The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Runaway Toy

By connie k

(mc, ff)

Chapter Three

“Faster, DiDi. Shovel faster.”

They needed the foot of snow cleared from around the garage or they weren’t going anywhere.

The power had come back on, but it only afforded Max enough time to microwave a couple of cheese sandwiches and recharge her phone before they headed outside. She threw together an overnight bag just in case.

The snow was cleared well enough, and as Max put away the shovels she grabbed a handful of packed snow and playfully tossed the snowball at DiDi. The spontaneity appeared to take DiDi by surprise—she looked up at Max and beamed.

Oh, Max thought, if only we could go back inside.

The pickup crunched its way through the blanket of snow as it headed down the driveway. The main road had been plowed, but Max still didn’t know which way to go. She looked left, then right.

“Home,” DiDi said.

Max looked at her hard. The shoveling and the hurrying had pulled DiDi out of robot-mode, but she now retreated to that faraway look when Max found her by the side of the road.

“Okay, honey,” Max said sadly. “Let’s see if we can get you home.”

Max turned the truck right and drove slowly two miles down the road, pulling off approximately where her tire had blown the night before.

The sun was peeking out from behind a cluster of white-gray clouds as Max locked up the truck and took DiDi by the hand. “Do you remember which direction you came from, honey?” DiDi peered into the woods, a gently sloping hillside beyond them outlined in white. “Well, only one way to find out. Come on.”

They shuffled through the trees and made their way slowly up the hill. Max was thankful she hadn’t thrown out the old pair of snow boots on her feet, giving DiDi her newer ones.

Max lived here for four years and assumed there was nothing on the other side of the ridge. Yet as they reached the top of the rise, Max was surprised to see a large complex a quarter of a mile down the slope.

There were two large structures connected by a covered walkway. The parking lot was neatly plowed and a dozen cars and trucks were there. A road snaked into the woods on the other side. She had no idea where it eventually came out.

She held DiDi’s hand tighter as they got closer. The larger, three-story building looked brand new—mostly glass and polished steel gleaming off the morning sun. The other building looked like an elongated barn. Maybe a warehouse.

Max hadn’t realized that DiDi was steering them toward it.

“Is this place familiar to you, DiDi?”

“Yes, Max.”

They reached the near end of the long building. Max pulled on the door handle, not expecting it to open. It opened. Max took in a deep breath as she looked at DiDi.

“DiDi honey,” she said slowly. “You sure you want us to go in there?”

There was a moment … DiDi looked almost afraid. Then something passed over the robot-girl and she sighed.

“Yes, Max.”

“Okay.” She pulled the door open.

They entered into darkness, feeling their way left, then right, then left along the narrow entranceway. Max heard strange animal sounds, the smell was earthy. Maybe it was a barn after all.

It was brighter as they turned another corner, which opened into a large, deep room.

It was dimly lit, but Max could see a nightmare before her eyes.

Every inch of floor space—but for a wide center aisle—was filled with beds on spare, metal frames. And on the beds—strapped down with thick bands of leather—were women of all kinds, all ages. Brown, black, white. Brunettes and blondes.

Each of them wore some kind of virtual reality helmet and goggles. Small lamps above their heads beamed light into their eyes, headphone wires snaked out from under the helmets and hissed in their ears. Legs spread wide … with gleaming silver vibrators buzzing between them. Some women, Max wincing as she noticed, had them deeply embedded, pistoning evenly and relentlessly in and out.

It wasn’t what DiDi had described. There was no assembly line of machine parts. No automated factory. This was worse.

These were women. Humans. Being brainwashed.

There was an overwhelming smell of sex in the air. These helpless women … were being methodically fucked out of their minds.

Max and DiDi moved deeper into the room, slowly creeping down the one aisle that separated the dozens upon dozens of beds lined up evenly on each side.

The sounds … some women were whimpering, perhaps newly restrained there, while others let out deeper, more desperate moans as they looked and listened and reacted to the barrage of sensations their bodies and minds were helpless to prevent.

Max knew what they were seeing behind the goggles. She saw it on DiDi’s face as she stared into the fire. The bending, twisting, writhing shapes of color that drew them in and wouldn’t let go. They didn’t have Max’s calm voice to reassure them. There was another voice, voices perhaps, that tugged and kneaded and shocked their minds into submission. And obedience. Creating the mind of a selfless robot. And then the call to orgasm, sealing in the programming. And starting again.

DiDi wasn’t a robot. These women were not robots. They were being turned into robots. They were being created. Anew.

“Welcome to Robax…”—“fuuuu!” Max jumped—“… International, Max.”

Max spun around. Behind her were two men and two women. The women were in front standing side by side, the unsettling, almost-identical distortion of fraternal twins. They were about 60, dressed in matching vintage-era gray linen suits.

They stood unmoving, either waiting for Max to calm down or forcing Max to allow them to look her over.

“What do you think? See everything you needed to see?” the woman on the left said.

“I see them. I can’t say I like what I see.”

“Perhaps if you were lying on one of those beds you’d think differently,” said the woman on the right.

“I hope not.”

“Yes. It’s nice to meet you at last, Max. This,” the first one said proudly, spreading her arms, “is where the magic happens.”

She approached Max, then turned to lead Max down the aisle between the beds of women in varying degrees of orgasmic agony. Max kept exactly in the middle of the two seemingly endless rows.

“As you know, robots have replaced humans in performing many repetitive or dangerous tasks,” the woman said casually. “Even some jobs most humans prefer not to do. They can work in space or under the ocean.

“Gradually, as more and more robots have been put into service, there are growing concerns in all quarters about the increased use of robots. And their role in society too, of course. Robots are being blamed for rising unemployment as they replace human workers in increasing numbers. It is a concern. We all know this, Max.

“But what about in our private lives? Surely every individual has the right to make their life better. Don’t you agree?”

The prone woman closest to them as they slow-walked moaned loudly, and Max couldn’t resist watching her body tremble, her knees twitching out of control, then seeing it stop, suddenly, with a long, blissful exhale.

“Sure.”

“We have robots, of a sort, to vacuum, make coffee, answer trivial questions, even play us a song. All well and good. But we at Robax have come to realize that people are eventually going to want more. They want a real robot. These units may be a robot on the inside, but they are 100 percent human on the outside.”

“That makes no sense.”

“Oh, you’re not being truthful with yourself, Max,” said the second woman. “You liked it. You enjoyed having DiDi here willing to be ordered around. Even in bed. Physically appealing and mentally under control. I’m surprised you only had four orgasms. You enjoyed our robot very much.”

Max turned to look at DiDi’s blank face. The two men kept a discrete distance behind her.

“That’s because she’s not.”

“Look around you. Don’t be shy,” said the first woman. “It’s called robotization. I can’t go into the particulars of what we do, obviously, but you can see that providing nearly limitless pleasure to these subjects is a benefit, not a hindrance, to the process. And it becomes an integral part of who—or should I say what—they are.”

This was an odd pair. The first woman, it appear to Max, was softer, there was more of a smile in her eyes. The other just stared.

“Everything anyone would want in a robot can be found between their ears. Everything anyone would want in a woman … or a man, of course. Eventually, they will be made available as well.”

Max looked upon it all wide-eyed. Was this a torture chamber or just … business? A frightening thought hit Max and she said it aloud: “You’re replacing people with robots.”

There was laughter from everyone but Max and DiDi. The second woman stepped forward.

“We’re not replacing people with robots, silly girl. We’re replacing robots with people!”

Max was so shocked, so out of sorts, she barely knew how to react. The “softer” woman took her arm and continued walking her down the aisle, as if they were browsing a jewelry store and not a brainwashing factory. DiDi had been brainwashed into thinking she was a metal contraption, a thing. She told Max her false tale so convincingly Max realized DiDi was convinced herself.

Max could hear the “harder” woman whispering to DiDi, but couldn’t make out what it was. She saw DiDi’s blissful nod clearly enough.

“We only make about 100 robots a year,” the first woman continued. “Procurement, robotization and locating the proper buyers take up quite a bit of our time and resources. But we strive to be thorough.”

Max stopped short. “Procure. You mean kidnap.”

The woman looked her in the eye. “Not at all. We don’t do that. They are all volunteers.”

Those may have been the first words the two women spoke that Max believed.

Max could believe that there were enough young women desperate enough, hungry enough, abused enough, lost enough to go through with it. She may have seen DiDi essentially reduced to a two-orgasm whore by these people, but there was enough of the vulnerable, damaged young woman—when there was no one else in the world but the two of them—for Max to believe she knew the real DiDi without the robotmind.

DiDi had a lot of blanks, sure, but Max felt like she knew how to color them in.

Another series of moans and gasps echoed in the room. The steady pumping of the rods between the women’s legs continuing unabated.

“How many are there?”

“Our company is very young, not one to be selling shares on the NASDAQ. Certain elements of society aren’t quite ready to embrace the entirety of our services.”

Yeah, Max thought. Because it’s illegal! She was having difficulty keeping up with the outward politeness she was being shown. She knew she was in big trouble.

“As of right now, there are 192 of our robots in circulation. We’ve only commissioned eleven who are out of service. You’d be surprised what kind of person would pay such a very high price to get a fully functional, completely subservient robot.

“But they’re not robots!”

“But they are!” the hard woman said sharply, her voice raised just enough to give Max a shiver. “That’s what they believe. That’s what they ALL believe.”

The woman absently stroked the nearest leg of a robot-girl-to-be, then rubbed the sheen of sweat between her fingers.

“They’re not all of a certain type, you know, our buyers,” she said, smiling down at the girl, whose blonde hair fanned out around the VR helmet. “Powerful people don’t always need to exert their power over someone weak. Some do. Adventurous people aren’t always the best people to explore the wonders of our product either.

“It takes all kinds.” She looked at Max, gauging her reaction. “Functionality. Our robots can be tailored to perform to the exact specifications of the purchaser.”

“What was DiDi programmed for?”

The first woman’s smile—as if expecting the question—turned Max’s head. “We hadn’t quite finished with her. But she was scheduled to be fully indoctrinated as a … companion. For a female.”

“Was?”

“Yes.” The woman swayed gently as they continued walking. “She will be again, of course. We have been monitoring her very closely, but this involvement with you will require some recalibration to suit the exacting specifications of her future owner.”

“You mean make her forget me,” Max snapped. They stopped walking. “I don’t think so. I think she’s just fine as she is. In fact, I think it may be best for everybody if I just walk her back outta here. You can try to stop me, but I’ll be missed. Believe me, I’ll be missed.”

The woman seemed more appalled by what Max said than angry. The second woman again stepped forward.

“No need to threaten anyone, Max. We know you wouldn’t be missed. Not really. You live alone. Work primarily from home. You have friends but … what’s her name? Sandy? She’ll just assume you wanted to be closer to the action, in the big city, and left her behind. She’d survive the loss, by the way.”

“But we’re quibbling here,” the swaying woman said. “No one is going to kidnap you, Max. But DiDi stays here.”

“She ran away!” The desperation was unavoidable in Max’s voice. “She may have been a volunteer at first, but she left you and wanted her freedom. No matter how much you fucked up her mind, she still wanted to be free of you!”

“Is that what you think? Max, Max, Max. She didn’t escape. We set her free. Understand?”

The sighing and the groaning was so continuous that Max had difficulty keeping her eyes away. She was staring at their faces, twisted and drooling and shaking. And something else—they were also smiling. The perverted smile of happiness despite the torment. It was becoming more difficult for Max to concentrate.

The hard woman leaned into DiDi. “DiDi, dear? Obey my instructions. Masturbate for Max. She doesn’t seem to believe us.”

DiDi appeared eager to have a command to follow. She yanked down the sweatpants and panties and began running her fingers along her slit in front of them all. Max refused to look, glaring at the two women instead.

“How do you know about Sandy?”

“We’ve been compiling data on you, Max, for quite some time. This … interpersonal contact with one of our products has given us more than we could have hoped for. Our future clients will benefit immensely from your reactions and inadvertent insight.”

The woman knew her point had been made concerning DiDi, and put her hand on the robot-girl’s shoulder.

“You may stop now, DiDi. Pull up your pants.” Then to Max, with a wave of her hand: “Come this way, won’t you?”

The group left the robotization facility, the moans and cries echoing in Max’s ears even after the heavy door slid closed. As they walked down a long connecting hallway to the main building, Max thought, but wasn’t sure, that the two women had switched places—the soft woman now escorting DiDi. The hard woman at her elbow.

“We now have a fairly complete profile on you, Max. We know everything about you,” the hard woman said, pausing to turn and make sure she caught Max’s eyes, “that’s worth knowing.

“We know, for example, why you made the decisions you did while DiDi was in your care. You thought they were such difficult decisions too. Did you actually think for one minute you were going to drive her to the hospital in that blizzard? Simply let her go? You took her home because you wanted to bring her home.”

Max finally caught on that the two women were playing good Robocop, bad Robocop with her.

“People are more complicated than you give them credit for,” Max responded bitterly. “DiDi isn’t just someone you turned into a fucking robot just to make a few bucks. She has a heart. She has a soul. All the brainwashing in the world can’t remove someone’s soul.”

“Why would we want to?” the soft one said from behind, running her hand down the back of DiDi’s head. “What’s the point in having a human female as your robot if there is nothing human or female about her? People don’t want automatons, Max. They want friends, lovers, maids, cooks, sisters, daughters. What they desire is for us to provide. Granted, their programming does lean toward the sexual, as you saw. It is an unavoidable, but crucial, necessity.

“The only way to get right into someone’s soul, as you say, is to make it addictively pleasurable to surrender it.”

One of the men hurried ahead to open the door to the main building.

“You’re nuts,” Max said as she entered.

The women both laughed.

The women were talking—showing off the various rooms they passed—but Max couldn’t make sense of it all. It was surreal. Beautician, dentist, fitness room, even a spa. All to keep the robot-girls outsides as scrubbed and efficient as their insides.

A wave of the man’s hand ushered Max into a new room—the carpeting, furniture and fixtures making it appear like the interior of a typical, upscale home.

“So far, the profile we compiled on you has proven accurate,” the hard one said as she joined her sister in front of Max. “Don’t let that bother you. We’ve been very precise predicting the outcomes of our other test cases too, even at this early stage. Sit?”

Max dug in her heels. “I’ll stand. Test cases?”

“Very well. Yes, test cases. Though you may disapprove of what we do here, Max, you also appreciate it. That’s why you were chosen. And so close to home too.”

The blowout. That flat tire. The coincidence of finding DiDi, Max realized, had been no coincidence.

“You made a connection with DiDi without the all the preliminaries—the first dates, the romantic dinners, the wild nightclubs, the morning breakfasts. I could almost say it’s surprising how quickly you were attracted to her. And she to you, Max. Give yourself a little credit too.”

The other woman chimed in: “That says more about you than about us, dear, and what kind of companionship we’d offer a woman of your quality.”

“This is all bullshit!” Max’s anger had surfaced and she was not the type to tamp it down. “Profiled me, huh? Then you knew ahead of time I’d think this was all some bullshit story you were feeding me. I may not know exactly what’s going on here, but I know it’s not to serve all of mankind or whatever pile of crap you tell the people who pay your bills.”

The two women looked at each other in resignation. Max could hardly tell them apart now.

“Yes, be that as it may, we do need to get back to work,” one said. “The storm has created a number of problems for us. Your presence here is not one of them, however, rest assured. The power outage removed some flexibility on our end, but it also delayed some of our decisions until DiDi maneuvered you here.”

The other stepped closer, and Max could see a gleam in her eye.

“Let me ask you something, Max. Do you think the women you saw next door are better off or worse than before we took them in?”

“I have no fucking idea.”

“Would you like to find out for yourself? As an experiment only. We can promise not to do any tampering with your mind. Honestly, we’re as curious as you are to see what your reaction is to the initial phase of our conditioning.

“Then you can wake up and tell us all about it. What do you say?”

“I say you’re both insane.”

The gleam was gone.

“I don’t think it’s in your best interest to insult us, Max. If you are determined to cause problems for the company, well, let’s just say we can make your problems doubly difficult on you.”

Max knew she didn’t have any leverage in this situation. She couldn’t take DiDi out of there. She couldn’t get herself out. Would these crazy women make her like DiDi? Would she end up a robot too?

No matter how horrific it was to see those women, strapped down and helpless, having their minds rewritten into being non-human servants, it was also bizarrely seductive. The thrashing and moaning … the sweet torture. What must it be like to be controlled that way? No worries, no concerns. Just submissive, obedient, selfless programming with near-constant orgasmic reinforcement. Max could tell the way DiDi moved that what was really on the inside of a robot-girl’s mind was unrelenting ecstasy.

“We’ll give you a moment to think about it. If you decline, then you are free to go. As long as you keep what you’ve discovered here to yourself.

“We know you are very good at keeping secrets, Max.”

Max steeled herself. “I’ll pass. Thanks.”

“Then we’ll say good-bye. Lawrence will see you out.”

One of the men stepped forward. Max moved closer to the two women, indistinguishable now.

“Wait a minute! That’s it? You’re just going to let me walk out of here?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t think that’s gonna work.”

“And why is that?”

“Hey, I’ve seen this place. I know what you do here. I don’t plan on looking over my shoulder the rest of my life worrying about when you’ll change your mind and think I’m too much of … of … of a security risk.”

The women sighed in unison.

“We could have abducted you last night, Max, if we’d wanted to. Or a month ago. We wanted to see how you’d react to being with a robot, how long it would take you to believe she actually was a robot, then thinking she wasn’t again. There were times when it mattered to you very much. And other times when it didn’t matter at all.

“We wanted to see how DiDi reacted to you, of course. You’re a very admirable person, Max. That’s a compliment. This is a fast-growing company, yes, but we do need field research and constant innovation if we are to succeed. It’s crucial at this stage in our growth.”

Max was feeling weak. It was all too much. She wanted to gain some strength by looking at DiDi, but her lovely robot-girl’s attention was on the women, not her.

“D …”

She was losing her.

“You’re thinking about the girls on the other side of this wall, aren’t you, Max? Thinking about their blissful and arousing indoctrination. Being in a permanent state of … well, you understand it all well enough I think.”

Max shook her head.

“I understand it. You make them think they are robots to control them, then you tie their existence as a robot to freaking orgasms? That’s pretty messed up.”

“You’re forgetting one thing, Max. Let’s not forget your orgasms. You enjoyed every minute with DiDi. Besides, our robots already know how we control them. That’s part of the deal. How many people would turn down the opportunity to spend their lives in unending ecstasy?”

Max tried to think what DiDi was thinking at that moment as she stood stiffly beside her. She didn’t need to know. She saw the wide, dark patch of wetness between her legs bleeding through the sweatpants.

“How much?”

“Oh, we see how it is. You enjoyed having one of our robots so much you want to keep the sample. Who wouldn’t? Someone you can talk to? Someone to take care of you, while you can satisfy your conscience believing that you are taking care of them. The daughter you never had and probably never will.”

“How much?”

“What are you willing to spend dear? You don’t have enough money to buy her outright. She’s not a dishwasher you can put on layaway. Pay her off like your mortgage. What are you willing to give us in exchange?”

Max knew she was boxed in. If there was a sword to fall on, she would have. It showed on her face.

“You can be valiant and sacrifice yourself for her. That’s very you. But what would become of DiDi in the end? Neither of you would ever be as happy as you were last night, that’s for certain.”

The second woman (or was it the first?) spoke up: “We’re not interested in you, Max. You don’t have the type of personality we’re looking for. The mindset. You’re very strong-willed, stubborn. Grounded. A doer and a thinker. There’s nothing we can offer you in that room.

“Didi is another matter. We don’t need to tell you what kind of person she was. You think you already know. You may even be partly correct. However, she signed a contract. An agreement made of her own free will. She is our property, and we have invested a lot in her already. We intend on keeping her here until she is ready to be sold to someone who appreciates her as much as you do. Not the same way perhaps …”

“I don’t want you to do anything to her,” Max said, reaching out and squeezing DiDi’s hand in hers. “She’s perfect just as she is.”

Max looked at DiDi, who took her eyes off the two women and met Max’s determined ones. Then a smile of recognition—not that she hadn’t known who Max was. But because she knew exactly who Max was.

DiDi squeezed back.

“Then we’ll say again—what are you willing to offer us in exchange for this very expensive, very lovely piece of merchandise?”

* * *

Epilogue

Robot DiDi, serial number 3042A Dash 686, poured the coffee carefully. The man smiled up at her, running his hand along her arm—more of a grope than a caress. DiDi turned to put the pot back on the stove and the man squeezed her ass because it was there for the squeezing.

DiDi, naked but for an apron, began to wipe down the countertop showing neither interest in the man’s lewd overtures nor in him.

Max entered the kitchen slightly out of breath, tugging the robe’s belt tightly around her waist. The cleavage and open slit up her leg confirming that she was naked underneath. She pulled a piece of paper from a pocket and handed it to the man.

“Here’s the checklist. I’ll enter everything on the computer. She checks out pretty well.” Then a laugh. DiDi’s eyes sparkled hearing it. “She’s a little dynamo. I’m not sure how many people are gonna be able to keep up with her.”

The man glanced at the paper before folding it and putting it in his coat.

“Anything else?” he asked as he stood up.

“You want my recommendation?”

The man sighed out of familiarity, not impatience.

“She definitely should be a blonde, not a brunette.” Another laugh. “And I think she skews a little younger than me. Maybe mid-20s would be better. She’s a moaner too, but it’s very cute moaning. The rest … is perfect.”

The blonde robot-girl entered the kitchen smiling demurely in a sundress and parka. Her head tilted as she watched DiDi clean the kitchen.

“When’s the next one? I may need a day or two to recover.”

The man bent down and picked up a brown leather bag, placing it on the kitchen table. “Saturday,” he said. He unzipped it and took out cuffs, rope, a ball gag, duct tape … and a flogger.

“Jesus,” said Max, eyes wide. “For me?”

The man chuckled.

“Call it a perk of the job, Max. You may learn a few things about yourself with the next one.”

He gave her a wink, then took the blonde by the arm and led her to the front door.

Max leaned heavily on it as she closed the door behind them.

“D!”

“Yes, Max?”

Max quick-stepped back into the kitchen.

“Let’s see what else is in that bag.”

The end