The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Incubus

By Jennifer Kohl

Chapter Twelve

Lisa’s brown curls bounced as she struggled in the strange man’s grip, but her heart wasn’t in it. Everything about him exuded attraction, to the point that it was hard to think. His body, his voice, even his smell seemed to seep into her senses and spread along her nervous system, hollowing her out, making it harder to think about anything except being filled.

She twisted to face Stephanie. Her best friend’s eyes and smile were blank, and part of Lisa knew that was about to be her fate as well. But it was so hard to care, so hard to silence the parts of herself that were begging for more. “Do it,” she told the man, and as he filled her with ecstasy that dissolved every part of her, starting with the most resistant, she knew it had been worth it.

* * *

Christina shifted uncomfortably on Mary’s family’s couch. “I don’t—you wouldn’t believe me.”

“You’d be surprised,” said the social worker. She’d told Christina to call her Gwen, and that she was from Child Protective Services. But she was also young and pretty, maybe twenty-five, with long dark-red hair and bright blue eyes and soft curves, and Christina couldn’t stop imagining her with the same empty smile and dead eyes as her mother.

Christina took a deep breath. “I—there’s a man, at my house. He, he...” She hesitated. “He’s dangerous! You have to promise me you’ll stay away.”

“I have certain responsibilities,” Gwen said. “I may need to visit your house, meet your mother and this man. Is he related to you? Stepfather? Mother’s boyfriend?”

“No, he’s too—” Christina stopped, caught off guard by “mother’s boyfriend.” Her eyes filled with tears. Don’t you dare cry, she told herself. But she felt so tired. Running away from Karnath had taken everything she had, and she didn’t have anything left. “He and my mother,” she said with a nod, finally. “Some—some girls from my school.“

Gwen’s eyes widened at that.

“And he tried,” Christina pressed on. “He tried... with me.” She knew what Gwen was thinking, knew this would probably send her straight into Karnath’s arms, but she just couldn’t think of a convincing lie, and it was so hard to keep things bottled in. She knew she had a strong will, that she could be very stubborn and very determined both, but right now that was just... gone.

“Okay,” said Gwen. “This is a delicate question, but... did he force you or any of the other girls, to your knowledge? Are any of them minors?”

Christina shook her head. “They’re all seniors and it’s late in the year, I don’t think anybody’s still seventeen.” It was easier to just answer her questions, give facts, stay away from feelings or memories or what might happen. “And he didn’t—I don’t think he forced anyone to do anything. That’s what’s so dangerous. He doesn’t... doesn’t need force.”

Gwen tapped her pen on her notebook, studying Christina. Nothing obviously criminal, then, she thought. “Can you give me the names of some of the other girls? They won’t know I’ve been talking to you.

Christina shook her head. “They won’t do anything against him. They can’t.”

“Why not?” Gwen asked, alert for another possible avenue to charges. “Has he threatened them?”

Christina shook her head. “He doesn’t need to. He—I told you, you won’t believe me!”

“Try me,” Gwen said.

Christina looked to the side. “He... he controls them. They’ll do anything he wants.”

“Ah,” said Gwen. Cult? She wrote the word down in her notebook, including the question mark. “What’s his name?“

“Karnath,” said Christina, and blushed. She wasn’t sure why. Embarrassment at saying such a strange name? A flush as she remembered him, his touch? Her feelings felt like they were behind a curtain; she could tell they were there, but not what they were.

Gwen crossed out the question mark and underlined the word Cult. “So, seeing as you are legally an adult, and everyone else involved is an adult, there’s not much I can do. On the other hand, there’s not much they can do either. If Serena is willing to continue putting you up, you can stay here, or I can give you resources on homeless shelters and halfway houses in the area.“

“So you won’t—you’ll stay away?” Christina asked, feeling a desperate stab of hope, almost painful.

“I’ll talk to some contacts with more appropriate jurisdictions,” she said. “But CPS deals with situations involving children, and there aren’t any here. It doesn’t sound like there’s any overtly criminal activity going on, either. I’m sorry.”

But as she got up to leave, Gwen was already resolving to at least go by the place on her off hours.

* * *

“You’re late,” Lauren said grumpily.

Lisa smiled in response. “I got caught up in something.” She dropped her bag on Lauren’s floor. “Did you already get started?”

“How could I?” asked Lauren. “I can’t practice dialogues alone.” Karnath studied her through Lisa’s innocent brown eyes. Lauren’s appearance was unremarkable. Blue-eyed, lightly tanned, tall and relatively thick-waisted, but not actually fat. Small breasts, but full hips that made her waist and thighs look narrower than they were. Two things stood out: first, the wealth of hair that hung straight and thick to her hips, a rich, deep brown in color, and second, her low voice with a slight hint of roughness to it, a texture like black velvet. More importantly, his powers had grown enough to be able to use his full array of senses through one of his soulless drones, and he could taste what Lisa had never noticed: Lauren’s intense lust for her friend.

Lisa sat next to Lauren on her bed, just a bit too close, her bare knee a mere millimeter from Lauren’s own. “Right,” said Lisa. “We need each other.” She put the slightest emphasis on the word need.

“Uh,” said Lauren, momentarily flustered. “I, uh.”

“Shh,” said Lisa, putting her finger to Lauren’s lips. “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

Lauren pulled away as if burned. Karnath could not usually sense hope—that belonged to a different class of demon, the House of Pandora, whom he found frankly terrifying—but the hope that an lust thought impossible might actually be achievable after all? That he could feel, and he felt a surge of it from Lauren.

“What—Lisa, what are you doing?” Lauren asked.

“What you’ve wanted me to do for a long time,” said Lisa, half-rolling over so that she could wriggle up the bed to Lauren’s new position. “I can’t believe I never saw it until now.”

“Are—are you saying that you... you want...?”

Lisa just smiled in reply and leaned in for a kiss. Lauren melted up into it. Only their lips touched, but she could feel the heat of Lisa’s body down her entire side, so tantalizingly close...

But Lisa pulled away after only a second. “Not here,” she said.

“What?” Lauren asked, confused, still dazed by the suddenness of the kiss. “What’s wrong with here?”

Lisa smiled. “There’s a place for us girls,” she said. “A house that’s... friendly.”

“Wait,” said Lauren. “I’m not—I’m not a—”

Before she could stammer her way through the sentence, Lisa leaned in for another kiss. This one was deeper, longer, hotter, and Lauren could feel her brain sizzling as it fried.

“You were saying?” asked Lisa with an impish smile.

“Um,” said Lauren, her voice even huskier than usual. “Where, uh... where did you want to go..?”

Lisa smiled and took her hand. “I’ll show you.”

* * *

“Ugh!” Bridget groaned. “I can’t make sense of any of this!”

“No, it’s simple, really,” said Rajit. “All you have to do is—”

“You can’t do it either, I’ve seen you try!” Bridget snapped.

“Come on, guys,” said Mary. “Fighting each other isn’t going to help.”

Christina barely registered their conversation. She was focused intently on the space above her hand. A light sparked and fizzed there, coming together and falling apart.

“See?” asked Bridget. “How do you do that, Christina?“

“I told you,” said Raj. “It’s a matter of balancing the essential forces to—”

“I know,” said Bridget. “But it doesn’t work when I do it.“

Christina let out her breath in a gasp and dropped her hand, her whole body going limp. “I can barely do it,” she said. “I should be forming that light into a ward against demonic powers, but I can barely get it to form. It just... it feels like something’s missing. In me.”

Rajit sighed. “That’s because, in a sense, something is.”

“What?” asked Christina, her voice flat.

“You... you told us what happened with Kar—with him.“

“Yeah,” said Mary. “She got away?”

Rajit adjusted his glasses. “No, you, uh... you didn’t. Not completely. You... how do I put this? People have different amounts of...” He waved his hands. “...of soulstuff. Magic’s easier for people who have a lot of it, people like you, Christina. That’s why you were able to summon Kar—summon a demon in the first place. But everything he’s done to you... he’s been chipping away at your soul, carving off bits for himself as he worms his way in... and the other night he took a big piece.“

“I...” Christina stumbled. “I don’t have my whole soul?“

“You don’t,” said Rajit. “But that’s not uncommon. People are losing bits of their souls all the time—to heartbreak, trauma, despair. And their souls grow back as they recover.”

“So I’ll... I’ll get better?”

Rajit nodded. “I believe so.” But Christina didn’t miss his worried expression.

* * *

Lauren started to have doubts when she saw the stairs down. “It’s in a basement?”

“For privacy!” Lisa assured her.

“How did you even find out about this place?”

“Oh, Stephanie brought me,” Lisa explained.

Lauren stopped in her tracks halfway down the stairs. “You—you and Stephanie? But... I thought...”

“Shh,” Lisa told her, pulling her into a hug, made a bit awkward by the stairs. “She introduced me. But you’re the one I want. That’s why I brought you here!”

Lauren allowed herself to be led down the stairs. As they neared the bottom, she looked around, but it looked like an ordinary basement. For a moment, she thought this might be some kind of elaborate prank, and nearly panicked. But Lisa’s my friend. She wouldn’t do that to me. And then she remembered Lisa’s eager mouth on her own, Lisa’s questing, insistent tongue. She couldn’t have faked that.

But it was still weird to be led across the empty room into a corner, and she still felt nervous. There was something in the air that made her skin crawl, something almost malevolent. But she was also very aware of Lisa’s hand in hers, her slender body, the sway of her hips as she walked.

Invisibly, incorporeally, Karnath smiled as he slowly fed Lauren’s lust. She was almost within his circle, and there’d be no escape for her then.

Lisa stopped, suddenly, and Lauren started. Then they both giggled. “Nervous?” asked Lisa, turning so that they were face to face. “There’s no need to be.” She laid a hand on each side of Lauren’s hips and then pulled her sharply inward, so they were touching from hip to chest. Lauren felt Lisa’s breasts flattening against her own and groaned. She couldn’t know the lust she already felt was being fed, amplified, used against her. She only knew how badly she wanted Lisa in this moment.

“Please,” she whimpered, but Lisa spun away.

“Don’t worry,” Lisa said. “He’ll take care of you, just like me.”

And then Lauren felt another pair of hands on her hips. She was whirled around, face-to-face with a man she’d never seen before (outside my dreams the part of her brain swimming in lust reminded her), but before she could scream his mouth covered hers.

And it was so, so much better than kissing Lisa.

* * *