The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Skeinbound

(mc / ff / fd)

Chapter: IX: Bound As Our Braids

Description: Three young women set out on a winter’s journey, to prove their new adulthood or perish in the process. One trying to keep them fed, one trying to keep them safe, and one who’ll try anything to keep them all together.

This is a work of fantasy, which involves magic, mind control, and sexual situations. If there’s any legality preventing you from viewing pornography, or you think you would find such a story offensive or inappropriate, please don’t read it.

* * *

“You swore an oath to us. To lead us. To guide us. To see us through this forsaken Trial.”

Tel’s voice was loud. Hard. Full of hurt.

“If you will not help, then leave. Prepare for your own death.”

Tel’s face was contorted, enraged, shattered by her grief.

“Choose, if you like; will we starve on the walk back, or should I let the fire die and leave the tent open so we can freeze in our sleep tonight?”

And every word pounded like a fist against Rys’ skull. Every truth, every shameful, awful truth was echoed between her ears by her own weak, traitorous conscience.

“I cannot care. My duty… is here.”

And Tel’s eyes no longer flashed green with her fury—only now with her sorrow and her pain.

The life inside her was burning almost as brightly as the death inside of Kez. While she had slept by the arrow’s enchantment, while they had run for their lives, the magic had grown to overwhelm the huntress. What had begun as a twisting glow of gold in her arm had molted, spreading like wildfire through her insides, constricting around them to choke the life out of her. It was slow and silent, now, but once Tel removed the arrow again, it would scream and writhe with blinding fury while Kez would wail and scream even louder.

But what could she do?

Rys had tried everything. Every technique for healing she’d ever been taught. Every way to bend a spell that she knew. Some that she half-remembered, some that she hadn’t known at all. But none of it worked. None of it helped. And it only kept getting worse.

She was going to panic. She was panicking. And she needed to breathe. She needed to think—there had to be something, something she’d forgotten, something she hadn’t tried yet, some way to make it right.

Rys drew away, as Tel held the huntress. She sat across the fire, staring through its colors, and covered her eyes.

This is all my fault.

She tried to shut out sound, and sight, and smell and taste and touch. Everything that reminded her of the fact.

I did this. I’m the cause.

Her body drew itself tight, knees to her chest, breath heaving in her lungs. Breathe.

If I’d told them sooner, we could’ve been prepared. If I’d been wiser, I could’ve stopped it. If I’d tried harder, I could’ve fixed it.

It wasn’t over yet. She wasn’t gone yet. It wasn’t… it wasn’t hopeless.

But it feels like it is. It feels like a nightmare. It feels…

Breathe. She needed calm. And centering. And guidance. And though she didn’t turn her head to the sky, she knew that the ancestors were watching her. Judging her. Hearing and feeling her guilt with every moment that she sat there and did nothing. And Rys prayed to them, with the only words that she could remember. The ones that Paq had taught her. The ones that were meant to help her.

Ancestors above, hold your vigil for us for one more turning of the sun. Keep us in your eyes and lead us by your hands. Help me to see those signs and read your meanings. Help me to find them when they are lost. Help me to guide them when they are found.

I have nothing to provide but your wills. Help them to provide for me. Help them to protect me. Help them to… to provide for and protect each other.

We are three alone, but we are bound as our braids. We are a skein, as you each once were, alone but standing firm together and… and I am afraid. Not of dying. I know you wait for us all with arms spread wide. But… I don’t want Kez to hurt. I don’t want her to go. And I can’t lose Tel, either.

I think that it’s all my fault. I think that I’ve been making mistakes since the beginning, and this is where that led.

And I know I deserve punishment. Hatred and scorn and judgment for the things I’ve done, the things I’ve let happen.

But this… this isn’t it. This isn’t the way it should be. It should be me, not Kez. It should be… should be any way but this. She doesn’t deserve this—I do.

But… please, ancestors. Please. Don’t let any of us go. Because I can’t bear to lose them.

She hadn’t prayed in weeks. And she didn’t feel better. But she knew she had to do something. She looked up, and through the fog of flame and magic, she saw Tel staring, holding Kez, looking between the ground and the bolt in the huntress’ shoulder.

Tel, I… I’m sorry. I’ll try again. I’ll try harder. I want to be with both of you, in case… in case it can’t be helped. I know that you’re in pain, both of you, and… I just want to make things right.

The warrior didn’t reply. She was stroking Kez’s cheek, feeling through her hair, holding her small, weakening body so tenderly.

Please, Tel, let me…

Tel wouldn’t even look up. Or show any acknowledgement at all.

Tel?

Because Rys’ lips weren’t moving. And though her hands had fallen away from either side of her face… somehow, she knew, her eyes weren’t even open.

Am I… dead?

She felt her body lurch—saw it, as if from far away—and then she was standing, though she could barely feel any of it. All she could feel was magic. In the calm of her muscles, in the warmth from their fire, in the curse burrowing through Kez, in the pain of her cry, and in the love in Tel’s breast. Everything was quiet, and distant, and everything she saw swam dim and blurry.

No… this is a dream?

Kez was awake, and speaking. And Tel was there for her. And Rys… her body was slouching out of her coat, pulling off her shirts.

No, that’s not right—I’m dreaming, me, but they’re awake, and real, I can feel that.

She could feel a lot of things. The earth as it rumbled under her feet. The brightness in the sky, the pain in its angry red gash. The heat, the unbearable heat of the stone that Tel had saved.

But… I can’t tell what’s real. Am I here, or am I there?

The flap of the tent was open, vibrance and wind spilling through, washing over her naked form like a chill mountain stream in the deep part of winter.

Real. But I’m… I’m not awake. And I’m not asleep. I can’t sleep. But is this… what a vision feels like?

She had never had a vision. Not a real one. The kind that comes with sleep, the kind that brings clarity, and purpose, and an intent beyond one’s own.

Did they hear me? Is this their answer?

Did it matter?

No.

She had to do something. She didn’t know why she was naked, or why she was standing, or what that something was… but she could feel it. Guiding her. Showing her how to use her body once more, as if she was a child learning to walk. Slowly, with eyes shut tight. Precise, steady steps. Walking to the corner, where the light was so bright. Bending, reaching, touching…

It’s like my hands are on fire… but it doesn’t hurt.

The stone was held in her hands. A gift. A hope. Something important.

Something full of so much light.

And she knew. And she walked, while she dreamed, and she knew that she was outside by the magic in the wind. In the frost that pelted at her sides, the cold making her skin glow red, the thousands of crystals that she strode over. And her eyes were closed, but she was seeing the sky. So much brighter, so much stronger, so much more alive than she had ever felt it before, than she would ever feel it again. A rainbow of life in so many colors, so many stories, so many memories, so much of everything. All of it intertwined. All of it part of a whole. The whole world, breathing, glowing, shining down and watching her stare.

How was I ever afraid of this?

The stone and the skies kept her warm, kept her strong, even while the wind could have ripped her away. The lights were beautiful, the world below them was singing, but in all of creation there was one hole, right above her, a tiny pinprick in a dancing, laughing constellation of red.

That’s what’s missing.

The stone in her hands felt it, too. Felt where it had fallen, felt the marks it had left, the spot of nothingness high above. It couldn’t be given back, and she didn’t think it wanted to be. The magic inside it was its own, and her own, and that of all her people to come… but there was enough. Enough to mend what was broken in all of that beauty.

You’re sure?

The stone didn’t have tongues to speak with. But it had its warmth, and it had its glow, and she held it close, so close to her chest, where she could feel her own heart beating, where she could feel herself smiling.

Okay. I’m ready.

Her body held the stone aloft. Her whole being looked up, up, up, surrounded by light, burning inside and out, melting snow, growing grass, rushing water, blooming flowers, rising higher, higher, higher, to fill that point with light, with peace, with the same hope that she felt in everything.

She dreamed.

And she soared.

And she woke. Blinked her eyes. The stone was in her hands, held to her chest, and no longer did it burn. Glowed, obviously, it felt so bright and warm… but comfortable. And the snow at her feet was just that—snow. No multitude of perfect, refracting crystals, just wet snow, plain dirt below.

And she was cold. Her teeth chattered, her fingers trembling and numb… because she was naked. That part wasn’t entirely a dream, it seemed.

And she thought for a few moments that she should be afraid again, panicked, fearful… but the sound of laughter from inside the tent behind her was louder than the howling wind.

Rys smiled, and looked up to the sky. The scar was gone, now, replaced with the prettiest swath of blues she’d ever seen it colored with. And for one brief moment, she felt as though it was smiling down on her. And she knew… she still had to do something.

The fear was there. And the shame. And the guilt. But Rys heard more laughing, and she knew she needed to try, at least, to put them to rest. She cracked her neck around, set her jaw, stooped awkwardly down at the waist, and half-stumbled through the flap into the orange glow of the tent.

“... could simply toss you to the floor instead, rabbit.”

“Fuck no! I’d like to see you try.”

“I do not think that I will, just yet.”

“And why’s that, Miss ‘I Would Ravish You At Every Hour Of The Day, Kez’?”

“Because you were dead.”

“Not dead, I was—”

“Because I would bruise you, and you would complain.”

“Hey, I can take a tumble, don’t you—”

“And because in all this time that you have spent talking, my shirt is still on my body.”

“Sh-shut up! It takes time! I’m trying to be all—”

“Kez.”

“Hm?”

The warrior’s eyes stared, and her finger pointed in the same direction; past Kez’s head, toward where Rys was standing, eyes open wide.

The huntress’ head whipped around, her flailing braid falling onto Tel’s face, and she blushed even brighter than she was already. “O-oh. Uh. Er, hey… there... Rys?”

“H-hi,” the seer choked out.

“We—the two of us were just, uh,” Kez looked down at her naked body, bit her tongue, then looked back up. “Getting… dressed?”

“Rabbit, please,” Tel said softly, and Kez ceased her stammering, crossing her arms over her bare front. The warrior sat up, one arm around the huntress’ shoulders, and looked with her own flushing face to Rys. “You are back.”

“I… never really left,” Rys said. The shame was stronger now, in her gut. Both their blushes, their closeness, their embarrassment… she didn’t need her sight to see, plainly, the glow of the love that they were sharing. “L-listen, both of you, I…”

“Did you see it?” Tel asked.

“Did I… what?”

“The light, the magic. That which brought back Kez.”

“Hey, I didn’t go anywhere,” the huntress insisted. “I don’t remember any light, either.”

“You were dying, dear rabbit, I do not think it would make sense for you to…”

“Remember not dying? Uh, yeah, I’m pretty glad about that part. Pretty sure I’m not dead.”

“As am I, but—”

“—but if Rys is here, that means I’m really not dead, unless she’s the one dreaming?”

The seer tried to speak up, “Well, actually—”

“—no one is dreaming, Kez, this must be obvious to us now. The question is how such a thing has come to pass, what it means that the ancestors—”

“—oh don’t go dragging them into this! This is my miracle, I don’t see a bunch of lights in the sky getting shot and—”

“—you are forgetting our place, rabbit, the ancestors are the ones who guide us, and they have brought you—”

“—that’s wolves’ piss, you did more for me than any—”

“Would you both please listen to me?”

Both heads turned Rys’ way.

“Sorry,” Kez said.

“My apologies,” Tel concurred. “I only wish to know if you saw what I did.”

The seer sighed, shaking her head, gently setting the stone by the fire while she crossed her legs to sit across from her skeinmates. “No. Not exactly.”

She told them about the dream. About the things she felt, the things she saw, the way she knew the stone and it knew her. The way she flew.

Both of them were silent, until Kez nodded solemnly. “That’s crazy. I’m amazed you didn’t hit your head against the clouds.”

The warrior sighed. “It is not a literal recollection, rabbit, at least I do not think…?”

Rys shook her head. “I woke up just standing in the snow. No flying, no rays of light, just… just me. And,” she smiled, “just both of you. You’re healed now, Kez, I can feel it.”

“It’s thanks to you,” the huntress squeezed an arm around Tel’s side, and added, “both of you.”

“Then allow me to apologize.” Tel inclined her head, and took a deep breath. “In my anger, and my fear, and my frustration, I drove you away, Rys. I failed in my duty: to protect not just your bodies, but your emotions as well. Kez has forbidden me from apologizing further to her, so I will not, but to you, Rys… I’m sorry.”

“Tel…” Rys started.

“I should not have spoken those words. I should not have felt as I did. I should not have… I should have thought not only of myself, and of Kez, but of you, too. I have neglected you in these weeks.”

“Me too,” Kez said. “We’ve basically… been focused on each other all this time, instead of taking the time to take care of you and stuff. We knew you needed help things, we just didn’t…”

“Didn’t know how to help,” Tel finished. “And when you needed it most… I was unwilling and unwanting to provide any comfort, for lack of it myself.”

“I was busy, well, dying,” Kez giggled, “but I’m still sorry.”

“I’m the one who should be sorry.” The words just flew out. She needed to feel the shame, to know it, to try and relieve it. It didn’t matter if they hated her. It didn’t matter if there was nothing she could do. She just needed to be free from it, from the guilt of letting it fester for so long.

The huntress tilted her head. “Sorry about what?”

She didn’t want to have to explain it. She wished they could just know, pass their judgments, make their choices, all of it over in a second. And the part of her that belonged to that which she hated was giggling at the prospect, and her fingers were aching for hands to squeeze. Rys pushed them together, made herself stare at the ground. “About everything,” she said. “All of it has been my fault.”

“Rys…” Tel started, “you cannot claim to bear every hardship which we have encountered on this—”

“—what she means to say,” Kez interrupted, “is that that’s a load of piss.” The rest of the skein looked at the huntress, who shrugged, her brow jumping as she did. “It is! We’ve all been fucking this up since day one. With the bear, and the hating each other, and the warriors, and…”

“... and the fact of your near death?” The warrior softly drummed her fingers, pulled Kez even closer against her side. “We have each made mistakes, it is true, but we have survived. It is thanks to you that my greatest mistake has been mended.” The smile on Tel’s lip faded slowly. “I should have been there. I should not have been so blinded by…”

“Love?” Rys blurted out.

Kez’s face went red as flame, and she quickly turned her head down and aside… but the seer could see that she was smiling. All the while, Tel looked straight ahead, her color barely changing a shade as she nodded. “Yes, Rys,” she said simply.

It was too much to take. She felt like she was going to vomit, if she didn’t get it out. “I-it’s my fault,” Rys stammered.

“I do not see how our own relations could ever be—”

“I used the waking sleep.”

This made Tel silent. And made Kez look up, slowly.

“I-I just wanted to help you get along better,” Rys went on, “like you were okay with, y-you were fine with that, but nothing was working no matter how many times I did it, you were still fighting each other, you couldn’t agree on anything and—”

“Are you going somewhere with this?” Kez asked, in her playfully impatient tone… but Rys could hear an undercurrent of the huntress’ nerves and strain.

The seer swallowed hard. “On the night that we were playing with it, you two started fighting again. And you don’t remember it. Because I… I made you not remember it. I made you forget it. B-because the lights were out, and I couldn’t control myself, and I just wanted it to stop so—”

“—so what? You painted over a little fight, that’s nothing bad—”

“—so I told you both that I wanted you to love each other.” Rys shut her eyes, she didn’t want to see their faces. “I-I told you that, and the magic got away from me, and you were in the waking sleep and you both just… I saw it happening, and I did nothing, but… but you kissed. And I stopped it, I did, I tried to make it go away, I told you both that it was a dream, and it wasn’t real…

She felt the heat of humiliation on her cheeks with the wetness from her eyes. “... but you both just kept dreaming about it, a-and it was still there, and just growing, getting worse and worse and I didn’t do anything to stop it—because I didn’t want you to go back to fighting. No, no, that’s not true, I didn’t want you to know I’d done it. I-I didn’t want you to know I’d m-manipulated you both, just because I needed you not to look at the sky, because if you did you’d’ve known I was lying and keeping the whole truth from you both, s-so that’s why—

She heard herself whimpering, felt her throat trying to choke itself shut. “Th-that’s why I brought it up at all that night, so you wouldn’t look outside and see I was lying and hate me and each other even more and we wouldn’t all die then, I-I thought it was worth it and had to be done so we could save people and get along and b-be a good skein, so I could lead you and be a good seer but I…

Everything closed in around her. She felt weak. Horrible. Like a monster. “I was selfish. I was so, fucking, selfish. I kept putting b-both of you to sleep so I could make sure you wouldn’t question it, or each other, or y-your love, or me, and I was making you forget again and again and again but I still couldn’t stop it, and if I’d just told you both what we were doing none of it would’ve happened and maybe we wouldn’t’ve gotten hurt and in so many fights and in so much danger and it’s all my—”

Warm, strong arms closed themselves around her. Held her tight. While she moaned, and sobbed, and buried herself so deep into Tel’s shoulder that her face hurt even worse. “I’m sorry,” she begged, “this is all my fault, I ruined everything, you should hate me, I hate me, I-I’m so fucking—”

“Shhh, shhh, shh…” The arms closed tighter, the body against her front so warm and close and so much larger than she.

“P-please, stop, I’m… I’m not…”

“Quiet now, Rys,” the warrior whispered into her ear. “Let me hold you. Please. Let me do my duty.”

She did. She couldn’t do anything else, except sit, sob, and let all of it come out of her. Tel held her, never letting go, never saying a word of anger or hate or hurt.

Rys knew that she needed this. But she knew, even stronger, that she didn’t deserve this.

Maybe Tel hadn’t thought it through. Maybe she was hiding her hate inside. Maybe she was trying to choke the life out of her. Maybe her words of judgment would come in the next instant, or the next, or the next. But they never did. No hardness, only softness. “It’s alright. I’m here, Rys. You’re here, too. I am not going to leave you.”

“... you should…”

“I would never. What would I do without my seer?”

“But I’m so… awful…”

“Shhh. You are not. You could never be. I know you, and I know your goodness—you are only human.”

“But I made so many—”

“Mistakes? Yes. But did you ever intend to hurt us?”

“... no…”

“Did you ever intend to endanger us?”

“... no.”

“Look at me, then.”

Rys sniffled, felt her body angled back, and let her eyes open.

Tel was smiling, and her eyes glistened. “Am I hurt, Rys?”

The seer swallowed. “I made you—”

“Am I hurt?”

“N-no.”

“Am I worse, for having met you?”

“I-I don’t know. I… I don’t…”

“Let me tell you, then.” The warrior shook her head. “I am better. I have gained, from knowing you,” briefly, she turned her head around, “both of you. You are my skeinmate, Rys. You are my friend.”

“Even though I…?”

“Yes.” Tel nodded. “Even though.”

“... I’m sorry.”

“I know. And I forgive you.”

“H-how? How could you possibly… after everything I did?”

Tel smiled, and her arms squeezed tight around Rys’ shoulders. “Because you have meant malice to none of us. Because you have tried to honor our customs and our duties. Because you are repentant. Because you have told us the truth. Because I cannot imagine a world in which I would not have come to love Kez, with or without your actions… just as I can’t imagine a world in which I do not love you. And I cannot hate the ones that I love.”

“I’m—”

“Rys. I know that you are sorry. I should like to hear you say something different.”

“... thank you,” she murmured.

And Tel wrapped her up tight again, squeezing out the tears she had left. “You are welcome, Rys.”

“... I love you,” she whispered, barely audible into the warrior’s shoulder.

“And I, you,” Tel whispered back. “But… I think there are still more apologies to be made.”

Rys nodded, and her limp arms squeezed around Tel as tight as they could. “I-I’m okay.”

“I know,” the warrior chuckled, and her lips pressed softly to Rys’ forehead, lingering there before, slowly, she let her go. And as Tel withdrew to her side… Rys saw Kez, sitting in the same place, the same pose, with her eyes thrown sullenly toward the tent’s fire.

The seer didn’t speak. It was clear that it wasn’t her place to, not yet. Tel’s hand, placed between her bare shoulder blades, was a comfort while she watched and waited. Kez’s body was stiff, rigid, trembling with each breath that she forced in and out of her lungs. Every so often, a deeper breath would come, her lips opening and twitching to say something… then she would think better of it, close them, and tighten her fists even more over her knees. Until finally she sighed, and her glare swiveled in Rys’ direction. “I’m not just going to forgive you.”

“Okay,” the seer whispered.

“You broke our trust in you,” Kez said, and paused. “Twice. You should’ve just told us when you told us about the rock—and don’t go and whine about your excuses. It doesn’t matter why you didn’t do it, and why you did all those things, it matters that you did.

“I know.”

“Leading us for two weeks into a death trap without telling us where. Fucking with our heads just to keep us from questioning it. Messing… messing with my feelings...”

“Kez, I…”

“Save it.” The huntress turned, and for one terrifying moment, Rys thought that she would leave. Stand up, grab her clothes, her bow, her arrows, and leave. After all that had happened, heading out on her own and leaving them to starve. Kez was thinking it, too. “I probably should just leave you here, for all of that,” she said.

Rys could barely nod.

Kez drew a breath… then sighed. “But I can’t.”

“... why not?”

“Because I have something called a conscience that keeps me from doing dumb-as-shit things like letting my friends die, or, I don’t know, controlling them just because I can’t talk like a normal fucking person.” Her eyes came into view, glaring, brimming with tears like Rys’ own. “It’d be smart to go. It’d be smart to get away from someone who did these… these things to me, things I don’t even understand, but… I’m not that smart. If I was, I… I wouldn’t have let those things happen in the first place. I wouldn’t’ve… wanted them.

“Because that’s what you said, right? We all had to want something for it to happen? You… you couldn’t’ve made me sleep without me wanting to sleep. You couldn’t’ve made me… made me love, without, fucking, wanting that. A-and I couldn’t’ve forgotten it and stopped thinking about it and hidden it without wanting to hide it.”

“But the magic, it can do things that…”

“Things that shouldn’t make sense. Things that shouldn’t feel right. Do you even know what it can and can’t do?”

Rys only shook her head.

Kez nodded. “Then you shouldn’t have been doing it. And I hate that you abused it. I hate that you thought you had to use fucking magic spells instead of just trusting us and talking to us. I hate that… that you were so afraid of us. Because, even right fucking now, after all of this shit?” A strangled, choked laugh came out of Kez’s mouth. “I still can’t hate you. Maybe that’s magic. Maybe that’s me being stupid. I don’t even know.”

“I… never did tell you to like me,” the seer murmured.

“Well thank the ancestors and their great glowing anuses for that.” Kez gave another sigh. “I hate what you did. But I… I don’t think I can hate that I wanted it either. Because if I did…” Her eyes strayed away, and Rys knew that she was holding Tel’s gaze. “... that’d mean hating that I love her.”

The huntress smiled. “She’s a big, stubborn, way-too-kind idiot.” Rys could tell that Tel was smiling, too. “She can’t even feel like you did something that bad—that’s what’s so good about her. And I… I love that, and I love everything else about her. But if you hadn’t… if I hadn’t kissed her, and dreamed about her, and gotten so close to her… all that love would’ve just stayed inside and never come out.

“Because, a week ago? Thinking of loving a girl? Thinking of loving fucking Tel, of all the people on the snow?” Kez shook her head. “I would’ve never been able to admit it to myself. If it ever even happened at all. And even after it was happening, I still didn’t want to think about it, still kept putting it off and shoving it away and keeping it out of my mind… but it still happened.”

“I am glad for it,” Tel said softly.

“Yeah,” the huntress nodded. “Me too. Even if I had to basically die to get there. Which—neither of you get to take credit for. I was the idiot who went off alone and got messed up by a couple seers.”

“M-maybe we could all share the blame?” Rys asked, gently as she could.

Kez looked back to her, brown eyes appraising. “... yeah. Maybe we could.”

“... I’m sorry, Kez.”

“I heard you the first fifty times you said that.”

“But I still mean it. I mean it more than I could ever just say with words.”

“... then don’t say it with words.”

Rys tilted her head. “What do you… mean?”

“I mean, be better,” she said. “Do better. Try harder, and never fucking stop. I’m staying with you, so prove that it’s worth it, that I’m not just being stupid in doing that. Prove that it’s… still worth trying to be your friend.”

The seer swallowed. “You would… do that?”

“If you try?” A smile flickered on Kez’s lips. “Yeah. I’ll try. I think you already are—if you’re telling the truth about the whole, making us fall in love thing… that’s a lot harder than just making us do whatever you want, whenever you want. Telling the truth is hard, and… I’m pretty sure you’re not lying about it. So keep doing the hard things. Otherwise, I’m just fine never speaking to you again for the rest of my life.”

“I-I’d rather you not do that.”

“Yeah. Me too. Only having Tel to talk to would get fucking boring, no offense.”

“None is taken,” the warrior said.

And Rys giggled, pulling a confused look from both Kez and Tel. “S-sorry,” she said quickly, “it’s just… you barely talk enough for a conversation with one person, Tel, let alone two.”

And Tel laughed, rumbling and low, along with Kez, and Rys, until it died down, and the silence between them was as awkward as it’d been on their first day together. Rys cleared her throat. “I… I can’t promise I’ll meet any expectations, o-or that I’ll never make another mistake… but I’m never going to make those mistakes again. I’ll be honest with you both, from now on, so that means… no more waking sleep, no more magic in your heads, that’s all done.”

Tel blinked at her, and so did Kez. “You can’t be serious,” the huntress said.

“Wh-what?” Rys shook her head. “I am. I swear to you, I won’t, never again. I-I can keep that promise.”

“O… kay…” Kez said.

“I think Kez’s confusion is in this, Rys: why would we ever want you to stop it?” Tel smiled.

“Why would you… why wouldn’t you?!” Both of them laughed again at her. “I’m serious!” Rys insisted, “I-I abused it! I changed you both, I controlled you, I… I shouldn’t be trusted with it. I-it’s too much for me.”

“If that’s what you think, then that’s fine,” Kez shrugged. “But… part of the whole trying thing? It’s… doing something again, and again, even if you know it might end badly… because you hope things’ll be better the next time.”

Rys saw Tel blush, and gently nod. “Our rabbit is right in this. The waking sleep… it is not wrong, in itself. It is a tool, like my weapon, like your stone, like Kez’s bow. It can be used for good or ill, just as any tool.”

“And if you’re not being all selfish and stupid, then, well, it’ll just be good, yeah?” Kez grinned.

Rys stared, dumbfounded, looking between both of their faces… seeing their smiles… seeing the light in their eyes… “... are you both… eager to do it again?”

“Well I was just dead…”

“Nearly dead,” Tel chuckled.

“Whatever,” Kez laughed. “Point is, I could use the break. It feels really, really good.”

“It does,” the warrior nodded. “It has been a longer day than any I’ve yet lived. And I think that the relief of it would help us all.”

And it’s a chance for you to prove you’re serious about trying. So… what do you say?”

Rys looked between them both… and she couldn’t smother the smile that was growing on her face. “Are you both… sure?” she asked tentatively.

“Surer than sure,” Kez said.

“I am certain,” Tel agreed.

“I-it’s just going to be a little one.”

“That is fine, Rys.”

“Because I’m not entirely sure of myself still and I want to be careful not to—”

“Rys,” Kez interrupted.

“... yes?”

“Would you just do it already?!” All three skeinmates laughed again, and Kez pulled up close, so that she and Tel were on either side of Rys in a familiar triangle. “Should we… y’know, hold hands and stuff?” the huntress asked.

But Rys shook her head, to both their surprised looks. “No. When we do it that way… it’s too muddled. There’s too much murkiness and fogginess—I want you both to be aware of everything, clear and comfortable, understanding and accepting, making all the choices yourselves and remembering it all.”

Kez and Tel nodded along… and Rys knew to keep going. “We won’t be thinking about smoke, or ice, or clouds or braids or any of that. Not even the fire, like you’ve stared so deeply into before. We don’t need to use that for you both to feel safe, and relaxed, and comfortable, do we?”

The warrior shook her head.

“Don’t think so,” Kez said.

“You don’t,” Rys smiled. “Because right now, you’re not thinking about any of those things. You’re too focused for that. Too focused on the deep, warm breaths you’ve both been taking.” She saw their surprise and confusion, and saw the smiles that grew as they noticed and realized. “That’s right. Deep and warm. Deep and warm while you focus on my words, yes?”

“Yes.”

“Yeah.”

She barely even needed to touch the magic; just a little, here and there. “Because that’s how it is, when you breathe like this, when you relax like this, when you listen to my words like this. You get warm, and you get deep. Warm in your body, tingling in your toes, right?” Shifting their attention, making them see.

“Uh huh.”

“Yes.”

“And up, too. Up and up your calves, your thighs, your middle and your chest, swirling around in your lungs. So warm, those deep breaths, and so nice, right?”

“Yes.”

“Yes.”

“And down your arms, down, down, and down, into your fingertips, over every little callus and crevice and nail and hair, the warmth running so deep into you, so much deeper with every warm breath. But not just in your fingers, up your necks, too, into your cheeks, your chin, your lips, your eyes… how are your eyes, now?”

“Warm.”

“Heavy.”

“So heavy, that’s right Tel. So warm. So deep. It doesn’t matter where they’re staring, because they are staring. You’re relaxing so deeply into the sight, you’re feeling so warm while you do, and your eyes are just so, so heavy now, that’s right, you’re trying to keep them open, but it’s so hard, isn’t it?”

“Yes.”

“... can’t…”

The huntress was lolling, swaying with every blink, and Tel’s eyes were fluttering constantly. “You can’t, Kez, and that’s…?”

“Okay.”

“Nice.”

“So nice. So okay. So easy, to just let them…

Drop.

Her hands found both their necks at once, and very gently pulled them forward, sending their heads falling to their chests, sending their eyes slamming shut and their jaws hanging loose, while she swayed them backwards and forwards and side to side by the shoulders, always whispering, “Down, and down, and down, just like that, back into the waking sleep now where you feel so very good, so very deep, so very warm, both of you, deeper and deeper while you relax, all through your bodies… all through your minds… hearing my words and knowing them, and feeling them so much more strongly for it… letting the magic come up for you, and hold you, and letting yourself feel so, so nice, isn’t that right?”

“... uh huh.”

“Right.”

“Good,” Rys sighed. “So good. So very, very good, you two. How does it feel?”

“Good.”

“Peaceful…”

“Good and peaceful, peaceful and good, and you’re both right here, with me, with each other, right here in the tent. Calm and warm without having to go anywhere. Nice and deep without having to forget a thing. Good and peaceful. That’s it. So good. And you both know… you both know, and won’t ever forget, that this only happens if you want it. That all these words only mean anything if you know them, and you understand them, and you think about them, and you accept them. A squeeze of the hand won’t ever make you feel like this, not unless you want it to. And you won’t ever ignore these words or forget these feelings unless you want to do that, too. Is that… is that all okay?”

“Okay.”

“Sure.”

“Great. Amazing, both of you. I’m so…” A breath shuddered in through her lips, and Rys smiled wide. “I’m so happy. And I hope you both know that, and… and you can just smile, and sit, and feel warm now.”

And they did. Rys held onto each for minutes that felt like ages, until her own breaths had synced with their own, the three of them breathing warm, and deep. Each of them smiling. And then she was bringing them up, and up, and up...

“... and right back again, wide awake and feeling just wonderful.” She exhaled, and watched them both shake off the sleep, blinking their eyes, rolling their shoulders, glancing around… “How was that, you two?”

“Great,” Kez said.

“As wonderful as ever, Rys,” Tel nodded with a grin. “And how do you feel?”

The seer blinked. Then, a moment later, she felt herself going red. Chewing down on her lip, really, truly thinking about it… “W-well…” she began, “I said I’d be honest, and there’s one other thing I-I never mentioned…”

“Unless you shot me, I’m pretty sure it can’t be as bad as any of the other stuff,” Kez chuckled.

“It’s nothing like that, no, it’s…”

“Embarrassing?” Tel’s voice was soft, caring, her arm was around Rys’ shoulder.

“Y-yeah. That.”

“Not all things must be said, Rys. If it is uncomfortable for you, you do not have to…”

“No,” she said. “I think I do have to.” Both of them were staring at her expectantly… and so she shut her eyes again, and suppressed a shiver. “When both of you confronted me, and you wanted to do the waking sleep again…?”

“Yeah?” Kez urged.

“W-well we did do it again… but I wasn’t the one taking you so deep into it. You were… I had you join hands, and pull each other under with your words…”

Tel laughed aloud. “That is humorous. I would never have expected Kez to be so capable.”

“Hey, speak for yourself! You’re all effectual and shit.”

“But that’s not the thing that’s so embarrassing.” Deep breath. In… and… “While you were doing that… I was… um… t-touching myself…”

Silence.

And then Kez giggled, and Rys’ eyes snapped open in shock. “Sorry! Sorry,” Kez managed, “I just, wow, you go to some great lengths to get off.”

“Could you not have done this while we were sleeping ordinarily, Rys?” Tel smiled, “I will admit that hearing of your inability to sleep was a shock, in that regard…”

Kez blinked. “Wait. Wait wait, wait, hang on. Hang on. Are—are you telling me that I’m the only one who hasn’t been fucking myself at every opportunity on this trip?”

“What, rabbit, not once?” Tel looked genuinely surprised.

“No! Wh—how many times have you?!”

“Perhaps you do not want to know,” Tel laughed.

“Fucking tell me!”

“I will—”

“I-it was because you weren’t sleeping!” As she was getting used to, Rys’ skeinmates looked to her with confusion. And she was forced to clarify. “I… I only did it then because you weren’t sleeping… but you were, just, a different kind of sleep…”

“You did this… because of the waking sleep?” Tel muttered, an eyebrow rising.

Kez put a hand up. “Wait. Are you saying… are you saying you, like, like it?”

“N-no!” Rys gasped.

Kez grinned immensely. “Ancestors on high, you so do!”

“That’s not—”

“Wait, wait, wait, are you, like… like right now?

“No!” the seer shouted.

Not even Tel looked convinced.

“Oh my god,” Kez giggled, “Rys is horny. I never thought I’d see the… am I going too far?”

“Yes,” Tel said, and Rys nodded too.

“Oh. Um, sorry.” The huntress rubbed at the back of her neck, and tried on a kinder smile. “I just… think you look really cute when you blush like that.”

“Sh-shut up!” Rys insisted… but she couldn’t keep from giggling.

“It’s true, Rys,” Tel chimed in, “I would go so far as to say positively adorable.”

“N-no, you’re both just… you’re both teasing me, that’s all…” What if it wasn’t all, though…? Her head turned downward, and she remembered that she was naked, her arms slowly moving to cover her front.

“Rys?” Tel’s hand was on her shoulder, stopping her from covering herself in entire, but her green eyes were locked to the seer’s.

“Yes?” she asked, meekly.

“You have a certain… infatuation, with the waking sleep, I have gathered?”

“... I guess I do…” Rys mumbled. “Is that… bad?”

“Never,” Tel said.

“Not possible,” Kez piped up.

“It is a harmless desire, I think, and though it may have contributed as motivation for your mistakes…” The warrior shook her head, smiling. “I cannot judge you for it. Nor would I ever want to. But…”

Tel was blushing, now. “... but…?” Rys questioned.

“... I would be…” She looked away, as though searching for a word, or trying to cool the heat on each of her cheeks. “Remiss, to mention my own infatuations…”

Kez was smirking. “Besides me?”

The warrior coughed. “Yes, rabbit, besides you, I…”

Rys reached out, and put a hand to Tel’s opposite shoulder. Gently, she pulled the warrior closer, feeling how red she herself was. “It… it isn’t only the waking sleep that I enjoy… it’s who is in it, too?”

Tel slowly turned. “You mean to say that… you, as well, like…?”

“Like you?” Rys giggled. “How could I ever not? Tel, you’re…” Her eyes left the warrior’s face, and though she was still clothed, Rys took in every inch of her curves, muscles, figure and form… “You’re amazing,” the seer whispered.

She tried to laugh it off. “You cannot be… you’re flattering me, Rys, come now…”

“It’s true! Really, it is, I…” Rys gulped, “When I first saw you, I… I’ve never met anybody like you. You’re just so… p-pretty.”

Tel’s words came slowly. “That is… a finer compliment than perhaps I deserve… I-I’ve been called, ah, many things, but never… well, never pretty...”

“Seriously?” Kez guffawed, “You’re like. So fucking pretty. What the hell else would boys ever call you?”

“Big. Tall. Wide. Butch.” The warrior shook her head like it’d blow away her blushing. “There are… many reasons for my avoidance of men.”

“Ah,” Kez said. “I like guys, I guess. I mean, I thought I only liked them, but, well…”

“I’ve never…” Rys began… and then stopped.

“Never?” Kez leaned closer.

“H-had the chance to do more than think about it?”

“Oh,” the huntress murmured.

“Nothing to feel any shame for,” Tel said, squeezing on her shoulder again. “But I wonder… would you like to?”

“L-like to what?” Rys stammered, tripping over the words in her mouth.

Kez gulped. “She’s, uh, asking if we want to fuck, I think? Right?”

“... in kinder terms, yes.” Tel cracked a smile. “I think that we all share attraction amongst each other?”

The seer nodded eagerly, which Kez caught sight of. “Hey,” she laughed, “you never said anything about how I look.”

Rys cleared her throat. “You look amazing. You have so much… confidence, and pride, so even just the way you sit looks… r-really nice,” she giggled. “Is that a strange thing to say?”

The huntress’ face warmed considerably. “Uh. I… well, maybe? M-mostly guys just say they like my tits, so…”

“I like those, too,” Rys mumbled, eyeing them bashfully.

“What, these?” Kez grinned, and without shame put both hands beneath her naked chest, lifting it, displaying it to both her and Tel. The huntress looked down at herself, then just as quickly back up. “These?

“Th-those.”

“I enjoy them as well,” Tel said distractedly.

“Seriously?”

“Is that strange, rabbit?”

“Well, yeah, ’cause you’ve got…”

“I’ve got…?”

“Y’know.” Kez dropped her hands and shrugged. “Big ones.”

“I do.” Tel took her turn to look down, and smiled as her head came back up. “I am the only one still clothed, it appears.”

Rys spoke up, gathering her courage, “Maybe we could change that?”

“I think that I would like that,” Tel nodded.

Kez was opening her lips to speak, and that’s when Rys moved. Her hand shot forward, catching Tel’s in mid-air, catching the look of surprise on her face before squeezing, watching her eyelids flutter, watching her head sway heavily on her neck and

Drop, Tel, back down now, back down again, just like that, just like before, feeling each squeeze, feeling so warm, feeling so enchanted, feeling so…”

Kez was there, moving closer, and very gently threading her fingers with those of the warrior’s free hand. Leaning close to her ear, whispering softly into it. “Feeling amazing, Tel. So comfortable. So at ease. Surrounded by your friends and…” The huntress was gesturing frantically to Rys with her other hand, eyes wide, lips mouthing something, “... and feeling great, but you know what’d feel even better? Stretching out those legs. C’mon. That’s it. Just like that.”

Rys caught the hint, scrambling out of the way while massaging with her hand as Tel’s half-awake body reoriented itself, legs splayed straight out in front of her, arms out to her skeinmates on either side of her torso. And slowly, the seer started to tug at her pants—though much faster once Kez joined in.

“It feels sooooo good to stretch out your legs, like you’re on top of the world and… rgh… come on… and you’re just doing amazing Tel, so fucking good, just, lift your knees a little, that’s it… lifting your knees feels reeeally nice I bet, yes, yes! Just like that! Okay now stop. Stop, slow, and back down, back to stretching, thaaat’s it, so good, so amazing, perfect, Tel, perfect.” The huntress released her hand and gasped for air. “I have no fucking clue how you do that for so long.”

“Practice,” Rys giggled, releasing her hand, too, to let Tel float awhile, “but you’re a natural. I could… teach you a little, sometime, maybe? You don’t have all the magic, but… you wouldn’t really need it, I don’t think?”

Kez’s grin lit up. “Sounds way better than going down like that some more. I mean, no offense, I just… right now, with everything…”

“I know,” the seer nodded. “You need time, and I won’t pressure you to do it, in either direction, unless you ask me for it first.”

“Thank you. Now, we’ve got a warrior to strip?”

Rys nodded vigorously. All four of their hands went to Tel’s shirt, though one of them had to coax her into lifting her heavy arms (not a challenge at all, once Kez reminded her that her arms were filled with the softest, floatiest feathers). Eventually it came over her head, off her face, and was thrown into a far corner of the tent.

And then Rys was marveling at the many bands of red circling her skeinmate’s chest. Just how they tensed, how they squeezed, how tightly they wrapped…

“Rys,” Kez chuckled, “you’re about to start drooling. Come help me.”

She nodded again. Kneeling in front of Tel while Kez sat behind, the huntress loosing the loop of cloth from behind, passing it to Rys who unwound it from the front, slowly unraveling Tel’s breasts. While the warrior didn’t even move. Just breathed. And floated. And looked so…

“Rys.” Kez, from behind Tel’s shoulder. “Spacing out again.”

“I-I know, it’s just…”

“... you like seeing her all sleepy like this?”

“Uh huh…” Rys nodded. The sight was giving her constant shivers, as was the closeness, as was how… how free she was, to feel it. To let it be known, to let it be seen, to…

She blinked. Felt a hand between her legs—her own, caressing, feeling, drawing out a moan. And she saw Kez, looking, watching… enjoying.

“Isn’t it nice seeing her like this, Rys? Isn’t it hot? You can touch, you can enjoy, you can see those wraps go around and around…” The huntress was flushed, and smiling, and staring as the seer pleasured herself, still slowly and methodically freeing Tel’s chest. “Feeling that heat build up inside, letting it sweep you away…”

“Kez,” Rys interrupted with a moan, half irritated and half amused. “You don’t know what you’re doing…”

“Since when do I ever?” Kez laughed. “But I think you’re feeling it anyway. I think you’re surprised at how much you’re feeling it, and I think—”

“I think if you don’t remember who the seer really is, I might have to remind you the fun way…”

“Okay! Fine! I guess I can see why you like it… it’s as fun to say as it is to listen to.” The huntress winked at the seer and continued her work.

There was barely anything left to unwind. All the tension gone, the rest of the cloth ribbon just… fell, there one instant, gone the next, and Tel’s breasts were right in front of her. She’d seen them before, but never… so close, always with the air of normalcy, not intimacy, always something seen casually, never something she could just… look at. Round, and full, and… soft. That much she could see. Because Kez was groping the warrior from behind, fingers squishing, gently kneading.

“Sh-should we be…?” Rys mumbled, slowing herself, trying to take back control.

“Ask,” Kez whispered, still holding onto Tel’s chest with both her hands.

The seer’s clean hand squeezed against one of the warrior’s. “Tel… could you tell us how you feel right now?”

“Good.”

Dull and monotone. Empty and… beautiful. Rys shivered. “What else?” she asked quickly.

“Hot.”

Kez squeezed both her hands on Tel’s flesh, making the warrior gasp… and slowly, wonderfully sigh. “D-do you like this, Tel?” Rys made sure to ask.

“Yes.”

“Rys, can we…?”

They could. Kez took both of Tel’s hands, whispering into her ear while Rys helped them move, and once it was done, helped Tel come up, slowly at first, then faster, like waking from a long nap, like shaking off a summer rain, like a yawn after a wonderful sleep…

“... just like that, Tel, just like this, you’re feeling so peaceful, so warm and nice, and still, so awake now, even if your eyes don’t want to open, just let them come up a little more… and a little more… and…” Rys smiled. “Hi there.”

“Hi,” Tel murmured. “That was… unexpected.”

“But not unwanted?”

“No. Not that.”

Kez put her head against Rys’, competing for the attention of Tel’s eyes with her bright smile. “We made a few changes. Hope you don’t mind.”

The warrior shivered. “Changes like… what?”

“Look for yourself.”

Tel did. Even while looking down, Rys could see her gaping expression, the surprise, the shock, the wonder as her eyes came up past her feet, her bare legs, her middle, her chest… her hands, gripping her chest. Squeezing. Caressing. Rubbing. Finding her nipples and pressing around them with fingers. “C-can’t let go,” she moaned.

“You can’t,” Kez giggled, whispered, “not unless I say so.”

The warrior grunted. “I have things that I… mmm… that I would like to use these hands for, you two…”

“Oh, you will,” the huntress laughed. “Just not until I’ve had my fill watching this.”

“Rys,” Tel moaned again, “will you not… rgh… let me go from this spell of yours?”

“I…” Rys swallowed as Tel’s head turned toward her. The seer’s hands were busy. Playing with her own breasts. Teasing at her own nipples. Sliding all over herself. She managed to finish her sentence. “I didn’t... weave this spell.” Tel stared. As if captivated, watching the lazy circles she made, watching as one hand detached itself, sliding over her belly and between her legs… the warrior moaned, squeezing herself hard, and Rys joined her.

“Tel.” Kez spoke, and the warrior’s head snapped around, darting from the huntress’ eyes to down, down between her legs. Where she was already touching. Tel moaned again, and Kez just laughed. “Jealous, huh?”

She nodded hurriedly. “Very. Very, please, Kez, may I…”

“Rys?” Kez asked. Her own voice high, hot, intense. “Can I?”

“O-only if you’re ready…”

“I think I am.” The huntress leaned in, and the warrior leaned to meet her. Their lips locked, twisted, moaned together with each other, tongues meeting tongues until Kez pulled back, breathing hard. “Tel, I think it’s… t-time we talked about a summer storm.

For one instant, Tel was enchanted. Staring. Slack of jaw. Empty of mind. Holding her breasts in a loose, vacant grip. And then she was not. She was moaning, louder than ever, hands flying down between her legs while her body fell back, and Kez pounced on top of her. Kissing, again and again, laughing, tasting each other while the echoes of the spell drove Tel’s body to frenzy.

Rys inched forward on her knees, watching from above them, biting her lip and rubbing herself, her chest, her center, face so hot from the sight of their pleasure, from the power of the spell even while awake. From the glow of magic, the emotions brightening more and more in Tel’s body, in her mind, in her hands, closer and closer to blinding…

All it took was a tap of her finger, gentle on the warrior’s forehead, to twist the magic just so.

And she came, hard, as Kez buried herself in her chest, their bodies wrapping up tight together, their bodies so bright with pleasure, their minds so full of need. And another flash, Tel coming again, with a cry just as loud and just as full—but she did not lie back limply. She rose, groaning, lifting Kez in her arms and pushing her squealing onto the soft hide beneath them. “Magic,” she rasped.

“Shut up,” Kez said, staring up with gleeful eyes, “you loved it.”

“Then you’ll have to love it my way.” A flash of a wolfish grin, and the warrior’s hand plunged down to touch, to tease, to draw another squeal out of the huntress’ lips. And she locked eyes with Rys, who brought her own hands forward to touch, to squeeze, to knead from behind Kez’s head.

“Ffffuck you two,” she gasped, “you’re s-so… mmmm… so gooood…”

“A new sensation, hmm, rabbit?”

“D-different when it’s a… a guy, mmmfuck, would you j-just get inside already?!”

Tel chuckled, shook her head, her fingers still drawing faint whispers over and below Kez’s mound. “Not until I’ve had my fill, dear rabbit.”

“Fuck you!” Kez laughed, and moaned, and Rys couldn’t stop giggling at it. The brown eyes rolled up to meet hers. “A-and you. Little… accomplice, you planned this out, didn’t you? Knew sheeeee’d fuckfuckfuck, she’d, drive me insane?”

Rys shook her head, panting, grinning. “Knew? No, I think I just hoped she would…”

“Wouldn’t… wouldn’t wish this on anybody. Want it all to myselllfff…” The huntress hissed, and gasped, as Tel’s fingers slid inward. Forcing out a moan, and another, and… “There,” Kez groaned. “Right there. Don’t… don’t fucking move off it, I swear.”

“I won’t, Kez,” Tel whispered. And she didn’t. Not until her pleasure had grown, risen higher and louder and brighter until it was blinding in Rys’ eyes… and it only took a thought to nudge that magic, and send the huntress into shaking, stammering, melting bliss. And again. And again. As Kez was pulled close in her lap, arms around her chest, and Tel wrapped around them both from the front, squeezing tight and warm and safe. Each of them breathing hard. Panting, sweating, and grinning.

“Now I think someone else needs a turn…” Tel rumbled.

Rys tried to shake her head. “N-no, really, I don’t need…”

“You do,” Tel whispered. “Just… relax, and enjoy it.” She smiled, and as Kez slithered out from between them, the warrior drew close, and closer, and closer… and met her open lips. Danced with them, gently, pulling her torso upright, making her strain and stretch with soft, pleasured moans to taste more of Tel.

And Kez was touching her, pressed against her back, and she moaned even louder. And fingers brushed across her nipples, and a shiver ran even deeper than any other. Kez, kissing at her neck, feeling across her chest, feeling those places no one had ever touched before. Not like this. Not so wonderfully.

And Tel was kissing her, again, all over her face as she craned and tried to return the pleasure she felt. But Tel pulled away, softly shaking her head, and kissed down her neck, to her chest, over Kez’s fingers, and on each breast, making her squirm and sigh. And lower still, licking, lapping past her bony ribs, down one side and across her stomach, around her navel, drawing up buds of gooseflesh wherever she went, wherever she would go.

And Kez was squeezing, massaging, caressing. Face on one shoulder, and then the other, against her head then against her cheek. So close. Red at one corner of her vision, then the next, until she leaned back to see warm, brown eyes, before Kez felt her lips, and moaned into her.

And Tel was lower, on hands and knees, kissing her hips and rubbing her thighs, lower, and lower, and inching forward to smell, rub, kiss through the curls and moistness around her sex… and slipping her tongue within. Making her seize, making her legs squeeze while Kez held her body, held her arms, whispered and giggled in her ear with some silly, beautiful joke. And she laughed too, and moaned, and again while she felt Tel’s tongue circling, tracing around that point of pleasure, over and across and everywhere in between.

And she felt the pleasure in her own body. Felt the need, left burning and simmering and silent for so long, coming to a head. She did not need to see them as enchanted, and she did not need to think this a dream. It was real. She was here. And her eyes and lips turned up through the tent, up toward the sky, and the whole world shone with brilliance as she came.

And she blinked, and she was coming again. Tel inside her, Kez around her, so full of bliss, peace, life and light.

And she blinked, and Kez was even closer. Wrapped tight around her back, legs entwined together. Tel’s arm draped warmly over her side. “Thank you…” she whispered.

And she blinked, again, and all three of them were giggling. Warm, and safe, with her eyes looking into the fire. Three wrapped together as one.

And she blinked, again, and Kez’s breath was warm and deep against her neck.

And she blinked, again, and Tel’s breath was long, and slow, and sighing in and out.

And so was her own. Warm, and deep, and together with her skein.

And she blinked… but her eyes did not open again.

And she smiled.

And, after so long, she slept.

* * *