The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Other Side of the Mirror”

mc mf fd

When Josh and Rachel get in a nasty fight in a haunted hotel on Halloween, Josh finds himself becoming possessed by a mysterious female presence...

Part One:

It’s our first Halloween on the road as a musical duo, and we’re spending it like this, Rachel thought unhappily as she and Josh pulled up to the hotel in the cheap, dingy, 10 year old van that served as the sorry excuse their transportation. The two struggling singer/musicians had finally been able to get themselves booked as an opening act for a big rock group, and that night they’d played their first show.

Instead of celebrating, however, she and Josh had been fighting horribly ever since the performance. He’d freaked from the second she’d walked onstage in an outfit he’d deemed “too slutty” earlier—a black leather miniskirt so short it barely covered her tight, firm butt; fishnet stockings; black thigh-high boots; and a black midriff stretched so tight across her well-endowed breasts that her erect nipples stood out like headlights. Looking like that, her blond hair wild and loose down to the middle of her back, she’d been making every man in the room sweat simply by standing there. Once the music got started and she’d begun moving sensuously to the beat, exuding sexuality with her passionate vocals and magnetic stage presence, brown eyes smoking, it had almost been too much for Josh to stand.

They all want her, he’d thought, angrily slamming the notes out of his electric guitar, barely able to force out the harmonies over the jealousy choking his throat. They all want my woman. They all want her and she’s eating it up, encouraging it.... Slut! Anger and lust had fed off of each other as he’d watched her, making him flushed and hot from more than the lights. Even now, as they sat in the car, his brown curls were still plastered to his forehead, his shirt still sticking to him. He didn’t smell that great either, but he’d been too angry and too eager to get Rachel out and away from the stadium for either one of them to change.

In fact, once the set was over and they’d left the stage, he’d let her know exactly what he’d thought of her “defying” him by wearing the outfit and “whoring herself to the audience.” She’d let fly a few comments about his pathetic lack of self-esteem. It didn’t take long for things to get nasty. At this point they weren’t even talking.

The hotel they were pulling up in front of did not make Rachel feel any better. It was falling apart. “Is this really where we’re staying?” Rachel asked, dismayed. The place was obviously extremely old and it had not been well-kept. It looked like it had been built at the turn of the century or something! A lot of the shutters were hanging off, the garden was overgrown with weeds, and half the light bulbs in the front were either not working or were burst.

Josh’s voice was taut. “We take what’s cheapest and count ourselves lucky we don’t have to sleep in the van. Sorry, princess.”

Rachel frowned and glanced over at Josh, who was watching her darkly. He was always making fun of the fact that her parents were well-off and often gave her money. Well, she was just 21 and they were making almost NOTHING as not-so-successful musicians. They wouldn’t even be able to afford the dump they lived in now if it weren’t for her parent’s “gifts.” She was about to remind him of that, but instead bit her tongue and just shook her head, getting out of the van, keeping the slowly building fury bottled inside. One thing she was sure of: she couldn’t stand to be in the same room with him tonight.

As the couple made their way into the front door and up to the shabby desk, Rachel made her announcement. “I’m getting a separate room from you, Josh. I’ll pay the costs.” Rachel could feel Josh behind her, grabbing her arm.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He hissed.

Rachel ignored him, speaking to the old man looking bored behind the desk. “You DO have an extra room, right?”

He hesitated. “Well, a lot of our rooms right now are under...refurbishment,” he said. Rachel thought of the dilapidated appearance of the place and wondered how they stayed in business.

“You mean you don’t have more than one room?” Rachel asked in disbelief.

“Stop it, Rachel,” Josh said urgently. He was barely keeping himself under control, but with that teller looking...he wasnt going to humiliate himself.

The teller looked from Josh to Rachel, then shrugged. “In the old wing we have a few rooms.”

The old wing? Rachel thought. Does that mean this is the NEW wing?

“Nobody’s staying over there, though,” the teller continued. “It’d just be you. And there are no phones.”

“I’ll take it,” Rachel snapped as Josh tightened his grip on her arm.

“I’ll stay in the room next to her,” Josh told the teller hurriedly. He was rewarded by a glare from Rachel.

The teller shrugged once more, turned, and got out the keys. He presented one to each of them. “The old wing has a separate entrance, around back.”

“Great, thanks,” Rachel said quickly, grabbing the key. She whipped around, grabbed her overnight bag, and ran for the door of the hotel. Josh angrily took his key, awkwardly picked up his guitar and suitcase, and did his best to hustle after her.

* * *

Rachel was out of breath when she reached the long, mirrored hallway that led to the rooms in the “old wing.” She paused to catch it when she heard him pounding up the stairs behind her. She quickly started moving again but it was too late. He carefully laid down his guitar, dropped his suitcase, and pounced on her.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?” He snarled at her, grabbing her nightbag and jerking it away. “We haven’t gotten separate rooms since before we were lovers. Or do you just enjoy humiliating me, like you did onstage tonight?”

“It’s comments like that that make me want to have my own room,” Rachel shot back. “I just can’t deal with your jealous, possessive, controlling crap tonight.”

He moved in on her, forcing her to back up until her back was against a mirrored panel of the wall. “You’re gonna HAVE to deal with me.”

“Do you think you can tell me what to do?” Rachel sneered up at him defiantly. “If you think I’ll let you touch me tonight...”

“Like this?” he said, then grabbed her face, pulling her to him roughly.

Rachel gasped in surprise as he began kissing her ravenously, touching her in all the right places.... Shock, anger, and lust whirled around in her, and the fact that he was making her want him even after what she had just said filled her with a sense of shame and self-loathing. Combined with her anger, she felt a destructive black rage and fury welling up inside her....

Suddenly, lightning crashed outside and the entire building shook. The lights went off and there was a cracking noise right behind Rachel. Josh released her in surprise and Rachel took the opportunity to grab her bag back. Josh’s eyes widened as he looked behind Rachel at the mirror she had been against. She turned around and saw that it was cracked in half, split right down the middle.

“Rachel? Are you alright?” Josh asked worriedly, all anger out of his voice. “Turn around, let me see your back.”

Surprisingly, Rachel’s anger had subsided as well. The black rage and fury had suddenly disappeared, and she felt like a load had been lifted. “I’m fine,” she said, and smiled at him.

Josh bit his lip, then decided to go for it, feeling a little hopeful now that she wasn’t so angry. “Come to bed with me tonight, Rachel.”

“I...” she paused. No, he needed to be punished for his behavior that evening. “Not tonight, Josh. After the fight we had, it’s best we spend the night apart.”

“Damn it, Rachel!” he cried, but he didn’t attempt to stop her as she turned away and headed towards her room. He just watched her go, then sadly picked up his guitar and suitcase and headed to his own room, right next door. He shook his head. If only he understood what she wanted him to do, to be, to make her happy, he would do it, he would do anything to make her want to be with him...lightning struck outside again. The wretched weather matched his mood perfectly.

* * *

Josh had stayed up late fiddling on his guitar, reluctant to get into his bed alone. Finally he decided to go ahead and change for bed. He had just pulled on his blue boxers when he heard it..“Josh..” it was soft, hard to distinguish, but it sounded like Rachel. Was she calling him from her room? She had been less angry with him when she went to her room...maybe...

He quickly opened the door and glanced over at Rachel’s room—she hadn’t opened her own door. He frowned. Had he been imagining things? It had been so muffled...maybe it was just the wind...suddenly he heard it again. “Josh...” it was coming from down the hallway. Then he saw it, a flash of white, just moving around the far corner out of sight.

“Rachel?” Josh called after her. “Wait up!” He hurried after her. When he turned the corner he crinkled his brow. Another mirrored passageway. He hadn’t realized this wing was so big. “Rachel!” He called again. “Where are you going?”

“Josh...” he saw the flash of white again, around the next far corner. Aggravated, he sped up.

“RACHEL!! Come on!!” He ran down the hall and around the corner, then stopped short. He had come to a large circular room, and there were mirrors everywhere, all around, from floor to ceiling. There was no light except what was coming in from the hall windows...the effect of all the shadows reflecting all around him was unsettling. There seemed to be a lot of passageways leading off of the room, like spokes from the hub of a wheel—but he couldn’t tell the difference between real passageways and their reflections. What’s more, Rachel was nowhere to be found.

“RACHEL!” he yelled, becoming unnerved. “Where did you go? Come back!” He squinted in the dark, trying to figure out which were actual passageways that Rachel might have gone down. He listened carefully and he heard another noise ñ he spun around and ran towards where he thought the sound came from....and rammed into a mirror. He fell back and rubbed his forehead, cursing. He should’ve guessed that whatever passageway he’d run at wouldn’t be a real one. Suddenly he felt a wave of panic that was more than just a fear of not finding Rachel for a rendevous. He felt something was terribly wrong. “Rachel, please, answer me!”

“Josh...” The voice was coming from behind him this time. He sprung up, whirled, and moved quickly towards it. Learning from his previous mistake, he stuck his hands out in front of him in case that doorway turned out to be a mirror, too. In the instant before he reached it, he thought he saw the wavering lines of a mirror. Instinctively, he hesitated, but at that moment two cold hands shot out of the darkness and grabbed his wrists, using his own momentum to pull him in...and before his shock could even register, everything went black.

* * *

When Rachel heard Josh calling her name outside her door, her eyes popped wide open. What could he want? She bit her lip, hoping he wasn’t drunk and bellowing after her like some scene from a Marlon Brando film. Then she heard it again, and it sounded like it was fading, like he was moving away. “Rachel! Wait!”

She crinkled her brow. They were alone in the wing. Who did Josh think he was calling to? He must be drunk, she thought again. If he was, she didn’t want to deal with it. “Rachel...” it was a faint echo now. She frowned. If he was indeed intoxicated, she should probably go make sure he didn’t get lost or hurt himself. She sighed heavily as she got up and put on her robe. Seems like I’m always having to take care of him, she thought.

She opened the door to an empty, dark hallway. The one light that had been working when they showed up had apparently given up the ghost as well. She stepped out, closing the door behind her. “Josh?” she called. No answer. She assumed he’d headed down the passageway and started off down it herself.

As she passed by the mirrored panel that had cracked earlier, she paused. It appeared that the split had grown wider in the last few hours. She shook her head. She still had no idea what had made it crack like that. It wasn’t like she had been banging on it or something. She was about to turn away when suddenly lightning struck outside, filling the room with a flash of light. She gasped sharply...for the nanosecond the lightning had filled the room, it had seemed like there was something other than her distorted reflection in that cracked mirror...but now as she looked at it all she saw was her own face staring back at her.

Still, she felt a strange misgiving. She stepped closer to the mirror, peering at it. At that instant the lightning flashed again, and for another nanosecond she saw it...something besides her own reflection. She saw shadows and flickering candlelight, she was positive...and there had been a presence...

She felt a chill go down her spine. She believed in the supernatural, and she trusted her instincts...and every fiber of her being was telling her that something was very wrong, something having to do with what she saw in that mirror. Something that was outide the ordinary world. She didn’t know what it could be, but she sensed that there was danger...and that she and Josh needed to get away from there as soon as possible.

“Josh,” she said, suddenly remembering why she was out in the hall in the first place. A wave of fear and panic hit her—for some reason, she knew that she must find him immediately. She gathered her robe and ran down the hallway, calling his name frantically.

* * *

Josh opened his eyes and blinked, unsure of where he was or what was happening to him. He was lying on his back with his arms above his head, but he wasn’t alone. Vaguely he was aware of a figure, a woman with blond hair, leaning over him, a sweet scent in the air, like nothing he’d ever smelled before. She was holding a candle in front of her face...but he couldn’t seem to get her face into focus. No matter how hard he tried to look past the candle flame to make out her features, his eyes kept focusing on the flickering light, leaving what was behind it a blur.

“Josh.” The voice said. It sounded familiar...he felt her hand stroking his neck.

“Rachel?” He whispered dazedly. “Is that you?”

“I’m here,” the voice replied. “Don’t be afraid.” Her hand moved down to his bare chest, still stroking. Her hand came to rest possessively on his flat stomach. “You need relax.” Even as she said it, she moved her hand lower, to his abdomen, the lower, so close...he groaned, aroused now, but strangely, he when he tried to reach for her, his arms felt too heavy for him to lift. Everything felt too heavy—even the air seemed to be pressing down on him, holding him down. He wondered if he was really awake—nothing seemed real...“I...can’t move,” he managed.

“You don’t want to move. You want to relax, to rest.” Her fingers slowly, rhythmically, stroked his lower abdomen. “It feels so good to let yourself drift..”

Josh’s vision began to blur. He blinked rapidly, struggling against the urge to obey, squinting in an effort to look past the candle to the woman’s face. It only made him dizzy. Where was here? Something felt wrong. “Rachel?” he asked again uncertainly.

“Yes, it’s me,” she said, her voice soft, lilting. “You’re safe, but you need some rest. In fact, you’re weakening even as I speak. With every second, you can feel your energy draining away. It’s becoming difficult to even summon enough strength to speak, isn’t it?”

Josh opened his mouth to ask her what was happening to him, but he couldn’t seem to get the words out. It was just too much effort. Not worth it. He blinked slowly. “Yes,” he found himself whispering instead.

“That’s right. So don’t try. Relax completely. You’re safe. Rest. There’s no need to resist.” She smiled down at him as her hand slowly trailed back up his body, all the way up to his shoulders. Her fingers gently brushed the pulse in his neck. “It’s becoming so difficult to remain awake. You’re so sleepy and you want to rest so badly....so badly.”

His eyelids grew heavy. They were half-closed and he felt as if he were floating, surrendering to the pull of a current. She was speaking again...such a beautiful voice...“Now you have no choice but to listen and obey. At my command, you will fall into a deep sleep that only my voice can penetrate. You will know nothing else. And only at my command will you awaken. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” he barely managed to get the word out.

“Sleep.”

Immediately, Josh’s eyes closed and his head fell to the side as her voice propelled him into a thick, heavy, inescapable blackness...plunging deeper, deeper, deeper until there were no dreams, no memories, no thoughts, nothing except for the whispering echoes of a familiar, soothing voice......

“Josh,” it was saying. “Listen to me say your name, Josh. Hearing me say your name is so arousing, isn’t, Josh?”

“Yes,” he murmured.

“That’s right. You like to listen to me say to your name, don’t you, Josh? It’s turning you on so much now, isn’t it, Josh? The more I say it, the more aroused you become, Josh.” He groaned, deep in trance, but burning nonetheless. The voice continued, “That’s right, Josh, feel how much you need me. Feel it and whenever you hear me say your name, Josh, your need for me will intensify, Josh. It is becoming so intense that it is overpowers your will, Josh. It is becoming so intense that you losing the ability resist my control in any way, Josh. Every time I say your name, the need becomes more intense, the will to resist deminishes...Josh...even as I speak you can feel it overcoming you...consuming you...Josh...yes, it’s consuming you and now you want to surrender...Josh, Josh...You’re eager to surrender! You want nothing more!”

“Yes!” Josh gasped, his fists clenching. “Yes, I want to surrender, let me, let me....”

Suddenly a voice that was different, yet the same, pierced through his consciousness. “JOSH! WHERE ARE YOU!” It ripped through his mind and he opened his eyes, snapping out of the trance to find himself back on the floor in the mirrored room. “WHERE ARE YOU?!” He heard again.

“Rachel,” he moaned weakly. He heard her gasp and then her feet coming across the floor towards him at a run. When her face came into view, she looked frightened and concerned.. “Josh, where did you come from? I was looking for you, but a minute ago, I thought this room was empty...were you in one of the passages?”

“Rachel?” He asked weakly. “Is it really you?”

“Yes, baby,” Rachel said. “It’s me. I’m here and you’re safe.”

Josh furrowed his brow and looked at her strangely. “What happened?”

“I was hoping you could tell me. I heard you outside my room fifteen minutes ago, calling me, and I followed you here...there was nobody here, but then you just seemed to appear while my back was turned..”

“15 minutes ago?” Josh shook his head. Why did he get the sense that so much more time had passed since he’d passed Rachel’s door and...he realized with a start he couldn’t remember what had happened after that—what he was doing in this room at all. In fact—what was this room? With effort, he pushed himself into a sitting position. Why did he feel so drained? “Where am I?” He asked unsteadily. “How did I get here?”

“You walked here, like I said. Don’t you remember?” Rachel looked him in the eyes and saw that he didn’t. She kept on, hoping to jog his memory. “But then you disappeared. And just a second ago, suddenly, you reappeared, and...” He struggle to sit up straighter, his hands splaying across, the floor, when suddenly Rachel gasped. “Your wrist!”

She grabbed his wrist and turned his hand palms up. On the inside of his wrist there were five fingernail marks, so deep they had drawn blood. One was especially bad—the one that, by its position apart from the other four, appeared it had been made by the thumbnail. It had left a long, red scratch, as if it had been dragged along his inner wrist for some reason.She quickly lifted his other wrist...the same thing, except reversed...the grips of opposite hands...who was here besides them? “Do you know how you got these?” She wrapped her hand around his wrist to lift it to him and to her shock realized that the nailprints matched where her nails would fall exactly. “Josh?”

Suddenly Josh became completely alert. “Don’t!” He cried, then grabbed her and kissed her ravenously. The familar mix of lust and anger electrified him again, yet this time the lust as overwhelming. But why did he feel this resentment mixed in wtih it?

“Josh! Josh!” Rachel cried in surprise when she could get air.

He cried out something that sounded like “Stop!” before his kiss became too wild for him to speak.

Frightened, Rachel pushed him off. “Get off me, Josh!”

He immediately dropped his hands and pulled back. His eyes were on fire for her, and he was shaking with desire, but he didn’t move. “Stop it,” he repeated through gritted teeth.

“Stop what? What’s going on with you?” Rachel asked, her voice shaking. “What’s happening? I’m not doing anything to you!”

Josh shook his head and struggled to his feet, careful not to touch her. “I can’t take this...get away from me!” He took a step, staggered a bit, then suddenly he was running out of the room into the passageway.

“Baby, what’s wrong?!” Rachel ran after him, but before she could catch up to him, he had gotten to his room. She reached the door just in time to hear him turn the old-fashioned lock.

“Honey,” she called. No answer. Was he alright? “Are you OK?!”

“Go away!” She heard him call in a voice that sounded panicked.

“I can’t! Why are you doing this?” Rachel cried.

“Just leave me alone,” he said through the door, his voice almost pleading.

Rachel rested her forehead against the door. She couldn’t leave him here. She could go and get help and come back...but she was afraid to leave him alone even for that long. Besides, what would she say, that boyfriend had mysterious scratches on him and was acting funny? Perhaps she was making too much of this. Maybe Josh had been smoking a little pot...and yet, she knew in her heart that wasn’t it. The feeling of danger was still pressing down on her. But what else could it be? She decided uneasily she must be overreacting. “I’ll be next door if you need me,” she said. He didn’t answer, though she could hear him breathing hard on the other side of the door. She slowly turned and walked back to her room.

END OF PART ONE