The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Mysteries of Armand Dupuis #39

THE CASE OF THE BAREFOOTED MURDERESS

by Miss Briar Gasdsen

Chapter 7

Exhaustion and the swaying of the carriage had finally overtaken the Count. But his sleep was anything but restful. His dreams were even darker than usual, as they featured agonized screaming.

Armand Dupuis had finally broke. Strapped to the table, he twisted and irrationally screamed. The Count stood laughing at the control panel. His device inflicted incredible pain without destroying tissue. It did not kill, but given time, would drive the strongest man mad. Dupuis had lasted twice as long as any other subject. That was fine for the Count. He was enjoying the gradual destruction of his greatest foe.

He felt a slight tremor through the soles of his boots, which built to a low rumble. The Count heard a clamor outside the chamber. When he stuck his head out, he saw his minions running about in panic. Gustav, his chief henchman, saw him, and yelled:

“Count....we must evacuate....the damnable Gasdsen woman.....she has sabotaged the Stability Processors in the cellar......a chain reaction is beginning.....”

”You fool.....It is merely a diversion so she and the giant can rescue Dupuis.”

Gustav seemed to calm and took a step towards the Count. Then a more violent tremor could be felt and then there was a much louder rumble. Gustav’s eyes widened and he joined the panicked throngs fleeing. Smoke began filling the passageway.

A third and fourth jolt shook the floor so hard the Count lost his balance, and was therefore unready when Singh’s mighty fist connected with his nose, sending him flying back into the torture chamber. He lay dazed, blood pouring from his broken nose. He heard a feminine voice.

”ARMAND.......WHAT HAS HE DONE TO YOU? Singh....hurry....we have to chance moving him. If Professor Tronkmeyer is correct, the process I’ve begun will destroy the castle and this part of the mountain.” There was a pause.

”Him? Don’t make me laugh. Leave him......let his own Hellish creation condem him for the crimes he’s done to humanity....and to Armand.” Briar’s voice was filled with fury.

The Count finally lost consciousness.

When he woke in the dream, he was coughing violently from fumes that had now filled the chamber. He saw Dupuis, Briar, and Singh had fled. He rose, but now violent eruptions were now constantly shaking the room. He opened the door to the hall and was greeted by thick black smoke and an invisible wall of searing heat.

His clothing caught fire, and his world became white pain.

The carriage came to a stop, and the Count awoke in a cold sweat. He saw that he had arrived at the Institute. He gathered his wits and left the cab. He was met by the entranced Lorna.

”Welcome, Honored Guest. My Husband bids I report that the patient is deep and receptive, and that he awaits only you to proceed to the next portion of her treatment.”

”Take me to them.”

* * *

Lovely. Briar felt lovely in every sense of the word. Lovely and pampered. She sat upon the lush divan, her legs stretched out, her bare feet resting on a soft ottoman. She did not have a care in the world. Beautiful music came from a music box somewhere in the room, and she knew she should focus on it.

Her original mission to the Institute was gone from mind, replaced by a powerful appreciation. She knew she could trust the people here, they only wanted what was best for her.

Much of her new found trust stemmed from the lovely conversation she’d been having with Mrs. Dorvak. The nurse had explained things to her, speaking to her woman to woman. They had so much in common. They were both strong willed and devoted to the idea that women could do anything men could do, often better. Lorna also told her how the love and guidance of her wonderful Husband had made her dreams come true. Briar thought it briefly strange, that Lorna’s empowerment was achieved by submission to a man. But the more Lorna spoke to her, the more it made sense.

Eventually, Briar confessed that there was an aching void in her life....a void that’d only be filled by the love of a certain man.

By this point, she felt she could tell the nurse anything. Briar saw Lorna Dorvak as her sister in a great cause, and a true friend.

Briar was therefore unconcerned when the woman returned with a hypodermic needle. Lorna took her pulse, then said:

“Briar, are you with me?”

Her response was immediate and delivered with a radiant smile.

”Yes, Nurse Lorna, I am with you and I am your barefooted servant.”

”Good. I am going to give you an injection. You will only feel a slight pressure on your arm, but no pain.”

”Of course, Dear Friend........please do as you must.”

Lorna tied the tourniquet around Briar’s right upper arm, then expertly gave her the injection.

* * *

”I typically do not use drugs in my process, Count.” Dorvak backed away from the painting with its empty eyes.

”Might I remind you, Anton, we do not have your usual luxury of time. You take a woman of the streets, who cares if she disappears for weeks. I assure you, Miss Gasdsen will soon be missed. For my plans to come to fruition, she must be returned to her friends by tomorrow afternoon. The opiate derivative will intensify the hypnotic hallucinations for her, thus speeding our efforts Now, enough time has elapsed for the serum. Let us proceed.”

* * *

Dorvak entered the room as quietly as his pudgy body would allow. Briar’s eyes were now closed and she appeared deeply asleep. Her breathing was deeper and slower now. Lorna removed the tourniquet then looked up at her husband. He nodded his head.

Lorna went to her side, bent down, and began softly speaking in her ear.

”In a moment, Briar, I will bid you to open your eyes. To your delight, you will see the one you most desire.....the love of your life., standing before you This man will be here for you......only you. You will be alone with him, and he with you. You will open your heart, and he shall reciprocate. No inhibition will obstruct the outpouring of your affection.” Lorna looked up at Dorvak, and he nodded his head again. She bent down again, and said:

“Now, open your eyes, Briar, and see your True Love standing before you.”

Briar slowly opened her eyes.....and audibly gasped.

”Armand.....what are you doing here?”

* * *

Behind the painting, the Count smiled. While Dorvak thought it might be the young policeman, Sanderson, the Count had always been sure it was Dupuis.

* * *

Back in the room, Dorvak stepped closer to the divan and kneeled. He gently took Briar’s hand.

”I was told you were here, the good people here have opened my eyes and now....I am here with you. Are you with me, Darling?”

The words flowed from her lips, as her gaze locked onto Dorvak’s.

”Yes...I am with you My Beloved.....and I am your barefooted servant.” The last six words came out in a seductive purr.

Dorvak, went to kiss her hand, then self consciously realized his wife was still in the room. “Lorna, My Peach, you may return to your normal duties.”

“Yes, Dear Heart......I obey.” The Nurse left, a vacant smile on her lips.

None of this mattered to Briar. Her words poured out in a torrent

”Armand.....dear...darling Armand...is this a dream? I’ve loved you from the moment we met....but I always thought you beyond such feelings, that you were incapable of love.”

Dorvak smiled. “I do love you..and I have been a fool to wait this long.....how could I not love you...my equal in all ways....I.....”

He never finished his sentence, as Briar wrapped her arms around his neck and passionately began kissing him. Dorvak lay against her, pressing her back down onto the divan. His right hand slid under her toga near her right breast.

”Anton. That is quite enough.” The Count had silently entered the room.

“Oh...Ummmm, yes...just trying to make sure she is...she is properly anchored...I....I.....” Dorvak’s stammering attempts to explain himself were being thwarted by Briar’s insistent kissing of his neck. Finally, he snapped his fingers, and said “Briar.....Sleep.” She sighed and fell back onto the divan.

The Count chuckled. “She seems more than sufficiently anchored, Anton. When we are done, you can go and seek carnal relief from one of your harem..or two of them if you wish. In the meantime, you will follow my plan with Briar. Remember? Unrequited love is a more powerful motivator than passion fulfilled. The consummation of her deepest desire must be the motivation for her utter obedience. Now, proceed as I instructed.

Dorvak gathered himself, and spoke: “Briar, are you with me?”

”Yes, Armand, I am with you and I am your barefooted servant. But, Darling.....why did you stop...don’t you find me desirable?”

”Of course, I do, Briar......but you and I are in mortal danger......until that danger is resolved we cannot be together....not that way. To do this, you must obey me.....it’s the only way we can be together...you must obey me...no matter what I command, you must obey. Can you do that for me....for us?”

“Of course, Darling, if that’s what must be...I will obey you.”

Dorvak kissed her tenderly on the forehead, and sent her back into a deep sleep like state. He stood and joined the Count by the door.

”Well done, Anton, really top drawer.”

“I truly have reservations about the next phase of your process, Count. She has a strong mind, as strong as any I have encountered. But what you have planned may irretrievably break her.”

”Have faith, Anton. I have spent the last year studying Briar Gasdsen, and I know her better than she knows herself. The next stage is vital. We have given this beautiful mare a carrot to chase, but now we must also show her the stick.”