The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Life’s A Beach...

by J. Darksong

ch.4)

I woke up to a familiar sensation, and an unwelcome surprise. As much as it had become a regular thing, unfortunately, I was getting strangely used to waking up completely naked, tied, and bound to a bedframe. And... was it just me, or was everything somehow really exceptional when it came to bondage? I mean... I’d expected ropes or cuffs or the like. Instead, I found my wrists and ankles bound by metal shackles and chains! Seriously... who carries this kind of shit with them, to a hotel at the beach, of all places?!?

“Oh, looks like she’s awake,” Miss Bubbly Airheaded Bimbo stated, to my dismay. Considering that she’d blindsided me with a baseball bat, she was the LAST person I wanted to wake up to. No... scratch that. Second-to-last. As the lovely Tiffany walked over to stand over me, I reminded myself that SHE was the last person I wanted to wake up facing. Growling, I pulled at my restrained, stymied by the fact that these were actually high-quality, reinforced shackles, not mere iron or steel. Worse, they weren’t lashed to the bed but actually secured to the concrete floor. With my enhanced strength, I could eventually break free, but it would take a bit of time and a lot of effort. And of course, my new little companions wouldn’t simply stand by and watch aimlessly while I do so.

“Yes, yes,” Tiffany purred, her sexy voice grating on my nerves by making me debate what I wanted more—to kiss her or to punch her. “She looks lucid enough for us to deal with.” She nodded to Debbie. “Go and bring the helmet,” she said, withdrawing a sealed hypodermic needle mixed with a thick brown liquid from her pocket, “while I get her set up for the procedure.”

Okay. I wasn’t panicked or anything. I certainly wasn’t scared. But... I don’t like needles. Really, I can’t think of anyone who DOES like needles, but if there are, I’m not one of them. As Ms. Bitch approached with that needle, I start pulling against my bonds. Tiffany gasped, eyes widening. “Damn! You’re actually straining the metal,” she exclaimed as the chains began to squeal and shudder from my efforts. “You’re definitely not normal!” Her expression darkened. “Well... let’s see if this helps calm you down.”

“Aaaaaahhh! Fuck!” I hissed, wincing as the needle sank into my flesh. Helpless to stop this, I finally relaxed, lying there, glaring at my captors. “Dammit... you will pay for that, you arrogant little bitch,” I snarled.

Tiffany merely laughed in response. “Yes, yes, dear, I’ll cut you a check,” she quipped, glancing up as Debbie returned with the helmet. “Alright. Now we just need to do some quick adjustments and calibrations, and we’ll be ready.”

I blinked. This was happening way too fast. I needed to try and stall. “H-hey. I just... I just thought of something. You just injected me with that crap you came up with, right? This ’secret formula’ you invented?”

Tiffany paused, nodding with a smirk. “Yes, that’s correct. I successfully recreated the mix of drugs that affected me in the hospital when the helmet was used on me. I admit it took a bit of doing. I had to do some digging in the hospital files to see what was in those IVs. Then I experimented with a few viable alternatives, various drugs with similar properties until I found a combination that was not only non-toxic but even more effective than the original.”

“Non-toxic? Well, that’s good to know,” I replied archly. “But you designed that stuff to be ingested right? What’s gonna happen if you inject it directly into my bloodstream this way? You don’t normally drink medicine that gets injected, and conversely, you don’t inject something that’s meant to be drank!”

“Oh, please,” Tiffany replied. “I’m quite familiar with chemistry and pharmaceutical medicine. I made quite sure that the serum I injected you with is perfectly safe. After all, the goal isn’t to kill anyone, just control them.” She flashed that evil smile of hers again. “The only difference in injecting it is that it will affect you much faster than ingesting it. In fact, you should already be feeling the effects.”

She wasn’t wrong. My limbs felt tingly, all pins and needles, and I’d noticed my earlier anger had faded quite a bit. “Okay, so you’re a chemical genius,” I shot back. “But why do shaved ice? And... what happens to your great scheme if no one decides to eat it?”

“Oh, that won’t be a problem,” Tiffany responded, turning back to the helmet, and fiddling with it again. “I’ve been monitoring the weather report all week. Tomorrow is going to have record-high temperatures. and in all that heat. people will be begging some something to cool them off!” She chuckled. “And luckily, Brain Freeze shaved ice will be giving out complimentary samples for the contest, to keep the crowd nice and cool while they’re standing around.” She sighed softly. “Besides... it was something of a necessity. The serum is very effective, unfortunately, it is very bitter. Mixing it with sugary sweet syrup was the only real way to hide the taste enough to get someone to willingly ingest it.”

Damn. Needed to distract her again. “Um, so, where is Adam?” I asked, glancing around. “I don’t see him here anywhere. You didn’t... dump him somewhere or get rid of him, did you?”

Tiff shook her head. “I told you, I don’t operate that way. Believe me, dear Adam is safe and sound. He’s actually out there,” she said, pointing to a door, “out in the adjoining bedroom. I have him tied up just like you.”

“Uh-huh,” I winced, as she nodded and stood back, lifting the helmet. “And... I suppose you plan to drug him and brainwash HIM as well, once you’re done with me?”

She paused, frowning. “I admit, the thought IS tempting,” she said, a bit of indecision apparent in her tone. “On the one hand, it would ensure his loyalty to me. And he’d be at my beckoned call, willing to do whatever I want.” She sighed, shaking her head. “But... it’s not really necessary. I KNOW I can trust him. He’s a total wimp and a spineless dweeb, but he won’t betray me. And despite everything, he still loves me.”

“And... you still love him as well, don’t you?” I asked, making her pause again.

Tiffany scowled at me, hands clenching into fists... but slowly she relaxed and sighed, her expression softening. “Fine. If you hold my feet to the fire, I’ll admit it. I do still love him. I never stopped loving him, even after all that happened.” She sighed. “Not that it matters. Accident or not, he was the one that set all this in motion and ruined my life. And... I can NEVER forgive him for that.”

“But you know, that’s only because that blasted helmet put that thought into your head,” I protested, struggling again as she began placing it over my head. “Adam said that to you when he was trying to help you, and your brain just latched onto the idea. You really can forgive him. You can go back to the way you used to be... you just have to let him use it on you again and undo what he did—”

“NO!” she shouted, scowling again. “I won’t go back to the way I was! The old me was a soft, pathetic, loser! She let people walk all over her!” She grinned then, gazing at me with a smile that bespoke madness. “But I don’t let ANYONE get the better of me. Anyone that opposes me with fall and bend to my will.” Still grinning, she pressed a button on the side of the helmet, and a rainbow of colors assaulted my vision. “And now, my dear, you will be the next to do so!”

* * *

“Whew! That was refreshing!” Tina exclaimed, throwing back her head, a spray of water flying from the motion. Grinning, she made her way back up to the beach, dropping down next to her lover. “I’m back, Jan,” she announced, looking over the work her partner had managed over the past couple of hours. “Ooooh... looks good,” she stated, peering down at the sandcastle from several different angles. “Much better than yesterday.”

“Thanks,” Jan murmured softly, mouth tight, as she focused on carefully adjusting a small patch of wet sand, gingerly, carefully shaping it into a cone-shaped structure. Drawing back, she let out a small sigh, smiling. “Whew! Okay, that worked! I built that tower three separate times already, but it kept collapsing under its own weight. I was just about ready to chuck it all and blast it into pieces if it fell again.”

Tina laughed. “Well, I’m glad you didn’t,” she commented, leaning forward to hug her friend from the side. “See what a bit of persistence can get you?” Glancing back inland, she frowned. “Speaking of which, where’s Gwen? She’s not under her umbrella.”

“Gwen?” Janika mused, glancing up as well. “Huh. I didn’t even notice. Maybe she got thirsty, and went back to the hotel? Or, went to use the bathroom?”

Tina pondered. “Huh. Do vampires actually use the bathroom?” she wondered out loud.

“What?”

“Well, think about it. Does her digestive system work normally? She doesn’t really need to eat or drink anything, except blood. I know she drinks soda, beer, and stuff like we do, but it’s more for the taste rather than necessity. And anyway, I’ve never seen her actually use the toilet...”

Jan blinked. “You have a point. I mean, it’s not as if I follow her into the bathroom to watch or anything, but I never noticed it either.”

“Maybe you should ask her when she comes back.”

“Yeah, right,” Jan chuckled. “And subject myself to that? No thanks. YOU ask her.” Tina laughed as well.

“Ah, no. Sorry. My momma didn’t raise a fool.”

The two chatted a bit more, relatively unconcerned. They were at a public beach, after all. The chances of anything bad happening to their friend with all these people walking around was nearly zero. Besides which, the girl was strong enough and capable of taking care of herself. They each believed that if anything happened, she would find a way to let them know what was going on.

“...damned drunk, making up crazy shit,” a tanned blonde-haired man muttered loudly as he and his friends walked by. “As if we didn’t have enough to be worried about at this place.”

“But Ryan, do you think he was making it up?” a tall, willowy brunette girl asked, walking alongside him. “I mean, he really looked scared to me.”

“Hmph. Scared... or stoned out of his mind, more likely,” a second young man with short cropped black hair replied. “You could smell the booze coming off that guy from ten feet away! Hell, for all we know, he might have just passed out and dreamt the whole incident.”

“I dunno,” a fourth person, a big-breasted blonde in a red bikini commented, shaking her head. “There was that guy that was found half-buried the other day. And then that group of kids earlier claiming their music and volleyball net was crushed by some sand monster?” She shrugged. “Now this guy claiming this sand creature tried to grab him too? It can’t all be a coincidence, can it?”

Jan and Tina glanced at each other. “Hey, um, excuse me,” Tina said, standing up, and approaching the group. “What was that you were just talking about? Something about a guy being chased by a sand monster?”

The blonde man, Ryan, sighed heavily. “Yeah, Down on the far end of the beach on the right,” he said, pointing. “Freaking drunk guy comes screaming bloody murder, stumbling and fumbling all over the place, freaking everybody out. Claims he was exploring further down and this sand monster popped up out of nowhere and tried to murder him.” He grunted, shaking his head. “All a bunch of bullcrap, if you ask me. Guy got drunk, heard about everything that happened the other day, probably saw some seaweed wash up from the shore, and panicked.”

“Yeah, you could be right,” Jan replied, coming up alongside Tina. “Still, I’d like to hear this story from the guy directly. You said he was over on the right?”

“Yeah, about half a mile down,” the brunette woman answered. “There was a crowd of people there listening to his story when we left. Not sure if he’s still there, but I doubt he’d gone very far this soon.”

“Great. Thanks for the heads-up,” Jan replied back. Turning to Tina, she nodded grimly. “So... what do you think?”

“I think this is the third weird occurrence on this beach in two days,” she replied thoughtfully. “It can’t be a coincidence. Something strange is going on here. And I think we should investigate.”

“Agreed.” Jan glanced back inland, frowning again at the empty beach towel and umbrella. “Think we should leave a note for Gwen in case she gets back from her ‘potty break’ before we return?”

“Nah,” Tina answered, dismissively. “She’s a big girl. She’ll be fine. Besides, we shouldn’t be gone that long either. We’re just going to talk to a guy and look around a bit.” She paused, considering. “But, um... do you think we should change?” she asked, glancing around. “You know... into costume?”

“Not just yet,” Jan stated, tapping her chin idly. “Right now, we’re just asking questions. If we go out as Splash and Sunbeam, then it’s an official case. Everyone at the beach will know something is up, and if someone IS behind all of this, we’ll just be tipping them off.”

“Ah, good thinking.”

A few minutes later, they arrived at the far end of the beach. A bit of questioning led them over to the man in question: an older gentleman with black hair with a bit of grey at the temples, and a bit of a shaggy unkempt beard, squatting down on the sand, staring out into the ocean. He wore a pair of navy blue swim trunks, and his chest was bared, showing a sparse forest of gray chest hair, and a bit of a bulge, a definite ‘beer belly’. As they drew close, they noticed another fact about the man. As the kids they’d met had pointed out, the man absolutely stank of alcohol. Wincing slightly, Jan glanced questioningly at Tina, as if to confirm they really wanted to do this. Grimly, her dark-skinned companion nodded, and with a sigh, Jan proceeded.

“Um, hey, uh, Sir,” she greeted him awkwardly, causing the man to glance up. “Hi. Sorry to bother you, but... could we talk to you for a minute?”

“Huh?” he grumbled softly, staring back with red bloodshot eyes. “Whazzat? What d’ya want? Huh?” he grunted. “Come to laugh at the old man like everyone else, huh? Is that it? Come to jeer and poke fun at the ol’ guy and get yer jollies?” He sighed, turning back to stare at the water again. “Fine. Go ahead. What do I care, huh?” he mumbled. “Soon enough you’ll all see what I was talkin’ ‘bout... you’ll see it wit’ yer own eyes. And when she comes to gobble ya all up, who’ll be the crazy ol’ man then, huh?”

“Er, we’re not here to laugh at you, Sir,” Tina replied. “We just want to know what happened to you... what it was exactly that you saw.”

The man merely laughed. “What I saw? Hell if I know,” the man grumbled, shaking his head. “I saw it, felt it, even... something so fuckin’ scary it damn well sobered me up in an instant. But looking back at it now... hell, it HAD to be a dream or something... or a hallucination?” He shook his head again, mumbling softly as if talking to himself. “A creature made out of sand... a living sand monster... nahh. Couldn’t be. Musta... been a bad batch of hooch or somethin’,” he said, arguing with himself aloud. “No way something like that could exist...”

Tina and Janika glanced at each other, then sighed. “Excuse me, Sir... uh... Mister...” Jan began.

“Graves. Dusty Graves,” the man mumbled, letting out another sigh.

“Thank you, Mr. Graves. I’m Janika, and this is my friend, Tina,” she introduced herself. “And we really do want to know what happened to you. I promise you, we are not trying to mess with you or poke fun at your expense. We just want to know what you saw.”

“Yeah? You do, huh?” he said, finally turning away to look them in the faces. “What are you guys, anyway, huh? Reporters? Paranormal investigators? Or are you two a couple of dames from the psychiatric hospital up north?” he asked, scowling. “That group of kids I told when it all happened said they were gonna call the doctors to come and haul me away. That’s it, ain’t it? You’re wantin’ me to say somethin’ crazy so you’ll have the proof you need to haul me away!”

Rolling her eyes, Tina stepped forward. “Okay, look. We’re not reporters, doctors, or anything like that. We’re just a couple of... concerned citizens,” she said with a smirk. “We heard about the other weird stuff happening at this beach, and we just want to confirm your story about a sand creature. Now, will you PLEASE just tell us what you saw?”

“Huh. Why bother?” the man grunted, stubbornly. “It’s not like you’d believe me anyway. A living sand creature? Strange women that disappear into thin air? Hah! I saw it, and even I don’t believe it!”

Tina grinned, extending her arms outward, hands facing each other. As the man sat there, his eyes slowly widened in surprise, as a surge of ocean water flew up from the ocean, coalescing into a small ball of water, floating idly between her hands. With a thought, the ball of water split apart, and grinning, she juggled both in her hands like a jester with a circus performer. “Let’s just say,” she quipped, before dispersing the water, “that when it comes to ‘strange and unusual feats’, my friend and I are more likely to believe you than most.”

After managing to pick his jaw back up off the ground, and composing himself, he related what happened to him. “Okay. So, um... I have to say first off,” he began, sheepishly, “that, yeah... I was a bit... um... toasted at the time. Yeah. I was drunk. I admit it. So, um, you can take all of this with a grain of salt.”

Jan nodded. “No problem. Just tell us what happened. I promise we’ll keep an open mind.”

“Okay, so... I was having myself a fun ol’ time,” he continued, staring out into the open waters again. “I’d just finished a cold one, and my bladder was a bit full. I needed to take a leak in a serious way. And, well... in my, er, inebriated state, I wasn’t exactly thinking clearly. Instead of just going back to the hotel, I went further down the beach, looking for a place to go. I stumbled along, aimlessly, whistling and humming to myself, when I spotted a small bungalow atop a small ridge of stone along the shoreline. I’d just thought to myself that this would be the perfect place to drain the gizzard... when I heard a voice calling out to me.”

“Eh? A voice?” Jan asked.

The man nodded. “A sexy sounding, smoky, husky, voice. A FEMALE voice. When I looked around, I spotted her, this smokin’ hot, deeply tanned hottie, standin’ there in a bright red string bikini. She wore dark sunglasses over her eyes, and she was starin’ daggers at me.” He shook his head. “She was pissed at me... and all before I even did anything! I opened my mouth to ask if I could use her bathroom, but she just told me to go away. ‘Leave here now!’ she told me, starin’ down at me like she was the fuckin’ Queen of Sheeba or something. ‘Go back to your side of this land. Leave now, before I become angry!’” He shrugged. “I was confused... and, well, as I said, drunk, so I wasn’t really taking her that seriously. I asked her if I could go tinkle in her bungalow, and she got all redfaced and screamed at me to leave again.”

“A woman, huh?” Tina mused aloud. “Suddenly, things are starting to make a bit more sense. So... I’m guessing you didn’t heed her warning to leave?”

Dusty shook his head. “Yeah. Of course, I had no idea just then what I was gettin’ myself into. I figured, ‘Well, if the damn prissy bitch wasn’t gonna let me use her bathroom, then I’d just hafta pretend I was in the woods and do the ‘natural thing’. So I shrugged, turned my back to her, walked over to the water’s edge... and dropped my trousers.”

Tina blinked. “Are... are you saying you just...?”

“Yeah, I peed in the ocean,” the man replied with a shrug. “What? People do it all the time. I mean, it’s not like I was taking a whizz in someone’s swimming pool or anythin’, though people do that all the time, too! Nah... I just did my business and relieved myself. I wasn’t hurtin’ nobody. But yeah... Miss Queen of Sheeba didn’t like that one bit. She went totally apeshit. She started growling and hissing, like a damned volcano about to erupt. And then... all hell broke loose.”

He described the emergence of the sand creature then, like a human-shaped creature popping up from the middle of the ground, like a person climbing out of a swimming pool. As he’d stood there in shock, wondering if what he was seeing was actually real, the creature grew bigger, taller, wider, thicker, all the nearby sand pouring into it, increasing its mass, until it stood about ten feet tall, completely drawfing frightened Dusty. Still, half convinced he was dreaming, it wasn’t until the creature took a swing at him, that hit, sending him flying back several feet to land in a heap in the sand. Realizing the danger he was in, he scuttled back to his feet, glancing around in alarm, trying to figure out what to do or where to run.

“I was understandably scared shitless,” he related, grimly. “But I did at least still have some sense of propriety. Concerned for my life, I nevertheless looked around for that young woman, wanting her to run to safety with me. But... she’d disappeared. Along with the deck chair she’d been sitting in, vanished without a trace. For a moment I worried that the creature had taken her, swallowed her up... but then it started lumbering towards me, and I ran, putting the stranger out of my mind as I focused on getting out of there alive.” He sighed heavily. “I ran and ran like a madman, screaming and crying all the while. A few times the creature swung at me, a few near misses so close the wind of his swipes blew my hair. But I kept running, and I didn’t stop to look back. And a few minutes later, I made it here, where a group of kids was just sitting here, listening to music and lounging, playing, and having fun. They looked up as I burst upon the scene, freaked out by my warning to run for their lives.”

“Yeah, we heard from a couple of them earlier,” Janika nodded. “That’s what led us to seek you out. So... I’m guessing by everyone’s reaction that the creature had stopped chasing you by that point and disappeared again?”

“Yep,” Dusty confirmed. “Vanished without a trace. And of course, no one believed me. They all thought I was drunk, that I’d imagined or made up the whole thing. Worse, there was no trace at all that anything had happened, no disturbance at all, other than my own footprints in the sand from when I was running for my life.”

“Just like all the other attacks,” Tina muttered, nodding softly to herself. Glancing up, she nodded again. “Well, Dusty, WE believe you. I’m pretty sure this woman you met was a meta, a person with special powers. She obviously has control over the ground, or at least sand, the way I can control water. And for some reason, she seems really uptight about that section of the beach you stumbled upon.”

“You can say that again,” the man mumbled. “So... what now? Do we go to the police and tell them what happened?”

“Not just yet,” Jan replied. “Right now, all we have is an educated guess. If we want the police to do anything, we need proof. So, Tina and I are going to make our way down to that bungalow and have a talk with this mysterious woman of yours.”

The man gaped at her. “What? Are you crazy?!?” he exclaimed. “Didn’t you hear my story? This woman, if she was controlling that monster... she’s dangerous! You go down there and provoke her, she’s liable to bury you both six feet under!”

“Don’t worry about that,” Tina replied confidently. “My partner and I are used to this kind of thing. We’ve dealt with people like her before. We’re just going to have a talk with her,” she said with a grin, cracking her knuckles, “but if she tries to start something, she’ll find out that we’re not a bunch of pushovers. Trust us... we know exactly how to deal with this lady.”

* * *

“Tell me your name.”

“Gwen,” I answered in a soft, bored tone. “Just Gwen.”

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. “What’s your last name, Gwen?”

I sighed inwardly. “Don’t have one. Or, if I did, it was so long ago I forgot it. I’m just... Gwen.”

“Okay, fine. Tell me, Gwen, what are you?”

“I’m a vampire. A Daywalker, specifically.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened, then narrowed. “A vampire, you say? Huh... that explains the fangs and glowing red eyes. And... a Daywalker, hmm? Like Blade from the comics...”

“Who?”

“Never mind,” she said dismissively. “Tell me, what can you do, Gwen? What kind of powers do you possess?”

I blinked again. “Super strength. Superhuman reflexes. Super speed. And, regeneration and fast healing.”

“My my,” Tiffany cooed, reaching out to caress my face lightly. “It seems I really hit the jackpot with you! My very own superhero!” She chuckled softly. “Although, I suppose you’ll technically be a super-villain once I’m done with you. No matter. Regardless of the role, you’ll do everything I tell you to... won’t you Gwen?”

“Yes... I will do everything you tell me to,” I answered back.

“Good girl,” Tiffany replied, smiling wickedly. “Now then. Listen closely. These are your new instructions...”

* * *

After a bit of searching, the two heroines found the bungalow, exactly as their new friend had described. Glancing around, they found the surrounding area deserted; if the mysterious woman that had attacked the others was still around, she was likely back inside the structure. “I guess this is the place,” Jan remarked, as they made their way up the ridge. “Looks peaceful enough, and just like Dusty said, the sand around her is all smooth and untouched as if no one has been around here for years.”

“Definitely the right place then,” Tina agreed, “considering three separate incidents happened here in the past day and a half. If nothing else, there should be footprints in the sand from the old guy running away. The only way the ground’s that clear is if someone cleaned up the mess after the fact.”

“You there! What do you want?”

The two heroines whirled around, looking behind them. Back down at the shore’s edge, a young attractive woman stood, glaring up at them. Shit! Tina thought to herself, more than a little shocked. Talk about popping up out of thin air! The old man was right—we checked everywhere on the way up and she was nowhere to be found. So, how the hell did she come up from behind us?

“Uh, hi,” Jan answered back, forcing a small smile on her face. “Sorry to bother you. My friend and I wanted to ask you some questions about... some incidents that happened out here a little while ago. You... wouldn’t happen to know about that, would you?”

“No,” the woman replied curtly. “Now leave! This is private property, and you are trespassing!”

“Private property?” Tina replied, glancing around. “Um, sorry to break this to you, Miss, but this is a public beach. And there are no signs posted here or anything.”

“WRONG!” the woman growled, her temper showing. “This land is MINE! It’s been my ancestral home for centuries!” She sighed, shaking her head. “Back in the olden days, you stupid humans knew better than to encroach upon sacred lands. But as more and more of you filthy humans popped up, you kept expanding and expanding, like ants, trying to swarm and take over everything you could get your hands on!” She shook her head. “I actually made a deal with a lousy human several decades ago. I agreed to give me a part of my land to put up his little hotel, in exchange for a number of valuable jewels.” Her expression darkened. “As part of the bargain, however, he was to make sure that THIS section of the beach remained out of bounds to his clients. It was to remain private and undisturbed for the rest of time! And yet, day after day after day, I keep getting bothered by interlopers threatening my peace and tranquility!”

Jan nodded softly, her mind working overtime. Damn... she made a deal decades ago? Ancestral home? And she keeps referring to us as ‘filthy humans’? Huh... either this woman is looney tunes, or she’s definitely not what she appears to be. I was thinking she was just another metahuman, someone with powers, like Tina and me. But now... we might have to approach this a lot more carefully...

Aloud, she replied back. “I see. And I think I understand. I’m sorry that we bothered you, but I think it is all just a simple misunderstanding. You said... you made a deal with the owner of the hotel set up decades ago? Was it for the... um... dammit, what was it called back then?”

“The Saxony?” Tina prompted.

“YEAH! The Saxony Hotel.” Jan replied.

The woman, still frowning, nodded. “Yes. That rather chubby balding man... his last name WAS Sax, as I recall. What of it?”

“Um, not sure if you were aware, but the owner DIED quite a few years ago,” Jan informed her. “He passed on, and the hotel changed ownership. The new owner revamped the whole thing, expanded it, and turned it into a big fancy luxury hotel. It’s called ‘The Faena’ now. And, I’m thinking perhaps the former owner never passed on the specifics of your bargain before he died.”

The woman looked taken aback for a moment, before shaking her head. “Well, if that is the case, it matters not. I am done being bothered by your pesky human friends invading my property and disturbing my rest! I have made my demands known... and they have been ignored. So tomorrow, when the sun reaches its peak, I shall remove this infestation once and for all!”

“Wait... wait for a second,” Janika protested. “What exactly do you mean by ‘removing the infestation? What are you planning to do?”

The woman smirked. “Exactly what it sounds like. Tomorrow at noon, I shall head to this hotel gathering, and command the sands to raze it to the ground. Anyone smart enough to run for their lives will be spared... but all others shall be buried under a mountain of earth!”

“Uh uh. Sorry, lady, but that’s not happening,” Tina remarked, as she and Janika stepped forward. Gesturing with her hands, she gathered a large blast of water, while Jan powered up, her hands glowing with a bright yellow-orange light. “We sympathize with your issue. It sucks when people trespass and ruin your peace and quiet. But we’re NOT just going to stand by and watch while you kill a bunch of innocent people!”

The woman took a step back in surprise, jaw visibly dropping. “Wh... what is this?” she asked, seemingly in awe. “Can this be true? You... and you? You are not filthy humans at all!” A smile lit up her face, and she removed her sunglasses. “It has been centuries since I last met another elemental! Why I thought I was perhaps the last!”

“Elementals?” Jan asked, glancing at Tina, who just shrugged. “Y-yeah. Right. Elementals. That’s up. So... how about we all sit down and discuss this calmly, elemental to elemental, hmm?”

The woman sighed softly. “I would indeed like nothing more,” she said with a twinge of regret. “Alas, my path is set. I must defend my home. And as much as I respect and honor you, my distant kin,” she said, gesturing with a hand, “I cannot let you stop me.”

“H-hey! What the... aaaaaahhhhh!” Tina yelled, as the ground suddenly opened up beneath her and Jan’s feet. With a cry, both heroines fell, dropping several feet into a large open hole... only to gasp as it closed up behind them, leaving them buried alone in the deep deep darkness...