The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Mystania: Crimson Tempest

By Thantos69

Interlude

The Origin of Sorcery, taken from Sorcery For Dummies Passage chapter one

In the beginning, there was no beginning, for to have a beginning there would have to be something just before it that started that beginning. So before the beginning there was chaos, a substance without definition. It was infinite at the same time as it was cramped, it was all colors and no colors, it was violent and calm, ever changing while constantly remaining the same. It is the ultimate abstract, prone to cause migraines among those who tried to comprehend and explain it on understandable terms.

Yet, in the chaos, indefinable as it may be, its very contradiction of itself does not prevent small bubbles of order from forming briefly within itself. Sometimes, one of these bubbles gains self-awareness, and a desire for continued survival. Thus, there came the beginning, from a hearty explosion of one of these bubbles, expanding itself rapidly in all directions, stretching the borders of its order while chaos boiled blissfully unaware outside.

In the very center of this explosion remained the heart and mind of the order, and was later called the Great Nebulae. As its borders grew, it felt a strain, and it needed more strength to maintain the barrier separating the new universe from chaos. So the Nebulae split into three parts. The first was its main body, working ever to expand and hold the border together. The others became something else entirely.

In one of the splits, the Nebulae fed all of its patience, logic, and imagination. The substance formed into the embodiment of ideas. With these ideas, the bare universe could be formed into a tightly scripted and organized system. These ideas became the blueprint of our worlds. These ideas eventually became known as Authors.

The second split of the Nebulae carried all of its emotions, ambition, and soul. This substance too could create worlds, but was often hindered by impatience. Nevertheless, the Authors often collaborated with the substance to bring about a spark of life on the worlds that they created.

As life grew and became steadily more advanced, the second substance split into smaller portions of itself, and infected the various forms of life it found. These hosts were the first sorcerers. Each piece that had split off and infiltrated a life form became an Office, later defined by the personality and ideals of its host. When the host was destroyed, the Office would drift off and become dormant until another life form with the same qualities of its original host would emerge, and then it would stick itself into that life form. Occasionally, but very rarely, an Office would develop a personality and life of its own. The sorcerers that developed that way were immortal, but lacked many of the emotional qualities that the host sorcerers obtained, driving the pure sorcerers into an ambition to obtain these missing qualities for themselves; often failing.

Time passed, and the universe grew faster and stronger, as life developed intelligence, imagination, and dreams, therefore developing souls. These new souls added their creativity to existence, and through their dreams new worlds were shaped out in the void, for the Authors to hone until the soul was freed from its mortal coil and allowed to pass over into their creations.

But over the course of eons, a horrible thing began to happen. The sorcerers, being hosts to their offices and not nearly as patient as Authors, began to grow bored. Without a challenge to keep their powers occupied, they lost focus and drive. Many of them committed suicide, to end the everlasting sameness of being able to do whatever one wanted without having to work for it. Some went insane and caused massive waves of destruction before other sorcerers could end their existence. Still other sorcerers would try and seek amusement through games, picking a world and setting up stringent rules for themselves and their opponents. Such games could accelerate a world’s advancement or stagnant it, depending on how well the sorcerers played.

Every now and then a sorcerer would look over these options and not be satisfied. They would think back on the time when they had first obtained their Office and how unique the experience had seemed. These sorcerers would often put themselves down on a world, assuming the form of the mortals living upon it, erase their own memories, cut off the full potentials of their power, and rediscover themselves. Eventually this method of keeping sane became quite popular, and many sorcerers arranged so that their Offices would leave them permanently once they assumed mortal form, happy to retire in the ignorance of a simple life.

These records contain the individual stories and lives of all the currently active sorcerers, as well as a history of all the notable passed ones. Beware Kevin; you should only use this book as a source of reference. An attempt to read it straight through would take more lifetimes than you currently possess. Not to mention, many passages bring about the very reason why the phrase ‘ignorance is bliss’ is so popular throughout the multiverse.