The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Draconia or the End of Reason

Chapter 2 — Simulating Tyranny Under Red Alert

Okay, so what the fuck was that? “Her Majesty Draconia told me?” I don’t know this slut from anywhere. It’s true I attempted to talk to Dreamers in the past, but like I said, I didn’t exactly get rational responses. Changelings are crazy, so fuck talking to them to begin with. As for the Anchored and most Dreamers...well, they react much the way you would if a pink-haired girl in black clothing started telling you she’s responsible for the end of the world.

Does it surprise you than most people’s reaction is trying to kill me? No. No it doesn’t.

There are a few people who listened to me, and even tried to help me understand what was happening. Unfortunately, it quickly got obvious that they wouldn’t be of much help. What are they going to do, wake me up? My friends tried, and they were the first to become Changelings. That was before things went from bad to worse and I realized I was stuck in an impenetrable abyss.

Oh, yeah, probably should have started with that. Well, it’s not a complicated tale. One day, little Draconia went with her three best friends on a vacation in the Alps. For about a week, they all had a lot of fun. When they went to their hotel, little Draconia fell asleep, she got stuck in darkness, and the world ended.

Oh well. What was I talking about again? Oh, yeah, the Los Angeles thing. Well, I never messed around with any succubi, I’m sure of that much. She’s a Changeling, she’s batshit, case closed. So, Janet got out of her grasp, but not without getting infected by the Aspect’s will.

So, how did that work out?

* * *

Upon arriving to LA’s self-appointed last bastion of reason, Janet was informed that Mr. Griffith needed to report the Aspect’s apparition to his colleagues. She was cordially invited to wait in the appropriate room, an invitation she really had no reason to refuse.

Indeed, he African American was greatly relieved to be here, all things considered. No vegetation, no big fuck-off flame pyres and no mind-raping succubi. It would be inaccurate, however, to describe the interior of the Bunker Hill skyscraper as normal. Certainly, the architecture itself was comfortingly familiar, though the walls were gaudier than she remembered. But the wallpaper was adorned with glowing words that descended slowly in a never-ending pattern.

It looked like a cheap illusion for a hi-tech unveiling event, like there was some kind of projector somewhere. But upon closer inspection, Janet saw there was actually some depth to the words, and that they floated slightly apart from the wall. So it wasn’t the kind of terrifying sight like the pylons, but it was still clearly part of the Dreamscape, and pretty damn disconcerting. Especially when walking down a hallway, where the sinking pattern on the walls left Janet with the illusion that she was soaring as she walked.

As for what the words said exactly, well...it was kind of weird. In an innocuous, yet baffling sort of way. “Adore your Tribe”, said one recurring sentence. “Slay the Beast”, would say another. For the past ten minutes she had to wait that Griffith character, she spotted seven of those authoritative oddities. Certainly, there were more pressing concerns than words on a wall, but she did need the moment of reprieve.

The door opened. Janet hoped it to be Griffith, so that she could get back to business, but it was only Lilith, carrying two soda cans. With her precious little smile, she handed one of them to Janet.

“Yeah, good idea, thanks.” Answered the secret agent before cracking the can open. “They still manufacture things like that, or...”

“We wish them into existence, mostly. Why use factories when you can just dream up your food, heh? Though we Anchored tend to give a smidge of realism to that day-to-day Dreamshaping.”

“Yeah? In what way?”

“Well, vending machines are a nice example. They’re all dried up after all those sodding years, but put a quid in there and out still pops a can. It’s a kind of subconscious Dreamshaping, I think. Helps you keep track of what reality used to be.”

“That I can get behind. Just creating a can out of thin air would just feel cheap. Strange thing, though, the bunny girl on the tarmac told me she was out for some food. Was she Dreamshaping impaired or something?”

“Nah, she probably meant a new kind of food. Most blokes can’t just conjure anything out of thin air, they’re limited to duplicating stuff. Many Dreamers hole up in their flats in fear of the Changelings and bastard Dreamers, but they have to air out their minds eventually.”

Janet nodded pensively, enjoying the perfectly normal taste of her lemonade. Lilith seemed to do so as well...But that couldn’t be right, thought the black woman. She had seen it with her own eyes—the chipper young lady was a vampire. Sure, it wasn’t like she was an authority on vampires could or couldn’t do, but still. A vampire drinking soda just didn’t feel right. She wanted to ask her what was the deal, if her Dream-warped body was a real vampire or merely looked like one. She wanted to...but Lilith wasn’t exactly forthcoming on the subject. She only pinched her lips when she smiled, and her third eye was constantly hidden. Asking about her vampirism would probably be stepping on eggs...at best.

“So, what’s the deal with the floating words?” Janet thus inquired instead, pointing to the nearest wall.

“Oh, the Tenets?” Answered Lilith, seeming a bit surprised. “He he, I guess I don’t notice them anymore. So, yeah, the Tenets. That’s what we’re anchored to.”

“What, just a bunch of words?”

“Well, what you see is just the table of contents. My keystone Tenet is ‘Enforce the Law’, but there’s more to it. They are the words we live by, build our lives around, to shield our minds from Nightmare.”

Janet remained silent a few seconds, and expressed her skepticism.

“Yeah, but, still...that’s it? Scriptures? I expected something more...drastic. Nightmare’s no joke, right?” She should know.

“Yes, of course. What the Tenets say also shape our society. We form a strict hierarchy revolving around them, and everything is done to ward Nightmare away. And, huh, word of advice, try and stay calm when Master explains it to you, alright? It’s...not the kind of society you know.”

“What do you...”

Before the inquiry could go any further, the door opened again. This time, it was the Boss himself. Janet resolved to continue this conversation at a later time, and stood up. The senior vampire briefly excused himself for the delay.

“I must say, Miss Miller, I believed everything was lost for a moment. The loathsome Aspect of Lust herself came for you...This was an unexpectedly shrewd strategic move on her part. I didn’t know she was concerned about the long-term developments of our conflict.”

“Meaning you thought she was too fucking busy and vice versa?”

Griffith looked at Janet with disapproving eyes. She remained passive on the outside, but chuckled internally. If being part of The Man couldn’t smother her passion for one-liners, Bunker Hill’s new governor didn’t stand a chance.

“Ahem...If you’d be willing to follow me to my office.”

Still, what Stephen Griffith had said meant he was completely unaware of the...condition that the Aspect had inflicted upon her. And while Janet realized that the Anchored were her best bet for avoiding her eventual turn into a slutty flower-woman, she suspected it wouldn’t be that simple. Especially not after what Lilith just told her.

So she followed, and all three got into a large and very solemn office, that Janet noticed was bereft of windows. The governor sat at his office, and Lilith went to stand at his side, like the trusty aide she evidently was.

“Please, be seated.”

Janet followed protocol and accepted the invitation...right before going for the throat.

“So, Mister Griffith. I am grateful for your rescue, don’t get me wrong...But you don’t have any goddamn business knowing I’m Randall Miller’s daughter, nor calling be my his name. I am Janet Campbell, and I’d appreciate if you remembered that.”

Unlike the one-liner, this frontal assault did not seem to faze the Anchored’s diplomatic demeanor.

“I realize this was rather tactless of me and I apologize, Miss Campbell. It seemed like the best way to quickly make the situation as clear as I could. You see, your filiation came to our attention when...”

“Nah, it’s alright, zip it.”

“Beg pardon?”

“I’m with the secret service. I know better than to ask for your source.” Informed Janet. “Besides, to be perfectly honest, I don’t care. I’ll be out of this town before you know it.”

“Your confidence is admirable, lady, but Lost Angels is no mere metropolis anymore. You need Anchoring.”

Janet frowned. They really were persistent about this. Lilith looked away, an involuntary act no doubt related to what she had said earlier. The operative quickly engaged in evasive maneuvers.

“What I need is intel. I won’t pry into your sources, but we need to cooperate here. Sporadic contacts aside, our worlds are mostly cut off from each other. I might be here on an unofficial capacity, but I’m the closest thing there is to a normal world liaison.”

“Hmmm...You have a point, Miss Campbell.” Admitted the Anchored. “Alright, information for information...Please ask me anything, I’ll answer to the best of my knowledge.”

“Thank you.” Finally a mutually beneficial exchange. “Is there any goddamn way for a gun to be effective against changelings?”

After all, being a sharpshooter in a world where bullets are a slap of the wrist was fast pissing her off.

“Yes, by turning it into a cantrip.” He answered. “Unfortunately, this is a less than guaranteed process. Only Changelings or Anchored can do it, and it takes both power and luck. I myself am not familiar with this domain of expertise. You’d best confer with the Paragon of Society. I wager she’ll be happy to try.”

“Paragon being an especially powerful Anchored?”

“Yes. Everything will be explained to you during your initiation. Now for my question...You’re with the highest instances in America. How does the Dreamscape appear from the outside?”

Janet got a creepy vibe from the word “initiation”, but the following question was nothing but fair.

“Well, I can’t show you the satellite pictures, since I’m not dumb enough to bring sensitive intel into hostile territory, but basically it looks like layers upon layers of different visuals. Like a photo that’s been superimposed hundreds of times. We could extract some readable images, that’s how we’re aware of the general situation down here, but nothing really specific. It’s also true when you look at a consumed area with your own eyes. For instance, when I was parachuted over LA, at first the LAX tarmac was a grey island in a sea of jumbled mess. But as I descended, it became clearer by the second.”

“Didn’t Washington think of sending low-flying drones?” Asked Griffith, though his tone implied it wouldn’t have worked anyway.

“Of course we did, but somehow we only got pitch black pictures. Fuck if we know why.”

“Simple. The Dreamscape is a pure product of the mind. Normal cameras don’t work here.”

“Great.”

The black woman looked at Lilith. The fancy British girl hadn’t uttered a word since she took position near her boss.

“Second question...” She continued. “What in the blue Hell are Aspects?”

Griffith sighed.

“The seven lieutenants of Draconia.”

* * *

Nope, never met them. What the hell is the deal with declaring I’m close to any victim of my nightmares? Like I would ever frequent a Changeling. I’ve got my fill of crazy people with my mother, thank you very much. Still, how do they even know me?

* * *

“Yeah, I suspected that much. Both Aspects I know mentioned her by name. I mean, what is their nature?”

“Extremely powerful Changelings. As insane as the rest of them, but focused enough on expanding Nightmare to avoid being completely controlled by their desires. There are only seven of them worldwide, and Lost Angels has the unfortunate honor of housing two of them.”

“Yep, that’s unfortunate alright. We all know the Aspect of Pride is Michael Wright, of course, but who the hell is the slut? A porno actress?”

Stephen Griffith heaved a sigh.

“That would be obvious, wouldn’t it? Alas, Pride is the only Aspect who happened to be a world-famous actor. We could determine that Lust was one Pearl Wiggins, by all accounts an unremarkable woman.”

Almost reflexively, Janet typed the name into her secret service-issued custom tablet.

“Okay...So, the seven others are Wrath, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth and Greed, right?”

“I cannot blame you for assuming a pattern from only two of the Aspects, but while there are similarities, they are not, in fact, strictly named after the Seven Deadly Sins. Rather, they are named after seven of man’s strongest emotions. Our Anchored brethren of Japan, for instance, constantly battle the Aspect of Fear, a female Yôkai. Europe, Nightmare’s Ground Zero, has three of the nuisances. Sorrow, Loathing and Hunger, all men. Finally, northern Africa has the third woman of the bunch, Rage.”

It seemed strange to Janet that he would specifically mention their genders, but whatever.

“I see...So if they’re all as fucking powerful as that Pride asshole, why did Lust turn tail when you arrived?”

Aside from “She had already done what she came there to do anyway” of course.

“Again, you generalize after one example...” Sighed Griffith, seemingly annoyed. “While they all are forces to be reckoned with, as well as functionally immortal, Pride is by far the most formidable warrior of the seven. And Lust, quite logically, is not in the business of fighting. Instead, she is the best among them at corrupting Dreamers with Nightmare. Which is, as you’ll no doubt imagine, no less fearsome. Especially since you came very close to experiencing it.”

“Yyyep. Very close. Okay, shoot your second question.”

“Thank you...it will be quite simple. We attempted communication with the Normal world numerous times. Did you receive anything at all?”

Janet chuckled.

“Well, my boyfriend over at Langley says they’ve been very attentive to such attempts, but that they couldn’t pick up anything recognizable. The visual distorsion probably applies to transmissions as well. I guess we’re pretty much limited to face-to-face contact across the Dreamscape’s border. When the Aspect of Pride isn’t single-handedly guarding it anyway.”

“Yes, I suppose we are...What is your third question, Miss Campbell?”

“Are you any closer than we are to figuring out how in the name of fuck this is all happening?”

The Anchored leader sighed.

“Sadly, we are not. We know it is closely linked to this Draconia character the Changelings keep yammering about, and that the epicenter is located in the French alps, near the borders of both Italy and Switzerland. But we still have no solid theory as to how Nightmare works. We know our eventual survival hinges on understanding the phenomenon, but right now...We have to devote more energy to fighting it before it consumes us all.”

“Amen to that.”

“Now to my third question, as agreed...what is it exactly that you have come to do?”

Janet looked away. On one hand, she needed the Anchored’s assistance and that meant telling them the purpose of her mission. On the other hand, Anchoring was, on paper, the obvious smart move, yet they acted like it was some kind of dirty secret...Not to mention that they seemed to be the minority. Something was definitely fishy here.

“Rescue my childhood friend Flora Méndez and extract her.”

Silence. Griffith’s left eyebrow twitched.

“She might already have fallen to Nightmare.”

“I know.”

“What are her last known whereabouts?”

“Well, she lives and works in Pacific Palisades.”

The governor closed his eyes. Lilith went slack jawed and talked for the first time since the beginning of the meeting.

“Are you taking the bloody piss?! That’s...”

Her Master raised his hand.

“...I am sorry.”

“Pacific Palisades,” He answered, “Is, according to intel, reasonably stable. However, getting there will be ludicrously dangerous. Especially for you.”

“Why would that be?”

“The only way through that town in the very Northwest is through the Santa Monica/Hollywood axis. Hollywood is dangerous for everyone. Santa Monica is dangerous to attractive women in particular.”

“You don’t say...”

“I am willing to lend you resources to accomplish your goal, in the name of future relations with the elected American administration...”

Janet sighed. Yep, this was coming.

“Buuut?”

“You must become an Anchored, or your mission will be worse than suicide.”

* * *

The black woman wanted to argue, sure of her chances of survival by herself and still suspicious of the Anchored and of that Griffith guy in particular. Too much of an arrogant ponce shone through his outwardly diplomatic demeanor for her tastes...Yet, what choice did she have? Thanks to the Aspect of Lust, she was now little else than a Changeling ticking time bomb. However bad Anchoring was, it couldn’t possibly be worse. Besides, she was willing to do a lot of things for an anti-Changeling gun.

“Alright. So how does it work? Does it take time?”

“Yes, but time can be bent. We can let you complete your initiation in but a few hours of Unified Dream Time. You simply have to choose a keystone Tenet and you can begin.”

“Yeah...Those are the words on the walls, right?”

“Yes. You will study all seven eventually, but you have to Anchor to one in particular. Adore your Tribe. Worship the Ideal. Soothe the Wound. Enforce the Law. Slay the Beast. Hunt the Defect, and Echo the Norm. The choice is truly and entirely yours, Miss Campbell.”

The Tenets ranged from fruity to ominous, but at least they were pretty self-explanatory, with the possible exception of the last one, though she suspected it had something to do with the Normal world. Thanks to Lilith, she knew that Griffith was in all likelihood Anchored to the Law one, yet Janet couldn’t deny it was the one who resonated with her the most. Enough not to bother with the fine print. She’d be out of here soon anyway.

“Well, Enforce the Law just seems like a natural fit to me.”

“I can only commend you for your choice, naturally. Abnegation is an admirable Tenet. Isn’t it Lilith?”

“It is, Master.” Answers the Londonian lady with a heartfelt tone. “I look forward to working with you, Janet.”

“Likewise. So, yeah...let’s do it I guess.”

Stephen Griffith took something from a drawer, then put it on his desk. It was...A ring.

“Then put this on.”

“Is...that a Cantrip?”

“Yes.”

...No more information, then? Janet really didn’t like it, but at least this ring didn’t radiate suffocating power like the skull rings. She leaned forward and took it. This was the point of no return, wasn’t it? The contract signature. Half of her mind screamed “Too suspicious.” The other half screamed “That or becoming Orchid.”

And Orchid could choke on concrete. So she slipped the ring on. She felt a slight tingle, but otherwise nothing.

“Good.” Uttered Griffith. “You are now an Initiate of Abnegation. Your Master is Governor Stephen Griffith. Your Mentor is Journeyman Lilith Kensington. Hear and Acknowledge.”

Wow, thought Janet. On a scale from one to cheesy, that was pretty much burying the needle. And yet...she felt dizzy for a second, and she felt...something shift in her. She felt compelled to talk.

“I hear and acknowledge, Master.”

Her hand flew to her mouth. Did she really say that? Damn dream magic. Still, better than Orchid. Yeah.

“Me, Mentor?” Smiled Lilith as Janet freaked out. “You honour me, Master. I shall not disappoint you.”

“I am sure, my dear. I’ll let Miss Campbell in your care momentarily, but for now, do explain the basics to her.”

“Hmm...In...that way, Master?”

“Yes, in that way.”

“By your will.”

Janet blinked. Was...Was Lilith reaching for the bottom of her babydoll t-shirt?

“Remember what I told you?” Says the small blonde as she removes her top. “Stay calm...No matter how bad you think this is, I assure you, this is still the best thing you can do. In fact, you’d best not peep a word. I don’t want you to talk to your Master until I’ve completed your initiation.”

The operative felt the ring tingle again, and she was forced to remain silent. Might as well, as, Lilith removed her bra right under her incredulous eyes. She was flashing her perky B cup, right there in the office, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“Human society is, first and foremost, about learning to keep our basic desires in check to be able to live and work together as people. In our modern world, we could do that fairly painlessly and in a right proper, moral way. Well, that was until Nightmare came along and flipped everything arse over tit.”

She was almost naked now, and her pink panties didn’t seem poised to remain in their intended place.

“The world we live in now is one when you can become a feral werewolf just because you dared think about shagging the cute boy on the other side of the street. We just cannot trust ourselves...And so, we must put ourselves in chains. Entrust our fate to our betters. Smother our desires in duty.”

The panties dangled from her index fingers. Her expression was nothing if not solemn. Janet, who would have been speechless even without the cantrip, nonetheless saw the glitter of compassion and understanding in Lilith’s eyes.

“I understand how much this revolts you...especially since you just came from the Normal world. But Nightmare does not leave us with the luxury of the choice. We must become slaves, so that we may remain sane.”

Janet wanted to howl some sense back into her, but she was a prisoner in her own body, controlled by the Anchored’s magic. Freaking out was probably a fairly standard occurence in initiations, hence the magical restraints. And so, she was powerless to stop Lilith as she unbuttoned Griffith’s pants, and sat on his lap, very purposefully impaling herself on his erect shaft.

“Hmmmngh...” She groaned. “I will help you accept that this is what you must do, Janet. But for now...bask in the glory that is our Master. Understand the extent of my loyalty for him...Aaah...Nngh...become as much of a slave to him as I am...and Nightmare will never reach you.”

This can’t be happening, thought the secret agent. Lilith was stronger than this...She couldn’t be a doting sex slave to an arrogant ass. And yet, here she was, getting fucked like a cheap slut as she spouted twisted propaganda. Was that really the only way of resisting Nightmare? As her disgust grew, Janet felt something stir within her, like the soft rustling of leaves. A floral scent tickled her nostrils...Orchid beckoned.

“And besides...Aaanghh...” Moaned Lilith, “You’re a pretty bird, like me...you’ll like having a strong alpha male to tell you what to do. Oh, don’t look at me like that. I used to think girls were independant, too...But Master fixed that, along with everything that made me waddle along Nighmare’s edge. True belonging is such a great feeling, Janet...I’ll just wait for Master cum and I’ll get right on filling your pretty head with His wisdom.”

And there she went moaning again. Janet decided it was time to block out the grotesque scene by retreating inside her own mind.

* * *

Turns out there were a lot more houseplants than usual in the goodold mind palace, which wasn’t particularly comforting. Oh well, at least when she came to, Lilith was putting her clothes back on. The relief was short lived, however, as the British slavegirl then said :

“Right then. Time to get on with your initiation. Follow me.”

Which Janet had no choice but to comply to. She sure wouldn’t have followed Lilith on her own volition...appalled and furious, the black woman drilled holes in the cute blonde’s back with her very best hateful glare.

“Don’t fret now,” Chipperly said the Brit as they walked down the corridor full of words. “Master thinks it best to be up front with the terrible part of Anchoring, but the rest of the experience is actually kind of relaxing. And after it you’ll have enough powers to defeat Changelings!”

No answer. Lilith turns around and walks backwards, a concerned pout on her face.

“Something the matter, dear?”

“I’m sure you’ll understand if I don’t talk to slavery enthusiasts.” Snarled the operative. “Especially not ones leaning towards Stepford Wife to boot.”

“Oh, don’t be daft, Janet. Did I look like some mindless zombie to you back on the street? Anchoring seems like slavery, but it’s not...that kind of slavery. It’s more like a professionally active couple being all kinky at home. Nobody admits to it, but sometimes it’s what it takes to be able to deal with the world.“

“I do kink with Shane.” Replied Janet, unrelenting in her anger. “I fail to see how that fucking compares.”

“Yeah, well, it’s why Initiation exists. And I was free once, you know? So I know what I’m talking about when I say Anchoring is worth it.”

“Yeah, yeah, if you were truly okay with all of that, you’d be upfront about it.”

“Hey, I totally am!”

Janet chuckled. Clearly, Lilith was in denial. Understandable, of course...But that hardly changed the fact that Lilith was now an enemy. That betrayal, even based on good intentions, was too much for Janet. In a clear sign she wanted nothing to do with her anymore, she began humming.

It was one of the most famous songs from a band Janet had grown up with, Bad Religion. Part of the African American culture they weren’t, but then again, Janet’s high-profile bodyguard of a mother had always sent her to prestigious and very white private schools. It wasn’t until she met Shane that she really had any contact with black culture, but her cultural leanings had long been set by that point. So yes, surprisingly verbose and highly political punk rock it was. Besides, Los Angeles is Burning was probably the best title there was to the whole clusterfuck.

But as she hummed the stanzas, trying not to think about that “Anchoring” bullshit, something weird happened.

And I cannot believe the media Mecca,
They’re only tryin’ to peddle reality”

Lilith was singing along.

Catch it on prime time, story at nine,
The whole world is going insane”

She was really into it, too. Closed eyes, air guitar, the like. But something felt...off. Janet frowned, trying to find out what.

When the hills of Los Angeles are burning
Palm trees are candles in the murder wind...”

She stopped dead in her tracks when she realized what.

So many lives on the breeze, even the stars are ill at ease
And Los Angeles is buuurniiiing!”

With a final air guitar jam, Lilith turned around, smiling like everything was right in the world.

“Whew, that does bring back memories! Are you a fan t...oo?” She stopped exulting when she met Janet’s gaze. “Wha...What’s wrong?”

“I thought this was odd.” Answered Janet. “You’re not even British, are you?”

“W...What? Did you miss my bloody accent?”

“Of course not. But when you sang, it completely went away.”

Lilith gulped, as if she had been caught doing some kind of major felony. Janet even saw her third eye open, just a little, before disappearing again in a flash.

“Plus, what the Aspect of Lust said...You’re not Londonian. You’re a child of LA, like me.”

“N...no, you’ve got it all wrong, I’m Lilith Kensington, I’m a proper British young Lady, I...”

“No you’re not. That’s only who that motherf...” Tingle. “...Master told you to be. Oh, goddamit!”

“You’re wrong!” Whined the blonde, straight up freaking out. “I’m Lilith. I’m Lilith. I’m...”

Janet had an escape plan on her hands.

“What’s your real name?”

“...K...K...I...no...noo! Don’t make her resurface! Please!”

“Whoever you are, K...I can help you escape. Remove the Cantrip.”

“No!”

“Remove. The. Cantrip.”

“I...I...”

But just as Lilith was about to break, somebody appeared in the corner of the hallway. Two twenty-something men, one with dog ears, the other with his hair straight up aflame. Janet swore as Lilith muttered “Adore your Tribe”, shook her head, and smiled in direction of the newcomers.

“Hi guys!”

“Hi Lilith! Who’s your friend?”

“A new Initiate! I’m mentor now! Wicked, right?”

“Oh, yeah, way to go, girl!”

“Hey, say,” Said Lilith, “Do you plan on seeing the Paragon today?”

“We’ll probably see her tonight, yeah...”

“Wicked. My Initiate needs her gun Cantripized. She’ll be in the chamber for a few days, I’d be mighty grateful if she has a suitable weapon when she becomes my partner.”

“Sure thing, Lil, we’ll ask her!”

With a smile, Lilith ordered Janet to give her her handgun, and passed it along to the two men, who then departed. Janet groaned, knowing by looking at Griffith’s victim that she wasn’t going to be taken off guard again.

“A bit of a naughty girl, are we?” Smiled Lilith. “Once you’re properly Anchored, you’ll make a mighty fine ally indeed. Just don’t talk until then, okay?”

Tingle. Janet was now silenced, but she just took it as an opportunity to devise new plans. She would resist Griffith’s brainwashing. She would get out of here. She just had to make it happen...And that implied freeing the woman behind Lilith.

* * *

Follow my latest work on Draconia or the End of Reason and other works on http://statu-quo.fr/MC/main.php!