The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Separation Anxiety

Author: BedHead

Chapter 4 — Reboot

The elevator chimed its arrival, and Nurse Chang stepped out into the marble-floored room. As before, Ziba was reclined behind her desk; this time, she was reading a leather-bound book.

“Nurse Chang, so good to see you again. Do have a seat.”

“Ziba, the pleasure is mine, as always.” Chang perched herself on the small sofa. “How was your week?”

“Oh, it had its moments,” Ziba smirked.

“How is my darling?” Chang reached into her bag. “I’ve got something I need to give her before we travel back.”

“Oh, I think she’s fine.” Ziba rose gracefully from her desk. “Would you like to see?”

Chang followed the tall woman to the corner of the room, where she slid back a wooden panel on the wall to reveal a window. Ziba graciously stood back to allow Chang an uninterrupted view.

The room on the other side was decorated much in the style of a classic harem space, with silk drapes hanging from the walls, cushions and soft seating strewn over the floor, and in the middle of the room a large, low bed. On this, three female forms were intertwined, naked apart from their veils. Chang found it fairly easy to pick out Tanja’s short, curvy body, and smiled as she saw it was the focus of the other two womens’ attentions.

“She does look like she’s having a very nice time.”

“A little going-away gift!” laughed Ziba. “She has been so good, so obedient, so quick to learn. You prepared her well, Nurse Chang.” Ziba looked over Chang’s shoulder, and smiled at the slowly undulating knot of limbs on the bed. “Would you like to join them? I’m very sure that you will enjoy their attentions. I certainly do.”

Chang was tempted, and felt a stirring inside herself as she imagined being at the center of that amount of undivided attention. With some effort, though, she pulled herself back.

“It’s a very kind offer Ziba, but I’m on a schedule from the Doctor. Perhaps another time.”

“Perhaps.” Ziba slid the shutter closed. “Very well; then give my girls half an hour or so to ‘finish’ and get her bathed and ready.”

“Thank you. That will be fine.” Chang returned to her sofa and pulled out some knitting.

As promised, half an hour later Tanja was brought through to the hall. Chang put away her knitting and rose to greet her charge, who gave her an uncertain smile.

“Hello, my darling. It’s lovely to see you again.” Chang kissed her cheek and took her hands. “I hope you had a nice time.”

“We certainly did,” Ziba commented, strolling in front of Tanja to face her. “Farewell my dear. Or perhaps, auf wiedersehen.“

Tanja lowered her head and mumbled something, blushing. Ziba smiled, patting her on the head.

“Goodbye, Nurse Chang. Until the next time.” Ziba strode out of the room.

Chang presented Tanja with two small pills and a bottle of water. “Take these for me, dear. Our car is waiting.”

Tanja obediently swallowed the pills and took a gulp of water, making a face.

“I’m sorry dear, I know they’re a little bitter.” Chang led her to the elevator. “Let’s go home.”

Chang took her time getting Tanja settled and comfortable in the car, and by the time Min pulled out of the basement garage the girl’s eyes were already closed. Chang patted her hand.

“That’s right, darling, just rest. Dr Zhao is looking forward to seeing you again.”

* * *

Vu pulled up in her rental car outside the house stable block. She checked her watch: 9am, on the dot. Satisfied, she left the car and punched in the access code on the main door.

The hallway was just as she had left it. Even Gisela’s clothes were still on the chair, though they had clearly been laundered and neatly folded.

Vu stood still patiently, and soon heard the click of footsteps on parquet. Mistress strode into view from around the corner.

“So, we meet again, Vu.”

Vu inclined her head. “How did you enjoy your time, may I ask?”

“Oh, you may. It was a delightful week, my dear Vu. Our friend learned so much. Allow me to show you.”

She led Vu to a small room off the main corridor. As well as the usual tools and furniture of Mistress’s trade, there was a long low cage along one wall, and in that cage a blindfolded Gisela lay, naked apart from a sturdy neck collar and cuffs on her wrists.

“The poor darling is quite worn out,” explained Mistress, unlocking the cage. “I think the size of my appetite quite surprised her.”

Gisela started at the sound of Mistress’s voice, and rolled into a crouch in the cage.

“Out you come, my dear. Assume the position.” Mistress and Vu watched as the blindfolded girl carefully crawled out of the cage and sat on her haunches.

Mistress slid her skirt off, revealing her near-naked lower half. The only clothing under there was a girdle from which small chains hung. She approached Gisela and fastened the chains to Gisela’s collar, holding the girl’s face against the dark, thick fur of her mound.

Apparently responding to her training, Gisela pressed her face further into her mistress, and Vu heard the sounds of licking and sucking.

“Our breakfast routine,” explained Mistress, smiling. She gently ground against Gisela. “Isn’t she well trained?”

“Quite,” agreed Vu. “Still, I’m on a schedule. Could you get her ready soon?”

“Of course.” Mistress growled in pleasure as Gisela apparently hit a particularly sweet spot. “I’ll have Dido clean her and send her out when I’m done. Have a seat in the hallway.”

“Thank you.” Vu returned to the hall and removed her book from her bag. Knowing Mistress, she’d have a while to wait.

Twenty minutes later, the tall cat-suited Dido, this time wearing a plastic apron, escorted a naked and damp Gisela back to the hall. On seeing Nurse Vu Gisela dropped to her knees and lowered her head.

“Stand, Gisela. Get dressed.” Vu nodded at Dido. “Thank you. No doubt I’ll see you again.”

“No doubt,” said Dido, and withdrew.

Gisela quickly dressed herself but then stood immobile, head still down.

“Come with me. We’re going home.” Vu took her out to the car, and secured her in the back seat. Once again, she removed a syringe from her back and injected the sedative into Gisela’s arm—a stronger dose this time.

“Pleasant dreams.” Vu got into the driver’s seat and pulled off. As she turned out of the main gate, she noted with satisfaction that Gisela had already slumped to the side of the car.

* * *

Zhao regarded her two patients with pride. They were back in their original beds, I/Vs and catheters restored, and dead to the world under sedation. Chang and Vu were carefully monitoring them.

“I think we’re ready to start the wipe,” Zhao said, checking her records. “They both seem adequately sedated. Could you fit them with the equipment please?

Chang and Vu placed well-insulated headphones on their patients, and followed up with VR googles secured over their eyes. The final touch was a pair of electrodes, one either side of the patient’s head, placed at the temples.

“Let’s take Gisela first.” Zhao grinned, coldly. “I suspect that she has a lot more that she needs to forget.”

Vu pushed a syringe’s content into the line. “Here she comes...”

The trio watched Gisela carefully until she started to twitch her hands and make mumbling noises.

“Excellent, the sensory deprivation seems to be confusing her appropriately.” Zhao adjusted the dials on the box connected to Gisela’s electrodes. “Nurse Vu, if you please.”

Vu slid a rubber wedge into Gisela’s mouth.

“Starting sequence...” Zhao pressed a button. There was no noise, but Gisela’s body stiffened and her fingers curled tight.

“And the soundtrack please, Vu.” Muffled discordant sounds started to issue from the headphones over Gisela’s ears.

Zhao felt for Gisela’s wrist pulse. “Oh yes, we’re at a hundred miles an hour here.” She made some notes on an iPad. “Let’s run this for thirty minutes initially.”

“How about Tanja?” Chang asked, tweaking the nipples of her patient.

“Let’s get Gisela to a stable state first.” Zhao looked at the clock on the wall. “Target midnight for exit from sedation, and hourly ‘observations’ from 1am... Let’s start Tanja at 4pm.”

“Understood.” Chang squeezed the hand of the blissfully unconscious Tanja.

“I wonder how her memories will appear?” murmured Vu, inspecting the twitching face of Gisela. “They don’t vanish entirely, I suppose.”

“My best read on my subjects is that they lose most of the associative path to the memories,” Zhao replied. “They might pop up as dreams or day dreams, or they may get a very strong but unclear surge of deja vu in some circumstances.” She checked the pulse again. “Hmm, I think I have to take her down a notch.” She injected a small amount of sedative into Gisela’s port. “It’s possible that, in Gisela’s case for instance, it leaves her with a strong predilection for being bound and controlled.” She smirked. “I wonder if she will run across Mistress again, then?”

* * *

Tanja was roused from sleep again by someone poking in her ear and whispering to her. She was confused, and her head ached somewhat.

“Gisela?”

“It’s Nurse Chang, darling. I’m just taking your observations.”

Tanja paused, fighting the fog of sleep in her brain. “Nurse...” The name and scent were familiar but she couldn’t place them right now.

“It’s okay, my dear. I think you had a bad dream. You’re in Dr Zhao’s clinic, remember? For the study.”

“Oh...” Tanja rubbed her head. Her memories were a jumble. “My head hurts, Nurse. Do you have an aspirin?”

“Of course, darling.” She heard Chang rustle in a cupboard, then she was presented with a tablet and small cup of water. “Here we go.”

“Thank you...” She swallowed the tablet and a gulp of water.

“Let me tuck you back in.” Chang smoothed the sheet over Tanja and kissed her forehead. “Try to get some sleep.”

“Okay...” Tanja closed her eyes, and sleep rolled over her again.

Tanja was vaguely aware of a few more interruptions in her sleep, but they never really woke her up all the way. Still, when the lights started to come on in the room and she registered that morning had broken, there was still a lot of fuzz in her head and it took her a minute or so to realize that Gisela was snuggled up to her in bed.

“Perle?” she whispered.

Gisela’s face was far from the restful expression of normal sleep. There was a lot of fear on it, and she was hugging Tanja’s side tightly.

Tanja tentatively touched her friend’s shoulder; Gisela whimpered in her sleep, and burrowed more tightly into Tanja.

“Perle, it’s me, Mausi. Are you okay?”

The familiarity of the voice was enough to bring Gisela back from whenever she was. She blinked her eyes open and looked around, fear on her face.

“Mausi! I had such an awful dream!”

“Ssshhh...” Tanja hugged her. “It’s all right. You’re awake now. We’re at the clinic, remember?”

“Good morning, my darlings.” Nurse Chang had entered the room and now stood at the foot of Tanja’s bed, a smile on her lips. “How are you both feeling?”

“Okay, I think... My headache is gone.” Tanja turned to Gisela. “How are you feeling, Perle?”

Gisela was still unsure of what was happening, but there was something missing. “Where is Nurse...” She tried to remember the name.

“Vu? She went home. I took last night’s shift,” explained Chang. “We do alternate nights, do you remember?”

Gisela nodded, though in truth nothing Chang said rang a bell with her, other than Nurse Vu’s name.

“Well, we’re all done with the study,” Chang said, happily. “Thank you both so much! We have a lot of data.” She indicated the door. “Have a shower before you go; remember, it’s to the right and two doors down. Fresh towels are there for you both. Doctor Zhao is at reception with your luggage and payment.” She exited.

Gisela looked at her friend. “I’m still a bit wobbly, Mausi. Do you want to shower first?”

“Sure, Perle.” Tanja retrieved the basket with her clothes, which were now washed and folded. “See you in a few moments.”

* * *

Doctor Zhao had removed the girls’ backpacks from storage, and was sitting behind the reception desk with a smile on her face when the two freshly-showered girls trooped up the stairs from the basement.

“Hello, my dears. How are you feeling?”

“A bit confused,” Tanja admitted. Gisela was quiet, her eyes still darting around. “I guess I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

“Yes, I’m sorry about that,” Zhao nodded. “We do have to do the observations quite frequently, and there’s no real way to do it without waking you, unfortunately.” She shrugged. “It’s the classic medical dichotomy. You’d probably sleep and feel better if we didn’t do observations, but without doing them, we don’t know how you’re doing...”

She pushed forwards two envelopes on the desk. “Here’s the study payment: I know we said one hundred pounds per day originally, but since we had to extend the study for a nineth day, I felt it was only fair to round up to a thousand.”

“Thank you,” said Tanja, uncertainly. Was that right? She couldn’t really remember. She picked up the envelopes nevertheless, and passed one to Gisela.

“I’ve put my card in each envelope,” Zhao explained. “If you do have any subsequent adverse reactions—I don’t expect them, but just in case—please do give me a call, at any time.”

“Of course.” Tanja nudged Gisela. “Are you good, Perle?”

“Yes... Thank you, Doctor.” Gisela hoisted her backpack onto her shoulders, and Tanja followed.

“Have a lovely time in London, girls.” Zhao escorted them to the door, and smiled goodbye.

* * *

Early next Sunday morning, Chang unlocked the clinic door and welcomed two new ‘guests’.

“Diana, Dorothea; how nice to see you again.” She ushered the two girls into the clinic.

“Hello, Nurse Chang.” Diana was the slightly taller of the two, sporting a small backpack. Dorothea was pulling a wheeled case which she’d struggled to hoist up the steps of the clinic entrance. “It’s nice to see you too. Despite the time of day!”

Chang laughed. “Yes, indeed. I’m an early bird, as is Dr Zhao, but I know that others are not. Anyway, welcome to the clinic. Are you ready for the study?”

“As ready as we’ll ever be,” shrugged Diana. “Twenty-four hours, you said?”

“That’s correct. Dr Zhao will go over all the details with you.”

“Okay, let’s do this!” She elbowed her friend. “You ready, Dot?”

“On your side,” agreed Dorothea. “Where do we go?”

“We’ll take you in turn,” Chang explained. “Who’d like to go first?”

“I’ll go first,” decided Diana. “That good with you, Dot? Okay, where do I go?”

“Come with me,” Chang indicated the stairs downwards. “Dorothea, I’ll be back for you in about a half hour. Have a seat.”

Diana went through the usual briefing meeting and discussion with Dr Zhao, then Nurse Vu appeared in the doctor’s office.

“Diana, I need you to come with me. I am Nurse Vu and will be supervising you for this study.”

“Thank you, Nurse Vu.” Dr Zhao smiled at Diana. “Nurse Vu is a very competent nurse, you’re in safe hands. I will see you later.”

“This way, please.” Vu took Diana down the corridor and into the room with the separated beds. Diana had been allocated to the left-hand bed.

Vu pulled the curtains around the bed. “I need you to take all your clothes and jewelry off. There is a gown for you to wear.” She indicated the folded gown at the foot of the bed. “Put your clothes in this basket. I will be back for you shortly.”

“Okay...” Diana appeared to be looking around the bay.

Vu turned to leave. To her great surprise, she felt an arm loop around her neck and start to squeeze the front of her airway. Startled, she grasped at the arm, but Diana’s extra height and strength gave her near-ideal leverage, and her well-executed choke hold took effect quickly. Vu flailed weakly, but her vision quickly greyed out and after twenty seconds she was limp in Diana’s arms.

Diana laid Vu on the floor, then reached into her backpack to retrieve a small box, and from that box a syringe. She pulled Vu’s trousers down, exposing her small but muscled buttocks, and stuck the syringe in there.

“Night night,” she whispered, dropping the syringe into a convenient sharps bin in the room. She then restored the curtains to their original position, and took up a position behind the room’s door.

By this point, Chang had brought Dorothea to Dr Zhao’s office, and was making introductions.

“How are you enjoying backpacking in London so far?” Zhao enquired, looking through her forms.

“Oh, it’s quite fun. There’s a lot to see,” Dorothea agreed. “I’m not quite used to the Tube, though. I keep getting on the train in the wrong direction!”

“That can happen!” Zhao laughed. She nodded at Chang.

“I’m just going to get your bed ready, my darling,” Chang told Dorothea. “I’ll be back for you in a bit.”

Zhao leaned over the desk as Chang closed the door behind her. “Tell me, Dorothea, have you ever done a study like this before?”

“Not really,” admitted Dorothea. “Nurse Chang told us what was involved, and warned us that there would be some poking with needles, but I’m not too worried about that.” She reached into her purse and retrieved a syringe from a protective case. “I’m used to them.”

Dr Zhao frowned. “Is that for diabetes? I don’t remember seeing that on your medical record.”

“Not at all,” explained Dorothea. “It’s more of a tool of the trade.” With surprising speed, she darted from her chair and around the desk to stand behind Zhao. Holding the doctor from behind, she stuck the needle in Zhao’s neck and pressed the plunger.

Zhao gasped in surprise and pain, and tried to pull out of Dorothea’s grasp, but the girl’s grip was too strong. Her vision quickly went blurry, and she slid to the floor.

Dorothea checked the doctor’s breathing, then left the office and walked down to the treatment room. There she met Diana who had just placed an unconscious Nurse Chang on the right-hand bed, with Vu on the left.

“No problems?” she asked.

“None,” Diana confirmed. “Like taking candy from a baby. I’ve sent confirmation that we’ve taken over.”

Dorothea checked a note from her purse, looking down the corridor. “That must be the garage door...” She entered the garage and unlocked the exit, pulling it open to reveal Mistress, who was pulling a large wheeled suitcase.

“Hello, my dear.” Mistress passed the case to Dorothea and followed her into the garage. “Was it as expected?”

“Exactly,” confirmed Dorothea. “Your questioning told us everything we needed to know about the clinic and processes.”

“Excellent. Well, then!” Mistress clasped her hands together. “It is time we got started. Isn’t this going to be exciting!”

* * *

Vu woke up slowly, the effects of the sedative taking a while to leave her system. For a while she simply lay flat, staring up at the bright lights above her. As more of herself came back, she started to realize where she was, and swallowed in fear. The restraints she could feel on her limbs and body had been well applied, by someone clearly practiced with them.

“I thought we would meet again.”

Vu recognized the voice coming out of the darkness. “Mistress.”

“Of course.” Mistress walked into the cone of light around Vu’s table. “How could I resist this opportunity?” She held up something that Vu recognized as Dr Zhao’s iPad. “I’ve been going through the Doctor’s notes. What a wonderful collection of information and study. I hope she is very proud of what she has accomplished in understanding and reprogramming the human mind.”

Vu was not sure how to respond, so said nothing.

Mistress put the pad to one side. “But now she will have the opportunity to put it into practice on my behalf. Isn’t that better?” She stroked Vu’s cheek. “And you now have a new employer.”

Vu tried to keep her voice steady. “You’re going to reprogram me?”

Mistress looked shocked. “Not at all, my dear Vu. As I told you before, you have a wonderful mind; I don’t want to change a thing. I just need you to demonstrate loyalty to me.”

Vu sensed a trap, but couldn’t see what it might be. “How?”

“Well, that’s the thing.” Mistress gestured to someone away from the table. Diana, now wearing one of Vu’s rubber aprons, brought forward a large tray of what Vu recognized as a mix of Vu’s own implements, and others she wasn’t familiar with, and placed them on a table by Mistress.

“I need you to agree to submit to my ministrations. Not for long! An hour, maybe two. Just long enough that I can demonstrate my superior skills in this area.” Mistress smiled. “Then, you can assist me with reprogramming the Doctor and Nurse Chang.”

She looked into Vu’s eyes. “Do we have an agreement?”

Vu thought for a moment, but in practice there was very little to think about—other than what was going to happen to her over the next couple of hours. She nodded, closing her eyes. “I agree.”

“How wonderful! Dot, if you would...” Dorothea came from the other side of the table and fitted a gag into Vu’s mouth, fixing it tightly around her head. “I don’t know if you’re a screamer, Vu, but I find it best not to take chances.”

The three women pulled on masks and gloves. Dorothea set up a small video camera to the side of the table.

“For posterity,” Mistress explained, indicating the camera. “And for you to enjoy watching later. It might even be educational!” She reached into the tray and pulled out two instruments with which Vu was familiar. “Are we recording?”

“We are,” Dorothea confirmed.

“Welcome to the treatment of Nurse Vu,” Mistress announced to the camera. “Our first phase will focus on the breasts and nipples.”

She bent over Vu, seeing with satisfaction the fear in the gagged nurse’s eyes. “Pain is pleasure, my dear. Let me show you how that is so.”

* * *

Dr Zhao woke up with a sore neck. She instinctively went to rub the spot, but her hands wouldn’t move. She became aware that there was something on top of her.

Cautiously, she opened her eyes. She was in her exam room, secured on her own exam bed. The securing was thorough—she could feel the straps all over her body, more than she normally applied to her own patients. She could also feel that she was naked, but a rubber sheet covered her from the neck downwards.

She tried to open her mouth to call out, but then realized that her lips had been taped closed.

“She’s awake.” A familiar female voice came from the side. Zhao turned her head, with difficulty, to see a tall woman in a catsuit with a hood covering her head.

Dorothea? Zhao thought she recognized the voice. She mumbled behind the tape, trying to get the woman to remove it.

“Just rest, Dr Zhao. Mistress will be in shortly.” The woman returned to the magazine she was reading.

Zhao was left with little option but to obey. Testing her restraints was futile. She wondered what had happened to Vu and Chang. What did Mistress want with her?

“My dear Doctor Zhao!” Mistress strode into the room, a wide smile on her face. “How nice to meet you in person.” She indicated the bed. “I am sorry about the restraints, but I fear you might not stay here of your own will. For now.” She folded back the sheet and admired Zhao’s breasts. “You keep yourself in such good shape, with lovely skin tone. I’m very envious. Is Chinese herbal tea your secret?”

Zhao mumbled behind the tape.

“Oh, I am sorry. Dot, if you could be so kind....” Dorothea started to pry the tape off. Mistress meanwhile held up a small taser in front of Zhao’s eyes.

“Just, let’s not scream, my dear Doctor,” she warned.

Zhao winced as the last bit of the tape was removed. “Why are you here?” she asked. “What do you want?”

“A fair question. Well, my dear Doctor: I do appreciate and enjoy the lovely girls you send me, but I feel that I can perhaps make a wider use of your reprogramming techniques—and they are very effective, I must say—than you can.” She indicated the exam room equipment around them. “Clearly the work has to be done here, so I’m suggesting that you work for me directly. Wouldn’t that be nice?”

Zhao was confused and trying to catch up. “I suppose so...”

“Of course, I do need to be assured of your loyalty.” Mistress rubbed her hands together. “And isn’t it deliciously ironic that you yourself have developed the techniques needed to do that?” She showed Zhao her own iPad. “It has been very interesting reading, I must say.”

Zhao clamped down on her lip to stop it shaking.

“And you have such good help in your clinic.” Mistress beckoned to someone outside the room, and Nurse Vu entered. She was no longer dressed in her tunic; she now wore a catsuit similar to Dorothea’s.

“Vu? What are you doing?” Zhao was even more confused.

Vu took Zhao’s left arm and swung out the pad to which it was attached, then locked the pad in place. With a practiced eye, she swapped Zhao’s elbow and introduced a cannula into the vein, then connected it up to the I/V bag behind the bed.

“I’m afraid we’re going to have to gag you again while the drug takes effect,” explained Mistress, as Dorothea put fresh tape across Zhao’s mouth. “But it will be very interesting to see how you react to it. After all, you presumably know what I will be doing to you, and what effect it will have. How long can Doctor Zhao resist her own techniques?”

She nodded to Vu, who removed and folded up the sheet, leaving Zhao completely exposed. Dorothea started to apply something cold to Zhao’s sex and anus.

“Though I do have some adaptations of my own to try,” Mistress smiled. “I look forward to comparing how they worked on you, with how they will work on Nurse Chang.”

Zhao could feel the psychoactive drug starting to addle her mind. She tried to concentrate, counting backwards from one hundred, but the drug kept pulling her attention away. She strained on the table, trying to cause herself physical distraction, but the restraints had been carefully applied to avoid that.

“Oh, my dear Zhao, do try to relax. Perhaps I can help you.” Zhao shivered as something large and ribbed was pushed firmly into her sex. “Does this feel nice?” Mistress rotated the item, causing Zhao to moan behind her gag. Her fingers shook.

“Apparently, it does. The other probe, please, Vu.” Zhao felt something start to push at her anus. She desperately tried to keep it out, but Mistress had a firm grip and the cold metal implacably spread Zhao, whose eyes widened and started to water.

“Have you ever tried satisfaction ‘this way’?” enquired Mistress, finally seating the plug in Zhao’s bottom. “I do find it very enjoyable. Perhaps we can make sure that you do, too.”

She looked at Zhao’s eyes. “Do you think she needs a little more medicine, Nurse Vu?”

Vu poked a syringe into the port and Zhao felt more coldness enter her. There was a humming in her ears.

“That’s right, down you go my dear...” Zhao’s eyelids were feeling heavier and heavier. She knew that once she lost consciousness, she would be completely at Mistress’s whim. With an effort she forced them open, to see Mistress smiling at her, tying a mask in place on her face. Vu was already masked, and preparing to place a pair of headphones over Zhao’s ears. Dorothea was sterilising Zhao’s nipples, holding a set of metal clamps in her other hand.

“Doesn’t it feel nice?” purred Mistress. The probe in Zhao’s bottom started to send pulses of electricity through her, and she groaned. Mistress leaned over Zhao, her face only a foot away. “I think you’re enjoying it already.”

She lowered her voice: “Sleep, my dear Zhao. Let go of everything. Sink down...” Her voice was coming from further and further away as Zhao receded into unconsciousness. Zhao tried to anchor herself back to reality, but the stimulation frustrated her at every turn. The last words that she heard before surrender were: “When you wake, you will be mine.”

THE END