The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Gyges Experiment

Chapter 5

Griffin couldn’t find any references online to explain a ‘walking moon’, but the image was fresh in his mind and wouldn’t go away. He even went to the trouble of looking to see if there were any astronomical occurrences that would happen on Friday, but he came up empty with that as well. The Tesla coil in his apartment lay dormant and he hadn’t been out all day. He didn’t even want to touch it because he was afraid, not only by what it seemed to be doing to him, but by the fact that he wanted to experiment with it again so badly. The tale of corruption from Plato was at the top of his consciousness and he didn’t want to go down that road, if he hadn’t already.

His phone rang and it was Donna. He just sat there and watched the screen as it plaintively asked him for attention before her name was replaced with the missed call notification. He needed to talk to someone, but she wasn’t the one and he knew that. Whether or not the events of the other night in her dorm were real, he just wasn’t able to face her, not even over the phone. The person he really wanted to talk to was Naima, though he didn’t want to bother her at this hour, likely her rush time down at the restaurant. Why didn’t he want to go directly to the source and find a way to talk to Lydia? He didn’t have an answer for that, other than possibly fear. Was he losing his mind, or had the machine affected him in a way that even he couldn’t put a finger on?

The voicemail notification buzzed on the phone after a minute or so, and he realized that the least he could do was to listen to it.

“I didn’t know how to reach you any other way, but we need to talk.” The voice on the recording said. Lydia.

“I don’t know what you’re doing, or what your game is, but we need to get together. I found your address in Donna’s stuff and I’m going to stop by and see if I can find you.”

The message ended abruptly and he found himself dialing the number back, but there was no answer, just Donna’s voice explaining that she couldn’t come to the phone. He looked frantically around the apartment, realizing that he was afraid of her. Why was that? He didn’t have an answer, but he found himself tying his boots and gathering up his things. There was no way he could face her, not after…he searched for the thought…not after whatever the hell had happened last night with the two girls at Professor Lorentz’s office.

Every step down to the ground floor he imagined her opening the door at the bottom of each flight of stairs, confronting him with questions that he didn’t have answers to, blaming him for something he couldn’t control. He felt the flight instinct flowing through him, one that he was all too familiar with, making him hide from the problems of his reality.

He pulled his phone from his pocket as he reached the final stairwell door, the one that would take him into the relative safety of the outside world, away from where the woman from his visions could find him. He was activating the combination that would turn it off when it rang, almost causing him to drop it as he startled more than even he felt comfortable with.

Lisa Martinez.

Griffin tried to get ahold of himself as he pressed the screen to connect the call, holding it to his ear.

“Griffin?” He heard the voice on the other end, realizing he had connected without saying a word.

“Sorry Professor, what’s up?” He said, trying to remain calm as he moved through the lobby, his eyes scanning back and forth, looking for the tattooed goddess.

“Lisa.” She said. “I’d feel more comfortable if you called me Lisa. Is this a bad time?”

Fuck yes, this is a bad time, he thought, but he softened his thoughts.

“No, sorry. Just having one of those days.” He said, trying to keep the telltale frustration and nervousness from his voice.

“Sorry, Griffin. I just wondered if you might be interested in going out to lunch or dinner or something, but I can let you go for now.”

“No, you’re fine, Pro..” He stopped himself. “Lisa. I think I’d like that, though I don’t know what kind of company I’d be right now.”

“You sound like you need someone to talk to.” She said. Griffin looked over at the curry restaurant as she spoke, knowing who he really wanted to talk to, but just then a gaggle of customers went through the door.”

“You may be right.” He said. “How about this afternoon?”

“I’m actually in your neighborhood right now.” Lisa said, the warmth in her voice coming through even on the less than perfect line. “You live down the hill, right?”

Griffin told her the name of the building. Most people in town knew it, even though it wasn’t somewhere the more affluent citizens would ever visit.

“I can be there in five. Maybe we can do lunch. There’s a nice curry place down there, but you probably know it.”

Griffin almost laughed. “Not really in the mood for a curry.”

“Okay, we’ll do something else. See you in a minute.”

He put the phone back into his pocket, almost laughing at the terror he felt. Why was he so afraid of Lydia? He scanned the street, wondering which woman in his life would arrive first. Surprisingly, he didn’t know which one he wanted to win.

Lisa won. He climbed into the passenger side of her car as she pulled up, noticing the genuine smile and the look in her eyes as she watched him slide in and buckle up. She really was beautiful, he thought. Was the age difference insurmountable?

“Any more thoughts on where you’d like to eat?” She asked, the smile continuing as it seemed to be taking over her whole countenance.

“For the life of me, I don’t know.” He said, laughing. “And I hate to be like that.”

“But you’re hungry?” She asked as she pulled back into the traffic.

“You wouldn’t believe it. Financial aid student, remember?”

She laughed with him. “Trust me, I’ve been there as well. I have just the thing.”

Griffin found that he was still watching the road and sidewalk, looking for Lydia. The car wound its way up the hill to one of the nicer neighborhoods.

“Hopefully I’m not crossing a line.” Lisa said, looking over at him. “I figured I’d just take you back to my place. I made a dinner last night, but it’s just me and I haven’t adjusted to cooking for one yet so there’s plenty.”

Griffin realized he knew practically nothing about this woman and her life, apart from her academic career and the pair of times they had been sexual together.

“No, that sounds great, Lisa.” He said, trying to get comfortable saying it in this context. “So were you married before?”

She looked at him, slightly shocked, but the expression quickly faded. “I guess I prompted that, didn’t I?” She said. “Yeah, I was married and he left me last year, without a word.”

“I’m sorry.” Griffin said, unable to find any better words.

“Que Sera.” She said. “I gave up on trying to figure it out.”

“Men are pigs?” He said, testing the waters.

Lisa Martinez almost snorted in laughter. “That’s right…present company excluded, though, right?”

“Jury’s still out, I’m afraid.” He added.

“I wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t been acquitted already, Griffin.” She said, her smile belying the seriousness of her statement.

“Well, thanks.” He replied. “Not sure what I’ve done to deserve that, but I appreciate the thought.”

“I’m not sure either.” She admitted. “But it’s there anyway.”

The food was good, Griffin thought as he sat across the table from his Professor and more recently, lover, Lisa Martinez. Though not a mansion, her place was nice; a relic of her days with her husband and not living on a teacher’s salary, as she was quick to admit.

“I’ve got a weird question.” Griffin prefaced. “Have you ever heard of a ‘walking moon’?”

Lisa looked up at him as he continued to eat. “Never heard of it, is it a folklore thing?”

Griffin realized that he hadn’t really thought about how to explain why he was asking. “No, I just heard the phrase somewhere and couldn’t find a reference to it anywhere.”

“Are you big on folklore stuff?”

“Well, sort of. I’ve been re-reading a little Plato lately.”

“Oh, which stuff?”

“The Republic.”

“Oh.” Lisa said, her eyes lighting up. “Lots of good morality stuff in there.”

“Well, specifically the story of Gyges of Lydia. I’m interested in the morality aspects of that one.”

“Whether anyone could be truly moral and righteous if there was no chance that they could ever be caught for their misdeeds?”

“What do you think?” He asked, looking across the table at her.

Lisa seemed to ponder that one for a moment before responding. “Morality is pretty subjective, in my opinion. What one person considers to be immoral, another may find perfectly acceptable, at least in the absence of religion.”

“I’m not really the religious type.” Griffin admitted.

“My husband was. Maybe it’s one of the factors of why he left, which is actually pretty ironic when you think about it.”

“So you’re not?” Griffin asked.

“Not a bit.” She said, looking at him seriously. “Besides, even I could believe, I have some issues with the personality traits of most descriptions of a divine being.”

“Well, that we can definitely agree on.” Griffin said, smiling. “Damn, this was good. The starving student really appreciates it, Lisa.”

“It’s the least I can do…” She said, hesitating. “After…”

“Is that what you wanted to talk about?” Griffin said.

Lisa let out a big sigh, but her face was still happy, if not a little distracted.

“I’ve never done anything like that before.” She said, softly.

“Do you think I have?” Griffin said lightly, trying to keep the mood positive. He wasn’t sure where she was going.

Lisa Martinez blushed. Her naturally dark skin played up the flash of color beautifully. “No, I definitely wasn’t implying that…”

Griffin laughed. “Sometimes things just happen.”

Her face sobered a little bit. “That’s just it.”

“What’s that?”

“I can’t really figure out why it happened.” She paused for a second, then added some clarification. “Not that I’m not happy that it did, I just don’t know where it came from.”

He made a quick calculation in his head. He didn’t really want to clue in another person; Naima already knew his secret and he wasn’t even sure how he felt about that. It had just happened. No sense in getting this tangled up even more, though if he did, Lisa’s knowledge of electrical engineering might come in handy to possibly explain the effect.

“I’m glad it did too.” Was what he settled on, reaching his hand across the surface of the table and taking hers. He pushed out his chair and stood up, walking over to her side of the table. He leaned over, catching her somewhat off-guard as he kissed her unprepared lips. She scooted her chair out as well and laughed almost girlishly as he picked her up in his arms, her legs dangling as she slung her hands around his neck.

“You’re going to have to give me directions.” Griffin said as he looked around.

Lisa Martinez laughed.

* * *

The morning was warm, still holding out some of the heat of the previous day. The stillness of the air accentuated that fact, making it seem even more overbearing than it otherwise would be. Griffin was sweating, but not just because of the heat. The warm sheen that covered his whole body was due more to his adrenalin levels than the actual temperature outside, much less the relatively cooler interior of the bank. He had made his way behind the counter, having realized the night before that he couldn’t do much further testing on his device until he could get out of his apartment. The power outages and blown circuits would start attracting more focused attention sooner or later.

If he was going to do this, he had resolved to do it big so he wouldn’t have to repeat the process over and over again. Unfortunately, he hadn’t given himself much time to case the joint. He almost laughed at his own thoughts. Yep, casing banks now, he thought. So much for Plato’s question. The only logic he was using at this point is that if counts of some sort were made in the morning, his heist wouldn’t be noted until the ending counts for the day, if any.

He had been behind the counters in the employee area of the bank for over an hour and hadn’t come up with a solid plan, other than walking out with a few thousand from one of the tills, but even that would likely be noticed quickly. Stressed and impatient, he had almost made the move for a small score when the situation changed. Two armed security men came into the bank and were greeted by the manager. After a few minutes of observation, Griffin followed them as they carried a large bag out to their waiting truck. The whole thing was over in a matter of seconds. As they loaded the armored car, Griffin took hold of another bag, careful to not touch either of the men as they apparently checked forms and compared notes. Let it be invisible now, he thought, as he pulled, sliding the bag out with one outstretched arm. As one guard went to the passenger side of the vehicle, the other climbed inside, coming within centimeters of touching Griffin’s arm. The door attempted to close, but the bag was still in the way. He quickly dragged it free, and with a puzzled look, the guard successfully slammed the back doors of the truck.

Griffin drew in a sharp gasp as the truck pulled off into traffic.

It was a lot of money. He didn’t even bother to count it and was honestly more stressed about hiding it than he was knowing the final tally. There’s no way to track me, he thought, but it didn’t alleviate his concern. He pulled out a bundled stack of twenties, at least comforted that they weren’t sequential. Maybe on the way in, he thought, but not on the way out. He buried the bag under the massive pile of laundry he had accumulated over the last week, keeping out the first bundle. Even this is more money than I’ve ever had in my hand at once, he thought.

Naima put up a struggle, but she finally let Griffin pay for his lunch. Nitya was still away, but the restaurant was quiet. As of yet, he noted no sign of police, sirens, anything. Most likely they would have no idea where on their route the money had disappeared.

“You seem happier.” She said, setting the food down in front of him. The heady smell was a welcome one, even at the early hour.

“I’m getting it figured out.” He shrugged. “The kinks and all.”

Naima laughed. “Kinks. I bet.” She gave him a smirk.

“You know what I mean.” He said, smiling back at her.

Griffin watched her as she tended to the few customers, stopping by every chance she could to chat. She was a delightful little package, from her jet black hair to her dark, beautiful complexion.

“Hey?” He asked as she stopped by his table, filling his glass.

“Yes, I’d love to go out sometime.” She grinned as he sat there gawping.

“Dinner, tonight?” He said. After everything, the shyness hit him like a hammer blow.

“I’d love to.” She said. “Anything besides curry works for me.”

Griffin laughed as she spun and walked over to another table. A date. Well, that’s a first, he thought.

* * *

Sleep was definitely on the agenda. As he lay peacefully on the couch, his eyes on the machine that had done so much to shape his life lately, he could feel it coming. The occasional uncontrolled twitch that startled him out of the hazy fog of drifting consciousness and the stillness of the room were definitely taking hold. He wasn’t sure how long it had been since he’d been out, but the knocking on the door slowly brought him around. Several possibilities came into his head as he crawled off of the couch; too damn low for me, he thought absently. None of them were particularly good. The police. Doubtful. Lydia? Possible. He just wasn’t ready for that one. Lisa Martinez? Though he knew she could look him up in the school database, it didn’t seem like something she would do.

He closed one eye and pressed the other against the cloudy lens of the peephole. It was generally only clear enough to give him an impression of height; on a good day, male or female. Short, female, he decided. The vague description didn’t match any of the circumstances he was afraid of, so he opened the door.

Donna was standing in the door. She looked up at him as his bleary eyes attempted to return the favor.

“Donna?”

“Thanks, love. You can go home now.” A voice out of his field of vision said. Donna looked towards the source, then turned and walked off.

“We can’t avoid this forever.” The voice said as it came into view, immediately dispersing the clouds in his head like the morning sunrise.

Lydia.

She was wearing a tank top in a dark brown, but even that color popped in contrast to the vast patches of dark ink extending almost up to the nape of her neck. She invited herself into his apartment, closing the door behind her.

The two relative strangers stood a few feet apart, the silence in the room that had been so peaceful a minute ago having turned into the pause of the Sword of Damocles. Most women were intimidated by him, no matter how hard he tried to avoid it. This one was actually confronting him, nothing but a steadfast resolve in her eyes.

“So who the fuck are you?” She asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

“I’m just a guy.” Griffin said, feeling the tables of intimidation turning on him. “Why do I keep seeing you?”

“I’m supposed to answer your question after ‘I’m just a guy’ in response to mine?” She said, glaring. “I could ask you the same question.”

“I don’t have an answer for you.” He said. “Look, if this is about Donna…”

“It’s not fucking about Donna.” She said, looking around the room. “She’s a smart kid, but I swear you could just swing photo of a pocket watch in front of her face and she’d do anything you ask. Some people are easily suggestible.”

Griffin felt a little bit defensive. “Hey, I didn’t do anything that…”

“Yeah, kind of a slut, too, but like I said, that’s not what this is about. Why do I keep seeing you everywhere?”

Griffin almost sputtered. He wanted to say something about the other night in the Dale, but he didn’t want to lay those cards down. If that had really happened, she had known that he was there; she had seen him.

“Okay, I think we’d better sit down.” Griffin said, breaking the eye contact. “I know I should, at least.”

Lydia stood there almost breathing fire, but it slowly burned out, leaving just a wisp of smoke, centered on her eyes.

He sat and she moved to the armchair facing him, crossing those long, inked legs slowly and deliberately, almost daring him to stare at them. He fought the compulsion; wanting to inventory each design, each…story they had to tell. He kept eye contact.

“I’ve been seeing you as well.” He said, shakily. Why did this woman intimidate him like this?

“It’s even in my dreams.” She countered. “So who the fuck are you?”

Griffin shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know how to answer that.”

“So what do you know?”

He sat in the chair, just staring at her for a few minutes. She seemed to be unwilling to give any ground. He just didn’t know what to say. She was incredible. He realized that this was the longest and closest he had looked at her since they had met, at least if you dismissed hallucinations or visions; whatever they happened to be. There was something about her, definitely; he just couldn’t put his finger on it.

“This device over here.” He said, looking off to his right.

“Some sort of Tesla coil, right?”

“It makes me invisible, unless someone touches me, then they can see me.”

He wasn’t sure what had made him say it and fully expected her to either laugh or look at him with the withering glare of disgust he had seen before; or had he actually seen it?

“At this point, I’ll believe anything.” She said. Her eyes were still on the machine as she spoke and he took the opportunity to let his eyes wander down from those supple thighs to her knees and calves.

“That doesn’t explain this, though.” He admitted, alluding to her very presence in the room. “I ran into Donna in the halls and we went out on a date. That’s when I first saw you.”

“Like I said, this isn’t about Donna.” She said, her eyes returning to his. “Ever since that, though, I’ve been having…”

“Visions?” Griffin finished.

“Something like that.” She said, her eyes focused somewhere past his own.

“Do you know what a ‘walking moon’ is?”

Her eyes didn’t move, but he saw their focus slip. She didn’t seem to be approaching an answer, so he followed up.

“You told me about it in one of my visions. When we were…” He suddenly realized he wasn’t quite prepared to go there.

“Having sex?”

Griffin could feel the unwanted flush spreading across his cheeks. He didn’t think she’d notice it in the dimly lit apartment.

“Yeah, I had that one too.” She said, her piercing green eyes still locked on his, though somehow a little softer.

“I really don’t know how to come back from that one.” Griffin said, and a smile started to form on his lips. It felt out of his control.

She stared back at him for a moment, then the eyes got a little softer. “Yeah, not sure what I expected you to say, either.”

The two sat in silence, a little more comfortable than the last, yet still thick and ominous.

“So that’s your secret, huh?” She said, breaking the eye contact and turning back to the Tesla coil setup.

“Yep.” He said, then surprised even himself. “What’s yours?”

Lydia’s eyes snapped back to his, a mixture of hostility and defensiveness. He did his best to hold his own ground as well as she had earlier.

“I don’t know how to explain it.” She said, her eyes actually going down to her lap for the first time in their conversation.

“So there is one?”

“Everyone has their secrets.” She said, softly.

Griffin laughed and watched her eyes come back up to his. “Most people’s secrets are things like they steal office supplies from work. I turn invisible and people only see me when I make contact with them. Any explanation would probably help.”

Lydia’s eyes softened again. “Some of my pieces move.” She said. “If I want people to see them.”

“I saw them move in my visions.” Griffin said, sitting a little more forward on the couch. “But there’s more, right?”

“They can make people…” She hesitated.

“Suggestible?”

Her eyes looked amazed.

“Donna. When you came here. She wasn’t exactly herself. You made her bring you here so I would see you. You said it yourself.”

“You believe me?”

“I have no reason not to.” Griffin replied. “After what I’ve been through lately.”

“So where do we go from here?” She asked.

“Now that’s a question that I don’t even vaguely have an answer for.” He admitted.

He knew it was wrong, but he wasn’t quite ready to discuss the second aspect of his powers. Apparently Lydia could manipulate people’s minds as well, but he kept that card hidden.

“I should probably go. I’m sorry I barged in on you like this.” Lydia said, standing. Griffin pulled himself up from the couch.

“What’s happening on Friday?” He asked, suddenly.

“Are you asking me out or something?” She asked. He noted that those eyes definitely weren’t angry.

“In my vision, you said the ‘walking moon’ was this Friday. Do you know what that means?”

“I’ve never heard of it before.” She said. The two were just standing, facing each other.

“We could, though.” He said, then caught her look. “Get together again, I mean. I could show you…”

Lydia glanced at the machine with him. “Friday?”

“It’s as good a time as any.” He shrugged.

“It’s a date. Eight o’clock, here?”

Griffin led Lydia to the door, his eyes tracing from the ends of her short hair down her perfect body to those legs, his eyes lighting first on one piece, then the next.

When she was gone, Griffin sank back down into the couch. The thought of Naima and their date later in the evening went through his head and within minutes, the alarm clock sounded, jarring him. He looked at it wearily before tapping down on the button that would silence it. He thought about Lydia and her visit, then had a thought that jarred him even more than the alarm. Had she really been there?

* * *

The visions of Lydia let him rest during his date with Naima. He wasn’t sure whether it was the company, or the fact that he had actually spoken to and seen the mysterious woman that afternoon. He wasn’t even positive that the conversation had happened and he might not know the truth until Friday, the day of the walking moon.

“You seem a little distracted, but I guess that’s understandable.” Naima said as they came back through the door into the restaurant.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I had a really good time, though.” He said. “It was nice to get out.”

Naima took his hand and led him behind the counter. “It was. I’ve just been working non-stop since I got here and you’re pretty much the only friend that I have.”

She led him upstairs to a cozy studio space, decorated warmly in bright colors and patterns.

“This is actually a lot nicer than I expected.” Griffin said as she gestured him towards a chair.

“Thanks.” Naima said, then grinned. “Close your eyes.”

“Why?” Griffin asked, though he complied with her request.

“Just going to put something more comfortable on. No peeking.” She said, then added. “Not that you couldn’t have already, right?”

“I’m trying not to be a perv.” He said, smiling.

“I don’t think you’re capable of that.” She said. He could hear the rustling of fabric and drawers being pulled open and shut.

“Honestly, I’m not sure what I’m capable of anymore.”

“I’m usually a good judge of character.” He heard her say. “And I do have you in my apartment, so points for that.”

“So, harmless?” He asked.

Naima laughed, a melodic sound that made him smile even more. “Mostly harmless.”

Griffin laughed. “Oh, I think I like you even more after that.”

“I’m a nerd at heart.” She said. “You can open your eyes again.”

He opened his eyes and saw her immediately. She was wearing a flowing striped gown, almost like an oversized shirt. He could tell that it wasn’t intended to be something that would bring out the more prurient thoughts in a man, but he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

“Wow.” Griffin said, softly.

“Now that’s an honest compliment.” She said, sitting on the edge of the bed next to the chair.

“If I didn’t know you better, I’d think you were trying to seduce me.”

“If I were trying to seduce you, I’d wear something a lot sexier than this.” She said, pulling at the fabric. “Why, do you want me to seduce you?”

Griffin was at a loss for words. Even though he had been finding himself a lot braver around women lately, it was just the power. Situations like this one and with Lydia earlier still almost made him shake in his boots.

She grinned and let him off the hook. “This is just what I wear to bed, silly man.” She said, leaning back and propping herself against the pillows. Her long black hair draped across her chest, its waves tracing the contours of her breasts.

“I’m sorry, I just…” Griffin said, awkwardly.

“Don’t be sorry.” Naima said. “Close your eyes again. I don’t want you getting all flustered on me.”

Griffin closed his eyes and heard rustling movements again. As awkward as it was, this was the most comfortable he’d been with anyone in a long time. The conflict in that didn’t go unnoticed. The sounds of movement stopped, then came closer to him. Just as he was wondering when she was going to let him open his eyes again, he felt the soft touch of her lips, wet on his. Eyes still closed, the kiss deepened and he had a fleeting moment of panic that when he opened them again, it would be Lydia.

The kiss finally broke.

“You can open your eyes again, if you want.” Naima said softly.

“I’m not sure how that was meant to make me not so flustered.” He said as he opened his eyes, eye-level with her smooth, bare stomach. As his eyes went up, past perfectly shaped breasts, her brown eyes met his. She climbed into the chair with him, her knees spread and outside of his legs, her hands going around his neck.

“I just thought you might need a little nudge in the right direction.” She said, her lips dipping to his for another slow and sensual kiss.

The second kiss lasted longer. He could feel the slender shape of her body pressed against him, warm and soft; even through his clothes. His hands went tentatively to her back, feeling the silk of her delicate skin on his rough fingers, even the slight raise as his touch caused a ripple of goosebumps to expand out from his hands. They overpowered his own hesitation, sliding down to her hips, then converging, each cupping a cheek of her tiny ass, a squeeze eliciting a minor burst of sound from between their lips as her body continued to melt into his. His grip firm, Griffin used his core strength to lean forward and slowly rise to a standing position, the beautiful Indian girl strapped around his front, her lips still hungrily attacking his. It only took one step before he was lowering her onto her back on the bed. As gravity took hold for her once more, he felt her legs unwrapping from his hips where she had clung tightly to him. He broke the kiss, pulling back enough to focus on her eyes.

“Well, you’re definitely making me feel less awkward.” He said, his lips going to the curve of her chin, then to her throat as she tilted her head back, offering it to him.

“Someone had to.” She said in a mixture of a laugh and a sigh as his lips continued their downward trajectory, brushing one of her dark nipples which quickly responded as if he had splashed her with cold water.

Words suddenly seemed unnecessary after that. His lips locked tightly on one of those tender spots, her sounds adequately granting him the permission he needed to continue on, his fingers replacing his lips on her breasts as he shifted his weight, going lower as he slid off the edge of the bed to his knees. Naima spread her legs seductively and his eyes traced the gentle slope of her thighs as they met between her legs, dark hair perched atop her flesh, dark at the edges with just a hint of pink as it lightened towards the center. Hands still on her hips, his lips went to her as if drawn forward by a pulley, the gravity of his desire for her uncontrollable.

Naima approved wordlessly as his tongue dipped inside of her, parting her folds as she spread her legs even wider than before, as if to provide him direct access to the center of her own desires. It didn’t escape him, even at that moment, that she was the first girl he had been with that hadn’t been a result of his ability to manipulate; an ability he didn’t yet fully understand.

* * *

Lydia threw off the sheet as the humidity in the air had combined with the sensations on her skin to make her feel sticky and uncomfortable. She couldn’t stop thinking about him. Griffin. What was it about him that made him keep popping up in her thoughts? She pictured him in her head. Full, dark lips as the focal point of a face that wasn’t exactly her normal picture of handsomeness, yet was somehow erotic and enthralling. The mental image of his lips and the sensations that had woken her meshed oddly and she could feel him. His hands on her hips, his lips…his lips on her, his tongue… She gasped out loud, looking down at her own exposed body as she imagined him touching her, tasting her. As this fantasy went, it was stronger than the previous ones, she thought, then pushed it out of her mind. Don’t stop enjoying the cure because you think it might be a placebo, she thought. Why should it matter that it isn’t real? Her hands went between her spread thighs, though instead of the silk of her own inked flesh, she could almost feel the bristled closeness of his closely-cropped hair. She embraced the sensation, knowing full well that the sensation of his tongue inside of her was just her own middle finger, her palm cupping and pushing down on her clit. Letting that go, she devoured every movement hungrily, running her fingers through that imaginary hair as she guided him to just the right spots, just the right movements. She felt the involuntary arch of her own back as her hips slowly lifted up off the damp sheets.

* * *

“Wow.” Naima said, panting. Griffin’s cheek was resting on her inner thigh and her hand rested softly on his upturned temple. “I feel like I should be thanking you for that.”

“I don’t think that’s necessary.”

“Thank you.” She said, caressing his face. The two maintained their position for a minute or two before Griffin leaned back on his heels.

“Stand up.” Naima said, pulling her legs into her and sitting up. She followed him to a standing position. “Someone’s gotta be in charge around here.” She laughed.

“Apparently, that’s not me.” He said as her fingers went up to his top shirt button, unclasping it before moving to the next.

“Anytime you’re ready, Tiger.” She said, working the third button with one hand as the other one slid inside of his shirt, grazing his chest.

“I think you’re doing just fine.” Griffin said, watching as she pulled his shirt tails out of his pants. “I’m a modern type of guy.”

“That you.” Naima said, her hands going to his belt as he shrugged the shirt off over his shoulders.

Yanking the belt through the loops as he cupped her face in his hands, leaning down to kiss her, he felt the button of his pants loosen. As she lowered his zipper, he felt his own hardness straining to escape, her fingers brushing lightly across it as she pushed his pants over his hips. Her hands went back to his chest as she left him to kick off his shoes and step out of them, her lips still hungrily on his as they fumbled with his clothes.

Naima laughed as he stumbled forward, knocking her back on the bed as he fell with her, still kicking the pants off his ankles as she locked her wrists around his neck, scooching backwards as he struggled to bring her to the center. She showered him with kisses as her hands hooked in the waistband of his shorts, encouraging him to make them go away as her arms weren’t long enough to make any progress on her own. He felt like a teenager again as he stripped them off, his socks forgotten and irrelevant at this point as his own body sank between her outstretched legs, her eyes drawing him in almost hypnotically, her infectious smile permeating his thoughts. As he shifted his weight, finding his target, he pressed forward, those eyes going wide as he stretched her, the wetness of her previous climax allowing the tightness of her body to be his only obstacle.

* * *

Still recovering from her self-induced orgasm, Lydia felt the heat inside her; felt her body parting as the invisible presence entered her, splitting her open like nothing she had ever experienced before. She gasped. This wasn’t her. The fingers of both hands were gripping the sheets and part of the pad beneath, white-knuckled as she experienced a feeling of sexual intensity like nothing she had ever felt before. That’s when she realized she could smell him, or at least she imagined she could. It was almost certainly the smell of a man, the pheromones sending signals of heat and desire from her nostrils to the center of her body, stopping in her brain to fill her with lust.

Despite herself, and almost secretly, Lydia whispered his name to the emptiness of the darkened room. Griffin.

* * *

Panting almost desperately, Naima felt his body finally pressing against hers, buried deeper in her than she had ever thought possible. He lay still, his eyes looming down on her with a mixture of passion and concern that touched her in a completely different way.

“It’s okay. It’s okay.” She whispered as best as she could. His concern started dissolving as he noticed her panting and strained look turning to a ray of amusement.

“What?” He asked, softly.

“Holy shit, Grif.” She laughed, pulling his lips down to hers with her arms, draped around his neck.

He kissed her, though both their smiles made it difficult. It lightened the mood, however. He felt more comfortable with her than he had with any of his recent lovers, and it hadn’t escaped his mind that he had yet to see Lydia. Tentatively, he moved his hips gently, seeing the encouragement in her eyes as he slowly slipped out an inch before sliding back in. Watching her eyes, the eagerness he saw there made him even harder than before. He felt her small body wrapped around his, invaded by his; his larger frame dwarfing her in the bed, in the room above her brother’s restaurant. Even though he hadn’t manipulated her at all, at least that he was aware of, he did realize that even this moment had come about from his powers. He would have never have even talked to her, much less this. Was this corruption? He didn’t feel that it was.

* * *

Lydia’s body rocked with another orgasm as her invisible lover stretched her body, filling her deep, his weight crushing down onto her over and over again, sometimes making it hard to draw a breath as her own panting threatened to hyperventilate her. Unlike a fantasy, it wasn’t just focused on the center of her pleasure, it was everywhere, his body all over her. His smell, his touch on her breasts, her legs. She saw him in her mind’s eye, heard his passion in her ears, but those weren’t the same sensations. She felt him. Felt him touching her, driving her body wild with uncontrolled passion. Her heart sank as she collapsed, quivering in the bed, realizing that the most intense sexual experience of her life had just happened; and it had been a fantasy.

* * *

The sweat on his brow was threatening to drip down onto her sweet face as he kissed her, so he drew himself out, being so much larger than her, his head extending past her own as she shook under him in the intensity of her orgasm. Her body took him easily as he drove in and out, her lips repeatedly forming the syllables of his name, sometimes audible, sometimes in a barely intelligible moan. She must have been in tune with his body because her hands wrapped around his hips, pulling him in closely as he tried to pull out of her body.

“No, inside me.” She whispered, her eyes looking above her head to his. “Please.”

As Griffin sank back down, filling her once again, he felt his inhibitions, his worries, just about everything as they faded into the background. The pulsing of his hard shaft as she clutched it tight inside of her drained him as he pumped over and over again, deep inside of her. He could feel it seeping out from between their joined bodies as it just didn’t have anywhere to go; yet on it went.

He saw a look of calm wash over her face that reflected his own feelings of peace as her body seemed to draw him in; not just where they were connected, but every inch where their flesh touched. His brow touched the sheet above her head and he felt her arms go around him, initiating even more of that pleasant, peace-inducing contact.