The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Note: This is fiction and stuff. Address comments to .

Tags: mf, fd, hyp

The Girl from Ipanema

[Chapter 5: workarounds]

“Why are do you get so fixated on stress from work? Why do you think you’re such a workaholic?”

Susie’s probing questions came over coffee, which she had brought when coming by unannounced the following morning.

“I dunno,” Jared replied, hesitantly. “It’s like, I love what I do, even if it takes a toll. And I’m good at it. It’s just, my self-esteem kind of gets wrapped up in it too.”

“So when there’s a challenge you have to face in your work, it’s kind of personal?”

“Yeah...”

He paused.

“But the flipside,” he went on, “is that when I do get something big done, it feels really satisfying. There’s like a rush, a high, almost, of feeling awesome.”

“It sounds kind of like a drug,” Susie mused.

“I guess it is, in a way. Like an addiction. It’s not always the best thing, but I can’t just quit—I couldn’t bear to not do this kind of stuff.”

“What if you could shift that addiction to something else instead?” she asked.

“I don’t follow.”

“Like, if you felt that some addiction or attachment to something much easier to get, so that you wouldn’t have to go through so much angst to get those nice positive feelings at the end.”

“Yeah, that sounds like it would be easier. It doesn’t seem very doable, though.”

“Well, I have an idea. Will you let me help you?”

“How?” The tone in Jared’s voice was decidedly perplexed.

“With more hypnosis.”

“What do you have in mind?”

“Well, remember the first time I hypnotized you? And how we took the idea of letting go of all your stress and tension and anchored it to the word ‘Ipanema’?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“And that anchoring seems to have worked really well: the suggestion has been really helpful, and so your mind has kept it around.”

“Right.”

“So, what I’m thinking is we can take that feeling of euphoria you associate with your work, and we’ll anchor that to something else. And then your subconscious mind will learn to dissociate the intense highs from the lows that come before them.”

“Okay...?”

“And then your mind will get used to experiencing the highs without the lows. And then you can learn to work productively without feeling so stressed. What do you think?”

“Um...yeah, I guess it makes sense. Let’s do it, go ahead.”

“Hold on, Jared, it’s not quite that simple. It’s not about changing what you think. We’re going to change how you think, to get your mind trained on a new rhythm that works better than the old ruts it’s used to falling into. That kind of change isn’t something we can just do in a few minutes on one afternoon. It’s going to take some time, and some commitment. We can start on it today if you want, but we’re probably going to have to reinforce the suggestions regularly for a while before they really stick. It’s going to mean regular sessions, like at least once a week, for a few weeks.“

“It’s okay, I understand. I’m willing to put in the work.”

“Good. I’m really glad to hear that!” Susie responded, enthusiastically.

“So when can we start?” he asked.

“Are you going to be around later, like maybe this afternoon?”

“Um, sure, just let me know when. I wasn’t planning to do much today. A little bit of work, if I can manage to focus long enough to get started.”

“Okay, well, I’ve gotta go meet my friend Jessie to play tennis, but I’m free after that. Should I just come by when I’m done?”

“Yeah, that sounds good.”

* * *

Jared spent the next few hours dicking around: a bit of time spent playing video games, some browsing the web, some TV. Interspersed with all of it was a recurrent low-level fretting about his work: worrying that he had forgotten something important in the last project he submitted, and wondering how he was going to manage other long-term deadlines that he thought might be on the horizon. When Susie finally materialized at the door, it was a distinct relief. He was so sick of feeling stressed and helpless about it; he wanted to do something—anything. Even if he didn’t really buy into this hypnosis stuff all the way, it was at least something. And the basic notion of programming the human mind didn’t seem that implausible. He eagerly buzzed Susie in, and waited for her to make her way up the stairs to his apartment. She arrived a few moments later, looking fresh from the gym: clothes sticky with perspiration and clinging tightly to her skin. She plunked her workout bag on the floor beside the couch, then she pulled a chair over, and sat down, leaving Jared on the couch while she started to fill him on on the details of what she had planned.

“What we’re going to do,” she said, “is condition your mind to experience the satisfaction of finishing a big project, without having to go through the intense stress of working on a deadline.”

“How do we do that?”

“I’m glad you asked.” She smiled confidently. “We start by inducing those good, enjoyable, feelings of relief and contentment and satisfaction and accomplishment, and then we anchor them to another stimulus. Basically, we cause your mind to feel really really good in that same way, and then connect that feeling to some stimulus that I can apply, that’s separate from your work.”

“Okay,” he said tentatively, nodding along with her explanation.

“And then over the next few weeks, we get your mind to practice feeling that way, feeling that good, whenever I apply that stimulus. And by conditioning your mind in this way, we get it to dissociate the good feelings from the suffering that comes from working at the last minute.”

Uh...okay,” Jared replied, unsure what more to say. He was honestly feeling slightly apprehensive, but more than willing to give it a go—whatever the ‘it’ was.

“Okay, before we start, I just want you to get as relaxed as you possibly can, because it’s going to make it so much easier as we go along. Can you do that for me?”

“Yeah,” he nodded, leaning back against the cushions of the couch.

“Ipanema,” he muttered, almost under his breath.

Susie smiled.

“That’s right, relax and visit Ipanema, if it helps,” she encouraged. “Close your eyes and take a moment to just drift. Let all the tension in your mind collect, so you can release it before we even start. Because that’s going to help you go nice and deep into trance, so that what we do today will go really well. So just drift for a moment, and whenever you’re ready, you can get up and go let go of all that tension that’s collecting right now.”

Jared’s mind drifted. It drifted to the image of Susie’s glistening legs. He had never noticed before how nice they actually were. Thinking about them certainly wasn’t doing anything to slow his quickening erection. He didn’t want to think of her as a sex object, that wasn’t their relationship. But getting hard right now wasn’t about sex, or lust. It was about releasing tension, about relaxing. And if thinking about her legs in those short shorts was going to help him relax, he was sure Susie would tell him it was fine to do. As his cock started to throb a little more insistently, Jared’s eyes fluttered open.

“Are you ready to let go, and relax?” Susie asked softly, her clear blue eyes almost seeming to sparkle as they waited for his gaze to meet them.

He hesitated, then nodded groggily.

“You seem like you’re holding back, Jared. Is it because you want to go take a moment to deal with that erection?”

Another nod, this time with no hesitation.

“Good. And you can do that really easily, while keeping your mind in this same deeply relaxed state. Isn’t that right?”

Jared nodded again, then excused himself to the bathroom, and came almost immediately. He washed his hands and returned to the couch, trying not to let go of the sleepy, fuzzy, fog around his mind. When he came back out of the bathroom, he found Susie had shed her top, and was sitting in the chair next to the couch in just her sports bra, taking off her sneakers, then her socks.

“Sorry,” she said. “I hope you don’t mind, I was just really hot.”

“Yeah, no...uh, it’s fine. I mean, my eyes are going to be closed, right? It’s not like I’ll really notice.”

“Exactly. And even if your eyes stay open, or flutter a little, your mind is still going to be so far away that it won’t make any difference. But if it makes you uncomfortable to think about it, I can—”

“Nono, it’s fine. Whatever makes you comfortable.”

“Good. Now let’s focus on getting you comfortable.”

Susie gently patted the sofa beside her, where she had placed the pillow from his bed. He took her cue and lay down.

“So how does this work?” he asked, a little nervously.

“Well, remember the first time I hypnotized you?”

“Of course. Your necklace.”

“I thought we could do it kind of like that. I mean, you felt really relaxed that time, didn’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“So then I’d say you responded pretty well. And I think knowing that is going to make it easier to feel yourself responding to my necklace. To this necklace, in fact.”

Seemingly out of nowhere, Susie produced the necklace in question, dangling the crystal just in Jared’s line of sight. There was really nothing very special about the clouded crystal at the end of the cord. But the cute buy she had bought it from as a teenager had been right—it did match her eyes. As she continued her steady patter in her best soothing hypnotic voice, she wondered if she could have hypnotized the cute boy in the mineral shop. Maybe, if he thought she was cute, he would have been willing to play along, to let her try. And if he played along, she might have been able to patter along in just the right tone of voice until, without realizing it, he slipped into a trance more real than he realized.

Susie noticed she, too, was staring at the crystal, and rambling about feeling good and open and relaxed. Almost predictably, she had slipped into a light trance herself as she guided Jared deeper. She suggested his eyes become too heavy to keep open, in order to give her arm a reprieve from swinging the crystal. Soon, it was time to get to work.

“Okay Jared, we’re just going to do a few little exercises now, to help you go even deeper into trance. Just some easy, simple, exercises that will help your mind be more open, so that you can accept the suggestions I give you more easily, and so that they can help you by affecting you more effectively.

“First, just let this arm, the one I’m touching now, go totally limp. Imagine that word, ‘limp’, just filtering into your mind and turning this arm so loose and floppy that it’s like a wet towel, and it just goes completely and totally limp. Good, just like that. Excellent, good job.”

Jared’s arm allowed itself to remain limp, even as Susie lifted it off the cushion it was resting on. A wave of relaxation reverberated through his body as she shook it gently, watching it sag.

“And now imagine what it would feel like if I were to tie a hundred big, bright, red, helium balloons on a string around your wrist, around this wrist right here. I’ll tie them on in batches of ten, like this.”

Susie traced her finger around Jared’s wrist, and he could almost see the balloons, almost feel the string as she wound it around him.

“Good, and you feel your arm getting a little bit lighter already, from those ten balloons. And you can tell already that by the time I get all hundred balloons on, your arm is going to be pulled high into the air. You know because you can tell from how much lighter it feels right now, as I tie another ten balloons on. Good, good job.”

Nine more circles around Jared’s wrist, and Susie let go of his arm. To her satisfaction, it swiftly floated up higher and higher until it was pointing straight into the air, almost straining at his shoulder.

At her suggestion, he felt the string snap, and his arm flopped down to the cushion beside him, bouncing slightly, as the repercussion took him a hundred times deeper into trance. Susie gently caught it with her leg as it threatened to tumble off and onto the floor. Easing Jared deeper, she placed it more securely at his side, suggesting that her voice could help him feel securely stuck to the surface beneath him.

Jared spent the first half of the next hour drifting even deeper into hypnosis, floating on Susie’s gentle words. The second half of that hour, he spent learning to realize how much he appreciated the feelings of absolute relaxation, calm, and bliss that came with being in trance. By the end of the hour, his mind was wonderfully blank and empty, and eagerly accepting Susie’s suggestions that he enjoy being hypnotized, and that being in trance left him feeling utterly fulfilled in every way he could imagine. As he lay there, helpless and unaware of anything but the sound of her voice and the way it was making him feel, a smile formed on his lips. Susie felt rather pleased with herself. Clearly, what she was doing was working as intended.

* * *

“How did that feel?” Susie asked as Jared’s eyes drifted open.

“Good. Intense. Focused.” Jared rubbed his groggy eyes as he fumbled for words. “Deep,” he added at last.

“And how do you feel now?”

“Also good. And also focused.”

He paused for a moment, staring off into space.

“I don’t really remember much of what happened,” he said, sounding perplexed.

“I know,” she answered simply.

“You do?”

“Yeah. I thought if you consciously remembered everything I said, you might start overthinking things. So I suggested that you let the memory go. It’s still there, but just in your unconscious mind where it needs to me. So it’s okay that it’s kind of fuzzy and unclear. It means its working.”

“Oh. Okay.”

He accepted it as factual without any further hesitation or reluctance. Susie smiled at him, and he felt good.

* * *

Jared dreamed of Susie again that night—this time, even though he hadn’t used the Ipanema trigger to help himself drift off. Her face came to him, especially her eyes, and yet even though he felt like he was staring into them, somehow he could also see her necklace swing back and forth at the same time. Her voice was unbuckling his belt, undoing his pants, and freeing his trapped erection. And the sound of her voice brought her fingers around his shaft. ‘Limp’, she coaxed softly, and he lost all control of his arms, his body becoming too heavy to move. He lay helpless as her fingers and words stroked his cock and his mind, bringing more and more pleasure with each caress.

“Tell me what you’re holding back, Jared.”

“I want to come for you,” he blurted out.

“Good boy.”

At the snap of Susie’s fingers, another woman appeared. She was riding Jared’s erect cock. He couldn’t see her face—just her breasts bouncing above him as his head lay in Susie’s lap, resting on her legs, cradled in her hands as her words penetrated his mind.

The orgasm woke him up. He lay there in the dark for a few minutes, feeling peculiarly satisfied yet bewildered. It was quite unlike his usual insomnia: not a hint of worry troubled him, and he was soon able to drift back to sleep. He awoke feeling extremely well-rested, and had a happy and productive day.

* * *

Jared saw Susie online the following evening, and greeted her on instant message. They chatted a bit, then she asked him how he was feeling.

Jared:

”I have to say, I feel really...well, really under control.”

Susie:

”Good!”

Jared fidgeted in his chair. He wanted to tell her about the dream, about what she had done with him. He hesitated, for fear that she might take it the wrong way. But he had to, he couldn’t keep it in.

Jared:

”So, I had a dream about you last night.”

Susie:

”Oh jeez. Is this going where I think it is?”

Jared:

”Where’s that?”

Susie:

“Don’t tell me you had a sex dream about me already.”

Jared’s heart pounded in his chest. It was like she was reading his thoughts.

Jared:

”Um....”

Susie:

”You did, didn’t you?”

Jared:

”Maybe.”

Susie:

”Okay, look, I was kind of afraid this might happen. It’s apparently a pretty common thing between hypno-therapists and their patients.”

Jared:

”For real?”

Susie:

“Yeah. Like, somehow feelings of vulnerability get confused for feelings of intimacy. It’s totally a thing.”

Jared:

”Huh.”

Susie:

“Yeah. Remember how I told you I used to sit in on my mom’s hypnotherapy sessions when I was a kid? She totally had racy dreams about the hypnotist. Hell, I even did too once, and I wasn’t even in puberty yet.”

Jared:

”I see.”

Susie:

”So if you find yourself having sexy dreams about me, it’s nothing to worry about.”

Jared:

”That’s good, because I did.”

Susie:

”Thank you captain subtlety. Just don’t confuse a random erotic dream here or there for a actual romantic interest, okay? We’re old friends and I treasure our friendship, and it would totally suck to mess it up with passing confusion mistaken for falling in love or some nonsense like that.”

Jared:

”Noted.”

Susie:

”:)”

Susie:

”Good.”

Susie:

”Were you worried that that might happen?”

Jared:

”Honestly?”

Susie:

”Yeah, honestly, of course.”

Jared:

”I was.”

Susie:

”Don’t be. Ok?”

Jared:

”Ok.”

Susie:

”I mean it. Let go of that thought right now.”

Jared:

“I’ll try my best :)”

Susie:

”You don’t need to try. Just let it happen. Let it go.”

Susie:

“Ipanema”

—Susie has left the conversation—

Jared stared at the blinking messenger window, not sure what to do. But his mind was quickly made up for him as his cock continued to swell and stiffen, soon straining against his pants. His hand was fondling it through the fabric absently, and before he even noticed, he realized he was about to come. He made for the bathroom to take care of it.

[end of chapter 5]