The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Draconia or the End of Reason

Chapter 3 — How Could Hell be any Worse?

“When the greatest danger comes from within, you must rise as a dutiful warden. The structure of Order and the dangers of Nightmare are known. Be the unrelenting pillar tightening the Anchor. Selflessly, doubtlessly—Enforce the Law.”

Those were the words Janet was supposed to be living by from now on. And she wasn’t exactly finding them inherently wrong ; far from it. Indeed, she had devoted her adult life to being “The Man”. She wasn’t going to be squeamish about the necessity of order just because some asshole was on board with it.

Unfortunately, while the Tenet in itself was fine, it was far from the only thing the operative was forced to read and recite in the small room. Oh no. You weren’t Anchored merely to a tenet, but to a specific person and all the fucked up beliefs he might have. And boy were Stephen Griffith’s beliefs fucked up.

“I am a female. While it would be folly to not enlist my skills in the war against Nightmare, I must not lose sight of the fact that I belong to the loving and submissive gender.”

The fact that the strange light-emitting device forced her to say this in the first person was worse than a motorcycle made of babies. Janet might have been able to ignore it, if the enchanted ring didn’t force her to remain on her knees. In this position, there was little she could do but be drawn to the strobe light and the words it poured inside her mind.

“As a girl, I can reach a man’s level of skills if I sacrifice enough, but I remain a soft and emotional creature at heart. I have been taught this to be bad, but I understand now that this is positive. I belong below men in the natural order, but this is still being on top of the world.”

LA’s Anchored governor was clearly having a great time being able to subjugate half of the population. But, as bullshit as this was...it was about the tenth time Janet was forced to repeat it. Griffith’s “wisdom” wasn’t supposed to be reasonable. It was supposed to be repeated until it seemed so.

“I am glad to be born a girl. It means my highest mission is to illuminate the world with love and life. I bring joy to men, so that they may carry out their superior duties. I am relief. I am respite. And I love men being authoritative with me. As a female, I’m naturally submissive and attracted to powerful men. As soon as we win the war against Nightmare, I will marry such a strong man and claim my place as true, modest girl at my future husband and Master’s side.”

And with that, another iteration of the litany ended, and she was forced to speak the Tenet again. How many iterations before the unrelenting brainwashing turned her to the side of old fashioned patriarchy? Janet knew the power of repetition. The human brain always adapts to its environment, and being forced to repeat a lie eventually turned it into the truth.

It evidently worked on whoever hid behind Lilith. She had been an american teenager hot blooded enough to catch the Aspect of Lust’s interest, and now she was Griffith’s devoted British slut. Had she been a vampire when she was a Dreamer? Was her very twisted form changed into a vampire when Griffith claimed her? Was Janet going to become a vampire too? Those were the questions the operative focused on to mitigate the litany’s effect. She knew all the answers would be given upon completion of her brainwashing, or “initiation”, as they put it. And that was the worst thing about this mess—she would be substantially rewarded for caving in. A powerful gun, Anchored powers, answers, and, of course, immunity against Orchid.

The Aspect’s little sex slave was still stirring up inside her. Janet had hoped that, at least, the Anchoring would send that leafy slut into a panic, but she quickly came to understand that would never happen. Orchid wasn’t a person with agency and self-preservation. She was merely a force, a forbidden desire given an identity.

As such, she didn’t care how close Janet was to give in to the conditioning and begin firmly believing in Master’s -Griffith’s!— sexist views. Orchid continued to beckon, giggling softly in Janet’s mind, inviting her to a life of lusftul slavery under Mistress’s -the Aspect’s, goddamit!— heel.

In short, Janet was fucked. But between sex slavery and sexist slavery, the latter now felt much more threatening on account of being the most pressing one. And in spite of how repelling it was, Nightmare’s seduction was soft, empathetic...enticing. Sure, it promised to burn Janet’s very sanity, but...

“C’mon, Janet...” Cooed Orchid. “You know being Mistress’ little slut will be sooo much better. You wanna obey that creep’s desires or your own? C’mon, fall...fall and be free.”

Goddammit, it would be HER insanity. As she was repeating she was attracted to powerful men for the eleventh time, Janet realized the basic principle of Anchoring -that it would immunize her against Nightmare- would also work in reverse.

With a gulp, she realized that while her legs were locked into a kneeling position, her hands were free. Was it an oversight from Lilith, or the Aspect of Lust giving her future servant a little help? Whatever it was...Janet knew she could masturbate. Listen to Orchid. Focus on the sweet floral scent that constantly lingered on the edge of her senses. Daydream about the Aspect’s luscious breasts. Succumb to Lust and let her body be transformed into that of an ethereal flowery slut.

“Yes...Once you’ve fallen into Queen Draconia’s embrace, you’ll be free. You can just fade away and reform in the Heart of Sin. Your Mistress will never let that creep touch you, and you’ll be free to fuck as many guys as you want.”

It was so alluring. Was it better than Anchoring? Probably not, but in Janet’s increasingly addled mind, it sounded like it was.

* * *

Wow, that Aspect of Lust is one devious bitch. She let Miss Campbell go because she knew that giving her the Anchored’s initiation would only open her mind to the seed she planted. The Succubus’ suggestion was so powerful, Janet’s going to fall into Nightmare long before she’s Anchored. Then again, I suppose one of my so called “Lieutenants” wouldn’t be much of a worldwide top Changeling if her spells are countered by a local Anchoring chapter. Granted, Griffith being an asshole didn’t help, but I doubt even the most normal of Anchored would have been able to beat Orchid.

Yet, I don’t remember that dream ending so soon...how did it go, again? Focus, Drac...

* * *

And so, the befuddled Janet slowly buried her hand in her panties. The Aspect’s implanted reward triggered, and the secret agent was hit by a blinding flash of pure ecstasy that could only conservatively called an orgasm. Just a caress to her clit, and she came so hard it knocked the litany right out of her mouth. She peaked higher than she ever peaked before, and the mind melting pleasure just kept on coming. Janet felt her pussy change. It was still soft and wet, but it wasn’t flesh anymore. It was a bundle of thick succulent leaves surmounted by a small flower.

Incredulous, and free from the Anchoring words, Orchid...Janet explored the pussy that Lust itself bestowed upon her. It was entirely vegetal, but still as sensitive as her original vagina. No...way more sensitive. Her flowery clit especially. It was like it remained a bud for all her former life, and it only just now bloomed. Part of Janet was horrified...

But most of her was elated. With such a sensitive pussy, she was sure to completely succumb in no time. Griffith’s sexist precepts would soon be a bad memory. She couldn’t wait for her Mistress to show her the delights of being a Lust Changeling. A voice in her cried “enough, no more, resist now” but in the afterglow, it sounded silly. Orchid’s voice sounded so much wiser. Yes, Janet would masturbate. She would fall, and become Orchid.

But as her hand was drawn to giving her the last schlicking she would ever have as a human, the sound of a key turning made her snap back to reality. Instinctively, her hands went back to the side of her body, leaving her transformed vagina to leak sweet sap into her panties.

“Oh no...you were so close...” Whined Orchid before fading back into the shadows of her mind.

“Yeah, I was...” Gulped Janet. “Too close...”

She looked towards the door. Was it Lilith? Did she alert her with her cries of pleasure? No...the one who entered the small room was a thirty-something redheaded woman. She was smiling, and had a soft, warm glow to her. A litteral one. She was a shiny woman.

“Who are you?” Sternly but politely asked Janet. Or as polite as she was willing to get anyway.

“Helena Werner.” Came the reply in a simple, warm tone. “Delighted to meet you, Miss?”

“Campbell.” At least this one didn’t seem to know her...or at least bothered to hide it. “Janet Campbell.”

“So sorry to interrupt such a spiritual moment, but I wanted to deliver your new Cantrip personally.”

Already? Janet was in a time dilation zone that slowed her perception of time to a crawl. Wasn’t the Initiation supposed to conclude before that woman could even start a complex enchantment? Unless...

“It’s alright, I was just medidating on the Tenet. You’re...an exceptionnaly powerful anchored, aren’t you?”

“My, miss Campbell, you certainly are sharp.”

“Oh, please. Lilith asked the two men to bring my gun to the Paragon of Society, Griffith told me this was some kind of powerful Anchored, and you bent time even further than this room does. It’s not exactly squaring the circle.”

She smiled.

“Indeed. Here, I won’t keep your property away from you any longer.”

The glowing woman rummaged through her purse, and took out Janet’s handgun. It was definitely hers—she could recognize the marks on its handle. But it had clearly become part of this unreal world. Three long, diagonal slits could be seen along the barrel, and each emitted a visible ray of light, just like cracks into the walls of a dusty house. Like the skull ring, it radiated raw power—but the energy was positive and comforting instead of oppressive.

“Since it was a personal item, you should instinctively adjust to its new powers. Still, I’d test it out before using it in a life and death situation.”

“I see.”

Awkward silence. The Paragon wondered why Janet wasn’t standing up to take her gun. The realization hit soon after.

“Oh boy. You’re bound to Governor Griffith, aren’t you?”

* * *

Paragons, huh? I guess it rings a bell. I’ve dreamed about a meeting of them in Geneva, I think. Lots of things happened in Geneva, too, on account of it being the closest major city to the place where I fell into this neverending sleep. I’ll probably tell you that story later.

Wh...What the fuck was that? I...There...There was some kind of huge impact. I felt a loud crash, and everything shook with it. I don’t know, like somebody threw a wrecking ball into the building I’m in, but it withstood the collision.

But that doesn’t make any sense. I’m...I’m not on the material plane anymore. Am I?

Okay, huh...Guess I should back up on this. I started talking to you, but I never told me exactly what my situation was. Well, I can feel my body. I’m sitting on something. Not really a chair, more like a soft, comfortable mound. But I can’t move. Something’s restraining me, but I can’t see what, because there’s nothing but absolute darkness. Like when you’re in a cave and absolutely no light is reaching your eyes, no matter how much they adjust. So I just kind of figured this dark place was just another part of my dream.

But that impact...You’re telling me I’m in a real cave? That this is me waking up every now and then? That I’m still real? How does that work? Am I in the real world? In the Dreamscape? Or is it all in my head? I think I’ll go with the Dreamscape explanation, because there’s no way the Edelweiss hotel is plunged in absolute darkness.

“Helloooo? Can anybody hear meeeee?! I’m trapped, I need heeelp!”

Silence.

Whelp, back to square one.

* * *

Janet felt the Cantrip ring send jolts of static electricity, like tendrils clinging to her skin, as Paragon Werner removed it.

“I’m so dreadfully sorry.” Apologized the shiny woman. “Mister Griffith is...difficult.”

“You tell me. The guy just sends his little damned soul to fetch me, presents himself as the boss of Bunker Hill and tricks me into that shit.”

Janet chuckled, and the Paragon lets her finish her rant.

“Even with all those skills, I guess I’m still an awful judge of character. All the signs were there, goddammit. Save from telling me out loud, there was no way his misoginy could have been more obvious.”

“Don’t blame yourself.” Replied Helena compassionately. “This world is nothing but traps. And while me and my fellow Paragons strive to make Anchoring the safe haven we all need...Nightmare forces us to compromise.”

“What do you mean?”

“Stephen Griffith is indeed the standing governor of the Lost Angels enclave. I am merely here as a spiritual leader.”

“Oh, great. And how did this maniac get this position?”

The Paragon sighed.

“I know nothing about America, Miss Campbell. None of us do. The Anchor was forged in the heart of Europe, in the very eye of the storm.”

“Yeah, we...had some pretty bad reports from there...” Admitted Janet, reminiscing the viewing of the final broadcasts in the situation room. “It wasn’t like America, there weren’t any normal zones...Just an almost continent-wide, 48 hours long descent into madness. The messages got increasingly jumbled, until they were unreadable.”

“Yes. The power Mister Laurent and Miss Schwarz stumbled upon in Geneva was all that stood between us and the complete downfall of the very concept of Order. That’s...” She waved her hand, sensing further questioning. “Much too long a story, I’m afraid. But the gist of it is, we are fighting tooth and nail to create Anchored Havens throughout Europe. Even now, the Dreamers need us to, if not Anchor them, at least remind them there are places that pretend to be normal.”

The secret agent could taste the desperate concern over the other side of the Atlantic in Werner’s eyes. It was obvious America was not her land. And yet, she was here. She was helping in a personal capacity. That was all the discourse Janet needed to know that unlike Griffith, Werner was the legitimate article.

“But it didn’t stop to Europe. You were already stretched thin, and yet you had to help.”

“Yes...Fortunately, Africa and most of Asia, far away from the Queen’s Reverie, had a better time adapting, keeping their Changeling population to manageable levels. We thought we could just let every continent to find its own solutions, as it should be...” Helena took a deep breath, and pinched her nose. “And then Tokyo happened.”

“Tokyo...” Mused Janet. “Griffith mentioned something about Japan. A battle between the Anchored and the Aspect of Fear.”

“Yes. That one’s more of a pain than Loathing, and he’s the one that does nothing but torture people. We knew we had to help the Dreamers there. But a misfortune never comes alone, and Los Angeles was hit by two Aspects at the same time. Needless to say, we panicked. I was sent there posthaste, and I had to find the hardest possible man I could find in short notice.”

Janet chuckled. Yeah. Under pressure, you always end up giving the keys to dangerous people.

“Stephen Griffith is a highly competent leader.” Declared Helena, twisting her fingers. “Before Nightmare, he was one of my acquaintances I respected the most. But I had no suspicions concerning his...old guard views.”

“I still think Abnegation to be my best bet, but I need to break off my link to him.” Declared Janet, determined. “Is this possible under Anchored law?”

“Well, he has never taken a single disciple besides Lilith. He probably has an acute interest in you, and a perverse one at that. But even if he has executive control of the Lost Angels Haven, he will not stand directly against a Paragon. At the very least, I will make you famous enough that he’ll have to leave your mind intact.”

While Ms Campbell knew Griffith was interested in her for her father, there was no denying that creep probably had a second, perverted motive. But this was over, right? One of the most powerful Anchored on Earth was ready to cover her ass. That asshole locked in the 30’s wouldn’t be able to reach her mind now. She had a Cantrip gun, a powerful ally, and a sure way to reach Anchoring. So everything was alright, wasn’t it?

Nope.

Because as defeated as Griffith was in his desire to turn the skilled agent into his doting servant...He was the least of her worries. The trap laid by the Aspect of Lust was still there. No matter how lenient, Initiation would only turn her into Orchid. Anchoring just wasn’t an option anymore, at least not with this particular method. Besides, even with the Paragon’s intervention, she would probably still be Anchored to Griffith, and his plan to turn her into a sex slave would merely be postponed. That fucker and his dick clearly couldn’t wait to break her, and would do so at the first opportunity. So screw it. She had what she came here for ; Information, and an effective weapon.

“I have to thank you then, Miss Werner.” She smiled. “I trust you will resolve the situation.”

“I’ll try. Stay put, Miss Campbell.”

“Will do.”

* * *

I thought it worked out. For now at least. That glowing woman’s a recurring character in my nightmares. And, well...okay, won’t spoil.

I really have to tell you about the Geneva situation some time. It’s kinda how the Anchored came to be. But I don’t know, I guess I wanted to talk about my country first. U.S.A! U.S...

Oh shit!

That impact sound again. Something really is pounding on my prison. I’d formulate theories about what it is, but I don’t even have any idea where I am! I mean, I fell asleep for the last time in the Edelweiss Hotel on the Col de la Forclaz in the French Alps. Am I still there, or was I sent out of time or some shit like that? I dream of people around the hotel all the time, but they’re too busy dealing with Nightmare to investigate the Edelweiss, so I never dream of her reaching me.

As a result, I kinda don’t have any idea whether any of the three factions are any closer to discovering me. Which makes this loud sound all the more unsettling. Because, just as the absolute darkness I’m trapped in, it could pretty much be anything.

* * *

Janet snickered as she walked down the street, twirling her enchanted gun around her finger. “Quit being a smart ass” Often said her mother. But she couldn’t help it, and didn’t particularly want to. Obviously, if she was being watched by her colleagues, she would have at least hesitated before creating a hole in the wall and jump out of the skyscraper with a dreamed-up parachute.

But as it stood, and after going through the Initiation and damn near falling into Nightmare, she really needed to go out with a bang. Besides, there was no guarantee Griffith didn’t have watch dogs along the stairs. So yes, base jumping it was, and awesomely so.

Janet could have done without finding out that the typical white cloth parachute she attempted to dreamshape ended up being green and woven out of leaves, however. She clearly didn’t made it out of the building intact...but at least she was out.

“Alright, enough of this shit. Pacific Palisades, here I come.”

She activated her wrist device and consulted her plans. The closest supply cache was just a few minutes away. No time to waste—she immediately headed west. At last, she was alone. Or as alone as one can be on the treets of the city of Angels. She watched the -admittedly thinned- stream of twisted people walking down the Anchored pavements, giving off a sense of routine she couldn’t observe around the Lax Pylons.

Still, Downtown or not, it was clear expectations of normalcy could only get you so far. A winged woman giggled out loud for no reason, fiddling with an invisible phone. Two canine men ran along on all fours in a surprisingly smooth movement. One pack of animal youngsters, hanging out on the garden porch of a very much out of place suburban house, leered at Janet in an unequivocally sexual manner.

And she felt her own warped slit throb at the idea of being watched in such a way by horny teenagers, boys and girls alike. “Oh, Hell no, you goddamn succubus”, she snarled internally. “You’re not taking me down for this.” So she conspicuously flashed her holstered gun. They, thankfully enough, quickly got the message. Janet was concerned, however, that this would only work in that particular part of town. Northwestern Los Angeles was never known for its chaste restraint, and, well, word was Santa Monica was especially dangerous to attractive women now. Welcome to the Dream.

Speaking of chaste restraint, the operative raised an eyebrow when she saw that the relatively normal streets of Anchored downtown LA dissolved into dark alleys more reminiscent of Victorian London. The safehouse was just ahead, smack dab in the middle of that.

“Well fuck. Here’s hoping the bike didn’t get turned into a giant-wheeled old timey version.”

And so she made her way into the warped streets, right past a gaslight and onto cobbled pavement. A faint but eerie mist began to form as the city lights faded. Turning around, Janet could no longer see Downtown. It was just like the Aspect’s garden, only the atmosphere in this place could best be described as quaint and just a little bit surreal. Subtly so. The shadows didn’t add up, strange, flickering lights came through slits in the window blinds, and the vague chime of bells sounded in the distance. But for all the creepiness...that place was nothing but peaceful, even a little comforting, for some reason.

Some reason Janet guessed pretty quickly.

“Oh, cut the theatrics, will you Lilith?”

A coquettish giggle came from behind her, prompting a 180° turn with dramatic gun pointing. Lilith raised her hands, smiling.

“No need for the gun, dear. I only got us in this pocket dimension so we could talk privately.”

“That’s not actually a comforting thing to say, given your vampirism.”

“Aw, bollocks,” She groans, eyes in the air. “You saw the fangs?”

“Of course I did. Not that it matters that much after what you tried to do.”

Griffith’s thrall ruffles her hair, heaving a deep sigh.

“Look, I get it. Master’s not the nicest bloke, and perhaps I’ve been pretty bad at conveying just how much the advantages of Anchoring outweigh the costs.” She began, apologetically, before raising her voice. “But that’s not a reason to make the bloody Paragon look like a tit!”

“Oh, yes, sorry for the blow to her dignity, but I’ve got better things to do than making you guys look good, Mentor Lilith Kensington.”

Said Mentor didn’t seem to take it too well, given that she frowned and bared her fangs.

“Do you think that’s what it is about?! Status? We’re helping you, and you’re acting like a teenager! I will admit the conditions are less than ideal but bloody grow up, girl! Help has a price!”

On one hand, Janet actually had a rather dire reason to bail in such an expedient and admittedly immature manner. On the other hand, she couldn’t say what. Rhetorics to the rescue!

“Of course it does.” Replied Janet, successfully keeping a poker face. “But I wouldn’t work for the secret service if I found out the female employees had to fuck the President every Friday. The ‘greater good’ only gets you so far.”

“You’re thinking normal world.” Snarled Lilith. “Well guess what. The Dreamscape isn’t stopping. Let’s say you get through the perimeter with your friend this time. You know Nightmare will catch up to you. Great principles are one thing, as is strength of spirit. But in the long run, you don’t have a choice. It’s Anchoring or madness.”

Janet chuckled.

“What?!” Aggressively reacted Lilith.

“Ever notice how ‘you don’t have a choice’ always ends up being the argument?”

“That’s probably because that’s the way it bloody is, Janet.”

“Right. Because we humans are notoriously powerless to tear down walls, or at the very least, get through the cracks. ‘There’s no alternative’? Science successfully challenged Euclidian geometry! What the fuck do you think the precepts of your order are worth? I don’t know your story, Lilith, but I can tell you’re better than that. You know the Aspect of Lust personally and you didn’t end up in her stable. You’re strong. Stronger than fatalism.”

The black woman saw Lilith’s eyebrows twitch. She pressed on.

“Keep in mind, I’m no anarchist. Hell, I work for The Man! But believing in law and order doesn’t mean putting everything you hear on a pedestal! And you’re right, I don’t know this world. But it still seems to me that slavery to an authority figure as the only cure for Nightmare is pretty fucking convenient for the people who wear suits for a living.”

“Hmpfh. It saved me.”

“Good for you. I prefer saving myself. Goodbye.”

And with that, she turned around, and resumed walking to the safehouse. She knew Lilith was right. And she absolutely would have accepted the Paragon’s help if that damned Aspect hadn’t ruined everything. Now, her only hope was to catch Flora, get out of the Dreamscape, and hope normalcy would cure her.

But as she was considering her options, Janet heard footsteps. Lilith was still on her trail!

“Stop following me.” Sternly said Janet. “I’m not coming back with you.”

The pretty vampire answered with her usual chipper tone.

“Well, good thing I’m not here to get you back, then, heh?”

“Yeah, sure. Like you didn’t just try to convince me.”

“I had to vent. Otherwise I was pretty sure that getting you back was a no go the moment you jumped from a bloody skyscraper.”

“Hm. Point taken. So why are you here?”

“Because going alone in Northwest LA will get your mind shredded into mincemeat, Janet. And just because you reject Anchoring doesn’t mean we won’t help you. We’re not a bloody cult.”

“Could have fooled me.”

“Well, I hope I’ll unfool you.”

“Fine.”

Silence. This was an uneasy alliance at best, but they both understood they had to put their differences aside. Lilith needed to earn her charge’s trust, and Janet couldn’t afford to go into hostile territory blind.

“Okay,” Started to disclose the African American as part of the unspoken deal. “I have a safehouse up ahead with guns and a bike.”

“You can forget the guns, but a pristine vehicle’s always nice, if nobody got to it that is.”

“Pretty sure nobody could break our preferred brand of lock.”

“Wicked, then. Dreamers who have both a knack for Dreamshaping and a technical know-how sell themselves like the bloody Queen. A normal bike should at least take us to Santa Monica before it gets tainted.”

They were in the indicated location. Janet looked around, still following the conversation.

“Christ. Tainted? You mean it won’t work until the Palisades?”

“Almost certainly not, I’m afraid. Intricate technology has a way of going tits up pretty fast, and it gets worse the bigger it is. Your fancy wrist computer should last a day or two, but outside Downtown, the bike is pretty much buggered in less than a bloody hour”

“Well that’s unpleasant...Ah, here it is.”

Janet went to an unassuming wall behind a dumpster. A few strokes on her device later, and a small slab just straight protuded from the wall, assisted by four metal arms. The slab flipped over, and revealed an input panel. Lilith didn’t have the time to raise an eyebrow that the black woman had already activated the code. An entire wall section slid into the ground and revealed a steel-coated garage. Lilith could see quite a few pieces of equipment in there, but she pretty much just dismissed the lot of them. Only the modern, race-worthy metal steed Janet was rolling out into the alley found value in her eyes.

“Nice bike.” Let the British vampire out, admirative.

“I hope that’s an expert opinion, because you’re riding shotgun.”

Lilith turned around and was greeted by a thoroughly suspicious stare. She sighed.

“You’re afraid I’m gonna feed on you, right?”

“Don’t bother trying to taunt me, Mina Harker.” Sternly replied Janet. “You’re taking the front seat even if I have to teach you how to drive.”

“You’re such a ponce.”

The small blonde woman got onto the metal steed and had no problem starting the engine.

“Good.” Commented Janet. “That’ll make this easier.”

“You bet.” Taunted Lilith back. “There’s no damn way to the Palisades without confronting either Charybdis or Scylla, but your stupid butt would have taken the Interstate 10, right?”

“Of course I would have. It’s clearly the best way to the coast without getting anywhere near Hollywood.”

“Yep. Which is exactly why Ryûjin has made damn sure the whole highway is his own personal flypaper from the intersection with the 110 onwards.”

Janet chuckled as she took the backseat.

“Who the fuck is Ryûjin?”

Lilith looked over her shoulder, nothing but mockery in her eyes.

“Scylla.”

* * *