The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Somnambulist

by le Duc de Kavaliere

Part Two

Emily was cleaning up her painting supplies and talking to Anna on the phone.

“You know, it’s funny,” her friend said. “Miss Scarlett is doing a show in town. I thought you’d be there instead of at home.”

Emily’s insides did a flip-flop. “What? No, I didn’t know she was here! Where is she?”

“Same place we saw her last time,” Anna said. “I’m sure the show’s already started, though—”

“Thanks for telling me,” Emily said breezily. “Look, I have to go. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay,” Anna said.

Emily bid her a quick goodbye, grabbed her coat, and headed for the door.

The ticket office wasn’t helpful. “No, you missed the show,” the attendant said. “They just finished packing up. I saw Miss Scarlett leave about ten minutes ago.”

Emily’s face fell. “I don’t suppose you know what hotel she’s staying at?”

The attendant looked thoughtful. “Might be the Cross Country Inn. I—”

Emily was already gone.

The hotel clerk was even less helpful. “I’m sorry, miss, but I can’t divulge the names of any guests who might or might not be staying here.”

“She’s a good friend, and I just found out she’s in town,” Emily explained. Why had she never thought to ask Miss Scarlett’s last name?

“Sorry, there’s nothing I can do,” the clerk apologized, looking over his computer screen. His eyes widened. “Hang on a minute! Sorry, what is your name again?”

“Emily,” the blonde woman repeated.

The clerk grinned. “There’s a note here. You can find her in 521.”

“Thank you!” Emily exclaimed, and ran for the elevator.

The blonde woman counted the numbers as she hurried down the corridor. 515, 517, 519, 521. Here it is. She took a deep breath, smoothed her coat, took off her glasses, and knocked.

A click, a rattle... and the door opened.

Miss Scarlett stood before her. The lady hypnotist wore a black nightgown that fell almost to the floor and glinted in the light. Her long black hair was down, tumbling to her waist.

Scarlett’s smile lit up her lovely face and her dark brown eyes. For an instant the two women gazed at each other, then they both giggled. The hypnotist waved her inside, and Emily entered.

“Welcome,” Scarlett said, her soothing Southern voice tugging at Emily’s heartstrings. “I was hoping to see you tonight.”

“I’m so sorry I missed your show,” Emily said. “I didn’t find out about it until it was almost over. I would have volunteered. I went by the theater. I—”

Scarlett put her arms around her. “I’m just glad you came, Emily.”

The blonde woman nodded. “I’m glad to see you. I’m glad I found you. How was your show?”

“It was good,” Miss Scarlett answered, “but it would have been better with you there.”

Emily felt embarrassing warmth in her cheeks. She hoped Miss Scarlett couldn’t see her blush. The lights were off, and the room’s only source of illumination was the light from other buildings shining through the window.

“I—I’m not a performer, Miss Scarlett.”

The hypnotist’s hand gently caressed Emily’s lower jaw. “You may not feel that way, but you’re a great subject, and the audience loves you. When you’re hypnotized you embrace your imagination and let all your inhibitions go. Everyone wants to see you or be you.”

Emily blushed even more. “I really think they’re there to see you.”

“A hypnotist can’t do a show without volunteers,” Miss Scarlett said gently.

Emily looked away.

Miss Scarlett’s fingers brushed against hers. “What is it, Emily darling?”

“I know you’re probably tired of hypnotizing people by now,” Emily said slowly, “but...”

“Would you like a private show?” Scarlett purred.

Emily nodded several times.

Scarlett grinned, sat down on the bed, opened the drawer on the bedside table, and pulled out a pocket watch on a long chain.

Oh, my. Emily remembered the last time she’d seen that watch. Miss Scarlett had quickly hypnotized Anna, and then hypnotized Emily too.

Emily could barely take her eyes away from the watch, but noticed when Miss Scarlett patted the place on the bed next to her. With butterflies fluttering in her stomach, the blonde woman alighted on the bed beside her.

The Southern belle smiled gently. “You are a great subject, Emily,” she lilted. “A somnambulist. Your eyes are already focused on my pocket watch.”

The raven-haired hypnotist was right. Emily was gazing at the watch, observing how the soft lights from the window reflected from its silver surface. It was so nice to look at.

“It’s so easy to stare at my pocket watch, to listen to my voice, and relax. Feel all the tension easily leaving your body. The more you gaze at my watch, the more peaceful, tranquil and relaxed you become, and the more relaxed you are, the easier it is to let go, listen to my voice, and keep your eyes on my watch.”

It’s so relaxing to listen to her, Emily thought. The watch is so pretty. What am I thinking, she wondered all of a sudden. It’s just a watch. Did Miss Scarlett give me a post-hypnotic command last time I was hypnotized? Is that why I like to stare at it?

Miss Scarlett began to swing the watch, a tiny amount, so very slowly. “I’m so glad you’re here, Emily,” the hypnotist whispered. “I’m so happy to see you... so happy to share this with you. Thank you for coming... thank you for trusting me. Just keep your eyes on the watch, and trust me.”

Emily’s blue eyes followed the glinting watch as it moved slowly across her vision in the dark room. She trusted Miss Scarlett.

“You are listening to my voice, knowing that’s all you have to do, listening to my voice and trusting me. You know you are safe and I will take care of you. You are completely safe with me.”

Emily knew she was safe with the beautiful hypnotist.

“Trusting me to take care of you as you listen to my voice and watch the watch swinging, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Listening to my voice, trusting me to soothe you and relax you. It is so easy to listen to my voice and trust me. The more you listen to me the more you trust me, and the more you trust me the more you listen.”

I love listening to her, Emily thought.

“My voice is all you can hear, whispering to you,” Scarlett murmured. “Letting me soothe you and relax you, soothe you and relax you. My voice is all you want to hear. You are relaxing so much, you’re almost sleepy, and you know I am watching over you and taking care of you. My voice is all you hear, and the more you hear my voice the more relaxed you become. With every breath you become more relaxed, calm, and peaceful. With every breath you feel your worries leaving you.”

It was so nice to listen to Scarlett’s lulling voice and let go.

“You’re letting go of everything now. Your mind and body are relaxing so deeply, your muscles are so calm and so loose and so limp. Just let yourself fall into my voice, Emily, fall into my voice.”

Miss Scarlett swung the watch into a wider arc, and Emily’s eyes had to work a little harder to follow it. But it was so nice to watch as she listened to Scarlett’s mesmerizing words.

“You trust me completely, and you’re falling easily and deeply into relaxation, falling into me, deeper and deeper. My voice hypnotizes you naturally and easily. You’re doing perfectly, you’re a natural subject. I’m hypnotizing you and you know how much you love this. You’re so good at being hypnotized that you cannot resist me.”

Emily’s thoughts started drifting away. What was that? Her head nodded a bit. Miss Scarlett was hypnotizing her and she needed to pay attention. What is she saying? I can’t resist, I trust her completely, I’m falling deeper.

“Your eyelids are growing heavy from watching the watch. Your eyelids are getting heavier and sleepier, heavier and sleepier, heavier the more you listen to my voice, sleepier the more you look at my watch. You are letting go so naturally, listening to me, trusting me. You’re safe, and I am taking care of you. You’re trusting me to take care of you. You’re already deeply relaxed and sleepy, surrendering to my voice.”

Emily tried to keep her eyes open and tried to keep listening to Scarlett’s hypnotizing words, but as her eyelids fluttered her head nodded again, and the motion woke her up a bit. I have to listen, she thought. She loved listening to the words Miss Scarlett used to weave her spell all around her.

“And as I count from three down to one, you will fall into a deep sleep. Three, you can easily imagine your eyes closing, and your eyes are closing right now. You imagine your body relaxing, loose and limp, loose as a rag doll, and your body feels loose and heavy and relaxes completely.”

Emily felt her body relax and sink down at Miss Scarlett’s command. Her head rested against Scarlett’s shoulder. She felt the long-haired hypnotist’s arm slip around her shoulders.

“Two, you’re listening only to my voice, hearing only my voice, thinking only about my voice. You’re trusting me and letting go, surrendering to my control, trusting me to take care of you. You’re sinking deeper and deeper. You can’t help it, it just happens naturally.”

Miss Scarlett’s voice was everything. Emily’s eyes fluttered closed, and she sank down into Scarlett’s arms.

“One. Sleep, Emily. Sleep, Emily. Sleep. You are deeply relaxed, deeply asleep, deeply hypnotized. You have surrendered completely, you’re completely safe, and I will take care of you. You are deeply hypnotized and under my spell, sleeping deeper with each moment, with each word you hear. Your body is safe and under my control, your mind is safe and under my control.

“You’re falling more and more deeply asleep as you listen to my voice, completely relaxed and at peace. You are deeply asleep, but you hear my voice, listen only to my voice, and obey only my voice...”

Miss Scarlett’s soothing voice faded away. Emily drifted, sleeping peacefully, until she heard Scarlett say “Open your eyes.”

The blonde woman’s eyes opened. She was lying down on the bed, with Scarlett sitting next to her. Taking her hand, the Southern belle helped her sit up.

“Do you remember your name?” the hypnotist asked.

The blonde woman nodded. “Emily.”

“How do you feel, Emily?”

“Relaxed and calm.” Emily took a deep breath and smiled at her.

“Do you remember where you are?”

Emily nodded. “I am under your control.”

Miss Scarlett caressed her cheek, a feathery touch. “How does that feel?”

Emily thought for a moment. “Comfortable,” she said honestly.

Scarlett nodded. “Kneel before me.”

“Yes, Miss Scarlett.” Emily rose, stepped in front of the beautiful hypnotist, turned to face her, then knelt. She raised her head to look at the Southern belle’s face.

Miss Scarlett’s eyes shone. “Are you comfortable being there, kneeling at my feet?”

Emily nodded. “Yes, Miss Scarlett.”

“It doesn’t feel strange in any way?”

She shook her head. “No, Miss Scarlett. This is... just the right place for me to be right now.”

“Have you ever been kissed, Emily?”

“Of course.” Why was Miss Scarlett asking that? She’d kissed Jason, Zeke, Joel... and Scarlett too! The Southern belle knew perfectly well they’d kissed.

“You’ve never been kissed, Emily.” Scarlett began swinging the pocket watch before the somnambulist’s face.

“I—what?” Emily’s eyes locked obediently onto the watch and followed it, back and forth.

“On the count of three, you will forget that you have been kissed. You are sure that you have never been kissed. You are convinced that you have never been kissed. One, two, three.” She snapped her fingers.

What were we talking about, Emily wondered. I can’t believe I forgot... Scarlett must think I’m a flake... it’s on the tip of my tongue...

Scarlett put the watch down beside her on the bed. “Have you ever been kissed, Emily?” the Southern belle purred.

Emily shook her head. “No. I’ve never been kissed.”

Scarlett smiled, rose from the bed, and stepped around Emily. The blonde woman scooched around on her knees to keep facing her.

The hypnotist extended her hand. “Rise.”

Emily took it, and let the hypnotist help her up. “Yes, Miss Scarlett.”

Scarlett took a few steps back, away from the bed. “Come here.”

“Yes, Miss Scarlett.” Emily followed.

“Stop, right there... very good. Now, Emily... you can’t move.”

“Yes, Miss—I what?”

“You can’t move. Your feet are stuck to the floor. You cannot step away. Try to step away, and realize that you cannot.”

“Yes, Miss—I—I can’t move—”

“Your legs are stuck, your hips are stuck. Your arms are getting heavy. They are getting heavier, and heavier, until they hang loose, limp and comfortable at your sides. Your arms and shoulders are stuck, frozen, paralyzed. You can’t move. You can’t move anything below your shoulders, Emily.”

Emily struggled a bit, but her body wouldn’t obey her. It was obeying Miss Scarlett. She couldn’t move.

The long-haired hypnotist smiled mischievously, crossing her arms. “Now, Emily, you know that if an emergency arises, you will immediately become unstuck and be able to do whatever you need to do in order to deal safely with the emergency. If any part of your body becomes uncomfortable, you will immediately move it to a comfortable position, then become stuck again. But right now, you are completely stuck and cannot move, and you will remain frozen in place until I command you otherwise. Do you understand?”

Emily stared at the other woman. “I—Yes, Miss Scarlett.” Well, that was an honest answer, she thought. She understood completely! She struggled a bit more, but it was no use.

Scarlett walked behind her. Emily turned her head, but the Southern belle was completely out of her vision. What was she doing?

She felt the hypnotist’s touch on the back of her head, as soft as a feather. Scarlett tugged gently, undoing her hair... and suddenly it was loose, tumbling down her back to her waist. Scarlett smoothed it several times with her fingers.

“Why aren’t you a model?” the hypnotist asked.

Emily didn’t know a thing about modeling. “I’m not very photogenic, Miss Scarlett.”

From behind her, Scarlett’s long-nailed fingertips brushed the hypnotized girl’s cheek. “In that case we need to find you a better photographer.” Emily became aware of the Southern belle’s closeness. She felt her breath on her cheek, felt the warmth of her body on her back. Scarlett’s face was close enough to whisper in her ear.

“R e e o w w r r r...” Scarlett murmured. Chills ran up and down Emily’s spine. She’d never been this close to another woman... had she? She didn’t remember ever being this close to someone... she’d never been kissed... oh my... would she be kissed tonight?

“M e e o w w w r r r...” Scarlett lilted in her other ear. Oh my goodness, Emily thought. What is she doing to me? I can’t move. I’m at Scarlett’s mercy. Is she going to kiss me? Do I want her to kiss me? Of course I want her to kiss me. If I were ever going to kiss another woman it would be Miss Scarlett. She’s gorgeous, charismatic, irresistible… and she’s got me under her power.

Scarlett gathered up Emily’s long golden hair, brushed it over her right shoulder, then nuzzled into the left side of Emily’s neck. The hypnotized girl felt the seductress’ soft breath, the feathery touch of her lips... oh my goodness, Emily thought, she’s kissing me, kissing my neck...

Scarlett swished Emily’s hair to the other side, and then placed tiny kisses up and down her neck’s right side. Chill after chill after chill trembled its way down the blonde woman’s spine. She wanted to move, wanted to shake, but she couldn’t. All she could do was gasp.

The Southern belle kissed her way down to Emily’s shoulder, then lifted her arm straight into the air. To the blonde woman’s amazement, her arm stayed there when Scarlett released it. A moment, and her other arm was beside the first one, standing straight up.

Miss Scarlett pulled Emily’s shirt over her head and dropped it on the floor. A lock of hair fell over the blonde woman’s face, so Scarlett brushed it back. Emily’s whole body below her shoulders seemed to be covered in gooseflesh as her hair swished over her back, but she couldn’t shiver. All she could do was stand in place as Scarlett lowered Emily’s arms, then walked around her and stood in front of her, smiling mischievously, hands on her hips.

Emily’s blue eyes sought Scarlett’s. “What are you doing to me?” she whispered.

“Seducing you,” the raven-haired hypnotist said with a smile.

Scarlett kissed her body again, gently brushing her lips over Emily’s chest, then over her stomach, then up and down her arms and inside her elbow. Emily swallowed several times, trying to stop herself from whimpering; but tiny moans escaped anyway.

“Is everything all right?” Scarlett whispered in her ear, from the front this time—then Emily squealed when the hypnotist took an earlobe in her lips and gave it a tiny tug.

“Yes, Miss Sc—I mean, no, I want to move!” Emily gasped. “I—have chills all over—my body—want to shake and—and touch you—” She wanted to pull the Southern belle to her and caress her and kiss her all over, the same way Scarlett was doing to her.

“Soon,” Scarlett purred, and then unclipped Emily’s bra. Emily barely noticed as the garment tumbled to the floor, for Scarlett knelt down and kissed her breasts.

The Southern belle’s soft lips and cheeks felt heavenly against Emily’s naked skin. Her kisses were so tender and gentle and soft and romantic... and then Scarlett opened her mouth, licking and tasting. Emily gave up on trying to be quiet and let out trembling, quivering moans.

Scarlett’s soft fingers danced up and down her arms, and the hypnotist was behind her again, kissing her ears and the back of her neck.

“Close your eyes.”

Emily heard Miss Scarlett’s whisper in her ear, and her eyes immediately locked shut. Oh, my. “Yes, Miss Scarlett,” she managed.

“Have you ever been kissed?” came Scarlett’s voice. She felt the Southerner’s lips on her breasts, moving from one to the other.

Oh goodness. “No, Miss Scarlett.”

“Would you like me to kiss you?” The hypnotist’s lips touched the back of her neck.

Emily nodded desperately. “Yes, Miss Scarlett!”

“You’re free,” came Scarlett’s whisper in her other ear—and Emily’s eyes popped open and body jerked as the paralysis fell away. She staggered forward, then turned around and stumbled toward Miss Scarlett.

Before she knew it, she was in Scarlett’s arms, and they were kissing.

It was amazing. Scarlett’s lips were slippery and sexy and their touch felt so right. This was the way it was supposed to be. Emily’s heart melted as they shared kiss after kiss after kiss. The Southern belle’s long hair was soft underneath her palms.

Emily kissed the corners of Scarlett’s mouth, then her cheeks, then stepped back, taking deep breaths. She turned away for a moment.

“Is everything all right?” Miss Scarlett asked.

“Oh, yes, Miss Scarlett,” Emily breathed, and faced her again. The raven-haired hypnotist’s deep dark eyes were like midnight pools in the dark room. “Yes, I—that was perfect, Miss Scarlett—I just need to—catch my breath—for a moment—”

And then Scarlett took her by the hand, spun her into her arms and kissed her full on the lips. Emily took a breath, Scarlett kissed her again, and the Southern belle’s tongue licked her own. Emily’s body reacted with an automatic, irresistible physical response, pulsing with blissful tingly energy. Emily shuddered, trembling all over. She gasped, and Scarlett led her back to the bed. Emily collapsed into her lover’s arms.

“You just had—” Scarlett began, and Emily nodded.

“Yes. I feel so close to you, and that was so intimate...”

“Did you like it?” Scarlett slipped in when Emily trailed off.

“Yes, thank you for kissing me, but that last bit was really, really, intimate and I’m not sure...”

“All right.”

“All right?”

“All right,” Scarlett repeated.

Emily held the seductress tightly—and then Scarlett kissed her again. Before Emily knew it, their mouths opened, their tongues touched again, and another climax shuddered through her body.

Scarlett grinned mischievously at the smaller woman as Emily swallowed.

“I can’t believe I—just from a kiss.”

“Look into my eyes.”

Emily’s blue eyes locked onto Scarlett’s brown. “Yes, Miss Scarlett,” she said automatically.

The long-haired hypnotist raised her hand beside her head and snapped her fingers. “Remember,” she said.

Emily’s hazy memories snapped back into clarity. She remembered her boyfriends, and remembered kissing Miss Scarlett backstage after the hypnotist’s stage show.

“Oh,” the blonde woman said slowly. “Oh. Oh!” She had been kissed before, after all. But tonight had been so intense!

Emily lowered her head to Scarlett’s and kissed her, long and loving, on her lips. “I guess I have been kissed,” she admitted. “So you weren’t the first—just the best.”

The two women kissed again. It was wonderful and exciting and thrilling and romantic, but Emily didn’t climax.

“I can’t believe that you did that to me just with one kiss,” Emily confessed.

“I was surprised too,” Miss Scarlett confessed. “I didn’t tell you that you would orgasm in so many words, just that you would think this was your first kiss and you would respond accordingly. When you had your real first kiss, did you—?”

Emily shook her head. “But... Miss Scarlett... feel free to do that to me again sometime.”

Scarlett nodded. “I will.”

Lying down next to Miss Scarlett, Emily laid her head on her lover’s shoulder and slid an arm around her. Gently, Scarlett began stroking Emily’s long hair.

“Have you enjoyed your dream, Emily darling?” the hypnotist asked.

“Oh yes,” Emily told her. She slid a leg over Scarlett’s, snuggling in. Scarlett’s caresses were making her sleepy, and her eyelids started to droop.

“You’re falling asleep,” Miss Scarlett told her. “So relaxed and comfortable, losing yourself in the sound of my voice. With every breath you’re breathing in peace, with every breath you’re breathing out resistance. Sleep, Emily. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.”

Yes, Miss Scarlett, Emily thought as she drifted off.

* * *

Emily awoke in her own bed. Miss Scarlett wasn’t beside her—she had never been—but the dream had felt so real.

She knew she had to get ready for work, but she kept staring at the ceiling. That was the longest, most intense dream she’d ever had in her life—and her body had responded to it just like it had been happening in real life. She needed a shower.

All through washing and drying herself—goodness, her pajamas were damp from perspiration—she could not stop thinking about the dream. That must have been what Scarlett put in my head yesterday when I was hypnotized, she thought. The memory wasn’t fading like most dreams did, either.

But it might. She had to remember this. Quickly, she slipped her clothes on, then found pen and paper.

“Dear Miss Scarlett,” she wrote. “Thank you for the amazing lunch date yesterday. It’s always thrilling to see you. Please let me know next time you’ll be in town. I would love to treat you.”

What should she say next?

“I dreamed about you last night,” she began. Scarlett probably already knew this. Should she erase it and begin a different way? No, she decided, I’ll just continue from there. “I dreamed I learned you were performing, but I missed your show, so I searched and searched for you...”

She continued on for a few pages, then had to go to work.

Her lunch break couldn’t come quickly enough. When it finally arrived, she sat down in the break room and completed the letter as she ate. By the time she was done, it was several pages, long-hand, and double-sided. She made a quick stop to the copy room, made a copy for herself, then put the original in an envelope.

She sealed it, put a stamp on, put “Miss Scarlett” as the addressee—and remembered she knew neither Miss Scarlett’s last name nor her address. How would she send it?

Her pen hovered over the envelope... and the address popped into her mind. Scarlett must have told me, Emily realized, though she didn’t remember when. “P.O. Box 7227538,” she began, and scribbled the rest.

Emily walked down to the mail room and placed the letter in the Outgoing slot. She wondered when she’d ever see her again.

Everyone was looking at her when she returned to her floor. As she approached her cubicle, she realized why: a bouquet of resplendent red roses in a crystal vase awaited her on the corner of her desk. She closed her eyes and inhaled their fragrance.

Several coworkers were peering over the walls, grinning. “Who’s it from, Emily?” Alex asked.

Emily took out the card.

Thank you for a wonderful lunch date. XOXO, M. S.

She pressed the card to her chest.

“Well?” Marisa pressed.

Emily just smiled.

Epilogue

One Saturday evening, Emily was about to start preparing dinner when the phone rang. Anna was out with a boyfriend, so she ran to the living room to answer it. “Hello?” she said into the receiver.

“Hello, Emily,” came Miss Scarlett’s Southern lilt.

“Scarlett,” the blonde woman said, making no effort to keep the smile out of her tone. “It’s so great to hear your voice!” In more ways than one, she thought, considering what Scarlett can do with that voice.

“I just checked in to my hotel,” the Southern belle told her. “It’s the one about half a mile south of where you work. I’m sorry this is so last minute, but are you available for dinner? I’m in room 361.”

“I’m on my way,” Emily promised.

The blonde woman felt a sense of deja vu as she arrived at the hotel and hurried to Scarlett’s room. Here we go, she thought. She smoothed her jacket, took off her glasses, and knocked.

Miss Scarlett opened the door. The lovely hypnotist had made up her deep brown eyes with eyeliner and mascara, and her long dark hair gleamed in the light as it fell, unbound, around her waist. She wore a shiny black nightgown. Emily had never seen a woman so beautiful.

This is just like my dream, Emily thought. Her stomach filled with butterflies. “Hi,” she managed.

“Good evening, Emily,” Miss Scarlett said. “We have dinner reservations for seven thirty, so if you’d like to come in and relax for a bit...”

She knows, Emily thought. She chose that nightgown—maybe even bought it—because of how I pictured her in my dream. She wants to act it out with me. We’re going to act out my dream. The blonde woman wondered what to say—then realized she knew exactly the right words.

“Yes, Miss Scarlett,” Emily breathed.

Taking Emily’s hand, the hypnodomme led her inside.

The End