The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE MULE

Chapter 6

By twelve thirty I was back in my apartment, looking down at the ocean with all its scattered array of sailing boats dotting the backdrop of its emerald-green depths. The swimmers and fisherman were marking their presence in the surf close to the shore and along the beach.

My apartment was on the sixth floor and faced to the East. I’d spent a long time in finding it. I needed the ocean to disappear within myself at the end of a long and tiring day with other people’s problems. I liked it, and, I called it home. I had thought, however, about changing my place of abode since meeting Tina Clark-moving to something a bit more luxurious, but had then dismissed the idea without a second thought. I was happy here and always had been. If it ain’t broke-don’t fix it, came the old adage that had crossed my mind at the thought of leaving.

I decided it was a wise old saying and settled down into the lounge with a drink to gaze out over the sea and the far distant horizon where my eyes had often travelled seeking infinity to relax them before a period of self-hypnosis. I still couldn’t believe everything that happened in my life over the past twenty-four hours.

Shaking my head I got up and mixed myself a fresh drink, then sat down again into the comfort of the lounge, resting my head momentarily on the soft back before straightening to gaze out over the ocean and into infinity once more.

As my eyes relaxed and my concentration focused I could feel myself slipping down into a light, pleasant and comfortable trance state. I decided to go with it and just let my thoughts come and go as they wished, not trying to make anything happen, and not trying to stop anything from happening-just allowing everything to happen naturally, easily, and just as it wished.

My thoughts began to wander: to come and go. And I let them, watching, observing, being fully there in them, but not involved in any way-caring from a distance only. And they came and they went, one after the other-unimportant thoughts of a lot of things, yet nothing in particular.

My trance state deepened as I watched my thoughts live their lives and disappear to wherever they went after coming into conscious awareness. The lounge, my apartment and the swimmers and fishermen and sailboats had faded from my awareness as my relaxed concentration and focus remained fixed on the lives of my thoughts of the moment.

My focus had narrowed and my trance deepened even more with that narrowing. My breathing had shallowed and my hand rested lightly around the glass as it lay on the small table beside the lounge.

One thought kept returning-Tina Clark in all her naked and flaming glory, as bright and real and lifelike as if she were right in front of my eyes. I even imagined I could smell the perfume she was wearing the day before as I sank deeper into the image until she was all there was in my mind and my imagination. I was aware of myself being amazed in a relaxed and focused way as I went further and further into the illusion of Tina’s nudity within my mind’s eye.

Nothing else existed but her-her long, red hair reaching down to well below her shoulders. It draped below her neck, white and slender and long. It covered her shoulders slightly rounded with a mole just above her left arm where the shoulder begins. It caressed her breasts-full and jutting for a woman of her maturity, with long, dark nipples and wide areolas at their base. Her flat stomach, rounding only slightly as it dipped down into the lush and thick carpet of flaming, curly red pubic hair-her hips and thighs beckoned and curved gracefully downward to well-shaped calves and ankles, all the way down to her feet. They were dainty in their unusual black toenail polish and their repose, as she stood there, tall and beautiful in my mind’s eye, in all her magnificent, naked glory.

Then slowly the image of her began to fade, almost as if someone was slowly turning down the projector of my mind’s eye. It happened like that at times when I used self-hypnosis and really tranced deeply. Everything slowly went to grey and then to black as I recognised the insides of my own eyelids once again.

I opened them and blinked slowly a few times, re-orienting myself to my surroundings, feeling very relaxed and calm as I always did whenever I came from a deep trance. Gradually my apartment, the lounge, my body and my drink all came back into my awareness. I brought the glass to my mouth and drained the contents remaining in one gulp-a dry mouth and throat was the price you paid for the benefits of such a deep trance state.

Then I just sat there for a few minutes, idly wondering at the tricks of the mind in why I imagined Tina Clark with a mole on her left arm at the top and black polish on her toenails. That’s what happened, I guess. It had been a long time since I had been naturally attracted to a woman-too-bloody long, in fact. Then, slowly, those things, too, began to fade from my conscious mind as I began to think about an idea I had from a tiny thought the night before while I had been studying the files in the thick dossier.

I have always believed that there were many doors that could be opened in a person’s subconscious mind-not just bottom out and that’s all there is and there ain’t no more, as some of my associates did. I believed that there was an incredible amount of knowledge that could be tapped into and used for the good of all, if it could be discovered how to do it, which just took time and opportunity. Well, now I had both-time, and the opportunity to research and develop something of the like as far as a technique goes. I wondered how they would take to that idea.

The more I thought about it-the different ways of trancing a patient down to those levels where the various doors were I believed existed, the more excited I became about the idea. I was especially interested in getting right down to the source of a person, and, if I was right in my long-held assumptions and beliefs, it would be the source of us all-the collective unconscious as Jung and many others had articled so many times in their careers.

Suddenly I had it-the project I wanted to work on. I wanted to discover the technique for reaching and utilising the collective unconscious of mankind. I sat back and let the idea cement itself in my own unconscious mind: a not-so-small task I knew, but now I had the time, and I had the opportunity, and most certainly all of mankind would benefit in some way. I lit a smoke and inhaled deeply as the connotations ran around and around in my mind.

Three cigarettes later the idea was firmly entrenched in both my minds so as to become a dominant thought whenever I wished it. The phone rang and interrupted my next intention of reaching for another cigarette. I smiled. Good. Both my lungs and I knew I smoked too much anyway. I lifted the receiver, idly expecting it to be the landlord about my bond. It wasn’t.

‘Hello?’ I asked the quiet and smooth velvet voice that had been invading my thoughts so as almost to become a dominant thought itself, if I hadn’t had so many other interesting things to fixate on.

‘Hi.’ I answered smiling. ‘What’s new and different in your life?’ I asked. And then added, ‘Apart from me.’

I held the phone away from my ear just a little while her belly laugh subsided.

‘Nice to know you’ve got a sense of humour after all. I wasn’t sure for a while there.’

Tina laughed gaily. ‘Any ideas for your project yet? Just thought I’d ring and check. See if you had any questions or anything like that.’

My thoughts came back instantly to my trance image of the dark mole above her shoulder and her black-painted toenails, but I had no intention of asking her. She’d think I was crazy. Whatever my image was in her mind I didn’t want to damage it. I might need it later when I told her about my project idea.

‘One or two.’ I said.

‘Care to elaborate?’

‘Not yet.’ I replied. ‘I need to crystallise a few aspects in the area of objectives yet. You’ll be the first to know.’

‘Okay-no problems. Whenever you’re ready.’

‘Thanks.’ I said.

‘Peter. Would you like a visitor? I’m at loose ends for the afternoon if you’re not busy.’ She asked unexpectedly.

Once again the image of my earlier trance flashed vividly into my mind’s eye.

‘Sure.’ I told her. ‘I’ve done all I can for today anyway. Give my mind a rest.’

‘That’s great!’ She said. ‘I’ll be there in about forty-five minutes. There’s something I have to just tidy up, and then I’ll be right over. I know where you live.’

‘Figured you did.’ I grinned into the mouthpiece. ‘See you then.’

I hung up, then went back and sat down in the lounge, after first making myself a fresh Rum and Coke. I reached over and grabbed the foolscap notepad I always kept handy to the lounge, then took my pen from my pocket. I began making some preliminary notes and jottings about my intended project: aims, objectives, etcetera, and then some minor sub- objectives, which eventually correlated back into the achieving of the main aim. By the time I finished it made sense in a roundabout sort of way.

The main thing was the establishing of the major aim, along with the foundation objectives, each developing logically in their own right, and each being sub-connected with the aim itself: threads above and below and then finishing with the completed aim.

In other words, I had a plan-granted, it wasn’t much of a one in its infancy, but it was a beginning, and, it could only improve from there. All I had to do now was allocate the trance level states to their appropriate objectives. There were seven known trance level states, one that shall always remain unknown and untried, save for me: Alpha, Beta, Theta, Delta, Plenary, and Cerebella, the last two being those of particular interest to me-mainly since so little known research had been done on their existence. I emphasised the word known in my mind as I thought of it. Most of us did research of a private nature in some area of the mind that held a special interest for us. Who knows? There may be waiting to be discovered many more trance level states than those.

As I was rereading my notes from start to finish for the third time looking for flaws in my logic the doorbell buzzed and drew my focus out and away. I put down the foolscap pad and walked to the door, opening it to a smiling Tina Clark, dressed very casually in a pair of knee-length white summer shorts and a soft pink tank-top with an embroidered picture of a small cat over her left breast. She looked great, I had to admit.

‘Hi!’ She beamed as she walked past me and into the lounge area. Then she went immediately to the balcony and looked out over the ocean as I always did when first coming into the apartment, simply as a matter of habit. I closed the door and followed her through to stand beside her, breathing the cool, salt air right to the bottom of my lungs, then exhaling it with a long, slow sigh.

She turned to glance at me and grinned at hearing my sigh.

‘Makes you glad to be alive. Doesn’t it?’ I stated matter-of-factly, grinning thinly.

‘You must love it here.’ She said excitedly as she turned her gaze back to infinity and those who were enjoying themselves on the ocean’s surface.

‘I do.’ I replied. ‘I was toying with the idea of moving, but never got very serious about it. I like it here too much, I guess.’

‘Stay here.’ Tina agreed, turning around away from me and walking back inside to take a seat in the one I had been occupying. I turned and followed, again. Getting to be a habit, I thought, as I joined her in the single chair opposite.

‘Can I get you a drink?’ I asked.

‘No thanks. I’ve taken the afternoon off and have plans for this evening. I don’t feel like drinking before then. I rarely do during the day anyway, unless it’s a special occasion.’

‘Same here.’ I agreed. ‘And today is a special occasion for me, with everything that’s happened in the last twenty four hours.’

‘What do you think of it all so far?’ Tina then asked.

I took a deep breath and again let it out slowly, but not loudly.

‘I’m happy to have been afforded the time and opportunity, not to mention salary, to explore the subject of my choice, in the field of my choice.’ I answered, then grinned.

‘Stock answer?’ She grinned back. ‘No, really. What do you really feel, inside?’

I looked at her carefully, feeling a little sad for what was to come and studying her eyes and features for a few seconds.

‘Why does it matter?’ I asked quietly.

Tina’s smile faded instantly as her gaze locked onto my own.

‘It doesn’t, I guess.’ She said ruefully, lowering her gaze from mine. ‘I just wondered if you were as motivated as I was when it first happened to me.’

I felt a good dose of guilt wash over me and was sorry instantly.

‘I’m sorry Tina.’ I apologised sincerely. ‘I guess I’m still a bit suspicious of everything yet.’

‘Are you suspicious of me, too?’ She asked looking up at me.

I thought before answering, then decided to be honest. Time to clear my head and the air.

‘A little.’ I admitted. ‘You read minds easily. There could be a hidden agenda. I really wouldn’t know. And you’re here.’ Then I smiled. ‘You know, I can’t remember the last time a woman who looked like you do graced the presence of my humble abode. Why are you here, really?’

Tina Clark just sat and looked at me-stared or glowered was more like it. Then she lowered her eyes and just looked at the floor. The silence was deafening for a long few seconds. Then she slowly rose to her feet, picking up her handbag as did so. Boy, was I ever having a dose of guilt and a half! I sat there and hardened my gaze at her, waiting for her to look at me and say good-bye. She did in the next second. Time to get it over with-the inevitable. Damn.

‘Tina.’ I began. ‘A moment ago you asked me something. I like you and figured you wanted and deserved my honest answer, which is what you asked for. You can’t really get upset about that.’ I took a breath. ‘I do have a question for you, though, if you’d like to sit down to answer it. Then we can put all this aside and get on with our lives. What do you say?’

She looked at me the entire time I spoke, then sat down again slowly, purse still clutched in her hands and resting on her lap.

‘What’s your question?’ She asked softly, still not looking at me.

‘Can I have an honest answer?’ I said.

She looked up, her eyes hardening. Good. I wanted her looking straight at me when I voiced a suspicion that had been nagging me since my trance vision earlier.

‘Do you have any other personal projects, other than what were listed in the dossier under your name?’ I asked quietly, without blinking.

‘Why do you ask?’ She hedged.

‘Is that your idea of an honest answer?’ I asked her.

She blinked-her face solemn.

‘ I... er... I’m conducting some research into several other areas at the moment.’ She replied.

I hardened my gaze and trapped hers within it, not letting it escape while I spoke my real suspicion. ‘Would one of them be thought projection, or something similar?’ I voiced, watching for movement in the tiny muscles in her jaw-line.

To my amazement Tina hung her head. I saw the beginnings of a grin before it faded when she looked up, her face once again solemn.

‘Before I answer that,’ she said. ‘Can you tell me what has happened that has caused you to think that?’

‘You have black polish on your toenails, which you were not wearing yesterday. And I’d hazard to even guess you have a dark mole above your left shoulder, for starters-not to mention an amazing piece of imagery that could answer every question I might have ever had about redheads.’ I grinned. ‘Have I got them all?’

Tina clapped her hands excitedly and squealed like a baby shrieking, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

‘All but one.’ She said.

My heart sank a little. I thought the idea had been my own. I knew it had been too good to be true.

‘Then it would come as no surprise to you to know that the project I thought I’d chosen was the collective unconscious. Would it?’ I finished, feeling not very good all of a sudden.

Her eyes stopped laughing, but her lips and mouth still held the grin as she answered.

‘No.’ she said. ‘It wouldn’t. But I was going to tell you.’

The sadness of it all washed over my mind and body at the same time. How could I trust anyone in that organisation if I couldn’t trust her, the one who had the most contact with me so far, and had recruited me. We had a rapport of sorts, or I thought we did. I’d never know whether my thoughts of the future would be my own, or hers, apart from the nagging problem of her reading my mind.

I held her gaze while I ran this thought process by myself for the final act I knew was to come. Then I stood up and walked over to where my check book lay on the breakfast bar, and wrote her a check to cover the amount of the salary they had paid me, which I had banked that morning. I tore the check off the stub and turned to see the puzzled look on her face as I handed it to her.

‘Thanks, but... no thanks.’ I said a little sadly, without overdoing it. It was just how I felt, as if I’d been let down, or my trust had been. ‘I’ll show you out.’

I stood aside and waited for her to rise. For a few long seconds she didn’t. Her mouth began to open a few times, but each time it shut again-whatever she had been about to say stifled in the infancy of its own birth in her thoughts. For a second I thought her eyes misted, but then they cleared in an instant. Probably concerned about her own job now, I figured, if it had been emotional mist in her eyes. Finally, it dawned on her I was deadly serious. I walked over to the table and picked up the dossier. I wouldn’t be needing that now.

‘Don’t worry about the official secrets act thingo.’ I told her as she rose and stood,. Then I took the dossier and handed to her. ‘Just send it to me in the mail and I’ll sign it and send it back. I’ll show you out now.’ I didn’t feel like looking at her.

I walked her to the door, slightly ahead of her... for a change, I thought ironically. I opened the door. She passed by me and turned-her eyes still wide-open and very deep in surprise at my actions. Her face and expression was unreadable.

‘Peter, I... ’ She began, but I cut her off. I didn’t feel like talking about something that was now over before it had begun.

‘Have a nice life.’ I said to her as I began to slowly close the door. ‘And don’t bother calling. My decision is now irreversible.’