The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Standard disclaimers: This story may not be posted or sold anywhere without the permission of this author and any such postings must include this notice, and credit for authorship. This is a work of fiction, and any similarity to real people would be just plain odd.

This one is homage to all those wonderful golden age horror movies. Happy Halloween, and thanks for reading.

Thanks as always to JHB for rendering my scratchings into a legible form.

FBH
* * *

Lovely, Dark and Deep

“Chyort voz’mi”, The blonde Sighle muttered, looking up at the sky through the trees.

“You shouldn’t speak that way, Sighle”, Mriya scolded, not on this night, at least.”

“It’ll be dark soon,” Sighle said, “and when the demons come your virgin lips will whore themselves to the first profanity that offers a warm place for the night.”

“Sighle …” Mriya sighed; I know it’s late but …”

“Look at the sky,” Sighle stopped and faced Mriya angrily. Although the forest prevented a view of the mountains to the west, the sun had almost certainly sunk behind them by now. “First the old crone was having a harvest tea in the garden, which turned into a fete, and hours of scrubbing up, and here we are: it’s getting dark and we’re hours from home.”

“Sighle, please,” Mriya started walking again, “The Countess …”

“The bitch doesn’t care,” Sighle stormed on, following her friend. “She could have sent us home and had us come back to clean tomorrow … she could have offered us one of the empty servant rooms for the night … she could have had one of her coachmen take us home … but here we are … she’s a bitch.”

“Sighle …” Mriya trailed off, knowing it was useless. It would indeed be dark all too soon, and they would be hours afterward getting home.

“But look at you,” Sighle switched to a teasing tone: “white serving gown, pure as snow … surprised the old crow didn’t tear it off and send you home dressed in a sack, or, knowing her, decide she can’t spare you a sack, either. There’ll be no hiding for you when the moon rises … and, with the stories people tell of these woods …”

Mriya fought the urge to shiver. It scared her, but she didn’t want to show her friend. She had grown up listening to the stories, now half-remembered, of men being torn apart in the night by ghouls—some said pantera—she-demons freed from their otherworld when the moon turned the big lake to quicksilver in the fall night. Mriya crossed herself and mouthed a quiet prayer.

Sighle laughed, having seen. “That’s why I love you.”

As they walked, the sky turned from a crisp, fall blue to a deeper hue, and the branches on the bare trees were set with a hint of fire, until, gradually, the light faded from the world. Even while the sky above was still lit, the forest had long since gone black, made the blacker by the difference, and then it was night as the last brightness bled from the sky.

“Did you hear that?” Mriya moved a little closer to Sighle as she looked over her shoulder for at least the sixth time. There had been a fluttering sound among the trees which was probably just an early owl, or a late bird.

Then they both heard it, a cry, like that of a child, echoing through the woods.

“I heard that,” Sighle said, as both stopped, listening.

The sound came again, this time seeming close by, off to their left through the solid wall of night. “A child,” Mriya said in a whisper, “a baby,” she looked around them, unconsciously holding her friend’s arm.

“It can’t be,” Sighle sounded more confident than she was. The sound was indeed like that of a small child, crying in the night. “What would a child be doing out here?”

“We need to …” Mriya trailed off as the sound came to them again, slightly more distant. She knew what she had been about to say, knew that it was the right thing to do, but somewhere between knowing and saying, her voice had failed her.

“It must be something else,” Sighle said.

“Sighle,” Mriya tried again, “a child out there in the forest, like us, scared, but alone, a child … it’s awful.”

The sound came to them again, drifting through the trees, calling to their minds images of a little one, wandering out there in the dark, terrified, lost. “You’re right, Mriya,” Sighle patted her friend’s arm and began leading the way. “We need to.”

They stumbled off the road and into the deep forest, soon in front of them the sky, which had begun to lighten, burst with the rise of a full moon, and the glint as it shone upon a wide, watery surface, silhouetting the shadows of trees. Somehow, in the presence of light, the woods seemed even more dark, and the shadows all the more frightening.

There was a rustling of sound nearby to their left, and at the same time a cloud drifted in front of the moon, cloaking the sky in black, and the world in complete darkness once again. The two moved on regardless, as to keep walking at least kept their fears a little bit at bay. The sounds in the forest seemed louder though as the darkness closed over them.

The sound came to them again, closer this time as they broke into the clear, among the boulders and tangled logs of the big lake. The rising moon reemerged from its hiding and its light gave a ghostly glow to the world as it flickered off the glassy water while a mist tried to rise and shadows stretched colorlessly from everywhere. The sound was closer, very close, and they both saw it at once, first a shadow of motion, and then a shape, and their hearts froze with fear.

Shrinking down behind a tangle of shore-wood and rocks, they peered cautiously at the shape.

It was a cat, huge and a black deeper than the nearby wall of the nightfallen woods, and looking in their direction. Sighle backed up, sliding her body with her hands and legs, followed closely by Mriya. Suddenly she stopped, shaking in terror as her hands pushed against something; something wet … something still warm.

She stifled a scream as the big cat seemed to float among the rocks and ghostly-gray logs toward them. Then it paused, and the sound came to them again, this time from far away, and the cat just stood there, sniffing the air.

The cat let out a cry of its own, the sound chilling them to their souls. That was the sound they’d heard, like that of an infant, but distorted. Their blood went cold, as the animal’s huge teeth flashed in the moonlight, a hint of something dark dangling from its lips, showing it had just recently killed; then it bounded, standing briefly atop a boulder, and disintegrating under the shroud of the forest.

Slowly Sighle turned around; her hands rising in front of her face, covered with what could only be blood. She let out a faint squeak, looking down at the torn body of a man she could only barely see.

“Sighle …” Mriya’s words fell away from her as her eyes came upon the sight.

Sighle stood, forgetting about the danger they’d just seen, and stumbled to the water’s edge, kneeling and wringing her hands together in the water while sobs came quietly from her lips. Slowly, she stopped washing and looked. The Moon shone in a perfect circle, rippling on the water in front of her—no, glowing from within the water itself. As her eyes were drawn in, the circle became two shining orbs, like gleaming gems sparkling into her. She was drawn in as she watched the gems become two beautiful eyes, calling her, reaching out to her, pulling her in. Her mind slowed down, forgetting the night, forgetting the world. All that was was the two wonderful eyes, and the kiss she now felt on her lips, at once like a blade of ice, slicing its way through her soul and burning fire, lighting its heat deep into her most secret places.

“Sighle?” the voice behind her broke the spell and she rose, turning to see her friend, her face ashen as she looked between Sighle and the body on the ground. “Sighle?”

More of the terrible cries sounded in the night, coming from several directions at once. “We should go.” Sighle said, pulling Mriya by the arm. Slowly the two moved, Mriya taking one last look at the body on the ground. Sighle felt it through her, the cries chilled her, but there was something else, a feeling she couldn’t place. She just needed to go, to get out.

Mriya stumbled in the darkness, being half-dragged by Sighle. It seemed she couldn’t see anything. Sighle, on the other hand, had always been stronger, and led the pair directly to the road.

Some of the cries were close by now, seeming to move with them from the deep of the woods. They don’t sound like a child, Sighle thought, they sound like a taunt, like laughter goading the loser in a race. The sound stirred other things in her, new things which she didn’t understand, but which scared her anyway. She tugged all the harder at Mriya’s arm, leading her faster through the night.

“Wait!” suddenly Sighle thrust Mriya into a thick stand of young trees and bushes enclosed by several large boulders.

“Wha …” Mriya started, but Sighle’s hand over her moth silenced her. They both held their breath as a shape slowly emerged from the darkness down the path, coming toward them. Soon they could see it clearly as a huge black cat. It seemed to drink in the darkness as it came forward, creating a ghostly light around it, but, like the moonlight, devoid of color.

Then its eyes turned directly toward the two friends and they could see their green glint clearly. The cat moved slowly, gracefully forward, gathering the darkness about it, until it was like a cloud, engulfing the cat and changing shape until the cloud became flesh. A tall, regal woman strode confidently forward, leaving the cloud of black behind to fall away into the night. Robes of red and black weaving and forming about her from thin air as she went, her green eyes flashed as she smiled in their direction and stopped walking. The woman turned to face where the two were hidden, as if her green eyes could pry away the dark, and the obscuring branches to see everything that was unseen.

“Moya sestra,” the woman spoke, and then from her mouth came a cry like those before, a sound that chilled the girls all the more, as it was something that seemed impossible for human lips to form. From the forest bounded two more of the cats, who stood patiently beside the woman.

“There’s no need to fear,” the woman said, her voice deep, almost soft and very commanding.

Mriya looked at Sighle, whose face had gone slack, and saw her head moving slowly back and forth, as if to some hidden music.

“Seiran, Nastassja,” the woman said, causing the two big cats to sit attentively at either side of her. “They obey,” she continued, patting each fondly on the head, “It is wonderful to obey.” Mriya trembled with fright seeing her friend start to rise.

No! she mouthed, soundlessly, pulling the blank-faced Sighle back to her and wrapping her arms around tight.

The woman smiled, “Yes, Sighle, my child, it feels so good to obey, doesn’t it?” Sighle trembled in Mriya’s hold, but didn’t break free. “I am Irena, Queen of this place, and all those who come here obey me.” Each note of every word slid huskily from her lips and sang with power. Mriya shivered, feeling Sighle try faintly to rise. Her smile widened in the moonlight as she licked her red lips, slowly. “All who come here will obey.”

Then turning away, she began walking and darkness swallowed around her again in a cloud of impossible black. Three huge cats disappeared into the forest at the other side of the road.

“Sighle?” Mriya looked down at her friend, who stared blankly back at her, trembling. Slowly, a strange glow started to fill Sighle’s eyes.

“Run,” Sighle’s mouth whispered as her body convulsed. Mriya sat wide-eyed as her friend’s eyes fell deeper to the green glow that held them- held her in their power. She couldn’t move, and it took her mind slow seconds to be aware that Sighle’s face had risen to hers, and more before it was too late to react to her kiss. Mriya’s mind swam as her lips were captured, and then squeezed, by Sighle’s, her bottom lip held tightly, but gently between the front teeth of her friend, her mind was swept away.

A cry in the night shook her awareness: the wild cry of the huge cats, echoing through the night filled her ears, filled her soul, and she pushed her friend away, backing as she did until her back rested against a tree.

Sighle stretched out languidly, her skin pale in the moonlight. Her feet pushed at the ground as her body began a snake-like undulation and her hands pawed and clawed at her body. Moans escaped her mouth as her hands found her breasts through her clothes. Breath came in violent pants, spaced by moans and exhausted sighs, rising in puffs of vapor from her glistening lips.

Mriya watched, helpless, as Sighle gasped one final time and her body arched upward toward the distant moon, and then settled back to the ground. Breathing slowly, she turned over, her sparkling green eyes fixed on Mriya. “Mriya,” Sighle breathed, each syllable sliding between her lips like hot oil and smoke. She began to crawl toward her terrified friend, legs pushing her back up and swaying sensually as she came forward. The darkness gathered about her body as she let out a low, rumbling growl, and then a blood-freezing cry to answer the rest. Like a cloud made alive, the darkness swept about her, hiding her from view, and to Mriya’s shocked eyes became her, and from the solid darkness emerged a cat, black as the blackest black, still moving slowly toward her. “Mriya,” an unearthly voice kissed the air.

Mriya ran, she ran like she’d never ran from anything before, not seeing the road or heeding the darkness of the woods, or the sounds around her. The forest became more broken as she neared settlements, open areas of moonlight-grayed farm and pasture spread at either side, separated by thick stands of forest. The moon with its uncaring, cold light shone down upon her as she passed a darkened gate and a house came into view.

Feeling unsteady and feverish, Mriya stumbled and fell to the ground, just inside the gate, her body giving out underneath her. A moan escaped her lips as she looked up at the darkened house and she could go no further. Her body arched and convulsed and she barely heard the cat-cries and howls from behind, deep in the forest. She began crawling toward the door as a candle appeared inside. Her body shook again as the door opened and her hands found her breasts, kneading and clawing. Her mind swam in a sea of darkness as the world spun away. There was a scream, and a howl, and then there was only dark.

Sighle stopped at the foot of the walk, looking up to the house and seeing a huge cat come walking slowly outside, silhouetted by a dim candle somewhere inside on the floor. The cat came forward, gathering darkness about it in a cloud, and then Mriya emerged from the cloud, a smile on her pale face and a trace of red on her lips as her white gown formed itself around her.

“Moya sestra,” Mriya breathed, disappearing into the deep forest night with her friend.