The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Disclaimer: Read no more if you are under 18, if reading this kind of material is illegal under your local laws, or if you are offended by graphic descriptions of sexual activity. This story is for fantasy only—do not try this in real life. It is not to be spoofed or reposted. If you’re reading this anywhere other than mcstories.com, it’s been stolen.

@ 2019 by le Duc de Kavaliere

The Somnambulist

by le Duc de Kavaliere

Part One

Emily was bored.

She knew this job wasn’t for her, but she had to stick with it for the time being. There was so little open to recent college graduates that she had to take whatever she could get while looking for something better.

With a sigh, she rested her forehead on her arm, and her long blonde hair tumbled down over her face. What had possessed her to wear it down today, she wondered. Brushing it out of her way, she glanced at the clock. 11:58 AM. Almost time for lunch.

Emily made her way to the lunchroom, but stopped in front of the refrigerator. Why not go out to eat today? The food she’d brought would keep for another day. Money was tight, but she could afford to indulge once in a while. After all, it had been over a month since she’d eaten out.

There was a sandwich shop she liked a few blocks from the office, but when she reached the building she stopped in front of the doorway. Wasn’t there a nicer place down the street? Yes, there was. She wandered in that direction.

She paused in front of the restaurant and gazed at the menu. It looked delicious, but was outside her price range. It would be suitable for a special occasion, which today was not. Besides, she couldn’t afford to sit down and wait. The food wouldn’t arrive until it was time to head back to work!

She opened the door anyway. “Party of two,” she told the hostess. The woman smiled, selected a pair of menus, and escorted her to a small table. The view out the window was nicer than she had thought it would be. Emily took a moment to admire the sunlight shining on the flowers, and imagined painting a still life.

What am I doing, she asked herself as she looked over the menu. I want to get that... but I really can’t afford it. And what was I thinking, asking for a table for two?

“Is this seat taken?” asked a lulling Southern voice.

Emily looked up, then jumped out of her chair to embrace the newcomer.

Miss Scarlett looked as dazzling as she’d been the first time Emily had seen her. The lady hypnotist wore a shimmering white silk shirt and black pants. Her long black hair fell in a thick braid over one shoulder. Her mischievous brown eyes glittered, reflecting the light from the table’s single red candle. Her smile was contagious.

Emily threw her arms around the tall Southerner, who returned the embrace warmly. “Please, please, sit down,” the blonde woman stammered. “It’s so great to see you—I never thought—what a wonderful surprise—how are you?” Something else occurred to her. “Miss Scarlett—what are you doing here? How long are you in town? How did you know I’d be here? I only decided on this restaurant a moment ago!”

Both women sat down, facing each other at the small table. “Emily,” Miss Scarlett asked, “what do you remember about last night?”

Emily gazed at the beautiful hypnotist. Seeing Miss Scarlett again was so amazing, and so distracting! She couldn’t take her eyes off her. Scarlett was probably not going to be here for very long, and she wanted to fix the hypnotist’s loveliness in her memory. Fall-into-me eyes, pale skin, inviting smile...

“I painted a bit, watched television... nothing special,” Emily admitted.

“You don’t remember me calling you?”

Emily shook her head wordlessly.

“I’ll be in town for an hour or two, but I’ve got to continue on the road afterward. I’ve got a dinner meeting at five,” Miss Scarlett explained. “I called last night and asked if you were available. When you said you were, I asked if I could surprise you. You said I could.”

Emily’s eyes widened. “You hypnotized me! You can do that—over the phone?”

Miss Scarlett nodded. Emily couldn’t be mad, not when she saw Scarlett’s winning smile. “I—what did you say? What did we talk about?”

“Oh, this and that,” Scarlett teased. “But when you said I could hypnotize you, I asked you to meet me here, then made you forget that I’d called.”

Emily thought she should be nervous, but felt excited instead. “I... I can’t believe I forgot. Goodness, Miss Scarlett, it’s so good to see you—I can’t believe I could forget that we had a lunch date—er, a lunch meeting.”

“Those kinds of post-hypnotic suggestions wear off fairly quickly,” Miss Scarlett assured her. “You’ll probably remember it in a day or two.”

“Oh.”

Scarlett grinned. “Unless you don’t want to, of course. And yes, I would like to call this a lunch date, if you’re comfortable with that.”

Emily’s heart fluttered. I can’t believe I’m on a date with another woman, she thought. A beautiful one. I had no idea this would happen when I left the office. The blonde woman reached out and took the lady hypnotist’s hand—then had to let go when the waiter arrived to take their orders.

“Why me?” Emily asked after the server stepped away. “I mean, you must know lots of people around here... why come to lunch with me? We would never have met if I hadn’t gone to your show a few months ago—on a dare!”

This time the Southern belle took the younger woman’s hand in her own. “Have you ever connected with someone? I mean, felt really close to someone? Someone you just met?”

Emily thought about it. She’d thought she’d had a connection with a guy or two she’d met in college, but that connection hadn’t lasted past the second date. The blonde woman shook her head. “No, I guess not.”

“I did, or hoped I did,” Scarlett said. “I’ve been doing hypnosis for years, but performing is kinda new to me—though I enjoy it,” she added. “I did theater in high school. Anyway. A few months ago I was doing a stage show and some people called my attention to a young woman who had gone into trance in the audience, just from watching me hypnotize my volunteers.”

A chill tickled its way down Emily’s spine.

“I invited her up onto the stage. She came willingly, and embraced every suggestion I gave her. She was an excellent subject and was very, very beautiful. I resolved not to single her out—not to pay more attention to her than everyone else on the stage.

“As the show came to an end I wanted to whisper a suggestion in her ear, to tell her to meet me backstage after the show. The whole scene flashed through my mind in an instant. I was going to put you under again, tell you that you were the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen, ask you if you’d be offended if I asked you for your number... then wake you up. If you’d said no, I was going to thank you politely for volunteering and try never to think about you again. If you said yes... I hoped you would say yes.”

Miss Scarlett thinks I’m the most beautiful woman she’s ever seen? Emily asked herself. But I’m... just me.

“But...” the blonde woman began. “But I didn’t even want to go backstage. Unless... did you hypnotize me into coming?”

Scarlett shook her head. “No. I didn’t. I wanted to, but I... no. I couldn’t do that to someone without their permission. As much as I wanted to.”

Emily stared at the beautiful hypnotist. “But... I came anyway.”

Scarlett nodded, her brown eyes never leaving Emily’s. “And then you found me backstage. I couldn’t stop myself. I needed to know if you were looking at me that way because of me, or because you’re a somnambulist and couldn’t help it.”

“What—what’s a somnambulist?” Emily stammered.

“A good subject,” Miss Scarlett explained. “It’s a sort of in-joke around hypnotists. About five percent of people simply can’t be hypnotized. About five percent are exceptionally good subjects. Everyone else is in the middle. Going into trance is just like any other skill—the more you practice, the better you get at it. The word “somnambulist” really refers to sleepwalkers—but we use it to refer to people whom, for whatever reason, are really good at going into trance the first time they try it. Like you. You’re a natural, Emily.”

“Thank you. I think.” Emily’s mind whirled. She was a natural subject. If she understood Scarlett correctly, she was better at going into trance as some people with more experience—and she’d only been hypnotized once. Well, twice, counting Miss Scarlett’s second stage show.

The waiter arrived with their orders. The two women thanked him and started eating, but Emily could barely concentrate on her lunch. Miss Scarlett—a woman she’d first seen giving a stage performance—was sitting across from her. Everything the brown-eyed hypnotist did was alluring, from her posture to the way she moved her body to her Southern accent to the way the light glinted on her brown-black hair. And if she was saying what Emily thought she was saying...

The topic drifted back to hypnosis. “Emily, meeting you made that one of the luckiest nights of my life,” Scarlett confessed. “But—I knew you were a somnambulist and I took advantage of that. I was just going to ask for your number, but you responded so wholeheartedly to all of my suggestions that I ended up kissing you. The way you kissed me back convinced me you wanted it too, but—would you want to kiss me even if I hadn’t hypnotized you?”

“I—” Emily gazed into Miss Scarlett’s eyes. Oh, goodness, she’s a hypnotist and I’m staring into her eyes, the blonde woman thought. But I can’t help it. Her eyes are so beautiful. “I—yes, Miss Scarlett. Yes.”

The Southern belle grinned, a happy, joyful smile.

“I have been thinking about that—I have barely stopped thinking about it,” Emily explained. “I’ve only dated guys and I’d never been attracted to a woman before. I’ve never seen another woman I wanted to go on a date with. Never even thought about it. Ever. And then I met you, and I could not take my eyes off of you.” Emily wasn’t even sure she was still interested in men. She couldn’t believe she was confessing this, in a restaurant no less, but in the last few months she’d daydreamed so many times of meeting Miss Scarlett again and telling her everything. She never thought this would happen. “I don’t think about other women that way—but I can’t stop thinking about you that way.”

“You don’t mind that I hypnotized you backstage?” Miss Scarlett asked.

Emily shook her head decisively. “I wanted you to hypnotize me backstage, Miss Scarlett. I never thought about kissing another woman before, but I liked kissing you like I’ve never liked kissing anyone. That night with you was the best night of my life. Best nights.”

Scarlett leaned forward, brought Emily’s hand to her lips, and kissed it softly. Chills ran up the blonde woman’s arm and down her spine.

“So... I will see you again?” Miss Scarlett asked.

Emily smiled and looked at her plate. “I was going to ask if I could see you again. Yes.”

She told Miss Scarlett about her parents and her best friend Anna, and Scarlett revealed she was born and raised in Kentucky. “My parents think I moved to cloud-cuckoo-land when I decided to be a hypnotist full time,” the Southern belle revealed. “We get along fine, just so long as I don’t talk about my work.”

The blonde woman grinned. “I guess not everyone gets chills when they hear you talk about hypnosis.”

Miss Scarlett’s eyes sparkled. “Chills?” she asked suggestively.

Emily nodded. “I—yes. Being here with you—seeing you again—and remembering what it’s like being hypnotized—it was amazing. I can’t believe... I was just watching you and you talked me into being hypnotized without even meaning to, and then you got inside my head—yes. I get chills.”

Scarlett’s dark eyes reflected her smile. Once again, the blonde woman felt like she was a bird, and a beautiful black cat was making her way down the tree branch to her nest. But instead of flying away, she was trapped by the cat’s engrossing brown eyes. Emily wanted to keep on staring. She didn’t want to fly away at all.

Miss Scarlett paid for their meals (“It’s my treat, I’m the one who convinced you to choose this restaurant and made you forget why you were doing it!") and the two women stepped out onto the street. To Emily’s delight, Scarlett took her hand.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Emily said as she guided them back to her office. “Walking down the street holding hands with another woman—a famous hypnotist.”

“I don’t think I’m that famous,” Miss Scarlett said.

“I saw your web page,” Emily said shyly.

The Southerner laughed. “You did?”

“Yeah. I downloaded some pictures.”

“You’re sure you’re comfortable with this?” Miss Scarlett asked as they came to a stoplight.

Emily looked up at her companion. “Yes, when I’m with you. Being with you, holding hands with you, it’s just—natural. This is what I want. I don’t know what I’ll do if I have to explain it to someone—yes, I was just on a romantic lunch date with another woman who hypnotized me at a stage show—but for now I just want to enjoy being with you.”

The two women crossed the street. “That’s my building, there.” Emily waved her free hand at an office three buildings down. They stopped, and turned to face each other. “I guess I have felt a connection to someone I just met,” Emily continued. “You.”

Scarlett gazed into her eyes, and Emily knew exactly what she wanted. There was a connection, a strong one, an irresistible one. Scarlett’s brown eyes were so dark and deep, so seductive—pulling Emily closer—and their lips met. Scarlett’s kiss was romantic, slow, sensual and sexy. Emily easily and readily returned the kiss.

Eventually they let go. “I’ll call you,” Scarlett whispered.

Emily’s hand touched Scarlett’s arm. “Wait?”

“Yes, Emily darling?”

“Will you hypnotize me again? Please?”

Miss Scarlett grinned—she is so irresistible, Emily thought—and leaned forward to whisper in Emily’s ear.

Perhaps two dozen people walked by, but none of them noticed the blonde woman’s eyes close. Nobody saw her fall into the tall brunette’s arms. No one noticed the woman in the black leather jacket whispering in the hypnotized girl’s ear. Nobody noticed the petite blonde nod several times when her eyes were closed. No one else heard the hypnotist counting up.

“...And five, wake up, wide awake.” Snap.

Emily’s eyes popped open with a start. She took a deep breath, glancing around at her surroundings. She did not even remember falling asleep! Everything looked the same. It didn’t look like any time had passed.

“I—what—” she began.

“How do you feel?” Miss Scarlett asked mysteriously.

Emily told the truth. “Refreshed, relaxed, calm, and comfortable.” She frowned. “I have to go back to work, though.” She looked up at Miss Scarlett. “What did you do to me?”

Scarlett winked. “You’ll see. Goodbye for now, Emily.”

“Goodbye, Miss Scarlett.”

Emily watched as the sexy hypnotist turned and walked back the way they had come. She took a few strides towards her office, and then turned around.

Miss Scarlett had also turned around, and blew Emily a kiss.

Emily grinned, and blew the kiss back.

I can’t believe I did it, she thought to herself on the elevator ride up. I went on a lunch date with another woman! With Miss Scarlett, the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen.

And she hypnotized me.

* * *

What a coincidence, Emily thought as she prepared for bed that night. She always wore her hair in a bun, or occasionally a ponytail. Today was the first day in months she’d worn her hair down, with no scrunchie or headband or hair ties or hairpins. And today she’d had lunch with Miss Scarlett.

Emily slowly twisted her long golden hair into a braid. I can’t believe this happened to me, she reflected. Miss Scarlett called me last night, hypnotized me over the phone, then made me forget all about it—but I obeyed all her instructions anyway. We had lunch, it was a DATE, and I am going to see her again. I had a date with another woman and it was the most romantic lunch I’ve ever had. We held hands afterwards and it felt perfect. And then we kissed, and it was so natural and easy and dreamy and sexy. I can’t believe I’m having feelings for another woman. I want to see her again and get to know her and touch her. And I asked her to hypnotize me. And then she hypnotized me, and I have no idea what she put in my head, and it was so relaxing and easy and natural, and I want her to do it again.

Emily slid a tie over the end of her braid, then slipped into her pajamas. She should really talk to someone about this. Not her parents. Anna was the obvious choice, but she wouldn’t be back from visiting her parents until next week.

Scarlett was right. She felt a strong connection to the alluring hypnotist. She didn’t know how this had happened, but trusting Miss Scarlett and going into hypnosis at her command came as naturally as breathing. Was it the same with every hypnotist and every subject? Do all subjects feel this close to their hypnotist? Was it because she was a somnambulist?

She imagined herself as a cliche—walking around with her arms outstretched and her eyes closed. Sleepwalkers aren’t really like that, she thought. Scarlett said she wasn’t really a sleepwalker, anyway—just a natural subject.

Was it like this for everyone? She tried to imagine someone else hypnotizing her. Anna? She imagined staring into Anna’s eyes as her best friend told her she was getting sleepy... and laughed. No, never.

She imagined Jason swinging a watch before her eyes—and surprised herself with how strongly she recoiled from the image. Jason had broken up with her because he wanted to see other people. If he had been able to hypnotize her, he would have kept her as his girl on the side as he pursued other relationships. No, thank you.

Emily climbed into bed and snuggled under the covers. The only person I want hypnotizing me is Miss Scarlett, she thought. I don’t know her that well, but she is professional and sexy and very smart. She has my trust. She admitted she couldn’t bring herself to give me a post-hypnotic command to seek her out backstage, even though she wanted to. And then Anna dragged me backstage anyway. Thank goodness.

I trust Miss Scarlett, Emily thought as she drifted off.

I trust her.

To Be Continued