The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Making Them Do Things: The Contest

By Mountain Man

I can’t say for sure whose idea the contest was. Well, I guess when you get down to it, it really was my idea, but one that she quickly embraced. In a way, it’s odd how it all happened. I mean, I’ve played out scenes of “resistance” and “seduction” with a number of women, but they’ve all been fascinated by the fantasy and wanted the experience. With April, it was different. She wasn’t drawn by the fantasy at all; for her it was simply a challenge. She loves a challenge, and loves to win. And so do I. And that’s what it was about—each of being sure that we were right, and each of us wanting to be a winner. Hence the contest, and the joy of contending, and the joy of winning.

I’ve known April for years. We were part of the same crowd in college. For a very short while we dated, although we never got past the “goodnight kiss” phase. I would have happily had a relationship with her; in many ways she is my dream woman—smart, funny, beautiful. She has a strong, competitive personality, but is surprisingly easy to get along with. I had a rough couple of weeks after she told me that we weren’t meant for each other, and that she’d met someone else. But since our social life threw us together, it wasn’t long before we returned to our easy camaraderie.

After graduation, I didn’t see April for a number of years. When I finally moved to the city where April lives (for reasons having nothing to do with her), I looked her up. Quickly we fell into a relaxed and comfortable friendship. She was recently divorced and just starting to date; I was still single. We kept it “just friends” though. I have to admit, I lusted after her a bit, but I kept that to myself. “Once burned, twice shy,” as they say. Although I was often out of town, when I was around we’d meet every two or three weeks for dinner or a weekend outing.

We used to get together regularly at the club which booked my act once a month. Sometimes she’d meet me after the show, other times taking me up on the offer of a free pass to watch my routine. Watch, but never participate. She always claimed she wasn’t interested; I suspect that secretly she felt threatened, perhaps a bit afraid of what she might experience. Be that as it may, I certainly never pushed, and she was happy to attend and observe. Often she had perceptive comments on ways to improve my show, and I was always appreciative.

Oh yes, my shows. I’m a stage hypnotist. You know, “Look deeeeeeply into my eyes. You are getting heavy, sleepy, and will soon do anything I tell you as you submit to my deep hypnotic power.” The crowds just love it! But don’t be fooled; just because part of the show is hamming it up, don’t for a moment be tempted to believe that hypnosis is a fake, or that hypnotic suggestion is anything less than extremely potent.

April and I used to argue about this incessantly. She was a disbeliever. It was almost an article of faith with her that hypnosis is bunk, and that the volunteers in my show are all attention-seekers who fake their responses.

“You’re getting a bunch of closet exhibitionists who just want a chance to get up and show off for their friends. There’s no hypnosis involved. And even if they were hypnotized, they’re only doing those stunts because they want to, not because you’re making them through hypnosis.”

This was a typical “April rant”, and as usual I replied calmly. “Of course most of the people who come to the show planning to volunteer want a chance to be in the spotlight. But what about those that go into trance during the start of the show and end up on stage without any prior decision to volunteer?”

“They’re faking it. Or even if they aren’t, they’re doing things they want to do. They’re probably all natural-born show-offs.”

“That may be true, April. And I certainly agree with you that most of them would probably do any of those stunts even without being hypnotized. The ‘making them do things’ theme is part of my showmanship. That doesn’t mean that hypnosis isn’t effective at making people ‘do things’.”

“Are you claiming that hypnosis can be used to make someone do something they don’t want to do? I thought that even people who believe in hypnosis claim that hypnosis can’t be used to make someone do something that they’d refuse to do when awake.”

“Well, that’s open to question. Certainly, during a one hour stage show, people are only going to do things that they want to do, even if only secretly. To ‘make’ someone do something to which they’re consciously opposed would take quite a bit longer, and a much deeper hypnotic state than is usual for a stage show.”

“So you are claiming that people can be made to do things with hypnosis?”

“Yes. Given a reasonably receptive subject, the right circumstances, plenty of time, and a very skilled hypnotist, I think that a person can be ‘made’ to do just about anything.”

“That’s so unbelievable. I can’t believe you’re saying this. You not only think that that bunk you dish up is for real, you’re also trying to convince me that it can be used to control people’s minds.”

“Well, perhaps ‘control people’s minds’ is a little strong. People aren’t robots, and certainly hypnosis doesn’t change that. But, yes, I know that hypnosis is real, and yes, I know that it can be used to persuade someone to do things they wouldn’t do otherwise.”

“Well, I might believe it if I saw it, but even then I’m not sure.”

“What about if you experienced it?”

“Being hypnotized, you mean?”

“Being hypnotized and through hypnotic suggestion be persuaded to do something that you’re currently convinced you’d never do.”

“Such as?”

“You tell me. Name something that isn’t dangerous to you, that won’t get you in trouble, but that you absolutely know you’d never do in a million years.”

“OK. Become an exhibitionist. I would never, never, never do that, no matter what.”

“Let’s be more specific. A specific action that you’re sure you’d never consider.”

“OK. Compete in a wet T-shirt contest. I saw an ad for one in the window of that sleazy dance club across from the video store just before coming here, and I thought, ‘I can’t imagine what sort of woman would do that. She’d have to have no self-esteem to expose her body to a bunch of horny Neanderthals’.”

“That’s perfect then. Using hypnosis I’ll ‘make’ you participate in a wet T-shirt contest.”

“Are you crazy? This was a hypothetical. Why would I want to let you try your little stunts on me?” She was getting quite agitated. Something told me that at a deep level she believed that hypnosis is real, and that there was a distinct possibility I might succeed—a possibility that was feeling very threatening.

“Let’s think of it as a little contest. A bet, perhaps. You’re firmly convinced that hypnosis isn’t real, and couldn’t be used to make you do something unwillingly. I’m firmly convinced of the opposite. Let’s make a wager. If I win, you’ll give me something that I really want. If you win, I’ll give you something you really want. And we’ll set the stakes high enough to make the whole little ‘experiment’ worthwhile for both of us. What do you say?” I grinned at her, my eyes twinkling with my best “cute little bad boy” look. She laughed and relaxed a bit.

“And what would you want from me if you won?”

“Well, if I won, just seeing you in the contest might be enough,” I said teasingly. More laughter. “Ok, if I won, you’d serve me sexually for a weekend. You don’t even have to agree to that now. I think you’ll admit that if I could use hypnosis to make you want to enter a wet T-shirt contest, I could also make you want to go to bed with me. And realize that what I’d do is make you want to enter the contest. I probably can’t make you do it if you don’t want to, but using hypnosis I’m completely confident I can make you want to.” I grinned again.

She scowled and replied, “In your dreams. Ain’t gonna happen. So, when I win the contest, what do I get?”

“You’ve been wanting a new entertainment system, haven’t you?”

“Oh, you know it! I’ve been saving for months. But the one I want is absolutely top of the line—high definition large screen TV, surround sound, veeeeery expensive. Are you going to spring for the one I want, or a boombox from Kmart?” she asked with a gleam in her eye, partly humorous, partly predatory.

“Nothing but the best. If I lose. But you must agree to participate fully in our little experiment, no holding back.”

“What do you mean? What would I have to do?”

“Participate in hypnosis sessions with me. Be as willing to explore hypnosis as you’re able. No saying to yourself, ‘I’ll let him try, but I’m not going to let him hypnotize me.’ You know that wouldn’t be fair—not in the spirit of our wager. I’d expect you to be a cooperative hypnotic subject.”

“Does your definition of ‘cooperative’ include agreeing to be in a wet T-shirt contest?” she asked with a twinkle.

“No. Just going into trance as deeply as you’re able.”

“Well, since I don’t believe in hypnosis, that seems pretty weird, but I’ll be as cooperative as I can.”

“Fair enough.”

“And how often would you ‘hypnotize’ me? How long are we talking about?”

Three evenings a week for three months.”

“Three evenings a week for three months! Are you kidding?”

“What did you say that entertainment system costs?” I grinned at her.

“Hmmmm. I see your point. OK, I agree. Three times a week, but no more. And at three months the bet is over and I get the prize.”

“You get the system if you don’t change your mind about the wet T-shirt contest. And I’ll only hold you to three times a week. But if you want extra sessions, of course, I’ll be happy to hypnotize you more often.”

She shook her head unbelievingly; “You are something else! As if that’s ever going to happen!” She paused, thought for a moment, and then posed another question. “Are you going to give me suggestions other than about the T-shirt contest?”

“I thought you didn’t believe in hypnosis?” Another grin at which she mockingly scowled, then gave a grin of her own.

“Fess up. What are you planning?”

“I promise to only give you suggestions that are needed to creating a willing frame of mind. Nothing beyond that. Sound fair?”

She nodded her head, and stuck her hand out. We shook solemnly, then both dissolved in laughter, although hers seemed to have a slightly nervous edge. Once we’d recovered, we compared schedules. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings were open for both of us, and we arranged to meet on the following Monday.

* * *

I started slowly. There was no need to rush her; it would only be counter-productive, and I had plenty of time. I relished the thought of slowly leading her into deeper and deeper levels of suggestibility, slowly guiding her thoughts in new directions. I knew that I’d need to work within her world-view, making the new ideas that I’d be presenting compatible with her existing patterns of thought. I’d have to not only be a world-class hypnotist, but also a master psychologist. This was going to be so much fun!

For her first induction, I had her lie on her living room couch, and close her eyes. “April, I’m going to give you just a small taste of hypnosis today. It’s not important for you to go deep; I simply want you to begin to experience the sensations. Once you’ve had an opportunity to see what it feels like, you can decide if you’d like to continue. You’ll get an idea of what it might be like for you, and you can choose to go deeper if you wish. How does that sound?”

She nodded her head, and without opening her eyes, replied, “That sounds good.”

“Good. I think you’ll find this very pleasant and relaxing. Most people find hypnosis very relaxing, and as they go deeper, they become more and more relaxed. Today I’ll relax you just a bit so you can experience a very light trance state. Would you like me to help you relax now?”

She nodded again, and murmured an assent. I pulled my chair a little closer, and lowered my voice.

“Now April, I want you to imagine a lovely place, a relaxing place, somewhere you feel comfortable. Someplace you enjoy, where you can relax completely, and feel very peaceful. Are you thinking of that place right now, April?”

Another nod, “mmmmm.”

“Very good, April. Tell me where you are right now.”

“A meadow. Near the woods.”

“That’s just perfect, April. Just right for you. Your own special place. Tell me what you see in your own special place.”

“Green grass. With wildflowers. Trees.”

“Yes. The grass is so green, so lovely. You notice beautiful wildflowers. Such lovely colors. It’s so relaxing to lie here in the meadow. The trees are cool and green and so peaceful. Everything is just perfect for you. Are you lying on the grass or a blanket, April?”

“On the grass.”

“Feel how soft and comfortable the grass is. It’s like lying in the softest, most comfortable bed you’ve ever imagined. The ground supports your body perfectly, and the grass is like velvet. So soft. So warm. So comfortable. So relaxing. So wonderful. So perfect. You’re feeling very relaxed in your own special place, aren’t you, April?”

“Yes. Relaxed.”

“That’s right. Beautifully relaxed. Notice how fresh and clear the air is, April. Are you lying in the sun or in the shade?”

“Sun.”

“Notice how warm and relaxing the sun feels. How it soothes and caresses you, helping you to relax even more. Let yourself enjoy the warm, golden sunshine on your body. So relaxing. So peaceful. Just perfect here in your own special place. Listen to the sounds now, April, what do you hear?”

“Birds. Leaves.”

“That’s right. Listen to how happy the birds sound. You feel so calm, so relaxed as you listen to them. You hear the leaves of the trees rustling in the light breeze. So soothing. So peaceful. Lying here in the warm grass, in the beautiful meadow, listening to the birds, you begin to feel a bit drowsy. You’re so relaxed. So completely relaxed. And a bit sleepy now. Such a lovely place to enjoy this lovely, relaxed, sleepy feeling. You’d like to go to sleep now, wouldn’t you, April?”

“Yes. Sleepy.”

“That’s right. So sleepy. And in your own special place you can close your eyes and go to sleep now. You can enjoy the warm, peaceful relaxation as you listen to my voice, and you go to sleep now. A wonderful, warm, relaxing, peaceful sleep. Nothing disturbs you now. You simply drift and float in your own special place as you follow my voice. Feels nice, doesn’t it, April?”

“Mmmmmm. Nice.”

“Yes, so very nice, April. As you lie here in the warm soft grass, you feel so beautifully sleepy. So relaxed. Nothing but my voice and this beautiful, relaxing, special place. A place where you can relax more and more. A lovely place where you sleep deeply. Does that sound nice, April?

“Yes. Sounds nice.”

“As you sleep more and more deeply, right now, in your lovely special place, feel how you relax even more. So nice to sleep deeply, April. So nice to feel the warm sun. So nice to hear the birds and the leaves. So nice to just let go. Nothing can disturb you. There’s just my voice now, relaxing you so deeply, helping you to sleep so peacefully. So peaceful. So relaxed. So very, very pleasant. Are you feeling very deeply relaxed, sleepy, and pleasant, April?”

“Mmmmmmm”

“Each time we meet, I’ll bring you to this lovely place. Will you enjoy coming here each time?”

“Yes. So nice.”

“You know that it’s my voice that brings you to this lovely relaxing place—your own special place. My voice brings you here, doesn’t it?”

“Mmmmmm. Yes.”

“You want to follow my voice. You want to follow my voice to your own special place, isn’t that right?”

“Yes. Follow your voice.”

“All you have to do is listen closely to my voice, April. Follow my voice. Respond to my suggestions. And I’ll bring you here over and over again. Each time, you’ll feel more relaxed, more peaceful, enjoying a beautiful, deep sleep. Can you feel how much you’re wanting that, April?”

“Yes. Wanting it.”

“You’re in your lovely special place, April, and in this beautiful place you’re lightly hypnotized now. How does it feel being hypnotized?”

“So nice.”

As we continue, April, I’ll teach you to relax even more. To relax much more deeply. To slip into deeper hypnosis. I’ll help you feel more and more peaceful and relaxed. Such a beautiful, deep, sleepy feeling that you can enjoy more and more. Do you think you’ll enjoy learning to relax more and more deeply, April?

“Yes. So nice.”

“You’re doing so very, very well, April. You’ll enjoy being hypnotized often. Each time will be more pleasurable, and you’ll enjoy learning to respond to my voice more deeply. You’re wanting me to hypnotize you often and more deeply, aren’t you, April?”

“Yes, please.”

“You’d like another session tomorrow, April. A session in which I take you even deeper. What are you wanting, April?”

“Another session. Tomorrow. Take me deeper. Please.”

“Good girl, April. Now it’s time to awaken on the count of five.”

* * *

As agreed, April returned three times that first week for hypnosis sessions. I focused on relaxing her, building pleasant associations in her mind, reinforcing the idea that following my suggestions would become more and more pleasurable for her. I carefully avoided any loaded language; words such as “obedience”, “submission”, “control”, “command” were never mentioned. Everything was low-key, gentle, soothing. Under my ministrations, she learned to go deeper and deeper into trance. Each of the sessions lasted one or two hours, and by the end of the week she was quickly reaching very deep states of relaxation. I had a sense that she was extremely suggestible, but did little to test that, and nothing to push her. The only suggestions I gave to begin moving her were suggestions about responding to my voice—wanting to hear my voice, and wanting my voice to take her deeper.

After our Thursday session, I remarked that I’d see her on Monday. Her face fell just the least bit, and she appeared a little troubled. I could see that she was feeling conflicted—she started to say something, but then held back.

“Something seems to be bothering you, April. Do you want to tell me about it?”

“Well, it’s just that... I mean... I was wondering... I’m not sure how to say this, or even if I should... but... ”

“Let me make this easy for you, April. You’re wondering if you have to wait until Monday. You’d like to have another session or two before then, wouldn’t you?”

Her face cleared, and she smiled. “Yes. That’s it exactly. I’m really enjoying them. I can’t remember ever feeling this relaxed. Would you mind?” She’d taken on a bit of a plaintive tone, quite unlike her usual demeanor.

“So, April. Are you still of the opinion that hypnosis is all fakery?” I asked with a lightly mocking tone, as I smiled at her.

She blushed, and with eyes lowered replied, “Well, I don’t know if all the things about hypnotic suggestion are true, but listening to your voice makes me feel so relaxed, so wonderful. I want that, it feels so good. If that’s hypnosis, then I guess I do believe in it, and I like it.” Her voice had lowered to a whisper by the end, and she was bright red with embarrassment. Not wanting to prolong this state of mind, I quickly agreed to additional sessions.

* * *

Over the weekend, I continued suggestions of wanting to follow my voice, taking that theme to the next level.

“How are you feeling, April?”

“Relaxed. Sleepy. Deep.”

“What brought you to this lovely, deep place—your own special place?”

“Your voice. Following your voice.”

“That’s right, April. My voice, and the suggestions I give you make you feel wonderful, isn’t that right?”

“Yes. Wonderful.”

“So, you really should follow my voice, and accept any suggestions I give you, isn’t that right?”

“I don’t know.”

“That’s fine, April. You feel very, very relaxed and peaceful now, don’t you?”

“Yes. So nice.”

“I’m going to help you understand why you feel so very, very pleasant and very, very relaxed. You want me to help you understand that so you can relax even more, don’t you?”

“Even more.”

“That’s right. Each time you follow my voice, you relax more. You’ve noticed that, haven’t you?”

“Yes. Relax more.”

“All my suggestions are relaxing and pleasant. You’ve noticed that, haven’t you?”

“Yes. Relaxing and pleasant.”

“All of my suggestions are relaxing and pleasant. Each one relaxes you more deeply. How do you feel when you follow my suggestions?”

“Relaxed. Pleasant.”

“The more you follow my suggestions—following each one—the more relaxed and pleasant you feel. You’ve noticed that, haven’t you, April?”

“Yes.”

“Since my suggestions relax you, and help you feel pleasant, it’s natural to want to follow my suggestions, isn’t it, April?

“I think so. Should I?”

“Yes, I think you should. Let’s talk about this further. Are you enjoying having this discussion with me right now, April?”

“Yes. I feel so nice.”

“In each of our sessions, I’m giving you suggestions. How do my suggestions make you feel, April?”

“Relaxed. Pleasant.”

“That’s right. Have you noticed that each of my suggestions helps you feel more relaxed? Each of my suggestions increases your pleasant feelings? Each one. Have you noticed that, April?”

“Yes. Yes, I have.”

“And since my suggestions are relaxing and pleasant, it’s natural for you to want to follow my suggestions, isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is.”

“Each of my suggestions is relaxing and pleasant, so of course you want to respond and follow each one, don’t you?”

“Yes, I do.”

“All my suggestions are just right for you. Each suggestion is relaxing and pleasant, and you want to follow all my suggestions. Isn’t that right, April?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Good girl. You’re doing so well.”

* * *

I continued this theme in our next session, and began to build the associations that would lead her further.

“Are you deeply hypnotized now, April?”

“Yes. So deep.”

“How does it feel being very deeply hypnotized, April?”

“So wonderful. So relaxed and pleasant.”

“Good girl. You know what brings you to this wonderful deep place, don’t you, April?”

“Yes. Your suggestions.”

“How do you feel about my deep suggestions, April?”

“Want to follow your suggestions.”

“You want me to give you deep hypnotic suggestions, and you want to listen and follow each one, is that right, April?”

“Yes. Want to follow each one.”

“How will you feel when you listen to my deep suggestions, and follow each one, April?”

“Wonderful. Relaxed. Pleasant.”

“That’s right, April. Following all of my deep hypnotic suggestions will be very, very pleasurable, won’t it?”

“Pleasurable.”

“Yes. Very pleasurable. Will you need to question my suggestions, April?”

“Will I?”

“No you can simply follow my voice. You can allow yourself to respond to all my suggestions, without question, and feel the deep relaxation and deep pleasure. The more you follow my suggestions, without question, the more deeply relaxed and pleasant you’ll feel. That makes sense, doesn’t it, April?”

“Yes. Makes sense.”

“When I give you suggestions, will you need to question them?”

“No. Follow your voice.”

“That’s right, April. All you need to do is follow my voice, and follow all my suggestions. Does that sound nice to you?”

“So nice.”

“Very good. You’re doing so well, April. You’re such a good girl. It makes you feel so nice to know that you’re a good girl and following all my wonderful suggestions, doesn’t it?”

“So good. Want to follow.”

“Following my suggestions is making you feel warm and tingly now. Can you feel that pleasant warm tingling feeling?”

“Warm. Tingly. So nice.”

“That’s right. A very, very pleasurable tingly feeling. It’s like becoming aroused. Can you feel that tingling growing now?”

“Yes. So nice.”

“Hypnosis is sexy, isn’t it, April?”

“I’m not sure.”

“That’s fine, April. You feel the warm tingling more strongly now, don’t you.”

“Yes. So nice.”

“Where are you feeling the tingling, April?”

“My belly.”

“It feels very, very nice, doesn’t it?”

“Nice.”

“That tingling is just a bit sexy, isn’t it?”

“I don’t know.”

“That’s fine. I want you to notice the warm tingling flowing up from your belly. Feel your chest becoming warm and tingly now. Can you feel that?”

“Yes.”

“How does it feel?”

“Nice.”

“Notice your breasts beginning to tingle now. Warm and tingly. Can you feel that?”

“Um hmm.”

“Now feel the tingling even more strongly in your nipples. Do you notice that your nipples are becoming tingly?”

“Um hmmm.”

“Do you feel them becoming tight and tingly?”

“Um hmmm.”

“They’re warm, tight, tingly. Feels so very, very good, doesn’t it?”

“Um hmm.”

“It’s a sexy feeling, isn’t it?”

“Um hmm.”

“Your breasts are warm, tight, tingly. Feeling very, very sexy. Can you feel that sexy feeling now?”

“Um hmm.”

“Hypnosis is sexy, isn’t it, April?”

“I think so. I’m not sure.”

“I want you to simply listen to my voice now, and focus all your attention on the wonderful warm, tingly feeling in your breasts. Feel them become more and more pleasurably tingly as you respond to my voice. Will you enjoy feeling the pleasure in your breasts grow and grow?”

“Um hmm.”

“Hypnosis is sexy, April. Feel yourself respond. Feel the pleasure grow. Hypnosis is sexy. Wonderful, warm tingling. Becoming stronger. Hypnosis is sexy. So nice to respond, so sexy. Hypnosis is sexy. So tight. So tingly. Feel your breath becoming a bit more rapid now. That’s right. Good girl. Hypnosis is sexy. Do you think hypnosis is sexy, April?”

“Um hmm.”

“Tell me what you think about hypnosis, and as you do, feel the pleasure build.”

“I like it.”

“Do you think hypnosis is sexy, April?”

“I think so.”

“Good girl. When you think about hypnosis from now on, you’ll feel the very pleasurable tingling in your breasts and nipples. You’ll feel this sexy feeling whenever you think about hypnosis, even when you’re awake. Will you enjoy feeling this sexy tingling whenever you think about hypnosis, April?”

“Yes.”

“You’ll be thinking about hypnosis more and more as you enjoy this sexy tingling, won’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Good girl.”

* * *