The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s Party

4 — Party of Three

A certain action hero once opined that setting your differences like men means using guns. Luckily, I was the only man in the house that night, and Alex was of the opinion that sorting out a misunderstanding like adults meant doors locked, naked or on the way there, getting up to whatever kind of things consenting adults enjoyed. She probably wasn’t serious, but a little teasing, or maybe a little hopeful… Either way, that suited me fine.

Olivia was a little doubtful, and remained locked in the bathroom while we stood in the hallway. No amount of coaxing or apologies from her girlfriend seemed to make much difference to her tears. I was nervous to step in, as I was pretty sure her current anxiety was all my fault. She’d been telling me for months how she wanted to be treated, and I’d always been too nervous to go there, at least as long as she was a child. Tonight, her birthday, I could no longer use that excuse.

“Olivia,” I called through the door. I was firm, keeping my voice level and clear, but didn’t want to shout, “Come out of there. You’ve got nothing to be sorry for, but we need to talk.” It could have been my imagination, but I thought I heard the faint sounds of sniffling and every little movement stop inside the room. A few seconds passed like an eternity.

“Jim?” her voice quavered, “I’m sorry, I cheated on you, both of you, I don’t deserve you any more.”

“That’s not a decision to make on your own,” I countered, “Come and talk about it. Maybe you’ll feel better.”

“Go away,” she sobbed, though her tone was begging us not to listen.

“You want me to leave you after what I just did? No way. You’ve been telling me for months you want to obey, to be a toy to play with how I want. You don’t get to take that back so easily, young lady. Now, are you going to come out and be sensible, or do I have to make you?” The grin at the end of that sentence turned it almost into a snarl. I wasn’t sure if I was being too aggressive, but it seemed to be the only thing she’d respond to. I had to do something, I knew. I’d forced her, and there was no way I’d let her deal with the consequences of my actions alone, however much she was willing to.

There was a click, and the door swung open.

“Dammit, Jim, why is that so funny?” she was fuming, but still unable to keep a straight face, “I’m all upset and you’re being a jerk, and I just feel like I’m going to burst out laughing! It’s so different from anything I imagined, I can’t believe you said any of that! I don’t know if I’m supposed to giggle or… or fuck your brains out.” Despite myself, I couldn’t resist a quick smirk at such a display of impotent, self-deprecating frustration.

Olivia put her arms around my waist and held me close. I decided that must be a positive sign.

“I mean, we had a fight! You’re supposed to fight back, scream at me, call me a slut. Or you come grovelling and apologise. You’re not just supposed to do the last thing I expected and then I’m laughing so hard I can’t cry!”

“I never want to put you down, or hurt you,” I whispered, sure she could feel my jaw moving against the side of her head, “and I know you don’t want me to back down, even if you’re really upset. Hell, this wasn’t even a real argument, we all just assumed someone else would be upset.” I realised I was rambling now, and fell back on a cliche to reach some kind of conclusion: “You might say the Alpha is the guy who never loses. But sometimes the only winning move is not to play.”

“Well put, Joshua,” Alex gave me a crooked sideways grin, and I half turned to give her some more of my attention. Maybe we had a bit more in common than I’d first realised.

“Okay, I get it. Make love not war, right?” Olivia grinned, and her laughter seemed infectious today. Another hurdle vaulted, one step closer to happy-ever-after.

“If you insist.”

* * *

In the lounge, one movie gave way to another. The girls should have been thinking about where they were going to be sleeping – with the space issues of 7 teenager girls in a 4-bedroom house, it was sure to be pretty crowded, and the social complexities of a slumber party could be more complex than most adults seemed to realise. The presence of three boys, who Mr Norton hadn’t been expecting when he headed off to his night-shift at work, would make the logistics a lot harder.

But, unsupervised, they were going to stay up a little longer. They weren’t even starting to feel tired yet. Any break from the normal routine was a cause for excitement, and some of the younger girls were already buzzing on a sugar high from the plentiful snacks. The college students – Kiva, Britney, and Delancey – had brought a couple of bottles of cider, but had drunk just enough to be pleasantly relaxed. Even Kevin, who’d never had an excuse to drink before, hadn’t gone to excess. Britney’s boyfriend, Marten, was a pretty good judge of when how much was too much for other people, so he’d discreetly moved all the bottles to the side of the bean-bag the two of them were sitting on.

Really, they should have had an adult supervising them, but I found I had my hands full upstairs. But if Olivia’s friends had one thing in common, it was that they were all quite mature for their ages. It was the youngest boy – Hannelore’s friend Kevin – who was the only one to cause any kind of trouble.

“Hey, look!” He held up a couple of DVD’s, “We got porn!”

“Kev!” Hannelore blushed like a beetroot, “You know we’re not allowed to open that cupboard, dad will go nuts!”

“Who’s going to tell him?” Kevin’s voice was slightly unsteady, and Marten quickly and subtly switched out his glass of shandy for a straight lemonade. “There’s nobody here to tell him, we should check out some of this stuff!”

“Wasn’t there supposed to be somebody watching us?” Lauren blushed uneasily, trying to ignore Kevin’s peculiar smile as he looked back and forth between her and the women on the DVD sleeves.

“Olivia’s dad asked Mr Bicksteen to be the responsible adult, but he’s trying not to get in the way. Probably come down yelling if we set the house on fire, though.”

“It’s not like it’d hurt anyone,” Kevin persisted, “It’s supposed to be a birthday party! Olivia’s like an adult now, so booze and porn is all okay. You should loosen up Laura, you know you– Ow!”

“You’re drunk, Kev,” Cassandra Smoot glared at her brother, massaging some life back into her slapping hand, “Yeah, Olivia’s an adult now, but we were invited by her little sister, so that doesn’t mean we can get hammered. If you really want a porno party, wait fourteen months then you can have it all by yourself.”

Then she paused, tilted her head to one side in thought. “Yeah, I wonder where Jim got to. I’ve seen him a few times, he doesn’t seem the type to ignore Olivia when he’s on chaperone duty. I mean, did you see him driving her to school for her exams last year? It’s like he wants to be a second dad.”

“Where’s Livvy, then?” Hannelore looked around like she’d only just noticed her sister wasn’t in the room. “You can’t have a party without the birthday girl!”

“And Alexandria, too,” Paula added, “Everyone else here is either in college, or little kids.”

“I think…” Britney Porter cut in before Cassandra or Hannelore had time to get offended, then paused a second to think what she was actually going to say, “I think Olivia and Alex had an argument over something, and they didn’t want to be fighting in front of you guys and spoil the party, so they went to sort it out on their own.”

“Oh, that’s cool,” Delancey King adjusted an imaginary pair of glasses, one habit he had yet to grow out of, “I guess we may as well watch another movie, then if they’re not back someone will have to drag them downstairs.”

Marten nodded and tossed the remote to Cassandra. He had his own reasons for worrying about Olivia, but knew there was nothing he could say while his new girlfriend, Kiva, was present. Some things were just better kept secret, for now at least. He’d have to keep his thoughts about what might be happening upstairs to himself.

* * *

We got settled in Olivia’s room. It was comfortable and spacious, taking up the whole attic level of the little house. More importantly, there were two doors that could be bolted; at the top and bottom of a rickety wooden stairway that Mick Norton had installed in place of the old loft ladder. Perfect for privacy. The walls were decorated with woven hangings, some kind of thing made from rushes from a phase when Olivia had a massive world-culture obsession a few years back. On top of those, split logs nailed to the walls made nice decorative shelves, and the spaces were covered with posters for artsy foreign films as well as mainstream celebrities.

Olivia normally had three bean-bags arranged in a half circle in front of her little TV, plenty of space to entertain guests. But today, two of those had been thrown down the stairs to provide enough seats in the more spacious main lounge. So I sat on a desk chair that seemed almost uncomfortably low, Alex took the remaining seat, and Olivia lay back on the lilac-striped bed.

While the girls fidgeted into a more comfortable position, I let my gaze drift over the contents of the desk. The computer was decorated with a variety of glitter-laden stickers. Presumably she’d learned to touch-type now, if she didn’t mind the letters on her keyboard being obscured by tiny Hello Kitty faces and characters from some cartoon series or other. That was the most childish thing in sight; most of the deskspace was covered with books in haphazard yet organised piles, and right in the middle of the corkboard on the wall was a revision timetable. I felt a little glow of pride each time I saw it. Making organisation and planning come naturally was one of the things Olivia had agreed to be hypnotised for, and the only suggestion I could admit to her father. The board also held pictures of two film stars in various tasteful states of undress. One was Sean Connery, though thankfully an image from when I was Olivia’s age, and the younger shirtless man I didn’t know.

“I don’t like these kinds of big choices.” Olivia was the first to break the silence.

“What choice?“Alex answered without a pause for thought, “You don’t get to make choices, remember?”

“Or so you’ve been telling us both,” I added.

“You want me to make all the decisions for you.”

“Or me,” I grinned, amazed how easy it was to lead the conversation. In a situation like this, where thinking too much was bound to leave someone unhappy, I could take the freedom out of my lover’s hands, not giving her a moment to consider, without any kind of ethical dilemma.

“But I told you both…” she managed to interject, “I need to pick–”

“Don’t be silly, Livvy.” Alex interrupted.

“Olivia does what she’s told.” Her face flushed and she pressed her thighs together, trying to stifle a gasp of delight as she recognised one of the weaker magic words my hypnosis had set into her subconscious. It didn’t really change much, but made her acutely aware of how hard it would be to resist if I gave her a direct order. That was always going to bring a blush to her cheeks and dampness to her pants. I was quite sure that right now, any nervousness over what those orders might be would only intensify the heat.

“Oh,” Alex blushed almost as brightly, pink even through her permanent golden tan as a cheshire-cat grin lit up her face. “I guess Olivia really likes doing what she’s told, I’ll need to remember those words.“

“Wouldn’t work so… oh…” Olivia seemed to be having some trouble keeping her composure. I didn’t blame her, the way her body must be overreacting every time she thought about being helpless and controlled. “You can’t just…” she gasped, and gave up for a second.

“I think she’s trying to tell you,” I explained, “that as a safety precaution, all the magic words I’ve trained her to respond to only work when I say them.”

“Not really fair, is it?”

“Well, I didn’t even know you existed until tonight.” I was quite aware that conversations don’t normally flow like this. We were like a pair of comedians, passing the conversational ball back and forth, so there was never an interruption and never a pause. To Olivia, already a little dazed by my trigger words, the effect would be disorienting and mesmerising. And arousing, of course. I mustn’t forget that, and she certainly couldn’t.

“Would you be willing to share these magic words?” Alex took the conversational baton again, like a relay professional, “I mean, if Olivia still wants me.”

“Of course. Switching the trigger words should be relatively easy.”

“But –” Olivia tried to cut in, starting to be nervous. It was fine, exciting even, to give up control in the bedroom. But surrendering responsibility for a potentially life-changing decision was a little too much for her.

“Don’t worry, Livvy,” I had to hand it to her, she didn’t miss a beat, “Safe, Sane and Consensual, right? It’s still your choice just how much control you surrender to me. We can work that out later.”

“You should have told me earlier,” I offered, “It must have been so hard, most of your friends thinking you’re single. At least with Alex, you’ll be able to tell your dad once you got a bit more confidence.”

“You think she’d pick me over you?” Alex looked surprised, actually turning to face me now, and hesitated to break the rhythm of our previously synchronised conversation.

“Maybe,” I said, “And I’ll admit it’s gratifying to think I could have a beautiful young woman all to myself. But we’d never be able to go out properly, people would stare, there’s too many things could go wrong. I love Olivia, and I want her to have a chance at all the happy times that her friends go through.”

“Does she get a choice in that?”

“I don’t know, do you think she should?” I looked at Olivia, met her eyes. She didn’t know whether to cry or not, and I realised our little sport was going too far.

“Wouldn’t be fair,” Alex conceded, “If she’s got to choose between us, she’ll always end up regretting not choosing the other.”

“Well then,” I grinned, “You can be her girlfriend, and do all that freaky lesbian stuff I’ve heard about, and the socially acceptable movies, fancy restaurants, friends and family, dating stuff as well.”

“What–”

“But I don’t think she’d like giving up the freaky hypnosis mind control stuff, either,” the sarcasm in her voice had a slight growl to it, warning me that my last comment had been a bit closer to the edge than I’d intended, “Can you teach me that stuff?”

“Maybe not teach, but I can show you. Might cost you, though.”

“Cost me what?” she was grinning, anticipating the answer. I’d never met someone who could second-guess me so well. It helped that we’d already touched on this while Olivia was in the bathroom, I guessed.

“Well, I might want to borrow your girlfriend occasionally,”

“For a night of cheap thrills and mind games?”

“For a night of mind games and exquisite thrills,” I corrected.

“That’s just messed up!” Olivia burst out, “You can’t…”

“Can’t what?” I paused, and held up a hand to stop Alex talking over her again.

“Look, Olivia. Here’s the serious, grown up talk. I love you. Alex loves you. But she’s said she doesn’t think she gets the dominance and submission thing well enough to satisfy you yet. And if you chose me, you’ll be living a lie in front of all your friends. Some day you’ll have the courage to admit you’re bi, but that much of an age gap won’t ever be acceptable.”

“You don’t have to choose,” Alex put it softly, in fewer words, “You get the best of both worlds. If you still want us.”

For a moment there was total silence,and it felt like the whole world was balanced on aknife edge, waiting to fall and shatter. Then Olivia leapt from her bed and ran towards us, arms outstretched and tears in her eyes. I couldn’t make out the words she bubbled, so overcome by emotion, but I’m pretty sure “Oh my God!” and “I love you!” were both in there somewhere. She wrapped one arm around my waist like half of a deep, passionate embrace, but her other hand grabbed at Alex’s wrist and drew her closer too.

“Does this mean I get two beautiful college girls?” I raised an eyebrow as we all embraced, relief flowing between us as all the tensions I’d not even been aware of in the preceding weeks collapsed.

“Well, I said I’m curious about being controlled, too,” Alex admitted.

“But she’s not interested in cock.”

“That can be changed.” Now both of them had that look of disbelief. I didn’t even know that for sure, but it could be an interesting experiment.

“So… threesome?” Olivia proposed.

“Later,” I had to be stern tonight.

“But–”

“Later. In case you’ve forgotten, there’s a few of your college-girl friends downstairs, and your sister, and her school friends, and some guys your dad doesn’t know about, and a buttload of cakes and wine. I’m supposed to be keeping an eye on everyone, and they must be wondering where birthday girl has got to by now.”

So as we went to rejoin Olivia’s birthday party, all three of us had other things on our minds. Looking forward to that later, and all of us wondering if it was even possible for the night to get any further from what any of us had expected.