The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

© 2007, le Duc de Kavaliere

Midsummer Knight’s Dream

Part 19

Act Four, Scene Four

The last weekend in August was also the last weekend of the Faire—and I was getting married that Sunday. I was nervous—and after all this trouble, all I wanted to do was to marry Colleen and put all the jitters behind me.

“I suppose this whole Faire thing has gotten old to you,” Anna said on Saturday morning. Clancy had offered gallantly to give her a backstage tour of the events. For their parts, the cousins couldn’t get enough of each other. The Songbirds wouldn’t go on for another couple of hours, and the four of us were strolling through the Craftsmen’s Common.

“Oh no, we love it,” my fiancee said, slipping her arm through mine. “There’s enough improvisation in the magic shows and the jousts that there’s always something new to see. The King’s Procession seems to be the same every time, though.”

I kissed her cheek.

After some shopping, Anna expressed an interest in seeing a show. “What’s the next one?” she asked.

“There’s Miss Scarlett’s show,” Clancy suggested.

“Oh no,” Anna said, and blushed.

I moaned, and Zelasha laughed.

“What’s the matter?” my fiancee asked.

Her cousin sighed, eyes turned upwards. “I’ve already seen the show,” she confessed.

Following Clancy’s lead, we started towards the Enchantress’ Stage. “I’m sure it’s way different,” the drummer said.

Anna shook her head. “I’m sorry, I’ve been hypnotized enough for one lifetime.”

“Who said anything about volunteering?” I asked.

“I would like to,” Clancy said. “But only if Anna comes along.”

“Why not?” Zelasha asked her cousin.

“I dunno,” Anna conceded. “I’m just not into it. I’m not up for performing, sorry. No Elvis impressions, no Madonna. I can’t even sing.” She looked around. “What? You are all looking at me like I’m some sort of prude!”

Zelasha smirked. “If you don’t want to do all the show stuff, Nick and I could hypnotize you.”

Anna’s green eyes bugged out. “I can’t escape! You do hypnosis too?”

We both nodded, and Clancy laughed.

“You don’t have to worry,” I told her. “Miss Scarlett has been doing period stuff—Shakespeare, mostly. No Elvis.”

“Oh, all right,” she conceded. “But I’m not volunteering.”

* * *

The enchanting hypnodomme walked out on stage. This time, she was wearing a silver dress with black trim. She wore her hair in a complex pattern of two French braids, one on either side of her head. They joined at the nape of her neck, and the braid continued down her back. It was bound about six inches from her waist.

She curtseyed to the audience. “Is there anyone who would like to experience an hour of magic and enchantment?” She noticed the four of us in the audience, and grinned.

Clancy stood up, and walked courageously up on stage, along with a dozen other people. Zelasha and I exchanged glances.

“You’re not interested?” I whispered.

Zelasha shook her lovely head. “I just want to watch Miss Scarlett work her magic—if that’s all right with you.”

I nodded, noting the light in my fiancee’s eyes. She wanted to watch, let her imagination carry her away—then share a rendezvous with me later.

Thirteen or fourteen volunteers were sitting on the stage, and Miss Scarlett’s Southern voice took on its naturally soothing, lulling tone. “Welcome, everyone,” the raven-haired hypnotist purred. “You’re all going to become very relaxed, so settle in—nestle in—get comfortable. You’ll be letting go of all stress, anything that bothers you...”

Anna looked from us to Clancy, then to Miss Scarlett, and back again.

“I wish he hadn’t gone up,” she said.

“It’s so easy to fall into deep relaxation as you focus completely on my words,” Miss Scarlett was saying.

“What’s the problem, Anna?” Zelasha asked.

“I—I’d rather he not do that without me,” her cousin said. “We just met and all...”

“Breathing easily and deeply, calmly and regularly... it’s so easy, it takes no work at all...” continued the hypnotist.

“It’s just a show,” I put in.

“Yes, but... I don’t like...” A conflicted expression settled on Anna’s face as her eyes flicked back and forth.

“Feeling more and more comfortable, not a care in the world, settling in deeper and deeper...” Miss Scarlett said.

Impulsively, Anna seized both sides of her skirt and strode purposefully to the stage. I caught sight of Emily standing in the far corner of the stage—and she, catching on, dragged a chair up for Anna.

The redhead flounced herself down upon it, and looked up at Miss Scarlett.

“And as you listen to my voice, the more relaxed you become,” the Southern enchantress said without missing a beat. “Your body getting heavier and heavier, more and more relaxed, more and more lethargic. Your eyes are getting heavy.”

Zelasha laid her head on my shoulder, and we watched Anna’s eyes flutter and close just as Clancy’s had.

* * *

“And on the count of three,” Miss Scarlett said, “you will play Pyramus.” She touched Anna’s shoulder. “And you,” she told Clancy, “will play Thisby. You are secret lovers and talk through a chink in a garden wall... and then poor Thisby is accosted by a lion! One, two, three.”

Zelasha’s fingers tightened around mine. Clancy and Anna opened their eyes, the latter promptly standing up and placing a hand on her chest.

“Thou wall, O wall, O sweet and lovely wall!” she cried. “Show me thy chink, to blink through with mine eye!”

“My love thou art, my love I think!” Clancy said, standing up. He reached out for Anna, but touched an imaginary wall.

“And now, Pyramus, you are making your way to meet Thisby by the moonlight,” Scarlett prompted.

“I thank thee, Moon, for shining now so bright,” Anna said, striding proudly across the stage. “For, by thy gracious, golden, glittering gleams, I trust to take of truest Thisby sight!”

“Alas, you have found Thisby’s robe, covered in bloodstains!” Miss Scarlett said. Anna looked aghast, and Clancy stared, stunned, at the audience.

“Lion vile hath here deflowered my dear!” Anna proclaimed, and fell to the ground, weeping. Everyone laughed, including Clancy. “Thus die I!” Anna cried, rolling over and pretending to stab herself. “Thus! Thus! Thus! AAhhhh! Ahhhhhhh! Owwwwwww! Oooooooh! Ahhhhhh! Aaccckkkk! Akkkkkkk! Ugh! Ohhhhh! Now am I dead!” She proceeded to roll around in agony, producing the most ridiculous suicide scene I’d ever witnessed.

“And poor Thisby,” Miss Scarlett narrated. “What’s this? You’ve found the body of Pyramus!”

Clancy hurried over to Anna’s body and contorted his face into a look of ridiculous anguish. “Asleep, my love?” he howled in a ridiculous effeminate voice. Musician, he was; actor, he wasn’t. “What, dead, my dove?” he howled. “O Pyramus, arise!” Anna opened her eyes, to more laughs, and then quickly shut them again. With over-the-top bravado, Clancy stood up, and pretended to draw a sword. “Come, trusty sword; come, blade, my breast imbrue! Farewell, friends—thus Thisby ends!” He proceeded to “stab himself” and collapsed dead on the ground, to considerable applause from the audience.

“I have good news—Pyramus and Thisby aren’t really dead!” Miss Scarlett proclaimed as she stepped forward. Anna and Clancy opened their eyes and sat up, both feigning shock. They examined their chests for fatal wounds, and actually looked surprised when they found none.

“The lovers have survived—and will live happily ever after!” Miss Scarlett concluded. The audience cheered appreciatively as Clancy stood up and offered his hand to Anna. She took it, he helped her up—and drew her into his arms for a kiss. She kissed back appreciatively.

I saw Zelasha grin. “Did you know this was coming?” I asked her.

My fiancee shook her beautiful head. “No. I might have mentioned something to Emily, though.”

I smiled back at her.

“I hope everything works out,” Zelasha mused. “Anna’s rebounding, after all.”

The two had sat down in their chairs again, and Miss Scarlett promptly put them back to sleep.

“So’s Clancy,” I said. Zelasha snuggled up closer to me.

“And on the count of five, everyone will wake up, relaxed and refreshed, having had a wonderful time,” Miss Scarlett lilted. “One, starting to stir, two, returning to wakefulness, three, beginning to open your eyes, four, feeling happy and refreshed, five, wide awake, ready for the rest of your day.” The lovely hypnotist curtseyed. “Now if we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here while these visions did appear,” she intoned. “So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends.”

The crowd applauded heartily. “This applause is for you—Thank you all!” Scarlett told the volunteers, who were starting to make their way off the stage. I noted that Anna and Clancy were holding hands as they walked towards us.

* * *

I caught up with the tall brunette outside a leather store a few minutes later.

“Miss Scarlett?”

The hypnotist turned to face me. “Hello, Nicholas.”

“It turns out Zelasha has an extra bridesmaid,” I said. “That leaves me short one groomsman. Would you like to be in my wedding party?”

Scarlett looked at me, her expression full of a tenderness I hadn’t expected. “I’d be honored, Nick,” she said kindly. She took my hand, and squeezed it.

Never in my life had I expected to meet this woman in the flesh, much less achieve this level of intimacy. I was proud to call her a friend.

I remembered something else before I took my leave. “Oh, Miss Scarlett, one more thing.”

“Mmmm?” She looked over her shoulder, and our eyes met.

“This is none of my business,” I said, “and I understand if you don’t want to tell me—but I was wondering—what’s your real name?”

The Southerner smiled warmly. “It’s Shannon.”