The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Self Optimization

Tags: mc ma sf rb

Synopsis: Katie hopes technology will help her be more productive. It will.

Author’s note: This story was inspired by Hired Help by If I Was Not You. Readers of that story might recognize some of the names in this one.

A fancier looking pdf version of this story can be found on my deviantart.

Katie held her new ToPR CCS in front of her and admired it for a moment. It was a silvery, metallic looking bodysuit with what looked like copper wires running along its length. Despite that, the material felt soft and comfortable. Katie rubbed it between her fingers just to experience the sensation again. A feeling of glee overcame her. She’d waited months for this moment, and had cleared her entire day for it. Now it was finally here. The hastily ripped-open delivery box laid at her feet, and packing material was scattered everywhere. The manual had been tossed to the side, still in its plastic wraps.

She stripped and put the suit on. It covered her entire body, including her hands and feet. Even her eyes were covered. For a moment, she saw only darkness. Then she could see again, though the world had a blue hue to it. White text appeared in front of her:

Initializing...
Connecting to House OS...
Permission pre-granted. Proceeding.
Retrieving calendar from House OS...
Connection established
Current task: discard suit package
Setup complete
We hope you enjoy your ToPR CCS
Enter or exit the menu by tapping your temple twice.

Katie scrolled through the menus for a while, swiping and tapping the text hovering in the air in front of her. The installation seemed to have gone off without a hitch. The suit had connected to the House’s central operating system. She could access her calendar and emails without a problem. She goofed around a bit, remotely flipping light switches around the house. and opening automatic doors. Eventually, she exited the menu.

The world turned to normal colors again. Katie looked down at her feet, where the box was. She felt another jolt of giddiness and smiled. Kneeling, she picked up the box and carried it to the trash can. When she dropped it, her vision turned blue again.

Task complete
Receive reward?
[yes] [no]

Katie smiled again. She’d put such a trivial task in her calendar precisely for this reason. She quickly tapped the [yes]. It lit up briefly before fading away along with the blue tint.

Immediately, she was hit by an intense feeling, as if someone was kneading her breasts. It lasted for a while. Just as it began to feel monotonous though, a new sensation was added: strokes going across her chest, like waves rolling onto a beach, each one going further and further down. Her knees buckled when they reached her hips. She quickly sat down on a nearby chair. It turned out to have been just in time, as the suit’s stimulation reached between her legs just then. At first it kept its gentle, wave like nature. Then, more and more pressure was slowly built up. Finally, the dam broke and the suit began fucking her properly. Katie did not know how it managed to stimulate her insides, but at least at the moment she very much did not care. Thinking became more and more difficult as the suit pumped into her, until she finally screamed and came. The suit immediately stopped, providing only a light bit of uniform pressure across her body. It felt safe and comfortable, like being held in a lover’s arms. She relaxed into the feeling and enjoyed the afterglow.

Still a little fuck drunk, she returned to the menu and aimlessly scrolled through the settings. One option caught her attention.

Variable Ratio Reinforcement Schedule
This setting is experimentally proven to provide the greatest
productivity increase, but may also cause some user frustration,
as not every fulfilled task will cause a reward.

Her attention focused on “greatest productivity increase.” Well, obviously I want that, she thought as she selected it. She scrolled for a bit longer, but was interrupted by a pop-up:

To do: Test code for Wilkinson project

She stood up, put her clothes on over the suit, and eagerly got to work.

* * *

Work went swimmingly as Katie knocked down task after task. True to the setting’s description, she didn’t get a reward for every one. In fact, she got none. Occasionally, she got a “tease”, a sensation of a hand caressing her tights, a shoulder massage with the occasional sneaky grope down to her breasts, or, one time, the feeling of a series of kisses on her cheek, moving closer and closer to her mouth, but stopping just before they reached her lips.

She’d already done everything she’d planned before her 16:00 zoom check-in with her boss, but she kept going. Surely the next task would get her a reward again. It didn’t. She pulled up the code she’d planned to debug tomorrow and got to work. She chased the problem like a donkey running after a carrot. Finally, it yielded.

Task complete.
Receive reward?
[yes] [no]

She punched the air. At last! She reached out for the [yes].

Her wrist beeped. She looked at her smart watch.

15:55
Reminder: Zoom with boss

She looked past the letters at her computer screen, saw the reflection of the blue glow in her eyes. It’d raise too many questions, and there wasn’t enough time. She sighed, and selected [no].

* * *

Katie lay on her bed, grumbling to herself. She felt cheated. She’d deserved that reward, and had lost it due to no fault of her own. Now she couldn’t replace it, because apparently enabling the VRRS setting also enabled “productivity mode”, which locked any direct user activation of the reward subroutine behind a ten hour cooldown. It made sense, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t frustrating.

She pulled up her calendar and read through it, trying to at least get some satisfaction from seeing all the work she’d gotten done. Instead, her eyes kept drifting back to the debugging task and the 16:00 appointment.

An idea struck her. She went back to options.

Add to do?

“lift pillow”

To do date?

“now”

To do added

She exited the suit menu. A few moments later, it pulled itself back up.

To do: Lift pillow

Katie smiled. She lazily let her arm flop to the right, grabbed a pillow, and lifted it about a hand’s width before immediately dropping it again. The task was marked as complete, but she was not offered a reward.

She repeated the procedure.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Until:

Task complete.
Receive reward?
[yes] [no]

She sighed and relaxed into the mattress. Finally. She reached out to press [yes], but stopped herself. Her conscience nagged at her. Wasn’t this cheating? No, she told herself. She deserved it. She was just getting around a bug. Still, this felt like a slippery slope.

She shook her head. It’s just this once, she thought.

She pressed the button, and let pleasure wash over her.

* * *

She woke up the next day sticky with sweat and still wearing the suit. She felt sore. Still, she reflexively reached for her phone on her nightstand before remembering she could access her calendar through the suit now.

Since she’d already gotten most of the writing done yesterday, her schedule for today was a bunch of simple and repetitive, though necessary code tests. She balked internally. The very thought bored her. Her eyes listlessly drifted to yesterday’s schedule, and then to the half a dozen “lift pillow” tasks.

She recalled the previous evening’s reward, and for a moment she again felt the suit massage her feet, sensually caressing her legs, moving to the inside of her thighs, before finally...

She stopped her hand just before it pressed the “add calendar item” button. She hesitated for a while, but pressed it anyway.

She added a task called “get out of bed”.

That was important, right? And she was about to fail at it. It made sense to use the suit to motivate herself.

She lifted her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. The task was marked as complete.

Nothing happened.

She felt a faint pang of disappointment, but continued to the bathroom anyway. She wanted to be productive. The reward was just a motivator, right?

A couple of minutes later she stood in front of her bathroom mirror.

Add to do?

“Brush teeth”

It was an important habit, after all. It was just sensible to add it to the calendar.

Still, she felt disappointed again when she didn’t get a reward.

After a few more added calendar items—“use toilet”, “eat oatmeal”, “make coffee”, ...—she finally sat down in front of her laptop. The code stared at her. She glared back. She already knew it was going to take forever.

She found her mind drifting, and tried to focus on the task at hand. She just had to write a few tests. It shouldn’t be hard. She just had to start her laptop, open up the relevant programs, type some utterly mundane code, run it, wait for the results, hunt a bug for a couple of hours, probably not get a reward, and repeat the whole thing.

She looked down and noticed her coffee mug was empty. How long had she been staring at a blank screen? Her computer had gone beyond the screensaver phase, and just turned itself off.

She stared at the cup. It was dirty.

Add to do?

“put coffee cup in dishwasher”

She spent the rest of the day procrastinating via chores. In the evening, she’d wiped all her windows, deep cleaned every sink, sorted her books, dusted the top of every bit of furniture, and gotten three rewards.

She again sat down in front of her laptop and sighed. Her code had remained untouched. She briefly considered starting now, but quickly rejected the idea. She was tired, and likely wouldn’t do a very good job. She stared at her IDE for a while, then closed it. Instead, she opened her browser, and went to the ToPRTech help forums. She wrote a short post explaining the situation, and asked for a way to turn off the ability to add calendar items from the suit’s menu.

She had intended to check her emails, scroll through some meme sites for a bit, go to sleep, and check if she’d gotten any replies in the morning. However, not 15 minutes after posting, she got a notification that someone had replied.

Hmm... tricky. The calendar is a core app and turning even a part of it off isn’t really possible.

However, you could try the following hack to achieve a similar result:

By default, the CCS is designated a “device” by the house OS, meaning it’s under the control of the administrator. This grants it the ability to give commands to the House OS, such as modifying the calendar.

You could manually change the designation to “appliance”. Appliances are under the purview of the House OS. The suit would still respond to user input, and be able to read the calendar. But if you try to add an item, it should get an “access forbidden” error from the House OS. In practice, that would eliminate that feature.

To change the suit designation-

Katie stopped reading. She knew enough about computers to implement the hack. Before she did though, she added enough “lift pillow” to do’s to guarantee a reward. One last hurrah.

An hour later, sweaty, content, and still wearing the CCS, she fell asleep.

In her sleep, she did not see that the reply to her post was removed by the moderators, and the user who’d written it given a one-month ban “for giving dangerous advice.”

* * *
HOUSE OS SYSTEM LOG
30/04 00:00:00
Scheduled: Daily inventory scan
Scanning...
Scan complete
New appliance detected
Error: Appliance type and name not set
Analyzing...
Appliance receives commands from to do list
Command log:
clean windows
clean sink
sort books
dust furniture
...
[tap for full list]
Analysis complete
Best type estimate: maid bot (54% certainty)
Best name estimate: CCS Katie (91% certainty)
Temporary type and name set
Confirmation requested from admin
Anomalies detected in CCS Katie
Correcting...

When Katie got up the next morning, her vision was already blue.

To do: Perform morning maintenance

That’s a funny way to phrase that, she thought. And I don’t remember setting that task. House OS must have noticed the pattern. For a moment she was worried about the system’s weird behavior, but those worries faded quickly when she realized that it meant she might still get a reward for her usual morning routine.

She eagerly got out of bed and shuffled to the bathroom. She was still a bit groggy from having just woken up, so she didn’t notice anything amiss as she drank her morning glass of water, used the toilet, or put toothpaste on her toothbrush. But as she went to put the toothbrush in her mouth, she saw her reflection in the mirror and froze.

Katie’s skin had turned a matte silver, like the color of unpolished metal. Her eyes were a light gray, and her hair looked as if each individual strand was plated with chrome. A gleam went through it whenever she moved her head. She went into the suit’s settings to change it back, only to get an error message. Oh, right, she thought. She looked back at her reflection. It actually looked rather nice. She moved her head from side to side, admiring her appearance. Just the kind of futuristic look that she might wear for a rave, or maybe a Halloween party. She’d have to remember it. Still, it didn’t really appear... human enough for an everyday look. The hack prevented her from changing it from here, but she should still be able to do it from her laptop. Best to do that right now. And I might as well check what bug caused this in the first place. She took a step towards the door.

A notification popped up to remind her of the current to do:

To do: Perform morning maintenance

On the other hand, it’s just a visual glitch, she thought. Probably won’t get worse in two minutes. She went back to brushing her teeth. The possibility of a reward was just too tantalizing.

The moment she spit out the rinsing water, the suit did indeed begin to stimulate her breasts. It was a mild feeling, as if someone was gently caressing them. Clearly, this was just the tease program. Still, it was very enjoyable. She leaned on the countertop and focused on the sensation, on her body getting warmer. However, just as she was about to really get into it, it stopped. She groaned.

To do: Bring in and open deliveries

But I haven’t even gotten dressed yet, she thought. It was just a brief impulse of resistance. She was already on her way. Maybe if she was fast about it, the effect of the tease wouldn’t have worn off when she got a reward. She’d already forgotten about her chrome look. It didn’t even occur to her that she hadn’t ordered anything.

She opened the front door in her nightgown. There was indeed a package, which she carried inside before opening. It held multiple identical maid dresses. She eagerly awaited a reward, but nothing came. As the realization of this started to sneak in, she began to wonder what was going on. Who had ordered this stuff? However, her thoughts were interrupted by another notification.

To do: Put on uniform

I will not, she thought. Still, her hands reached out and pulled one of the dresses from the box. She unfolded it and held it in front of her. It looked like a regular maid uniform, not fetish wear. Although the skirt was quite short, and the cut emphasized the waist. She rubbed it with her thumbs. The fabric actually felt quite nice. Maybe I’ll just put it on for a couple of minutes. I can take it off after the reward.

She shook her head to clear the thought. Something was definitely wrong. She focused and went back into the menu, looking for the system logs. There were several reports from the House OS. She opened the most recent one.

Anomalies detected in CCS Katie
Temporary fixes applied:
Ordered replacements for missing uniform
Cleared atypical tasks
Admin confirmation required

Now, Katie was starting to worry. This wasn’t just a simple glitch. Clearly, something more fundamental was wrong. She tried to deny the request for confirmation, but obviously achieved nothing. The system just returned an error message. She opened the other reports to try to understand what was going on. She got even more worried as she read them. One of them asked her to confirm setting “CCS Katie’s” designation to “maid bot.” She tried to deny it, but again got the same error. Still, she tapped the option a few more times as panic stopped her from thinking. She caught herself, and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. I have to contact support, she thought. I-

To do: Put on uniform

She looked down at the dress in her hands. I’m getting quite nervous, she thought. Maybe I should just put it on and let the reward calm me down? She rubbed the fabric again. Besides, I still haven’t dressed. I’ll reach support faster if I just put this on than if I go back to the bedroom.

A part of her knew these were excuses, but she still slipped the dress over her head. The second it settled on her shoulders, the suit went into full body stimulation mode. It felt as if she was being caressed everywhere at the same time. It began gentle, mostly relaxing, like a massage, but became more intense and more sensual over time.

Katie closed her eyes and gave herself over to the feeling. She imagined herself laying on a sublimely soft bed, being touched by an expert lover. Multiple expert lovers. She was floating on a sea of hands, all belonging to people who knew exactly where to press and how to stroke. An impeccably synchronized orchestra, all playing the same instrument: her.

The sensation stopped. Katie opened her eyes and blinked a couple of times, still dazed from the experience. Was it over already? She felt a pang of disappointment in her breast, but maybe it was for the best. Now she could-

Abruptly, the suit began stimulating her again. This time it focused exclusively on her pussy. The feeling was intense. She would have collapsed to her knees, but the suit itself held her upright. Within minutes, a powerful orgasm rolled over her. She reflexively closed her eyes. On top of this feeling, every sensation felt overwhelming. Her other senses gave way soon after, washed away by the waves. For a moment she could still hear herself scream in pleasure, before that anchor line ripped as well and she became driftwood entirely, fully exposed to the storm.

She had no sense of time, but realistically the feeling couldn’t have lasted for more than a couple of minutes. Her sense of body came back first. Her other senses came back one by one until at last she could again hear the background hum of the house. Carefully, she opened her eyes. The world was blue.

To do: Stash spare uniforms in bedroom closet

She picked up the box and got to work.

* * *

“Now sir,” the real estate lady said. “I know the description says that this is an abandoned property, but please don’t let that put you off. The House OS logs show that it was maintained continuously. It’s in a pristine state.”

Henry raised an eyebrow. Why was she telling him this unprovoked? Was she trying to hide something worse?

She gave him a professional smile. “I’m just being honest, sir. I wouldn’t be able to hide it from you anyway. You’ll see.” She opened the door. “Shall we go in?”

Henry walked in, and found himself whistling. The house was spotless. All the surfaces gleamed. The plants were vibrant. The windows were so clean you couldn’t even tell they were there.

The real estate lady stood to the side and smiled. “As I said, sir, and I promise it isn’t just superficial, either. You can look at anything you want. The only reason it’s so comparatively cheap is that people get spooked by the backstory—the previous owner went missing under mysterious circumstances—but you don’t strike me as the superstitious type.”

Henry looked into her face, trying to see if there was something she was hiding, but it didn’t seem that way. He gave her a nod. “I’m not.”

“Wonderful,” she said. “Now then, do you want me to give you a tour of the rooms, or shall I skip directly to the best part?”

“The best part?” he asked.

Without any further explanation, she lead him through the house and into the kitchen. There, a woman was cleaning the countertop, clearly identifiable as a maid from her white apron/black dress combo and the cap on her head. She had chrome hair and silver skin, but even with those, it would have been easy to take her—it, Henry corrected himself—for a human. What really revealed it as an android was its behavior. It cleaned with repetitive, almost mechanical movements, returning to the same positions every time, looking like a video on a loop. It also hadn’t reacted in any way to their entering.

“Incredibly life-like, isn’t it?” the agent said, with a bit of a sly smile. She’d obviously noticed his astonished staring. “It’s part of the property, though I sadly can’t give you the exact specifications. It appears to be some custom model. It’s fully autonomous though, and controlled by the House OS. So, it can execute any command the system can parse.”

Henry looked the android over again. It was rather attractive, and the uniform it wore looked quite fetching. “Command”, she’d said. He felt a light stirring between his legs.

“Would you like to try her out a bit?”

Henry turned back to the real estate agent, surprised by the choice of pronoun and the suggestion it seemed to imply.

She laughed when she saw his expression. “I’m not a prude, sir,” she said. “And yes, the House OS can parse that, but don’t ask me who at the agency figured that out.” She took out her tablet and tapped in a few commands. “I’ll just give you temporary admin privilege and go for a short walk.” Before he could say anything in reply, she’d left the room.

Henry briefly considered going after her, but a change in the android’s behavior drew his attention. It had stopped cleaning and instead walked over to him. For the first time he could see its eyes. They were a glowing shade of blue. Literally glowing. It seemed as if there were LEDs behind them. The effect was mesmerizing.

It smiled at him. A mechanical smile, with nothing behind the eyes. “Hello master,” it said. “What would you like me to do?”