The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Melt Down

by J. Darksong

ch. 3) Draw The Line

So. I was in a bit of a quandary now. I had, obviously, screwed up. Doc Snow had told me to do one thing after our meeting—to stay home and not go out looking for trouble. And, well, I hadn’t exactly gone looking for trouble or anything, not really; it was more a case of trouble finding ME. And really, if anything, I should be commended for trying to rescue and friend and teammate that was in trouble. Although... I would likely be reprimanded for not calling for backup and letting anyone know what was going on instead of going after Paper Doll all by myself.

And now, here I was, back home again, safe and sound. But with a head full of crossed wires. I literally could not remember how I got home last night. Worse, I had no idea what that woman had done to me, what she’d put in my hand, or forced me to say and do. Sure, I was in my own right mind at the moment... such as it was. But I was under no illusions. A phone call, an image on TV, a sight or sound, or smell, and BAM! I could be whammied right back into zombieland.

My first instinct was to contact Dr. Snow and tell her what had happened and ask her to clean up the mess I’d made of my brain yet again. But... without knowing what I’d told my captor, I might very well end up acting like a Trojan horse, delivering a booby trap to ensnare her and take her down. After all, other than me, she was the only one who knew what was going on, that someone was out there enslaving people, civilians, law enforcement, even Supers, and using them to do her dirty work. That meant she was a threat to the bad guys... presuming I’d revealed everything to my hypnotic Mistress while under her control.

Dammit, Hannah! You screwed this up royally because you act without thinking! I berated myself. The Albinns have beat it into your head enough times by now that you’d think it was imprinted on your brain—THINK before you act! Well, you didn’t think... and now you’re that latex fetish woman’s bitch! But if you’re gonna get out of this mess in one piece, you’re gonna have to start using your brains! And that starts right now!

I spent the next several minutes searching through my house, looking for the tools I needed to aid me. It wasn’t fun; I was extremely paranoid that in my searching I might accidentally see something that would trigger me and put me back into slave mode once again. When I finally found my mom’s old cassette recorder, I let out a deep sigh of relief.

You see, I had something of a plan. Maybe not the BEST plan, but considering the situation and what was at stake, I didn’t have much of a choice. Making a short but detailed recording, I tested it a few times, adjusted the length a bit, re-recorded to fix a couple of mistakes, then retested it. And finally, when I was ready, I walked into the bathroom, set the recorder on the side, pressed play... then, staring directly into the mirror, summoned up my power.

“Pinnacle Stare!”

I gasped, then sagged slightly, my mind and body going numb, my mind-numbing blast reflecting back at me, sweeping away all my thoughts, leaving my mind open and empty. For a moment there was nothing... just hollow vacant emptiness. Nothingness. Peace. Bliss.

And then a voice began to speak. My voice.

“Okay, Hannah. Listen closely and pay attention. You are hypnotized right now. Deeply hypnotized, As you stare into your reflection, staring deeper and deeper into your own eyes, you will find yourself sinking deeper and deeper into trance. Deeper... deeper... your will dissolving away, like mist on the breeze. Leaving you completely open and obedient.”

“Open,” I said simply. “Obedient.”

“Good girl, Hannah. Now... listen and obey. My voice is the only voice you hear, the voice you must obey. Now... I want you to think back, back to last night, to the day you met with Dr. Eva Snow. The day you saw your friend and partner Paper Doll and followed her. Now... you will remember everything that happened that day, every encounter, every word spoken, every detail. You will not obey or react to any commands given in that memory, including the command to forget. You will not act on any of those instructions, But you will remember them all.”

“Yes. Remember. Remember them all.”

“Very good, Hannah. Now, I’m going to snap my fingers, and you will awaken with all the memories that you’d been hypnotized to forget restored. Ready? One. Two. Three!”

SNAP!

I blinked rapidly, momentarily disoriented by my surroundings, until the command kicked in, and I remembered what I was doing. Then... I remembered everything.

All of it.

Including the parts that Doc Snow hadn’t yet revealed to me during our last session.

“Ohhh... fuck me,” I groaned softly, slumping, hanging my head against the porcelain sink. I guess the old saying is really true. Ignorance is bliss. I now remembered what had happened to me after Splash, Sunbeam, and I had been drugged and loaded into the back of that van. We’d been taken to the home of the evil latex bitch that I’d encountered again yesterday. The bitch whose name I now knew—Dominatress. I even remembered her file—a minor villainess from back in the day, with powers of hypnosis and mesmerism, and a penchant for S&M. She’d been in jail off and on for a number of years, only making an occasional menace of herself. For all her bravado, she was not really much of a threat, with only normal human level strength, stamina and speed. Her only real talents lay in her hypnotic abilities, and her penchant for having others do her dirty work for her.

When I’d come to that first time, I’d found myself chained up in pretty much the same position I’d found myself in last night, only with an angry Splash and Sunbeam chained up on either side of me. When Dominatress showed herself, we yelled, we screamed, we threatened and cursed a blue streak, but she merely stood by, calm and collected, letting us wear ourselves down. Then she revealed the ring that the officers had taken from us, snugly held on her finger. A simple word and a glance, and Sunbeam was out like a light. A snap of her fingers and Splash was down for the count. I can admit it, now, after the fact... but I was freaked the fuck out. With me, all she did was nod her head, and just that easy, I was dropping into a deep dreamless hypnotic sleep.

It was all just an experiment, really. The ring she’d obtained had belonged to Madame Mysterio, another hypnotic villainess of note. It was widely believed that that ring was magical, that it enhanced and increased a person’s hypnotic abilities to impossible levels. And that we heroines were notoriously difficult to control, with the last minute heroics, and breaking free with a surge of willpower, and all that. She’d figured enslaving us to her will, making us commit crimes for her, return with the goods, then returning to our normal lives without any memory of our misdeeds, would be the ultimate test of her newly enhanced skills.

And, considering the memories of the past several weeks of robbed stores and banks the three of us had pulled, I would have to call her experiment a success.

It also explained how Paper Doll had gotten involved in all of this. Ironically, her story was a near perfect reenactment for what happened to me yesterday. She’d apparently been out with a friend in her civvies and spotting me breaking into the bank on Northwest and Third. I’d spotted her tailing me, though, and shortly before reaching Mistress’ lair, I doubled back and got the drop on her. One Pinnacle Stare later, and she was dazed and pliant enough for me to take her to Dominatress, a little bonus to the other treasures I’d brought her.

Yeah. Guess I couldn’t really be sore at Doll for returning the favor later on.

Suddenly, a chill ran down my spine as I recalled the final bit of information, the details from last night. And I don’t mean S&M bitch running the gamut on me, the details of which were horrific enough that I’d likely have to set up another therapy session with Doc Snow later on in the week. But what shook me was the recollection that I had, in fact, been questioned by the devilish dominatrix, and had spilled my guts about Eva and how she’d cleared out all of the commands that had been placed in my mind earlier. Which meant that she knew that Doc Snow was aware of her and that her psychic abilities made her a threat to her plans.

Shit. SHIT!

I nearly fumbled and dropped my cell phone twice as I quickly dialed her office number. Her secretary, Tiffany, answered on the second ring. “Hello? Yeah, hi, Tiffany! Look, I have to speak to the Doc. I know I’m not scheduled to come in until later, but it’s an emergency—”

“Oh, well, I’m sorry, Ms. Crenshaw,” Tiffany broke in, “but Dr. Snow hasn’t come in today. She called earlier to say that she was taking a ‘personal day’,” the redhead replied, frowning slightly, “something about needing to follow up with something from her ‘other job’. She was really vague about it all, but I guess you’d know more about such things than I would.”

“Her ‘other job’, huh?” I murmured softly. That raised all sorts of alarm bells. I mean, yeah, she’d mentioned having to track down Splash and Sunbeam and deprogram them as well as the various police officers that she’d saw in my memories. So it wasn’t really unexpected that she would likely too busy today. But she usually conducted that kind of thing in her office, having her patients meet with her one-on-one, from my own personal experience. And she definitely would have told her secretary what she was up to. Tiffany wasn’t a Super herself, but the Doc had taken her into her confidences long ago—she knew the kind of work her boss did and was the very embodiment of discrete and professional. I think she even helped out with a few cases now and then, taking classes to become a psychologist herself when she graduated.

So.... either Eva was onto something so dangerous that she was purposely keeping the details from her secretary to protect her... or she was already in trouble, captured and enslaved by Dominatress herself, and forced to give Tiff a vague excuse for not showing up while the villainess continued working on her. Either outcome was NOT good.

Scrolling through my phone again, I dialed my sensei’s number, only to groan inwardly was it went straight to voicemail. “Hi! Sorry, but we’re not here. Parker, Lucy, and I are out of town for the week! If you leave your name and number, we’ll get back to you!” BEEP! I nearly slapped my forehead. This was the week of that stupid worldwide hero conference they hold every few years, and Echo and Shinobi had been invited to attend. And... no, I was NOT feeling slighted that I hadn’t been invited to go either, despite also being a costumed heroine and protector of the city, with my own cult following of supporters and fans...

Okay, well, I might have been a LITTLE bit bitter about it...

Point is, they were all out of town, which meant Ms. Satore, Ms. Andrews and Ms. Contreras were also gone with them. Which left my circle of emergency contacts incredibly small. I stood staring at my cell phone for a moment, unsure of who to call. Paper Doll was out. Splash and Sunbeam were both ‘iffy’ at best, but even if I did trust them enough to help, I had no way of contacting them. sigh

Point of fact... I tended to keep my personal life personal and separate from everything else. Mr. and Mrs. Albinn knew my name and identity, of course, but I hadn’t really felt comfortable sharing my personal information with the rest of my training partners. And while I’m pretty sure they knew my name, at the very least, I’d always worn my mask, and while the others had no problem showing their faces when training, and would have likely told me their names, I hadn’t asked. Because that would have required me to reciprocate. And after my experience with Professor Twyst, I’d become a bit more guarded about who I could really trust.

A decision that was now coming back to bite me in the ass. Hard. I had no one left, no one I knew that I could call—

No! Wait! Scrolling back through my phone, I suddenly remembered the one person’s number I did have saved, the one who had called me the other day out of the blue to remind me that she would be handling training sessions while the Albinns were away, and to call her if I needed to change my schedule. I quickly dialed HER number, crossing my fingers and toes that she answered. She’d mentioned a friend of hers coming to town for a visit, and that actually reaching her would be a long shot, but—

“Hello! Megan Tanner speaking!” Techna’s voice spoke cheerfully, setting my worries to ease. “Is this you, Hannah? What can I do for you?”

“Tech, er, um, sorry, Megan,” I clarified. I still thought of her and the others as their heroine personas. It was a real stretch to think of her in her civilian role. “I’m sorry to bother you like this, but I have a serious problem!”

“Needing to reschedule our next session in the training room?” she asked, nonplussed. “Not a problem. I’m a... heh heh, a little occupied,” she said with an unusual emphasis on the word, “but I think I can accommodate you. When would you like to—”

“No, no, it’s not about training!” I interrupted. “It’s an emergency. Of the supervillain persuasion,” I added, glancing around automatically, even though I was calling from home, inside my own bedroom. Hey, its only paranoia if no one is actually out to get you. I gave her a brief rundown of what was going on, that I’d been captured and brainwashed, and that Doc Snow was now missing, and most likely being held by the same villainess, when a new voice interrupted.

“Okay, okay. Hold on,” the new voice, a female, spoke up. “You’re giving us a lot of information in a rush. Can you slow it down and rewind to the beginning? I’m having trouble connecting all of the dots.”

“We don’t have time!” I protested. “While we’re standing around chatting, Doc Snow, Paper Doll, Fluidia, heck, Splash, Sunbeam, and heaven only knows who else, are out there in that madwoman’s hands! We have to DO something!”

“Yes, yes, and we will,” Megan replied gently. “But Josie’s right. In order to help, we need to know exactly what we’re facing here. So please, Hannah, start from the beginning and walk us through all this.”

So, with a deep sigh, I ran through everything that had happened. To their credit, Megan and her friend listened quietly without interrupting, until I had finished. “And after waking myself up from my trance, I remembered everything that had happened to me, then I decided to call for help,” I finished. “The Albinns are out of town at that conference, and I don’t have any of the other girls’ numbers. But I still had your number from earlier when you called, so I dialed you up. And... here we are.”

“I see,” Josie remarked after a moment. “Not exactly a good scenario. Besides the fact that she might already have any number of Supers under her control, the fact that your friend Dr. Snow is missing makes things even worse. I have some experience with psychics,” she stated ruefully, “and if this Dominatress is powerful enough to control her, then this entire city could be in trouble!”

“Agreed,” Megan added. “We’ll need to move quickly. But we need a plan of attack, and some kind of contingency in case Eva’s already been turned...”

I nodded softly, an idea popping up in my head. “Actually, I have an idea or two on that. If you can come up with a strategy, I think I know the perfect contingency plan.”

* * *

Our little powwow session lasted only a few minutes, then a quick costume change later, I met up with Techna and her new... hmmm. Girl friend? Girlfriend? I wasn’t exactly sure what their status was. I did know that they were spending a lot of time together and that Megan had seemed super excited when Josie had announced that she was coming to town for a visit. Not that I claimed in any way to be a relationship expert or anything, or to know all the intimate details of Megan Tanner’s life. Heck, I only knew a tiny bit more about her than I did the other girls I trained with. Up close and personal, however, my enhanced senses could detect some fairly obvious signs any time the two of them interacted.

“So... this is it?” Josie, or ‘Focus’ as she now called herself, asked. I nodded, peering up at the modest two-story brownstone manor. “This is the villain’s secret lair? It just looks like a regular house!”

I shrugged. “Well, if you want to be technical, her ‘lair’ would actually be an old run down ramshackle warehouse down by the docks. As far as I know, that’s where she conducts all of her illegal business. It’s where she had us take all the stuff she had me and the others steal for her,” I scowled at that, still a bit bitter at the memory. Now that I could actually remember it. “But this is where she lives, and Dominatress keeps her business and pleasure separate. And, not that it was exactly all that ‘pleasurable’ for me, but this is where she had me brought both times when she turned me into her brainwashed agent.”

Megan glanced at me then, frowning slightly. “And... you’re sure you’re okay to do this?” she asked, dubiously. “I mean, you’re okay right now, but if she calls out some trigger phrase and you suddenly turn on us...”

But I shook my head. “I’m okay. Really. Granted, Doc Snow will likely have her work cut out for her again when she gets back, but when I hypnotized myself earlier, I instructed myself to remember all of Dominatress’ instructions to me, but to disregard all of them. I turned off all of the triggers she gave me,” Of course, I wasn’t so confident about resisting falling back under her spell a third time. I just hoped we’d be able to take her down before she got the chance.

Making our way onto the property, however, I suddenly recalled something that I’d forgotten up to this point. “Oh, crap!” I hissed aloud, stopping suddenly, causing the other two to turn. “I just remembered—her security system!”

“Wait, What kind of security?” Techna asked, glancing around, holding out a small silver colored box, scanning the area, “I’m not picking up any scanners or electronic sensors in the nearby vicinity.”

“I don’t know what kind of system she has,” I said pensively, glancing around, “but at least two separate times, she’s caught wind of someone sneaking onto her property, and called out her sentries to attack before they even got close.” I should know. I’d been both the intruder and the sentry on two separate occasions.

“She’s right,” Focus said suddenly, turning to stare at the house across from us. “We’re being watched. Apparently, this Dominatress arranged for her neighbors to watch over her house, and alert her if anyone comes by. Low tech, but very effective,” she murmured as the front door opened, and two familiar costumed figures approached.

I groaned inwardly as two of my former training partners walked up to us. “Um... hey there, Splash, Paper Doll,” I said amicably, even as they scowled at me. “Fancy meeting you guys here. Any chance you two somehow broke free of Dominatress’ control and came here to back us up and help us take her down?”

Splash grinned, assuming a fighting pose. “Sure, there IS a chance that that’s what’s happening here. Two actually—a slim chance, and no chance.” Water began to form from the air, gathering and swirling around her hands as she powered up. “Wanna guess which one this is?”

“Dammit,” Techna swore under her breath, adopting a fighting pose of her own, grabbing something from her tool belt. “I hadn’t anticipated us getting into a conflict this early before we even made it to the house.” She sighed deeply as Paper Doll withdrew a few sheets of paper from her backpack, forming them into a pair of fighting batons. “Doll, please! Don’t do this! We don’t want to hurt you!”

“That’s good to know,” Paper Doll responded grimly, even as she twirled her batons lightly in her hands, circling slowly around the three of us with her partner at her side. “Truth be told, we don’t want to hurt you guys, either. But you’re proving to be a hindrance to Mistress’ plans... so like it or not, we have to stomp you into the dirt.” She paused, glancing suddenly over at me. “Of course, things would go a lot easier with a little help from you, Pinnacle. You should really be over here with us, on our side. It is... Serendipity, after all.”

I blinked, a small shudder going through me. It was one of my embedded triggers. I felt the switch inside my brain flip... and do nothing. It was still a strange sensation, however, knowing I could submit to it, let my thoughts and will relax and bend... let the programming still in my head take over. It was like having walked a mile or two, and suddenly having a park bench appear in front of you. It would be so easy to sit down and rest... enjoyable even. But not something I had to do. I could continue on doing what I was doing before.

Seeing the worried glances from Techna and Focus, however, I shook my head, confirming the obvious. “Sorry, Doll, Splash. That’s not going to work this time. I’m my own person. And you two are outnumbered. If this comes down to an actual fight, you two are going to lose!”

“Then, I guess I’d better even the odds a bit,” Sunbeam replied stepping out from behind us, causing us to turn.

“And allow me to tip them over to our favor,” Fluidia added, as she appeared as well, coming out from behind a set of tall bushes on the right. “And don’t think we’re it. Mistress has more of us in reserve, just waiting for the word to swarm. So do yourselves a favor and surrender peacefully.” She grinned. “It’s not so bad. Being Mistress Dominatress’ servants, I mean. It’s not like we’re mindless drones or anything. We just choose to put her wishes above our own.” She glanced meaningfully at me.

I couldn’t help but swallow. I knew what she meant, having access now to all of my memories. Don’t get me wrong. I hated being Her plaything, of being abused physically, mentally, and sexually. And I think part of the reason for my nightmares, for my being so hyperaware that something was wrong, was because of my experiences with Professor Twyst. If you nearly drown while swimming, you tend to be extremely skittish around large bodies of water. And even though I... admittedly... have a thing for submission, particularly to a really attractive woman, being taken against my will, without my consent? It all just rubs me the wrong way.

But well... I couldn’t deny that a part of me—a fucking SMALL part, mind—actually DID enjoy my time under her control. It was tempting. Very tempting. But I wasn’t going to risk everything and betray Techna and Focus just for a momentary thrill that would ultimately prove to be a mistake down the line.

I did risk a glance at Ms. Cade, who had likewise adopted a fighting stance. “And to our resident psychic... you sensed the two in the house watching us, but not the other two coming to ambush us? Did you suddenly lose focus, Focus?”

“As for point of fact... yes! I did,” she snapped. “I thought I explained it before. I’m a martial artist with psychic powers, not a PSYCHIC with martial arts training! Once the obvious threat was in front of us, I turned my attention to them, not to anyone else that happened to be sneaking up on us, okay?”

“Thanks for clarifying,” I said with a sigh. “If we get out of this with our minds intact, you may want to consider changing that policy.”

“Duly noted,” she grunted, dodging as a blast of high-pressure water shot towards her, Splash leading off the assault, going after the self-proclaimed psychic-martial artist. Her partner Sunbeam sprinted towards her as well, no doubt planning to double-team her and keep her off balance, unable to focus her powers. Techna was having problems of her own, facing off with Fluidia, who was pretty much melting and reshaping every gadget the technophile attempted to use on her.

As for me? I had the least threatening, but probably the biggest wildcard to deal with in Paper Doll. I winced as she opened her backpack, sending out a wave of loose leaf papers into the air. I’d fought and practiced with Doll enough times to know what she was capable of... and if you think controlling and manipulating paper was a pretty lame super power... you’d be right. It is lame. Unfortunately, it is also really REALLY effective. In a snap I found myself bound, my hands and feet caught in shackles made of paper but stronger than steel.

Of course, I’m no lightweight myself. With a bit of effort, I was able to break free, dodging the barrage of paper projectiles coming at me. Rolling back to my feet, I took stock of my situation. This was... not ideal. Doll was good, a fighter on my level if not better, having trained longer than me. I was stronger and faster, yeah, but her powers and ability to attack me from long range gave her the edge. Worse, my ace in the hole, my Pinnacle Stare, was well known to her, had a charge up time as well as a cooldown time, and would be difficult if not impossible to catch her with by surprise. No... the only way I was winning this would be to switch up partners somehow, to free up Focus or Techna, and have them handle Doll while I fended off their attackers...

A totally perfect strategy that would have absolutely worked, had not my two friends already been taken down.

“Shit!” I yelled as I tripped, blasted from behind just as my boots melted and reformed into a tight nylon rope around my feet. Rolling over, glancing up, I found myself facing Fluidia and Sunbeam, with the defeated and unconscious Megan and Josie lying on the ground a few feet away. Still reeling from Sunbeam’s blast, I couldn’t react as Doll send another mass of paper down over me, forming a tight cocoon around my waist, pinning my arms in place, leaving me completely helpless. And Splash, grinning sardonically, delivered the coup de grace, with a punch to the face that sent me spiraling into darkness...

* * *

“Well, well, well,” an all too familiar voice spoke, rousing me back to consciousness. My eyes fluttered open, only to close again with a loud groan. “You know, my dear Ms. Crenshaw,” Dominatress replied with a smirk, “we really MUST stop meeting this way. I know we shared quite a moment the last time, but really! If you want another session, you should simply call me and set up a schedule with my secretary.”

Growling, I pulled at my chains. Yet again. I was in the same exact goddamn position I’d been chained in twice before! It was only a slight improvement when I glanced to my left and right to find Focus and Techna chained up on either side of me. Both of which stared straight ahead with a thousand yard stare, meaning they’d very likely been entranced just as I was about to be. Well... fuck. Things had NOT gone according to plan. The idea had been to sneak in, take out the guards one by one, Solid Snake style, and make our way to Dominatress, taking her down with a blitz attack before she knows what hit her.

Obviously, that wasn’t going to happen now.

“Still, I suppose I can forgive the uninvited intrusion,” Dominatress continued, walking over to the other two, smirking devilishly as she ran a hand lightly along Megan’s cheek, who sat there, completely impassive and unresponsive. “After all, you always bring me the nicest of gifts,” she added, walking around to caress Josie as well.

“Give it up, Dommie,” I said bravely in challenge. “If you surrender now, and release all of the people you have under your thrall, I promise we’ll go easy on you!” Turning to stare at me again, she laughed.

“Oh, please. Tell me you’re NOT going to give me that tired old line ‘You’ll never get away with this?’” she sneered. “You hero types always say that as your last final bit of defiance just before you fall.” She held out her hand, revealing the magical ruby red ring once more. “Well, in my experience, actions speak louder than words. And right about now, I’m thinking that the correct action to take here is to simply mind wipe you and your friends completely, to end your interference with my plans once and for all.”

A complete mind wipe? Tabula Rasa? I swallowed, glancing over at Techna and Focus. This was it. The villain was planning to pull her coup de grace. If there were ever a time to pull out a last minute save, this was it. We were basically screwed. Still... I had one last trump card left to play. The only thing I could do now was to play it and hope Dommie didn’t have a better hand than we did...