The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Fukushū no tabi, Shōkan no tabi

by J. Darksong

* * *

Ch.1)

“So. All packed and ready to go?”

Veronica Albinn glanced over at the man peering at her through the doorway. “Yeah,” she said softly, bending down to close the lid of the small suitcase she’d packed. “Everything I plan to bring with me, except my katana and wakizashi, of course. And I’m trusting Nigel’s people to handle smuggling those into the country.”

“I see,” Parker Albinn replied, stepping into the bedroom. He walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, sighing softly and she pressed back against him. It seemed so long ago since they had shared this simple level of intimacy. And now she was leaving. “You know I’d go with you in an instant if I could,” he told her sincerely.

“I know, my love,” she whispered back, eyes closed. “But we all agreed. This is the best chance we have. It has to be just the two of us alone... Venus and myself. You’d stand out too much. And even though you know the language, you still speak it like a gaijun.” She squeezed his hand. “Besides, you have to keep Lucy safe.”

“Yeah, I know,” Parker acknowledged. “Still... I can’t help worrying about you. You and Venus Satore taking on the entire Yakuza by yourselves, with no backup? It’s insane!”

“Hey, you helped us plan out all the details, you know,” she reminded him gently. “Besides, we’re not taking on the entire Japanese mafia, just the ninja clan of the Aizukotetsu-kai. And even then, the plan isn’t to fight our way through them one by one. The idea is to get close enough to deal with Oyabun-sama and Fu Aki-sama once and for all. Once that’s done, we make our escape. With the two of them dispatched, the rest of the clan should be in such disarray it will take years, possibly decades, before they are stable enough to be a threat to anyone else, let alone us.”

“Yes, yes, I know,” Parker replied, frowning. “I helped plan this, remember? I know the basic idea. I get it. But... you’ll be there all alone, with no backup. And you know what they say about the ‘best-laid plans’. If something goes wrong, and you end up captured... or worse...” He sighed softly. “Can’t we ask, I dunno... Lacie to go with you? Just as support?”

“Sweetie,” Roni said patiently, “this is a stealth mission. Bringing in our biggest of the ‘big guns’ would not only raise all sorts of red flags and send Oyabun scurrying for the nearest hidey-hole, it would likely spark an international incident! Having America’s most powerful heroine suddenly appear and start wrecking shop tends to attract a lot of attention.”

“FUCK attracting attention!” Parker growled, hands clenching into fists. “And FUCK causing an international incident! I could give a rat’s ass about any of that. I just want YOU to come back home safely.” He sighed softly, letting the tension slide away. “Both of you, I mean. I can’t imagine what I’d do if anything happened to the two of you while you’re over there.”

“We’ll be fine, baby,” she murmured softly, melting into him. “I promise. This is my element, after all. It’s what I was trained for... both parts of my psyche. And between Venus’ knowledge of the Clan, my own experience, and our powers, we have every possible advantage here. Trust me. It’s going to be fine.”

She needed to put him at ease. Parker was her rock, the source of her strength. Despite all of her positive words, she was actually very scared of heading back to Japan. The Hand was gunning for her and her daughter. They’d sent assassins and kidnappers after them. They’d even tried going through legal channels with the State Department to have her extradited just to get their hands on her again. And here she was, voluntarily going back into that country, heading directly into the lion’s den of her own free will.

Heh. Maybe that cackling little harpy Patricia Grimalde is right after all. Maybe I DO need to have my head examined...

Still, it wasn’t as if they had a choice in the matter. She knew the Hand all too well. They would not stop coming after her or Lucy. Each setback only strengthened their resolve, and they’d keep sending operatives down to the last man until they succeeded. It was a matter of honor at this point. Oyabun-sama had lost face in failing to deal with one of his own ‘upstart rogue ninja’, and the other Yakuza leaders would no doubt call him out on it if he simply let the matter drop.

One way or another, it has to end. The only way I’ll be able to move on with my life and ensure my family has a future is to deal with this final chapter from my past.

While not privy to the thoughts going through his wife’s head, Parker was, nevertheless, quite aware of her anxiety. Despite her brave words, he’d felt her shudder slightly in his arms. She was confident in their plan... but still scared. Sighing softly, he pulled her arms away from her suitcase, and lifted her bodily in his arms, despite her giggling protests. “Shush, you,” he chided her, taking her back to the bed, placing her on it gently. “You’re about to leave the country for the next several weeks, possibly longer. The least I can do is help you relax a bit,” he said, working his hands gently but firmly underneath her clothes, “and take your mind off things.”

Veronica giggled at that, kicking off her heels, and shimmying out of her pants as Parker relieved her of her blouse. “By all means,” she cooed, as she lay before him, clad in only a pair of black lace panties, “I could use a bit of mindless enjoyment right about now.” Smirking devilishly, Parker leaned forward, whispering softly in her ear. Roni let out a soft gasp, eyes going momentarily wide, before glazing over, dropping to half-slits. “Uuhhnnn... Master,” she sighed softly, relaxing deeply, her entire body going as limp and listless as her thoughts.

“Mmm... that’s my good girl,” Parker murmured softly, shedding his own clothing in turn. “I know you’re going to be very busy and focused on your mission when you leave tomorrow... but for now until then, I want you to forget all of that.” He entered her smoothly, and she groaned deeply, back arching ever so slightly. “For now, until it is time to leave, all you will feel is pleasure... deep abiding pleasure, that wipes away all worry and concern.”

“Oooohhh Master,” she moaned, as he began to pump inside her. “Feels soooo good... mmmm... love you... take me... fuck me... fill me, Master...” she managed, toes beginning to curl.

Chuckling softly, Parker obliged his loving wife, giving her a focused and intense fucking, drawing it out, giving her the most pleasure he could muster. He even surprised himself, cumming within her several moments later, finding himself still hard, still ready, and eager to continue. Damn... ‘rejuvenation’ she called it. Well, my dear little Venus, I’ll have to remember to thank you for this little gift sometime soon, he thought to himself, as he shifted position, lifting Roni’s feet to his shoulders, delving even deeper into her wet silken depths, And I think I know just how best to show my appreciation, he chuckled silently, as he brought himself and his wife-slave off to another earth-shattering climax...

* * *

“Aaaaaahhh aaaaaahhhh Goddess Bleeeesssssss!” Venus Satore screamed her pleasure as she came yet again, shuddering violently from the blissful sensations wracking her body. Her body had remarkable stamina and a capacity for pleasure, but even it had finally reached its limit. With an effort, she pulled away gently from the two lovely naked forms tending so lovingly to her needs. “Dears... loves... please,” she panted softly, breathlessly, “no more! I can’t... handle anymore... need a break...”

“Awww,” Chloe Andrews replied with a pout, her short cut blonde hair shimmering in the sunlight shining through their bedroom window. “Not fair, my Goddess. I only got a taste. Rose was hogging your wonderful pussy all to herself!”

“Was not!” Rosella Contreras stated indignantly, her lower face still slick with Venus’ love juices. “You got her first, after all, It’s not MY fault that I was able to make her cum harder and longer than you.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Yes... and it’s NOT as if you haven’t had months of practice learning exactly what She likes and how best to make her cum like a geyser! How am I ever supposed to catch up if you keep hogging her all to yourself?”

“I’m not hogging!” Rose persisted. “Goddess Aphrodite ASKED for us to switch. Besides, while I was focused on her pussy, you got to play with her heavenly breasts!”

Chloe nodded, considering. “True. And ‘heavenly’ is definitely an apt description! Still... I only got a taste,” she murmured, sliding closer to her slave sister, “so you’d better be willing to share,” she said, kissing Rose deeply, before slowly and deftly licking every drop of pussy juice from the younger girl’s face.

Venus watched it all, amused. She did realize that she had been playing favorites a little and that it really wasn’t fair to Chloe. The blonde was every bit as loving and devoted as her Rosella, and truly, she did not wish to trade one for the other. I’ll have to remember to make an extra effort with her once we get back from Japan, she promised herself. Maybe spend a bit more private alone time with her. It IS only fair, after all.

“Well, my lovely ones,” she said aloud, sitting up from the bed, “as lovely as this was, I think we should actually leave the bedroom for a change. I for one am feeling a bit peckish... and I’d like to go out to eat somewhere nice instead of just ‘grabbing a quick bite’ as we usually do.”

The girls perked up at that. “A night out? As in a ‘real’ date?” Rose asked, intrigued.

Venus nodded. “Sure. Why not? Let’s get dressed up and make it a real occasion? I’ve simply been dying to go to that restaurant you keep raving about... what was it again? Lorrencio’s?”

“Um, that Lorenzo’s, Goddess,” Chloe corrected her with a slight frown. “And... are we sure we want to go there? It’s very exclusive... even the rich and famous usually end up having to reserve a table weeks, sometimes months in advance! Also... well... Eugene Frasier and his family frequent that restaurant,” she added delicately. “And you’re... not exactly his favorite person at the moment.”

Venus merely waved a hand dismissively. “That’s not an issue. We’re just going out for dinner after all. It’s not as if I’m looking to start a fight with the man or anything. Besides, what are the chances of him being there on the very day and time that we decided to go?”

Considering how often he eats there? Probably about fifty-fifty, Rose thought to herself, worried. “You know, there are better places to eat out,” she suggested easily, trying to dissuade Satore without being obstinate. “Lorenzo’s focuses mostly on Italian dishes anyway... since you’re going to be abroad in Japan for the next several weeks, maybe we should go somewhere for a more... ah, traditional meal?”

“Traditional?” Venus asked eyebrow raised. “You mean as in hot dogs and hamburgers? Is THAT what suggesting?”

“I was actually thinking seafood,” Rose replied, an idea already in mind. “Like fresh Maine lobster, and Alaskan salmon. At, say... the Bonefish Grill on Montgomery?”

“Oooh... it’s been ages since I’ve had really good lobster,” Chloe added wistfully. “And snow crab legs... and those plump little roasted prawns...”

Venus laughed aloud, shaking her head. “All right, all right. You convinced me! We can go to the Bonefish Grill instead. It’s classy yet rustic... should be a nice change of pace.” Sliding out of bed, stretching, she glanced back at her two thralls. “Now, why don’t the two of you go shower and get cleaned up while I make some phone calls? And dears,” she added with a smirk, “try and keep the play time to a minimum. We do have an appointment to attend after all.” Both heroines had the good grace to blush.

Sighing softly, Venus watched them leave, noting with amusement the exaggerated shaking of their rumps as they left, knowing that their Owner was watching. She was going to miss them terribly. The very notion shocked her somewhat, the closeness that had developed between them in such a short time. They were, in truth, her slaves, her obedient thralls, living only to please her, incapable of betraying or turning against her. And yet, they were so much more. The connection between them, their bond, was so much stronger than any she’d shared previously from slaves she had taken by force. The fact that they had given themselves to her willingly was, of course, the main contributing factor. And her powers, which had been severely stunted from losing all of her other slaves, had returned with a vengeance, to the equal of what she’d had before.

I guess it’s a question of quality over quantity, she mused silently.

Truth be told, though... as lovely as her two companions were, this time with them was as much a distraction for her as it was spending quality time with them. Even now, standing there in her bedroom, she found her thoughts returning to the object of her heart’s desire. Parker Albinn. She sighed softly, pushing the thought away as she retrieved her cell phone. This was Veronica’s last chance to be with her husband for the next several weeks. She wouldn’t begrudge her that.

And it’s not as if I’ve lacked for a bedmate all this time, she reasoned, glancing at the bathroom, listening to the sounds of giggling and moaning coming from inside. Those two are definitely something very special. And I wouldn’t trade them for an entire army of slaves, willing or otherwise...

She glanced up sharply, then sighed, rolling her eyes as the very recognizable sound of Chloe cumming her sweet little brains out. “Tch... and I told them to keep the playtime to a minimum,” she muttered, dialing the restaurant on the phone. Placing their reservations, she tossed the phone aside and walked to the bathroom door. “Ah well... if you want bath time done right, guess I’ll have to supervise it myself to make sure. Girls, slide over and make room for me!” she called out as she slid naked into the bathroom joining them.

* * *

“Surrender now, or face the wrath of Puppet Woman!”

Robbie Grimalde twisted his mouth, rolling his eyes as he shook his head in defiance. “No way! Lucy, c’mon. You GOTTA pick a better name than that!”

“Awww... really?” Lucy Albinn said with a pout, sighing softly. “But it’s what my power does! I can move people like puppets with my bear.”

“Yeah,” Robbie agreed, “but if you wanna be a superhero like your mom and dad, and Katie and S’ban and Tawnya, then you gotta come up with a good name! You gotta come up with something that will scare th’ bad guys, yanno? Puppets will just make ’em laugh.”

Lucy sighed, slumping back down on her best friend’s bed in defeat. “Ugh. This is hard! I was so excited when Daddy said he was going to start training me to use my superpowers so I can learn to be a hero... but I can’t even do the EASY part—coming up with a good name!”

“Don’t worry, Lucy, we’ll think of somethin’ good,” Robbie told her. “If not, we got lots of people we can ask.” He sighed softly, dropping down on the bed opposite her. “At least you get to BE a hero someday. I don’ even HAVE superpowers.”

Lucy patted him lightly on the arm. “My momma always said that it’s not the powers that make someone a hero, it’s the kind of person that they are,” she said wisely. “I mean, look at Uncle Eugene! He’s one of the bestest heroes there is, and HE doesn’t have any superpowers at all! He uses his inventions to make armor and fly around fighting bad guys. And you’re smart, Robbie! I betcha you could make some armor and go out and fight bad guys too when you get older if you wanted.”

Robbie brightened at that. “Hey! You think I could?” he asked hopefully.

“Sure! Or you might get magic powers like Miss T’ana and Miss S’ban did,” she pointed out. “If you did, you could call yourself ‘Birdman!’ or something!”

Robbie jumped up from the bed suddenly, placing his hands at his hips in a dramatic pose. “Surender now, evildoers, or face the wrath of BIRDMAN!” Both kids burst into laughter.

Across the hallway, Patricia Grimalde chuckled as well, shaking her head. Wow. It’s amazing sometimes how well those two get along. And Lucy... she is just so precious, she thought, smiling softly. As she’d started hanging around Robbie more and more, becoming a regular face in the Towers, it was hard for her not to think of the young girl as her own daughter. A thought which lead to other thoughts, ones she had pushed aside or repressed, though now she was comfortable enough with herself and her relationship with both her husband AND her old friend to be able to explore them without shame.

Yes... once upon a time, she might have actually BEEN my daughter, she mused idly, watching the two of them at play. Not that that is in any way a BAD thing. Parker and Veronica have raised a fine girl, she thought ruefully, glancing briefly down the hall at her own daughter’s bedroom, and maybe if they’re lucky, she’ll skip her awkward rebellious phase when she enters her teens and thinks that her mother is the devil incarnate. Not that I can really blame her too much, she chided herself. I was a bit of a hellion too at that age. Goddess... how the hell Angela managed to put up with me all those years without strangling me is a miracle.

The thought of her foster mother-slash-slave sister brought another smile to her lips. Tossed out by her drugged up junkie of a mom when she was even younger than little Lucy, bouncing from foster home to foster home, living on the streets before she’d been taken in by her now slave-sister, Angela’s was the face she envisioned when she thought of her ‘mom’. She almost felt that it should have been weird, sharing a bed and a man with the woman who had raised her, yet it felt completely natural, and just plain right.

She sighed softly, giving the kids one last glance before continuing down the hallway to her office, to finish up a few lingering details. I’d always wanted a big family, she mused to herself. Hell, back when I was on the streets, I would have settled for ANY kind of family. Now, not only do I have a big huge loving family, and friends, my circle is getting even wider. Maybe it’s a few years too soon to start planning the wedding just yet, and the notion probably hasn’t even crossed their minds... but I have to admit, I wouldn’t mind having Lucy Albinn for a daughter-in-law instead of just a daughter...

* * *

“So... I take it you guys have everything you need?” Parker asked unnecessarily. Roni and Venus glanced at each other and rolled their eyes.

“Yes, for the hundredth time!” his wife said, loading her suitcase into the back of her black Jaguar F-type. Loaded, she turned back and graced him with a soft kiss to mollify him. “Stop worrying, Parker. We’ve got this.”

“I know, I know... excuse me for being thorough,” he grumbled before sighing softly. “But.. just humor me a minute, okay? Say you’re stopped by the police as soon as you enter the country—”

“Not going to happen,” Venus replied coolly, holding up her new passport an ID. “The police have no reason to stop Asami Ishikawa and Kasumi Maeda, two simple senior college students returning home from abroad.”

“But, if for some reason they did,” Roni continued, raising her left hand, glowing slightly with psychic energy, “they’d forget the reason they’d stopped us and send us on our way after tearing up the reports they’d written.”

Parker nodded. “Fair enough. And... if you happened to end up with a shootout with Yakuza soldiers?”

“My kunai blades and katana are being loaded onto the plane as we speak,” Roni replied, smirking slightly, “thanks to the diligence and resourcefulness of one Nigel Grimalde.”

“But even then,” Venus added, lifting her arms, twirling around in a circle, “all of our clothing was treated with that ‘clothes goop’ compound you insisted we use, making them stronger than Kevlar and virtually indestructible.” She shrugged. “So basically, as long as no one nails us with a headshot, we’re fine. And before you even ask, Roni and I are both agile enough to dodge a bullet or two.”

“Okay, good point,” he conceded. “But one last issue. How are you getting back out? What’s the extraction plan once you... well... do the deed? Ideally, you’d slip in and out before anyone realizes what’s happened. But what if an alarm is tripped, and you end up facing an army of ninja out for your head?”

The two glanced at each other. “As unlikely an outcome as that may be,” Venus replied, “I’m pretty sure I can handle it. If worse comes to worse, I’ll simply use my divine aura to entrance and enthrall the entire group.”

Parker frowned, eyebrow raised. “Can you still do that to an entire crowd? Especially after having your power, ah... reduced, by the, un, Nornir?”

Venus glared at him briefly at the reminder, then sighed. “Yes, Parker, I’m pretty sure I can manage it. Chloe and Rosella’s devotion has empowered me enough that the... restrictions... your friend Lacie placed on me are insignificant.” She crossed her arms at her chest. “So, are you finally satisfied?”

Parker nodded, sighing back. “Satisfied? Yes. Happy about the situation? Not in the least.” As both women moved to enter the car, however, he pulled Venus back. “Look, I’m sorry about what I said earlier,” he apologized sincerely. “I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings by bringing up the past. And... you know I care about you, right? Just as much as Roni?”

Venus sighed softly, melting against him. “I know,” she said softly. “And... I’m not really mad. And for what it’s worth, we’re both going to miss you like crazy.” She sighed softly, forcing herself to pull away. “Still, we’ve both got important jobs to do. While we’re away, it’s your job to keep Lucy safe. And by the way, I’ve asked Chloe and Rosella to stay with you while we’re gone to keep you safe.” She chuckled, eyes twinkling in wicked delight. “I also told them to take... VERY good care of you... and to make sure you’re not too lonely while we’re away.”

Parker’s face went crimson. “You said WH...” he paused, glancing at the driver side of the car, where Veronica sat patiently waiting. “Please tell me you’re kidding,” he grumbled, irritated by Venus’ apparent delight.

“Well, Parker dear,” she said lightly, teasingly, as she pulled him into an embrace, “they ARE my slaves. Obedient and loving to a fault... they would do anything I ask them to. So... I asked them to take care of you. That’s all.”

“Yeah, I get that... but just how much ‘taking care’ does that take care part encompass?”

Venus chuckled. “Relax, Parker. I’m just teasing you. It’s going to be fine. They’ll basically play the part of security for you and Lucy, and otherwise, just make sure the place is clean and tidy. Maybe make sure you get a nice home cooked meal once in a while—Chloe is a fantastic cook, by the way.”

“Oh,” Parker said with a sigh, nodding. “Well... okay. In that case... you guys drive safely.” He leaned forward, giving her a soft kiss on the lips before stepping back, allowing her to slid into the car’s passenger side. He waved at them idly as Roni pulled out onto the road.

Veronica glanced idly at the smirking Venus. “Let me guess. He freaked out about you having Chloe and Rose share his bed while we’re gone?” Her scarlet haired partner laughed.

“You called it. I thought for sure the vein on the side of his head would burst!”

“You know, you shouldn’t really tease him that way,” Roni chided her. “He’s going to feel guilty enough as it is when he realizes we were actually SERIOUS about letting him have Chloe and Rose while we were gone. And you KNOW how stubborn he can be! In fact, I bet he won’t even be able to make a move on them while we’re gone.”

“Oh? I don’t think you give the man, or my girls, enough credit. I bet you a hundred bucks that he’ll be fucking them both within a week of us leaving.”

Roni smirked at that eyebrow raised. “A week? Parker?”

“I told my girls what I expect them to do. And believe me, they can be VERY persuasive when they want to be.” Venus chuckled softly at the thought. “Honestly... that man may be the king of his castle, but hardly takes advantage of it. Maybe having the two of them at his beckoned call will pump a bit more testosterone into the guy.”

Roni glanced at her sidelong. “Okay, I’ll take that bet. So, Venus... a more dominant Parker appeals to you, does it?” she asked, a knowing smirk on her lips now as Venus blushed. “You know, love, for all your avoiding the subject, for all your pretensions and bravado, what you REALLY want is for Parker to assert himself with you... to make you submit to him the way I do. You want him to force you to admit what we both know but that you’re trying too hard to avoid—that you are Parker’s slave.”

The denial and retort lingered on Satore’s lips for a long moment before turning into an exhaled breath. “Fine,” she said in a strained voice a moment later. “You want me to say the words? Fine. I’m... Parker Albinn’s... devoted love-slave... just like you,” she managed, relaxing a bit as the words finally flowed out of her. “I even admitted as much to Chloe and Rosella earlier before we left. I told them that they belonged to me... but that I belonged to Parker. So, by extension, he was their Master as much as he was mine.” She glanced over at Veronica who merely nodded, grinning. “I also told them that if they dared to reveal a word of that to Parker himself I would kill them both in their sleep,” she said blandly. “And the same goes for you, ninja girl.”

Veronica laughed. “Easier said than done, sweetie. I’m a very light sleeper. And anyway... it’s nothing to be ashamed of! You should tell Parker straight out how you feel and get it off your chest. Trust me, you’ll feel better for it.”

But Venus turned away, glancing out of the window at the landscape as they drove along. “That’s easy for you to say,” she muttered softly. “You’re used to your submission. It was forced on you at an early age. And with Parker, you gave it to him willingly, and then again, when I restored your bond. But with me... I’ve always been the one in control. Always. Submitting to Parker... it feels so right... but also wrong, as if I’m going against everything I know! Even saying it out loud is a goddamn struggle!” She shook her head. “Don’t get me wrong. It’s what I want. I’m... just not sure I can do it.”

“Hey, now, come on,” Roni said, placing a hand on her shoulder. “You don’t have to feel guilty about your feelings for Parker. Not to me, and certainly not to yourself! If I’m not bothered with you being in love with him, then it shouldn’t bother you.” She sighed softly. “He is quite a man, isn’t he? It’s almost... magical, in a way. It’s like we mesh so well.” She glanced at her partner sidelong. “And the same with you. Don’t think I haven’t noticed when you two are together. He just... somehow knows where and how to touch or kiss or caress to just...mmm... drive you wild!”

Venus sighed softly. “Tell me about it. Ever since the old days, way back when...” She smiled softly. “He was right... just the man I needed as a High Priest. I’m so glad he pointed me in Parker’s direction...”

“He? He who?”

Venus opened her eyes, then shook her head. “Never mind. He doesn’t exist anymore anyway. Ancient history.”

“Okay,” Roni said with a shrug, dropping the topic. “Well, we’re going to be apart for at least the next two or three weeks,” Roni said, patting her friend’s arm lightly as she pulled out onto the interstate. “You’ve got plenty of time to figure it out before you have to deal with Parker again in person. For now, we should just focus on what’s to come.” Nodding her agreement, Venus turned back, giving her a small smile as the two continued on their journey.

* * *

“So... what do you think about Renview?” Katie Frasier asked, biting her lips slightly, focusing, sweeping the brush every so lightly Sioban MacMillan’s baby toe. “It’s a pretty nice neighborhood.”

“I know, but it’s also kind of out of the way,” Sioban pointed out, clenching her toes together tightly, struggling to suppress the urge to pull away or burst into giggles. Katie took no small amount of pride and pleasure at painting her toes, and she wanted to let her do so. But she was so damned sensitive... keeping her mind on the topic at hand was helping distract her. “What about Freemont?”

Katie paused, considering. “Freemont was... okay,” she said slowly, picking her words. “But it was kind of small. Not that wherever we decide to move to has to necessarily be a mansion or anything. But, um... it would be nice to have a few more spare rooms in case we decided to have company stay over... or if we decide its time to... increase the size of our family?”

“You mean... kids?” Sioban replied, swallowing slightly. “Katie...”

“Not any time in the near future or anything,” Katie said quickly, waving a hand. “We’re both WAY too young to think about starting a family right now. I just... hope that we can keep the conversation on the subject open, that’s all. You know... for someday?”

Chuckling laughter came from the corner, from the young dark skinned girl reading her textbook in the recliner. “What’s the matter, Bon-bon?” Tawnya Parkinson teased. “I think you’d make a great mom! Heck, if you can put up with me and Katie, you can handle a bunch of rugrats.”

Bonnie blushed lightly. “It’s not... I mean, yes, I’d like to have children someday...” she said, a smile creasing her lips, her toes wiggling slightly from the stimulation. “It’s just... there’s so much going on right now... with you and Katie and the job, and being a Tearbearer...” She grunted, letting out a huge sigh of relief as Katie finally released her foot, declaring herself done. She smiled, glancing down at her cute pedicured and painted toes. “I just think it’s a little soon to start talking about kids is all.”

“Of course, sweetie,” Katie said, leaning up to kiss her gently on the lips, “I’m just saying we should keep it in mind when looking for a place to stay. If we’re going for a house instead of an apartment, it should be big enough that we don’t end up feeling crowded years later when we DO decide to have kids of our own.”

“Yeah... I’m kind of curious about the ‘how’ part of that myself,” T-baby replied, head still buried in her book. “I mean, two girls, having a kid? Were you thinking of adopting? Or artificial insemination? Or, I dunno, finding a ‘baby daddy’ to do the deed? I know your Aunt Sarah is some kind of magical witch and can do some kind of... fusion thing, to help you both have a kid without a man being involved. But will she be around to do so when you guys reach that time in your lives? And do you wanna even go the whole ‘magic’ route anyway?”

“Let’s just say that we have a lot of options open to us and leave it at that,” Bonnie replied with a sigh. “In the meantime, we have the weekend off to just hang out together. And it’s the middle of summer. Any ideas on how to enjoy this rare opportunity?”

“Hmph. Speak for yourself,” Tawnya grumbled, glancing up briefly as Katie took her place at her feet, tugging at her socks, nail polish tray at the ready. “SOME of us have a test on Monday they need to study for.”

“Study? Psssh,” Katie replied, rolling her eyes as she bared her lover’s lovely long slender feet. “You already have an A in the class. And it’s Calculus. Math! You already know how to do it. If I tested you on the material right now, I bet you’d pass.”

“Maybe, but I don’t want to just pass,” she protested, leaning back as Katie raised the footrest. “I want an ‘A’! And for that, I need to study the material.”

“You know, there IS a thing as studying too much,” Sioban said innocently, causing Tawnya to glare in her direction. “Seriously! Focus too much for too long, and you’ll get burnt out. Trust me. I’ve seen it happen. What you really need is some time to relax and unwind!”

Katie grinned. “And for now, you REALLY NEED to pick a color. What do you want? Red like mine?” she asked, raising her leg, wiggling her own freshly painted toes, “or blue like Bon-bon’s?”

“Hmmm... I think I’d like purple, actually,” T replied with a grin. “I really like the way it looked on S’ban last time.”

“Good choice, Madame,” Katie replied with an exaggerated bow. “And if I may say, I think it will look lovely with your complexion.” Shaking the bottle in preparation, she blinked, grinning suddenly. “OH! I know! We should go to the beach!”

Sioban and Tawnya glanced at her. “The beach?” Bonnie asked, dubiously. “You mean up along the Oregon coast? It would be an interesting way to kill some time, but not exactly what I had in mind—”

“No, no, I was thinking somewhere tropical!” Katie replied with enthusiasm. “Like Maui! Or Barbados! Or the Caymans!”

“Hmmm... an island vacation for the weekend? That DOES sound like fun,” Tawnya said hesitantly, “but my studies...”

“Tell you what,” Sioban said with a twinkle in her eye. “You can come with us to the Cayman Islands and read while on the beach. That way we’ll all be together, and you can work on your tan while you study, or grab a quick dip in that beautiful clear blue water when you feel like taking a break.” Tawnya’s lip trembled, her resistance wavering.

“Drinks with little umbrellas served by scantily clad men AND women,” Katie added, trying to seal the deal.

“Well... how would we even get there?” Tawnya asked, her last ditch protest causing them to pause. “Even if Nigel let us use his private jet, we’re talking what... a twelve, possible fourteen-hour flight? It’s already midday. It’ll be night when we arrive, and then another twelve-hour flight back home... at best we’d only get a day and a half.” She picked her textbook back up. “Not worth it. Best to stay home.”

Katie and Sioban glanced at each other. “Maybe you just need a bit more incentive,” Katie replied, setting aside her nail polish, grabbing a startled Tawyna by the ankles as Bonnie walked casually over to join them, wiggling her fingers and her freshly painted nails.

“OKAY! OKAY! OKAY! I GIVE! NO TICKLING!” Tawnya said quickly before they could start tickling her senseless. “Geez, Bonnie... you’re just as bad as Katie. And I thought you’d end up rubbing off on her,” she chuckled as they released her ankles. “Fine. I’m in. But that still leaves the question of us getting there and back in time to have any fun—”

“Duh! Hello, T-baby?” Katie interrupted, rolling her eyes. “You guys are magical. You can teleport now. You or Bonnie could whisk the three of us from here straight to the Islands in an instant! All we need to do is pack our swimsuits and off we go!”

“I dunno... you don’t think Skuld would be upset at us using our powers for something so frivolous?”

“I think it’ll be fine,” Sioban said with a nod. “Really, it’s not much different from using our wings to fly someplace instead of driving. And honestly, I could use the practice.” She smirked. “And best of all, if anything happens here, and we’re needed, we can pop back in a matter of minutes.”

Tawnya closed the book with a loud snap. “Okay, count me in. I have been a bit stressed out lately. A small break would be a good thing.” She laughed ruefully, making her way over to the dresser. Talk about a game changer. That sexy little blonde certainly does a number on our whole dynamic. Sioban, the woman I used to swear had a permanent stick up her ass, encouraging me to play hookey! Who would have thunk it?

* * *

Toshi sat perfectly still in his perch, not moving, barely breathing, staring at the house a short distance away. Finally, after an eternity of waiting, the upstairs light went out. Toshi let out a small sigh of relief. He glanced at his partner, holding the directional microphone at the target’s window. Megumi nodded, signaling that the target was safely asleep and ready to be taken.

“Let’s give the parents a few minutes to settle in before we begin our approach,” he said softly, setting his watch, before sliding it off his wrist. “And don’t forget, we go in with no gear, no metal, nothing that might give us away. Enemy Two has extremely accurate hearing. If we’re detected, he’ll be on us in literally a second.”

“Hence the sound suppression suits,” Megumi replied blithely. “Hai, I know. I am more concerned with Enemy One. The file says she is psychic. Even if we go in completely silent, how do we keep her from detecting us?”

Toshi sighed. “Enemy One’s psychic range is small, just a few yards at best. And she will be asleep—it is unlikely that she’ll detect us. Even if she does, with a little luck we’ll be in and out so fast she won’t be able to react. Our biggest advantage is the element of surprise.”

“Surprise? Hmph,” Megumi grumbled, glancing down at the unmarked white van parked just down the street. “That’s assuming Sasuke does HIS part and finds a way to bypass their security system. He’s only been at it for two hours now!”

“I heard that, Megumi-san,” a bland nasally voice called out through their earpieces. “And I’ll have you know cracking a state-of-the-art firewall without setting off any alarms or leaving behind any evidence that it was even hacked is waaay harder than just sneaking in and snatching some little girl. We could trade places if you want... but somehow I doubt you’d be able to do it... any... faster... than... HAH! Got it! I’m in!” he said triumphantly, the sound of rapid-fire keystrokes coming through the receiver. “Okay. I’m in the system. I can give you exactly five minutes. Give me the signal, and I’ll start the countdown.”

“Got it. Just be sure,” Toshi said with an edge. “Once we make our move, we’ll be radio silent until we reach the van. Aborting is not an option... and neither is failure.” His eyes narrowed. “I don’t need to say aloud what we’re all thinking. Oyabun has become angry at our lack of success. This is our LAST chance at this. And we all know what awaits us if we fail.” The others responded in silence. “Okay,” he said, checking his watch again. “Let’s do this. On my mark... three... two... one... MARK!”

With that, the two black-clad ninja leaped from their vantage spot in the nearby tree, landing deftly on the sidewalk just outside the Albinn’s yard. Shedding their gear, they sprinted quickly across the lawn, making their wait to the side of the house, just underneath the target’s bedroom window. Megumi adjusted her modified tiger claws as she sprinted, leaping just as Toshi cradled his hands, boosting her up. Digging lightly into the brickwork, she scrambled up to the window, carefully pried it open with her claws, and was inside the room in less than thirty seconds.

Quickly scanning the room, she spied the target, wrapped up neatly underneath her blanket. Approaching quietly but quickly, she withdrew the small aerosol bottle from her yoroi, intending to spray it into the young girl’s face to keep her asleep. She gasped in surprise, however, as the figure suddenly sat up, grinning wickedly, reaching out to grab her by the wrist. “Nice try,” Ghost Girl said, taking the bottle from her hand, “but I’m afraid our princess is in another castle.”

“GAH! Doke!” she yelled, struggling to pull out of Rose’s grasp. “Let me go, bitch—aaaahhh!” she yelped as she found herself phased partially through the bed and floor, her feet and ankles sunk underneath the floorboards. Rose grinned.

“Are you SURE you want me to let you go?” she asked. “I release my grip and you go back in phase with several inches of wood and steel through your legs and part of your torso. Not a pleasant feeling...”

Megumi glared at her captor, knowing herself bested. “Kutabare,” she muttered, spitting at Rose’s feet. The dark-haired heroine’s eyes narrowed.

“You first,” Rose grunted, laying her out cold with a brutal punch to the chin. Lifting her back up, she deposited the would-be kidnapper’s limp form on the bed, then, making herself invisible, she phased downstairs to where the second ninja was waiting. Staring up at the open window, scowling, the male ninja never heard her approach, though he did whirl around at the last moment just as Rose raised the aerosol spray she’d taken from his female counterpart. “Nighty-night, dipshit,” she said as she spritzed him, watching in satisfaction as he crumpled to the ground, unconscious.

Across the street, Sasuke Sota cringed, shaking his head from his vantage point. Damn... not sure what just happened, but Toshi collapsing in the middle of the yard that way can’t be a good thing. I should totally bail... er, retreat and reconsider my options. Yeah... that. Retreat and reconsider my options... he thought to himself, moving up to the driver’s seat up front. Turning the ignition, he prepared to drive off quickly, peeling out of the neighborhood as fast as his wheels would carry him. Except...

The van wouldn’t start.

“Gah... come on, come on, come on,” he muttered, pumping the gas, twisting the key, again and again, glancing out the windshield towards the yard. His eyes widened as a young dark-haired woman in a gray hooded cloak suddenly appeared next to Toshi, materializing out of thin air like a ghost. “Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit,” he groaned, kicking the steering column now, cranking the non-responsive ignition like a man possessed, counting the seconds before the female apparition decided to come after him.

“Car trouble?”

He jerked in surprise at the voice of the young blonde woman standing beside the van’s driver’s door. He noted grimly the navy blue leotard with the white arcing streaks running down the chest and sides. “Looks like your battery is dead,” Chloe said cheerfully, holding up a hand with tiny arcs of electricity running from fingertip to fingertip. “Maybe you just need a jumpstart.”

Sasuke let out a scream of terror as the blond let loose with a wave of electrical energy, basically frying the engine and blackening the entire front of the van. Leaping out of the driver’s seat, he kicked open the rear doors, shooting out the back... just in time to take a hard right cross to the chin, sending him down to the pavement. Groaning, he glanced up at the blonde who’d just decked him as the brunette made her way over.

“Is he the last one?” the brunette asked.

“Yes. Sasuke Soto,” the blonde replied, ignoring his look of surprise. “Which means the two you bagged are Toshi Akamine and Megumi Fukuhara.” She grinned, glancing down at the young Japanese hacker. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but your technique isn’t really as good as you think. I could sense you trying to hack into our security system for the past hour or so. I was actually getting a little bored, waiting for you to stop dinking around and actually make a move so I could disable the alarms!”

“You... disabled the alarms yourself?” he said, disbelieving. “How? Why?”

“My partner Discharge can see and feel electricity,” Ghost Girl replied with a smirk, “including the foreign electronic trail of you attempting to override the alarm. It was easy enough for her to reroute and reconfigure the system on the fly without triggering the alarm while sending your system a false signal telling you that it was all clear.”

“As to the ‘why’,” Chloe continued, “that part should be obvious enough. We wanted to draw you and your two partners out into the open, so we could take you all out without any bloodshed or violence... er, well, besides the occasional punch in the face, that is.”

“All of which was accomplished easily enough,” Parker Albinn said, walking over carrying the two unconscious ninja. “And without any damage to my front lawn, this time,” he mumbled softly, causing the other two women to giggle. Sasuke sighed, hanging his head.

“So... now what?” he asked softly. “Rough us up some more? Turn us over to the police? Doesn’t matter. We won’t talk... and nothing you can do to us would be worse than what we’re already facing for having failed.”

“You don’t have to talk,” Discharge replied, crossing her arms at her chest. “I know your names, Sasuke, because I broke into your communications and channeled your signal into my own comm unit. I heard everything you were talking about during your stakeout, and I’m well aware of who sent you and why.”

“Not that it matters, anyway,” Parker said, depositing the two ninja next to their friend. “We’re letting you go. It would actually complicate matters if you three ended up behind bars. To be frank, we WANT you to report back to Oyabun.” His smirk turned wicked. “However, you’re going to be reporting a somewhat edited version of what happened here tonight.” He glanced to Chloe and Rose, both of whom stood back. «Now then,» he said, focusing his voice in the hypnotic subsonic range, focusing on the stunned Sasuke. «This is what you’re going to say...»