The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Apprenticeship

Part 15

Not for those under 18 (or whatever the legal age for this sort of stuff is in your area). If you’re not that old, Boo! Go away now. If you are offended by graphic descriptions of sexual activities, especially non-consensual ones, then don’t read this. All characters and situations are fictional.

Copyright © 2020

Archived on the Erotic Mind Control web site by permission of the author. This story may be downloaded for personal archiving as long as this notice is retained.

“Oh God, she’s hot. I’d do her in a second.”

Alice wasn’t sure exactly who her friend Tanya was talking about. It wasn’t as if their school was short of hot girls. Tanya might mean Melanie, or Dawn, the two friends waiting in line at the canteen before they’d could head to the table Alice and Tanya had already claimed for lunch. It probably wasn’t Mia that Tanya was talking about. Not that Mia wasn’t hot. She was. But you didn’t have to just talk about taking Mia. As long as you were hot yourself Mia would happily oblige.

And Tanya was definitely hot.

“She could hold me down. Lick my tits. I wouldn’t be able to do anything to stop her.”

Alice squirmed uncomfortably in her seat. Not at the graphic nature of Tanya’s description. She and Sandra were far more explicit with each other. But it wasn’t the sort of thing Tanya would say.

Except it was, now. After what Alice had done to her friend.

“I’d be so wet for her.”

Maybe she should make some more changes to Tanya. Tanya being into girls was great, but maybe Alice should make her more like she’d been. Or maybe more sophisticated. Or something.

She could do anything to Tanya.

Alice squirmed in her seat again, guilt gnawing at her. She’d done enough to her friend already.

Hadn’t she?

Have you? Angela laughed, Alice shrinking in on herself at the sound of the woman’s voice in her head. Even as the thought of what she could do to her friend sparked her arousal.

“This is so much better now,” Tanya continued, oblivious to Alice’s doubts. “I wish I’d come out to you years ago. You should have told me about you and Sandra.”

“Sorry,” Alice apologised. It wasn’t just the hiding of the truth about her sexuality she was apologising for. “I just. You know. I was afraid.” However scared she’d felt she should have told her friends that she was gay rather than hiding it. Then she and Tanya could have been comparing notes on hot girls for all that time.

Alice screwed her eyes shut and shook her head. She might have been gay for years. Right? Of course that was right. It had to be. There was a certainty to it, coloured blue. Who knew certainty could have a colour? But Tanya hadn’t always been gay. Whatever Alice’s friend might think now. Tanya had only be gay for days.

Although she’d been busily making up for lost time.

With Alice. And Sandra. And Alice and Sandra. And Mia. And who knew who else.

Alice could know. She could reach out to Tanya’s candle. Slip into her friend’s mind. She could know who Tanya had been with. She could do anything she wanted to Tanya.

Alice shook her head. She wasn’t going to do that. Alice suppressed the shiver of guilt at what she’d done to her friend. She tried telling herself that it was better this way. They could be so much better friends now. And with Tanya being into girls Alice wouldn’t have to push her friend away.

That made sense.

It had to.

“And that she’s a teacher makes it so much hotter.”

Alice followed the line of her friend’s gaze.

Oh. Of course.

Tanya was staring unabashedly at Miss Lucas, the red-headed English teacher across the way, admonishing Chloe for another misdemeanour, the athletic girl fuming at the shorter woman. Alice didn’t care about that. She did care how good Miss Lucas’ arse looked in her short skirt.

“Her hair’s gorgeous.” It looked like Tanya had been focussed on a different one of Miss Lucas’ assets. “Oh God, I wonder what it would feel like? It looks so soft. Like silk, right?”

“She’s a teacher, Tanya,” Alice hissed.

“Yeah?” her friend shot back, fluttering her eyelids in the redhead’s direction. “So? She could be in to girls.”

“I doubt she’s in to students,” Alice pointed out.

“I can dream,” Tanya grinned. “I’ve been dreaming about her all year.”

Tanya only thought she’d been fantasising about their attractive teacher. That didn’t stop her pulling out her lip gloss and slowly applying it while pointedly continuing to look in Miss Lucas’ direction. Tanya was such a tease. Their teacher frowned back in return, appearing not to understand what Tanya was about.

After putting away her gloss Tanya started wiggling in her seat, trying to give Miss Lucas a good view of her chest. The red-headed teacher shook her head before walking off. Alice couldn’t quite rid herself of that shiver of guilt. Tanya was only a tease because of what Alice had done to her.

“What do you think of Miss Lucas, Mia?” Tanya asked, the brunette having joined them.

“She’s hot,” Mia shrugged, glancing over her shoulder at the young teacher before turning back to the friends. “I’d do her.”

“See?” Tanya smiled gleefully at Alice. “Told you!”

“But if you’re into redheads,” Mia continued, ignoring Tanya’s exclamation. “Sophie is much hotter.”

“Is not!” Tanya snapped glaring at Mia.

“Is so,” Mia grinned before she sank into a sigh. “She’s dreamy.”

“I told you to leave Sophie alone,” Alice fumed. She couldn’t say any more, not with Tanya able to overhear. She could use Mia’s candle, but having the girl blank out in front of everyone was just as risky.

“I am leaving her alone,” Mia smiled cheekily. “Doesn’t mean I can’t talk about her.”

Too fucking smart, Alice sighed. But she let it go. Mia and Tanya were still arguing over which redhead was more attractive, Sophie or Miss Lucas. Alice remembered doing that with Tanya. Except it had been boys they’d argued over. Back before all this. Back when Alice had been hiding who she was and Tanya had been, well, Tanya. She pushed that thought away. She was going to take this for what she could. Friends arguing over who was hotter. If it was girls they were arguing over, well that was just who they were now.

Alice’s thoughts were disrupted by the arrival of her girlfriend, Alice gratefully sinking in to Sandra’s embrace as her girlfriend nuzzled her neck.

“What are they arguing about?” Sandra asked.

“Who’s hotter, Miss Lucas or Sophie.”

Sandra raised an eyebrow at Alice before turning to the bickering pair. “Miss Lucas? She’s a teacher. She’s old.”

“She’s only a few years older than us,” Tanya grizzled defensively. “This is her first year teaching.”

“Sophie’s hotter, but I’d do Miss Lucas,” Mia chipped in, turning from arguing with Tanya to defending her.

“Yeah,” Sandra grinned. “But ah, you’re not,”

“Choosy?” Mia grinned. “I’m a slut. So what? They still have to be hot.”

“Who’s a slut?” Dawn asked, the dark-skinned girl and her friend Melanie finally joining the group.

“Mia,” Sandra informed her friend.

“Oh,” Dawn replied. It wasn’t exactly news.

Mia and Tanya fell back to their bickering as everyone ate their lunch. Alice thought about deflecting her friend’s attention from the teacher. She could. So easily. Reach out to the candle. Twist Tanya’s thoughts. Her feelings. But she’d done enough to her friend.

“You still going to tell her about the others this afternoon?” Sandra whispered, indicating Tanya.

Alice hadn’t done enough to her friend. Not yet. There was still the matter of letting Tanya know just how much control Alice had over Dawn and Melanie and Mia. She’d need to convince Tanya how much fun it was to play with Alice’s dolls. And she’d agreed with Sandra that there was no point putting it off any longer.

Regret washed through Alice as she glanced at her friend, Tanya resting her chin on her hands as she gazed longingly at the English teacher. Tanya hadn’t asked for what Alice had done to her. But it was better this way. Alice had to believe that.

Maybe she could just talk to Tanya.

“You what?” Tanya screamed, later that day, after classes were finished.

“They’re my dolls,” Alice explained nervously. She’d already told Tanya that. It hadn’t gone over well. “Or they’re going to be. It was that or Sandra and I would be. You too. Probably.”

Tanya simply stared at her, open mouthed for a moment. “You, you. You can’t just do that to someone. Make them into a toy.”

Alice considered pointing out to her friend that she could do it. But she knew what Tanya meant. That she shouldn’t do it.

But it was so hot. Watching as the light drained out of their eyes. As the thoughts drained out of their heads. As she bent and twisted their minds. Made them so eager to play.

“I had to. I didn’t have a choice,” Alice insisted lamely.

Alice’s friend didn’t look convinced at all, folding her arms over her chest. Even angry she still looked so yummy. “There’s always a choice,” Tanya fumed. “This is wrong. You have to fix this.”

Alice didn’t know how to fix it. Angela had made it very clear. Either she and Sandra prove they could be doll owners or they’d be dolls themselves.

Alice wasn’t letting that happen to her girlfriend. “But Sandra.”

Tanya brushed aside Alice’s protestation. “You have to stop this! What were you thinking? Magic candles? That sounds so stupid. If I didn’t know better I’d think you’d gone mad. I thought Melanie and Dawn had just been hiding what they were. I mean I was. But I should have realised Mia wasn’t a closet nympho all this time. God, Alice you have to fix this. Right now!”

Alice was thankful she hadn’t also explained what she’d done to Tanya. Her friend might be angry now but she’d probably explode if Alice revealed that part of the story.

But Tanya was right about one thing. Alice did have to fix this.

“And then you have to do something about your sister,” Tanya continued. “You can’t let that woman take her.”

Alice agreed with that too. But she wasn’t really listening to her friend. She was more interested in what Tanya was doing.

What Alice was making her do.

“Look at the candle, Tanya.”

“What?” Tanya gazed down at her hands, confused, her eyes widening as she took in the jade green candle she now held. She’d continued going on about how Alice needed to fix everything as she’d pulled her candle out of her bag. She’d hadn’t known what she was doing.

Alice had known.

Alice had made her friend do it.

“Look at the candle, Tanya,” Alice commanded, reaching out to it.

Tanya’s eyes didn’t leave the candle. She had no choice but to obey.

No choice at all.

“Just look at it,” Alice continued, trying not to feel guilty about what she was doing. It was what she should have known she’d have to do. It had been a vain hope that Tanya would understand without this. “Just gaze at it. You don’t have to think about anything else. You don’t have to think at all.”

She could feel the thoughts stilling inside her friend’s head, seeping away into nothingness, Alice’s arousal rising as Tanya’s mind blanked. Alice’s friend was just standing there, so still, hardly breathing. Her features were calm now, blank, her almond eyes wide and empty.

She was so beautiful.

Alice was so turned on. How could she not be? Tanya was so pretty. And pretty girls always turned Alice on. Always.

Especially when she was controlling them.

She could kiss Tanya. She could kiss her any time. But right now, with Tanya’s lips just so slightly parted and nothing in her friend’s head, those lips just begged to be kissed. She could do more. Anything. Alice’s eyes slipped to her friend’s chest. Alice knew exactly how good Tanya’s nipples tasted, with Alice’s lips locked around them.

There wasn’t time for that now. No matter how hard her own nipples had become. There were things she had to do. Tanya was right. Alice had to fix this.

With a thought from Alice the candle’s wick caught fire, its light reflecting in Tanya’s empty eyes.

“Look at the light. See how it flickers. It’s so pretty. The only things in your head are the light and my voice. You believe my voice. What my voice says is true.”

Tanya believed every word Alice said.

Alice’s nipples were so hard. Her core was on fire. It would so easy to just fuck Tanya. Lose herself in the pleasure her friend offered. But she couldn’t afford to indulge herself like that now.

Maybe later.

“Remember when we were young, Tanya,” Alice began. “We’d play with dolls. We used to love playing with dolls.”

She let the memories rise in her friend’s mind. The two of them, playing with dolls. Pretty dolls. Dressing them up. Having them act out little games.

“Remember how much fun it was. How much you enjoyed it.” Tanya had always loved their games.

Alice let her friend remember that. Right then Tanya couldn’t remember anything else. Where she was. What they were doing.

Her own name.

“You and me, playing with dolls.” It had been so good. Just two children, playing with dolls. So simple. Not like now. But maybe it would be again. “Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with dolls again? But better dolls. Pretty dolls. Dolls who will do anything we want.”

Tanya’s mind was so soft now, Alice’s friend caught in the light of the candle, jade green shadows flickering across Tanya’s face. How did the candle light do that? It didn’t matter. Alice could do anything she wanted to her friend. She could make Tanya into her doll. At least start doing it. Tanya would make such a pretty doll, with her slim figure and perfect complexion.

No!

Alice wasn’t going to do that. Melanie and Dawn had been mean. And Mia was happy now. Much happier than she’d been

At least that’s what Alice told herself.

But it was different with Tanya.

No matter how hot it was to have Tanya just stand there. Her mind soft and warm and open.

Just like her pussy was when Alice fucked her.

“You love fucking me,” Alice told her friend. She couldn’t help herself. It wasn’t what she was supposed to be doing. But it felt so good. Being in someone’s mind. Changing them. Alice was swept up in it, the sensation wrapping around her, coursing through her. Like her arousal sang through her.

“It’s so good. You love it. You love girls. You love the way they taste.”

But Tanya already knew all that. Alice had seen to it. She needed to do something more. Anything. She needed to. Had to. She couldn’t resist. Alice’s eyes fell to her friend’s legs. Tanya looked so good now, in her uniform, the pleats complimenting her thighs, Alice’s lips moistening at the sight.

“Dresses. Skirts. You love them. Not jeans. Or trousers. Or shorts. And remember that underneath them you love wearing silk panties.”

Was Tanya wearing silk panties today? Alice could find out. If Tanya only wore dresses or skirts it would be so easy to always know.

“Dresses and skirts. That’s all you’ll wear.”

Alice was telling her friend how to dress.

Like a doll.

No!

Tanya wasn’t a doll. Wasn’t going to be a doll. But she had to want to play with dolls.

“You love girls. You love the idea of playing with them. It’s okay for me to own dolls. It’s just like when we were kids. We’d play with our dolls.”

She was changing her friend. It was so easy. Things that should have been so hard and fast in Tanya’s head changed with just the touch of Alice’s thoughts. Right and wrong. Good and bad. They were whatever Alice said they were.

Alice could hardly force the words out, her heart pounding in her chest and her pussy burning as she gazed at her mindless friend.

“You want to play with my dolls. You want me to have dolls. Life-size, living, pretty, dolls. You want Sandra to have dolls. You’re our friend. You’ll happily play with our dolls.”

Alice knew what she meant by play. So did Tanya, now. Not just dress up and act out little scenes, like they’d done with those plastic toys. It seemed so long ago now. But more, so much more. Have the dolls do whatever they wanted. Kiss them. Lick them. Fuck them.

Pretty dolls, just doing what they were told, like good dolls should.

“It turns you on, so hard. You want them. You want to play with them. You want to fuck them. You want them to fuck you. It’ll be so much fun, playing with dolls with your friends. You love it. It makes you wet.”

Even with how soft Tanya’s mind was Alice could feel her friend’s resistance. The lights in her friend’s head didn’t want to be where she’d shifted them to, however easy it had been to move them. They wanted to go back where they’d been. Take Tanya’s thoughts back to what they’d been. What Alice had done would stick for now. But she’d need to do this again. Maybe a few times. Before it took. Before Tanya’s mind hardened around her new thoughts. Before they set, like a candle in a mould.

But that was alright. It meant Alice would get to gaze at her friend again, as Tanya simply stood there, mindless, holding her candle. As Alice bent and twisted her friend’s mind.

Alice came at the thought, a hand flinging out to the wall to hold herself up as the fire roared through her. She pressed the balled fist of her other hand into her mouth to stop herself crying out.

Once she had control of herself again Alice had her friend put the candle away. Her eyes roamed over Tanya’s body as the slim girl slipped the candle back into her bag.

“Are you okay?” Tanya asked, Alice’s heart sinking at the concern in her friend’s voice.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Alice replied, hoping the reassuring look she gave her friend was convincing. Alice’s eyes were fixed on Tanya’s hand as her friend smoothed out her skirt. Tanya would always wear skirts now. Or dresses. Alice had done that to her.

I shouldn’t have, she told herself.

But it had felt so good. Even now, just the thought of what she’d done had Alice’s arousal burning.

“So, we going to go see your dolls now?” Tanya grinned.

It was so different to the attitude she’d had minutes before. Something else Alice had done to her friend.

All Alice could do was nod in response to Tanya’s question, guilt warring with arousal.

“Are they all going to be there?”

Alice shook herself. This was the way it had to be. The only way she could keep her friend. “Yeah,” she grinned. “Want to play with them?”

“You know I do,” Tanya grinned back. “Just like old times.”

Except it wasn’t.

It was so much better now.

Alice’s daydreams of a pleasant afternoon moulding her dolls as she and Sandra and Tanya played with them were brought up short as she entered the storeroom. Sandra was there. And Melanie and Dawn and Mia. The three brunettes already had their sky blue candles out, candles the colour of Alice’s eyes. The girls were staring into them, empty-eyed, their minds just as vacant.

But they weren’t the only ones in the room.

“What’s she doing here?” Alice cried.

There was another girl in the room. Holding a candle. Staring at it, eyes vacant. Except this candle was jade green. Like Tanya’s.

Alice couldn’t believe what she was seeing. “Chloe will kill us if she finds out!”

It was Sophie, Chloe’s cousin, standing there, barely a thought in her pretty head, holding a candle that Sandra had to have made.

“She won’t find out,” Alice’s girlfriend huffed. “And you’re not the only one who has to prove themselves. I need to make a doll as well. And Mia’s right, she is hot.”

For a moment Alice didn’t know what to say. Sandra did have a point. They both needed to convince Angela that they could be doll owners. And Sophie did look so pretty, standing there, a dusting of freckles across her cheeks and her blue eyes so, so, empty. She wasn’t moving at all, her mind just as still.

Arousal rippled through Alice.

“You should have talked to me about it!” Alice cried. It didn’t matter how attractive a sight Sophie presented. “We’re in this together.”

Sandra opened her mouth, a flash of anger in her eyes. “You!” Then she stopped, took a deep breath. The look she gave Alice, all wide eyed and nervous, almost made Alice’s heart break. “I’m sorry. I just. I’m scared, alright Alice? I’m scared. I don’t want to be a doll. And I don’t know if that makes it all right to do it to them. But I can’t, I just can’t let someone do that to me.”

Alice couldn’t stay angry with her girlfriend, taking Sandra into her arms. “It’ll be okay,” she whispered.

“Will it?’ Sandra asked, her eyes so sad. “What the fuck have we gotten into? And I’m sorry, I should have talked to you. I’m like that. I’m sorry, I just do things. I’m selfish. And mean. But I can’t be a doll. And I can’t let you be one. That scares me too much. Who knows what she’d do to us? Change us God knows how? I can’t lose you. I wish we could go back to how it was before all this. Just you and me.”

Gently Alice stroked her girlfriend’s hair. “Shush,” Alice whispered. “It’ll be okay. We’ll look after them. Better than she would. We’ll look after each other.”

“Promise?” Sandra asked, her jade green eyes wide and vulnerable.

“I promise,” Alice replied. She didn’t know if it was a promise she could keep.

But it was one she needed to make.

“How far have you got with her?” Alice asked eventually, examining Sophie’s unmoving figure, the girl’s eyes still fixed on her candle.

“Not very,” Sandra admitted. “I only gave it her to just before coming here.”

Alice reached out, her awareness touching the candle before flowing into Sophie’s mind. There was so little there.

I want to be a doll.

I love being a doll.

Good dolls obey.

“You’ll need to make her into girls,” Alice observed. That was a tempting prospect. Sophie was beautiful, a cute little nose and soft looking cheeks to go with her blue eyes. Under her blouse the swell of her breasts was enough to promise all sorts of fun. She had slim hips and long, lean legs and Alice just wanted to lick them from ankle to crotch.

“She sort of is, already,” Sandra shrugged. “Curious anyway. Remember her and Mia were making out. Won’t take much to make her totally into girls.”

“You want to do that?” Alice asked, her finger tips resting lightly on the girl’s cheek. “Or leave her liking boys a bit? Might be less suspicious that way.”

Sandra considered the question for a moment, her head cocked to one side. Alice loved that gesture.

But then, she loved everything about her girlfriend.

“That’s a point,” Sandra conceded. “Don’t want to set Chloe off. I’m guessing you ‘talked’ to Tanya. You want to wake her up?”

Alice had almost forgotten about her friend. Tanya was standing there, like the other girls, staring into her candle. Alice wasn’t sure if it was her or Sandra who had made Tanya do that. It was so easy to forget everything else when her girlfriend was around.

With a thought she had Tanya put her candle away, then restarted her friend’s mind.

“Oh wow,” Tanya cried, awestruck. “They look so cool!” She was staring from one girl to another, her eyes wide and an eager look on her face. “Can I, uh?”

“Kiss one?” Alice suggested. “Sure. Nothing else, for now. They need to stew a bit.”

She could sense the thoughts in heads of the three girls lined up with Sophie. The candles made it so easy, the girls staring glassily at the flames. And there were so few thoughts there anyway. How much they wanted to be dolls. How much they wanted to obey.

More than thoughts, Alice could sense things shifting, deep inside the girls. Right at the core of their being. How much they needed to be owned. How much they wanted to play.

So like dolls.

But she couldn’t quite reach that part of them. Angela hadn’t told her how.

Soon.

“God, which one?” Tanya gushed. “They’re all so gorgeous.”

“I’d thought you’d want Sophie,” Sandra laughed. “Aren’t you into redheads? Like Miss Lucas.”

“Just because I like her doesn’t mean I’m into any redhead. I mean, yeah, Sophie’s cute, sure. But the others are too. And Dawn, well, you know.”

Tanya stretched up on her toes to reach the dark-skinned girl’s lips.

Alice couldn’t help grinning as she watched. Tanya was so eager, sinking into the kiss, as Dawn didn’t react at all.

“Can we get her to kiss me back?” Tanya asked

“Later,” Alice assured her friend. Right now the girls needed to listen to their candles. They were so lost in them. Nothing more than things to be shaped.

Like Tanya could be.

I shouldn’t.

But she could.

She’s not a doll.

She could still change her friend.

“Get your candle Tanya,” Alice ordered.

Tanya instantly forgot Dawn, spinning around and heading for her bag.

There was something Tanya had said.

“You’re totally into redheads,” Alice declared as Tanya stared mindlessly into her candle. “You love them. Pretty, redheaded, girls. God, they turn you on so hard. You want them.”

“Alice” Sandra protested, grabbing Alice’s arm. “What the hell? I didn’t think you wanted her as a doll.”

“She’s not going to be a doll,” Alice insisted, shaking off Sandra’s grip. “But that doesn’t mean I can’t have some fun with her.”

“I thought she was your friend.”

“She is,” Alice grumbled.

Sandra was frowning at her, Alice’s girlfriend’s lips forming a thin line. “Then you shouldn’t treat her like the rest of them.”

Alice didn’t see what the problem was. “Melanie and Dawn are your friends.”

“Yeah,” Sandra shot back. “And they were mean to us. So they get what they get. But Tanya wasn’t.”

“After taking Sophie without talking to me you don’t get to tell me what to do with Tanya.” Then she’d realised that Sandra was using the same argument Alice had tried telling herself. “Oh all right,” Alice huffed irritably. “I won’t do anything else to her.”

Probably.

“Put your candle away Tanya.”

Mindlessly Tanya returned her candle to her bag again. Then blinked, her eyes focussing on Sophie.

“Oh, God, she’s gorgeous,” Alice’s friend breathed, arousal colouring her voice. “I want to do her so bad. I still think Miss Lucas is hotter. But, oh fuck.” Tanya’s hand was reaching for Sophie’s chest. “Can I play with her? Please?”

“Not yet,” Alice admonished her friend. “She’s not ready yet. They’ll need a bit longer.”

Tanya’s eyes were still fixed on Sophie. “I think I have a thing for redheads. I mean, they’re just so, so, adorable. With those freckles and… God, I just want to. Do you think she?”

Tanya’s gaze had fallen to Sophie’s crotch. Alice had a pretty good idea of what her friend was asking. Did Sophie shave? Somehow Alice doubted that the girl did. But Sophie was going to be Sandra’s doll. What Sophie did with her body was going to be Alice’s girlfriend’s decision.

If she doesn’t now, she will, Alice could hear the grin behind her girlfriend’s thought. Full-body laser for her. Who wants a hairy doll?

Tanya tore herself away from the motionless redhead. “Well,” Alice’s friend smiled, lips just curving and playful light flashing in her eyes. “If we can’t play with them what are we going to do? I mean, we have to think of something.”

The fingers of one of Tanya’s hands were twirling in the ends of her silky black hair, her smile growing just a little broader as she cocked her hips at the two blondes.

Tanya was such a tease.

That was so much fun.

As Tanya’s other hand started playing across the top of her chest Alice forgot all about her guilt and anger.

Soon, buried in a tangle of limbs with her friend and her girlfriend, she forgot everything else.

It was even better once their dolls joined in.

It was so easy, every afternoon, meeting her girlfriend and her friend and their dolls. Changing their dolls. Playing with them. Sophie took so well to eating them out. Mia had been teaching her so well. Tanya loved the redhead best of all.

Alice hardly blinked when she talked to any of them during the day. She could forget her guilt.

For a little while.

“Mia and Tanya are in the nurse’s station,” Dawn announced, unusually turning up alone for lunch one day.

“What?” Alice cried, concerned about her friend. “What happened?”

“Don’t know,” the brunette shrugged. “Something about a fall down some stairs. And something about Sophie. Melanie’s gone to find out. She said I should tell you.”

That didn’t surprise Alice. Of all their dolls Melanie was the easiest to mould. The one who resisted the least. Determinedly Alice pushed away the guilt at what it meant that the girls resisted at all.

But if any of the girls would act like a loyal little doll it would be Melanie.

“Come on,” Sandra declared, hurriedly rising from her seat. Alice could feel concern radiating from her girlfriend. Sophie was her doll. Sandra didn’t want anything happening to her toy.

“I’m alright,” Alice heard Tanya insist as she entered the nurse’s station. There was only Melanie in the outer office, the girl standing there with a look of anguish on her face. Tanya’s voice had come from the examination room, strain in that voice that didn’t match Alice’s friend’s statement.

“I’m not sure you are, young lady,” Alice heard the school nurse, Mrs Carlyle, declare forcefully. “There’s a lot of bruising and I’m worried there’s a cracked rib in there. I’m calling an ambulance and your parents. You’re going to the hospital. You too, Mia.”

Alice couldn’t wait any longer, anxiety sending hot pokers through her as she rushed into the examination room. “Tanya!” she cried. “Are you alright?”

Alice’s friend was sitting perched on the edge of the medical bed, one arm propping her up as the other was gently wrapped around her chest. She shot Alice a rueful smile as Mrs Carlyle peered at her thoughtfully. Mia was sitting quietly in a chair, looking sorry for herself. Alice didn’t know who to turn to first.

“No, they’re not alright,” Mrs Carlyle grumbled, the forty-year old brunette sounding distinctly unhappy. “Are these your friends?” she asked her two patients. At their confirming nods she turned back to Alice and the rest. “Hmm, alright. You can sit with them while I make the calls. And maybe you can get them to tell me the truth. I don’t buy this story about a fall down the stairs. You don’t bruise just on your chest if that happens.”

“What happened?” Alice asked in a hushed whisper after the older woman had headed to the outer office, Sandra lurking at the doorway to keep an eye on her.

Tanya glanced sheepishly at her. “Well, um. We fell. Down the stairs.”

Alice didn’t need to use her friend’s candle to know that Tanya was lying.

“It was Chloe,” Mia calmly informed everyone. “She and her friends beat us up.”

“What?” Alice cried, then quickly lowered her voice so the nurse didn’t overhear. “Why did she do that?” She heard Sandra mutter something that involved murder.

“We were playing with Sophie and Chloe found us,” Mia shrugged.

Alice went to cry out again and then stopped herself. “What?” she hissed. “I told you to leave Sophie alone.” Even if the pretty redhead was going to be Alice’s doll they still needed to be careful of her cousin. Even more because of that. It still left the question of why Mia disobeyed her order. And why the girl was so calm. Alice could tell she was in pain.

“Well,” Mia explained patiently. “I’m your doll. And Sophie is Sandra’s doll. And Tanya’s your friend. So when she said she wanted to play with Sophie and told me to come along, I did. A good doll obeys. And that was my latest order. She is your friend.”

Alice could feel her mouth hanging open. Mia sounded so matter of fact. She didn’t know what to do. At least Sandra had the good sense to shut Melanie and Dawn down. “What the hell?” Sandra whispered. “I’ll keep the nurse busy. Find out what the fuck is going on.”

Alice’s head was spinning. Mia shouldn’t know any of that. And if she did, she shouldn’t be sitting there calmly discussing it.

I made her forget. I’m sure I made her forget. Alice wracked her memory, going over all the times she’d had Mia staring at the candle, empty, vacant, only the thoughts Alice had given her in her head. And then making Mia forget that. She was sure she hadn’t slipped up.

You didn’t, Angela’s voice laughed in her head. Such a clever, sweet, little thing you are. But dolls need to know they are dolls. And I wanted to see how you’d be with one that did. So I gave her a little push.

Alice seethed. She wasn’t sure who she was angrier at. Angela, for interfering. Herself, for not realising it. Tanya, for playing with her and Sandra’s dolls without asking. Sandra, for starting to make Sophie into a doll without talking to her about it. Even Mia, for being so calm in the middle of all this.

That last, she knew, was unfair.

“I should probably be angry at you, I suppose,” Mia mused. She shook her head. “Really, really angry. Making me into your toy? That’s just wrong. I’m a person, not a toy. Or at least I was. I could actually tell you all the reasons it’s wrong. All the philosophical, social and economic problems with slavery. That’s what this is, really. But I’m not angry. I really like it. I want to be your doll. I really do. I love the idea. I suppose that’s part of it, isn’t it?”

Not for the first time, Alice was reminded that Mia was smarter than she was. Maybe the brunette should have been the owner and Alice the toy. She could imagine herself, staring at a candle, her head empty of any thoughts except those someone else put there.

She doesn’t have your strength, Angela pointed out. She’d never make a good owner. But you can both be toys if you want.

Angrily, Alice pushed the other blonde’s voice aside

“I guess it is part of it. I want to be your doll” Mia continued, looking faintly surprised, as if she was trying something on and found it fit unexpectedly well. “Can I ask one thing though?”

The girl had such an earnest look on her face that Alice could only nod in return.

“Don’t make me dumb,” the brunette asked. “I don’t mind being a slut. Hell, I love it. I probably wouldn’t have before this. But sex is so much fun. And dressing up and showing off and. Anyway. I don’t want to be stupid. I like being smart. I can be your smart, slutty, doll. Please?”

The look on Mia’s face was so pleading, Alice’s heart melted. Mia was hers. Her doll. Hers to look after. She couldn’t refuse the girl. And anyway, a good owner needed all sorts of dolls in her collection.

“Sure,” she smiled at Mia. “But dolls have to learn their place. No playing with Sophie unless I say so.”

Mia just nodded and smiled happily. Then grimaced, the movement obviously setting off her injury.

Alice rounded on Tanya. Alice’s doll had been hurt and it was her friend’s fault. “What were you doing?” Alice hissed. “You know what Chloe’s like and you shouldn’t have played with them without asking us. They’re not yours!”

“Sorry,” Tanya mumbled apologetically. “But Sophie is just, so, so yummy. I mean, I just couldn’t resist. She was ahead of me in the corridor, with all that red hair tumbling down her back and I just had to. And I know Mia likes her, so I invited her along. I didn’t know she knew she was your doll. Do the others know? I thought we had to keep it secret from them?”

“We do!” Alice insisted, barely resisting the urge to stamp her foot. This was getting out of control. She couldn’t stay angry at Tanya. Alice was the one who had made her into redheads. Made them so tempting to Tanya that the girl just melted at the sight of them. Alice knew it was her responsibility. She was the owner here. “Mia, like I said, no playing with Sophie unless I say so. Tanya, they’re our dolls, not yours, so you have to ask before playing with them. And yes, the others don’t know. So no talking to them about it. Now we just have to work out what to do about Chloe. I suppose I could give her a candle.”

“Not sure that would be a good idea,” Sandra whispered, Alice starting at the sound of her girlfriend’s voice behind her. “Don’t worry, I’ve got Melanie and Dawn with the nurse now. So we’ve still got some time. But do you really want Chloe as a doll? What would she be? Angry homophobe doll?”

“I could fix that,” Alice replied through gritted teeth, the very idea of Sophie’s cousin setting her on edge. She could change Chloe though. Maybe she could be the bimbo Mia didn’t want to be. She had an image of Chloe, bright smile and vacant eyes and so into girls. “And anyway, none of this would have happened if you’d left Sophie alone.”

“I needed a doll,” Sandra shot back, her green eyes flashing with anger to match Alice’s. Then she grimaced. “Don’t be like that Alice. You know I did. Please? I love you.”

Sandra reached out to embrace her. It felt good, but it didn’t wash all Alice’s anger away.

“You sure about making Chloe into a doll?” Sandra whispered after a few moment. “We’d probably end needing to do all her friends as well. Being lumbered with that lot. Just, urrgh. No. And all the other Chloes in the world? Yuck. I’ve got a better idea.”

Alice’s eyes widened in surprise as Sandra whispered her plans into her ear.

(To be continued)