The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Dominant Species

Chapter 9 Part A

GATBYS’ GAME: THE END OF ALL THINGS GOOD.

And so the opening strains of ‘Son of Preacher Man’ enveloped the room. The sound system like the TV was the most expensive money could buy because as with film, music was one of the vampire’s true loves and joys that mankind had bestowed on him. As the dulcet tones of Dusty Springfield filled the room it seemed as though she were right there, performing for them. When the song started, Ray’s face was inches from Sammi’s, their eyes locked. He started to whisper the words to her.

Billy Ray was a preacher’s son and when his daddy would visit he’d come along.
When they gathered around and started talkin’ That’s when Billy would take me
walkin’ Out through the back yard we’d go walkin’

And much to her surprise, Sammi knew the words! It was actually happening just as Ray and Staci had promised! This thrilled her no end. It was real magic! She was so happy magic really existed! Billy Ray had been telling her the truth! He was just like a real life Santa Claus!

And she started whispering them right back to Billy Ray, a grin breaking out first on Sammi’s face then Billy Ray’s. He nodded in encouragement.

Then he’d look into my eyes….Lord knows to my surprise

As the song went on and Sammi’s confidence increased her voice rose and blended in with Springfield’s and Ray’s. And it was a lovely voice, like that of a little angel. And as they sang to each other, her louder and leading and secure, his soft in accompaniment he reached up and started running his hand through her soft blonde hair.

The only one who could ever reach me..Was the son of a preacher man
The only boy who could ever teach me…Was the son of a preacher man
Yes he was, he was, ooh, yes he was..ooh, yes he was

When the next lines came from her mouth, Sammi looked pensive and sad as if it was her own words she was singing.

Bein’ good isn’t always easy…No matter how hard I try...

Billy Ray leaned closer, his hands holding her cheeks tenderly. “No it isn’t,” he whispered.

When he started sweet-talkin’ to me..He’d come and tell me everything’s alright

“Everything’s alright,” Billy Ray said soft and low.

He’d kiss and tell me everything is alright
Can I get away again tonight?

Billy Ray bussed her cheek ever so slightly. Sammi smiled, no longer looking sad, her voice rising, her and lyrics now one and the same.

The only one who could ever reach me…Was the son of a preacher man
The only boy who could ever teach me…Was the son of a preacher man
Yes he was, he was, ooh, lord know’s he was…yes he was..

Brad made a herculean effort to rise up, to stop this madness but his ribs and arm hammered at him relentlessly. He was in the grip of a horrific vertigo just trying to get up. His breathing was coming in gasps and he was sweating bullets. He couldn’t draw air into his lungs. He knew enough to understand his injuries and blood loss were on the threshold of throwing him into shock. He made one last push but he couldn’t do it. He prepared to try again but his head fell back in defeat, his body drained. But it was more than his injuries that stopped him. It was the bare, stark fact that it was an impossibility to beat the monster in a fight. As drained as his body felt it was not close to the enervation that clutched at his mind.

How can I beat him? I can barely move. There was simply no way he could fight and defeat Ray. Even if he was healthy, let along in the shape he was in. He could feel his willpower draining, dripping away just as blood was running out of his broken arm.

It was no use to even try. He was at the mercy of Ray. He was out of ideas and tricks, And he realized his mother had been wrong. Sometimes there was no answer or escaping a problem. She had faced many insurmountable challenges in her virtual world and overcome them all but she had never faced the demon sitting there in the real world with his sister on his lap counting down the last seconds of her life.

And as the horns in the music soared to the heavens, rising up and up, reaching for that amazing crescendo, the fingers on Billy Ray’s hands started to elongate, stretch out as though called by forth by the music, forming into the shape of hideous sharp claws.

He turned his head to Brad, cocked to an angle, a smile spread over him, eventually stretching across his entire countenance; the look on his face a strange amalgamation of emotions. There was regal triumph in his eyes and the play of his mouth, but also a strange wistfulness, a sense of true sorrow and sad inevitability. The look seemed to say, “What can I do now? The rules are the rules.”

And as the horns sounded to the sky in their glory, he slowly, gently ran a long, so sharp claw down the soft skin of Sammi’s cheek. All the while Kat kept singing, looking squarely into Ray’s face, more and more emotion, more and more of herself in her voice. Now the dynamic between the two had flipped and it was the girl urging the vampire on.

How well I remember, The look that was in his eyes…Stealin’ kisse from me on the sly... Takin’ time to make time…Tellin’ me that he’s all mine

“I’m all yours,” Ray chorused, a promising whisper only for her. Sammi nodded, all wide eyed. Ray kept stroking her hair staring at her young face with a frightening intensity.

Learnin’ from each other’s knowin’……Lookin’ to see how much we’re growin’
An the only one who could ever reach me was..A son of a preacher man.

As they went on all else disappeared for them, They were alone, now the room was empty except for the monster and the little girl.

The only boy who could ever teach me…..Was the son of a preacher man
Yes he was, he was, oh yes he was…The only one who could ever reach me
He was a sweet talkin’son of a preacher man..The only boy who could ever teach me
I guess he was the son of a preacher man..The only one was a sweet talkin’ son of a preacher man….. The only one...

And then it was over.

When the song ended Ray turned back to Brad. The room was silent. Not even the sound of breathing. It was as though everyone had been frozen in amber and that time had ceased to exist in that room at that moment.

When Ray spoke to Brad his voice was tight and hard. There was no pleasure in his tone. “You had your chance. You let it go by. Sammi is mine to claim as per the rules of the game.”

As he spoke Sammi sat on his lap, staring into his face, singing the song from the start again like a track set on repeat, in a low whisper, the sound of it so haunting now, her little voice all alone, unaccompanied.

“What chance did I have?! What fucking chance!?” screamed Brad, tears pouring down his face, the words choked out between great, heaving sobs that wracked his body like a fit.

“Please, I’m begging you. Please let her live. I’m begging you.”

Ray turned away, back to Sammi, dismissing Brad. He gently put his finger under her chin and lifted her face up to his, leaving his hand there. He looked her right in the eye, black eyes on blue. When he spoke his voice was as smooth as top shelf whiskey poured on ice.

“Sammi, Scat lost a game to me. Now he has to pay the price of admission. It is time for you to leave him.”

She smiled and nodded. “I’m ready Billy.”

“No!” Brad bellowed. “Kat. Don’t listen to him! He’s evil. He’s messing with your head! Come over to me now. Don’t look at him!” Tears were pouring down Brad’s face, his voice breaking with wrenching, guttural sobs. “Pl….please…please Kat! I love you! I…nee…need you. Don’t listen to him. Don’t look at him. Come to me…..please…oh Sammi….don’t do this….”

She glanced at her brother, no fear at all on her face. “It’s OK Scat. Billy Ray is my friend. He knows what’s best. Don’t worry about me.”

She turned back to Billy Ray, gazing deeply into his intense, limpid eyes.

Brad realized Sammi was totally lost in whatever spell Ray had put on her. The thought of her dying here, in this house, at this creature’s hand, all because of some warped, inhuman game designed to amuse him was on the verge of driving the boy insane. He could feel his mind start to crack, small spider veins once inchoate now deepening and spreading like thin pond ice coming apart. He screamed at the monster. “No! Please don’t do this! I’m begging you. I love her so much! She’s so innocent, she’s so good. You don’t understand.”

Oh but I do know so much more than you realize. I’m aware of that more than any other. I know her even better than you now despite the years you have spent together. I have seen her very thoughts, into her essence, what she is to her core.

“Please….please doesn’t. I’m begging you.”

Ray turned his attention from Sammi to the boy, destroyed in body and spirit huddled against the wall. He gazed at him, the moment long and pregnant in his strange, otherworldly scrutiny. His black eyes were like obsidian rocks, unblinking and shiny and cold. Any pretense of humanity that had been there earlier in the evening now washed away. Ray’s mind shot back to Vlads’ killing field for a moment. Brad was as broken and shattered as those impaled boyars had been.

An idea bolted into Brad’s spinning head. This whole thing, Gatsby, the candy, the TV, their conversation, the contest, Staci, the song, all the events of this night since they had entered this house had all been a part of Ray’s morbid, macabre game. Brad knew him this well; he loved to play games, fluid games that in some way kept him amused. Perhaps he could change the rules of the game, up the stakes yet again.

“Wait! Let her go…..if….you let her live I’ll offer you something else.”

The vampire spoke but kept his eyes on Sammi. But when he spoke there was curiosity in his voice. As Brad thought the creature loved fluid changing events. Malleability attracted something in his brain, his very makeup, it stimulated his mind. “What would you offer me for a prize such as her? We both know what she is, yes? I don’t think you have such an item. Speak now.”

“I offer me! Take me instead. Whatever you want to do with me. Kill me, change me.” He pointed at the three brides. “Make me like them. Anything you want. Please take me instead. She’s just a little girl. What could you want with her? Take me instead. Please….please…she has her whole life ahead of her. Don’t do this. You know it’s wrong.”

Brad kept pushing, his gambit aimed at the creature’s past, its longevity, its obvious intellect.

“You have lived so long. You must have seen so many things in your life. You must know how wrong this is. Not her. Not her.”

Ray started to speak but Brad wouldn’t let him. His appeal was to this creature’s ego; for Brad knew Ray’s ego and sense of self was indeed huge, like a monstrous pearl, built layer after layer over his centuries of immortality.

“Look at her,” pleaded Brad his voice all emotion. “Someone as wise as you must know what she is. Does she deserve this because I brought her here? If anyone is to blame it’s me. You don’t have to do this; it’s in your power to do what you want.”

And yet again, the appeal to monster’s ego and sense of control. “Nothing happens unless you decide to do it. It’s all up to you. Please let her live.”

Ray had been watching Sammi the whole time Brad had been speaking. For the longest time he sat, as though in deep contemplation. Brad was fervid in his hope that he had found the right key to unlock the creature’s mercy.

Finally he turned to the boy and and slowly extended his arm, his fist closed. “To offer a fair exchange one must be in a position to grant that which is denied the other.” He ran his other hand, his claws, through Sammi’s hair. She smiled vacantly up at him with the touch. “Sammi is a special prize, as we both know.” Ray’s eyes narrowed. “Yet for her you offer me this.” He opened his hand, which was empty.

“No! I’m offering you my life! I will do whatever you say. You can kill me. You can take me with you. Anything you want….”

Lauren giggled. “Ohhhh what a brave prince!” she cooed with mock sweetness. “His life for his sister,” she said to Staci and Nastia who were huddled together.

Staci looked at Lauren. She knew Ray so well and was fairly certain as to what was about to transpire. “Wow. That kid still doesn’t know what he did. How he fucked up. He’s so lame.”

Lauren snorted in derision. “I know. I hope Ray tells him. I’d love to see the look on his stupid face if he found out.”

Staci giggled. “Yeah, seriously, right?”

“God you’re such a hot slut when you’re bad,” said Lauren.

Staci considered this. “Yeah, can’t deny that. Takes a hot slut to know a hot slut, doesn’t it?”

Lauren bit on the tip of her fingernail seductively. “Uh huh.” Lauren couldn’t wait for Ray’s game to end so she could get all over Staci’s fine body.

“Listen to me….” Brad started again.

Ray flipped his hand over, now the flat of it pointing at Brad indicating silence.

Ray continued. “Ah but you see, your life was mine to dispense with as I pleased the very moment sweet Lauren coaxed you inside and shut the door at your passing. You offer me what I already own. Your proposed trade exists not at all.”

Lauren smiled with fake guilt, “Ops, sorry kid. My bad.”

Billy Ray shook his head. “The game was not for your life. It was always for Sammi’s.” He looked at Sammi again and brushed her cheek with the back of his hand. “Isn’t that right, Sammi?”

The young girl smiled at him, so dreamily happy and content. “Yes Billy Ray. The game was always for my life.”

Ray nodded. “Very good my precious girl. And what happened?”

“Scat lost,” she said. To Brad’s ears there seemed to be an undercurrent in her sweet, soft voice, as though she was glad he lost. It couldn’t be. He refused to believe that.

Billy Ray nodded. He had one more dagger to plunge into Brad’s heart and mind. And like a master Socratic teacher urging on a willing disciple, he stuck the blade in with grace and cunning.

“And so, what has to happen now?” he coaxed.

Sammi smiled at him, then to Brad’s horrified eyes, she raised her head, turning it sideways, exposing her fragile neck. “You get to have me,” she replied. “I get to be your treat on Halloween.” And now even to Brad there was no mistaking the tone of her. Her desire was overt, on the surface; she was willing, eager and happy to have this happen to her.

Billy Ray looked at Brad, triumph shining in his dark cesspool yes. He spoke to Sammi. “Scat would prefer this not happen. He wants to take you home to your mother. He wishes to take you away from me. Since we are friends, if you wish it, I will make it so. You both can leave. This is your choice Sammi. You decide the matter.”

Again he addressed Brad. “So there is not a scintilla of doubt that I am a fair man in all my dealings with you, ask her old sport. Ask your ever loving sister if she would like to leave here with you and return to the warm comforts of home and hearth. More than equable considering our respective positions, no?”

Brad spoke, his voice trembling. He knew this was it. That this was the razors edge of the dark, long endless precipice of no return. It was all or nothing. He did not mince words.

“Sammi, listen to me. This man is a monster. He will kill you. If you stay here with him he will kill you. You will never see mom or your friends again. You will never see me again. All the people you love will be gone. All the people who love you will lose you. You will never have a life to live. You will lose all of it. You will be nothing.” He hesitated a moment then went on. “Sammi if you let him do this it will kill me too. I won’t want to live. It will destroy us both. I know somehow he is in your head but you’re so smart and strong. Fight it. Just get up….just…get off his lap and come to me. Come grab my hand and we will leave together. He gave his word. He won’t stop us. You can end this right now. Please Sammi. I love you so much. Please do this one thing for me.”

He hated the next words that came from his mouth but he had to use every lever at his disposal to save his sister. “If you love me come here right now. If you ever loved me please come to me Sammi.”

Ray gave Brad a tight smile, acknowledging the psychology the boy was using in that last statement. A coercion of emotion, of their whole past, of the love she had for him. It was a good effort; he was holding nothing back to save her.

Brad held out his arm, his tearing eyes pleading even harder than his voice, his shaking hand open for hers to clasp his as they had so many times over their lives together. They had held hands in joy, happiness, fun times and sad times but this time everything depended on that meaningful touch, just one more time. Just one more time to save them.

“Sammi, please just come here to me now and take my hand.”

Sammi never even looked at him. “I only want you Billy Ray, I want to be with you.”

Billy Ray nodded, sagely. “Then so it will be. She has made her choice clearly and with no equivocation. Sammi, it is time. Tell your brother goodbye.”

Sammi turned to Brad, a happy smile playing her lips. She raised her arm and waved to Brad with her tiny hand, the other one still clutching her puppy sequined chocolate bag. A single large tear welled up from her big blue eye and rolled onto her cheek.

“Bye Brad. I love you. Bye,” she said in a sweet dulcet tone.

Brad started to scream her name in a howl of agony. The sound so raw and broken, that it turned into a soundless shriek emanating from his open mouth.

Staci ran her hands over her lithe body; her glazed eyes hungrily giving the little girl a long once over. “Ohhhh Sammi, you made the right choice,” she murmured. ”Wait till you see how good this feels.” Her voice was an amalgamation of simmering lust and raw jealousy.

This comment caught Ray’s attention. He brooked no interference or interruption. This moment was strictly between him and this precious girl. The moment was special and of deep importance to him. His respect for Sammi that true and abiding. He waved his hand in a dismissive manner. “Staci, Nastia, Lauren, remove your clothes. Enjoy each other until I say otherwise. This is between Sammi and me. I want to be alone with her.”

Immediately the three women began ripping at each other’s clothes, discarding them haphazardly. Soon the three were giggling, moaning, purring in lusty girlish sounds as bare arms and scrabbling hands ran over hot, beautiful young flesh and womanly curves. Then came the sounds of wet licking and sucking and kissing as all three collapsed to their knees, the taste of their sister’s flesh so much sweeter than the Halloween candy of their youth had ever been.

Billy Ray stared at the tear that still hung on Sammi’s cheek, transfixed by it. There it was again, that physical alchemy of human emotion that he could not understand nor replicate. As much as Sammi wanted what Ray offered the emotion of leaving her brother for good still manifested itself clearly with the shiny pearl that escaped her eye. It spoke of something deeper inside her that he could not extirpate nor comprehend. And as connected as he was with this girl he could neither broach nor understand the width and breadth of her feelings that could produce such a strong physical response. What was he lacking that he could not understand this? Why was he denied this seemingly incomprehensible facet of intelligent existence?

Billy Ray gently put his finger on the tear, lifting it off her skin and just as tenderly placed it on his own cheek hoping that by expropriating it as his own he could understand it in some small way. But it was useless. He could feel its salty wetness on his skin but could not fathom its birth. For Ray, it was like wearing a piece of cheap costume jewelry, nothing more; just an fake ornament that held no meaning at all but decoration. The uselessness of his gesture frustrated him deeply.

Billy Ray was singularly focused on Sammi now, nothing else in the room existed for him. Not the gorgeous woman making love to neither each other nor the young boy sitting against the wall screaming silently. He could see or hear none of it. His black eyes bored into hers. He wanted her to feel no pain at all. He wanted a fast, easy slide into the darkness for her. He brought his mouth to her ear, whispering something just between them. Then he pulled his head back and gave just the slightest nod and Sammi smiled and raised her head, exposing her slim, tender neck again. Billy Ray blinked slowly over and over as he looked at it, as though mesmerized, lost in some dream, in his own hunger, his needs, his desires and the lovely burnt offering just inches away.

He could smell her blood. Like her mind it was singularly unique. He could sense the difference in it from all others he had supped on. It was so sweet and innocent, pulsing just under her skin. He knew he was about to taste and experience something unlike anything he had ever had before.

He opened his mouth just slightly to reveal two long, needle sharp canines that had extended down from his gums.

Billy Ray leaned forward, burying his face in her gently throbbing white throat. The smell of young, fresh skin was pungent and the smell of her pure blood hung right underneath that, like warm ocean current.

Ray ran his nose along her neck, breathing deeply, eyes closed in the ecstasy of the moment, of what his senses were bringing him. Sammi’s eyes were closed too, a pretty smile on her face.

He put his mouth on the curve of her neck and kissed just once. She shivered. Then his mouth opened in a predators sneer and his fangs sank in so horribly deep. Sammi gasped, her eyes popping open with the penetration. But it was for only a brief instant. Moments later another sound escaped her throat, a small sound of happy pleasure.

Brad could take no more, he could not watch. His sister looked so tiny and helpless, so lost in the monsters embrace. He buried his face in his hands. “Please god….please god….save her….I’m begging you….save her……” he kept saying over and over.

And then the horrific animal like sucking sounds began.

Sammi was a small girl, only ten years old after all so it did not take long. In just a few minutes her heart began to slow, the strong beat now growing weak and erratic. Her grip, once so firm on her precious candy bag loosened. And in a short time it slowly slipped down her fingers as though a barometer as her young life ebbing silently away. Finally her fingers opened and the bag fell to the floor, landing with a barely audible noise at the exact moment her heart beat for the very last time ever. The bag fell over, the happy gamboling puppies looking up, the chocolates inside, so eagerly anticipated and gained never to be eaten.

At the same moment the bag slipped from her hand her head fell straight back and stopped flat, for there was no elasticity in her muscles now; her blue eyes, once so sweet and alive with her mischievous love of life now empty and leached of all that she had been stared cold and thoughtless to the ceiling and past that man made construct to the unfathomable, mysterious heavens themselves.

Ray’s mind was reeling with a kaleidoscope of color and feeling. Sammi’s blood was all that he had suspected. The sweet purity of it, the intoxication of her innocence made thinking and acting impossible at this moment. He had fed on children before but nothing compared to what Sammi’s blood had done to him. He felt like he was floating out of his body on a cloud of pristine pleasure. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back as Sammi had done just moments ago. He was too disoriented to do anything else. In his delirium he could hear her voice again, snippets of her and their conversation running in his mind.

Through his haze he could hear Brad praying, beseeching god for improbable surcease. He knew Brad would get the same answer as all humans of all religions did when they asked their gods for help for hundreds of thousands of years: Uncaring silence.

Ray opened his eyes and tried to focus. Everything was twirling around and around bathed in multi-colors. He saw three Brad’s all undulating and swaying.

When he finally spoke his words were languid and slurred. “I too waited long for the god I learned of from the Christian Faith to return and cast me to the hell I have so truly earned. I would have spit in his face had the moment come. But he never came. You pray to a god for help?” He waved his hand in languid dismal. “Better to pray to a rock or tree because at least they exist. Sammi is gone and no imaginary god will bring her back.”

At that Ray closed his eyes again, seemingly exhausted.

And now it was Brad who lifted his head and opened his eyes. The horror he expected to see was right there, starkly, immutable in front of him. His sister was dead, cradled gently, possessively in Ray’s arms. God’s answer had been just as Ray had predicted.

“She was ten years old. Everyone loved her. She never hurt anyone in her life. How could you do this?” Brad asked in a small, shattered voice. Then louder, “What the fuck are you? You pathetic freak. You heartless fucking monster. What the fuck are you?!”

And the boy’s words echoed in Ray’s head like a boomerang, bouncing off the walls of his mind over and over again. The same question he had asked himself so many times over so many years with no answer ever forthcoming. What the fuck are you?

What. The. Fuck. Are. You?

And he felt a terrible rage at the boy’s impertinence in stealing his thoughts. How he had expropriated the most important question in Ray’s life and hurled it back at him as naked epithet. And even more so in how this boy had caused all of this to happen despite all the chances he had been given. He felt atavistic rage boil forth like water left too long on a burning hot stove.

When at last he spoke his voice was a dark, ink black thundercloud in the far horizon moving in fast, growing louder, guttural and more ominous.

“What am I? You want to know what I am?”

A drop of blood fell from his nose onto his suit. Then another from the other nostril.

Spat, splat, splat. Like the first drops of rain portending the coming storm.

They landed, looking like the deepest crimson roses against that pure snow white suit. Then more blood started to drip from the corners of his mouth adding to the freefall.

The three sisters who had been making passionate love to each other this whole time without a care of what else had transpired now suddenly stopped and looked up at him, their eyes wide. They were now stock still. They had never seen their master lose control of himself before nor had he ever revealed his true self to them. The menace in the air hung like heat lightening making the hair on their arms stand in attention. The whole room seemed devoid of oxygen. A thick atmosphere of horrific malice seemed to suffuse the room. Everyone could feel it on their skin, smell it in their noses down to their lungs. It was like dark, cloying sulfur. Time and reality seemed to congeal upon itself, sucking everything out of existence until the only thing that existed in that room was Ray. And for all of them, it was true.

Ray rose from the couch holding Sammi’s body. He turned and gently lay her down. He looked at her for a moment at her lifeless eyes then closed them with his hand. He leaned down and softly kissed her forehead.

He wheeled on Brad.

Ray’s lips cracked and peeled back, revealing not the sharp, clean needles that had stolen Sammi’s life but instead thick, yellowed monstrous daggers etched with lines of age and hard use. Viscous thick cloudy venom dripped from them, mingled with blood, Sammi’s blood. He slowly raised his twisted, malformed arms into the sky, his hands grown lumpy and misshapen with bone and gristle like barnacles on a ship’s hull, his finger nails now ragged, hooked keratin scythes. His black pupils had now grown to cover almost all his eyes, only a small red rim circling them. His hair, so immaculate just moments ago were like jagged sheaths of dead wheat blown asunder by a wild wind. His breaths came out in hot loud rasping gasps, like the pumping of a massive bellows through his mouth and nostrils now round and flared, moist with blood and pushed back. His tongue licked at his lips, it’s end split in two, each one wiggling like a eel with a mind of its own.

And now Brad knew. Here was the monster in it’s true from, the guise of Billy Ray discarded, the pretense of Gatsby shorn away, the falseness of its humanity shed like a snake does with its skin.

When the creature spoke his voice was gravel rolling down a sluice. “Gaze upon me now. Look at the terrible majesty of what I am! I travel the ages like a skiff upon the seas that never finds the safety or comfort of harbor or home. That simple solace always denied me! I have witnessed things writ in your books by authors long dead. I am the darkest of nightmares that you would not dare to face. And when I come into your lives, if I choose, you will never forget me!”

The monstrosity that had been Ray growled like a full pack of wolves, the sound almost deafening in the room.

“I am nothing but the lie on the tip of Stoker’s pen; the myth of human’s creation. I am the despised and mocked creature of fiction. It is said I don’t exist yet here I am standing right before you so very real, as you are keenly aware.”

He laughed low and slow but there was not a drop of mirth in it. It was the sound of bitterness come alive.

“I am all these things and more! For I am the dominant species.”