The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

(mf, fd, md, mc)

Synopsis: Six friends get together for their quarterly reunion. When one of them claims to have become a master hypnotist, things take a turn for the unexpected.

The Kissing Factor

(by S.B.)

3 — Sabayón

Kabir’s eyes darted nervously from left to right. They had only been gone for five minutes and yet it was if hours had passed already. While waiting, he had already ordered another root beer, drank it all up and was now going for one more. The bitter aftertaste made his lips tremble.

“You really need to stop drinking, dude!” Gloria finally came through snatching the new bottle from his unstable hands.

“I’m not one of your students you can lecture around, G.” He responded. If there was something the periodic table was missing was a proper element using G and G alone. Gadolinium (Gd), Gallium (Ga) and Germanium (Ge) didn’t cut it. Glorium was where it’s at, yet the Chemistry teacher hated the pun ever since her last birthday when it was first coined.

“Perhaps it’s time you become one then and if you use that silly name again, I swear...”

“Relax, I’m just joking. Why are they taking so long?”

“Because you scared them off with your hypnotic games, that’s why!” Belinda rolled her eyes, smartphone being kept busy.

“If you really dislike the idea so much why are you still looking at pictures of my former crush?”

“Because whether I like hypnosis or not, she’s still hot.”

“Look, they’re coming back.” Gloria noted.

“It’s about time!”

The three girls returned to their seats, each in a different state of mind. Natasha was still enjoying the days of her millionaire persona, adding new constructs to her already complicated imagination with each breath; while still a bit suspicious, Denise was keen on seeing things through as a wing-man at least and Paula... well, she was actually eager to get the ball rolling.

“Have you reached a decision yet?” Kabir asked, fiddling with a dessert silver spoon.

“Yes.” Paula smiled. “I’ll be your subject if you promise to go gently, agreed?”

“But of course! Don’t worry. I’ll try to make it as enjoyable as possible. You just need to relax and trust me as we go along, okay? Are you ready?”

“Wait... you want to do it right now?”

“Yeah, don’t you?”

“I thought you were at least going to wait until we had dinner. I’m starving!”

“I second that.” Denise slapped the table. “Food first, mind games later. And if you could snap Natasha out of it in the meantime, that would be great, too.”

“You’re not going to chicken out on me once your stomach is full, right?” Kabir wondered.

“I promise I’m all yours once I’ve had my fill. Take it or leave it.”

“I’ll take it. Alana, deactivate.”

Natasha’s dreamy daze collapsed under the weight of the embedded trigger, memories falling back in place to suit the need at hand. She hadn’t always been so quick to adjust to the switch between trance and non-trance states but the constant repetition not only cemented her dual existence but also made it more enjoyable each time. The moment the hypnotic veil dissipated once again, her stomach grumbled too.

“Why aren’t we eating yet?”

“Excellent question.” Belinda replied. “Pass me the menu, will you?”

“Not until I pick first. Paula, what’s your mother specialty again?”

“You can never go wrong with the Fugazza, Nat. Especially if you top it with some caramelized onions.”

Natasha examined the menu carefully, the combination of ingredients listed there watering her sultry lips. “Hmmm, yes. I think I’ll go with that. Too big though. Shall we share?” She looked at her boyfriend.

“Sure, dear. Anything you say.” Unless you’re entranced, of course, he thought.

“I’m game, too.” Denise smiled. “Who wants to split one with me?”

“Not me.” Paula replied.

“Why not?”

“Because it’s so good I’ll have one just to myself.”

The friendly banter continued for a while until everyone settled on their favorite dish. Amid Fugazza heaven, the odd one was Gloria who opted for an ensalada de zanahoria y huevo. When asked by the other girls if she was on a diet again, she simply replied.

“No, but not in the mood for all that cheese... ugh!”

“Your loss but I’ll make sure your plate is full. I don’t you to starve in my Mom’s restaurant.” Paula replied.

Less than fifteen minutes later, they were all eating and laughing, so deeply entertained that the strange hypnotic happenings from before almost slipped their minds. Almost because Kabir remained as excited as ever about it, taking large bites at a time to get ready for the show. A swirl of ideas rushed in. What kind of induction would he try out? Would he use some sort of focus or simply try to wrap her in his words? Nested stories were some of his favorite things but would she react properly to them? The more he considered the many opportunities at hand the more doubts he had, yet they all seemed to fade away every time he got back to the spoon resting in front of his plate.

“That could work...” he mumbled.

“Did you say something?” Natasha leaned against his right shoulder like a kitten in need of love.

“It’s nothing. How are you liking the food?”

“It’s great.” She said between bites. “Though I probably should have asked one for myself just like Paula.”

“I told you.” Her friend retorted. “Want to share the next one?”

“You’re having seconds?”

“Of course. Not everyone can live off just carrots and eggs...” She chuckled.

“Hey, these are the best carrots and eggs I’ve had in a while, okay?” Gloria grumbled.

Kabir picked up the spoon again and hit his glass with it. Plain mineral water had replaced the root beer after Gloria’s professorial lecture. Despite his initial complaints, it was for a good cause. He needed to be somewhat sober to not choke on his words, too.

“I’ve already been waiting for too long, Paula.”

“You’ll keep on waiting until dessert, Kabir. Hey, Mom, another Fugazza, please?”

Another eternity later, a tantalizing plate of dark-chocolate coated Alfajores hit the center of the table and not even salad girl could resist the sweet cornstarch biscuits joined together with dulce de leche. Her stomach was sure to resent that the following day but until then...

“These are delicious!”

“Are you sure you don’t want more carrots instead?” Belinda teased her.

“Oh, fuck off!”

When the last crumb dripped from her half-open mouth, Kabir sighed. It had been a long time coming, but a promise was a promise. By this time, most of the other customers had already cleared out with only two remaining survivors tucked away in the distance, making eternal love promises to one another.

“Are you ready, Paula?”

“As ready as I can ever be, I suppose.” She wiped her mouth with a silky, embroidered napkin. “How are we doing this? No ‘You’re getting sleepy, very sleepy...’ I hope.”

“I don’t do cliches, dear. I was wondering what you think of this...” He held the spoon at her eye-level. The yellow light from the lamp above their heads reflected on the surface around the bowl.

“I think it’s a spoon, Kabir.”

“You’re right. It’s a spoon. A simple and perfectly ordinary dessert spoon. You didn’t use one today, but you did many times in the past, many of them here. You love your mother’s food, don’t you? And looking at the number of cookies you had just now, you love her desserts, too. Can you imagine the last time you had one in which you used a spoon like this? Do you remember what you ate?”

“And if I do?”

“Tell me. What did you eat?”

“A sabayón helado.”

“And when did you eat it?”

“Last week.”

“I’ve never had sabayón before. What does it taste like?”

“It tastes divine, Kabir. Shall I order some for you?”

“Not right now.” He gently twirled the spoon causing the light to bounce off her eyes. “Can you tell me the ingredients?”

“Milk, eggs, sugar, Marsala wine...”

“Is this going anywhere?” Belinda muttered.

“Shhh... let him do his thing whatever that thing is...” Gloria covered her mouth.

“Marsala is a sweet wine, isn’t it? I bet sabayón is sweet, too.” Kabir continued.

“Very.” Paula wetted her lips. “Am I supposed to be staring at that spoon?”

“If it helps you focus, please do. If not, just listen to my words for now and return to the spoon when you’re ready. Remember the delicate texture of the helado as the spoon cuts through it... the sweet taste of the wine dripping on your lips... the creamy aftertaste as it slides down your throat... It feels good, doesn’t it? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could feel it again?”

“Yes.”

“Then picture it for me. Imagine that this spoon I’m holding is just waiting for another bowl of ice-cream to come its way. It’s fresh, and your mom made it especially for you. It’s being served in a crystal bowl, one that draws even more light than the spoon itself. Of course, the only way you can tell is if you compare the two, going from the outside to the inside of your mind, the spoon gently moving, the bowl slowly spinning. Yes, it feels strange at first but it is spinning. It’s not a fast spin, it’s not a slow spin. It’s just the right speed to keep you intrigued, wondering what will happen next. Just like you love the helado, you love to wonder about things that are about to happen, seeing them as already completed. You haven’t had the sabayón yet, but it’s almost as if you have because the sensations are all there, flooding your senses. They go from delicate to sweet to creamy and when you think they’re all gone, they rush back in. One bite leads to another, one desire isn’t enough to keep you satisfied. You need more. You crave more, just like you need to keep listening, need to keep staring, need to stay focused on what I’m saying despite the overwhelming rush of delicate, sweet and creamy bliss that’s engulfing your attention. Have another bite, my dear. You know you want to. Take the spoon to your mouth and savor it. Do it for me.”

Unblinking, Paula reached for the cutlery, twirled it between his fingers and licked it.

“Girl, why did you do that for?” Gloria asked.

“I’m not sure but I can’t stop...” she licked the spoon again, the tip of her ravenous tongue savoring the oblong shape as if it were a juicy phallus. “Hmmm, yes... more, I want more! God, yes!”

“Kabir, what the hell is going on?” Denise vociferated, flailing her hands with hellbent intent of hitting someone in the face.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “I didn’t even get to finish the induction.”

“Fuck, this feels so good...” Paula continued, her eyes rolling over, head bobbing back and forth. She rammed the spoon in her throat, twisted it and then spit it out on the table covered in aching drool. Her lips twitched, a savage gleam on her pearly teeth. “Not creamy enough though. I need more... more!”

Everyone was startled when she pushed herself forward to grab Kabir’s right index finger and took it as a flesh Popsicle. Natasha was the most vocal about it, immediately trying to separate her desperate mouth from her boyfriend’s shocked anatomy.

“Hey, what gives? Paula, snap out of it! Kabir, will you do something already?”

“But I honestly didn’t do a thing!” He wiggled his way out of his friend’s ravenous appetite. “This is not...”

“What you hoped? What you imagined? What you saw in your mind’s eye?” Paula laughed. “Don’t tell me things got out of hand... Now give me all that sweetness! I’m fucking hungry.”

“Paula? Paula, listen to me. I don’t know what went wrong but you have to wake up.” He snapped his fingers. “Wake up right now. Please, wake up!”

Paula reached for his hand again, failed. Licking her lips, she threw her long black hair back and…

... started laughing like the most devilish child in the world.

“Oh my God, the look on your faces right now! Especially yours, Kabir! Please tell me someone was filming the whole thing!”

“Shit!” He growled. “You were playing me the whole time.”

“I guess you’re not the hypnosis expert you thought you were...” She grinned. “Don’t look so shocked. You had it coming.”

He leaned against his seat, bushy eyebrows curling upwards. “Why?”

“Because you’ve been sulking from the moment you told us about your hypno-fantasies. What you and Natasha have going on may be consensual and all but it’s still strange. I really don’t want any part in it.”

“Why did you pretend to go along then? Getting my hopes up like that was cruel!”

“I wanted to give you a lesson. You can’t get so riled up when you don’t get what you want, Kabir. You’ll never make it far in life if you do.”

“So this was your true plan all along...” Denise commented. “You could have told me, bitch!”

“Sorry, but your shock made it more authentic.”

“You have some acting skills, I’ll give you that...” Kabir sighed. All the other women applauded her, save for Natasha.

“Thanks.” Paula composed herself. “No hard feelings, I hope, but no more talks about hypnosis when we get together, okay?”

“Fine!” He conceded, his heart aching more than his pride would ever let him admit. Resentment grew like a creeping shadow yet he kept it to himself like he always did. “Well, since this is a bust, I guess I’ll go for that sabayón myself...”

And so the friendly gathering ended not with a bang but with a whimper as T. S. Eliot would say and yet the surprises were far from over.

Later that night, after seeing everyone else goodbye and dropping Natasha off, Kabir returned home, more frustrated than ever. The night had certainly not gone the way he intended and chances were he wouldn’t get to enjoy another opportunity to have some fun with the other girls soon. At least, his girlfriend was loyal, and her imaginary counterpart even more so. Neither of them would betray his trust if he continued to play his cards right. Sex with Alana was always mind-blowing, both literally and figuratively.

With no one else around to nag him, the first thing he did after entering his apartment was getting another beer, slip into proper night attire, and sit down on the sofa to blow off some steam watching a late horror film. The dizzying werewolf fantasy was on for less than two minutes when the doorbell rang.

Opening the front door in his pajamas, Kabir could barely contain his bewilderment when he saw who was standing outside.

“What are you doing here?”