The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows 11: Taming the Darkness Within

by J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

Ch.6) Into the Fire, Consumed

“Wow... nice place you have here,” the young woman in the antique costume commented, glancing around. “Not quite what I expected... figured an egg like yerself would be holed up in a palace or high-rise castle or something.”

Eugene chuckled. “Thank you for the compliment. I’m afraid a penthouse apartment isn’t quite my style, and though my forebearers might appreciate the symbolism, I’m honestly more comfortable in a more traditional home setting.”

“Forebearers? Ah, you mean about being Scottish and all?” the woman replied with a chuckle. “Yes, I cotton to ya. I happen to be acquainted with a Scot ‘fresh from the old country’, as he puts it. You actually remind me a lot of him,” she said with a soft wistful sigh. “And that’s why my new friend said I should visit you, Mr. Frasier.”

“Ach, no, lass,” he said, shaking a finger at her. “It’s Eugene. Mister Frasier was my Da. And, what might I call you, lass?”

“Oh, sorry, it’s Belinda Nicholson,” she said, extending a hand, “but my friends call me Billie.”

Eugene nodded, eyebrows raised slightly at the name. “Well, Billie,” he said after a slight pause, taking her hand and kissing the back of it, “perhaps it would help if ye told me a bit more about yer problem, and just how I might be able to help you?”

Billie glanced away, frowning slightly, tugging lightly on the string of pearls around her neck. “Okay. I’ll try. Just, well... keep an open mind, okay? I swear, I ain’t slinging a bunch of applesauce.” She took a deep breath. “I’m a time traveler. I’ve come forward into the future from the year nineteen thirty-five. And, well... I’m kind of stuck here. My new pal Ms. Bayport thought you might have some idea on how to send me back.”

Huh. A time traveler, eh? Nineteen thirty-five. Hmm... interesting. Verra interesting, Eugene mused silently. And the name... it cannae be a coincidence. Aloud he murmured, “I see. Well, lass, while I am rather inclined to believe yer story, I’m afraid there’s nae much I can do.”

Belinda’s face fell. “But... but Roberta said... I mean... she believed you were the greatest scientific mind of this century!” she protested. “I mean if a crazy old duffer like Rotwang could do it—”

“Ye mean Professor Rotwang, that crackpot mad scientist from ages ago?” Eugene asked, blinking in surprise. “Is he the one that sent ye here to the future?”

“I... I’m actually not sure,” Billie admitted, frowning. “My memory of how I arrived here is a bit fuzzy. I do remember being with him in his lab just before arriving here. He’s done so before, a time or two. But I wasn’t helping him with any experiments this time, we were just having tea! And then... there was a rumble... and a bright flash... and the next thing I know I’m waking up outside in the grass in downtown modern day River City!”

“Aye, that tracks,” Gene said, thinking. “I actually found some notes on several of Rotwang’s inventions from back in the day in a journal left by a... relative of mine, back when I was younger,” he said with a soft sigh. “The man had quite a few screws loose, but he was undeniably gifted. Ach, but... that’s neither here nor there, lass. Even if I had the technology available to send ye back to the past, I wouldnae dare. Time travel is simply too dangerous. The realm of time is best left—”

“To the gods,” a familiar voice spoke just before a soft pale light lit up the room. “Hello, husband,” Lacie Frasier said, stepping out of the light, clad in her familiar robes. “And hello to you as well, Miss Nicholson,” she said with a nod, smiling. “Forgive me for interrupting. It’s been a long hard day at the ‘office’,” she quipped, gesturing with a hand as her robes disappeared, replaced instantly with a normal cream colored blouse, tan slacks and a pair of sandals, “and I rushed to get back home.”

“Hard day at the office, indeed,” Eugene chuckled. “Billie, lass, meet my better half, Lacie Ann Frasier. Of the two of us, she would be best suited to helping you find yer way back to when you came from.”

Belinda blinked, taking a moment to take in the statuesque beauty. The woman was an Amazon, at least six feet tall, lightly tanned with a perfect physique, an hourglass frame, and the most piercing blue eyes she’d even seen. And yet, despite having a pair of bubs looking as if she belonged on the cover of one of Callum’s overseas skin magazines, she could tell just from her arms, her stance, and the way that she carried herself that this woman was more than capable of handling herself in a scrap.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Mrs. Frasier,” she began only to be tsked as well.

“Lacie, please,” she replied with a grin. “It’s only right. You are family after all.”

“Well, only if you call me Billie then as well, and—” Billie began, only to fall silent, gaping in shock. “F... family?!?” she sputtered, even as Eugene sputtered something in rude Gaelic. Holy Hannah! How did she know? Since the minute Robbie said the guy’s name was ‘Frasier’, I’ve gone out of my way to keep saying too much! But this moll... she figured it out after a few seconds?!?

“Gene, Billie, it’s okay, really,” Lacie said gently, walking over to sit down on the couch across from the both of them. “I know all about the situation... and it’s okay to talk about it openly. Both of you. Trust me, you’re NOT going to destroy the space time continuum or cause a world ending paradox.” She chuckled dryly. “And considering that we already endured a near-miss a few weeks ago, I would know.”

“Aye, but tell me, lass, how would interacting and sharing knowledge with my own Great-Aunt NOT have any effect on the past?” Gene asked.

“Because Billie isn’t from OUR past, dear,” Lacie replied with a grin, noting their expressions were almost identical. “It wasn’t true time travel that brought you here, Billie. It was more accurately an interdimensional shift. Time travel is strictly prohibited to keep from causing paradoxes like the one you were both afraid of. To that end, the goddesses in charge of time instead shift travelers like yourself into alternate realities, different versions of their past or future, so that any interaction between them does not carry across, or have lasting repercussions across space-time.”

“Huh. That makes sense,” Billie said slowly, her mind running with the concept, “and it actually explains the last few times I traveled. For one, I actually MET you both before, or rather, a different version of you both, in a much darker version of the future, where the whole world was all at war with an organized group of evil Super villains. At the time, I thought it was because I’d changed something in leaving the past that caused it to happen... but now I see it was a completely different timeline altogether!”

Eugene laughed aloud, nodding. “Aye. Exactly. You certainly picked that up quickly, lass. Most people would be asking Lacie to repeat that back in smaller words, but you ken exactly what she was talking about!” He shook his head ruefully. “I also guess that explains things on MY end as well... the journal of my own Aunt Billie Nicholson-Frasier, aka, Flapper Girl. In it, she leaves a fairly detailed account of her adventures, including having her mind transferred into a robotic body... but never once does she mention anything about time travel.”

“Yes. Our Billie’s Dr. Rotwang never got his time machine to function correctly,” Lacie replied with a sigh. “Still, it doesn’t matter much in the end. You’re here, in our dimension, and you’re perfectly free to explore and enjoy your visit while it lasts.”

“Wait... while it lasts?” Belinda asked, suddenly hopeful. “Does that mean what I think it means?”

Lacie nodded. “Yes, dear, I can send you back to your own timeline. Just... not at the moment,” she said with a slight wince. “The ‘near miss’ I alluded to earlier? It is the reason you were brought here. The barriers between realities were very badly torn and ripped. Several anomalies occurred, things that shouldn’t have happened, and people from alternate realities like yourself, shifted to this one. My sisters and I are working to restore the barriers, and stabilize them, so my ability to pass through realities is a bit wanting at the moment. But I can surely take you home in a week or two... three at the most.”

Belinda smiled at that. “Well, a two-week vacation in the future, eh? There are certainly worse ways to spend your time. Sounds totally darb to me!”

Lacie blinked. “Um... darb?”

“It means wonderful, or great,” Eugene explained with a grin. “I’ve been studying up on my 1930’s slang. You might wish to brush up yerself, Lacie Ann, or, ‘know yer onions’, as they say,” he said, grinning at Billie, who openly laughed.

“Tch... fine,” Lacie replied rolling her eyes with a grin. “Guess I’ll pull out my copy of The Great Gatsby on DVD later.” Just then the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it,” Lacie replied, waving a hand dismissively. “Why don’t you show Billie your lab? A scientific genius like her will likely be impressed by what you have cooking down there.”

“Aye! A fine idea,” Gene replied, standing up, extending an arm, which Billie took. “Come with me, lass. It would be a pleasure to talk about some of my research with someone who can understand it for a change...”

Laughing, Lacie opened the front door and blinked in surprise, her smile widening. “Julie! It’s good to see you again, dear. Come in, come in,” she said, ushering the young girl inside. “I’m afraid if you’re looking for Jimmy, he’s not here at the moment.”

“Oh! Hi, Mrs. Frasier. Um, actually, I was looking for your husband,” Julie said awkwardly, her dusky complexion brightening with a steady blush. As close as she and Jimmy had become, and the fact that she’d been here with them before, had even broken bread with the Frasier family, she still felt very much in awe of the woman before her.

Heh. I’m talking to Omega Girl, she told herself dazedly. THE Omega Girl. The most powerful heroine in the world! And yet, she’s so down to Earth. And... a terrible cook, she added ruefully, remembering their meal from before. Jimmy said that she took care of Satore, that she personally made sure that she would never be a problem to anyone ever again. Maybe I should just ask her straight out what she did... and where Satore is now. If anyone would understand what I’m going through, I bet she would...

“Eugene is down in his lab, puttering away as usual,” Lacie said with a grin. “He’s busy showing off to a new visitor of ours, showing her all his inventions. But if you need to use his computer or database for something, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”

“No, it’s not—” she began, only to pause, considering. “Um, are you sure it’s okay?” she asked. “To use his satellite scanner, I mean? I’m trying to track down someone.”

“If it’s Beautiful Gems business, I’m sure Eugene will understand,” Lacie replied. “Go on down, the entryway is open.”

Julie nodded, turning to enter the hallway. Beautiful Gems business, huh? Well... it IS business. I’m not doing this for fun, or anything. And I AM tracking down a wanted villainess. So... I shouldn’t feel guilty even if I am misleading them, right? It’s not my fault if they’re jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Entering the lab, she saw that Lacie was correct; Eugene was indeed wrapped up in demonstrating several of his various devices to a strangely garbed young woman. Sighing softly, she walked past them into the main computer room and logged in, pulling up the DNA scanning sequence. Damn. Was it really this easy? And she’s right here, in this city, just a few streets down from here. Julie thought in disbelief. Well fine. I have what I need, now. And even if they are upset afterward... it’s all for the best. Satore needs to be punished for what she did to me, my mom, and everyone in Teton Springs. And I intend to deliver that punishment myself!

* * *

We drove along quietly with the radio humming along, Lana silently staring out the window and me silently counting the remaining miles until we reached Portland. I’d tried, again, unsuccessfully, to engage her in conversation, trying to get her to open up. After two days, I’d pretty much told her my life’s story, my history, all my little quirks, and foibles... and yet I still knew very little about her. Any question I sent her way was met with vague or ambiguous half-answers at best, or a flat out refusal to answer at worst. It was just a little bit stressful. And when we passed the sign showing Portland at the next exit, I let out a deeply held breath and muttered, “Oh thank God!”

Lana glanced over at me. “Did you say something?”

“Yes. We’re nearly there. Portland is coming up now,” I replied.

“Good,” she replied, stretching in her seat. “I think I’ve had just about enough of traveling the countryside by car.” She sighed softly. “Honestly, I’d thought we would have already started your training by now.”

“Hmm. On that note,” I said, as I pulled off onto the exit, sending us into the city, “how exactly is this going to go? Do I get a wizard’s hat and a magic wand or something? Do I get a book of spells I need to memorize?”

“Nothing quite so trivial,” Lana remarked, rolling her eyes. “This isn’t Harry Potter, James. Chanting nonsensical words will not enable you to somehow channel the power within you as you see fit.”

I sighed deeply as we made the trek into the city, heading towards the University. “Fine. Then explain to me, exactly, how this works. If you refuse to talk about yourself, the least you can do is tell me what to expect from this training.”

Rather than seem put out, she merely raised an eyebrow at my tone. “Hmm. I suppose that’s only fair. It’s really what I prefer to call ‘taming’ rather than ‘training’ per se. Magic is not science. It’s not what you KNOW, it’s more about what you FEEL. I’ll be teaching you techniques, showing you how to control and wield your magic, but the lion’s share of this will simply be learning to control yourself, to learn to wield your magic without it being clouded by your emotions.”

I nodded, considering that. It actually made a lot of sense. My powers were, for the most part, deeply tied to my emotions. When I got angry, my bad luck demons tended to wreak havoc. I’d gotten a lot better at keeping them in check, recently, but it was still a struggle. Being able to use them effectively without throwing a temper tantrum, or, better yet, being able to blow my top WITHOUT breaking the universe, would be ideal.

Pulling up to the apartment complex, I parked in my usual spot next to Devon’s car, and led Lana upstairs to her new home. “Ah! Here we are. Home sweet home,” I said, gesturing to the large three bedroom suite, “at least for the rest of the semester. I hope it meets with your approval?”

Lana nodded, rather impressed. “It does. It’s very nice, very spacious. And it has a very comfortable feel to it.” She glanced down the hall. “And my room? Where will I be staying?”

“In here,” I stated, opening the door across from mine and Devon’s shared bedroom. Inside was a large and hopefully comfortably prepared room. Not really knowing who would be coming to stay here, Devon had decorated it in anticipation for either sex, though she had added a few unique touches of her own. Lana merely nodded her approval, apparently satisfied with the arrangements. “And in anticipation of your needs, Devon also set up something a little special in here,” I added, walking to the closet door, opening it as well. This time, Lana’s expression showed actual surprise and delight.

“A pocket dimension?” she asked, glancing around at the larger-on-the-inside space of grayness seemingly stretching out in all direction. “Interesting. And very well done. It’s a perfect place to practice magic without disrupting the outside world. It’s perfect!”

“Great! I’m not sure about how it all works, but as long as you’re happy with it, I’m happy. So... should we start now?”

“Yes, I think so,” Lana replied, holding out her hands. A soft and familiar silvery glow emerged from her hands, just like Aunt Sarah’s sparks, only larger. The two sparks merged, brightening momentarily, before fading out, revealing a... silver necklace?

No. A collar.

“Um... Lana? What is that for?” I asked, stomach clenching, already knowing the answer even before I’d asked the question.

“It’s for you to wear,” she replied, holding it out for me, “during your lessons. This collar will aid in taming you. Now... be a good boy and put this one, and we can begin.”

* * *

“Well, well, well,” Parker said aloud, causing Venus and Veronica to gasp in surprise, pulling apart from each other. “Looks like you two have become fast friends.”

“P-Parker,” Roni said, blushing heavily. “I... um... we didn’t expect you back so soon.”

“Obviously,” Parker replied with a smirk, taking in the two lovely and very naked women. “But it certainly looks as though you had fun together. Heh. I’m not sure who I should be more jealous of.”

“Oh, now, Parker, don’t be mad,” Venus replied, with a half shrug. “We’re all consenting adults here, after all. And we all shared a bed last night anyway—it’s not as if we’re doing anything strange or unexpected, given the circumstances.”

“I didn’t say I was mad, just jealous,” Parker replied, shaking his head. “Ah well... guess SOMEONE has to be the adult and get things done while the kids play. And speaking of kids, Lucy is settled in safe and sound... er, though I think Nigel and Patty might want to have a conversation with us sometime in the next few days,” he added with a deep frown.

Roni glanced at him, then blinked, picking up on his embarrassment. “Oh. Huh. Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before it came back to bite us. And anyway, Nigel can hardly blame US since he started the whole issue himself by sending Katie here to us in the first place.”

Venus glanced between them, eyebrow raised. “Something tells me that there’s a story there,” she stated, grinning suggestively, “but it can keep for a different day and time. And just so you know, Parker, we did accomplish quite a bit while you were taking Lucy somewhere safe. I made a few business arrangements and I made a few calls to some friends of mine within the State Department. They confirmed that members on a certain Yakuza watch list are indeed in this country, specifically, in this city.”

Parker’s eyes narrowed. “‘Friends in the State Department’, huh? Did any of those arrangements involve ‘convincing’ someone to give you a hand, or did they simply volunteer out of the goodness of their hearts?”

“Parker!” Venus said, in mock astonishment. “I’m hurt! I’ve turned over a new leaf, you know. I don’t take advantage of people that way anymore. The contacts are old business acquaintances that I did a favor or two years ago. They owed me and I called in the favor. That’s all.”

“It’s true, Parker,” Roni chimed in. “Believe it or not, Venus still has quite a few business connections still active from back before you and she fought all those years ago. And everything she did was completely legit.”

“Huh. Well... um... in that case, I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions.” Parker said with a sigh, glancing away. “Call it a force of habit. But yeah... I guess I should know better.”

“Yes, you should,” Venus answered back, standing up to face him eye to eye. Parker blinked, momentarily taken aback by the expression on her face. Instead of looking angry or upset, her expression seemed a bit more... seductive. Aroused. “In fact,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck, “I think you should make it up to me.”

Parker swallowed, beginning to sweat slightly. “Um...” he managed, glancing at his wife for help, but Roni just laughed.

“I agree, Parker. You really should make it up to her,” she stated, chuckling as she bent over to pick up her shirt and pants from the floor, giving him a wink as she headed for the door. “And don’t worry about being too loud. Lucy is staying over a friend’s house, after all.”

“Well... damn,” Parker said aloud, as Venus chuckled, taking the liberty of unzipping his pants. “I did not see this coming. I’d almost say that I was being set up for some kind of trap the moment I walked through the door,” he said lightly, grinning to show that he wasn’t serious as Venus paused to glance up at him. “Still, if it IS a trap, I have to admit, you picked irresistible bait.”

Venus laughed aloud. “Flattery, eh?” she husked, eyes dropping to half lids as his pants finally slid down, exposing his manhood. “Well, you always did have a clever tongue. But for now, perhaps I should show you how clever mine can be.” Following suit with her words, she dropped seductively to her knees, and inhaled his cock, using her clever tongue to lick and swirl and coax him into full hardness within a few seconds.

Parker gasped aloud, eyes nearly bulging, as he felt himself nearing his peak. Venus was certainly a master at her craft. Though he was loathed to ever mention it to his wife, or the girl himself, the best blowjobs he’d ever received had been given by his dearest Patty, back when she was still just a young teenaged girl, and they were both thralls of Goddess Aphrodite. Over the weeks and months, Patricia, deeply in love with him, had devoted herself entirely to his pleasure, to learning just what turned him on most, and utilizing her knowledge and skills to their utmost. It seemed that the Goddess herself must have given Patty much of her tutelage, for as mind blowing as Patty’s skill had been, Venus’ talents were on an entirely different level. Even more telling, the redheaded vixen was staring up at him as she blew him, a wicked smile on her face as if she knew that she could make him cum at any time, but was merely toying with him, prolonging it as long as she was.

“Gaaaahhh,” he groaned, shuddering as he felt himself dancing on the razor’s edge of climax, being repeated nudged forward, only to have the sensation ease up at the very last second. “D-dammit,” he gasped, barely resisting the urge to grab the teasing wench by the hair and force himself deep down into her very throat, “stop... fucking teasing... and finish this!” Venus’ reply surprised him.

“Make me,” she said in challenge, pulling his cock completely free for a moment, swirling her tongue around its head, before sucking it back inside again. “You know what you want, Parker. So... take it. Don’t just stand there whimperrrrrrrring,” she said, purring around his cock, the vibrations nearly making his knees give out. “Show me that you’re a man. Don’t just sit back letting me lick you... fuck my goddamn slutty mouth! Use me however you wa—mmmmpph!”

With an animalistic roar, Parker did just that, taking firm hold of the scarlet tressed seductress by the side of the head, fucking her hot seductive mouth. He was firm and brutal, and relentless, yet his partner smiled the entire time, seemingly relishing his forcefulness. When he came, he slammed his hips forward, entering her throat, and Venus simply relaxed her throat, swallowing as he fired jolt after jolt of his liquid pleasure, her eyes rolling back as her left hand nestled between her naked thighs brought her off as well. Groaning, Parker finally released his death grip on her head, and Venus pulled free, slowly, almost reluctantly, his cock sliding out of her mouth with an audible pop.

“Oh... wow... hnnn...” Parker panted, grinning insanely, “I guess now I know who I should have felt jealous for earlier...”

“Glad to hear it, big boy,” Venus purred, extending her tongue, channeling a bit of her seductive powers, licking Parker back into readiness once again. “Because this was just the appetizer. The main course is still to ‘cum’.”

“Good,” Parker growled, teeth bared as he suddenly lifted Venus up by her arms, lifting her bodily into the air as he made his way back to the bed. “I figure I owe you for that very enjoyable experience just now, and I’m a man that pays his debts.” Dropping her lightly, he climbed slowly atop her, staring down at her in hunger as he straddled her waist. Panting, he paused for just a moment, staring her in the eyes, before leaning forward to kiss her lightly. “Now it’s my turn.”

Venus cried out in pleasure as he entered her, back arching into a bow. Strong hands grabbed hers by the wrists, pulling them back down to the bed, holding her somewhat pinned. She nodded in understanding, closing her eyes, simply letting go, letting Parker have control. She smiled as he began fucking her with heedless abandon, pumping away at her slick trench like an oil drill. It had been a long time since she’d been taken this way, truly earnestly fucked. She’d had a number of lovers over the years, but the majority of them had been women. And the few men she’d enthralled had been listless, submissive obedient puppets, little more than living dildos for her to ride.

Parker, however, was different. Special. Even years back when she had taken him for her High Priest, he’d always gone above and beyond to please her, guessing correctly that she liked spontaneity and forcefulness. Obedient and loyal to a fault, he would have walked through fire for her. But in the bedroom, he’d certainly put her through her paces, even daring to spank her ass if the mood so took him. It had endeared him to her to such a point that being with him was the closest thing to love she’d felt in any of her previous incarnations. It was also why losing him had driven her so far over the edge, why she’d taken him breaking free of her control as a betrayal against her.

All such thoughts of the past were swept away, however, as her arousal erupted, and she came, hard, thrashing slightly in his grip as he slowed but continued his relentless fucking. Gasping, cooing softly, she moaned, stars dancing before her eyes, only to gasp aloud again as Parker, holding her with one hand, used his free hand to squeeze and grip her left breast, tweaking her nipple with just enough pain to cause a pleasure surge. She shuddered again, her orgasm which had just begun to fade, returning with a vengeance.

“Mmmm, like that, did you?” Parker rasped, leaning forward, taking her hard throbbing nipple into his mouth, sucking on it deeply, licking it while his hips continued to thrust away. “I remember, Venus,” he said between licks. “I remember... just what you like... just what you crave... what turns you on... and makes you scream... and shake... the hardest,” he growled, releasing her nipple to bite down, lightly, on the edge where her neck meets the shoulder. Venus howled, going rigid, legs wrapping around his waist, trying to hold him in place, keeping him there, deep inside her very core.

But Parker wasn’t quite done. Carefully channeling his sonic powers, he focused a low energy pulse directly through the part of him still buried deep inside her. Venus’ head went back and went still, eyes open, as her climax shattered, splintering apart into a constant stream of unending pleasure spasms that threatened to wash her away with them...

Sometime later, she groaned, twitching slightly before curling up into a ball. A moment later, Parker’s arms wrapped around her naked form, cuddling her as he whispered soft endearments in her ear. She sobbed quietly, feeling utterly open and exposed, all her walls and barriers destroyed, her soul bared to all. Yet, she’d never felt safer, more loved and protected that she did at that moment, held in his arms.

Goddess Bless... it’s true, she realized dimly. I really am... in love with him. Mistake or not, artificial or not, I’m in love with Parker Albinn.

“Hey, are you okay?” Parker asked her after a moment when she pulled away, rolling over to look at him. “I mean... did I hurt you there at the end? You were crying... and I haven’t exactly tried that vibrating trick before...”

Venus merely laughed, shaking her head, wiping her eyes. “No. No, I’m fine, really. Better than fine, actually.” Parker chuckled.

“Well, I try to give as good as I receive,” he said with more than a little pride. He sighed, rolling over slightly, as Venus lay her head on his chest. “It’s kind of funny... us lying here together like this... not actively trying to kill each other,” he said with a brief chuckle. “Seriously, though... it kind of reminds me of the past. You know, the good ol’ days.”

“Interesting. I was just thinking the same thing,” Venus murmured, her eyes closed. “Don’t let this go to your head, Albinn... but you always were the best.”

“Bah... I was a kid back then. I barely knew which hole to stick it in. I was all enthusiasm, no skill.” He sighed softly, running his finger slightly through her hair. “I’d like to think I’ve improved some since then.”

“Well, you won’t hear me complaining,” Venus replied with a smile. “But I meant more than just the sex. You’re just so... attentive.” She sighed, eyes still closed. “I don’t often let down my walls with other people... but somehow, you just make me feel... safe.”

“We aim to please,” Parker joked, chuckling softly. “And anyway, as long as you’re feeling good, you won’t be inclined to break the bond between Roni and me again anytime soon.”

“Mmmm. Don’t worry. That can’t happen again, EVER,” Venus said, sighing softly, snuggling against him, feeling the urge to drift off to sleep hitting her. “I thought you might be worried about that happening again. This time, I made sure the bonds I created were unbreakable. They’re permanent this time. Not even the Norns could break them.”

Parker nodded. “That’s good to know. I sure don’t want to go through another six weeks of.... of...” he broke off, frowning. “Wait a second. You just said bonds. ‘They’re’ permanent. As in, plural. More than one.” He felt Venus stiffen against him, opening her eyes.

“Ah. Um, never mind that,” she said easily, turning her head to the side. “Just a slip of the tongue.”

“Uh huh,” Parker said, frowning. He sat up, causing Venus to slide down onto the bed. “Look, Venus, I’d thought by this point we were past the need for secrets and deceptions. You just said you felt safe with me, right?” She sighed softly. “C’mon. Spill. Whatever it is, it can’t be worse than the crap we’ve already gone through, right?”

Venus stared at him for a long moment, then finally relented. “Okay. There is something I’ve been holding back. It’s nothing bad... at least not for you,” she said sullenly, shaking her head. “You know the, um... tryst, the three of us shared, that restored the bond between you and Veronica?” He nodded. “Well... it seems that I... sort of bonded myself to you and Roni as well in the process,” she said in a rush, cheeks coloring with the admission. “So now I have the same feelings of love and affection towards both of you that’s almost as potent as what you feel towards each other,” she finished awkwardly.

Parker nodded, taking a moment to digest her words. “I see. And, you said this bonding thing was permanent this time?” She nodded. “Huh. Well... I guess that explains a few things,” he said ruefully. “And, for what it’s worth, Venus... that bond you feel towards Roni and me? It runs both ways.” Venus blinked in surprise.

“Wait. You mean... you... and she? You both feel...”

In response, Parker pulled her in for a kiss, deep and passionate, leaving her dazed and breathless. “Yes. We’re both in love with you too, babe,” he replied with a smirk. “Frankly, I’m kind of glad. Roni and I both felt this was since last night. It’s been driving me nuts trying to figure out if I was crazy, or if you’d done something to us to make us this way.” Seeing her expression, he quickly added, “I meant the whole ‘obedient lovestruck slave’ thing, not this. As long as it’s not one-sided, then yeah, I have no problem being attracted to you.”

Kissing her again, he rose to his feet, not bothering to get dressed. “Okay. Obviously, we’re going to need to talk about this, figure out how things are going to work from now on. But Roni should be involved in this too, Hang tight, and I’ll go get her. I’ll also grab us something to drink as well,” he said with a smirk. “I don’t know about you, but I did work up a bit of a sweat earlier.”

Venus relaxed at that, laughing as a release of tension. It was going to be okay. Somehow, despite everything, despite all the bad blood and history between them, this was going to work out. Damn. Me... falling in love with a mortal. Or rather, two mortals. I guess life can still surprise me after all...

* * *

“We’re here. This is it. Are you ready?”

Chloe frowned, considering. “I suppose I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. I’ve kind of been ‘on the bench’ for the past twenty years, you know... I’m probably a bit rusty. And just from what my electropathic senses are telling me, their alarm system is intense. Eugene Frasier’s technology is no joke. If I slip up for even a microsecond, the entire alarm panel will light up like a Christmas tree.”

Rose placed a hand on her blonde friend’s shoulder. “It’s okay, Chloe. I know you can do this. Just relax and focus, okay? And, even if you DO set off the alarm, it’s nothing that we can’t handle.” She chuckled ruefully. “I mean, It’s not like we’re sneaking into the Anaesthetist’s lair or anything. If we get caught, the worst we’ll have to deal with is a severe tongue lashing from the occupants.”

Chloe rolled her eyes, as she activated her Neuroweave costume. “Yes, well, considering that the occupant of said house has sonic powers, getting yelled out might be a bit more uncomfortable than you think.”

Smirking, Ghost Girl activated her costume as well, extending her hand to take her partner’s. “Okay. Just give the word once you’re set, and I’ll phase us through the walls.”

“Roger that,” Discharge replied, closing her eyes, focusing, spreading her senses outward. In her mind’s eye, she could see the intricate crisscrossed latticework of electrical signals running through the manor house before them. Her razor sharp mind was able to trace each line back to its source, ignoring the unimportant ones, focusing instead on the sensors to the various alarm systems protecting the mansion. A quick and careful probe confirmed her earlier suspicions: several of the power signals were being transmitted to dummy circuits, intermingled and intertwined with actual live circuits, making it nearly impossible to tell which was which.

Nearly impossible being the operative term.

“Got it,” Discharge said, a deep frown on her face, sweat beginning to form on her forehead from the effort. “We have a ten-second window. Go now!”

Rosella nodded silently, walking forward, her body passing through stone and wood, sliding seamlessly through the spaces between the spaces as she entered the Albinn house. Jerking slightly, she gently pulled Chloe through as well, her partner shuddering slightly, still not accustomed to the sensation of walking through solid matter. Fully inside, she shifted her powers slightly, rendering them solid once more but invisible. “Let’s head to the basement,” she whispered softly, knowing they had a few more seconds of freedom from electronic sensors but concerned about Parker’s inhuman hearing. “If she’s being held here, that’s the most likely place.”

A careful and quiet exploration of the layout revealed the basement door. Pausing just outside, Rose drew back, frowning at the sound of voices speaking. Taking a deep breath, focusing her power on making them invisible AND intangible, she carefully brought her and Chloe through the doorway, landing just inside the foyer of what was apparently some kind of sex dungeon. Huh. Guess Albinn’s a lot kinkier than he lets on, she mused silently, stepping around the corner to where the room’s occupants were... drawing to a stunned halt at the sight of her goddess, naked, lying between an equally naked Parker and Veronica Albinn, laughing, talking, and... sipping wine?!?

“...not really so sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, really,” Venus was saying, shaking her head ruefully. “But it is what it is. Part of the way in which I bonded you to Veronica must have stuck with me, in that I tend to get... submissive with you. At least somewhat,” she said, coloring lightly.

“Wait! Wait for a second,” Parker said, grinning wickedly. “So, basically, you’re saying that you’re my slave now? You’ll do whatever I tell you to?”

“No,” Venus replied coldly, giving him a look that banished all the humor from his face. “I am in no way, shape, or form imaginable your slave. I said I feel submissive towards you, that’s all. If you asked me to do something for you, I’d likely do so out of an intense affection for you. If you tried to command me to do something, I’d kick you in the balls so hard they’d shoot out your nostrils.”

Parker blinked. “Um. Okay. Duly noted. Thank you for clearing that up.”

Venus chuckled, her good mood restored. “That said... I have no problem with you showing a bit of dominance in the bedroom... from time to time. I actually kind of enjoy it.” She rolled over onto her stomach, wiggling her ample butt enticingly. “So, Parker... why don’t you show me how you punish your naughty little goddess—”

“WHAT THE FUCK?!?”

With a gasp, Parker, Veronica, and Venus whirled around, staring in shock at the two intruders, Rose and Chloe, who had seemingly appeared out of thin air. “C... C-Chloe? Rosella?” Venus murmured in shock. “Ho... how did you... what are you doing here?”

Rose stared at her goddess, her mistress, the woman she’d devoted herself to serving, tears streaming down her cheeks, fury etched on her face. “What am I doing here?” she asked, softly in disbelief. “What am I doing here? What the hell are YOU doing here?!? Getting your freak on? Playing nice with the enemy?” she shouted, glaring heatedly at Parker. “We tracked you down... checking with old contacts, beating every bush just to find you! We came here to rescue you! We THOUGHT you were being held here against your will... captured by the man you’d declared your enemy... the man you sent Chloe and me to kill on your behalf just a few weeks ago!” Venus winced. “What are we doing here?” Rose said softly, shaking her head, activating her powers once more, causing her and Chloe to fade from sight. “I... honestly don’t know anymore.”

“Rosella! Rosella! Wait!” Venus called after them. “Dammit,” she swore, grabbing her blouse and skirt, slipping them on. “Huh. Times like this I wish I were on better terms with your friend Frasier and had one of those blasted quick-dressing costumes you all love so much...”

“You want me to go after them?” Parker asked, grabbing his own clothes.

“No,” Venus said softly with a shake of her head. “This is my mess. I need to clean it up. I planned to track them both down eventually... I’d actually intended to do so before I came back to River City... until I got side tracked with dealing with the Clan hunting your daughter.” She sighed. “I knew they were both safe and sound back in Crescent City, and I thought they could wait a few more days... but apparently, I should have made the time to reconnect with them.”

“Well,” Parker said with a soft smile, “no time like the present. They’re both pretty pissed. But hell, if you could get ME to forgive you, then getting the two of them to forgive you should be a pushover.”

Venus nodded. “We’ll see. For now, I guess I’d better go stop them before they get too far...”