The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Like A Siren’s Song (part 5)

Day 8

The next day, we both pretended like the night before hadn’t happened. It was clearly on both of our minds, though. We just sort of puttered around, not doing a lot, and kind of avoiding each other. We turned on the TV for a while, and he said he was going to go online and make his reservations to go home. I asked him when he was going to leave, almost dreading the answer. When he told me Sunday morning, I was a little relieved; at least he wasn’t rushing to get away from me. “Two more nights,” I thought to myself.

I got some chores done around the house, while he got online to deal with some work-related issues, and make some phone calls. At some point my mom called me, so I decided I’d better just suck it up and fib to her, before she started to worry that I wasn’t answering my phone calls. I kept it as short as possible.

Inside, I was thinking about how we were wasting our precious time together, yet neither of us seemed to want to break the ice. He spent quite a bit of time catching up on what work he could from a distance, without any of his files.

When he finished, he suddenly seemed happier. The mood of earlier was lifted, and he was animated. He pointed out that we’d not showered today and should get to it. I was surprised, but went with it. We showered, and he told me we were going out for the evening. I asked him where and he refused to say, but his eyes were twinkling. Smiling, I told him that I could just sing and MAKE him tell me. David said he knew I could, but he also knew I wouldn’t. He was right, of course.

“Will you at least tell me how I should dress?” I asked him.

He told me to just dress nicely.

Men! Honestly, they just don’t get it sometimes. I threw on my robe, and decided that since we didn’t have a lot of time left together I may as well look nice. I went through my closet and found a pretty black skirt and a pink top to go with it. I laid them out and went about doing my hair and makeup. As I so often do at times that I dress up even a little (and I don’t do it often), I flipped on “Material Girl” to help pep me up for my task.

I got out my makeup and found a shade of lipstick that went well with the top. I added some blush and eye shadow. I’m not really one to wear makeup as a rule. Satisfied I went about fixing my hair. I brushed it out until it shined and pulled it back from my eyes with a large barrette. I put on my neutral colored hose and put on my skirt and top. I slipped on a pair of pumps with just enough of a heel to give me a small lift without making me feel wobbly on my feet. I ventured out into the family room, suddenly feeling a little nervous.

“You look absolutely lovely,” he said, with admiration in his voice. I could feel myself starting to blush and had no idea what to say, so I took in his appearance instead. He was wearing the nice shirt and khaki pants he’d bought the other day. He looked incredibly handsome, and I could feel myself melting. He pulled me in close and we kissed softly, lingering, neither of us wanting it to end.

“How is it you have made all these plans, when you don’t even know your way around?” I asked curiously.

He smiled mysteriously, and asked me if he could drive tonight. I handed him my car keys, and off we went.

I noted he didn’t seem to be following any directions, and commented on that.

“I have them up here,” he said pointing to his head.

We arrived at a little restaurant that I’d never been to before. The inside was somewhat dimly lit, a candle lit on every table. There was a dance floor and a little stage, no doubt for a band to play. It seemed very cozy and romantic. David asked for a table near the dance floor, and ordered us a bottle of white wine. We sipped on it for a while, not really talking, just looking at each other. I was sighing happily inside, while the more realistic part of me was dreading him leaving.

Since it was a Friday night, people started to filter in, and we ordered our dinner. David got up, and said he’d be back in a minute. Next thing I knew, he was on the stage with a microphone in his hand. It was then I realized they were doing karaoke here. I looked up at the stage with curiosity, wondering what he was going to sing. I recognized the song as soon as the first few bars were played.

Oh...
I just wanted you to comfort me
When I called you late last night you see
I was fallin’ into love
Yes, I was crashin’ into love
Oh, of all the words you sang to me
About life, the truth and being free, yeah
You sang to me, oh how you sang to me
Girl, I live for how you make me feel
So I question all this being real
’Cause I’m not afraid to love
For the first time I’m not afraid of love
Oh, this day seems made for you and me
And you showed me what life needs to be
Yeah, you sang to me, oh you sang to me
All the while you were in front of me I never realized
I just can’t believe I didn’t see it in your eyes
I didn’t see it, I can’t believe it
Oh, but I feel it
When you sing to me
How I long to hear you sing beneath the clear blue skies
And I promise you this time I’ll see it in your eyes
I didn’t see it, I can’t believe it
Oh but I feel it
When you sing to me
Just to think you live inside of me
I had no idea how this could be
Now I’m crazy for your love
Can’t believe I’m crazy for your love
Oh. of all the words you sang to me
And you showed me where I wanna be
Yeah, you sang to me, oh you sang to me

He continued to sing the rest of the song, which were several refrains of the chorus. His voice really had a pleasant sound to it, but I don’t think it would have mattered how he sounded. I felt my eyes starting to tear up, I tried to hold it back but one tear escaped down my cheek. Everyone applauded as he finished up but I couldn’t even do that, I could do nothing but look at him.

David put the microphone down and walked back to our table. He extended his hand out to me. “Shall we dance?” he asked. Nodding, I took his hand and our bodies melted together as Faith Hill’s “Breathe” started to play. “Aren’t you going to sing to me Becky?” he whispered as we swayed to the music.

“I can’t,” I barely choked out. I shivered as he kissed my neck and we danced to the rest of the song.

“I wanted to give you a Cinderella evening in honor of the fairy tale we’ve been living,” David whispered in my ear.

We sat down as our dinner arrived. I had a very hard time eating, as I was too full of emotion to have any room for food. When we finished, David paid the check and drove us home.

Once there, it was now his turn to rifle through the CD’s. Finding one he liked he put it in. “Please sing this one to me,” he requested. I stared at him, trying to find my voice. “Come on,” he persuaded.

I could feel my voice cracking a bit but I sang anyway:

Dance with me
I want to be your partner
Can’t you see, the music is just starting
Night is calling, and I am falling
Dance with me

I was a little surprised when he didn’t immediately start dancing with me, but I continued to sing anyway while he watched me. I sang the whole song, and he never danced with me. I tried to hide my surprise, but was not sure if I succeeded.

He took my hand, and lead me to the bedroom. He kissed me, and we melted together. His touches were soft and gentle, as he slowly undressed me. He slowly kissed and caressed me as he undressed me, taking his time to let me enjoy each sensation his lips and hands brought my body. I touched him in return, taking real care to explore his sensitive areas, the places that made him shiver. Tonight we made love in every sense of the word and everything felt so right. I fell asleep feeling perfectly happy.

The Last Day

I woke up to find our bodies intertwined with each other, my head on his shoulder. I slowly recalled awakening in the middle of the night and waking him up too. We’d made love again, and fallen asleep like this. Today was Saturday, and David was going to leave tomorrow. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks and it was almost like a physical hurt. Without realizing I was doing it, I pulled away from him, waking him up in the process. He reached out to bring me back to him, and I pushed the thoughts away for the time being, as we made love again.

We showered together and got dressed. We ate breakfast in relative silence, he seemed to want to say something but didn’t. Putting on the TV for a while, we snuggled up, holding tight as though we both knew we’d have to let go soon. I finally got up the nerve to ask him when he was leaving tomorrow. He told me he had a 9:15am flight out, as he needed to go and get a few things in order before returning to work Monday. I nodded, feeling a lump developing in my throat. I knew he was leaving; I’m not sure why knowing when made that big of a difference. I choked back the lump and smiled, saying I’d make sure to get him to the airport on time.

I curled back up into his arms and we just sat there. I wasn’t sure how I was going to let go. How could I become so attached to someone in a week? Suddenly, I couldn’t imagine my days without him. I knew it was crazy, not rational, and I knew I felt it anyway. At some point, I told him I needed to use the bathroom, but I closed the door. My irrational mind began to think of how I could stop this. My songs were the answer, of course, and I knew which one to sing. I knew he’d hear me wherever I sang, so I just softly sang to myself because any louder I might cry. Olivia Newton John had sung it in “Xanadu” and it had worked for her, why not me?

A child and a fool in one
So sure I could need no one
My heart always on the run, to nowhere
Now as you’re holding me
My heart is reminding me
That now I could never be, without you
But how can our love succeed
A miracle is what we need
And so I appeal to you
To keep me suspended in time with you
Don’t let this moment die
I get a feeling when I’m with you
None of the rules apply
But I know for certain
Goodbye is a crime
So love if you need me
Suspend me in time

I was kneeling by the bed, singing softly into it and I felt the tears coming. I could not finish the rest of the song, as my body became wracked with sobs. I did not even hear the door open, I just felt David kneeling beside me with his arms wrapped around me.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” he whispered softly. I could not answer. “You don’t want me to go, is that it?” I still couldn’t answer him. “I don’t want to go either, but it will be easier to go if you come with me.”

I stared at him, not believing what he was saying. “You aren’t working right now, there is no reason you can’t come spend a little time with me. I will have to work during the day, but you can take me to work so you have a car, and come get me for lunch and spend time exploring if you want, or whatever you want to do. Just come with me, please.”

I felt my face starting to form a smile. It all seemed so easy, and logical. Go with him, extend our time together. For a moment I was happy, and then reality sank in. “This is because of the song, I know it is. I can’t go with you.” Now it was his turn to be disbelieving.

“What do you mean? Because of what song? Why won’t you come with me?”

“You know what song. I was desperately trying to think of a way to make our time together last longer and so I sang, ‘Suspended In Time,’ and that’s why you asked me to go with you, but there is no point to it. What do you think is going to happen to me when this ‘spell’ ends? You’ll go on with your life, and I’m going to be left with all these feelings, and I want no part of it!” I said, everything spilling out in a rush.

He opened his mouth to speak, and I stopped him. “The fact is, this week has been wonderful, special, romantic, and magical but that is JUST IT. It’s not real, and it never was. The fact is, happily ever after doesn’t exist, fairy tales aren‘t real, and Cinderella endings only happen at Disney World! There was no spell cast on me, my feelings are real, and they are still going to be there once you are gone. I’m sorry I sang the song in a weak moment, but you just need to go and we need to forget this ever happened. I believe whatever happened to you is going to end, and you’ll be fine.”

For a moment he just looked at me, kneeling beside me searching for what to say. Then he whispered, “It’s already ended, Becky.”

I didn’t understand what he meant. “What do you mean, it’s already ended?” I asked, exasperated.

“I mean the spell is broken, and whatever that song is you were talking about, well I never heard you singing it. I’ve been wanting to tell you, but I wasn’t sure how. The other night, when we saw the shooting star, I could just feel that it was gone. Just to be sure though, I asked you to…”

I interrupted him, “You asked me to sing the ‘Dance With Me’ song.” I remembered how he hadn’t danced with me, and it had surprised me. “That was yesterday when….” Slowly, understanding set in. “What was last night about, then?”

“Last night was me trying to tell you about the affect this has had on me. The spell may be broken, but the spell you’ve cast on my heart is still very much intact, and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. This happened for a reason, I’m thinking we wished for something similar on the first star and that caused this. It brought us together and now it’s time for us to find out what’s there without the ‘magic.’ I think I am falling in love with you, but time together is the best way for us to find out, so please come with me!” he said, as he pleaded with his voice and his eyes.

I let the impact of his words settle in for a moment. This was coming from him, not because he felt like he had to, but because he wanted to. He wanted to continue exploring this relationship, not due to a compulsion out of his control, but because he cared about me as a person. Something real had come from one magical moment and like him, I had to know what it was.

“I think I’m falling in love with you too,” I whispered. “Of course I’m coming with you.”

“That’s good, because I already bought your ticket,” he said with a mixture of amusement and relief in his voice.

“Awfully sure of yourself, aren’t you?” I asked, teasingly. He just grinned at me. “So you will no longer do what I sing huh?”

“Nope,” was his simple answer.

I asked him to stand up and I did the same. Eyes twinkling, I said, “So, if I sang, say, ‘You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in, and you shake it all about,’ you’d feel no compulsion to do it, eh?”

“Not a bit,” he answered with his feet planted firmly on the ground.

“If I sang, ‘Kiss me too fiercely,’ you wouldn’t have to do it?” I said, smiling.

“I don’t HAVE to do it, which doesn’t mean I don’t want to.” He pulled me in closely and kissed me, as we went tumbling down to the bed.

“One thing, dear,” I said. “I’m afraid I pack more heavily for trips than you apparently do, so I will need some packing time tonight.”

“Are you sure you’ll need clothes,” he asked, with a wicked grin on his face. “I may not let you leave my place after all. Are you ready for this adventure?”

I nodded and he spoke again. “Just think, on the plane ride tomorrow you can tell me all about this crush you had on me in high school.” I groaned, and told him I hoped he’d forgotten about that conversation. “Oh no, not at all,” he grinned as he kissed me passionately.

Epilogue

The next day, we took a cab to the airport, with my suitcase fully packed. As we got to the airport, a thought suddenly occurred to me. “Exactly when did you book my return ticket?” I asked, curiously.

“I knew I forgot something,” David said with a grin.