The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Whodunme:

A Sweet Story of Erotic Mind Control and Murder Most Foul

Chapter 6

“Deliberation”

by mcguy101 and Aussie Bloke

Suzette LaPoint collapsed into her conference room chair. It had been a long day for Suzette, the longest of her relatively short life. To top off her morning ordeal, she had to play hostess for Fred’s masquerade ball and nursemaid to a group of would-be sleuths. Yes, she knew that both Sam and Jack were professional PI’s, but they were clearly out of their depth. Nothing in their training or make up would prepare them for such a challenge. Jon, while quite bright, educated, and intuitive, did not have the right training himself. Pepper was certainly bright and somewhat street-smart, but she was also in over her head. Still, if they could not solve the mystery, it would mean a long night ahead for her.

Suzette had returned from her hostess duties at the ball, which was still going strong, and she sat at the conference table to wait for the others to return. It was really the first moment all day that she could just be alone to think. Her thoughts drifted back to the muddling foursome. As a fan of mystery and detective fiction, she saw the four as archetypes; if not in ability, at least in appearance and personality. Stocky and dogged Sam was Hammett’s “Continental Op.” Rugged Jack was Chandler’s Philip Marlowe. Jon was Sayers’ brilliant consummate amateur, Lord Peter Wimsey. “Pepper was...” she stalled in her thinking. Then she laughed out loud as she couldn’t help at taking a playful swipe at her ex-rival, “Christie’s Miss ‘Fucking’ Marple.” She grinned. “Well at least she’ll age into the part eventually,” she giggled. Suddenly she became pensive. “Pity there is no Sherlock Holmes around when you need him,” she thought.

A tear ran down Suzette’s cheek when she thought about Fred and the danger she was still in. It was vital for them not to uncover her plan. She needed to just get through until tomorrow afternoon, then she would be home free.

Slowly the investigators returned to the conference room. Sam had Lilly in tow. She was fawning over him the way she used to with Fred. Pepper walked in alone. Jon was pulling a greatly enamored, Anna with him. Finally Jack arrived with a placid, but smiling Sylvia.

“Where is Lydia?” asked Suzette.

“I left her in her room with Jenna guarding her,” replied Pepper.

“Well, has anyone solved the crime?”

There was an extended pause. Before Jon admitted, “No, but I have a few questions for the doctor.”

“As do I,” added Pepper. “Why would Fred be counting empty bottles of the serum and antidote?”

“Actually I know the answer to that one, Pepper,” confessed Suzette. “As of late, Fred had become kind of careful about how much of the serum and antidote were being used. I’m not sure why. It was almost as if he was paranoid.”

Pepper thought about what Suzette had just said. She hadn’t seen that kind of paranoia from Fred in the past, but she knew hadn’t made or freed any slaves recently, so maybe he was making sure the serum or antidote counts were right. What Suzette said could have been true. She ran the business and the house, so she ought to have known.

“Maybe it has to do with the question of clinic expenses,” Pepper mused aloud. Suzette gave her a questioning look.

“My question had to do with Anna, Dr. Chase,” said Jon, interrupting Pepper’s thoughts. “I have found evidence of recent injections. Did you give her the serum?”

Sylvia looked at Jack and he nodded. “No. She received a B1 shot yesterday, as she had been on her feet most of the day with food preparations.”

“I have a question for the Doc too. Doc, did anyone know that Lilly and Lydia are sisters?” asked Sam.

“Yes. Fred, Suzette, and I.

“How did you know?” he asked.

“They have the same genetic markers and blood type. The Count had me check. Lydia came to ask for Lilly’s freedom when she first entered the house. Then he claimed Lydia with the serum,” said Sylvia.

“How does that make you feel, baby?” asked Sam of Lilly.

“Happy, Master. Lydia had learned the joy of having a master,” she beamed.

“Well I have another question for Doctor Chase,” stated Jon.

“Why do you have so many questions for my slave,” asked Jack indignantly.

“Because nobody can verify her whereabouts when Fred was murdered,” replied Pepper.

“And my question may shed some light on this,” said Jon.

Sylvia then looked at Jack again and again he nodded. “What do you wish to know, Dr. Barnett?” she asked.

“Were you aware of Anna’s memory loss?”

“Yes, and her headaches and erratic behavior too. Last night I had examined her. After some simple neurological testing, my theory was that she had a brain tumor.”

“Did you have an MRI done?” Jon followed up.

“We don’t have a machine on the premises. I was going to schedule one today at the Med School. I had even given Anna a consent slip to expedite the process.”

“Then you have proof you ordered the test.” stated Jon.

“The test was not ordered. Needless to say I got sidetracked today,” replied the doctor.

“That’s convenient,” muttered Jon. While he did not necessarily buy the doctor’s explanation, if it were true, it might have explained Anna’s jumbled memories.

“Sylvia, what happened when you had your private meeting with Fred?” asked Pepper.

“We relieved some mutual tension like we did every time we met. You know what I mean, Pepper,” she grinned.

“So you didn’t discuss any business?”

“No, just the business of making love.”

“Speaking of meetings, who was invited to the meeting you called, Suzette?” asked Jack.

Pretty much everyone but Sylvia, Lilly, and Lydia. I sent an e-mail out, but left them off the distribution since they had other responsibilities and they were not essential to the planning of the party anyway. I needed Anna there, so I asked her to come after she was done with Fred’s breakfast.

“Speaking of which, what about your slave?” asked Jack to Jon.

“What about her?” asked Jon.

“She had the greatest opportunity to poison Fred’s breakfast,” inferred Pepper.

“She did make the meal, after all,” said Jack.

Jon looked at Anna and she looked distraught. “I have questioned Anna thoroughly, and don’t believe her to be guilty or at least directly guilty,”

“Directly guilty?” questioned Sam.

Jon knew that Anna would be unable to take the strain from what he was about to say. He also did not want Sylvia in the room. “At this point we should have the slaves wait outside. I have a theory, but want to discuss it with just you four,” said Jon. “I think that makes sense,” agreed Suzette.

Soon Lilly, Sylvia and Anna had adjourned to the connecting office. The strains of Johann Strauss filtered into the conference room as the door opened and they left.

“OK, what’s this theory of yours, Jon?” asked Suzette.

“I think there is a chance that Anna was either manipulated into killing Fred or incapacitated to prevent him from being poisoned.”

“Why do you believe that this happened?” she asked.

“I hypnotized her.”

“Oh please,” groaned Jack.

“I happen to know that Jon is a trained hypnotherapist.” stated Suzette.

“She was probably faking,” said Sam.

“As a professional hypnotist, he’d probably know. What did you find out, Jon?” asked Pepper.

“She has huge memory gaps over the last 48 hours,”

“That can be explained by Sylvia’s diagnosis,” stated Suzette.

“That may not be true, especially if the good doctor is our killer,” proclaimed Jon.

“Or just maybe your psycho cook did it,” sneered Jack.

Suzette knew that things were going to get ugly in a moment so she stepped in to get them back on task. “We only have a little over half an hour left and all I hear are unsupported theories and stupid insults! What do we know for sure?”

“Not much,” admitted Pepper.

“I did get these medical records for the suspects from Sylvia,” said Jack.

“Why are there five folders?” asked Suzette.

“Sylvia said that for some reason one of the sisters reminded her of someone who used to be one of Fred’s girls. I ordered her to get that folder as well, " said Jack.

“You know, I thought Lydia seemed familiar when I saw her. Suzette, wasn’t there a girl who worked at the stables a few years ago…” started Pepper.

“Yes, Lesley...”

“The folder says her name is Lesley B. Williams,” interrupted Jack.

“I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before,” said Suzette.

“She was a quiet girl who kept to herself when she wasn’t in bed with Fred,” remembered Pepper.

“Nothing like Lydia. I really like Lydia, as I’ve gotten to know her pretty well, as she works under me,” replied Suzette. “In more ways than one,” laughed Sam.

Suzette chose to ignore the comment. “What other similarities are there between the two?”

“They both are Blood type ‘O negative’,”

“As is Lilly,” replied Jon, who was looking at the chambermaid’s folder. He set it down and selected a different one. “Do you think that they’re related?” asked Pepper.

“Possibly,” said Suzette.

“What does this have to do with anything? Lydia came to the house to ask for Lilly’s release. This other girl, whoever she is, was already gone, right?” asked Sam.

“True. She hasn’t been here in at least two or three years, right Suzette?” speculated Pepper.

“That sounds about right. I’d have to check the personnel records to be sure,” she answered.

“What about your slave, Sam?” asked Jack, changing the topic.

“What about her?”

“Sylvia told me that Lilly was somewhat jealous of Lydia’s relationship with Fred and Suzette,” stated Jack.

“Lilly used to spend a lot of intimate time with us when she first arrived, but not as much recently,” admitted Suzette. “But guys you’re missing the point. As Pepper will attest, a slave would never intentionally inject themselves or another with either the serum or antidote without Fred’s permission.”

“When were you injected with the antidote?” asked Pepper.

“This morning,” lied Suzette.

“How do we know that?” asked Jack.

“You don’t,” said Suzette gravely.

“It was quite convenient that you broke your morning breakfast ritual with Fred on the day he was poisoned,” said Sam, accusingly.

“What possible motive would I have? I loved Fred! We were getting married!” exclaimed Suzette.

“These wild accusations are not practical! We only have about ten minutes until midnight and we still do not have a clue!” yelled Pepper.

“But we’ve had a number of clues. We just haven’t been able to piece them together... until now.” stated Jon as he looked up from his notes. “Everyone! I think I know who killed Fred and how it happened,” he smiled grimly.

Fade to Black.

A solitary spotlight shines on Suzette as she turns to face the reader.

“Jon does know. Do you? Who killed my fiancée and who or what made it possible? Was it Lydia, the secretary? Or maybe her sister, Lilly, the chambermaid? Was it Anna, the chef? Or perhaps Sylvia, the doctor? Could it even have been me or someone else? I will give you a hint. The timing of the poisoning is important. Also, the guilty party lied about something relatively small, that was missed because a follow up question was not asked. Another question that could have shed some light on motive, also remained unasked.

“This will require some deductive reasoning, as certain aspects of this case are not apparent, but the answer is there, if you look hard enough. Think about it, and if you know the answer, e-mail mcguy101. The answer must contain the name of the killer, how it was possible for them to poison Count Frederic Baronsky, and when the poisoning actually happened. A winner or two will be picked at random to get a small cameo appearance in the next chapter.”

Fade to Black.