something he had been planning to do, it just somehow felt right. The kiss was slow and sensual, the kiss of comfortable lovers versus the frantic, hungry kiss of first time partners. He suddenly remembered a moment from his childhood; the embrace of his mother in his bed at night, comforting him from a terrible dream.

“We could go inside.” Lydia whispered.

Wordlessly, Griffin freed her from the confined cell of his arms against the rail and followed her into the cabin, his eyes on the moving images that were a part of her; a part of him. Something was missing but he couldn’t put his finger on it.

The second kiss awaited him as she turned inside the doorway, her palms pressed flat against his chest as her lips met his. Thunderstorms and lightning. His father was giving one of his impromptu sermons at the dinner table, while his Sturm und Drang of Armageddon and damnation seemed to be egging on the wind and the rain outside. He pulled Lydia’s tight shirt up over her head, his fingertips tracing her arms as she raised them in the air to assist. Right there, on the inside of her left arm at the elbow, was a porcelain spot of skin. He had missed it before, but there was a spot where one of his memories would eventually play out for whomever she chose.

She melted into his arms as his lips touched that spot, then moved to the crease of her shoulder. She was being uncharacteristically submissive, as if allowing him total control and access to her body, a far cry from the feisty, nearly combative lover he had been with in the past. His lips locked on her breast, eliciting a gasp as his teeth gently tested her nipple. Walking in stutter-step backwards, his worship of her body took her to the foot of the bed, where he delicately and deliberately removed the rest of her clothes, as would a handmaiden care for her mistress. Ridicule and derision; they had picked on him, following him home from school every day, leaving him in tears in a puddle in the foyer, hoping his father wasn’t yet home.

He pressed her down to the bed and knelt before her, pulling her by the ankles to where her legs spread, offering him all of her pleasures. There was another bare spot on her inner thigh, next to a scene of wildflowers bowing and praising a passing wind. He kissed that spot, his lips and tongue moving higher, feeling the anticipation in the tension of her taut muscles. He could already smell his destination, sweet and natural, sparking his desire even more. As he continued, he thought of her life and what he hoped to give her.

Lydia felt odd, yet the pleasure he was giving her was so strong it was almost frightening. She could feel ripples of delight coursing through her body like a drug injected directly into a vein, spreading peace and happiness to every cell. She loved Griffin, and that was something she couldn’t reconcile. It was hard for her to even admit love for another in her own mind, yet through him it had happened, then again with Lisa. She hadn’t told the older woman that yet. She knew it wasn’t the fact that she was almost old enough to be her mother, that didn’t bother her; it was just her own personality. As Griffin pleasured her and she felt his hot breath between her legs, she shuddered, another isolated daydream crossing through her mind. Flowers, blowing in the wind. It wasn’t something she remembered from her life, just an isolated image; a short video playing in her mind as his breath matched the rhythm of the wavering blooms. She almost laughed aloud. She’s like the wind, she said in her head, remembering a verse from an old song. As his tongue entered her, the vision cleared. His firm hands on her upper thighs kept her legs spread wide and as she looked down at him, she saw the ink gracing her skin flowing, each vignette in full motion as seemed to happen when her emotions were at a peak.

Stop daydreaming, Lydia, she told herself. She had been having these waking dreams since he had first kissed her on the deck. This may be your last time with him, so pay attention and remember it, she thought.

Her body was alive with sensations, not only for her, but for him as well, assaulting his senses as he worshipped at the temple that was her body. Griffin knew that this was the last time he would be with her. One last farewell to a woman that somehow seemed so close to him, so dear. He felt her fingers on the top of her head, caressing and gently guiding his movements in a suggestive way rather than a demanding one. He reveled in her body; her taste, her smell, the sounds of her moans. Each seemed to drive his desire onward and upward. He pulled back, fumbling at the buckle of jeans, forcing them down and trying to keep focused, but the visions kept coming faster.

Pushing into her elicited a moan from each of them. He saw her as lost in bliss before having an image of being lost in a store, his mother’s hand lost and forgotten. It was immediately replaced with another, his first date. The lines between his waking world, even though it itself was likely not exactly real, and his accelerating visions was weakening.

He looked down at her in a moment of clarity that was brought about as she climaxed. In her throes of passion, he noted more blank canvas, an odd site on her body. Before his eyes, he watched an image on her left shoulder slowly fade away. It had been an image of a boat on a darkened sea. Suddenly he flashed back to an ill-fated fishing trip with his father. The storm had come quickly and the lake had become choppy, making him ill. As the vision finished, the tattoo was gone.

Lydia’s orgasm finally subsided as she watched Griffin’s face above her. The emotions on that visage were wavering wildly. She knew he was tormented, could just feel it. She pushed him back on his heels and quickly crawled to a kneeling position in front of him, wanting to pleasure him as much as he had her. Maybe it will soothe his soul, she thought as her lips circled the head of his cock.

“What are you drawing, Griffin?” His mother asked him. He had little memory of his mother, so the vision startled him.

“It’s the moon.” The child version of him said, beaming.

“I like the legs. It’s pretty.”

“The legs are so it can walk.” He said, pointing them out.

* * *

Lisa was sitting in the armchair next to the bed, swirling a white wine in a glass, watching her beautiful lover sleep. Just the sheer immensity of what had been happening to her was astounding. The tattooed beauty tossed slightly, letting the sheet slip off her body. Lydia had allowed her to see the ink moving, but no explanation she gave was adequate. It was an anomaly in a world where such things are usually hidden; unexplained and relegated to fantasy. As she watched, her eyes caressing that form as her hands had done previously, one of the images slowly faded, replaced by the creamy white skin that had formerly only been on display in a small number of places on the girl’s body. Her eyes darted back and forth, noting more expanses of white that she had never noticed before. She resisted the urge to wake Lydia up. Besides, from the sounds she was making, the dream was a good one. Lydia had told her that the tattoos appeared on their own; maybe this was just a similar process.

* * *

Griffin had pulled her on top of him and their bodies were locked together, her grinding her hips into his body passionately, her green eyes brilliant; the spring growth of new leaves burning in their brightness. The realization had come to him a few minutes back and for some reason he just accepted it. Neither shock nor surprise came, even though he had the feeling that those emotions were noticeably absent. The memories flooding his mind were coming from her body like a backup system restoring files to their original location, erasing the stored version. Despite his desire to explode and fill her body with his passion, he resolved to hold out until what seemed to be the destination.

Throwing back her head, Lydia gave out a primal scream as she came once again, bucking her hips back and forth on his penetrating cock. In her haze of passion, she did note the foreignness of the arms, hands flat on his shoulder blades, but nothing was stopping the momentum of her pleasure. She envisioned Lisa, being loved by this same beautiful soul, yet not a scrap of jealousy came. She felt love for both, burning and hot, an emotion that was just as foreign as the pale skin of the arms supporting her thrusts.

Wordlessly, they continued, each knowing that no words would be appropriate, even if they could manage to find them. Griffin took her from behind, his eyes watching the images fade one by one as they came back to him, his self-denied pleasure mounting to an almost painful level. He flipped her onto her back and entered her again, their eyes locked together in a gaze that defied words, even defied emotions.

“Grif, I love you.” She said, a single tear first pooling, then coursing down her cheek.

“I love you too. I always will.” Griffin replied.

Lydia shuddered in another orgasm, trigged by the sensation of his release. She could feel the flow inside of her, hot and electric. The world devolved into nothing but the spot where their bodies were joined and the electricity that was passing between them. She felt like she was going to pass out, just staring into his eyes. The one dim light in the room flickered out.

* * *

Griffin sat up on the bed in the darkness, already knowing that she was gone. He didn’t even have a lighter in this new apartment and the power was out. He pulled the shades and looked out, seeing nothing but the headlights of the cars on the freeway. This time, at least, he had set things up so that the unusual power draw would fall on the feet of the electric company; a bypassed breaker that could easily have been an employee’s hasty work-around. He patted around until he found his phone.

Dead.

Shit, Griffin thought. He made his way out of the apartment and down to his car, only one destination in mind.

* * *

“Lisa?”

Lydia had woken, pushing back the momentary confusion to place herself in Lisa’s bedroom, but the bed was empty save for her. She held her arms up to the shaft of moonlight pouring in through the huge window. Bare. Glancing down to her stomach told the same story. So it hadn’t been entirely a dream, she thought.

“Lisa?” She said again into the darkness. No response. She stood, allowing her eyes to adjust to the darkness. She found her lover, asleep in the chair. A wine class dangled precariously from her fingertips, a wet spot on the hardwood floor beneath it.

She bent forward, placing her lips on the other woman’s forehead. She had a fleeting moment of horror wondering if Lisa had only been attracted to her for the tattoos, but she pushed it aside. I’ve never felt this love before, she thought; it wouldn’t be for someone who only saw beauty skin deep.

Lisa’s eyes opened and the glass clattered to the floor, surprising her before she focused on the woman in front of her. “Lydia.” She sighed.

“Come to bed, love.” Lydia said, softly, taking her by the arm. She led her to the bed and slipped the silk robe off her shoulder. The two settled in, legs intertwined as Lydia spooned her, one arm draped over her shoulder.

“What do you want to do tomorrow?” Lisa said, softly, at the edge of sleep.

Lydia smiled. “I was thinking about going to get some ink.”

Lisa pushed back against her. “Nothing could make you more beautiful.”

The blush that crossed her newly unadorned body from head to toe was not seen, only felt by Lydia. I’m a new woman, she thought as she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep in her lover’s arms.

* * *

Griffin parked illegally in front of the curry restaurant, pausing for a moment to go to the one he longed for. As he sat, he watched the streetlights flicker on, almost one by one, followed by the lights of the shops along the street. He glanced up, seeing the light in the upstairs window.

Before he could open the door, Naima came running out, barefoot and smiling, her face showing signs of the tears she had shed. He stepped out and went to the passenger side, where she jumped into his arms, her lips immediately on his.

“I love you, Grif.” Was all she was able to manage.

The kiss faded and he lowered her delicate body to the ground, staring into his eyes as she turned her head to look up at his towering form.

“What do you think about Vegas?” Griffin asked, opening the passenger door.

Naima looked down at her bare feet, then back up at him, getting lost in his expression.

“Are you asking me to marry you, Grif?” She asked, softly.

“You know I’m not good with words.” He mumbled.

Naima wrapped her arms as far around him as she could, hugging him before slipping into the car.

“You’re fine Grif, just fine.”

END