The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Separation Anxiety

Author: BedHead

Chapter 1 — Opportunity

Tanja peered at the hostel’s notice board, and nudged her friend. “Gisela, look!”

Gisela peered down to read the notice, looking over Tanja’s head; her extra twenty centimeters of height made that quite easy. “Wanted: healthy women, 24-35, to participate in medical study. One day stay, includes overnight. Expenses plus eight hundred...”—she did a double take. “Eight hundred pounds? For a day’s work? Did I understand that correctly? That’s nearly a thousand Euros!”

“Exactly,” agreed Tanja. “Look at the date, it has just been posted.”

“There’s a QR code...” Gisela pulled out her phone and scanned it. A map, address, and opening hours popped up. “It’s an office, about ten minutes from here.” She checked the time. “They’re open for another hour. Do you want to take a look?”

“Yes; what’s the harm?” Tanja shrugged. “It seems too good to be true, but we could really use the money. That’s most of a week’s expenses paid for, even in London. And if it’s overnight, we don’t even have to pay for accommodation that night.”

Na ja, are you ready to go then, Mausi?” Gisela pulled on her daypack. “There’s a good and inexpensive Thai restaurant around the corner from that office, according to online reviews; we could get food while we’re there, even if it’s a bust.“

“I’m with you, Perle. I swear, I will never get tired of Thai food. Let’s see what they want from us for eight hundred pounds, and if it’s not our thing then we can drown our sorrows in peanut sauce and Tsingtao beer.”

Gisela laughed. “Mausi, I can never understand how you manage to fit so much Tsingtao and chicken satay in your tiny body. Truly, when it comes to Thai, your pig comes out.”

Tanja gently kicked her. “And you, Perle, you’re always eyeing the waiters. I think you’re a bit of a Rice Queen, no?”

“Guilty!” Gisela grinned. “They’re good-looking, and they bring me food and beer. What’s not to like?”

The two backpackers headed out into the busy late afternoon foot traffic. The winding London streets made navigation difficult for the unfamiliar, but the girls had been in town for more than a week and had got the hang of how to locate where they were, and where they were headed.

“It’s just around the corner,” Gisela announced, studying her phone. “Turn right... here!” The precision of the directions to the office appealed to her German sensibilities.

The building was a glass-and-steel construction, three stories high, housing small offices for a substantial number of different businesses. The girls entered the anonymous, grey-and-blue carpeted foyer, and looked at the office map.

“Dr Zhao... she’s on this floor, office 104.” Tanja checked the nearest office door for its number. “Looks like it’s down this corridor?”

The girls slowly walked down the corridor, checking door numbers. 104 was, like the others, a bland cream-colored door with the number painted on, and a replaceable name plate holder currently displaying “DR ZHAO” and Chinese characters which presumably said the same thing.

“I believe this is it?” Tanja pressed the doorbell.

They heard soft footsteps and the door opened. A middle-aged woman of Chinese descent, dressed in a medical tunic, smiled at them.

“Hello, may I help you?”

Gisela stepped forward. “Hallo, we saw an advert in our hostel for volunteers for medical tests; we would like to find out more?”

“Of course! Please come in. I am Nurse Chang; I work for Doctor Zhao.” She ushered the two girls into the small office, and indicated that they should sit. “What are your names, please?”

“I’m Gisela. This is Tanja.”

“You’re German, yes? I can hear an accent, though your English is very good.”

“That is correct,” Gisela confirmed. “I’m from Dresden; Tanja is from Duisberg.”

Nurse Chang took a seat behind her desk. “Well, I’m sure you have questions; what would you like to know?”

“Could you please tell us what is involved?” Gisela asked. “The notice said it was one day, including an overnight stay. What would we have to do?”

“It’s a dietary supplement test.” Nurse Chang pulled some sheets of paper out of a drawer and slid them over the desk. “We are checking the safety and effect of the supplements, so we get you to fast—that is, not eat any food—for 12 hours before the study, then give you the supplements, in increasing amounts. throughout the day. We get you to eat fairly bland foods at normal mealtimes. Then we see how the supplements leave your system overnight. It’s twenty-four hours—8am to 8am—and we’d be taking blood and fluid samples every couple of hours. Are you okay with needles? That’s what usually puts people off.”

Tanja and Gisela looked at each other and shrugged. “We are okay with them.”

“Good.” Nurse Chang scrutinized them. “You both look healthy, not over- or under-weight. Are you interested in proceeding? I’d like to take some measurements and information from you both, if so.”

“Could you give us a minute to talk, please?” asked Gisela.

“Of course, take your time.” Chang started tapping on her computer’s keyboard.

Gisela swung her chair to face Tanja and switched to German. “What do you think, Mausi?”

“It doesn’t sound terrible,” Tanja shrugged. “For a thousand Euros—and no tax!—I can put up with being a bit hungry, eating bland food, and being poked with needles a few times. What about you?”

“Same. I can see why they need to advertise a high payment, but I’m okay with some discomfort. So, we’re good?”

“Let’s do it,” confirmed Tanja.

Gisela swung back to face Nurse Chang and switched back to English. “Thank you. Yes, we’d like to go forward.”

“Very good. Please fill out this information.” Chang handed each of them an iPad displaying a form. “And can I start with you, Tanja? Please step on this weighing scale.”

Chang took Tanja’s weight, height, pulse, blood pressure and oxygen saturation, then listened to her back with a stethoscope.

“Everything seems fine with you, Tanja. You seem very healthy!” Chang paused. “I should have asked before: are either of you menstruating—that is, bleeding—now, or due in the next few days?”

“No,” confirmed Tanja. “We both will have our days at the end of next week.”

“That’s good.” Chang beckoned Gisela. “Come on dear, let me check you over. Please fill in the form now, Tanja.”

Once the two girls had completed their forms, Chang put on her spectacles and read through them carefully.

“I believe we can proceed. There’s nothing here that is a contra-indication for the study. I will of course have to check with Dr Zhao, but she will call you if there are any problems.” She looked at the girls. “What day would you like to do it? For instance, we can do tomorrow—that is, Friday—or Saturday. If not then, Tuesday or Wednesday next week.”

Gisela looked at her friend. “You know, Saturday is always so busy in London. We would not be missing much.”

Tanja nodded. “That makes sense.” She turned to Chang. “Could we please do Saturday?”

“Saturday, it is.” Chang wrote in some information on the papers. “As I said earlier, you will need to eat nothing from Friday night, 8pm, and drink no water after midnight. Turn up at this address, Dr Zhao’s clinic, at 8am.” She pointed to a small map printout. “You can take a taxi there; we will pay for it. You can expect to leave just after 8am on Sunday.” She smiled. “I suggest you bring some reading material; we do have TVs for you, but British TV is not to everyone’s taste, and people are often happier just reading. It’s not very exciting, I’m afraid.”

“We understand.” Tanja took a moment to think. “That all seems good. What do we need to bring with us?”

“Very little,” said Chang. “We’ll provide sleeping clothes. You’re welcome to bring your phones, but I should warn you that cell reception in our rooms is not great. Apart from reading material, basic overnight toiletries—toothbrush, makeup—and your fresh Sunday clothes should be all you need.” She paused. “Any other questions?”

Gisela and Tanja looked at each other, and shook their heads.

“Then, I think we are set.” Chang passed the papers over to the girls. “One other thing; we do ask that you not mention this testing on social media. If the supplement is successful, it would be a significant commercial win for Dr Zhao, and we don’t want the information leaking out early. Is that understood?”

“Clear,” confirmed Gisela. “Thank you, Nurse Chang.”

“You’re very welcome, dear.” Chang stood, signifying that the discussion was over. “We’ll see you Saturday! Have a nice time in London tomorrow. Do you have anything planned?”

“Greenwich Observatory!” said Gisela. “We have heard so much about it, and its history. We want to take a river boat there and tour around.”

“You know,” smiled Chang, “I’ve never been there, despite twenty years in London. You’ll have to tell me what it’s like.”

“Of course! Thank you,” agreed Tanja. “We will indeed see you on Saturday.”

The two girls exited the office and building, and high-fived each other.

“Eight hundred pounds each!” laughed Tanja. “I can definitely put up with being ‘a bit bored’ for a day for that much.” She looked around. “Where’s that Thai place you mentioned?”

“Down that alleyway,” Gisela pointed. “If we don’t get a call from Dr Zhao tomorrow cancelling the test, let’s cancel Saturday night at the hostel—that will save us nearly 150 pounds.”

“Sounds like a plan to me, Perle.” Tanja turned down the alley. “Let’s see what the Pad Thai is like here.”

* * *

Just before 8am on Saturday, a black cab pulled up to the front of Dr Zhao’s clinic and disgorged Tanja and Gisela, both lugging their backpacks.

“Eleven pounds, please luv,” requested the cabbie.

Gisela passed him the money and a small tip. “Could you please give me a receipt?”

“Sure, darlin’.” The cabbie pulled a blank receipt form off a pad and scrawled something indecipherable on it. “There you go. Have a good ‘un.” He pulled away from the kerb, leaving the two girls on the deserted street.

Tanja scrutinized the store front. " ‘Chinese medicine and apothecary—Dr Zhao’. This seems to be it.” She pointed at the door. “It says that they’re closed.”

“Let’s knock.” Gisela strode up to the door and rapped with her knuckle.

A smiling face appeared in the window, and unlocked the door, which swung open. “You must be Gisela and Tanja. I am Min, Dr Zhao’s receptionist. Come in, please.” The receptionist pointed to two seats by the counter. “Please take a seat.”

“Do you have anywhere we can store our backpacks?” asked Gisela. “They’ll probably just get in the way. We have everything we need in our daypacks.”

“Of course.” Min opened up a cupboard behind the counter. “Will they fit in here?”

“Should do...” Gisela hoisted her pack into the space, adjusting it to fit more snugly. “Give me yours, Mausi.” She carefully stacked Tanja’s smaller pack on top of her own. “Does that look okay?”

Min pushed the door closed. “That’s fine. You may pick them up when you leave, but let me know if you need anything from them while you are here.” She cocked her head. “I think Dr Zhao is coming.”

The girls heard footsteps, and a middle-aged woman wearing a doctor’s coat appeared from the staircase leading downwards from reception. The woman had a smiling face, but piercing eyes.

“Hello Gisela, Tanja. I am Dr Zhao. It’s so nice to meet you.” She held out her hand, and both girls reflexively shook it.

“Welcome to our testing program. We need to process you in turn: who would like to go first?”

The girls looked at each other. Gisela shrugged. “I’m okay to start.”

“Thank you!” Zhao checked a notepad she was carrying. “You are Gisela, yes? You have such lovely blonde hair, my dear. I’m very envious! Please come with me. Tanja, please wait here. I’ll come for you in half an hour.”

“Okay...” Tanja pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her app timelines.

Zhao gestured down the stairs. “Down here please, Gisela.”

Tanja buried herself in her social media for a while, and lost track of time. The quiet office did nothing to bring her back to reality, until she became aware that Dr Zhao was standing in front of her.

“I’m sorry!” She stowed her phone. “I didn’t see you there.”

“You were somewhere else!” chuckled Zhao. “It’s no problem, my dear. Join me in my office, please.”

Tanja carefully descended the narrow staircase behind Zhao, and followed her into a small room which turned out to be Zhao’s office.

“Have a seat, my dear.” Zhao took a seat behind the desk. “Let’s talk about ‘you’. Thank you for filling out the questionnaire with Nurse Chang: I took a read-through, and there’s nothing there that I’m concerned about. I just wanted to confirm: you’re not on any medication other than your birth control?”

“Correct,” agreed Tanja.

“Your vital statistics are fine.” Zhao swung her computer monitor around to show her evaluation. “You could stand to lose a few pounds—sorry, kilos—but you’re in good health. Right in the third quartile for your age group—exactly what we’re looking for!” She presented an iPad to Tanja. “This is what we’re asking you to agree to for this study. Please read it through, all the way.”

Tanja took the proffered iPad and slowly scrolled through the text; her English was good, but still required effort from her to read and comprehend fully a dense page of text. Nothing in the page caused her concern, though, and she scrawled a signature with her finger at the bottom.

“Thank you!” Zhao retrieved the iPad. “Here is how the next 24 hours will go. One of my nurses will get you ready, including a blood tap in the back of your hand, and an I/V in your arm. We’ll infuse the supplement there, along with regular fluids to keep you hydrated. At 9am you’ll have breakfast; at 1pm, lunch; at 6pm, dinner. All those meals will be quite bland foods, I’m afraid. Every two hours your nurse will take observations of your vital signs, and blood and fluid samples.” She paused. “That’s a lot to take in; any questions so far?”

“I believe that is okay...” Tanja took a moment to reflect. “Yes, that is what I expected. You said you’d be taking blood every two hours?”

“Yes, but don’t worry; we’ll use the tap in your hand,” Zhao reassured her. “We’ll just connect to the tap each time we need a sample. It sounds like a lot of blood, but over 24 hours we take less than a quarter of a liter. Still, we recommend you eat a good amount of red meat in the next few days.” She smiled. “That’s not a doctor’s recommendation you get very often!”

Tanja smiled in response. “Yes, you are correct!”

Zhao pulled out a notepad. “Now my dear, we need to have a discussion about your psychology.” She saw Tanja tense up, as she had expected. “Don’t worry. This is not a psychiatrist’s couch. I just need to understand a bit more about you, so we can support you over the next twenty-four hours. After all,” she smiled warmly, “it can be quite an isolating and artificial experience.”

“I understand,” said Tanja cautiously. “What would you like to know?”

“Could you tell me about your emotional attachments, Tanja? Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?”

“Not really,” Tanja admitted. “Gisela and I are really good friends, but we are not together ‘like that’. I have not been in love with someone for a while now.”

“Could you tell me a little bit about the last time you were in love, please?” Zhao leaned forward, fixing Tanja with her eyes.

Tanja drew in a breath. “Well, ...”

* * *

There was a knock on the door behind her, which made Tanja start.

“Come in!” called Zhao.

Tanja turned to see the smiling face of Nurse Chang. “Hello, Tanja. I’m going to be your nurse for this study.” She looked at Zhao. “I’m ready for her now, Doctor, if you’re done?”

“Yes, I have everything I need.” Zhao rose and shook Tanja’s hand. “You’ll be in good hands with Nurse Chang, she’ll take great care of you. I’ll come in later this morning to see how you are doing.”

“Thank you, Doctor,” said Tanja. “Hallo, Nurse Chang. It is nice to see you again.”

“Come with me please, dear.” Chang guided her out of the office and down the corridor.

Just in front of them a door opened, and Gisela came out, followed by a nurse with a severe expression. Gisela was dressed in just a gown—Tanja could see from her position that Gisela wasn’t wearing anything underneath it—and was walking gingerly. Her face looked even paler than usual.

“How’s it going, Perle?” she enquired in German.

Gisela looked somewhat disoriented. “Okay, I guess....”

“This way, Gisela.” The nurse firmly guided her down the corridor. Chang gestured for Tanja to follow.

They entered a room which had been divided into two by a transparent perspex screen. On either side of the screen was a bed, with medical equipment at its side, some storage at the side of the room, and a TV with headphones connected to it. A curtain rail encircled each bed, but the curtains were currently pushed back.

The nurse brought Gisela to the left-hand bay, then took hold of the curtain and briskly pulled it around the bed.

Chang gently guided Tanja towards the right-hand bed, and similarly pulled the curtain around them.

“This is going to be your bed, my dear. I’m going to get you ready; please can you take off all your clothes, and put them in this basket.” She indicated a small white basket just underneath the bed. “There’s a gown in there for you to wear instead, and slippers. Once you’re done, just come out and I’ll take you next door to get started.” She slipped out around the edge of the curtain.

Tanja took a deep breath. This was going to be okay. Nurse Chang seemed very nice. She wasn’t so sure about Gisela’s nurse, though. Slowly she undressed herself, then pulled out the gown from the basket and tied it on, covering herself as best she could. The slippers were “one size fits none” but she managed to get them to stay on her feet. Satisfied that she had followed instructions, she followed Chang’s path out of the bay.

Chang was waiting for her. “All done? Come with me now, please.” Tanja followed her out of the door, but behind her could hear a low voice and what sounded like whimpering coming from Gisela’s bay.

Next door was a room with a low bed, covered in a rubber sheet, and some tubing and other items hanging from a stand. Chang patted the bed. “On here please, Tanja. Lie on your left side, and pull your knees up.”

Tanja did so, in trepidation.

She heard the ‘snap’ of gloves behind her. “We need to make sure you are ‘cleaned out’ before we start the evaluation.” Chang patted her shoulder. “I’m going to put some water inside you. It might be a bit uncomfortable, I’m afraid. Once we’re done, I’ll get you to push it out in the bathroom.”

Tanja took another deep breath, and nodded. “Eight hundred pounds,” she told herself. Some discomfort was going to be inevitable.

She felt something cold poking at her butt. “I’m putting it in now, okay Tanja?” It slid deep inside her, uncomfortable but not painful. “There! It’s in. That wasn’t so bad, was it?”

She shook her head, mute.

“You’ll feel the water going in now...” There was a click, and she started to feel a cool sensation spreading inside her. “It should all be inside in about ten minutes.”

Without anything else she could do, Tanja sighed and tried to relax. She felt Chang gently massaging her shoulders. “I know it’s a bit uncomfortable, darling. I’m sorry. You will feel better afterwards, I promise.”

After about ten minutes, Tanja was starting to feel really full, and something was starting to cramp inside. “I feel full, Nurse Chang” she moaned.

“Almost there, dear. Just take a little bit more for me...” Chang reached over to gently stroke Tanja’s swollen tummy. “We’re nearly done.”

Tanja felt like she was going to burst, but the tingle from Chang’s stroking helped her to partially relax.

“That’s the last bit!” Chang patted her back. “Try to keep clenched while I take it out.” Tanja felt the nozzle slide out of her, and obediently tried to keep her butt squeezed tight.

“Good girl. Let me help you up.” Chang guided her to her feet, and into a small adjoining bathroom. She helped Tanja plop unceremoniously onto the toilet there. “Let me turn on the fan... all right, let it all out. I’ll be back in ten minutes.” She winked at Tanja, and closed the door.

Tanja let her butt go, and felt water cascade out. She sighed with relief.

Ten minutes later, Chang returned as promised. She had Tanja stand, and tenderly cleaned her butt.

“Sparking clean!” Chang smiled at her, peeling off her gloves and taking Tanja by the hand. “Just one more thing: can you please bend over the bed for me, my dear. I have to put a small plug in you.”

Warily, Tanja did so, and felt Chang’s fingers exploring and stroking something cool on her hole. Then something soft started to push into her, and she gasped.

“Almost there, Tanja, please try to relax...” The invader pushed further in, and Tanja gulped as her sphincter closed around its base. “There! You can stand up now. Let’s get you back to bed.”

Tanja now understood Gisela’s previous tentative walk. She was similarly careful in following Chang back to the room.

Gisela’s bed was still encircled by curtains. Chang took Tanja to her side of the room, and folded back the sheet on the bed, placing a large pad in the center.

“On the bed, please, Tanja. I have to get your vitals, then connect you up.”

Tanja obeyed. Chang efficiently placed a pressure cuff around Tanja’s right arm, a peg on her index finger, and then stuck a thermometer in her ear. The cuff started to inflate.

Chang noted various numbers on her iPad. “That’s our baseline. Nothing abnormal there. Now I’m afraid I’m going to have to poke you a bit.” She took hold of Tanja’s left arm and cleaned a patch at the elbow, then uncapped a needle handing from the I/V stand. “In we go...” Tanja inadvertently hissed through her teeth as the needle went into her vein. Chang used it to insert a port, then carefully taped the port in place. She similarly sterilized a patch on the back of Tanja’s left hand and put another port in there.

Tanja tentatively unclenched her teeth. “Is that it?”

“Almost,” agreed Chang, “but there’s one more thing. Please lie flat, with your knees up and your feet flat on the bed.” Tanja obeyed, cautiously. She felt something cold applied to the lips of her sex, and shivered.

Chang put on a mask and fresh gloves. Tanja looked over to see her uncovering a long tube from a sterile packet and daubing lube on the end.

“We need to catheterize you to collect your fluids,” explained Chang, seating the end of the catheter against Tanja’s peehole. Tanja whimpered, afraid.

“Don’t worry, darling. I’ll be very gentle.” Chang, true to her word, very slowly inserted the catheter. Tanja felt a stinging as it slowly progressed down her urethra, and bit her lip.

Eventually she felt a pressure deep inside her, then a sharp sting.

“We’re in place. Let me just secure it...” Chang inflated a small balloon inside Tanja’s bladder, and connected the end of the tube to a collection bag hanging off the bed. “That’s it. Well done, Tanja.” She removed her gloves, and helped the girl sit up, then retrieved a tissue from her pocket and dabbed away the tears that had escaped Tanja’s eyes.

“That’s all the poking done!” Chang hung a bag from the I/V stand, connected it to the port in Tanja’s arm, and then injected the contents of a green-labelled syringe into the bag. “Here’s the supplement which the I/V will infuse.” She covered Tanja’s lower half with the sheet. “I’m afraid you’re more or less confined to the bed, my dear, but we’ll try to keep you comfortable.

Chang took a pair of test tubes from a rack next to the bed, and connected first one then the other to the port in Tanja’s hand. “This is your blood baseline,” she explained, writing a code on each tube before placing them inside a medical fridge under the bed. “We’ll take two tubes every two hours.”

She plumped up the pillows behind Tanja’s back. “Can I get you anything from your bag, dear?”

“My Kindle, and phone, please?” asked Tanja hopefully.

“Of course. Here you are...” Chang handed them over. “There is a charging point here if you need it.”

She patted the sheet. “Would you like me to push the curtain back?”

“Yes, please.” Tanja was curious about how Gisela was getting on.

“Let me show you how the privacy works.” Chang flicked the curtain back, so that the perspex wall was the only thing between Tanja and Gisela. “Either of you can move your curtain forwards to get some visual privacy. There’s an audio port in the wall—" she pointed to a grid of holes—“but you both have to slide a shutter back to be able to hear each other.” Tanja waved at Gisela, who tentatively waved back. “Do you want to talk to Gisela?”

“Yes, please.” Chang showed Tanja how to work the slide, and Gisela copied her to move her own slide back and greet her friend.

“Mausi, how are you doing?”

“I’ll leave you two alone to catch up,” smiled Chang. “One more thing, Tanja: we’ve got a camera facing the bed, so we can see how you’re doing, but if you have any problems or feel strange then press this call bell.” She indicated a button by the bed. “I’ll bring you breakfast in a few minutes.” She bustled out.